Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 06:40 AM   #31
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
How's everyone doing this weekend?

Luisa - I love the greek yogurt - but not the plain - even with sweetener and extract. I love the Oikos, and the Yoplait 100 Calorie Greek......I wish they would make that sugar free or something. Maybe if I found an extract flavor I really liked!

I made a lc taco casserole for dinner last night - it did have corn in it and some fritoes but I am ok with it. It's so good! I will post the recipe - and Tina - I will post the protein balls too - they aren't P1 because they have oats in it, natural sweetener (either agave or honey) and also chocolate chips, but compared to what we could be eating AND if you watch your portions (I allow myself 2), I don't think they are bad.

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 04:27 AM   #32
Queen Bargain Shopper

So - how did we do this weekend?
I ate P2 and that was my plan - a couple splurges Friday and last night, so back to P1 today. Gonna see how this works for a while.

Busy week ahead, so here we go................
Old 03-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #33
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: wiz
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 1/2/2008
Good morning!

Sounds like you held your own this weekend, Cindy!

It was a very good eating weekend for me too! A few minor indulgences and cocktails, but after all was said and done....I was up less than a lb. I wish I could have stayed the same, but this is okay. Especially after drinking beer on St Patrick's day and eating salty corned beef. I avoided all the Mac and cheese, soda bread, desserts, etc. at the party we went to.

I have a Phase 1 day planned and hope to wake up tomorrow back where I was on Friday.

FYI. I just realized that a post I thought I put in here yesterday morning never appeared. That's weird! I wished you all a Happy St Patrick's Day.

In any case, I am off to Anaheim and LAX this week. So I may not check in until Friday, depends on how much free time I can squeeze in.

Have a good week Beachers!!

2014 Running Miles: 244
2014 Walking Miles: 258
2014 Biking Miles: 380
wiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:40 AM   #34
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: tinatina
Stats: 223/187/130 5ft3.5in
Start Date: 2007
Morning Beachers!

Congrats to all you losers! Sounds like everyone is doing awesome!

Leaving work today to get some bloodwork done. How stupid is it that an urgent care CLOSES before even most businesses close for the day. UGH. (I have to get the bloodwork done at the urgent care place for insurnace purposes)

Keep on keeping on beachers!
tinatina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/188/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
Hi Girls,
Well the weekend was crazy for me! I am back to 177 this morning, ugh. I hate that i do so well during the week and then blow it on weekends and end up right back in the same boat! Im back OP though and hopefully will be back down by the weekend. I think the hard part is that I stay at my bfs house on the weekends so I end up eating whatever they are having over there. Need to figure out a better plan.

Anyway, work is slow this week, I booked my bday trip to Socal, cant wait, gonna stay on a sailboat for 3 days and get to visit my family who lives down there and meet some of Michaels family and best friend I have never met.

This weekend we are going to a local hockey game Saturday night, should be fun, I havent been to a game in years. Then next week is Spring Break, taking the kiddos to the beach, they are super excited!

Looks like everyone is doing well, Cindy I am interested in those recipes you mentioned too

Have a good week ladies,

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 AM   #36
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So bummed, I am up 1 lb from my business travel this week. I was in too many tough situations where there really was not a good OP choice.

So I am doing Phase 1 plus wine all weekend!! I will keep my eating choices very clean and add in a little wine on Friday and Saturday nights. If possible, I would like to lose this lb over the weekend and have a clean slate on Monday morning. We'll see...

Kelly, that sailboat trip sounds awesome!!

Tina, how are your health issues coming along?

Cindy, any signs of Spring where you are? It is downright freezing here today. I am so darn tired of it.

Luisa, how did your week go? Still on track?

I am thrilled to say TGIF!!!
Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 AM   #37
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo hoo!! That 1 lb I gained this week was gone this morning...nothing like a Phase 1 day (and a glass of wine ) to get me back OP!!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #38
Queen Bargain Shopper

Weather still crappy here Wiz!

My MOB dress is done all but the zipper! It's SO retro and I LOVE it!!!

I am eating "normal" this weekend, plus working out!

