Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #61
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
MK, not really a problem for DS15, he's swimming JV anyway and I don't even think the JV meet was "officially" scored. It was a good lesson for him. He can be a little flakey. I have to remind coaches, parents, teachers... that he isn't his big brother and don't expect the same things from him. (he's my out of the box thinking kid)
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #62
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Kelly - and we had the opposite problem. DS20 is VERY responsible and spent a lot of Jr High and HS convincing people he wasn't his brother!
TuscanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #63
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MK, DS15 is VERY responsible when something is important to him, otherwise, well...
Water polo is important, he's only swimming because his coach expects him to, so the workouts are more important to him than the actual meets. He has fun no matter where he is though.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #64
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
In the air. This is a long day. Looking forward to being home.

Wishing I had tomorrow off!! I was stupid scheduling myself to work. Plus it is a 12 hour shift

Becky, I never saw your driveway on FB. Went back to look for the FB post. Boy that is a lot to shovel. Do you have a snow blower?? My BIL does because his driveway is longer. He doesn't have the hill. Ours is shorter but goes up some. If it is slippery it can be hard to get up when we get snow. Luckily we don't get much.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Debbie, its banked just enough that its hard to get up and down, mostly up for me! But f upstart sliding down you are at the mercy of where the car wants to stop! Yesterday was the first time that John has ended up in the side yard in 24 years so I consider myself lucky I got down safe! I parked at the bottom most of the day til he shoveled. We have a snowblower but if its a wet heavy snow it clogs the blower. That's what we had yesterday. I was driving home today and the step falling from the trees sounded like a bomb coming though the roof of the car! A few times I jumped from the sound!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:37 AM   #66
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Morning!

Kids have an early day today (Rhonda gets out at 11:35 and the other kids get out at 12:15)! Have a few things I'm going to try and get done before they get home. Also hope to color my hair later. It needs it!

Off to the bus stop!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:45 AM   #67
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
DH and I had SUCH fun last night!! Did you see my pics on FB??
We stood and danced the ENTIRE concert!

Off today - going to workout then out for bfast, groceries, some errands and then back home to get some stuff done - dinner out with friends tonight.

Don't think DD is coming home - she was sick this week and is a little overwhelmed with all she has to do for her wedding and the client she has. She has had a few inquiries with new clients as well! I told her to stay home - she can reschedule the appointment they were coming home for.

Nice having a day off........

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #68
Big Yapper!!!!

Waiting for my niece at the gym
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:31 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #70
Big Yapper!!!!

Kelly
Old 03-08-2013, 09:09 PM   #71
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Cindy - glad the concert was good!! I'll have to check out your pics!

Becky - scary driveway!!

Jenn - did you get stuff done?

Went to a tequila tasting tonight with the girls and then met DH's for a movie. We saw Jack the Giant Slayer ~ it was good!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:02 AM   #72
Queen Bargain Shopper

How did it get to be Saturday already?
Had so much fun at dinner with friends last night - they came back to our house for an after dinner drink.....DH schooled them on how to get rid of cable!

DD and her traveling circus came home, I fed her and off to bed we all went. DF had a show at a local bar.....

Today - not sure - errands with DD, some cooking, cleaning, laundry and it will be Taco and a movie night tonight!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:33 AM   #73
Big Yapper!!!!

Traveling circus... That's a hoot! I feel that way with Kim and her girls sometimes!

Got a haircut today at 1015... Have to color it but just noticed the time so I'll do it tonight. When John gets home were going to get a treadmill at Walmart. He always gives me a nice gift out of his bonus and I want a treadmill really bad. Maybe go to Applebee's, not sure tho. I have to get a Lia Sophia order together for johns nieces party cuz I can't go and its today
Old 03-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #74
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Just working around the house today and then an dinner/auction for my kids former grade school tonight. This is where I "bought" the painters last year!
Won't be doing that again!!

Went to a Tequila Tasting party last night with some girlfriends, and then met DH and another couple at the theater and saw Jack the Giant Slayer - good movie!!
Old 03-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #75
Queen Bargain Shopper

Did you get up late today due to the Tequila tasting party MK?

Late start today - DD and I ran around doing wedding stuff, went through the drive up of Panera, ate in the car and continued on our way. She got a few things crossed off her list.....we came home and I think DH was ready to blow with three dogs. FSIL came to get my little buddy and took him back to his sisters with him.

I am off to get a work out in then taco's for dinner.

Becky - I LOVE my treadmill - I think you will be so happy to get one and have it right at home!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #76
Big Yapper!!!!

We got a Golds Gym treadmill. Walmart only had 2 to choose from (they had like 5 to choose from when John got the one that bit the dust a few years ago). He left me choose the one I wanted. He'll put it together when the girls and I are seeing OZ tomorrow!!!

