Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 3 - March 2013

Spring this month!!

Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 04:05 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

What I was trying to say last night is I feel I am going backwards and can't understand it. I will measure next week and I feel like I haven't lost any inches at all - the one thing I have noticed is my arms are getting more toned. I'll keep that up for my sleeveless dress for DD's wedding - other than that? No changes? I am not sure what I am going to do!
Old 03-01-2013, 05:15 AM   #3
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Cindy, I am thinking that a lot of my "stall" is from hormones too. We're at that age. My weight is sitting in my stomach much more so that it ever did before. I feel like I am constantly having to camoflage my belly! (and it always used to be my butt )

I exercise pretty consistently. I would say I eat OP about 85% of the time. I eat fruit once a day, and grains about 3 times a week. I usually have one meal a week where I eat something not on plan (i.e. pizza or a fattier cut of meat like Prime Rib.) I have been eating more cheese than usual, so that is one place I can reduce or eliminate. Some of the time, I think I just eat too much! It's OP, but more food than I need. That is the one good thing about WW, it makes you far more conscious of your portion size...

2014 Running Miles: 276
2014 Walking Miles: 278
2014 Biking Miles: 441
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #4
Queen Bargain Shopper

Wiz - I am experiencing the same way.
I literally have been tweaking my wardrobe because of my tummy!!! What the heck?
I ALWAYS had a flat stomach - then my hysterectomy didn't help and now it's gotten worse over the last couple of years!

I am on the treadmill 3 times a week, weights, 3x. My diet is for the most part SB. Nothing hugely out of the ordinary. It is SO frustrating!

Hope you enjoy the play!
Old 03-03-2013, 03:52 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Neesie 2x
Stats: 186/177.5/145
Start Date: January 2, 2007
Hi girls!
Doing okay - finally seeing a few pounds come off -just a few - but it's about time - will take what I can get at this point.

Cindy and Wiz - it is DEFINITELY harder to lose weight since menopause - please now that I work at home there's no gym and it's winter and any other excuse I can come up with LOL. I'm finding even with very low carbs serving size is very much an issue which it wasn't a few years ago, - hate that!

Wanted to let you all know I've tried a few of the new Atkins frozen dinners and they are VERY good!! I especially like the chicken alfredo - only 9 total carbs - very tasty and enough food to fill you up - so yummy!

Planning on getting the house back on the market soon - hoping by April first - as long as we don't get more snow. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Other than that - not much else is new - hope all is well with everyone - will check back again soon!!
Neesie 2x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi ladies!

Add me to the "weight in the stomach" crowd (glad I'm not the only one!). I hit menopause a few years ago, and since then, I have muffin-top fat that I NEVER had before, not even at my heaviest. It sucks, big time.

I have decided to give up on the WW points for portion control, because I find myself eating things that I normally wouldn't, like way too much bread, just because I can count points for it. That leads to a lot of cravings for off-plan stuff, and throwing the points out the window, and I have once again put on 3 or 4 pounds of the 6 or so I had taken off this year. I feel like I've been totally out of control. ENOUGH, I say! As of this morning, I am back on SB 100%. I am going to do P1 for two weeks and then move on. It worked for me before, and I know it will work again if I stick to it.

I have just had a good breakfast of scrambled eggs with green onions and a LC light cheese wedge, with my usual decaf, and am now going to venture out in the cold and damp (at least not sub-freezing like last week) to take Gin for a long walk. We also have a new DVD player (the old one hadn't worked right for a while), so I should hopefully be able to start doing my walking videos again.

Very empathetic to everyone who is struggling right now!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:43 AM   #7
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hi Gang!

Good to see Neesie and Luisa checking in - wish you ladies would more often.

Luisa - I am thinking I need to do the same thing as you - I am pretty much doing SB but having things that aren't SB as well.....very little, but all the same - it counts.

I am even tweaking my wardrobe a bit to camouflage my tummy - my Mammogram lady said my tummy is flat - where was she looking? Plus, I had clothes on!!

Off to work and more snow this week - but temps are supposed to climb into the upper thirties by the weekend - I will take it!!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 03-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #8
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Just finished up a great 5-mile run! It was cold and breezy, but at least the sun was out.

I'm off to Tampa tomorrow and of course, FL is going through a cold snap. Regardless it will definitely be warmer than NJ - should be in the high 60s. I'll take it.