I love P1 + wine!
Old 03-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Hi ladies,

I am up 0.44 lbs. from last Monday, but I'll take it. I had a lousy few days of eating. I absolutely overdosed on bread! OK, in all fairness, it was delicious, freshly-baked mini ciabatta rolls, so at least it was a quality overdose, but still... I got back on plan yesterday. I'm currently doing p 1.5 (p 1 plus fruit and starchy veg, like winter squash and turnips) and trying to stay away from wheat of all types.

Wiz - Unfortunately, I really have to stay away from wine, too, for the most part. It is a gateway thing for me, as I tend to eat more things I shouldn't after a glass or two of wine.

Cindy - I think we need to see a pic of that dress. I love retro!

Kelly - sounds like you've got a fun trip planned!

Tina - how are you doing?

I am home this week because of Easter vacation (have I mentioned how much I looooove teaching, and especially the time off that goes with it? ), but have lots and lots to do, so I'd better get on with it!

Let's all have a great week!
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 04:27 AM   #40
Queen Bargain Shopper

Monday! UGH!

I was off plan for the weekend, but of course nothing too extreme, just a few grains, and some mashed potatoes I usually don't eat. Back to P1 for the week!

Luisa - DD25 is off this week for spring break but has lots of grading to do! We are hanging out tomorrow as I took the day off.

I am in agreement - let's have a great week!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:36 AM   #41
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Me three!! I need a super good week.

Cindy, I had potatoes yesterday too - I never eat them. We went to church (which I rarely do either ) and out to breakfast. Of course, I ate the hash browns that came with my omelet. And by going to church, it chewed up my exercise time along with it. Double whammy - potatoes and no calories being worn off.

Luisa, Yeah, I had a lot of bread last week too on my travels. This week I am determined to be "mostly" Phase 1. I'll eat things like carrots, but also try to avoid wheat. I do so much better when I don't eat grains. They don't make me ill or anything (not a gluten problem, per se) but I do feel like my weight loss stalls.

I did not weigh in today....ToM and those potatoes are haunting me. I decided it was better not to know.

Tonight's dinner: pork tenderloin marinating in equal parts balsamic vinegar and EVOO, a bit of dijon mustard and lots of thyme/rosemary. I would love to grill this, but with the horrible weather here today - looks like I will be roasting it in the oven. And a lovely head of cauliflower I will be oven roasting as well. Phase 1 friendly!
Old 03-25-2013, 05:48 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!!!!!!

I am starting couch to 5K today!!!! I might have to do day 1 for a week or two til I can actually run the whole 60 seconds each time! and

Waiting on some thyroid lab results. Thinking they are prob going to increase my meds again.

We had more snow last night! School cancelled for the kids. IT IS SPRING!

Wiz - Your dinner sounds YUMMY!

Luisa - What grade are you teaching?

Cindy - Can you tell us when DD big day is? Can't wait to see pics!

Kel - Socal sounds so great right now!

Let's have a great week!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #43
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: luisafernanda
Start Date: Jan. 2, 2008
Tina - Good luck! I tried Couch to 5K a few years ago, but gave up on it after several weeks because it was really hard on my knees and hips. However, I've really been thinking of trying it again, to see if it shakes anything up (other than my joints, that is!).

I teach English as a foreign language to the equivalent of 8th, 9th and 10th grades.
luisafernanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Music recommendaions?

I didn't have enough songs to make it through a 30 min walk. lol

I have several Maroon 5 songs, couple Beyonce, Eminem and a couple REALLY old ones from my youth.

oh yeah, and I managed to run each time, didn't have to walk! woot woot! Mind you I wasnt going very fast, but its a start.

ETA: I also got my lab results for my thyroid. It was 19.24 and normal range is 0.3 to 3.0 Looks like I'm going to get a med increase and have more bloodwork in my future.

Last edited by tinatina; 03-25-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Old 03-25-2013, 05:20 PM   #45
Queen Bargain Shopper

DD's big day is 6/21!

Tina - what do you listen to music on?
Old 03-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

my iphone
Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 AM   #47
Queen Bargain Shopper

There is an app that I use - I got it free, it technically plays video's, but it's for listening to music. It's called Music Tube - You might have to pay for it, but it's great for making play lists.....otherwise, I mostly use Slacker Radio and Pandora for my working out......Today's Hits on both - you can skip songs - which I do, if they are too slow.

Ate some rice yesterday - even though it was brown - it was icky! I didn't even eat it all. If I am going to eat something like that - I have to enjoy it to eat it. I think I have found that I really prefer eating the SB way......
Old 03-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #48
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!

