Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bethr
Stats: 289.5/224/? by ?
WOE: FMD
Start Date: First Time 4/01 Restart 4/28/14
Good morning all!

I'm feeling a little off today, tired. But then I am always that way the day after grief group. I get to meet my goddaughter today. Woo hoo! We are supposed to get some rain today. I'm going some grocery shopping and I'm going to make something for the baby's parents to eat. She is recovering from a C-Section and has a new baby. That's pretty overwhelming.

Diane--I feel mush too-not working out for a while and no core work. I've been doing the roll-out on the stability ball which really work the core. It doesn't seem like it at the time, but boy oh boy. I might get to the gym later today, but for sure tomorrow. Nothing wrong with using your maiden name--it is who you are. I made my maiden name my middle name when I got married.

Charlene--love the "good" sore feeling after a workout. I think I'm just about ready to jump back into it. I bought a foam roller for using at home. We have a few at the gym and I use there, but it really is helpful on my legs and IT band and I think I have less problems when I use it. And dh needs to use it on his thighs the nights he has a gig so he doesn't cramp up in the middle of the night.

Rachel--how are you doing? I know you've been really busy.

Have a great day all!

See my blog www.bethrado.blogspot.com

One step, one hour, one day at a time.
bethr is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-19-2013, 06:05 PM   #62
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: hhhmom74
Stats: 199.5/127/120 5'4"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: 6/22/02 restarted more than once
Evening Slimmers!

Just got off the treadmill. I did 50 minutes 3.52 miles and 545 calories burned. I was able to quite a bit of jogging. It felt great!!! Now if only my schedule would slow down so I could get on the treadmill every day.

Scale is stuck at 136. I wasn't nearly as discouraged this morning as I have been the past week. I know I am eating right and exercising when I can. I have really cut back on my diet dr pepper too. I have been several days without over the last 2 weeks.

diane: I like the idea of signing your artwork with your 1st and middle name.

beth: How was your goddaughter?
hhhmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 04:02 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: sports_mom
Stats: 253.6/203.4/175
WOE: Low Carb
Good morning. Pretty quick shoulder and ab workout this morning. Got my workout room all cleaned and a long mirror hung in there. Really starting to feel like a mini gym. The only thing I really want is an Olympic bar to do some other exercises on. DD12 got 3rd again in the 400 last night - so another medal. So cool. Tomorrow night is dd14's track meet. So funny, but I had been "off" the workout and good eating pattern for about 6 weeks and yesterday two people said, "You're still losing weight"...lol - noooooo but I'm fixing to!

Beth - beautiful pictures of your goddaughter!!! How precious!

Rachel - I love that feeling after getting a good sweaty workout.

Diane - I love the first and middle name idea too.

Hope you all have a GREAT day!
Old 03-20-2013, 04:02 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

double post....oops
sports_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:51 AM   #65
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Annie64
Stats: 245/175.6/ ? 5'8"
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 6/2/08
ARGGG! Scale jumped up 2 lbs! I did go to step class, but felt tired and bored for some reason. Meadow did GREAT in the babysitting room! That's good to know for those mornings I have her and don't want to miss class. Only problem is, for some dumb reason the babysitting opens the same time class starts WAY downstairs! Why??? It makes no sense! So I was a little late to class but luckily I had gone early and saved a spot.

I can't be on here much today, one of the boys is home sick here at work and I don't want to get caught putzing on the computer! I'll check back later...
Old 03-20-2013, 08:56 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

We are having spring showers on the first day of spring. Today is also my db's birthday. I posted pix of him and I on FB through the years. I love him so much and I know he is having a hard time with this milestone bday and the fact it is the first one without mom. I meet with my individual grief counselor today. And we are having dinner with dh's friend tonight. For some reason I'm feeling like I have too much to do this week. WTH--its not like I have a job or anything! How did I do everything working 60 hours a week? I may go to the gym today and/or the chiropractor. I want to work on the quilt alot today. My goal is to have a big body of the main part of the quilt done this week and I have a long way to go. If I don't give myself this goals, Lili will be 16 before she gets it? We got to meet her yesterday and she is just precious. Pix on FB also.

Diane--stupid scale! Didn't it know it was supposed to be going in the other direction? Great to hear that Meadow did OK with the day care so you can go to class.

