Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW, JUDDD
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi Everyone! Sorry I have been MIA. I am down 6.8 lbs! woo hoo!

Krit- so happy to hear DH is a-ok.

adi-haha I will have to remember no cookies and ice cream...

Glad youre feeling better dak!

ooo homemade microwaveable potato chips sound divine
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #32
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
lilmiss - congrats on your weight loss. WW seems to agree with you. Go girl.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:13 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Dakini
Nice loss, Lil Miss! WW seems to be a good fit.

Hope your goats have their kids soon, Adi. Inducing goats sounds tricky.

Got some good gardening in yesterday, got 1/2 my berries done, and all my raised are done.
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:51 PM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: krittermom
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: January 9th, 2012
Congrats lil miss!
krittermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - DH plowed the garden today with the tractor. He is going to visit his brother for a couple of days and will plow it again when he gets home so we should be able to plant soon. He is also going to get a concealed handgun license so it took me half a day to entire everything he needed on the three different sites. I told him it was like an IQ test to get through all of that. Complicated to say the least. Has to take a class, but has to pass a shooting test FIRST. Isn't that backwards? Had to apply to the state and sign up to get fingerprinted which we have already had to do in order to teach but has to do it again since they just want more money I guess. There is no option to choose to say you already have been fingerprinted electronically.
I have had a great day although I am still waiting on babies. Drew blood on four for pregnancy tests since I can't tell if they are bred or not. We shall find out by Friday. mailed the blood off to Utah.
I had such a good UD yesterday I am going to try to repeat my menu tomorrow and just see, Hope the wind does not blow tomorrow too.
181.0/168.0/145 07/25/11 The Rice Diet
181.4/179.0/145 Atkins 72 10/31/11
180/148/139 JUDDD 01/08/12
Old 03-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That's great you all have a tractor to do that plowing for you! Our space is too small to justify a tractor, but there have been times it would have been nice.

I'm trying to have a regular schedule, Tues, Thurs, Sat DD's, with Monday as MD, where I just eat dinner. I've found Friday & Sunday nights to be more social times, I want to keep those open regularly. Hope this works.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:35 AM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - The tractor is what DH bought himself with his inheritance money several years ago. It has a front end loader on it and is so useful with that thing on it. He was whining becasue it had a leak of some kind (hydraulic or diesel) so I asked him why he didn't just put a bucket under the drip and then pour it back in. He kind of stared at me and then went and put a bucket under it. Men. But boy can he plow up a large garden fast. He plows North South and then a few days later will plow East West until it is ready to plant. So nice and easy. We have the tiller which hasn't been used in forever. Not even sure if it works.
I have new babies this morning and finished up around midnight and I am exhausted this morning and it is a DD. Dragging along here. New baby girl is in the laundry room and has been fed but I haven't gotten outside yet. Left her brother with the dam and had to thaw some colostrum since Bandi seemed to have very little milk and tiny teats. Milk machine for sure.
I am 137.8 this morning after an UD that was at least 2000 calories. BUT the extra calories were from fullfat yogurt. A whole quart. I am beginnning to think that calories count as well as what kind of calories. If I had added cookies I would have been up on the scale. I am happy with my progress. Gotta love those potato DD's. Around 800 calories so no hunger really. I am eating a small cold boiled potato everytime I think I am getting hungry and keep on going. Really doable and potatoes are so easy to boil ahead and take to work or keep in a cooler at a craft show.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

I am celebrating!!! I have twin doelings since yesterday and I have been in the 130's for the past four days. Happy days are here again.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:15 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congratulations, you got more girls! And you're in the 130's. Tell me about your DD potato days. Is that when you'll do baked potatoes with salsa? A potato DD sounds so filling.

