Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 09:58 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/232.5/234 by 7/21/14
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Slimmer by Summer--March Edition

New month

New thread
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Rachel -I love Ed Debevics! We had our rehearsal dinner at the Ed'd out in Deerfield. I love their mini hot fudge sundaes. Have one for me.
Old 03-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
It's March! Doesn't seem possible! SHORT night. In bed at 12:45 from track meet, so I slept until 5:30 instead of getting up at 4. Since there are no plans for the weekend, I'm hoping to get in an outside run one of the days. My daughters will probably sleep until afternoon tomorrow. DD14 didn't do near as well as she did last year in hurdles but it was the first track meet and it was cold and it is varsity and she is running against all of high school. She got 4th in her heat but not sure if she placed yet. dd12 got 3rd in the 400 and so she will get a medal. We are pumped about that!

Beth - sounds like you had an emotional day yesterday. That's awesome you are cleaning out all that stuff from the garage. So, what will you do with all the extra space? I can't believe you are getting such warm weather! My lilies are blooming but now it's getting into the 30's at night and I'm afraid it will kill them. They are beautiful! We do have fairly nice weather during the day but the nights are cold. All the fellow tracksters were stealing my dd14's blanket when she would run last night. hehehe

Rachel -You get to see your dd18 again so soon! That's awesome! The Chicago trip would be a good one to chaperone. I guess y'all stay the night there? I'm hearing all these people talk about camping for spring break - in just a couple weeks - and I thought about you camping. Our good friends are suppose to go to Arkansas and we are thinking of going too - but haven't finalized plans yet. The movies we watched last weekend were "The Perks of Being a Wallflower" (teen dealing with emotional issues), "Flight" (intense), "Trouble With the Curve" (cute) and "October Baby" (made dh and I both cry hard!).

Diane - today's the day! I know you are excited!! I hope you have a great time and have lots of good stories to tell when you get back.

Have a great day everyone!!! No weekend plans for us - maybe a movie. My girls want to see Safe Haven.

Last edited by sports_mom; 03-01-2013 at 04:07 AM..
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
At the airport all checked in! My DD's boyfriend has never flown before.. this should be interesting! I am a big chicken when it comes to flying, but I feel like I have to "be the grown up" in case he is nervous. Can't be more nervous than me!

Secret was almost blown because my DS20's friend posted that DS was on his way to Cali.. good thing i was in the car at the time (he was dropping us off) and told him to DELETE NOW!!! Close call!

Scale was at a solid 189 this morning. Oh well.. not what I had hoped for by today, but still, that's more than 7 lbs! I am going to be very good today.. all I had was my frapp, and I have some Atkins bars for the plane. In NYC I will have to eat dinner before the next flight, but I plan to find something healthy. I am determined to NOT come back weighing MORE than when I left.. or if I do, not much!!!

Gotta get ready to board...
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Everyone!

Hope you are all doing well. It was 70+ degrees here and just gorgeous. I sealed our entry deck but didn't do much else. DH has a 1 hour gig tonight with no set up. We'll be home by 10. I took a nap this afternoon and it was so wonderful. I didn't make it to gym, maybe tomorrow. I have to get back to the chiropractor because my leg is still bothering me a lot.

Charlene--my niece is at her sons' baseball game and its 39 degrees there. BRRR. Get some rest this weekend.

Diane--on your way! Have a great time and check in to let us know how much fun you are having. When are you heading back?

Rachel--have fun in Chi-town.

I told the band I'm going to stop doing the sound for them. I'll do one more gig and then go back to being the drummer's roadie.

Have a good Friday evening.