Charlene--your DD is on fire! Good for her for doing so well. No excuse for exercising when you have your own mini-gym.

Rachel--you're a dr pepper fan too. I'm not so much but my bff and her mom slug that stuff down by the gallons (only they drink the full sugar kind). One morning that scale will surprise you with a big whoosh!

Must do a few things today. Have a great one all!
Old 03-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #67

Evening Slimmers!

Just finished up on the treadmill. Tonight I did 60 minutes 4.25 miles and burned 610 calories. I can feel the burn in my thighs already!! I feel like I am actually making progress in my jogging. It looks like I will only be able to get in 3 treadmill sessions this week. My goal was 5 but that just isn't possible with my crazy schedule.

I was finally back down to 134 this morning. I was so happy to see a 2 lb loss. I am just hoping the scale doesn't go back up again. I really want to be under 130 by Easter.

beth: I am a huge diet dr pepper fan but I almost never have more than 1 per day. Sometimes on show choir 20 hour days I would have 2.

diane: That's great that Meadow liked the babysitting room at the gym!

charlene: Sounds like your DD is doing a great job!
Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I slept 50 minutes past the alarm clock, so I bypassed the coffee and went straight to the treadmill. Let me just say, without that little "boost" I get from my coffee, I looked like one of the biggest loser contestants on the first workout. It was a struggle. I won't do that again. Still got in a good sweaty 30 minute workout.

Diane - love your art page! What a great way to display your paintings! I have to tell you, my mom is an artist and does a lot of pen and ink drawings and other stuff. Well, she finally took some of her stuff to a photographer who had it printed. She sold a wolf to a gallery for $600 last week! She was floored!!! She's 70 something years old and just now figuring out what she wants to do. LOL

Beth - I saw that sweet tribute to your brother. That's awesome you guys are so close. When did you say you might be coming to Texas? We might have to plan a lunch or something while you're here.

Rachel - YAY for the scale moving the other way and for the great exercise you're getting! You'll be ready for that color run in time! I need to sign up for another run soon.

Have a GREAT day everyone!
Old 03-21-2013, 08:59 AM   #69
Blabbermouth!!!

Ahhhhhghhhhh! Scale went up another lb! I didn't eat bad enough yesterday to deserve that! No TOM yet, and I'm sure that's what it's about. Not feeling much like eating today for some reason, so I hope it goes back down tomorrow.

SO stressed about deciding what to do about where to live! Ugh and the job situation.. I reapplied at Humana, they said no thanks.. the other place took the job posting down.. and I didn't get a call from the other one I applied to. Getting VERY discouraged. I may have to apply to places 40 minutes away, which to many is no big deal, but that feels like the other side of the country to me.. not to mention I can't afford the the gas going back and forth. But I may not have a choice.

Charlene: Wow! Thats great! Go Mom!!! I would love to make prints of some of my paintings, but they are so big I can't just scan them. I need to photographer who can help me with that.. probably too expensive though. Your mom is inspiring.. sometimes I feel like I'm too OLD to be starting something like this, although I KNOW it's not true.. especially with art.. but still, I do wish I was younger! (Dont we all?)

Rachel: Woo hoo on 134! At least your scale is going the RIGHT way! Mine is being a jerk! I really need to be more strict with my food though, so I can't blame the scale or TOM too much.

Beth: Yeah, Meadow was so cute when I went to pick her up.. I watched through the window for a minute - she had a wagon full of toy dishes, which she pulled over to a table where several little boys were sitting, and she served them dinner! So sweet! She did great and didn't throw a fit to leave even though she really had fun. Love that little doll! .... I saw the baby on fb.. SO PRECIOUS!!!
Annie64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:09 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all,

The sun is back but is a little cooler than normal. I always feel so much better when the sun is out. I just ordered some summer workout tops from old navy. I usually prefer nike but I am able to get 4 tops on sale at old navy for the price of one nike. I'll check them out and if I don't like them I'm not out a ton of money. So far today I feel like I want to hit the gym. I have to do a little work on my db's birthday gift (it is pictures of he and mom) so I can get that off to him.