And I did weigh in today and there were no surprises. I pretty much know from the way my body feels what the scale will say. Let's put it this way, I have a lot of work to do before bathing suit season.

Neesie, Luisa: So good to hear from you both!

Cindy: the play was very entertaining and of course, our niece was super.

I'm making turkey spinach meatballs with home-made marinara sauce tonight. Joe will have his on a WW roll, me no roll. And it will give him some leftovers for when I am gone (so he doesn't eat pizza every night )

Later!
Old 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/186/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
Well my weight is outta control, weekend consisted of majorly bad eating I was up to 175 this morning, ugh!! Time to reign it back in, I dont want to un-do all my hard work!!

I went shopping yesterday and made OP food for the week, so hopefully I can get back down to where I was.

Neesie and Luisa- Good to see you guys!!

I have another 3 day weekend coming up, Monday is lil mans 6th bday, so I took the day off work to spend with him His party isnt until the following weekend though. Lots of stuff going on for me in March and I am super busy in April too, I just hope I can keep this eating under control Why does this have to be so hard lol.

Anyway, looks like we are all struggling a bit and I am not even in menopause, it happens to all of us!! Keep your heads up gals, we can do this.

Posting my menu today for accountablity:

b- cheesecake fluff
s- apple with pb
l- steamed cabbage and kielbasa
s- cottage cheese
d- Not sure yet, eating at a friends house, hopefully something OP

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:00 AM   #10
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It was a quiet week here...hope all is well.

I have to tell you all that I am thrilled to be home for over a week! I planned out all our weeknight dinners, which I haven't been able to do in over a month. Tonight's dinner is a one-pot meal, which is my own concoction and what I am calling Mexican Crab Chowder.

FYI. We are going to Mexico on vacation exactly 5 weeks from today. I cannot even imagine putting on a bathing suit! UGH!! So, let's see how well I can do this week and go from there.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies!

I managed to stay on P1 for the whole week (well, with a few hiccups - I forgot that turnips and winter squash aren't allowed on P1 ), and the results were far better than I had hoped for: I am down 5.28 lbs. since last Monday! This is despite the veggie slip-ups and a mega overdose on mixed nuts over the weekend (lesson learned: I cannot have those in the house!). I am now back down to where I was when I went off track a month ago, and then some (7.26 lbs. down for the year). I still have 30 lbs. to go to get to my goal, of course, but I am starting to feel like I'm back in control again and don't feel so bloated.

Wiz - enjoy your week at home!

Kelly - you can do this! Hope things are going better for you.

Cindy - how's it going?

Tina - where are you? Hope everything's ok.

I have a big pan of veggies (eggplant, zucchini, onion, tomato and plenty of garlic) roasting right now, and just made half a dozen hard-boiled eggs, so I think I'm ready for the week ahead. On to week 2!

Hope we all have a great week!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #12
Queen Bargain Shopper

Ok, ladies - here I go with a confession: I am not budging. I think I really want to go back to P1 for the two weeks, starting today - although I just bought some good apples. I am thinking that since I haven't been for a while, I might definitely see some results.

Luisa - your post inspired me!!! Your comment about bloat pushed me over the edge - that is where I am!

Wiz - glad you get to stay home for a week!! That has to be a great feeling!

My parents were supposed to come this upcoming weekend, but both are under the weather so postponing......

College on spring break this week, so I can wear jeans ALL WEEK!!!! What a nice feeling to not have to at least decide on pants!

Let's have a good week!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #13
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Count me in on Phase 1! I am also going to be doing a strict week. I started off with a 5-mile run and plan to really stick to plan this week - no matter what. Tonight's dinner will be chicken breasts (on bone) roasted with red pepper, onions, garlic and balsamic vinegar. I haven't made this in a while, so looking forward to it.

Luisa, I was just saying that I need to do more roasted/grilled veggies that I can have already done for snacks, my omelets, etc.

Cindy, another beautiful thing about being home all week is that I get to sit around the house in jeans and hoodies!! Today's apparel is compliments of my niece who is at JMU in VA.

I feel good vibes for us all this week - let's do it!!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #14
Queen Bargain Shopper

Day one almost done - I need something sweet so going to have some sf jello left from DH's almost colonoscopy.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:27 AM   #15
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, while I am not a big tea drinker, I've been using Celestial's Apple Cinnamon herbal tea (caffeine free) in the evenings. Lots of flavor and seems to satisfy any cravings for something sweet. And of course, no calories!

