Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 01:08 PM   #31
Random WIT

Gallery: stews
Stats: 240/185.4/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 4/5/14 @223.8 lbs.
just had meal #2. 2 boiled eggs (fresh farm eggs), carrots, a few grape tomatoes and a couple radishes
stews is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: DisneyPrincess
WOE: Whatever it Takes
Start Date: Time to make this a lifestyle!
Did awesome today! And I went shopping so I have lots of good choices to have when we aren't eating out. Exhausted though. Kyle is with his grandma right now and we are impatiently waiting to get to bed.
DisneyPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 07:02 PM   #33
Random WIT

glad you had a good day, Jackie.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:15 PM   #34
Random WIT

peskie, you're being summoned
Old 03-03-2013, 06:13 AM   #35
princess peskironi WIT

Gallery: Peskie
Stats: eek!
WOE: whatever it takes to be a good, energetic mommy!!
Start Date: 11/12/03 goal 7/11/05, crash, burn, restart again!
thanks cutie!
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:00 AM   #36
Random WIT

you're welcome

shoot, was SO hoping for a new low today. I did so good yesterday but nope, still up a pound from my low. booooo!
Old 03-03-2013, 02:01 PM   #37
Random WIT

We went back to our old church again this week. we had said when we started going to the one my Dad goes that we would go back and try it again after they got a new pastor. I think we are going to keep going. I'm going to miss seeing my Dad and L every Sunday and usually lunch with them after most the time.

dh and I went to breakfast afterwards. I had an omelette, hashbrowns and wheat toast but brought home half my hashbrowns and omelette.

now sitting here not feeling great (dumb me trying to get a cold, I think) and trying to talk myself into getting into the exercise room. Idontwanna!
Old 03-04-2013, 04:31 AM   #38
The Potty Mouth WIT

Gallery: SmileyAmy
Stats: 267/218.5/Healthy!
WOE: Watching calories!
Morning ladies... I coulda sworn that I posted yesterday but it looks like I didn't.

Teri, glad the old church was good. I assume they got a new pastor? How are you feeling this morning? Still feeling like you're getting a cold??

I slept so bad last night. Nelson is getting a cold or something and was snoring SO loud. So finally at midnight I went to the couch. But then he had to be up and leave around 4:30 - and then I couldn't get back to sleep. Until 30 minutes before my alarm went off. I think I'm gonna be lazy and get Sara on the bus and go back to bed.

I did GREAT on my eating this weekend. No slip ups at all!

And just so you know ~ ONE WEEK UNTIL MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!

Caylee Marie...you have a place in my heart forever.
SmileyAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #39
The Potty Mouth WIT

Thought I'd pop in before I went to lay down. No one is here yet.

I'll pop back later.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #40

Morning.
Doing well with WW and tracking. It's really keeping me accountable. It'll be interesting to weigh Thursday, though I'm on a different scale.

Taking Stella to get her ears pierced today
Old 03-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #41
Random WIT

yeah, don't stress over any fluctuations dp. different scales can be so different (I know you know. just a friendly reminder ).

Amy, yes, they got a new pastor a number of months ago but we hadn't gotten back there yet. we went last week and this week. probably will keep going and see how it goes. going to miss seeing my Dad and L every Sunday, though. but that is not reason enough to choose a church. we'll just have to make plans to see each other.

I feel "ok" not great but okay. it could still go either way. I guzzled airborn yesterday hoping to kick it before it really gets going.

I'm pretty much ready for work. just need to put my shirt on (I have a cami but not the main shirt. doggy hair clings to it so I'm waiting until right before I walk out the door.

no real plans this afternoon other than I probably need to exercise. I most likely won't tomorrow because I'm getting a massage. I usually get them on Friday's but I didn't get booked and didn't want to wait 2 weeks later than my normal schedule so I'm just going during the work week instead of starting my weekend with it. oh well.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:09 AM   #42

We are going to Olive Garden for lunch and I already have my food tracked
Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 AM   #43
The Potty Mouth WIT

WTG Jackie!! I find that helps a lot. I enter what I will be eating so I can see how it will affect my day.