Charlene--must have caffeine in the morning before I can do anything. I am back to trying to drink a big glass of water first thing and then have a cup of green tea. When I was sick I starting drinking Coke Zero first thing and all day long. Drank way too much. Am trying to cut back now. Don't know when I'll be heading to TX, but I will try to get there before I go back to work, even if it is just me going for a short visit. Yes we definitely must get together when I'm there! I love those pix of my me and my db. He is my hero. Ya gotta love big brothers.

Rachel--WTG on that treadmill. And that scale is finally starting to pay attention to you. Can't believe that you have a new driver in your house! Your little boy is growing up. My second oldest nephew turns 16 in August. I don't know if he has started driving yet or not. His older brother waited almost a year. I think it was because one of his friends, with whom he played baseball since T-ball, was killed in car crash the year before. It was an alcohol fueled crash. There seem to be a lot of those around here. One every few years--the attitude about drugs and alcohol in this county is really disheartening. I hear parent talk about their kids using weed like its nothing. Since DH works in the criminal justice system with drug/alcohol offenders, he sees first hand the devestation on young lives over the casual use of substances.

Diane--love your new FB page. I think you will be able to go a long way with your art. And even if you don't, if you are doing something you love and it brings you joy, then it is so worth every moment you spend on it.

Gotta get going. Have a good day all!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #71

Just a quick post from my phone. I am down another lb this morning. So happy to see a new low in 2 weeks. I will be back later for personals.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:45 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! TGIF! Got to bed at midnight after a pretty disappointing track meet. DD14 just didn't do too well and was a little snippy to boot. Makes for a short night. Thank goodness it's a rest day on the workout. I may hit the treadmill later this afternoon.

Scale at 195. Finally on my way back down as well. Took a bag of legal foods with me last night so I didn't have to eat concession stand food.

Rachel- yay on another pound being gone!!

Diane - am sure hoping some job opening rears its head and you find the perfect opportunity. Your weight may be stress related. I hope the scale starts moving for you as well....the other way.

Beth - enjoy the beautiful weather. It does make a difference in how you perceive things. Love that sunshine. I'll have to look up the old navy workout shirts.

Hope you all have a great day and the start of a great weekend. Not sure our plans...maybe going "home" and visiting family or something.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:52 AM   #73
Blabbermouth!!!

Quick post for now.. running late.. scale went down 1 lb, but that's nothing to cheer about being that I'm still way up! TOM is running a little late too.. weird. I'm SO tired of the cold temps! What happened to spring??? The forecast says cold, cold, and more cold. I'm sure when it warms up I will have more energy back. I didn't make it to the gym this morning.. didn't sleep well and pulled a muscle in my back last night by twisting weird.. but I should have gone anyway. I need it!

I am feeling very overwhelmed, and I tend to shut down when it's too much. I KNOW I need to start calling about apartments NOW.. I KNOW that I need to do a lot of things NOW.. but I get scared and shut down until something clicks back on and I jump in and get things done. I hate feeling like this though. It's really tough being single and dealing with all of this alone.

I'll check in again later.. gotta jump in the shower and get out of here!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:50 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone!

Another beautiful day today. Tonight is my last night as the sound chick for the band. I may fill in on occassion in the future but I'll be glad that I don't have to be responsible for the sound anymore. Last evening I spent several hours with my goddaughter and her mom and brother. Her mom was having trouble with her blood sugar and her dad asked me to hang out with them while he was at school. AND I went to the gym, did 36 minutes on the rower and I lifted a few weights. Nothing that I would usually do, but I figured I had to start sometime so I did some curls/overhead press combos (2 sets/8 reps/15#), rows kneeling the stability ball (2 sets/8 reps/15#) and lunge/deltoid raises (2 sets/8 reps/8#), and the roll out on the ball, flying superman, and russian twist). Hey-its something. I'll see how my body feels after that. Oh, I had a second phone interview for a job yesterday and they want to meet me down in soCal. Its looking promising. There is also another job posted that is in my wheelhouse and I'm having my recruiter contact them about it. I'm feeling a litte optimistic. Just received our tax refund yesterday too.

Charlene--sorry to hear that DD didn't have a good night. I guess it goes with being a teenager (or a human)- a occassional bad day. Hope you hit the treadmill today. I think I have decided that April 1st will be the day to get back on plan fully. The workouts are coming along, I'm feeling better physically and emotionally because of the nutritional supplementation (what a HUGE difference). Yes, I see a light at the end of the tunnel and it doesn't feel like a train.