Debbie, when u got your wifi on the plane, did u have to tell them when u purchased the ticket or did u call back later to get it? I won't get it going to Texas but I think I would like it for the trip home since I'll be traveling alone.

I'm knitting. Stopped to see what everyone did today.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:56 AM   #77

Becky, you go to the airlines website on the plane and hit the wifi button and put in credit card info. It is usually around $8. In the airport you will want to charge up your device at a charging station if you are sitting there a long time. There is usually free wifi in airports. I go to airport website and hit the button for the wifi.

Went to a friends for dinner last night and then to a neighboring high school for Oklahoma! Marc Bill's son is big into drama and we went to see him.

Off to work 12 hours. Missing the hour of sleep. I made it through Friday with very little sleep. I will be fine today. I am looking forward till Tuesday when I get a day home. Yesterday I ran nd took a nap. Then we were at friends house by 5.

Tuesday I do have an eye appt. Wednesday I have a luncheon for Hebrew Home. It is a big fund raiser. I will sit with the CEO and his wife. I had her with me on my tour in LA. Thursday DH wants me to go to his doctors appt with him. It is a surgeon who took over for the one who did his lap band. I can't say it helps much. He just needs to eat right.

I leave in a bit over an hour and still have wet hair.

Becky, enjoy your new treadmill. I have a 4 bedroom house but no good place for a treadmill. The upstairs gets too hot in the warm weather. The basement isn't finished and musty and dark. I run outside but would probably do more if I could run some miles before work on a treadmill.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #78
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Cindy - no, I was up at the normal time just lots of running around yesterday.
Today too - I'm finally on the computer!

Becky - what did you think of Oz? I liked Jack better.

We used to have a treadmill and a stepper and a bike. I gave them all away!
I either walk outside or go to a class at the gym.

Debbie - did you make it out the door on time?
I've been visiting my friend in the hospital every day - it's draining!
She is 63 and had a stroke. She's back in ICU because of bad headaches . . . . it's so sad!

i didn't buy anything at the auction last night - nothing was that amazing!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
Old 03-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #79
Queen Bargain Shopper

Monday! And the college on spring break, so jeans and a more relaxed environment.
Tonight going with some friends to my piercing place - they are getting a piercing, my piercer is checking my rook and I might get one more!

MK - sad about your friend - that is too young!!!

Hugs to all - love you ladies!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 AM   #80

Sad about your friend MK. I hope she isn't too debilitated from the stroke.

My 66 year old friend with cancer is doing very badly. I saw her Friday in the ER and have been very upset since because she looks horrible and is dying. Very sad to think about and I feel horrible for her.

I am dealing with a UTI. Started yesterday morning. Thankfully I didn't have to check in to be treated. I had a PA there who is wonderful and wrote me prescriptions and started me on Pyridium and Macrobid. Therefore my symptoms are basically gone. At the same time I am getting a cold. It all stinks because I have a half marathon in Virginia Beach Sunday.

Friday night a man coughed and blew some smelly germs all over me. He smelled like strep to me.

I am working. Yesterday was such a slow day I fear today will be the opposite. Won't be good if I don't feel well.
I don't want to call out sick because I don't get pad.

Cindy, would you get another ear piercing??

MK, nice you can visit your friend every day. I pray my friend doesn't get sick from me. I tried not getting too close. No kisses.

Becky, I wish I had a treadmill. I don't have a place for one. My basement isn't finished and too musty,dark and full of junk to use. The bedrooms get way too hot in the summer. I have 4 and DS21 isn't here all the time buy can't use for a treadmill.

Kelly,Jenn,Kaye hope you are all well. Jenn, wish VA Beach was closer to you. I get there Saturday and leave Monday. If I am sick we won't go.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:32 AM   #81
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Monday!

Was a busy weekend--set up and helping out with the spaghetti supper the Boy Scout troop Padraic is joining put on on Saturday and then Sunday went and saw Oz with my MIL and Rhonda. DST is kicking my butt!

I'm taking over as Awards Chair for cubscouts so I have a meeting today with woman who's not going to be doing it anymore, a few errands to run, and Scouts tonight. Good thing there's no Castle tonight...I'm going to bed early!

MK-sorry to hear about your friend. Will keep her in my prayers. And no, I didn't get a lot done! lol!

Becky-I don't have room for a treadmill either. My mom had one and she offered it to me (she got a new one). Enjoy yours!

Debbie-What part of Va Beach? I am not that far away to some of it!

Cindy-enjoy the Spring Break!

Hope you all have a great day!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
Old 03-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #82

I will be right on the board walk in Va Beach. The race finishes by the Neptune Statue.

How was the move Jenn??
Old 03-11-2013, 07:37 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

Not to far! Less than an hour!

