Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Adi, you don't have to explain that you're busy, I totally understand! I'll just order what you have now and wait till you can get back to making soaps later. Putting in a garden is more of a priority, it can't really wait.

Hey Lil Miss, a week at the beach? Sounds like heaven. I think vacations should happen every season.

Finally got most of the mowing done, it looks so much better. I love how cumulative the work in the garden is, a little of this, a little of that. Today was the first day in a long while that I actually felt caught up.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Hi ladies!

I finally got out for a walk tonight. I think the high today was around 85! It's going back down to the 50s on Friday so it's just a fluke but boy was it nice out there.

lil miss, count me jealous too! I was in Cape May for one day and hated like heck to leave.

I discovered a place near me called Bryn and Dane's that sells healthy fast food. Lots of salads, wraps and sweet potato fries. I tried a wrap yesterday that is so yummo and it's only 300 calories. And I can only eat 1/2 at a time. I had half last night for dinner and half for breakfast today and I was full until lunch. I bought a couple of them tonight after my walk and I'm planning on having half for breakfast and half for lunch and half for dinner for the next few days. I need easy food choices right now so that after work, I can concentrate on getting in some exercise and not cooking, and love the idea that I know the approx calorie count.

The work on ripping out my bushes has begun! What a mess! The house looks nekked Can't wait until they're done so I can start planting something.
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:37 AM   #93
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
kritter - what a find in Bryn and Dane's. Being rural we have the basics and not much more.
It is warm here but lots of storms or rather forecasts anyway. The worst are missing us. Got the baby chicks out on the patio in a couple of dog crates and then DH said we might need to bring them in since we had storms forecast. I just surrounded the crates with flowers in big pots and said they will have to ride it out. Both crates also have an old sheet over them all tucked under so they should be fine with their heat lamps.
My black and white barn cat has been missing for the past couple of days. DH looked up and down the highway to see if he had been run over but no. The problem is a ratty, flea infested, mangy looking thing has decided to replace him. I powdered it with Diatemaceous earth which sure can't hurt the thing. I have to physically put it out of the metal building every night and I don't even want to touch it.
Have breakfsast cooking for Sami so have to go flip her eggs.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 AM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha, my first DD was a bust. I was so hungry when I got home that I also scarfed down potato chips. I was probably still under 1000, but still.

I think my next DD I will need to have a snack around 3 to keep from being so hungry when I get home from work.

Adi, how did the baby chicks make out?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:30 AM   #95
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I had 23 hatch out. The two last ones are iffy. One has a bad leg but seems to be getting stronger and the last one seems to still be rolled up but walking around. his neck is curved over. I do PT with him and he can straighten his neck but can't hold it straight yet so shall see.
One of my hens hatched out 3 and I let her keep them. My mistake. She had them over by the dog's yard and of course they were running back and forth until Duke had one for a snack. I could not do a thing to stop him. I grabbed the remiaining two and shoved stupid hen across the yard into the henhouse and gave her the two back.
I sometimes drink a cup of broth before I go home so I am not hungry when I get home and want to grab the first thing I see.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Dak, how is the baby chick doing? I have so much to do today. I want to try packing up some winter things, need to do laundry and would like to try to get in a bike ride.

I made up a big batch of whole grain pasta with shrimp, kale, spinach, artichokes, garlic and olive oil. I had some whole grain pasta for lunch on Friday and I felt great after eating it, lots of energy etc so I figured I'd try having some again. I also had the wraps last week which seemed I seemed to do well with.

So I'm going to try fasting again this week with Bryn and Dane's wraps.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #97
Big Yapper!!!!

One baby chick that was hunch backed is now normal but the chick with tha bad leg is sinking. I have blue eggs ordered since I wanted blue to go with my green and my Ameraucana rooster was the one killed by the dog with his hog. Also ordered some Swedish Flower eggs since I thought they were so pretty and come in all kinds of colors hence the flower name. They have only been in the US for about 3 years.

I am trying 4:3 and today is my second UD in a row. Strange but I have not been hungry. I ate breakfast and did not eat lunch until 3pm and that was a baked sweet potato and then had some yogurt and not the whole quart either. We shall see how bad the scale treats me in the morning.

Just back from picking up piglets since we don't want to run out of pork chops next fall. I have a pitutre of them on my whiteoakbenddairygoats blog.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:44 PM   #98
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

The piglets are adorable! Did your barn cat ever show up?

I'm trying the 5/2 approach this week. Monday and Wednesday will be fast days. The menu for those days is going to be 1 B&Ds wrap, miso soup plus tea and coffee. The cream and almond milk in my tea and coffee add the rest of the calories.

So I was really bloated today and thought the wheat finally caught up with me but then I realized I hadn't taken my digestive enzyme pills so maybe that was the problem.

I'm going to try logging everything I eat and would like to try to eat pretty much the same thing all week to see if I can find what foods cause problems. The problem is sticking to it...