Day 1 of Phase 1 went well for me too!
Old 03-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
Sign me up on the list of those struggling I weighed in this morning and have managed to gain 9 pds
I almost cried, but I know its because I have been totally eating off plan and not really caring what I was putting into my mouth. Plus with my mom living with me now and her friend, they eat totally off plan stuff and my mom is cooking all this amazing food, its way harder to say no when its right in front of your face and you can smell it! Plus they bring candy and other sweets into the house which is a real weakness for me. I have to get things under control, today is day 1. I have been totally on plan today which is much easier when I am at work, so now I just have to keep it that way when I go home.
I noticed my pants are getting snug and there is no way I am going back up in pants size!
I wanted to order another round of HCG but was going to do the pellets this time, but they are on back order for who knows how long. So not sure what I am going to do yet.
We can do this girls!!

Kelly
Old 03-13-2013, 04:38 AM   #17
Queen Bargain Shopper

Yesterday was good, but had some onion stack onions at dinner. Other than that totally P1. I really need to go back to the grocery store to stock up - I didn't decide to refocus until AFTER I went this past weekend.

I cannot think of anything for breakfast other than eggs......thoughts? I need something that is going to stick with me.

Wiz - tea hasn't done it for me - always been a "eating something satisfies more than drinking something" person. I tell DH that is why I don't drink alot of alcohol. I'd rather eat my calories than drink them! I think I will pull my teas back out and try again....I have some sf almond syrup that I was putting in them this past winter and it was quite satisfying, so am going to try that!!
Old 03-13-2013, 05:56 AM   #18
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, my problem with night-time snacking is that once I start, I cannot seem to stop! I have no will power at night.So I am really trying to figure out how to avoid touching a piece of food after dinner. At least this apple cinnamon tea has a flavor, I kind of feel like I am gettting something! And I've been chewing SF gum.

Another Phase 1 day in the book...Although I did have a few carrots on my salad at lunch. I am weighing in daily. It keeps me somewhat accountable. And I am exercising daily.

I am extremely excited to let you guys know we booked our first ever trip to Hawaii!! Kelly, I know you West Coast folks think nothing of going there, it's your Caribbean. But coming from the East, it's a haul. We're leaving Halloween night for LAX, spending 3 nights there with Joe's best friend going to the Breeder's Cup horse racing at Santa Anita and then heading to Wailea Beach on Maui for 7 nights, then Waikiki Beach on Oahu for 3 nights.

We haven't taken a 2 week vacation in years (probably decades!) Lots of planning to do, which is one of my favorite things to do.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:05 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

HI Girls,
I was so happy when I weighed in this morning, lost 3 pds of the 9 I had gained, so now only 6 pds over my siggy weight, looks like phase 1 is paying off

My mom made eggplant paramesian for dinner last night and I know this sounds weird, but it was my first time ever eating it!! Tasted just like lasagna to me, but of course no noodles, so was wayyy healthier. I brought left overs for lunch today. That is def something I would eat again.

Wiz- Hawaii is amazing and your right I have been there a bunch of times, but still love it In fact I will be buying my ticket for our trip in June prob in the next few weeks, I am checking out Kona this time, havent been to that island yet. You guys will love Maui, I prefer it over Oahu any day!!

Cindy- Other bfast ideas besides eggs, what about cheesecake fluff, I eat that often, its more like a parfait, I can post the receipe if you want, its amazing. Also there is steel cut oats, I know that isnt really phase 1 though. Turkey sausage? Pumpkin Bake? I usually make like a quiche with no crust, you can put spinach and cheese and other veggies in it, it keeps me full till lunch and is totally phase 1.

I have a friends bday party to attend tomorrow night, its at a club downtown, I shouldnt drink booze but prob will have a drink or two. But if I dance for a few hours, that should work it off lol.

Well I had better get back to work, I am hoping the scales are down a few more pounds tomorrow

Kelly
Old 03-14-2013, 04:28 AM   #20
Queen Bargain Shopper

Another good day here too ladies!
I have lost the bloat!
I know the beach is the ultimate best way for me to eat. That nurse coach wasn't much help - even my friend at work said she wondered what would happen when I followed "her" suggestions....... She was right!

Kelly - yep - I need to regroup - so please post the fluff. I have to organize this weekend. I have some fresh strawberries in the fridge and think I will freeze them - I can use them in smoothies later on. Glad you are in losing mode again!

