Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #181
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: CJMO
WOE: My way mixing it low carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb View Post
you calling me a arz?

CJMO is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #182
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I gave up all the other diet options I have been trying because I haven't lost anything. So I'm back on induction and the scale is moving. I was reading where some people drink bullion or take electrolyte tabs, drinks to counter act the lightheaded feeling so I may try that if it starts happening again. No more falling off ladders for me !

Cold here. We had a good freezing rain/ sleet last night. Looks like a lot of it is gone. Doing Housework and getting ready to take off for the LH to work this weekend.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Grandma Jo
Stats: 258.5/199.6/150
WOE: low carb , pole walking and show shoeing
Start Date: 29 Aug 2011, restart 12 Jan 2014
Cheryl welcome back to the evils of induction! We can do this together. This is my fourth day and I am doing remarkably fine. Scales seem to me moving but I will check tomorrow as its my normal weigh day and see what chances come up after my bad weigh in on Tuesday morning. VLC seems to be the way I have to live, not just to lose weight but just not to gain and to feel good . And thats ok , I know I will slip from time to time but I won't fall. Just like it was ok to be crazy for two weeks in Disney but thats vacation and this is real life. You can do it!! Just plan ahead, think about what you are going to eat in advance. I am having deep fried chicken drumsticks with buffalo wing sauce for supper , I know not really healthy but for induction its perfect and I feel like I am spoiling myself. Friday night has always been junk food night and since we seldom eat out its the night I cook fries and chicken finger and all that crap and they love it since its the only day of the week I will cook junk. So I have either wings or drumsticks and it works everytime. My Saturday morning weight is always my lowest of the week. Go figure. I take potassium and magnesium every day and during induction tend to salt my food a little more that really helps but broth and some of the zero electrolyte drinks can fix it very quickely. Its hard when your electrolytes go out of balance and I hate that feeling so I am careful to try and avoid it. How much weight do you still want to lose? We are getting more snow seems like it just doesnt want to be spring and there is going to be lots of water when this starts melting. Hopefully no flooding! One hour at a time with this induction the best part is when you are straving anymore, I love that feels.
Grandma Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Pat welcome back its nice to see everyone checking in. Sometimes life gets busy but we always find the way home. Deb I will check out photobucket and I still have one chicken breast waiting for me for lunch. Chicken salad I think. Laura I am the worst golfer all my family golfs including my mother but it just seems like alot of work to me since I spend all my time in the woods. Cheryl sorry to hear about the job losses, seems like there is alot of that going on these days. I wouldn't mind a 4 day will be I can see how it would be hard for some people. They did that here years ago and people didnt like it.

Last edited by Grandma Jo; 03-22-2013 at 08:06 AM.. Reason: I wasn't finished..*L*
Old 03-22-2013, 08:40 AM   #185
Deb
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Deb
I have to to you induction people

can i still be your friends?
Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #186
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jo it is induction for me too. I have tried so many different ways that didnt work. Fried drumsticks sound yummy. We go out for fried chicken every Sat at the lake. I will just have to resist the crust. but it will be well worth it. I have 17 lbs to lose or maybe a little more. I will see when I get there. I know it may not sound like a lot but it is on my small 5' frame. If I get back to my premenopausal weight I would need to lose 24 lbs. I'm not sure at this age I would good at that weight, or if it would even be attainable

When do you get Spring up there? We should have started here but it is just teasing us. We mark seasons by weather events. Flood season- from rains not melting snow, tornado , draught and fire, etc.

We are partners in this.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 AM   #187
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Always!
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 AM   #188
Deb

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJMO View Post
If I get back to my premenopausal weight :
THIS for me too.......

i didnt scale the year i met the L/B but im sure i am up 15lbs

i am going to be 50 in july
Old 03-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #189
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: misty1028
Stats: high 189 to 115 restart 169/139/120
WOE: low carb-Atkins/South Beach
Start Date: 1st-9-13-04 restart 1-1-11
Nice sunny day today, and the weather man just said chances of snow flurries headed for the Bershires. Mother Nature just won't let up for us. No more shoveling for me, my back is killing me. Called my Dr for some pain pills. And to top it off I woke up with laryngitis. DH loves it

Cheryl I'm back on SB induction for awhile too. The scale is slowly starting to go up. My own fault eating all the goodies when my GD was with me last week. So quick to gain and so slow to lose. Hope it warms up for your trip to the LH. What projects do you have going up there now?

Jo wow more snow for you too. I don't have to worry about flooding around me. When it melts around my cottage it just rolls down into the lake. The worse part is it takes along time for the grass to dry.

Pat welcome back. Do you have to buy a new computor or just get it fixed?

Laura I love real pizza, had it last week when GD was staying with me. She loves to eat and I ate all the goodies with her, now I paying the price.

Deb I made backed chicken yesterday too. Today making spaghetti. Cooking the sauce all day and then adding whole sausages. What you making.
misty1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #190
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
THIS for me too.......

i didnt scale the year i met the L/B but im sure i am up 15lbs

i am going to be 50 in july
Youngster!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:16 AM   #191
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misty1028 View Post
Nice sunny day today, and the weather man just said chances of snow flurries headed for the Bershires. Mother Nature just won't let up for us. No more shoveling for me, my back is killing me. Called my Dr for some pain pills. And to top it off I woke up with laryngitis. DH loves it

Cheryl I'm back on SB induction for awhile too. The scale is slowly starting to go up. My own fault eating all the goodies when my GD was with me last week. So quick to gain and so slow to lose. Hope it warms up for your trip to the LH. What projects do you have going up there now?

