Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 AM   #1
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
SHORTIES - Shamrocks, Peeps & Spring - It's March!

It's a new month!
Hopefully spring is really right around the corner!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
Queen Bargain Shopper

I'm ready for spring.
You?

DD23 was supposed to come home for the weekend.
Changed their plans and will be home next weekend and the weekend of the 23rd. Have lots of wedding stuff to take care of and then she and I both have a fitting on the 23rd.

Here is a picture of my fabric:

photo (1).jpg

It's silk and the fabric underneath will be pink..the style will be very retro....think like a 50's roll neckline, sleeveless, full skirt.

Weekend plans? Not sure other than celebrating DSILalmost26's birthday tomorrow night.

Off to work today, a couple of meetings and need to meet with my boss to discuss some new initiatives a couple of my colleagues and I have been discussing......wish me luck - I need to be diplomatic about some issues surrounding them!

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 03-01-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Cindy, love the color and style.

I should go visit a local dress maker who can make dresses. She is costly and I only take complicated hems to her. Pants go to Mr. Kim. Mr. Kim seems to have retired and a omen is running the place now. $12 for a pair of pants that aren't lined. Everything I buy needs shortening. The dress I bought for California is longer then I want in terms of current style but OK. I will shorten 2 inches and bring it closer to the knee I think. Now a few inches below.

Checked in and got boarding pass. DH pays extra so we get in A section. I don't think it matters much especially when I am alone.

Paid the bills. Now I need to shower and get ready for work. Need to go to ATM for money. The trip is essentially paid for by DHs organization but I will be buying lunches and things when he is in meetings.

Tuesday I am going on a tour with a women from here who we are friends with. Her husband will be with mine. DH arranged a tour through the hotel just for us. I think we are in a limo like big wigs. I will be helping Monday at registration. There are some speakers I want to hear and I need to be there for DHs speech.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:59 AM   #4
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Sounds like an awesome trip Debbie! Wish we were all going with u!

Lazy day I hope! Gracie ran a fever through he night and Kim said yesterday she was talking about her ear hurting again so Kim made we an appt for 11:40. She are her pie baby (individual strawberry pie) that I got her at Frisches. She saved 1/2 a strawberry for papa. He'll get a kick out of that!

So tired, grace was up a lot last night cuz she was feeling so rotten. She's gotten hit worse than any of us this year!

Bbl. have fun!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:49 PM   #5
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Cindy - LOVE that picture!!!
I'm so ready for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got out of the house today after almost a week ~ this flu killed me!

LOVE the fabric! And you'll look amazing in that style!
Can't wait to see it!

Debbie - you're going to have such a good time! You'll be just like a celebrity!

Jenn- Congrats on your new Boy Scout! Will you be as involved in that troop?

Becky - rough winter for the flu for all of us!! hugs for Gracie!!

Kelly - are you having an amazing week with your boys?
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #6
Queen Bargain Shopper

Debbie - you will have a blast!

MK - love the new Avi!
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #7

4:26. Up and ready to go. Car service coming at 5am. Better then paying to park every day and no shuttle bus or gas used. DH gets his reimbursed.

Will try to find oatmeal at airport. Can't eat breakfast now. Have a banana and PB and J for plane ride plus gluten free cereal bars.it is 5 hours with 45 minute layover in Vegas where I don't change planes. Direct flight back Thursday.

Will have IPad and IPhone so will pop in if I have time. Planning to spend many hours at pool when I am not busy.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:30 AM   #8

Just noticed new Avi MK. I loved that photo on FB too.
Old 03-02-2013, 04:57 AM   #9
Queen Bargain Shopper

Envy you Debbie!
I always enjoy traveling; even by myself.

Up early, watching Body of Proof on Hulu - Kelly - I'm getting the hang of this, I think.
I have found almost everything we watch except for Shameless......not giving up yet.

Off to the grocery store, then back home to work out and make enchilada's for tonight for DSIL's bday dinner. Also making my friend's grandma's Hot Fudge Cake for dessert - she says it's to die for.

DH going to a basketball game with a friend and I am heading back to Old Navy - found some great clothes for spring.....bought some pants, a boyfriend cardi and a button down yesterday. $15 off 50 this weekend, so going back to get a couple more things and $15 off 50 again!
Old 03-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #10

On the plane. Paid for wifi. $8 no big deal. Will probably wear my IPad battery down quick. Have my kindle for reading if this wears down. I prefer reading on IPad. It is backlit and bigger.

