Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 AM   #31
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
We are getting snow again too - south of here - yes, Milwaukee....is going to get hit hard - AGAIN!!! They need to rethink closing at DD's work when it gets bad rather than people take their lives in their hands.

MK - my brother says the same thing. I limit my grains and notice the same thing - also with dairy as well.....kinda weird - since I have been using more soy in my diet!

Debbie - ooooooooo - how fun to see all of this - hope everyone stays well!

Becky - good for you for working out!

Off to work - another Monday, Funday!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Good morning-

We had a fun week with DS19 home. My parents came for part of it too. We had a few meals out (some at little local hole in the wall places that DS19 loves) cooked DS19's favorites too. He took a big bag of starbucks coffee and GS cookies back to school with him. He also ate a ton of citrus fruit and avocados while he was home.
We did a little shopping (the ring DH gave me for V-Day had to be sized and we dropped it off and picked it up and added shopping to both of those stops) we hiked Torrey Pines state park. We parked at the state beach (free) at the bottom and walked up then walked the trails from there. My parents did most of it with us, but DS19 and I added another 2 trails while my parents went back down along the paved road. We wound through the woods to some cool overlooks and then back down and along the beach. That was the prettiest part, but my mom doesn't like heights so I'm glad she skipped that part. We went to the really pretty pier one town south of us and wandered around there and we even talked DS19 into going lawn bowling with his grandparents and me. (He even said he had fun)
Of course, there was some water polo thrown in there for good measure.

Saturday after my parents left, DS19 wanted to hike some more so we drove up for a different hike that he assured us wasn't "that much harder than Torrey Pines" needless to say, I didn't make the summit for the photo op. Both DH and I had the wrong shoes on (next time I'll wear hiking boots) we didn't have enough water AND it was hot! (its a mountain by a man made lake at the edge of the dessert) We'll go back and eventually I'll make it to the top.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:25 AM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As promised a couple of pictures from Torrey Pines and the nearby pier...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0589.jpg (100.9 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-04-2013, 08:26 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So, not everything attached, I'll try again later...
Old 03-04-2013, 10:06 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Just got back from Joanne Fabrics with knitting goodies. I <3 that place!
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Popping in to say hi! Still working hard on getting the house into shape!

Book fair at the elementary school this week and I'm helping out at that, plus my usual days at the middle school.

Thanks, MK! He bridges in just a few weeks! I'm going to try...luckily it's more boy led though I am contributing something to the bake sale/dessert table for the spaghetti dinner fundraiser on Saturday.

Debbie-glad DH is feeling better! Travel safely!

Cindy-Can't wait to see the finished outfit. I know it will be beautiful!

Becky-I love Joann's too, but I can get into trouble with all the fabric. I usually go to Michaels! lol!

Kelly-Sounds like you had a nice time!

Off to clean the kitchen!

"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #37
Big Yapper!!!!

Almost done with a scarf for the director of our daycare for her birthday, she was oooing and ahhhing it when I made Kim's for her. I fitted it to her today (she's a big woman, about 5'9 and heavier than I am) and I thought she was gonna make me finish it right there! Then I can go on with my sweater jacket!!! I did 6 rows of ribbing last night cuz I couldn't go any further on the scarf

Better get back to it! Winter storm watch tonight into Wednesday morning. Thanks bunches MK!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #38
Princess Proofreader

Gallery: TuscanGirl
Stats: Sad/Happy/Wow 5'
WOE: Something like GL and LC and . . . .
Start Date: July 2003
Hi!
Another busy day - exercising, PEO, DS20 had a dentist appt, salsa chicken for dinner and watching Sons of Anarchy with DS.

I like it better Cindy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca130 View Post

Mk, what are u sending us on Tuesday morning? We're getting a SNOW EVENT! Yikes!
We start with freezing rain tonight and chance of 2-4" of snow tomorrow.
Chicago is supposed to get 8-12". I'm glad DS20 is here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post
We are getting snow again too - south of here - yes, Milwaukee....is going to get hit hard - AGAIN!!! They need to rethink closing at DD's work when it gets bad rather than people take their lives in their hands.