Celebrated DH's b-day again, this time a dinner out with some friends, of course, my DD, was doing fine till dinner. We don't socialize all that much, so tomorrow will be my DD instead.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Dak - my current potato DD's are coffee with HWC for breakfast and cold boiled potatoes with salt the rest of the day. That's all but I can eat 800 calories and I am not hungry which is great.
I eat baked potatoes with lowfat cottage cheese and salsa for at least one meal on UD's and I am doing pretty well on the maintenance part. I was trying to find a veggie in the freezer to eat with my pork chop last night and finally just decided to eat a couple of the potatoes I had put in the roaster with the meat. Sad I know.
I am so tired. DST is lkilling me plus I am so glad it is Spring Break or I would have never been able to get all of the chores done each day with the goats and that is all I have accomplished so far.
Old 03-15-2013, 08:41 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I've got to try a potato DD, great idea.

I agree, I was doing much better without DST, we always end up eating so late in the summer. Are you milking too every day? Is that a year round activity? Hope you don't mind all my questions.

So glad it's Friday.

Kritter, have you've gotten your gym yet? Hope your DH is recovering well.

Waves to Lil Miss, how goes WW?
Old 03-15-2013, 03:18 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

My does are freshening as we speak so I am now up to milking 9. I have started on milk test and I will have to milk a LONG time this year so they can earn their milking stars. 305 is the "normal" lactation but I can dry them off an ytime they qualify with their milk production. I am not looking at top producer awards.
We went to buy feed and I stocked up on potatoes at the BIG grocery store across from the feed store. Potatoes were on sale. $1.97 for a 10# bag of russets and golds were 5# for $2.98. I bought 2 bags of each. I am going to turn into a potato. Dh said the potatoes were making him fat and I told him to look at me and repeat that.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:59 AM   #43
Big Yapper!!!!

I went wild on microwave potato chips last night and I figured my DD at 1200 with HWC and ketchup but I am 138.6 this morning so well under my 140 cap. I am going to rein in the DD potato calories though. As long as I stick to cold boiled I don't want anything else. I am thinking ketchup is not helping. But I know it will work even with higher calories so that is good to know. For maintaining that is.
Beautiful day. SUnny and willl be 80. Hope to get some rows planted in the garden.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:46 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies!

Been so busy this week and we had an unexpected overnight guest last night who came into town for a funeral. Thank goodness the cleaning lady came on Thursday otherwise I would have been in such a panic trying to get everything cleaned. All I had to do was change the sheets on the guest bed and pick up some things at the store for breakfast. He left already so I have the day to myself. I'm going to unpack the Total Gym and do some exercises, do laundry and try to finish my book club book because book club is tomorrow. It's an Irish themed book so I'm making a dish called colcannon that's nothing more than mashed potatoes and cabbage mixed together. LOL, how easy is that?

We're getting a snow/rain mix today. It's pretty warm out so it should melt away fast.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

I need a cleaning lady with a shovel. I have accomplished nothing. I was so tired today I took a long nap this afternoon. By the time I finish morning chores, have lunch it seems like it is time to start evening shores.
kritter - mashed potatoes and cabbage sounds good to me. Hope you enjoyed the book club. Instead of snow we have WIND. Warm but high winds. I am about blown away.
Made chili tonight and had a cup over a small baked potato with cheese and sour cream. As much pepper I put into it I would have thought it would be hot but it wasn't so I added some more. Maybe after a night in the frig it will meld.
I have my incubator set up since the ehsn are doing so well setting and I will fill it with eggs tomorrow and they will hatch April 6 which is a Saturday. Going to put all of the green eggs I can find and all of the beautiful cream ones. Have no idea what I will get since I have several roosters. But hens are hens as far as egg laying goes.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:51 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Greetings ladies!

My hard drive crashed last night. I was so frustrated, I went and bought a new MacBook Air. It's got a 13" screen and is so light I can hold it in one hand. I'm going to like being able to travel with this because it's so light, I won't mind carrying it around the airport. I have no idea if this will hold up any better, but I love having a MAC store a few miles away that I can take it to if it does break.

Adi, I can't wait to see the chicks when they're born. Are all chicks the same color when they're born, regardless of breed?