Can't eat any of the Southwest free snacks. Even the peanuts have wheat starch and maktodextrin. I truly believe my stomach feels better off gluten. I don't need crampy belly while flying. I am sure some gluten sneaks in here and there but I am off it since August.
I can't say it has helped my inflammation in shoulders,back or other areas. I still fight with flare ups. My back is never good. Just packing gave me spams for a while the other day.

I haven't run all week because of foot inflammation. I think it is almost gone and I will run when I can while away if it doesn't hurt. Today I want to lay at the pool and maybe walk down Rodeo Drive. Window shopping will be fun.

Cindy, the cake sounds yummy. I haven't had many desserts since starting gluten free. Flour less chocolate cake is good. I had a ton at the high tea in NYC as they made gluten free yummies.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:34 AM   #11
Princess Proofreader

Morning!

DS20 is home on break!!
Wow - I've really missed him!!

We're off to the Illinois Food Product Expo with DS20 and will meet DD29 and her new BF there.
We've never met him before so . . .

Debbie - have a fabulous time!!! Post pictures!
Did you find comfy sandals??

Cindy - sounds like a good day!!
What did you find at ON? I've always liked them!

Thanks for the avi compliments!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:04 AM   #12

No comfy sandles. Bought camel ballet flats but after walking at airport with no socks on may rub my foot. Bought a black flat sketcher flat with a cross strap. I got lazy and never made it to DSW again. I can always sandal shop there. My seat case weighed 48 pounds. The suit case is heavy to begin with. When I go home I will put more in my backpack or in DS's suitcase if I buy anything.

MK, hope you like the new BF. is your 29 year old the one who is doing paleo? One daughter lives in Colorado and one near you right. Which daughter has the opportunity with the theater?? I get confused. You just have one in college right. You other son graduated I think.

You think I keep your 4 kids straight after all these years.

Been on the plane 3.5 hours and antsy. I think we get in to Vegas within the hour. It won't take long from there. DH says my plane is 55 minutes ahead of schedule. He loves tracking flights online.

Gotta live wifi while flying!!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:11 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!

Debbie, I'm a tracker too, I love seeing where he is and when he lands!

MK, love it new avi too! Where's my purse in the picture? Haha!

Picking mom up at noon and were going to red lobster. I LOVE their broiled flounder! Will get grilled green beans and grilled asparagus and a salad with my Jenny dressing!

I hope everyone has a good day and a safe flight! See ya all later today!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #14

Waiting in Vegas. Got in early so have 90 minute layover and then hour flight to LA.

DH texted me he has some stomach bug. I hope he isn't going to be sick at his very important time. He is in charge and CEO of his nonprofit and his is his annual convention.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:48 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh gosh Debbie? I hope he feels better soon and that using get it while you're gone!
Old 03-02-2013, 03:59 PM   #16

He is better now. I think he ate something bad yesterday.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:37 PM   #17
Princess Proofreader

The expo was fun, as was eating lunch with DD29. I really liked her new BF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post

Is your 29 year old the one who is doing paleo? One daughter lives in Colorado and one near you right. Which daughter has the opportunity with the theater?? I get confused. You just have one in college right. You other son graduated I think.

You think I keep your 4 kids straight after all these years.
You've got them straight!!
Good job!
I'm very impressed!

DD29 is on Paleo and lives near me.
DD26 is in Aspen,CO and has the theater opportunity.
DS23 graduated from college last year and his GF just moved to NOLA.
DS20 is still in college at Loyola in Chicago.

Glad DH if feeling better!!
Hope you have an amazing time!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post

MK, love it new avi too! Where's my purse in the picture? Haha!

Picking mom up at noon and were going to red lobster. I LOVE their broiled flounder! Will get grilled green beans and grilled asparagus and a salad with my Jenny dressing!
I'm hiding your purse behind me!!

How was your lunch?
Old 03-03-2013, 06:18 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Just a quick before we get going on our day. I'm waiting on some pics to upload from my phone. I'll share when they finally get there.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:12 AM   #19

Sitting by the pool. Been up since 5PST. Went for a 7 mile run. Now lazing for a bit. DH has to pick up someone at noon at the airport. I am supposed to meet people for lunch and walk on Rodeo Dr. I would like to hike later at a park if time. Tonight is welcome cocktail party and then Spago for dinner. It is cooler today but better then home and good running weather.

Supposed to get a foot of snow in MD on Tuesday.

Tomorrow I have to help with Registration early in the morning.

Oh and we ate at a Venezuelan restaurant. Different and tasty and corn based starch so gluten free. DH looks for gluten free for me. He is the best.