Diane--I can so totally understand feeling overwhelmed. I find that when I start to feel like that I want to shut down too. It helps if I give myself a little goal towards the accomplishing something-like I will make one phone call/or one email. It gives me some peace that I'm doing something and one thing isn't always so overwhelming. And I can then relax for the rest of the day if I get that one thing off of my plate. Or perhaps you could get some assistance from your kids. Give them each a small task/phone call/research task-gives them some sense of accomplishment and contribution too. But just know that it will all be OK in the end. To quote from the Life of Pi "everything will be ok in the end. if it isn't OK, then it isn't the end." Its still a really tough job market out there. Its really a matter of playing the odds-the more you apply to the better your odds of getting a call back. But I must say that I am really appalled by the response (or lack thereof) from the large corporations to applications. They just ignore the efforts that people put into their applications-and the online applications are very time consuming. I won't forget the companies that didn't respond. The job market may be tight now but it won't always be. I have to recraft my resume for each job application because I have diverse skill sets and I want my resume to reflect the skill sets that are looking for. But it takes a long time to do that.

Rachel--glad your scale is finally figuring out what its supposed to do! What are you up to this weekend?

Well, I think I will take the dog to get her spring bath. Not much planned for today other than the gig and maybe some laundry.

have a great day all.
Old 03-23-2013, 04:14 AM   #75

Good Morning Slimmers!

Just a quick post this morning before I head out to FAME show choir competition. We have a 4 hour bus ride to Waukegan which is north of Chicago. Wish us luck! If we place in the top 3 we will be going to Nationals in April.

Youngest DD turns 15 today. I can't believe my baby is 15.

We are expecting 5-8" of snow tonight/tomorrow. I am so over winter and am ready for spring.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 03-23-2013, 06:37 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! I'm up with my running clothes on and am about to drive up to the park and do a few miles. It's kind of cloudy and cool but I'm going to do this. We may drive in and see my family and my nephew run track this evening. Had a bunch of kids over last night. My kids hang with some awesome, well-mannered kiddos. Love that.

Beth - look at you go girl! Woohoo on the workout (I bet you're sore today!), your last night of sound lady, and some potential job opportunities. That has to make you feel good. Enjoy your Saturday!

Rachel - have fun on the trip and GOOD LUCK!!! Hope they score high - I'll be checking Facebook to see results!

Diane - I hope today brings new hope and wonderful blessings for you. I know something is out there for you.

Have a great weekend!
Old 03-23-2013, 09:01 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

It is another sunny day and todaI am doing NOTHING! Well I will work on the baby quilt and dh is threatening to bring down the laundry. I'm very tired from the gig last night and sore. My glutes are sore from the bending and squating which I haven't done much of lately. We didn't get home until midnight last night and I was up at 7 to take the dog out and couldn't go back to sleep. I still don't have the reserves even though I am feeling better. I think it is going to take a while. I was running on empty for so long it is going to take a while to refill the tank.

Charlene--good for you for getting up and out on a Saturday. When it comes to well mannered kids I think like attracts like. You have great kids and they are drawn to great kids. Have a fun weekend.

Rachel--Waukegan! Yikes--that is way on the north end of Chicago-its on the Wisconsin border. I'll be watching FB also for news of the competition.

Diane--how you doing there kiddo? Thinking of you.

Take care all and have a good day.
Old 03-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #78
Blabbermouth!!!

I am soooooooooooo tired! I noticed that my prescription migraine meds tend to wake me up 5 hours after taking them! Earlier this week I took it at midnight.. woke up at 5am; last night I took it at 11 and woke up at 4am! I don't get it! I am still really tired when it wakes me up.. but I can't get back to sleep! (It's Midrin btw).

Went to the gym this morning even though I was tired and didn't feel like it. I did leave after the 40 mins of step, and skipped the last part that included a weight bar. My head was starting to hurt and feel funny (where I bumped it).

Well darn that groundhog! We have a winter storm watch Sun-Mon! It's actually pretty nice today.. it's almost 50, and its sunny, blue skies.. very nice! BUT.. starting tomorrow morning we are supposed to get an inch of snow, then a snow/rain mix, then more snow! All week its highs in the 30s and low 40s.. UGH.