Mmm, I have cabbage frying and am getting ready to saute the green onions. I guess I better get started peeling the potatoes. What fun!
Old 03-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just saw a deer poo in the yard. I never see deer though. They must come by in the middle of the night. I wonder if they cleaned out my bird feeders. This is probably a tough time for all animals, particularly vegetarians. Waiting for spring and their food supplies to start growing.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - chicks can be yellow or more orange or black or black and yellow. At least these are the only colors I have ever hatched. These are going to be mixed since I have several different roosters. Thinking about locking all of the roos up except the Buff Orphington for my next batch of eggs in the incubator. They are my best layers. And I really like them personality wise. The incubator is humming along since I have it on the table where my computer is. I can keep an eye on the temp and humidity.
Got the little boy bunk beds out of my sewing room and DH is dropping them off in town. I am putting book shelves in my sewing room ao I can put all of my supplies in containers on the shelves. Labeled and easy to find. plus I willl now have room for a table to work on and cut out stuff. Things are looking up.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:17 PM   #49
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi my friends! I dont know what is going on with my LCF but I am not getting notifications! grrrr

I have to go back and read all your posts!

ww week 1 - 0
ww week 2 6.8 lbs
ww week 3 up 1.2
ww 4 ? Thursday is weigh in but I havent been great this week

Been stressed. Dad having tests. Now I have to have tests and my sisters for this genetic blood disorder stuff. sigh.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

WOW adi, very impressive! You are the whole package! AND maybe it IS the sugar in the ketchup that make you want more? Just a thought.

Hi dak! Have you ever had ANY luck growing cilantro? I ADORE cilantro but it dies every year, too hot here? Hoping to grow tomatoes and jalapenos, basil and cilantro this year

krit-new computer sounds awesome! There is nothing more frustrating than computer stuff for me. I am all thumbs...
Old 03-18-2013, 07:05 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

lil miss, I think I missed something because I didn't hear about this blood disorder. Is it something they suspect your dad has?

I had good news yesterday. We want a bunch of shrubs and ivy removed from the front of the house, plus we need a dead tree removed. I thought this was going to all cost at least 5k but we found out it would only be around 2k! it's still a lot of money but it is going to be a huge job. The shrubs alone are about 10 feet deep and about 30 feet wide. I'm sad about the dead tree though because it's outside of our dining room window and it provides shade and privacy in the summer. We're going to plant a dogwood in it's place. I've always wanted a dogwood.

The great thing about getting the bushes removed is that I'll have a huge garden area out front that gets a lot of sun and the hose is right there, so I'm thinking of doing an herb garden.

I made a delish shrimp scampi dish tonight. I better go to bed otherwise I'm going to eat the whole batch of it.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:42 AM   #52
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - I think getting rid of those overgrown shrubs will be a great thing. Nothing dates a yard like a forest of shrubs that are not supposed to be the size of trees.
I am 136.2 this morning after a very low DD. I had a lawyer type meeting so I had breakfast and then the meeting started at noon and I did not eat before and after I was not hungry so I had broth for dinner and reached a new low this morning. Now to keep it.
Off to start my day.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello All!

Lil Miss, I've found the grow cycle for cilantro is that when I want to have it, during the hot summer months to go in salsa, it basically wants to go to seed. I could grow it now, but I don't have any tomatoes. So I've given up on cilantro. I can get a big bunch for $1 at the Farmers Markets so I usually just do that.

Kritter, great news on the low estimate! Should be fun planning out what to put there next. A dogwood sounds really nice. They're so beautiful in bloom.

Adi, you're getting skinnier & skinnier! I tried a few potato DD's this week, very easy to just eat potatoes. Potatoes are so cheap, even organic potatoes at TJ's were only a couple of dollars.