I made the best roasted chickpeas I've ever made. I think it's my new oven because they were never that crispy in the old oven. They came out nice and crispy. Almost tasted like deep fried.
Old 04-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Kasper the barn cat seems to have disappeared. DH has looked all over for him and he did not get run over we know that much. Unless he roamed over to the shop and went home with one of those folks I have no idea what could have happened to him.
Good luck with 5:2. Hope it works for you.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My down day is going good. I should be at around 600 c for the day. I made DH some buttered toast for his dinner and it smelled so good. I kept telling myself I can have toast tomorrow if I want. Hopefully I'll have forgotten about it by then.

I started keeping a food diary. Hopefully I'll remember to keep up with it. I'm hoping to see if I can find out what causes my belly to itch. How strange is that?

Have you guys seen the news about the bombings in Boston? So sad and scary.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #101
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - Boston is awful. I don't even know why that would be done.

I itched like crazy last week after drinking some flavored coffee Chocolate Covered Easter Egg. Sure was good but boy I scratched forever.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry I've been missing here, taxes have been looming over me like a black cloud. I think I have a mental disorder related to postponing them till the absolute last minute. At least they're in the mail and finished now.

Way to go, Kritter, congrats on your DD!!! It really is a mental game with ourselves, watching that little voice that creeps in and and says, I'm hungry, you could have a piece of pecan pie, just go downstairs and buy one! (evil laugh) Yes, the "you can have that tomorrow" works pretty well.

I finally connected with the local guy that sells eggs, they're so pretty! And not perfect in shape, they're all a little different. And the yolks are huge, I've been hardboiling them, nice to have them around for snacks.

Hope your kitty shows up and that stray didn't do her in. We had a stray that really had it in for our cats, she meant business, I had to trap her, well, I left the trap out for her for a few days, then had to go down to LA. Of course, the moment I went off the trap worked, so DH had to deal with taking her to the no kill shelter. We later found out she made a great pet for someone. (probably without any other cats.)

So sad about Boston, tragic. Words fail.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:08 AM   #103
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - I waited until yesterday to do my taxes too. I procrastinate. also had to do a tax form for the county for my soap biz due the 15th. I walked in to deliver it and she had a stack about a foot tall of them. She took mine, stamped it in and added it to the stack. Made me feel a little better.
This stray is a female and is awful. She goes to the bathroom on the floor of the metal building so we have to find her every night when we close it up and every morning so we can put the nasty thing out. DH said we needed a litter box. Yeah right. He can take that thing to the animal shelter first.
I agree about Boston.
I lost 3.8 pounds overnight. Can we say dandelion and burdock tea is an excellent diuretic? My right leg was really swollen last night and I don't know why other than that is the foot that has screws in it. Looks good this morning though.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #104
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Haha, if it was up to me, I'd wait till the last minute too to do it. I hate doing things like that. Good thing DH does them and he's usually pretty good at getting them done early, especially if we get money back.

Tomorrow's my next DD and I already have my wraps ready to go. I do love having this convenience food that's healthy. Makes DDs no-brainers.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #105
Big Yapper!!!!

I like no brainer DD's too. I am tired. I finally finished my chores. Off to bed.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I wish my DH would do our taxes, you are very lucky, Kritter.

The wind has been fierce for the last couple of weeks. I don't remember winds like this since we moved here. Cold too, the last couple nights it's gotten down to 39.

Had a great DD yesterday, down my usual 2 pounds from yesterday. I'm not hungry at all this morning, but should eat something before work.
Old 04-17-2013, 04:01 PM   #107
Big Yapper!!!!

The wind is awful here today and the Area track meet is being held. I can't see how anyone can pole vault in that wind. I had to lean forward to walk to the building or I wasn't making progress. Have no idea why it is blowing so hard.
Had a great DD and was 137.8 this morning. Not sure if I mentioned that I am trying 4:3. DD - M,W,F
UD TU, TH, Sat, Sun
Did that last week and this week and I haven't gained so hoping I can cut out at least one DD per week. It was nice to have UD's on both Sat and Sun. And I had Bluebell Ice Cream on Saturday. Congrats on the 2 pounds. I bounce up and down then all of sudden drop. JUDDD is so much fun. Never know what is going to happen.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adi, I just heard about the fertilizer explosion near Waco, that's not anywhere around you is it? I heard 80 homes were flattened.

What is going on in this world?
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 AM   #109
Big Yapper!!!!

It is about 100 miles from us. Fertilizer is so unstable but I do not even know if it has been considered an accident yet. Terrible and West is just a little town on I35 with a super kolache bakery. I didn't even know they had a fertilizer plant. I guess I thought those structures were a feed mill since they make a goat feed in West that a lot of goat raisers use.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:39 AM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Those poor people. There's a video of a guy in a car filming the fire (maybe a 1/2 mile away). Suddenly it changes from fire to explosion, then you hear a child's voice begging dad to leave, that they can't hear.