It was good! I enjoyed it!
Old 03-11-2013, 10:37 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone,

We had a nice relaxing weekend. Saturday DS15 had a scrimmage so I went up with him (and a car full of boys) to that and yesterday he went paintballing with a friend for his B-day. The friend's older brother is home on spring break with several friends from college so the "big boys" took them. They had a blast!
DH and I had a nice lunch out at a place I frequently forget about (Candelas-Debbie when you visit there is a location here and in the gaslamp, I haven't been to the one in the gaslamp, but I think the menu is similar) Anyway, their menu now has a TON of gf/paleo options. They call their menu "nouvelle Mexican" I had "tacos el pato paleo style" (duck tacos in a jicama wrap) Its definitely not what you would think of as Mexican, I think people from out of town are frequently surprised by the menu.

This morning I had breakfast with a friend that I hadn't seen in a while. Her son and DS19 are really good friends and we used to have breakfast every couple of months following the parents group board meeting the last couple of years. It was nice to catch up. (AND-I still got my couch to 5k workout in too, week 2, day 1, go me!)

Cindy, sounds like it was a fun concert! Enjoy your week without students on campus.

MK, good for you not getting the same painters this year.
Its so nice that your friend has you to check in on her.

Becky, enjoy the new treadmill. It will make it easier when the weather is either too hot or too cold to get out.

Debbie, did your DH have lapband? (did I read that right?)

Jenn, you're such a good mommy! I still can't believe my "baby" is in HS. How did that happen.

Kaye, pop in and say hi when you have a minute!
Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #85

Watching Revenge on Hulu. Then going to bed.

My husband had lap band surgery at least 5 or more years ago.

Eye doctor 10am tomorrow. DH working from home. I may do very little tomorrow as I have this double whammy going on with Urinary Tract Infection and some respiratory thing. Hoping I don't get a full blown cold.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #86
Blabbermouth!!!

Feel better, Debbie!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #87

I just need some down time. Thankfully the UTI was treated early so I didn't get too much dysuria.

I am off to bed. Revenge didn't show up on my DVR. Probably bumped by DHs taping every Big Bang Theory rerun there is.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #88
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

Busy day running around today and then to my friend's house - still working on DS23's t-shirt quilt. I actually ran a sewing machine tonight - first time in 30 years! And I didn't sew my fingers!

Cindy - Did you get another piercing??!!

Debbie - we're too young to be losing friends!!!
Hope you feel better soon!!

Jenn - I knew you wouldn't laze around for long!! Is Awards Chair very involved?

Kelly - sounds like a great weekend!!
And congrats on the couch to 5K!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbiedo View Post
Probably bumped by DHs taping every Big Bang Theory rerun there is.

I love Big Bang Theory!!

Becky - where are you?

Kaye?
Old 03-12-2013, 04:21 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning!

MK-it is and it isn't. If you keep on top of it, it's not too bad. It's when you let it go that it becomes overwhelming. We're also having a problem with one of the leaders right now, not doing what they are supposed to, but wanting the boys to get credit. The old Chair "doesn't like confrontation" and I think she's not sure what to do about it. I don't like confrontation either, but I dislike when people try and do what he's doing. I've already composed a letter that is going out to all the leaders stating what *my* policy is (really BSA's), and that if requirements aren't fulfilled awards will not be given.

Going to the Scout store today to get the awards for Friday. Can't believe Padraic is bridging already. He's going on his first Boy Scout campout this weekend!

I love BBT too! One of my favorites!

Have to go wake up Rhonda. Almost time to take her to school! oops! Darn DST!

Have a good day, Ladies!
Old 03-12-2013, 05:42 AM   #90

When I ran Saturday I saw my friend who lost her husband a few weeks ago. She thanked me for my email note to her and coming to the wake. She told me she is having a hard time with reading and responding to all the cards. It makes her cry. She said he died of a massive heart attack( at 53). Her youngest is a senior in HS and may not go away to college next year which breaks Mary's heart. Her oldest is graduating college and my husband told her to send her resume because he has a lot of connections. That is the way to get a job these days. Her middle one is still in college.

Speaking of kids, my DS21 passed his sanitation exam. He took the class before and failed. He could have just taken the test last year but didn't. It is a pass fail class. He has issues with test taking so this is really good for him and his GPA. Failing really messes that up.

I have to leave in an hour and I am still in bed. Didn't sleep great.

It is raining out. Want to run a few errands while I am in Rockville like Trader Joes. It is 20 minutes away but I will be so close.

Cindy, did you get a new piercing?? Ear?

Jenn, I think you are a great mom and you will do a great job with awards chair.

My husband watches BBT whenever he can! I like it but not constantly.

Tonight I watch Smash if I can stay awake.