Potatoes and ToM notwithstanding, I was sitting at my Saturday morning weight today. So no damage! Yea! Goal is to drop another lb by Friday, we'll see.

Tina, I listen to all kinds of stuff! Classic rock like Tom Petty, Bruce Springsteen, U2, etc. , lots of new stuff like Pete Yorn, Mumford and Sons, Cold Play, The Avett Brothers, and Blues like Lyle Lovett, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Ray Vaughn. Anything that gets me moving....

Cindy, June will be here before you know it!! Can't wait to see your dress.

Luisa, my knees are tricky. Right now (knock on wood) they are doing really well, no issues when I run. But then I go through times when every step on a set of stairs is painful. I guess that's what you call getting old.

Have a great day!! It's supposed to hit 50 here and I can actually see the sun.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:40 AM   #49
Queen Bargain Shopper

Hanging in this week too!
We are actually going to have sun and maybe 42! Who thought we would think that was warm!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #50
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Great weigh-in and run this morning!!

FYI. The best thing I have down for myself lately is to stop my night-time snacking. For whatever reason (boredom, stress, etc.) I had gotten into a BAD habit of snacking after dinner. I have now gone 16 nights with ZERO snacks. I really think that is the single biggest contributor to me losing weight right now.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:43 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Today will be day 2 of C25K

Wiz - great job with the night time snacking!!

Cindy - 42 here would be a HEAT wave. So sick of cold.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:08 AM   #52
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Tina, hope you aren't too sore!! That is always the worst thing about starting a new exercise program. That's one of the reasons I never stop running, starting up again is brutal.

FYI. Scale is at its lowest since New Year's!! I still (sadly ) have a ways to go to get back to my maintenance weight, but I am very happy with my progress right now. 1 more lb and I'll be back to where I was last summer before all the 2012 disasters hit...my jeans definitely fit far better than they did a month ago!!
Old 03-28-2013, 05:31 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning Beachers!

Managed to do the second day of the c25k. trying to build up my running speed before I move to the next day of the program. I'm a pretty hefty size right now and really slow.

Wiz - nope, no soreness, and I'm surprised. So glad to hear you are getting back to wear you were before the 2012 stressful season!

Luisa - The first time I did the c25k, i just walked faster during the running times. I couldnt run if my life had depended on it, so that may be an idea to get your started that may not bother your knees as much!

Cindy - I think we are supposed to have 48 degrees tomorrow. That will be like a heat wave here!

Only working 1/2 day today. Going to our neighbors funeral. Going to be a rough day.

Only work 1/2 day Friday also, but thats because our bosses are awesome!

Happy Thursday!
Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: heahyou00
Stats: 246/188/150
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: August 2007
HI Girls,
I have kinda been MIA, thats cause I have been eating horribly I am up like 9 pds over my lowest weight. I kinda lost my motivation, but need to get it back cause I have a couple big trips coming up and dont want to be all bloated and what not.

I signed up for school yesterday, going to do my PHD in Psychology, hopefully I can handle it! We shall see lol.

Anyway, we are doing the beach trip on Saturday with the boys and Easter potluck with a ton of people on Sunday, so it will be a super fun weekend!!

Keep up the good work ladies!!

Cindy-Lets see that dress! I will be in Hawaii during the big event, but cant wait to see pics.

Kelly
heahyou00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #55
wiz
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo hoo!! I am so darn excited. I am down 8.5 lbs!! This is the lowest I have been in about a year. My muffin top is finally going away.

What is scaring me is that the single biggest change I have made is the "no night-time snacking" rule. I knew I was eating too much at night, but I don't think I realized how many calories I was plowing away after dinner. This has been a significant wake-up call for me.

Kelly, Very exciting to go for your PHD!! Dr Kelly

Tina, I am sorry for your loss. But enjoy your afternoon off today!!

Cindy, Luisa - What's on your plate for the weekend?

I am working today, it's end of quarter and it's a full court press to get every $$ of revenue into the corporation. I hope to take Monday off, we'll see.

In any case, TGIF and Happy Easter!!
Old 04-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #56
Queen Bargain Shopper

New month!

SOUTH BEACH VETS - Chapter 4 - April 2013