I suspect a lot of people didn't know it was a fertilizer plant.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

West is a very small town of less than 3000 people and that plant has been there forever. I seem to remember a school really close to it too. Thank goodness it was after school hours if there was. Kind of like the area built up around the plant.
It is now raining, chilly and windy here and that storm passed through West much earlier. Not a good day for anything.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:59 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

This is the nicest it's been here for a while, no more wind and cold in the forecast. Hope I'm home early today, I want to plant basil seed.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #113
Big Yapper!!!!

We have the opposite. Rain, wind, cold. I am making soup for dinner and I have been starving all day. Not a good day for me.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:24 PM   #114
Big Yapper!!!!

Made two batches of soap and both separated and I used high dollar patchouli essential oil. Of course.
And DS starts Ranger School again tomorrow. He has not responded to us and we have not heard from him in over a month so just hope he survives past the first day this time.
Put my first batch of chickies out in the outside pen yesterday with a heat lamp and they survived so that is good. Tried to keep my calories down today and did not succeed too well but not too bad either. Worried about DD I guess. I wish I had not joined the parent support group cause ignorance is bliss would have been better than knowing a lot of the stuff they have to endure.
Off to milk and feed.
Old 04-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

What a day! Awful about your soaps. The support group should probably tell people that before they join, knowing what's going on could really add to the stress level.

Trying to get my peppers in the ground today & would really like to finish my drip system. Got up late this morning, trying to sleep off the cough I got from DH.
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #116
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good luck to your DS aid! So sorry about your soap. I hope it wasn't a lot of money.

Dak, I am lucky. There is usually a lot of cursing involved when he does the taxes but he gets it done

I booked our Paris trip today! So glad to finally have that done.

I'm back on Bernstein's plan lol. I don't know why I stopped it. My fasting BS was pretty high this morning. Problem is I have to reconcile my love of animals with the fact that I need to eat meat to be healthy.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 AM   #117
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I rebatched the soap so I hope it works this time but rebatched soap is hot processed and is great soap but rustic looking. You basically put it in a stock pot and cook it (melt it) down and add whatever you think will make it work and glop it in the mold.
Congrats on the Paris. We might go through Paris, Texas this summer on our way North. That is as close as I will ever get.
I tried 4:3 for two weekends and I am now up to 142.8. Two weekends with two UD's in a row did not work for me so I guess I will just have to do EOD for the rest of my life. Now I have five pounds to lose. Again.
DH and I castrated the piggies yesterday. Strong little piggies and I had to hold them down. Anyway that is done and they will be fine. They are enjoying their milk.
Did milk test yesterday which means it takes me 1 and a half hours to milk since I have to stop and empty the machine and weigh after each goat. But it is done for the month. And all but two of them are milking up a storm. My smallest little LaMancha weighed in at 90 pounds (which is small) and milked 7.6 pounds just shy of 8 pounds which is a gallon.

Last edited by adillenal; 04-22-2013 at 04:13 AM..
Old 04-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Paris is going to be fantastic, such good healthy food there, which you really don't have to worry about because you walk just about everywhere. So happy for you! Closest I'm getting to Paris will probably be walking near a plaster of Paris aisle.

Adi, what if you tried a mid day on your weekends, maybe under 1200 calories.... Or just having one regular meal that day?

I'm finding since the weather has warmed up, it's been much easier to keep to my DDs. I'm also doing much better with drinking water. I want to be at goal by the end of next month. I had let my weight creep up to 159, I think I will look much better at 149. Made to 156 so far now.
Old 04-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #119
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Kritter, do you remember the experiments they did on plants back in the 70's? They hooked plants up to a lie detector machine and monitored their reactions to stressful situations, (lawn mowing, intention of burning leaves) they found plants reacted! But what seemed to reconcile them to their fate was a feeling of thankfulness to them. There are a few youtubes on the Baxter affect. A few friends & I been practicing gratitude while we cook, we all agreed it makes food taste better.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #120
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW, JUDDD
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi All Sorry been MIA again. I have started so many activities in a quest find what I want to do, who I am now that the kids are all in school that I have overwhelmed myself!

But, today's thing was cancelled so I am reading up on all of you and paying bills.

My son's soccer coach is going to build me a planter for my vegetable garden. I am VERY excited. Unfortunately he said he'd have it Wed and now has pushed to Sat....

Adi-was so worried when I heard of the explosion in Texas, so relieved you are okay! Praying for DS and your lost kitty!

Kritter- ooo that restaurant sounds awesome, terrific find! Are you doing JUDDD again?

I am still on ww. It's ok. Slow and I'm hungry a lot. I am down 10 lbs or so...

Hi Dak! Glad to hear your garden is coming along and your weather is nice now Interesting about the plants reacting to stress! I too am a lucky girl as DH does our taxes.... Thank goodness I think I would go mad doing them!