I have a new fav. store! I don't know if you guys have Clothes Mentor where you live, or anything like it, but it's one of those stores where you can take your old clothes in and get money, or just shop... anyway, I checked it out today and WOW! My kind of stuff! It's all the styles, and brands and designers that I like and buy! I've been jealous because the teens have had their Plato's Closet, and kids and babies have "Once Upon a Child", but I didn't have anywhere to take my stuff. I bought a few really cute tops for about 5-6 bucks each.. one even has the tags still on it! I told Em about it since she likes to borrow my stuff a lot Anyway, I'm happy I have a place I can take my old clothes now and make a few bucks! (If I can get out of there without buying anything!)

I did make a call yesterday to the office in my community to see if they had any one bedrooms coming up available.. they have one now, but it's more than I thought.. I can get a two bedroom for less than that if I live just 10 minutes up the road. Not as nice, but I have to go cheap. At least I now know that staying here in a smaller place is not an option.

Scale is way up still... TOM is several days late, which is VERY odd. I can always count on him being here pretty much on time, give or take a day. Maybe it's all the stress? Cuz there is NO WAY I'm preggers! I am finally back on track today... feeling strong!

Rachel: Uhhhhhhh, I guess I shouldn't complain about getting up to 3" of snow, sounds like you are getting a lot more! Yes, I am sick and tired of the cold and gloom. GOOD LUCK! Here's to going to Nationals! Where do they have the national competition?

Charlene: Thanks.. Im trying not to get too discouraged. I have noticed I have been clenching my teeth, or gnashing them (I do that when I am extremely stressed). How was your run? I sooo wish I could do that.. but I have too many things working against me on that

Beth: I'm hanging in there! So much to figure out.. I need some good news, and soon.... Ha! My glutes are sore too! Probably from step class earlier this week.. squats. I'm not doing much today either. I did go to the gym, then the store. I NEED to finish my little project for painting class.. it's due Wednesday and I've had two weeks to do it! So like me to put it off!
Old 03-24-2013, 07:55 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got my upper body workout in today and ended up doing 3.1 miles yesterday - but mainly brisk walked it. It's amazing to me how the first time I did this LiveFit program - I wrote notes. Where it said 3x12 pushups, I did one set regular and 2 sets on my knees. Now I can do all sets regular. Proud of that!

My fluffy cat got stuck out in the storm yesterday and I haven't found her since. I drove around this morning on both sides of the subdivision where I live and can find her nowhere. She's an older cat and tends to get colds easily and it was cold last night. I'm so sad. I hope she comes home.

Diane - that's awesome about the store you found! I have several favorites myself. They are the first place I shop, especially while I'm losing weight. MUCH cheaper. Hope that stinky headache goes away.

Beth - I love that sore feeling. Makes me feel like I really did something worthy.

Hey Rachel - hope you guys are having a good weekend!
Old 03-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Another sunny day. I'm am feeling a little more energetic this morning compared to yesterday but am still pretty wiped out. Am doing laundry and planning on working on the quilt all day today. The image is starting to come together. I want to finish all the cross stitch on the body of the bear today and finish its nose. Then I will only have the border cross stitch left plus all of the outlining and then the backing. I am still amazed how little reserves I have left after that last cold I had. I think being off of work has been a blessing, it is allowing me to rest and recover from the last three crazy years. I don't know how I could work right now. Still taking the nutritional supplements and am feeling that they are working. DH says the same thing. I do know how to push myself and not pushing too hard is something I am learning. I had one of the trainers at the gym mention to me that she knows I always work hard when I am there. I guess some people show up and phone it in, so to speak, never breaking a sweat or messing up their hair or makeup. I go to sweat and breath hard--that's a workout! But then again, at least people are showing up which is better than not showing up.

Charlene--I hope your kitty finds her way back home-poor thing. I so love to watch our progress as we start doing something that is difficult but then find we can do them easily. For me it was the prone jackknife (feet on the stability ball, hands in push up position, and then you roll your feet into your chest and back out). I could barely manage 1 when I started and worked up to doing 3 sets of 12.

Diane--I hate to be the one to break this to you, but you approaching the age when irregular TOM is to be expected. Its called perimenopause. It could also be the reason behind your weight creeping up on you, your tiredness, the worsening pms, and your migraines. Hormone flucuations wreak havoc on your body. If your interested is some nutritional support that can ease symptoms, pm me and I'll share what I've learned. Its not necessary to suffer. There are also some accupressure points that you do yourself that are very helpful.