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:46 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

OMG! Well, I am FINALLY here.. what an ordeal! Flight to NY was delayed an hour (but we weren't worried because we had a 3 hour layover).. we get to NY, they tell us what gate to go to. We find it and then go get some food. Go back to the gate and wait... for the huge plane we were getting on I thought it strange that there were hardly any people there, so I went up and asked and they said the flight was at a different gate.. so we high-tail it there and make sure it is a SD flight. The guy checks our boarding passes, and says.. our flight had been cancelled and they had put us on a connecting flight.. Im like WHAT? Aren't they supposed to call me if something like that happens? Yeah.. so I dont even know why the first flight was cancelled, I don't know when that connecting flight left, and then the one we rushed to was full and we were on stand by! We didn't get on it... so then our only choices were stay the night in NYC and fly to SD in the morning (which would cause us to miss the party), or fly to LA 4 hours later, getting to LA at 1am.. then our options were have my sister drive 2 hours to pick us up and get back to SD at 3 or 4, OR fly to SD many hours later.. which would have gotten us there 2 hours before the party and no time to shower and change, and there would have been no plan to get my parents to the party! (Im in charge of that).

Whew! So anyway, no choice really.. my sister picked us up at 1am. We drove down to SD and stopped by La Jolla cove.. I used to LOVE to go there, and when I looked it was FILLED with SEA LIONS sleeping in the sand all OVER!!!!! I was so excited! one big one let out a HUGE gaseous you-know-what.. it was SO funny! Then he looked up at us like "What??" Then we stopped real quick and had deLISHious carne asada tacos.. OMG OMG OMG.

I had wine on the flight which really helped, but I was only in a half awake half asleep state so I didn't get much sleep at all. When we got back we dropped the kids off at my brothers, and I sacked out on my sisters couch for a couple hours. Her cat kept waking me up! LOL... He slept on my hip.

When I was up the street from my parents I called my mom and asked her what was going on this weekend.. she said my Dads friend Tom was coming to visit (.. me, lol) but his flight was delayed and they were waiting for him to get there.. then I rang the doorbell and she said she had to go and would call me back because it was probably Tom.. then she opened the door and it was ME! It was PRICELESS!!!!

I feel much better after a shower.. oh, on the way here from my sisters house I stopped to get my mocha frapp at a Starbucks! I weighed myself on my moms scale and thankfully it was the same as it was at home yesterday, 189. I'm going to TRY to be good.. I haven't eaten so far today (except for the 3am taco!) and lunch will be a grilled chicken sandwich.

Anyway, I better get off of here.. I can use the wireless, so I will try to check in. Tomorrow is Disneyland.. I better get a LOT of sleep tonight.
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

How is everyone doing today? I know a few of you all are traveling? I woke up this morning with my right side in pain. It feels like I pulled my lat, but I have no clue how that happened. We went to a baby shower yesterday for dh's colleague and friend. He told dh that he and his wife want to talk to us. So we are wondering what all that is about. Dh went out this morning and did some of the grocery shopping for me. What a sweetie! I appreciate him doing that. I have to admit I've not been to the gym and have no motivation to go. I also have to admit out loud that I'm depressed. I've been fighting using those words, but it is what it is. As dh said last night, it is a perfectly appropriate reaction to all that I've been through. Naming it is the first step in changing it. I've really felt like I've been in an altered state lately. Will work in the garage a little bit today, get some more stuff cleaned out.

Diane--your story about surprising your mom brought a tear to my eye. I hope you are having a wonderful visit. When are you heading back? I always say "time to spare, go by air". I've been on the receiving end of airline dysfunction. At least you got there in one piece and in time for the party. What a cool thing!

Charlene--I hear its warmer there today. What are you up to?

Rachel--how's the trip to Chicago?

Have a great day all!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Home for lunch. Had a busy weekend. Took dd14 shopping to use one of her Christmas gift cards and then we all went to the late movie Saturday night. Saw Safe Haven. Loved it. DS25 and his wife and dog came in for the weekend as well. Loved spending time with them. Yesterday we worked in the yard some and I worked on cleaning the pool. Lots of laundry and a little bit of cleaning inside. I worked out this morning and then did some food prep which is why I didn't post earlier. JH track meet tonight for dd12. She did so well last week she got moved to a relay team! Now she's even more nervous! Varsity track meet Friday and we are helping with that one. Spring break next week. Can't wait!