MK - my brother says the same thing. I limit my grains and notice the same thing - also with dairy as well.....kinda weird - since I have been using more soy in my diet!

I should check on DS23!! I didn't know it was that much snow up there!

I wish there was a quick fix. I KNOW I need to get more cardio along with the weight training - I tend to lose easier in the summer when I can walk more.

Kelly - sounds like a great week!! LOVE the picture!!
Will he get to come home for Easter?

Becky - how wide is the scarf? Colors? Picture?

Jenn - true about Boy Scouts - they want the older boys to lead the younger ones. Win/win for everyone!

Circles of fashion are more like spirals, covering the same area but never arriving in the same place twice!

°°◊°°
TuscanGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Went to a place called the Grove today. It was an open air mall,farmers market nothing like you would think. The CBS studio is there. They tape Extra in the court of The Grove and I saw Mario Lopez. Bought a pair of pants and sports bra at Athleta. They shorten for free and are mailing them to me free. Bought a dress at Banana Republic. Everything 30% off in the store.
Went with three other wives. We walked the 3.8 miles back. My new shoes not comfortable for walking. My feet are hurting but should feel better tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my tour of Holywood and Beverly Hills including lunch. I really like Adrian who is joining me.

Super tired and want to be out running around 6am. The program starts at 8 am. I need to be there to hear my husband speak. I also want to hear Mark Shriver at 10am.

Better try to sleep. I am plenty tired.

The DC area could get 6-12 inches of snow starting tomorrow through Wednesday. We travel back Thursday. I wouldn't mind being stuck here an extra day.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:08 AM   #40
Queen Bargain Shopper

Open house day, so basically a 12 hour day!
Good news though - our hours got tweaked for our late day - only have to work till 6, not 7 now. So Tuesday is my late day, I will work 9:30-6. That will be in a couple weeks though - with open house we are there till 7. Next week is spring break for the college, so no late days!

Debbie - saw your pic of Mario! I always thought he was handsome! Keep the updates coming - enjoying living vicariously through you.

I think the forecast has been revised. Not sure if they are going to get as much in Milwaukee now and we probably won't get anything.....keeping my fingers crossed.

Yes, Kelly - agree with MK - cute avi!
Also - I need help! I subscribed to all my shows - I can't figure out how to get them in my que!

Off and running.........

•○•
"It is what it is."
•○•
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Another busy day here!

Becky-I want to see the scarf too! And your sweater coat when you finish!

Cindy-long day for you! Hope it goes quickly!

Debbie-sounds like you are having a good time

MK-stay safe with your incoming weather

I think they are just calling for rain here, but you never know!

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radmom413 View Post

Yes, Kelly - agree with MK - cute avi!
Also - I need help! I subscribed to all my shows - I can't figure out how to get them in my que!

Off and running.........
Awww, thanks...

I'll post some more pics for you all later. They are on the phone and the other computer. I'm sure there is a way to do it directly from the phone, but I don't kow how.

After my hiking fail last weekend I decided it was because I almost never do any cardio, so yesterday I did day one of the couch to 5k running plan. My neighbor that I usually walk with joined me. I'm a teeny bit sore this morning, but not too bad and we covered our usual walking distance in far less time.
I'm going to yoga this morning so that should help get rid of the soreness in my quads and calves.

Cindy, are you adding shows through your roku or online? You can do it either place. Let me know and I'll "talk" you through it. We found it really freeing to cut the cable cord too. Funny though, I am watching more regular network tv shows now (through hulu) than I have since probably college.

Jenn, its always busy with a houseful of kids. Have fun with the chaos.