Infact at TOPS tomorrow I am teaching the lesson. Its about tracking your calories and it mentions a study that people who have tracking devices on phones etc do much better because they can plan no matter where they are - and they can see the affect before they eat. Also the encouragement from peers on the sites help as well. Where people who just keep a journal, don't do as good.

We have a lot of ladies who just write things down. So I wonder if they really "see" what they are eating. KWIM?

But good work!!!

Mom and I aren't quite sure what we are eating tonight. I have to drop my car off as soon as she finishes work - to get looked at tomorrow. And then straight to Girl Scouts. I'm probably going to grab Sara a Happy Meal, but mom and I know McDonalds will reflect on the scale tomorrow. But we have such little time to eat. Looks like we may just have a couple scrambled eggs and a piece of toast. Then maybe a small snack when we get home.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:11 PM   #44
Random WIT

Amy, you are doing great!

so...came home from work and had lunch...then my dd22 showed up at the house and wanted to go out to eat. wish she had texted me earlier, lol.

anyway, we did go. dd22, dh and I. I was good and just got a bowl of fresh fruit while they ate burger and fries and dd had a pie shake with her meal. go me! I made a healthy choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyPrincess View Post
We are going to Olive Garden for lunch and I already have my food tracked
good job with the planning.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #45
Random WIT

work out done tomorrow will be a day off from exercise other than walking around the classroom all day, lol. its deep tissue massage day so i will NOT be doing anything after that.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #46

Thanks everyone. It feels good to have some control back ya know?
Old 03-05-2013, 05:23 AM   #47
The Potty Mouth WIT

Good job Stews!!!! WTG!!!! Enjoy your massage. I bet you'll feel good after that.

Lost .9lbs... Kinda wish it was a bit more, but I'll take it. LOL Weigh in at TOPS tonight. Hoping to be Biggest Loser! I dunno... Me and the lone guy there are neck in neck.

Taxes came in today! Yay! And perfect timing because my car is in the shop. Dad was going to lend me the money - but now I don't need him to. So that is good. But I have no idea how much it'll be. Hoping that its under $500. But other than that - its all pretty much accounted for. LOL Hate seeing that big number and then knowing its gone in a matter of days!

So, I'm nervous for this weekend. I am probably going to be WAY off plan Saturday. And Monday Sara is insisting on cake for me. I just think that next weeks scale number isn't going to be great. So I'm trying to be extra good until then.

I'm stressing a bit about the calories. So we'll see. I do want to have a yummy dinner and a few drinks. But I don't want to see the number. LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 05:24 AM   #48
The Potty Mouth WIT

Quote:
I know what you mean! I feel like I'm back on track like I was a year ago!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #49
Random WIT

Quote:
I do know!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
Good job Stews!!!! WTG!!!! Enjoy your massage. I bet you'll feel good after that.
I'll most likely be sore for a couple days. It usually makes me feel like I had an extreme workout, lol. but a couple days later I'll be great :d
Lost .9lbs... Kinda wish it was a bit more, but I'll take it. LOL Weigh in at TOPS tonight. Hoping to be Biggest Loser! I dunno... Me and the lone guy there are neck in neck.

Taxes came in today! Yay! And perfect timing because my car is in the shop. Dad was going to lend me the money - but now I don't need him to. So that is good. But I have no idea how much it'll be. Hoping that its under $500. But other than that - its all pretty much accounted for. LOL Hate seeing that big number and then knowing its gone in a matter of days!

So, I'm nervous for this weekend. I am probably going to be WAY off plan Saturday. And Monday Sara is insisting on cake for me. I just think that next weeks scale number isn't going to be great. So I'm trying to be extra good until then.

I'm stressing a bit about the calories. So we'll see. I do want to have a yummy dinner and a few drinks. But I don't want to see the number. LOL
how about cupcakes instead of a regular size caked. then you can get one per person. its naturally portion controlled and you don't have leftovers to think about. good job on the loss. I hope you beat the lone guy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyAmy View Post
I know what you mean! I feel like I'm back on track like I was a year ago!
ME TOO ME TOO! for the most part. i seem to have random days (usually 2 or 3) where I struggle for a short period of the day but then pull it together again. weird!

