Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 08:04 AM   #91
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 294/---/170
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 10/1/2014....again.....
I'm going to my sister's house after work today. My 8 year-old nephew has a school program tonight and I promised him I'd come. My sister called me this morning and asked if I'd remembered. LOL -- I had and even told DD19 to make sure she took my pooch outside an extra time before she leaves for work. My BIL is making dinner -- shrimp and scallops on the grill!

Today's food:
Brunch: Chorizo & egg hash from cafeteria -- chorizo, red bell peppers, scrambled eggs and monterey jack cheese -- I had them skip the hash browns

Dinner: Grilled shrimp and scallops, big salad with ranch dressing
Kim in MN is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #92
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/181/135
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
Have a great day and enjoy the time with family and the program, Kim.

okay, signing off. I'll check back in later but it might not be till tonight.
stews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 PM   #93
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!

I'm so tired. Sorry I'm not around much. Having a time getting adjusted to balancing me as a mommy and a career

loving it, but having a hard time adjusting my me time and sleep

kiddo fell asleep early tonight, she's already asleep. We're reading the Wimpy Kid books. Already on book 5.
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #94
princess peskironi WIT

Dollar Tree had pink t-shirts and pink hats so I picked one of each up and doing an iron on of these for Char Bear to put in her Easter basket

First one big on the shirt, second one little on the hat

She adores Yoshi and when her and I play Mario Kart, one of us will be Yoshi and the other Baby Peach (the baby on Yoshi)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #95
Random WIT

ah, she will love it!

I went for a 3 mile walk after work with a friend/coworker. it was sunny and a great day for it! yeah!

then this evening after dh left i thought I'd go through a couple shelves in our pantry and get rid of outdated things. (I'm embarassed to say how long its been since I've done this and the floor in the pantry kept getting more and more things piled in there. anyway, by the time I was done I had gone through all the shelves and cleared most of the floor. what is left on the floor is only there because they are too big for the shelves. dh is going to think he is in the wrong house when he opens the pantry, lol
Old 03-08-2013, 07:50 AM   #96
Random WIT

good morning.

no big plans today. work then sometime this afternoon or evening I need to get a weight workout in. woke up with my back hurting and my ankle started hurting not long after my walk yesterday. stupid! I just want to be able to do what I want physically. ack!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:17 AM   #97
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
Morning ladies...

We are in the middle - well, towards the end - of a snow storm. Sara was thrilled that there was no school. LOL They said we were supposed to get like 10 inches, but it doesn't look like it. Although I have no set foot outside. LOL

Our coffee pot crapped the bed today. LOL At least its not Monday, right?

So I was pleasantly surprised this morning. Although I didn't eat off plan at all, I felt like I at too much. Even though I was at 1700 calories. I tend to keep my cals around 1500. So I didn't really eat too much...I just ate all I was allowed. LOL Anyway, I lost 1.5 lbs since Tuesday! Too bad I'm probably going to gain it back from going out tomorrow night. LOL I hope tomorrow doesn't cause to much damage. I guess time will tell.

Oh...and my car is STILL at my mechanics. He's a great guy. Normally I get it back in a day or so. Maybe because he knows I have no job - so he's not in a rush? I dunno. But I WANT MY CAR BACK! LOL

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:46 AM   #98
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Official weigh in...down 3.9 pounds in week one! Now I'm on a different scale so I have to take it with a grain of salt, but I'm pretty confidant I broke the 130s

Tonight is a free meal and I have points to use. After tonight it's right back to clean!

Going out of town to stay with my sister
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #99
The Potty Mouth WIT

Yay!!!!!!! Good job Jackie!!!

Tomorrow is a splurge night. For my birthday I'm going out with friends/family. Planning on having a really yummy meal and some beverages. So I'm a bit nervous about this making me gain. I'll be ok if I just stay the same.

Anyway... KUTGW Jackie!! And have a great time with your sister!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:30 AM   #100
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Great loss Jackie!

Have fun with your birthday celebration out Amy. Drink lots of water to flush out your system.

Stews - enjoy your walk with your friend.

I have no idea what's going on for the weekend. No plans as of yet. Grocery shopping and food prep for the week will occur, but other than that - it's an open slate.

Last night was fun -- huge seared scallops and mixed green salads for dinner. The school program only lasted 1/2 hour but it was cute. We had a grandmother and probably younger sibling of one of the 2nd graders performing sit behind us. The little girl (about 2 or so) and grandma held a constant conversation, play game through the entire program. As the 2nd graders sang louder, the grandmother spoke louder. Incredibly rude. If unable to sit quietly -- or at least mostly quiet -- then the grandma should of taken the little girl out in the hallway. Believe me, we weren't the only ones to turn around and give them "the look". It was difficult to pay attention to the words the kids were singing.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #101
The Potty Mouth WIT

Hey Kim Let me guess...the grandma did not get it huh? People like that make me crazy. I hope you were still able to enjoy the performance. Ohhhhh...dinner sounds like it was so yummy!! I love scallops!!!