Debbie, sounds like you are having a great time. LA can be fun. One thing that a lot of people don't know is there is an actual theater that is part of the Chinese theater (I think, if not actually part of it, its next to it and part of the kodak theater, its been a while since we've been there) anyway, they show current movies. They have a VIP area that is open to anyone that buys VIP tickets. The tickets weren't that much more than a regular ticket, anyway, that puts you in the VIP lounge with its own concession area and restrooms as well as a cozy space to hang out and the movie area is italian leather recliners and the concession area waiters will bring your food drinks in for you. Just kind of a fun thing that wasn't super expensive.

MK, sounds like a super busy day.
I don't think DS19 will be able to come home for Easter. (I'm sad) But he may be able to spend the weekend with my parents instead.

Becky, can't wait to see the scarf and jacket, they sound super cute.

Kaye,
Old 03-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #43
Princess Proofreader

Hi!

I'm on the fringes of the storm. We're supposed to get 2-4". So far it's blowing and looks worse than it is. Not much is sticking to the streets.

DS20 had a haircut and interview for an internship in the archives of our public library. He'd have his own project in the history archives and it would look great on his resume!

Debbie - sounds like you're still having a great time!!

Kelly - I'm hoping my motivation will return when the snow leaves!

Kaye -

Becky -
Old 03-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #44
Big Yapper!!!!

Hi everyone, snow storm has arrived. Schools are all cancelled, including Alyssa's, I'm sure my work won't close, kindercare never closes. I can pray tho!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:47 AM   #45
Queen Bargain Shopper

WOW!
Talk about busy. One minute I was walking in the door at 1:45, and then next thing I knew it was 6:15! We had to tear down all the laptops, so didn't get home till 7:30 - I was pooped! Great night - met quite a few great kids and parents - lots of adults there too but I think I enjoy the high school kids and the parents the most!

Kelly - I am adding them through the Roku. I subscribed, then to new episodes only....I had only two shows in the Queue, but then all of a sudden I had 5. I don't know how they got there! Seems like I am watching them before they pop in there!

Off to work, then hair appt after work.

My parents will be here next Thursday - celebrating my Mom's 80th that weekend. Any idea's on what to get an 80 year old woman who has everything & doesn't like anything?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 AM   #46

How about a nice warm pashmina to wrap up in a cold day.

It is snowing like crazy at home. We leave tomorrow. Kind of wish our flight would be canceled. Mostly because I don't want to work Friday.

Having a great time. Convention ends mid day today. DH finally gets to see things. I want to go to Santa Monica and Venice Beach. He also wants to go to Rodeo Dr. I will go again.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

Morning!

Another busy day. Not sure what is going on with the weather. Radio says snow, computer says rain. Who knows? Supposed to go see Jersey Boys with my mom and Rhonda tonight so whatever it decides to do, I hope it does it later! lol!

Cindy-wow! what a busy day! hmmm....flowers, maybe? I don't really know!

Debbie-glad you're having a good time! Nice that DH was able to see some things too. Safe travels on your way home!

Becky-keep the snow there! I am soooo ready for Spring!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:00 AM   #48

DC is shut down. Some people unable to leave here. I wish I could stay till Friday. Things should be better tomorrow.

Enjoy Jersey Boys Jenn. I saw it in Vegas.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning-

Yesterday was the first HS swim meet for DS15. He'll swim JV all year, I have to remind people frequently that he isn't his brother. It can be tough being a little brother with the same teachers/coaches/parents around when your big brother set high standards in most things.

Cindy, sounds like you are probably doing it right, but it just took a while for the roku to catch up. Sometimes that happens. I have a ton of stuff in my queue right now, no worries about me getting ahead.

I would think meeting HS kids and parents and helping them with one of the biggest decisions of their life would be really rewarding!

Becky, stay safe and warm.

MK, my exercise motivation is here, but my eating right motivation left when my mom got here last week. I need to have both of them at the same time, LOL...
I do have a dinner plan for the week, but I munched on DS15's yummy caramel/chocolate trail mix yesterday and ate some of the fries that the guys were eating after the swim meet.