I am down a little more too. now just .2 away from a new decade.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:07 AM   #50
The Potty Mouth WIT

Yeah, I mentioned cupcakes to mom. Or a small cake. I don't want to have it laying around.

I'm going to try to keep my "binge" to Saturday night. Then eat really good on Sunday and most of Monday.

I'm trying to get to 219 (I'm at 227) to get my darn bracelet that I totally thought I'd have by now. And 217 was my lowest from a year ago. So I just wanna get there!!!

I feel like 20lbs is too long for a reward. I mean, its keeping me focused, but it feel so far away.

I struggle on the weekends. I'm trying very hard to be aware of that. Seems the weekends I don't have Sara - and go out - are the hard ones.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:53 AM   #51
Random WIT

you WILL get there. I do okay with planned splurges. usually no problem getting back on. its the spur of the moment unplanned ones that I am more likely to struggle with getting back on after.

how about a little mini award for every 10. nothing that costs much of any. think of something you really like to do but don't do often, or a pajama day, etc. it could be anything that makes YOU happy.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:07 AM   #52
Random WIT

so...right now I have a choice between baggy butt jeans or muffin top *snort*. neither is a good look. oh well. I went for the muffin top ones today and am wearing a lose shirt to help hide it, lol.

heading to work in a few minutes. Will check in later.

Last edited by stews; 03-05-2013 at 07:09 AM..
Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 AM   #53
The Potty Mouth WIT

Mmmm... Muffin tops. Banana walnut is my fav. Oh...wait. Not THAT kinda muffin top. LOL!!!

Have a good day!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #54

Friday night is going to be hard for me. With WW I get extra weekly points I can use so I'm guessing that's what will happen.
Just do your best Amy and enjoy it!!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 294/---/170
Start Date: 9/17/2014....again.....
Hello Ladies -- do you have room in your group for a new member? I need accountability and am at the point where I need to do this What Ever it Takes!

My name is Kim (duh!), I'm 49, soon to be 50 , divorced, have 2 kids, DD19, DS23 and DIL23 and a granddaughter 9 months.

My mantra right now -- Fitter by Fifty. I did awesome on Atkins 12 years ago -- I lost 85 pounds. I've regained all but 9 of those pounds. Over the past few years I've gone back and forth from WW and Atkins. I feel the best when doing Atkins -- so that's what my plan is.

I'd love to join your group, get to know you, and most of all -- have the accountability and support!
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #56
The Potty Mouth WIT

Kim! Sure! We would love to have you. We've kinda been slacking in here. We used to have new threads each week. Now it's one a month. So we are all trying to get in here and support each other better.

I'm not doing LC. I used to. Just isn't for me. I lost 50 watching cals and exercising. But in the fall I was laid off twice and just "didn't care" and gained 25lbs back. But I'm back on track. I do TOPS (kinda like WW meetings but you follow your own plan) once a week. Seems to help me be acountable. I'm back at a 40lb loss. My first goal is 219. I have a bracelet just WAITING as a reward. 10 more pounds!

Oh and I'm divorced. Have a DD7. My mom lives with me and DD. I'm unemployed at the moment. Poo...

Welcome!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #57
The Potty Mouth WIT

Speaking of jobs... Feeling VERY down today. It's been 4 months and no calls or interviews. Starting to get scared.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #58
Random WIT

Welcome, Kim! I'm at work so will post more later. Just wanted to welcome you.
Old 03-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #59
Random WIT

Massage time!!
Old 03-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!

Location: Depends...under the blistering sun w/humidity or in a snowdrift...depends on the season
Gallery: Kim in MN
Stats: 294/---/170
Start Date: 9/17/2014....again.....
Thanks for the welcome! I'm excited to get to know everyone and be motivated and help motivate everyone.

Amy - What type of work do you do? I'm sorry you've been out of work so long -- that is my biggest fear. I need to set a mini-goal for myself with a small reward -- maybe a bead for my Troll bracelet.

I've updated my stats for a fresh start. I'm going to work on goals and will post them later tonight.
Kim in MN is offline   Reply With Quote