Rachel--what great news that the showchoir is going to nationals! Hope you made it home safely before the snow hit. And Happy Birthday to your DD. My youngest nephew will turn 11 on Wednesday. I can't believe how quickly they all grow up!

Have a good day all. Gonna do some stitching!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #81

Evening Slimmers!

Just a quick post as I am exhausted. Got home this morning after 3:00 am. Decided to take DD18 back to college early due to the winter weather. Well, I did leave early enough to miss the bad weather. What normally take me 1 hour 50 minutes took me just under 4 hours. It was near blizzard like conditions. We are up to 10" right now.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:57 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning! Got in day 9 of LiveFit - back and biceps. Feels good to be doing a routine again. Still no sign of kitty. Makes me so sad. She is our cuddly one. Had extra kids here all weekend and we went geocaching some and watched a lot of movies. Love weekends like that. However, it has been cold again and dd12 has her district track meet tonight. For the last track meet, you'd think we'd have warm weather - but no, it'll be a wrap-in-a-blanket kind of night. DD14's track meet is Thursday and then I'm down to one a week.

Beth - your posts seem like you are feeling better and feeling stronger again. How is the quilt looking?

Rachel - that is so awesome about the choir! Wonderful news! I know you must be wiped out though. I can't believe you are getting so much snow!

Diane - How was your weekend? Headache better?

Hope you all have a GREAT Monday!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #83
Blabbermouth!!!

What a wasted weekend! I was really feeling yucky Saturday.. I felt ok the first half of the day, then started getting reeeeally tired and took a long nap. Woke up feeling achey and "off"... Sunday I woke up with chest or lung pain.. I thought I was getting really really sick! Then it dawned on me that I have had that pain before and it was caused my acid reflux! I had forgotten to take my meds the day before, but wow! To cause all that pain? Sheesh! I took my meds and supplemented with Tums, and after a while it went away. I really need to see a specialist when I can afford it. Maybe in the fall if and when I get more school money. One of my best friends texted me from the hospital last week and said she had been admitted for chest pain, and it turned out to be acid reflux. Nasty nasty thing to have when it gets this bad... the chest pain and then the aspirating acid into your lungs.. I haven't had that happen since I elevated my mattress thank goodness!

I DID get some artwork done finally.. I have been wanting to, but I am so stressed out I just couldn't make myself sit down and do anything. I started a black lab oil pastel in December for my son, but it got put on the backburner when classes started again in Jan. I am almost done! Just a few tweaks, and fix the eyes a bit. Black dogs are kind of hard! I think it has come out decent since the picture he gave me wasn't very clear at all.

Beth: NoooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooo! I don't want to hear that!!! I guess that could be what the problem is.. TOM STILL hasn't come to visit! I just have nothing to go by because my mom and older sister both had hysterectomies before menopause. I am SO not looking forward to it. Is forgetting how old you are part of it? I argued with my older sister than I was only 47, and she kept insisting that I was 48! I realized she was right.. dang it! I'm older than I thought!

Rachel: Oh my gosh.. I hate driving in the snow! So glad you made it there and back ok! We hardly got anything here! They were talking of between 3-10" or more depending on where you live, more to the north of me, but I still thought we would have a snow day and I wouldn't have to go to work. Oh well! I get next week off while they go to Hilton Head!

Charlene: Awww poor kitty! I hope she comes home too! And doesn't get sick! Maybe someone took her in and is keeping her safe and warm! .... yes, my head feels better.. the concussion stuff comes and goes, but it's not bad. It feels really weird at times. I know it takes time to heal, but I still can't believe I hit my head that hard picking up a sock! My older sister who had a pretty bad concussion from a karate kick to the head said as you get.. gulp.. older, it can take longer to heal from things like that. Ugh. I HATE all this getting older crap!
Old 03-25-2013, 02:09 PM   #84

Afternoon Slimmers!

We ended up getting about 15" of snow in less than 12 hours. We dug up this morning with the help of my dad and his snowblower. Of course, we had a snow day too.

diane: How are you feeling today? I hope you find your kitty soon.

charlene: I sure we had nicer weather so we could go geocaching. Hoping it'll start acting like it is spring out so we can do that.

beth: What's the weather in Cali? It feels like 21* here.
Old 03-25-2013, 05:31 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone!