Still snowing here, but tapering off. WAY more than what they had originally said.

I'm hoping that the plow guy gets here and the streets clear up a bit so I can get my daughter to her dads house tonight.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:45 PM   #102
princess peskironi WIT

grrr!!

I lost 11 lbs while I was on leave, just slightly over a lb a week.

Since going back to work, I've gained slightly over a lb a week already
Old 03-08-2013, 07:31 PM   #103
Random WIT

I'm sorry, *hugs*.

now...stop it! stop it now! you can do it, peskie. you can figure out how to work a plan while working. love ya!
Old 03-08-2013, 08:40 PM   #104
Random WIT

quiet in here today.

my menu/exercise for Friday:
*whey protein shake
*whey protein shake
*cereal (granola), cheese, sausage links
*whey protein shake w/blueberries, mini rice cakes (post work out meal
*celery/peanut butter, baby carrots, a couple radishes

exercise: upper body weight workout
Old 03-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #105
Random WIT

good morning, Witsters! I am at my low this morning. lets see if I can hit a new low by Monday. we'll see. weekends are a little looser as far as food goes a lot of times but I don't have to go crazy even if I eat more or differently.

sooo, have any of you heard of "bountiful baskets"? its a fresh produce co op that you contribute 15$ and get a basket of whatever they have for that week (some locations do every week, others every other week). they also have some add on's that you can contribute more towards getting and an option to upgrade to an organic basic basket also if you choose. anyway, I contributed this week for the first time. I had just recently heard about it. lets just say...there is NO excuse for me to not eat veggies this week.

here is the goods from my basket (I didn't inclue a pic of the granola I bought as an extra. just the stuff that came in the basic basket). I set everything out on my stove to be able to show a reasonable perspective for size/amount. I'm so glad I didn't stop and get lettuce yesterday for salad since I ended up with 2 heads today, lol.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #106
Blabbermouth!!!

Stews, I don't know if we have that program here but I am going to look into it. Your veggies look great!
Lazy day here. It's freezing drizzle/rain outside so I'm not going anywhere. I've figured dinner out from rummaging through the freezer. I found some thin ribeye steaks that I defrosted and have marinating in chipotle salsa with extra garlic, cayenne, cumin, and Ancho chili powder. I will grill steak and peppers and serve over a bed of lettuce with cheese, and salsa and sour cream.
Food is tracked for the day. I had a big brunch of eggs and sausage so I'm just eating 2 meals today.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #107

We just got back from my sisters. We had so much fun. I really hope dh gets stationed here and we can be around family all the time. It's been a great week.
Used a lot of my weekly points last night so I'm going to be nice and clean the rest of the week. Going for Japanese tonight and have my meal planned
Old 03-09-2013, 05:27 PM   #108
Random WIT

thanks Kim. I will definitely be doing it with them again and just see how it goes over time. I look forward to seeing what produce they have over the summer!

DP, I'm glad you had fun! I'm going to remind you that you said that in the middle of winter when you are complaining of the cold . KIDDING! I do agree with you. It WILL be nice to be close to family, especially when your dh is deployed or working a lot. (yes, I said "will". I'm using positive thinking ).

had a coffee date with a couple friends after my hair appointment. except I ended up getting sf chai tea instead this time. then dh and I went to our neighbor's memorial service then after we weren't ready to come home yet. its SO nice and sunny out so we tried a place for lunch we've been wanting to go to for a long time but always forget or they are closed when we think of it. I had 1/2 turkey sandwich w/cream cheese, veggies and pesto and a side salad. ate a nice healthy light meal then ended up finishing it off with a marionberry scone, lol. that's okay, though. I haven't eaten much today. at least I had a light meal then had one rather than a heavy meal and adding the scone, lol.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #109

Non scale victory- I'm in my pre preggo jeans! I have a little muffin top but they are on and buttoned!
Old 03-10-2013, 10:26 AM   #110
Random WIT

Yeah! Nice work, dp!

Good thing I got ready for church early other than getting dressed. Our power just went out.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #111
princess peskironi WIT

pretty

wish we had that program here
Old 03-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #112
Random WIT

the program is really growing. maybe it will be there some day.

getting ready to go finish dinner (well, lunch, but its the big meal today). dh is going to bbq salmon and I am going to sautee bok choy, onion, green pepper with some bacon. hope its good.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:38 PM   #113

We had a great day with family. My dad and step mom now have 10 grandkids thanks to Stella and they were all together today. It was fun!! And I ate well
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM   #114
Random WIT

that is so awesome, DP! I used to love when all our families got together when the kids were little. they had SO much fun together. okay, I still like when our families get together but it was really something watching the kids back then.