Wiz - I have been having a cup of decaf after dinner with a couple protein balls....when I REALLY need something - they aren't TOTALLY P1, but they curb my sweet tooth. I won't do it every day. HOW FUN you are going to Hawaii!!! I don't think I have ever taken a two week vacation unless you count maternity leave 25 years ago!

Off to work.......it's been a long week!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:19 AM   #21
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Looks like we are getting our groove back!! I've lost 5 (!!) lbs since Monday morning. I know some of it was the weekend water weight, but hey, like Cindy said - the bloat is gone.

Now I'm working on the REAL weight I need to lose. The question for me is how to get through this weekend. We're invited to a St Pat's party and all the other weekend pitfalls are lurking as well.

On the Hawaii trip, I was able to use airline miles - so we are flying for free! And our Maui hotel will be paid for by points. This trip is still going to be expensive, but at least all that stinking work travel I have to do will cover a huge chunk of our costs.

Kelly, I can't get over how expensive everything seems to be in Hawaii. Yikes!

Let's all get though another successful day. WE CAN DO THIS!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:22 AM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Off to the throat doc this morning.

Back in losing mode here also! Thank goodness!

Have a great thursday beachers!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #23
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yea Tina!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 07:03 AM   #24
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Back from the doctor. Continue on meds for another month and a nasal spray for my excessively runny nose.

Today is DH and my 21 anniversary. That's older that we were when we got married. We are going to try red robin (yum) for lunch on Sunday! (yep we are old, lol)

Wiz - Hawaii sounds wonderful! Free flight and hotel! Awesome! But what a painful way to get it! lol

Cindy - How do you make the protein balls?

Anyone still make the sf fudgsicle with 2T of natural pb as a dessert?

Kelly - Never had eggplant parm, sounds good!

Luisa - 5 lbs is awesome!

Neesie -

back to work now!
Old 03-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Girls,
I was down another pd this morning, so just 5 pds above my siggy weight now, going to have another OP day today, with the exception of a few drinks this evening, but I am going to have vodka and club soda, so super low carbs.

Cindy here is the cheesecake fluff recipe:

boil 2/3 cup water- I usually do it in a glass bowl in the microwave
dissolve 1 small s/f box of jello into boiling water, any flavor you wish
put 1 block softened cream cheese in blender and also 1 cup ricotta cheese
pour dissolved jello over the top and blend until smooth
pour mixture into mixing bowl and fold in 2 cups Cool Whip, you can use the sugar free version.
Then I usually divide the mixture up into 5 small tuperware containers and then I sprinkle frozen mixed berries over the top, let sit overnight in fridge to set up and voila! You could also use fresh berries on top as well, but the frozen ones are better because when they thaw all the juices run into the fluff and makes it awesome!

Wiz- Yes everything in Hawaii is spendy, we want to do this boat tour of the volcano and its almost 200 bucks each and that dosent even include dinner or drinks or anything Apprarently its spendy because of insurance because its considered dangerous getting that close to a live volcano.

Tina- Glad to see you back and that your in losing mode again!! Woohoo. And Happy Anniversay I love Red Robin, they have a really good Chicken Ensenada Platter that is OP and its amazing!!

Time for me to get back to work, I have a hair appt in 1 hour, I colored it again the other night, Cherry Crush is the color, I love it, going to get it cut and straightened now, I will take pics Im gonna be all fixed up tonight since I am going dancing

Kelly
Old 03-15-2013, 04:00 AM   #26
Queen Bargain Shopper

FRIDAY!

Kelly - thanks for the recipe!
Tina - I forgot about that pb cup recipe with the fudgesicle!!

No real plans for the weekend- My parents were supposed to come but decided not to due to them both being sick - we postponed until after Easter. I am kind to hoping just some relaxing. Our weather is not supposed to be the best.....

I did get into the cheese popcorn yesterday....ugh - bought some for a meeting and then brought it home for DH - well I had a couple cups.....it could have been worse. I really have to plan meals for the weekend and the week ahead to stay on track.

Tina - we had been discussing healthy snacks at work that satisfy. My friend makes these protein balls - they are amazing, and truly a couple of them are enough - although you could overindulge on them. I will post the recipe, but basically it's natural pb, oats, agave nectar or honey, some flax and then you can tweak from there with chocolate chips, craisins, toffee.........literally, you put so little of those items in, that it's got to be negligible........you mix it all and then roll into balls. The recipe I have I rolled into about 25 balls.