Beth - {{{HUGS}}} and thoughts for you as you come to terms with all you've been subjected to lately. I hope you can get back to the gym soon - it sure seemed to get you going for a while there and you really seemed to enjoy it despite the soreness. It was a beautiful day here yesterday as well and today is shaping up nicely. If the wind will just die down - it would be perfect.

Diane - what an ordeal with the flight! That's so awesome about you surprising your mom! I bet that was wonderful!!! So happy you are there. Enjoy yourself! Hope you are enjoying Disneyland!!!

Rachel - how was your weekend?

Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

Its cooling down here and we are supposed to get some rain this week. Then it will warm back up. I did nothing yesterday. Didn't even get out of my pjs until late afternoon. Even took a nap. The medication I am now taking is making me very tired. I'm sure that will pass in a few weeks. I have my grief support group tonight. So after the 1 hour gig on Friday night, dh and I schedaddled right out the door since we didn't have to load any equipment. He heard later that one guy was looking to talk to him, wanted to know if he was a regular with the band or if he was available because he was such a great drummer. He gave a bandmember his card. Dh contacted him on FB and the guy, who has some pretty awesome musical chops, wanted to tell him that he thought he was great, had great timing and feel, and if he gets back to the studio would like to work with him and will recommend him to others if they are looking for a drummer. That was so cool. DH really needed to hear that--he tries so hard and no one really appreciates him or what he does. Drumming is not about being flashy, its about timing and setting the groove and driving the band. DH is very good at that. He is still taking lessons, learning to read charts and getting better and better. I'm very proud of him.

Charlene--so great that you dd is now running relay. She'll do great. Have you decided what to do during spring break. In California we have ski week-which is the week of President's day when all of the kids are off. And then I think they are off during holy week or the week after.

Diane--how was Disneyland? Are you having a great time?

Rachel--what's up?

Have a good day all.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/135/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Afternoon Slimmers!

Scale is moving downward but this isn't a good week for the scale anyway. I will wait till the end of the week to get back on the scale.

I had a pretty calm weekend. DD18 came home to get ready for her mission trip. We also had DH's uncle's visitation/memorial service. Yesterday late afternoon we headed to Peoria to do some shopping/eat supper before taking DD18 back to college. So all in all it was a much needed family of 5 weekend.

DS15 and I leave Saturday at 4:00 am for a weekend in Chicago. I am really looking forward to a quick getaway trip.

Just got to thinking over the weekend. From March 21, 2012 to March 23, 2014 I will only of had 1 day (March 22, 2013) without a kid with a drivers learner permit. Can you believe that???? DS15 turns 16 on March 21st and DD14 turns 15 on March 23rd.

More ice/snow is headed our way tonight/tomorrow. I am so over winter and I am ready for shorts and flip flops!!!

beth: my friend!!!

charlene: Sounds like you had a great weekend!

diane: How's Cali?
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

I. Am. So. Sleepy. Rolled into the driveway at midnight. That's hard to do on the Monday of a school week! Set the alarm for when dh has to get up, so I didn't exercise. I will have to get to bed early some this week to prep for the Friday track meet where we all have to work. That's a little harder than just sitting in the stands. DD12 got 5th place in triple jump (and would have been higher but scratched on her last jump - it was by far the best one), 4th in the 800 relay and 3rd in the 400. She did very well.

The wind woke me up during the wee hours - not sure what time but it is still blowing like crazy!

Beth - that sounds awesome that the band guy approached your dh. Cool!

Rachel - your weekend sounds amazing. So happy you got to spend time with all your chickies. I did too and it warms my heart when they are all under the same roof. I am about to send off for dd14's driver's packet too.

Diane - hope you are having a blast!!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

It is sunny but cool today, with frost on the rooftops. There is front moving in and we are going to have a few days of rain, which we need. Overall, it has been a very dry winter. I understand that the midwest is going to be hit with 10+" of snow. So glad I'm not there for that. My sil is in town and supposed to stop by this afternoon. Last night in my grief support group we each introduced our loved ones to the group via pictures or writings or whatever. It was really cool. We got to know a little bit about the ones that each of us had lost. Of the 8 women in the group, 7 had lost their mothers. And 4 of us lost our moms within a few weeks of each other. One woman was having a really hard time, the one year anniversary of her mom's death is this week. We also have one member who mother hasn't yet passed but has been on life support, in a coma, for over a year. She is a dancer and so she danced for us--it was beautiful. I'm feeling a little better today, but as we know, it comes and it goes.