I've been doing the same, working & gardening. My California poppies have begun to bloom and my berries are beginning to leaf out. Going to put the rest of my tomatoes in the ground this weekend and hopefully start to fertilize the fruit trees.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:41 AM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Windy and chilly today and I have a new baby goat born this morning so all is good.
137.8 after an UD so that is good too. DD today so far I have had only liquids.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yesterday I went "down the shore" with my SIL bird watching. We had such a great time. We walked on the beach, saw an osprey, bought fudge, went to a shop that allows you to taste all different flavored olive oils, balsamic vinegars, dips and spreads. Then we went to a hotel and drank wine while sitting on the porch overlooking the ocean. The only bad part is I didn't get home until after midnight and was beyond exhausted. Next time we do that we'll stay overnight.

I've been hankering for lobster so today I finally got around to making lobster/king crab leg salad.

Dak, can you freeze cilantro? I really don't like cilantro, except in salsa.

adi, is the new goat a girl?

HI lil miss? Hope all is well.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - ocean walking and bird watching sounds like something I would love to do. Love the ocean. And yesterday and today's new babies are girls. I have had a doe year and have little girl goats running everywhere. Last one to kid until MAY 5. I have a break. YEA!!!
I roasted a rooster with potatoes and onions and it smelled so goood until it was time to eat. I just could not put it on my plate so I had a baked potato with cottage cheese and salsa. DH had rooster and it was tender since I cooked it all night and it just fell of the bones.
Had yogurt for dinner and I am off to milk.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:19 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Ugh, snowing here. We're only supposed to get a few inches but it's supposed to be spring darn it!

OMG my lobster/king crab salad turned out so good! I eat a lot of lettuce with it and didn't even need to add dressing. The lobster and crab have so much flavor on their own. I just added a little mayo.

Adi, how long did you cook the rooster?

Yay, our local team Lasalle is going to Sweet Sixteen in the NCAA tournament. So many of my family and friends are alumni and my one niece is a cheerleader for them! She's having so much fun getting to actually travel with the team. Next stop LA!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - Glad you liked the crab salad. You can keep the snow though.
The rooster cooked for at least 18 hours. I was determined it would be tender. And it is. I was going to grind it up for rooster salad if it was a little tough but looks like DH is going to eat the whole thing.
It is cold and windy here today too. It was so cold this morning that my milk machine would not pulse until I stuck a heat lamp about 6 inches from the top of it. I was about to panic. I could never hand milk 11 goats. maybe two of them with the big teats but not those tiny first fresheners things about as big as my pinkie and an inch long.
It was so windy yesterday, I started stapling empty feed sacks around my milk room while I was waiting on my goat to kid to block out the drafts. It worked too. It is really warm in there now with the two heat lamps. I want to be warm I cannot stand the cold. I am sure DH thought I was crazy but hey, it worked.
I was 140 this morning. Ate too much yesterday and ended the day with microwave potato chips with lots of salt and ketchup. Bad me. But it will go away in a few days.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:30 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Did I tell you guys I'm on a sardine kick? I've wanted to like these because they're so good for you but when I tried them before, I got the kind with skin and bones and just couldn't bring myself to eat them, lol. So I picked up the skinless, boneless kind the other day and tried them and they're not bad. I've been eating a can each day in my salad for the last few days and I'm feeling good. They're so high in Omega 3s and low in mercury and other toxins.

And another good thing, yesterday my pants were a little baggy on me.

Hope I can remain strong today. I'm surrounded by fudge and salt water taffy
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

kritter - Sardines are tolerable for me but not one of favorite things. My Dad worked away from home during the week for the railroad and he took his lunches with him for the week and included things like Vienna sausages, crackers and cans of sardines. he ate a light lunch since he was out doing railway maintenance. I could have learned from that. A little can of grapefruit juice and a tin of sardines and crackers would be a normal lunch for him.
Back away from the fudge and taffy. It is an UD for me so I could have some.
I am back down to 136.8 so yesterday's 140 must have been water.
Off to take care of my animals.
Hope Dak and Lilmiss have a great day.