Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #121
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
lilmiss - so good to hea from you again. And 20 pounds is GREAT!! Hope you find an activity that is "you."

Haven't hear from DS so that must mean he made it through day #1 of Ranger School. Two more before he is set for the next 18. Praying for him since this is so important to him. Last time he flunked pushups on day #1 and I heard from him at 7:45 Tuesday morning. Was so worried this morning but nothing. Yet. DO NOT WANT TO HEAR FROM HIM for the next 20 days.

Since I bounced up trying to do 4:3 I am going to have a VERY controlled UD today. BUT I had to change clothes this morning since the top I put on was too big to wear and it was the ONLY top that matched my pants so I had to start all over. What I have on now is a size 8 and is too big too but not as bad as what I started with.
Looks like rain but a cold front is expected too. Can't make up it's mind. Cold, hot, cold, hot. I never know whether to put on a sweatchirt or a T shirt to go do morning chores.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/132/139 JUDDD 01/01/2011
157/148/139 JUDDD 07/28/2014
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2013, 04:09 PM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Hey Lil miss! Have you thought about doing something in the fitness industry? Maybe become an instructor?

Dak, that's a great idea to practice gratitude. It's something I should do all the time. I never heard of those experiments. I'm off to google

Hi adi, I'm so glad DS got through his first day! Keeping fingers crossed.

Had a good low carb day today. I have to read Bernstein to reinforce my resolve and inspire me.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:58 PM   #123
Big Yapper!!!!

Haven't heard from DS so that is a good thing. Tonight is their 12 mile ruck. He can handle that so I am optimistic that he will make it through the first 3 days and then can stay until 21 days are up. Then he can find out whether he passes to the Mountain phase or recycles the first phase. Whatever he does he DOES NOT have to repeat the first three days again. Hope, hope, hope.
I am dropping my weight gain. I am taking 2 pterostilbene every am along with 2 L-glutamine and I can't believe how much better I am about the sweets. L-glutamine is supposed to help with those cravings. I do believe it works.
It is cold here. Hot cold. Wish it would make up it's mind. My barn cat never came back so I guess I need to find another barn kitty. Widgie's kitty rarely goes to the barn any more. She is strictly a patio cat now.
Old 04-25-2013, 04:17 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Got rid of my gain and was 135.8 this morning. All water probably but it looked good on the scale.
I am not working today or tomorrow since I am going to a goat show this weekend. Have to clip the boys since it is a buck show. Still cold here though.
Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:08 AM   #125
Big Yapper!!!!

No word from DS yet. YEA!! Hope that means he is still in Ranger School. I am 136.5 this morning after an UD. Right on target again. I am leaving this afternoon to go to the Dallas area to a buck show. Have my bucks clipped and ready. AND I am so sore this morning since I have to clip them to the fence and then clip them since they are too large to fit on the milk stand. Oh my aching back. I put the biggest one in the trailer for the night and he is not happy. I can hear him now bouncing around in there. Will take food even though tomorrow is an UD since there will not be a concession stand. Not sure what to pack. Be back Sunday.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Adi, you lost that extra really quickly, congratulations. No news is good news I guess with your DS, sending you and him all the best wishes for success.

I saw an article about soap and I thought of you, pretty cool way to fight mosquitoes and malaria, (not that you need to do it, just think it's interesting).

Lil Miss, that's great, congrats on losing that 10 pounds. What's your goal?

Kritter, much success with LC! It's a good way to lose weight.

I've been sick all week with a cough & no voice. I didn't work and I didn't really do anything fun. Sure know how to have a good time.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:34 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning ladies.

I finally got my bike in working order yesterday, thanks to REI. Went for a bike ride. I only rode 3 miles, but it's a start. I plan on going out again today and hope to go every day this week. I used an app called MapMyRun to measure the trail I walk/ride on and it's exactly 1 mile. So when this trail gets easy, I'll move over to another trail near me that has more hills. I'm so excited to be riding again.

Last night in the garage, I saw the biggest, hairiest centipede I've ever seen. Did not sleep well after that.