I went to the gym today and did 36 minutes on the rower and a little bit of weight work - nothing like my usual workouts. And I left feeling like I had absolutely nothing left. I was so tired I felt like I could come home and go straight to sleep. I ate something and then had a lot of paperwork to do. I'm still really tired but I don't think I'll fall over. Weather is kind of cool here - in the high 50s and partly cloudy.

Rachel--15" of snow I don't miss that at all. Glad you are safe and sound.

Charlene--WTG on getting the exercise in! Hope your kittie is home soon. The quilt is coming along. I've finished the body of the bear and outlined the nose-it is so cute now that I can see it with color. Am working on the border today.

Diane--I have a problem remembering how old I am during the years that end in 7. When I was 27 I thought I was 28. That was true in all the other decades too. Don't know what that's about. Getting older is not that bad. Lots of good things come with age. Did I hear you say black lab painting? Oh boy-you know that will be my all time favorite and you'll have to get it photographed for prints because I will DEMAND one ..

Have a good evening all!
Old 03-26-2013, 04:39 AM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Got in a leg workout, baked cookies for my kids' friends (one has a birthday today) and then made some banana muffins for dh with some ripe bananas. Productive morning, I'd say. LOL

DD12 got 3rd again in the 400 in district and beat her time by 2 seconds. She was out in front, got passed by a rival school and then the last 50 yards came back and beat her. Exciting race and I got it on video! She also got 4th in Triple jump and jumped her best jump of the season. She's done. After this week, only dd14 has track meets.

Rachel - YIKES on the snow! Holy smoke! I can't even imagine.

Beth - good for you for getting in your workout. You'll have to post pics of the quilt when you're done.

Diane - can't wait to see the lab painting.

Have a GREAT day! gotta run get the kids up
Old 03-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning all!

Man am I tired this morning. I slept well last night but I wake up once dh gets up at 6ish and can't get back to sleep. I may have to nap today but that then messes with getting to sleep at night. I just wasn't feeling well last night at all. Today I am going to go to the grocery store and then hang out at home working on the quilt. I just put in tikka masala chicken in the crockpot. I've never had it but since Diane is always raving about it, I decided to try it. The receipe is quite simple. I'll serve it with rice and I'm thinking I'll get some ajvar and kajmak to serve with it. Ajvar is a Serbian relish made from roasted red peppers and eggplant. I can buy it at trader joes. Kajmak is a type of spreadable cheese. I don't know where to get it here so I use goat cheese instead. We spread it on flat bread. I'm a bit sore from my workout yesterday. I really don't understand why I am so very tired.

Charlene-very productive morning for you! Awesome results for your DD. I will post pix of the quilt when its done and given to the baby. I didn't even have the desire or patience to work on it yesterday-that's how wiped out I was.

Diane--how's that painting coming along? And how are you feeling?

Rachel--how's the snow? I bet it will be gone soon though.

Must clean the bird cage and then head to the store. Have a good day.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

I also noticed that someone has hijacked the Slimmer by Summer thread title. So be sure to look for ours, which will always have a month in the title.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #89
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok.. I think I "woke up" last night.. realized how freaking close I am to 200. SOOOOOO not acceptable. 195 is NOT ACCEPTABLE! Especially since I WAS down in the 70's. Ugh. I feel like I am on an extended PMS thing with the food, and the major stress doesn't help either. No excuse though.. who is in control? Me or TOM? (or lack there of.. still a no show!) I need it to be ME in control.

Ew. I actually had to talk to the ex on the phone. I felt like I needed to take a shower afterwards. He was checking up on DD's schoolwork since one of her teachers had called him since she hadn't heard from DD. The way this credit recovery works is, she can either do the classwork, or test out of it. Well, she waited to test out the last week, and her teacher didn't know what was going on, so my ex freaks out and is like WHY hasn't she turned in any work? Sooo.. umm... NOW suddenly he is interested? He has not ONCE asked about her grades, didn't respond when I sent him a text saying she had all A's and B's and her GPA was up quite a bit. Not a word. It's his last ditch effort to be a dad I guess. Em told me last night as I was helping her with her homework, that she doesn't even really feel like she has a dad. My DS22 hasn't talked to him in 6 months. Nice. I can't stand him as a person, but I'm still sad for the kids that they feel that way about their dad. Once he doesn't have to pay my rent or child support anymore.. yeah, it's going to be VERY hard financially, but at the same time very freeing because IF I choose to tell him what I really think.. I CAN! He will have nothing over my head.. nothing to threaten me with, and that will be a huge relief. Chances are more times than not I will take the high road though.