Debbie, sounds like you are having a great trip. Window shopping and people watching can be fun on Rodeo Dr. Venice Beach has great people watching too, just a different kind.

Jenn, hope the weather cooperates for you. Enjoy the show tonight.
Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM   #50
Big Yapper!!!!

Yeah... Snow sucks! I have a pic of my driveway on fb, check it out. John went sideways in the driveway this morning, usually its me. Lol. And I'm LOVING it!

Got to work at 550... Didn't have to be there Til 630 but since I'm an opener I didn't want to be the one late. So I just went to my room, kept the lights off and played games on my phone.

So, I've got homework this week from Jenny. Why do I want to be thin??? I gained 2 this week and with the 2.4 from last week... Well, I don't want to be yoyoing with the same 5 forever! I also am adding to the list (on my own) of what thoughts are going through my head to sabotage myself and what my trigger foods are. Like BBQ Vienna sausages! Who besides me blows a diet for ThAT???

Girls will be home any minute. Suppose to be home at 8 but as usual he has to take it a step further!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:25 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Good Morning!

I hope all of you who got the Winter Storm are faring well!

Jersey Boys was fantastic! Had a really good time, despite the yucky rain and high winds. Super tired today though!

Debbie-Is today the day you come home?

Kelly-how did the swim meet go? Boy do I remember those days!

Becky-were there a lot of kids yesterday?

Off to make lunches. Already changed supper plans because I overslept and don't have time to make the cream soup!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #52
Queen Bargain Shopper

Glad you had fun at Jersey Boys, Jenn!

Tonight I am going to Bob Seger!!! I found out last night that JD McPherson is opening! FSIL texted me - he is one of he and DD23's faves - they are going to see him in April! I love him!!!! His sound is more of a 50's rockabilly genre! Can't wait. Meeting some friends who are going as well for drinks at 5:30!

And today is my Friday!!!

NO MORE SNOW!!!!! Becky - no, vienna sausages are not worth it!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #53

Yes we travel today. 7:30 PST time here now. Flight leaves 12:45. Get home 11:30 tonight.
Layover 2 hours in Phoenix.

Currently at breakfast. Nice walk to and from. Went biking from Venice Beach to Santa Monica pier and back yesterday. Venice Beach seedy and won't go back there if I ever come back unless it is to rent a bike to ride. That was nice riding along the ocean and not crowded.

Have eaten way too much but don't feel heavier. Have walked a lot and have run twice.

My giant bowl of oats is here. Better eat!!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 AM   #54

Love Rockabilly Cindy. Have fun!!

Jenn, they didn't get much snow in DC. More hype then reality.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning-

Day 3 of couch to 5k run/walk. YEAH! Next week it gets harder, LOL
Now if I can just get my eating back to where it was before my parents visited. Its so hard to eat right with my mom. She posted a pic of the two of us to FB from the last night they were here and I was shocked at how puffy my face looked after one week of a little of this or that (including some grains, mostly things like corn or rice)

Debbie, safe travels. Venice Beach is a little seedy, but the people watching is always interesting. The last (drive by) we did was on our way to/from Pepperdine with DS19 when he was deciding where he wanted to go to school. (Quite a contrast, Malibu/Santa Monica with Venice Beach)

Cindy, that sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your "Friday!"

Jenn, HS swim meets usually run MUCH more smoothly than meets for younger kids. With that said, this was the first meet of the season and it was a little chaotic getting started, which meant we ended much later than normal. DS15 hasn't swam competitively since he was little so this was his first meet in a very long time. Needless to say, he missed his second event and got a nice (& well deserved) chewing out by the coach for not paying attention.

Becky, I have to agree with Cindy, there aren't any vienna sausages worth blowing your diet over!
I saw the pic of your driveway and it reminded me of our old driveway before we moved here. DH's first trip here he slid off into the ditch as he was leaving for the airport, he came back in grabbed my keys, said triple A is on the way to pull my car out, I'm taking yours so I don't miss my flight. He got off the plane here and it was in the 60's and sunny, I think that's when he decided to try to convince me to move.