I've been busy this weekend. but I've done well with my eating, at least so far . last night dh made some more of our favorite spicy cheez its and asked if I wanted some. I told him, I'd just have a few from his bowl rather than get a whole bowl for myself this time. and I did manage to keep it at just a few .

today, dh bbq'd salmon after church and I sauteed some bokchoy with a little onion, green pepper, red pepper flakes and added bacon. we also had baked potatoes.

then I got a good work out in and a healthy post work out meal. I will probably have one more light snack in a little while.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amazinggrace911
Stats: 190/190/150 -- 5'8"
WOE: Whatever It Takes!!!!!
Start Date: 7/30/2014
Hello strangers!! Everytime I begin to post again it seems like something comes up and I don't get on here. Really need to get on here every day to help keep myself focused.

Two weeks ago I had started back on Dukan diet. I don't know what happened except that TOM started at the same time. I lost 7 pounds in two days. On the second day I had some dizzy spells at work. Ended up going home. I ate when I got home and felt much better. I've never had that happen before. By the next week my weight was back up to 178. Tried to watch this past week. At 175 today. Hopefully I'll stay there for tomorrow's weigh in.

Welcome Kim!! My name is Lenise. I'm 48yo, married for 23 years, and have a 19yos, an almost 17yod and 3 cats. I did lowcarb about 11-12 years ago and went from 232 down to 175. Unfortunatly over the years I put all that back on. Almost two years ago I started the Dukan Diet and lost about 25 pounds. Since then I've lost over 25 pounds more through various ways. My goal is 150-155. I'm 5'8", so that's reasonable I think. I live in PA and am working at wally world right now. It's a job. I really want to do something else. I had a cleaning business for about 12 years and have also worked as a cook at a christian camp. Loved doing both. I'm seriously thinking about starting my cleaning business again. Praying lots about that.

Don't really feel like going to work tonight. It's just boring. I love talking to the customers and helping them, but the store I'm in is small and not very busy at night. I really need to find something else. Hard to do when we only have one vehicle.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:16 AM   #116
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi Lenise!

I don't know where the weekend went! I spent much of it in my basement -- cleaning, organizing and tossing. The Spring 'thaw' has begun -- accellerated by the all-day rain we had on Saturday -- and I'm getting water in my basement. It's on on-going problem for me - -usually controlled with making sure the gutters are clear and on -- but the snow that usually brings be some trouble in the Spring. I'm prepared though -- I have a big Wet Vac that has a built-in sump pump so there's no lifting to empty it. Just connect a garden hose and run the hose into the shower drain. I usually don't get a lot and it's always limited to my workshop and bathroom. In the 22 years I've owned my home, I've never gotten water in the basement bedroom or family room.

Clean-up was minimal -- vaccum, spray the wall & floor with bleach and then set-up fans to dry everything out quickly. And since I know there's always the possibility of water, I keep things off the floor in my workshop; everything is on shelves or my bench.

Eating-wise my weekend was great! I met my goals for water and eating, but did not get to the gym. It wasn't as though I didn't get any exercise though -- many trips up and down the steps and moving things around accounted for some cardio -- I can feel it in my shoulders and legs.

My scale sure didn't reflect my good eating. My scale was up 6# this morning -- TOM is here and I can only blame that.

Today's food plan:
B: 2 sausage patties, 1 scrambled egg, 1 slice cheese -- like a muffin-less breakfast sandwich
L: mixed green salad with grilled chicken, egg, parm cheese, veggies, ranch
D: bunless cheeseburger, sliced cucumbers
Water, water, water.

I WILL get to the gym this week!

I took tomorrow off from work. I finally broke down and got into the 21st century and bought myself a flat-panel TV last month. As a Silver Rewardzone member I get 1 free Geek Squad service per year and I am having my tv professionally calibrated tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a lot of hype -- I would never pay for the service ($250 -- 3 hour appt!), but since it's free, what the heck.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #117

Morning. Kids slept in and dh just took Kyle ice skating so I'm home alone with peanut. It's nice I'm sure going to miss sleeping in until 8:30!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #118
Random WIT

nice to see you all. it was a busy weekend for everyone, it seems.

I am leaving for work in a few minutes. hitting a bookstore to try and find some books for the boys at work before I come home this afternoon.

I hit a new low and a new decade on the scale. 10.1 more to go to be in onderland!
Old 03-11-2013, 08:04 AM   #119
Random WIT

Old 03-11-2013, 08:32 AM   #120
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Birthday Amy!