I am going to try to finish the dog tonight, but I also have to finish the transfer painting for class tomorrow. I have had two weeks, but you know me.. waiting until crunch time! I also have a big psych exam this week. Ugh.

I'm so excited! I'm off Friday and all next week. I'm getting Miss Meadow Friday and taking her to the zoo Saturday for a children's Easter thing. Can't wait! I'm going to get some animal pics while I'm there too for possible future projects. I am at the point where I prefer to paint from my OWN pictures (or if I'm doing a painting FOR someone, using their picture is fine). Anyway, it's supposed to be sunny and in the mid-50s! Meadow has been asking her Mom when she can go paint with Nanna some more.

Beth: I'm not sure this painting is going to be "print worthy" but I plan to do a lot more animals in the future.. I might need models.. any ideas? Anyway, when I take a picture of it, it doesn't look nearly as good as in person... some of the blending gets taken away somehow. The whites especially. It was really hard using the picture my son gave me.. very washed out! I'll post it soon...

Charlene: No sign of Miss Kitty yet? woooo! I don't know how you do it with all the baking! I would so cave!

Rachel: We didn't get nearly the snow they were predicting! MAYBE a couple inches, but since it was mixed with rain, it is mostly gone already. Thank goodness it looks like Spring is finally arriving in a few more days!
Old 03-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #90
Blabbermouth!!!

Hahaha let me clarify.. my ex was not simply concerned about DD's schoolwork.. he was being his usual self about it... he gets this TONE.. it's like, an accusing tone. This is how he twists things: I had told him Thursday night that I was going to tell DD to call her teacher, and that I would as well. I tried Friday, but she didn't answer, I got another call so I didn't leave a msg. Then it was the weekend. Monday MORNING he sends me an email that doesn't say anything to me, it was just him emailing the teacher (Friday afternoon) asking if she had heard from us yet! (It was his way of saying.. I'm on top of this and checking on what you said).. So that night (after I had talked to the teacher), he calls me and says in a jerk tone and says, "Why do i have to find out from her teacher that no one bothered to call her?' LOL.. (uhhh because you sent the teacher an email after one day you idiot!) He said that I told him that DD ALREADY called him (no, I said I would TELL her to call). Then he tried to tell me I told him DD and I would call the teacher a WEEK AGO! Wow. I said, "IT WAS THURSDAY NIGHT!" and he say's, "No, it was a week ago, I still have the text messages".. I said, "SO DO I.. read them!" Heck, I had just looked at them. This is what he does! He twists things and tries to catch you in a "lie" when he is the liar. He thinks he's so good at lying that he knows how to catch people in their lies. More often than not, people are honest, but he doesn't believe anyone.. he's not honest, why would anyone be?

Sorry for the vent, I'm just so aggravated. I haven't had to deal with his BS in a while. It won't be long.. and I won't HAVE to deal with it. I CAN"T WAIT!!!!! He is in for a BIG surprise. I'm not taking any crap anymore.

Apparently I am NOT off Friday or next week.. I may have shorter days, but the dad is can't take off work, so he isn't going on vacation with the family.. therefore the dog isn't going to boarding, and I was told they need me to come take care of her and whatever they decide I need to do. That's fine, it just stinks when you ALWAYS get that time off, expect it, then... don't. It may be because I went to Cali, but I NEVER call in sick.. I've worked there 6 years and have only called in a few days! (they give me 6 per year).. I'm not complaining really, they give me random days off if they go on a trip.. they are SUPER good to me.. I'm just disappointed.. I wanted to get a lot of work done at home preparing for the move and everything. Time to downsize again.

Anyhooooo.... I did a lot better today, although I did make a few bad choices at work.. I'm good for tonight.. I don't feel like eating bad and I will be busy. I am actually craving a salad, but don't have the stuff for one.

Last edited by Annie64; 03-26-2013 at 02:54 PM..