MK, the internship sounds great for your DS! Hope the interview went well.

Need to get cleaned up and start on my day instead of sitting here in my yucky clothes. I promised a takeout lunch for DS15 at school today. (because I forgot to grab lunch meat at the grocery store, but that's just between us, okay)
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM   #56

Kelly good for you for doing Couch to 5k. Great plan.

MK, hope your son gets the internship. What is his major?

Cindy, did you find a gift for mom. Honestly while here I have a new list of things I didn't think I would need but want. It was cold in air conditioning. I saw pashminas on people and now want some warm ones. Saw shoes I want too. Brand is Munro.

I use packing cubes when I travel. Need to remember to buy one more. They would be a nice gift. I may get some for DH since he travels so much.

While away I bought a dress on sale at Banana Republic. I bought pants at Althleta. They shorten for free and are shipping to me for free. Bought a sports bra there too. That is it. Bought Isabella PJs in Vegas airport At Life is Good store.

We are at airport extra early because DH likes to go that. Charging everything up.

Be back later I hope!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Needless to say Kelly we didn't look at this house during snow season!!!! I love the yard and home and the driveway is fine... Except in bad weather which we have had our share of this year! Last year wasn't too bad, I knew we wouldn't be as lucky this year!

Debbie, u did good! Getting new clothes is always fun and free alterations is awesome along with free shipping!!!

Cindy, u ready for your busy weekend? Isn't this weekend when DD is coming home?

Mk, is your camper still there?

I have our Thursday night camper! She and papa are having Donoto's pizza for dinner and I got more jiffy pop. Lol. She likes to pop it but line me, just a bit satisfies her so the birds get the rest if John doesn't eat it.

I'm hoping to get a treadmill this weekend of John gets his bonus tomorrow.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:23 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Cindy- have a good time!

Kelly- I meant when I was in HS I'm a big swimmer!

Debbie-everytime I feel heavy and like I've gained weight, I find that I've lost. When I feel like I've lost, I find that I've gained!

Becky-have fun tonight!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM   #59
Princess Proofreader

Hi!
I took DS20 back to the train today - his new GF picked him up in Chicago!
Since I was in Bloomington I bought 2 new bras at Soma and an Easter dress at Von Maur!

That's more money than I've spent since Christmas!

But I'm excited about all of them!

I visited a friend of mine in the hospital on the way home - she's 60 and had a stroke! Very scary!!

Debbie - safe travels!! DS's major is History.

Kelly - Sorry about DS15's meet. DS24 used to get distracted and miss his events. Sometimes he'd be standing behind the blocks talking to the timers . . . .

Becky - just say no!

Jenn - I've wanted to see Jersey Boys! Glad it was fabulous!!
Old 03-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #60
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jenn, that makes more sense, I was thinking swim mom with the little ones. We have a HUGE HS swim roster (usually about 80 kids every year plus the divers that are at the other pool because ours is a flat depth competition pool, its a fast pool, but there are no diving boards since its an even 7ft all the way across)

Becky, too funny. Our old driveway wasn't sharply curved when we moved in, but due to road construction and the highway dept. taking an easement right into the end of our driveway that was the only way to get in and out, sharp curve, deep ditch, not a good combination in the winter.

Debbie, I was sore the first day, but I decided later that I was sore from yoga not the run. We did a workout that had a lot of "flow" in and out of "chair" (so squats) and in and out of "warrior" (lunges) I blamed the run for my quads hurting until I thought about it a little and started laughing at myself.

DS19 texted earlier that he did the first part of his service hours required this term for school. Their coach has all of his athletes teach swim lessons to elementary aged kids. He was kinda dreading it, but was surprised that he had fun. I knew he would, little kids love him and he is really good with little kids.