Charlene--I just can't stay up late anymore and still get up in the morning. When dh has a gig we are usually home by 11 but don't get to sleep until after midnight and I feel hungover the next day. Your dd12 is doing awesome in track. She must feel great about it. It is so cool to have female athletes in the family. No such thing when I was in HS.

Rachel--I heard that many of schools in the Chicago area are closed, although I doubt Chicago Public Schools are closed. Hopefully this will be your last snow storm of the year and spring can hurry itself up and get here.

Diane--sounds like you are having a good time in SD with your family. How wonderful that you were able to get there.

Have a good day all. I must pick up the house since I will be having a visitor today.
Old 03-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #13

Afternoon Slimmers!

The snow is falling here. They are calling for 2-4" here.

I am proud to announce that I am BACK!! Something clicked today and I am back to being on plan 100%. I have even already been on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I have set some goals for the next month.

diane: Looks like you are having lots of fun in SD.

beth: Northern Illinois is suppose to get slammed with snow. Just hoping it is all gone by the weekend for my trip to Chicago.

charlene: Yikes on the late nights!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Spent the evening with our friends from the town where we moved last night. It was fun to catch up, plus he is going through a similar job thing like my dh did last year so it is good to be able to give advice and support since we've been there.

Beth - the support group sounds amazing. So glad you are going and that it helps to share and hear others and how they are coping.

Rachel - YAY!!!! I am so proud for you for being back on track. I'm not there yet but I think I am close. I did food prep Monday and am really thinking about food before I eat it. I am hoping next week on spring break I can really focus and do some major overhaul on my mindset.

Diane - love seeing the photos. Looks like you are having a great time.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:29 AM   #15

Good Morning Slimmers!

I was up 45 minutes before my alarm went off this morning. I never do that. I usually hit the snooze several times. I woke up feeling like a new person!! Day 1 under my belt and I am ready for day 2. I set some goals for myself yesterday. They are mostly fitness goals then 3 weight loss goals with clothing rewards. I managed to get 2-30 minute sessions on the treadmill yesterday. I plan to do the same today.

I am off work today. I really need to get stuff done around the house as I will be gone all weekend.

charlene: you can do this!!! It is all about getting the right mindset that is for sure. Something just clicked for me yesterday.

beth and diane:
Old 03-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #16

Change of plans for today. I slipped on the ice this morning on the way out to the car to take the kids to school. I tried to catch myself by grabbing onto the house. Well, I ended up hitting my head and pulling something in my right hand/shoulder. So I won't be doing much work on my house. I will still walk on the treadmill but probably at a little slower pace.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Its cooler today and supposed to rain. I had a great, but brief visit with my sil yesterday. She was teary when she hugged me when she got here. And she is not one to show emotion. And I was teary too. I think today I will do laundry and work on a resume to apply for a position or two. And get to the chiropractor. I'm still really down, not ready to get back on track or get to the gym. But I'll just keep chugging along, because it will click and I'll be back where I need to be. I just can't seem to force it all all. I think I mentioned that dh's friend/colleague is having their second baby and they want to talk to us. DH thinks that they are going to ask us to be godparents-which would be so cool. But anyway, I'm thinking of doing a cross-stitched quilt for the baby. After finding the quilt that my step-mom made me and realizing how much it meant that she did that, I'd like to give them something that will have some heritage value. I have quilt that my mom made that we always use when we are sick (and Zora thinks it hers). I also have an afghan that my step-grandmother made for me back when I was in high school and it was for my hope chest.

Rachel--are you having a headache since you hit your head. Take it easy today, particularly if you hit your head. Concussions can be dangerous. I hope you are OK.