Off to work....a couple of meetings today then although I was going to take this afternoon off, I am not, but have some comp time I may take an hour at the end of the day.....I could get grocery shopping done and avoid the crowds of the weekend!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:40 AM   #27
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

Drumroll please....holy cow, I lost 6 lbs this week!! I weighed myself 4 times this morning, because I was in disbelief.

So, I ate mostly Phase 1 (except for some carrots and I ate a cup of yogurt with the fruit already in it every day) and had NO snacks at night. Every night this week, I went to bed with my stomach growling. But hey, if I can keep losing weight - I can deal with that. And I exercised every day.

Obviously, I can't keep that up forever, but it was a really great start. Next week I am back on the road (Anaheim), but I will try to be as good as I can.

My goal was to lose 10 lbs before our Spring vacation (April 13), so I need to lose a lb a week for the next 4 weeks. Seems doable!

Cindy, I do anything to avoid the supermarket on the weekends. And what really cracks me up are the retirees in the store - if I had my pick of days, it wouldn't be Saturday afternoon with the rest of the world.

Kelly, I was looking at a tour that was about $135 a piece for the day (Road to Hana), but at least it included lunch! We could drive it ourselves, but the hairpin turns and cliffside roads would make my husband crazy. Better to have someone else worry about it...it will be worth the $$.

Tina, Happy Anniversary!! 21 years!! And by the way, you were a child bride....I thought we were young at 23.

Luisa, still on your losing ways?? By the way, I love that Luisa Fernanda avi!! Where did you find that?

Uh oh, no sign of Nessie all week...better check in girlfriend !!
Old 03-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #28
Queen Bargain Shopper

YAY Wiz!!!!
That is awesome!
I should weigh, but I am afraid to! I feel lighter - so maybe next week.

I did have a splurge last night - it was planned - a brownie for dessert. Oh, and a Miller 64. I had planned on it all week. I am going to try the one splurge day - not off the charts, but probably like a meal - I feel too deprived if I don't.

I still gotta find easy breakfast options. Eggs keep me full - two scrambled with a little rf cheese. I also HAVE eaten yogurt, but everything has the sugar in it and I can't eat plain. Love the fluff recipe Kelly, but right now don't have the ingredients. GRRRRR

Did I say Happy Anniversary Tina? You and DH are just pups!!! DH and I have about 12 years on you!!!

Did my shopping yesterday - small list, got in and out. Not sure what's on tap this weekend.....off to walk the treadmill for now!
Old 03-16-2013, 08:00 AM   #29
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cindy, I had a planned splurge last night too. We met our BiL and SIL for Happy Hour and a casual dinner. I had a really good salad with a ginger vinaigrette and cashews on top...and a small slice of pizza. It was great. I also had 2 glasses of chardonnay. I was up less than a half lb today, but hope to see that come off by tomorrow.

We're staying home tonight, weather is supposed to be crummy. It's been a long winter and no sign of Spring here in NJ.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:36 AM   #30
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi ladies!

It's good to see so many of us are getting back on track! I had a few off-plan moments this week (had some sherry and corn nuts on Thursday night and went out with a friend on Friday for a meal that involved a few french fries and a bit of bread, as well as wine and an after-dinner drink ), but even so, I am down 1.5 lbs. for the week. That's 8.8 for the year now, and I'm really pleased about that. I do have a very off-plan meal on schedule for today; I had some chicken wings in the freezer that have to be used, so that's what I will be having. Not that it's a hardship, because I love them, but they're not what I should be eating on SB.

Wiz - great job on the 6 lbs.! You should easily make your goal before your spring vacation. Oh, and Hawaii? one of the places on my bucket list. The Luisa Fernanda avi was easy to find; apart from the name of the street where I used to live many years ago, Luisa Fernanda is a famous Spanish light opera (zarzuela). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luisa_Fernanda_(zarzuela)

Cindy - I'm glad you're feeling better and not so bloated, too. I was really afraid to weigh myself this morning, but most of what I dropped this week came between today and yesterday. My go-to sweet dish is ff plain yogurt with a bit of sweetener and some extract, like cherry, almond or vanilla.

Tina - Hope you are on the mend soon!

Kelly - great job on the scale going back down.

Gotta go, Top Chef is about to start and I don't want to miss it! I just had a snack, so hopefully I won't be drooling as I watch it!