Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2013, 07:03 AM   #271
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
Happy Easter to my favorite online friends!

We decided to be pretty low key today, so we'll just have a normal weekend breakfast/lunch. Its packed with tourists here and if we tried to go out we would need reservations, and it would be expensive. I thought about doing a big brunch or late traditional lunch but after we talked about it, decided not to. We will go to our normal mass, which is early and so usually pretty empty, but it will be packed today. Last weekend we ended up sitting on the patio, that may happen again today. I actually kinda like sitting outside when the weather is nice though. There are always little kids playing and listening to the gospel being read I like to think about Jesus speaking outdoors with all of the distractions around too.

Debbie, congrats on Syracuse!
I got Nike 3+ shoes. They are super lightweight and felt really really good. I tried on several different shoes with help from the girl at the store on fit. DH has a nike watch that will link up with the sensor or can use gps. I was wearing it but the gps usually won't link from here, so I'll use the sensor and track my distance/pace too.

Cindy, your menu sounds yummy! I overbought for DS15's basket and it was overflowing. Nothing new there, I seem to do that every year.

Jenn, I'm sure your day is hectic with multiple bells services.

Becky, MK, and Kaye, enjoy your day!
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2013, 07:28 AM   #272
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: ShortKayke
Stats: (High 165) 135/115/105 4'10"
WOE: My Atkins
Start Date: 10/03 on and off when jeans get tight!
Happy Easter to the best ladies ever!

Got a chocolate bunny I will not be eating for a while. Have ditched all sugars and have been on plan for 2 weeks now, hit 125 and said 'enough'!! Already down 3 or 4 and hope to keep rolling down to where I need to be to have my clothes more comfortable.

Overdue update as it's been crazy here!
Went to DH's appt. and it wasn't to discuss options for treatments, but an appt. with the surgeon! It wasn't IF to have surgery, but WHEN!
The scans showed an 'S' shaped kink in his intestine that stays inflamed and they need to take a 1 foot chunk out to fix it.
We asked how soon it had to be done, and they said within a few months but a blockage and rupture was a danger, so sooner rather than later. His old diagnosis has been updated to Crohn's.
Go see the surgery scheduler and she said 'Okay, I have you signed up for April 9th!' (three weeks away then, a week now!) We were a bit in shock just learning he needs surgery, but so soon? DH said 'the sooner the better so I can heal back up before work gets busier in the summer, so now is good'.
So we had to work out the logistics of time off work for the surgery and 5-6 weeks recovery. He can use his vacation time and will just have a couple unpaid weeks.

My co-worker has been on vacation to FL so I've worked the last 12 days in a row, hoping she gets home today as planned so I can have a day off! She'll also be home and free to cover for me what days I need to be in Ann Arbor for the surgery and the 5 days he'll be there (barring complications) next week.

Have had a lot of planning to work out quickly, time and money issues, so DH has nothing to worry about but just to heal.
I'll need you all to let me vent while he's home for 6 weeks!

Have a lovely ham to get in the oven, and baked sweet potatoes.

Was almost nice yesterday and did some yard clean up, but cold with snow predicted again. I'm SO ready for spring!

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter! Must check my chickens to see if they gave us some new green eggs for Easter!
Hugs all around.
ShortKayke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:30 AM   #273
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Kelly, there are many apps you can use on your phone to track your runs. There is Runkeeper,endomondo and more.

Sitting outside on the patio at church sounds beautiful if the weather is nice.

Cindy, your menu made me hungry.

I need to go make breakfast. Working 3-11 messes up my eating. I won't get a break at work unless we have staff. Highly unlikely since they were short enough to change my schedule around. I work 11-7 tomorrow. DH is off the next two days. They are paid holidays because they have certain Jewish Holidays off and the last two days of Passover must be important to Orthodox Jews. They never were in my Reform world. My husband's nonprofit he works for is religious based. One of his employees is quite religious.

DH called and is on his way home from his run.

I have no plans till I leave for work at 2:10pm.

I would have rooted for Marquette if they didn't play SU.

Two good games today and I won't get to see them. I want Duke to lose. I would like to see Louisville win. Being in the Big East I root for Big East teams until they play SU.

Next year SU joins the ACC. Funny thing is we live in Maryland and Maryland is leaving the ACC next year.

I love college basketball. Mostly it is SU that I follow.

My son's wedding colors are orange and blue for a reason. Becca is from VA and they are alo UVA colors. Makes everyone happy.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 AM   #274
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: debbiedo
Stats: pretty close to perfect!
WOE: mindful eating/running off the pounds
Start Date: over and over again
Kaye, sorry about the surgery news but very necessary. Does he have disability insurance? I don't get it but DH does. When I lived in NY we all got it regardless of our job. They deducted money from our checks. It was nominal but I used it when I had babies and took time off.
debbiedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:07 AM   #275
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Hello lovely Ladies!

Just a very quick pop in! Need to make my eggs and strawberries still! lol! Just home about 15 minutes ago because I had to stop after church and get horseradish because I forgot yesterday!

Am soooo tired!

Have a wonderful day!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #276
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Rebecca130
Stats: 201/ 183/130
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: Jan 23, 2008
Well, I'm pooped. Ready to head home form Kim's. went to bob Evans for breakfast and then to moms. Came home to get the girls from brad and watched their egg hunt. We'll do another egg hunt next Saturday when we celebrate Easter with the girls and we'll have mom to see them too.

I still have a load of laundry to do. I don't care for Sunday holidays cuz that's my laundry day
Rebecca130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:23 PM   #277
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: kellydawne
It sounds like everyone had a nice weekend.

Kaye, hope everything is ok with your DH, if it has to be done, it will be good to have it over. Of course, feel free to vent here as much as you need to. : hugs:

Debbie, I had tried a couple of different apps before, but not the ones you mentioned. DH bought the Nike watch a while ago. I liked it when I could get the gps to work, which is less than once a week. DH uses the shoe sensor so I'll see how that works for me. We live really close to a military base & I think they use different radio jamming stuff sometimes. Our car clickers & garage door openers don't always work either which can be frustrating.

Jenn, sounds like your day was really full.

Becky, the girls pics on fb were adorable. Stretching the holiday with the kids is always fun.
kellydawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 AM   #278
Queen Bargain Shopper

Gallery: Radmom413
Stats: Always a work in progress!
WOE: SB Vet/NMD
Start Date: Every day is a new start!
Come on over!

SHORTIES - April Showers, May's around the Corner!
Radmom413 is offline   Reply With Quote