Charlene--sounds like you had a fun evening. Here's hoping something clicks for us all and we'll be back on the track that we want to be on soon.

Diane--I love the photos with Jack. So very fun!

Have a good one all!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:08 AM   #18

beth: The headache is from the fall. I am taking it easy but I am feeling better. My mom keeps checking on me. I really do think I am ok though. Hang in there! It'll all click again!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

Ack! Grace, I mean, Rachel! I sure hope you're OK! That's a scary thing to happen.

Beth - that would be so cool to make a quilt for the baby. That would be an honor to be asked to be godparents.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #20

charlene: I am fine. Just sore from trying to catch myself. And people wonder why I hate winter so much. LOL I need flip flop weather ASAP!!!!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:02 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

A quick good morning! I finally got enough rest to get back up at my early time to work out. Drinking my coffee and then hitting the treadmill. Two more days and we are off. I need a break!

Hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 AM   #22

Good morning!

Scale is down 1 lb this morning. I am hoping for another lb or 2 by Saturday.

I woke up 2 hours before my alarm went off. Being back on plan and exercising has me feeling great!

Charlene: glad you were finally able to get enough rest!
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

It is cool and rainy here today but after today we will begin a very nice warm up trend. Not much going on today. I must get to the chiropractor because my back is def hurting. I told dh that I would go with him to the gym tomorrow.

Rachel--wtg on getting the scale to move. How are you feeling today?

Charlene--good for you on getting your workout in. What will you be doing on spring break?

Diane--you look like you are having a ton of fun being a tourist in SD. Enjoy.

Have a great day all!
Old 03-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #24

Afternoon Slimmers!

The detox has begun. I've had a killer headache and so blah feeling all day. I am trying to push the water but that has been a struggle today. I plan on getting atleast 30 minutes on the treadmill here shortly before supper.

beth: Hope your back feels better ASAP!
Old 03-08-2013, 03:08 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I ended up doing 45 minutes yesterday on the treadmill. I am kind of sore today. I am forgoing the workout this morning to make cookies for the kids and their friends for track meet/celebration of spring break. LOL I can't turn down requests from them and their friends and they ganged up on me yesterday afternoon. I also am helping dd12 straighten her hair this morning so that gives me plenty of time. SO READY for my spring break! We are considering resting a few days here and then heading to Arkansas to hang with friends who have a cabin in the woods.

Rachel - yikes on the headache! I had a slight one the other day but I'm sure with the SF treats I've had, I am not getting the full on detox. Hopefully that will clear up soon and you'll be on your way to total control.

Beth - hope you make it to the gym and are able to work out some frustration/anxiety. It was beautiful here yesterday and today will be a little cloudy - perfect for this track meet tonight! I am working in the pressbox doling out awards so I will stay warm and dry no matter the weather. hehehe

Diane - hope you trip hope was good and that you enjoyed your stay. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2013, 05:39 AM   #26

Good Morning Slimmers!

I am mad at the scale this morning. I was exactly the same as yesterday. I am only down 1 lb and today is day 4. I was really hoping to be down 3 lbs this week but that isn't going to happen. I am still keeping on plan 100%. I know that won't be possible at Ed Debevic's Sunday because it is a pre-set menu. Otherwise while in Chicago this weekend I will be on plan. I will have a "rest" day tomorrow from working out and on Sunday my workout will be walking the magnificent mile.

I will check in later today but then I won't be posting until Monday.

charlene: What kind of cookies are you making this morning?

Beth and Diane!!
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!

Just a quick post for now... I slept in this morning, but have to get moving and go to work. The flights home were without incident, lol.. I had chardonnay on each plane which really does help with the nerves and whatever turbulence there may be.

I was 189 on my moms scale the morning I got there, and I was by some miracle the same weight the morning I left!!! We even had lasagna the night before we left! Today however, I was up 1.4 lbs, which is not bad!!! I'm pretty happy with that given all the Mexican food I ate while I was out there! I think it was because while in SD I did a LOT of walking (although the last time I did as much walking and gained 10 lbs anyway) but yesterday was almost all sitting, so I didn't get a chance to burn off much of the buffalo burger I had at the Dallas/FW airport. I also had fries and a Pepsi... I wished afterward that I hadn't had the fries at least. That was my only meal of the day, but I had a few small snacky things, and of course the chardonnay!