Last edited by debbiedo; 03-03-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #20
Queen Bargain Shopper

Debbie! Have fun! Spago? How fun is that!
I love, love, love CA. I hope to go back someday. Just a different lifestyle in the parts I visited.

DSIL's bday was fun - homemade enchilada's and the Hot Fudge pudding cake was a hit. We played Bananagrams and sat and chatted. It was a nice evening.

Today I have lounged, got a great work out in both weights and treadmill and cleaned out my bathroom cupboard and floor. Laundry is going. Dinner is tenderloin, squash and salad. So glad I will have leftovers for a few nights as Monday is the ONLY night I am home next week! New hair & BOB SEGER!

MK - I went Friday and got a few things and went back yesterday and got a few more - the $15 off $50 was worth it. I got two blouse type tops, a pattern and a floral, a boyfriend cardy and three pairs of pants....black flare, and two skinny's - one olive one khaki. I am tweaking my style as I told DD25. I need to work with my body shape and camouflage my icky parts!

Kelly - where have you been? Enjoying your time with DS, I bet. We cut the cable cord - been waiting to tell you...........kind of liberating in a way!

Becky - lunch sounds great!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #21
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Debbie - sounds like a fabulous trip!!
Spago will be amazing!
Though hiking in the park would be my favorite thing to do!

Cindy - You must have an amazing closet! I wish we were closer and I could take your leftovers off your hands!! I shop vicariously through you!! And you don't have any icky parts!! Remember to embrace your curves!

Kelly did you have a good week?
Is DS gone?

We're having a lazy day today.
DS20 is getting his resume together for a summer internship he's interviewing for on Tuesday, I'm watching a few shows in my backlog and doing laundry and DH is working on taxes and our trip to Italy in the Fall.

Lasagna for dinner (dairy free, but not gluten free) and Amish lemon angel food cake for dessert.
DS20 and I are busy during the day this week, so I'm trying to keep my evenings free - at least until he leaves on Thursday!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #22
Queen Bargain Shopper

How fun to have him home MK.
Enjoy it - as you know - the time with any child home for any length of time anymore, is short lived.

I AM embracing my curves, lol. I was messaging back and forth with another friend and we both agreed that time and gravity are not kind, and we both exercise regularly and for the most part eat right......it's just where we are. I NEVER, EVER had what I refer to as a "poochie". That is my tummy..........it was always flat - not since my hysterectomy............ugh.

Did some cleaning, DD25 and DSIL stopped by - DSIL helpd DH moved some stuff. DH and I went for a ride - he treated me to an iced coffee.....we looked at houses. We are torn about staying here and doing some more "remodeling" or moving.

Off to get dinner!
Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #23

Moving ?? Didn't know you wanted to move Cindy. I wish I could redo my bathrooms, yard and get more space in my family room.

DH just said there is some big sports awards here tonight. The giant ballroom here is where the screen actors guild awards are held. Whitney Houston died in a room down the hall.

I sat at the pool reading a few hours and met a couple and walked around Rodeo Dr and we had lunch. Funny thing is Seth grew up I Syracuse and his dad was our Rabbi and married us. His cousin sold us our house in MD. DH stayed with him and his wife when he was in Florida last week.

So the catering manager had to go to the hospital yesterday and one of the members of the association Don runs just went. DH was lucky because he was sick but he got over it. He said he felt awful and almost like he needed to go too. God, I pray no one else gets sick.

I better get dressed and go down early to watch for Sports Stars.
Old 03-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #24

It's the LA Sports Awards
Old 03-03-2013, 05:05 PM   #25
Big Yapper!!!!

Stopping by to say hi! Started knitting my jacket tonight so going to get back with it while Mandy is sleeping. Kittens + knitting = disaster!
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh yeah, met my niece at the gym today, I walked 2.56 miles in 45 minutes plus a 5 minute cooldown = 50:37!!!! Yay me
Old 03-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #27

Hurray Becky!!!
Old 03-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #28
Princess Proofreader

Yay Becky!!

Debbie - what food made everyone sick?

Cindy - moving would be fun ~ and a lot of work.
Maybe just some remodeling?

They always say abs are made in the kitchen!
The only way for me to get a flat tummy now is strict LC with no grains at all.
Then it goes flat again.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #29

No one has eaten the same thing.

Saw Kerri Walsh the volley ball player from the Olympics. On our way to Spago.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:26 PM   #30
Big Yapper!!!!

That is so cool, Debbie! How is the weather?

Mk, what are u sending us on Tuesday morning? We're getting a SNOW EVENT! Yikes!