Adi, I bought L-Glutamine but I don't think I ever took it. I'm always afraid to take things because I'm afraid of side-effects. Have you noticed any?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:59 AM   #128
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I started taking the L-glutamine because on the JUDDD board someone said it eliminated their sugar cravings. I have been taking it for a week and it does work for that. That is probably why I have dropped my gain. I have had no desire for sweet stuff. Although I had ice cream yesterday it did not taste as good as I remembered. That is a good thing. Have not noticed any thing else since starting it so I don't think I have had any side effects.
Today is a DD and I did not weigh yesterday since I was at a goat show but I am down .4 from my last DD even having a hamburger, French fries and ice cream yesterday at the goat show. BUT showing bucks is hard work. THEY ARE BIG AND IT TAKES A LOT OF ENERGY TO LEAD THEM AROUND TO KEEP THEM FROM DRAGGIN YOU. Oops caps lock. Came home with three baby girls though. A long time "friend" offered me a real deal since she needed the money and she is her sole support and my age I felt like since I could I would. She has nice goats so they will be a nice addition.
Yea on the bike ride. I still plan on buying a bike from the A&M Auction when I can remember to check out the brands. Guess I would have to ride it on the oilfield road which brings up the bad news. We have an oil well on our property that has been here for many years before we came. The oil company wants to frack the well. I am so not happy.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:52 AM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Happy Monday Morning all. I am 135.8 this morning so I am happy but that is after an UD so must be careful today to keep my bounce at 136 something.
I am certainly hydrated since I have veins you can see on my hands. That rarely happens to me. I think that is a good thing.
If we don't get some rain we are going to have to water our entire garden. Sad. It rained, the seeds sprouted and now nothing. We don't want it all to die.
Off to do chores.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:23 PM   #130
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you get some much needed rain, Adi! DH & I have been working on putti g more of the property on drip. So much easier to flip a switch than to water everything by hand. I have a few tomatoes happening! Next year I really have to put some greens in in the fall, I've missed being able to eat from the garden.

DS spent the last two days detailing my car, early Mothers Day and a new polisher he wanted to try out. It's like my car had a facial. He used clay to lift the surface dirt, some sort of compound, I don't remember it looking this good when I bought it. Downside, I was just at Target getting microfiber cloths and cleaning stuff, now I feel obligated to keep it cleaner.

Fracking? Oh Adi, is there anything you can do to prevent it? My dads house is in an area where they're fracking, people are in the papers complaining of cracked foundations & pools.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Adi, I'm so sorry about the fracking. Do you know how long it will go on for?

Dak, how nice to have your car detailed! Our cars are filthy from the pollen. I have to try to get them washed this weekend.

Went for a bike ride yesterday too, but my posterior was pretty sore so I only rode 3.5 miles. I just think back to about 6 years ago when I first got a bike and couldn't even ride 2 miles and it puts in perspective
Old 04-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #132
Big Yapper!!!!

I typed out a long response and it vanished. DH is taking care of the fracking info since I just don't want it done I best keep away. We don't \own the mineral rights and it just irks me.
I was 135.8 this morning and I have had a good day so we shall see what tomorrow brings.
Went to the eye doctor for checkup and new glasses. New glasses will be clear lenses for left eye and a weaker prescription for the right eye. I had my glasses filled at this location five years ago but did not use this doctor but he had the records of my last glasses and kept looking at the prescription over and over. I guess most 64 year olds vision is getting worse. Not better. My vision is better than it has been in 50 years. Go figure.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:05 PM   #133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for DH's and better vision, that is remarkable!

Congrats on your bike riding, Kritter. At the Earth Day celebration we went to a couple of weeks ago, there was a vendor there selling bikes with motors. We live on a pretty steep hill, have to say, DH & I were eying them. I'm just not in good enough shape to take a steep incline, a little help might be nice.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 AM   #134
Big Yapper!!!!

I started April at 138.6 and ended at 138.2 for a grand total of a .4 loss. But then I am really in maintenance so that is good.
I have linear appraisal for the goats tomorrow so I am taking off both days. Today has to be my last push to get everything done. Will never happen.
Interesting about bikes with motors but then they make everything these days.
Still would love a bike for my old age.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:11 AM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

Well, I am 135.2 this morning. Lost some water apparently. Having my breakfast then off to get the goaties ready for their big day.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:20 AM   #136
Big Yapper!!!!

Our new thread for MAY.
~~LCMW~~MAY EDITION!!