It's KIND OF nice to be home... but I just have a sick feeling in my stomach. I feel guilty that I didn't spend more time with my parents and less time running around.. and I feel major stress from the need to REALLY find a job as soon as possible. Time is ticking and I have less than 3 months before my ex doesn't have to pay my rent anymore.

Charlene: I waved to you when we flew over TX.. did you see me?

Rachel: Yay for you getting back on track! Now I need to get there! With Spring being just a few weeks away, I think that will help.

Beth: It was so hard saying goodbye to my parents at the airport, but I kept it in.. my Mom said, "Well I hope you get to come back out to visit before...." She didn't finish the sentence, but I know what she meant. OMG. I kept thinking, what if this is the last time I see one of them?
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 AM   #28

I am posting my weights for the last 14 months. I want to see it in writing and let everyone know that I have been struggling for more than 14 months to get this weight back off. Seeing this makes me so mad at myself. I have got to get myself under control.

Jan 2012- 141 lbs
Feb 2012- 133 lbs
March 2012-136 lbs
April 2012- 133 lbs
May 2012- 127 lbs
June 2012- 128 lbs
July 2012- 130 lbs
Aug 2012- 130 lbs
Sept 2012- 135 lbs
Oct 2012- didn't weigh
Nov 2012- didn't weigh
Dec 2012- didn't weigh
Jan 2013- 141 lbs
Feb 2013- 139 lbs
March 2013- 136 lbs
Old 03-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

It is sunny today and we are in a warm up trend. I'm not feeling all that great today, I have a headache and feel light-headed. Don't know what that is about. Not going with dh to the gym. I feel like going back to sleep. Hopefully I'll feel better later.

Diane--glad you had a great time. BTW, airline travel can cause you to retain water because you are actually getting dehydrated up there. And drinking alcohol can make it worse. So pound down the water today. I was doing some research yesterday on vitamin supplements and found out that taking fish oil can greatly improve mood-it supplies some needed nutrients to the brain to increase the neurotransmitters. I remember you saying that you had that great day when you took omega-3. Are you continuing to do that daily? I have to head out to the store to get some today. I usually take flax seed oil, by 80% of the population is unable to get the nutrients to change to dpa/epa which is what the brain needs. DH and I have committed to taking our supplements regularly for the next month to see how we feel. We are both struggling after we had that last cold. It kicked our patootie. Did you ever get the child support issue worked out with your ex?

Charlene--have fun this evening. I bet you are really looking forward to some time off. Down time is so important in our busy lives.

Rachel--have a great time in Chicago. Say hi to my hometown!

I'm hoping I'll be feeling better soon. Have a good day all!
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Scale still up a bit.. I was good yesterday until last night.. I attacked the taffy I bought in SD! (I can't help it! They have THE best taffy flavors! chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon roll, banana..yum!) I was all set to go to step class this morning but got sidetracked. Definitely going tomorrow for step and pilates.

So it snowed in San Diego after I left? I guess it followed me there! Oh, while in Old Town I noticed all the Day of the Dead artwork everywhere, took some pictures of it.. then the next day I went to Seaport Village and started talking to one of the lady's in one of the shops.. turns out she is an artist, so we chatted for a bit, she told me she does some of the art for the Day of the Dead festival they have in November in Old Town.. I had no idea until I got home and looked her up.. she did ALL of it! Even the stuff I had taken pictures of the day before! Pretty cool.. she friended me on facebook.. she could be a good contact in SD.

Beth: That totally makes sense! That's why even when I'm good and don't even eat that much that I feel fat after flying! As for the fish oil, I really WANTED to keep taking it, but it had a side effect that was NOT good.. the kind you, ummm, have to leave the room from.

Last edited by Annie64; 03-09-2013 at 09:56 AM..