Jo wow more snow for you too. I don't have to worry about flooding around me. When it melts around my cottage it just rolls down into the lake. The worse part is it takes along time for the grass to dry.

Laura I love real pizza, had it last week when GD was staying with me. She loves to eat and I ate all the goodies with her, now I paying the price.

Deb I made backed chicken yesterday too. Today making spaghetti. Cooking the sauce all day and then adding whole sausages. What you making.
Well he is taking the hole borer done so I suspect we will be hanging the new doors on that end of the LH.

Is your lake level steady? Or are you high enough to be out when it rises? We thought we were. But one year it got up to us. No damage except the yard and one tree died. We get a lot of trees and debris on the shoreline during flood season from the rivers that feed the lake.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:28 AM   #192
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

When we flooded

IMG_0962.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg
Old 03-22-2013, 10:36 AM   #193
Blabbermouth!!!

Cheryl they draw the lake way down in the fall so no flooding for any of us. Wow hope you don't ever have to go through that again. Your poor lawn. And looking at your swing, that really came up high. What a beautiful lake though, it looks really big.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #194
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It is a very big lake. Called Grand Lake in NE Ok. They draw ours way down right before Labor Day. This event it was lapping the top if the dam but it is a chain of lakes and everyone below us was severely flooded too. One of those rare things for it to be that bad. Army Corp of Engineeres takes over the dam when a certain level reached and it was a mess. Lots of towns along the lake and were flooded bad and sued the Corp. they came to some arrangement and when the big rains are coming they draw the lake down a day or two before. And bought out a bunch of property and declared area flood plains so they cant rebuild. Still floods but not like that.

Are your pain pills helping?
Old 03-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #195
Deb

Cheryl that flood scares me

Misty pass the speggetti..
i think we are going out tonight ????

just bought 4 turkeys..on sale $0.90 a pound

got home and the mail lady was here with my govt check
Old 03-22-2013, 11:38 AM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Always!
Old 03-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jo it is induction for me too. I have tried so many different ways that didnt work. Fried drumsticks sound yummy. We go out for fried chicken every Sat at the lake. I will just have to resist the crust. but it will be well worth it. I have 17 lbs to lose or maybe a little more. I will see when I get there. I know it may not sound like a lot but it is on my small 5' frame. If I get back to my premenopausal weight I would need to lose 24 lbs. I'm not sure at this age I would good at that weight, or if it would even be attainable

When do you get Spring up there? We should have started here but it is just teasing us. We mark seasons by weather events. Flood season- from rains not melting snow, tornado , draught and fire, etc.

We are partners in this.
Well with luck we will get spring in April but sometimes it into may before the river breaks and until the ice moves out it doesnt get that warm out. Our house is right beside the river and the main dike is banking our yard. We have had the ice come right up on the dike but so far never over it since we moved here. Just alot of places with alot of snow that flow into the river this year but I am sure it will be fine. We will be under flood watch likely fairly early in April because there is so much snow in the bigger towns that they will likely have to let the dam go early and once they do that it all heads our way. We mark spring by break up and winter by freeze up. Fire season is summer and fall is normally nice.
Yup we are partners we can do this.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
You don't want to be dealing with that to often, it gets scary!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

What fun another one on induction , we should be a cranky group..Kidding we can all do this no problem in fact I think I am threw the worst of it now. Yes more snow but now the sun is shinying and its suppose to get over zero this weekend so the snow will start to melt and it will be a mess...mud season
Old 03-22-2013, 12:04 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Cheryl that flood scares me

Misty pass the speggetti..
i think we are going out tonight ????

just bought 4 turkeys..on sale $0.90 a pound

got home and the mail lady was here with my govt check
Holy crap .90 a pound I was looking at them the other day because I intend to get one for Easter and normal average size ones are running about 48 dollars, I want to go shopping where you are...I love turkey!!! Lucky you with your govt check, I need to think about doing our taxes. Have to pay off the bills from Flordia and we always get money back because of our Northern Deduction. Have a great weekend
Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

After all this time can you all guess I just figured out this quote thing.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #202
Blabbermouth!!!

Deb I trade you spaghetti for a turkey. Our right now is so expensive but our ham is on sale for 99 cents a lb. so going to buy 3. Pea soup will be made soon. Party at your house, you got your check

Jo we usually don't really have a thaw until end of April. Right now the ice on the lake is 16 inches thick. I alway ask the ice fishermen, so I know it's safe for the Grandkids can go out on it. Lightly snowing with sun here too. 2nd day back on induction and DH says he would love cheese bisquit with the spaghetti I love them.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:31 PM   #203
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

$48 for a turkey? Whew!!

Lol on the quotes!

You live by a dike watching the ice flows/ blocks could be fun tho.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #204
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Deb I trade you spaghetti for a turkey. Our right now is so expensive but our ham is on sale for 99 cents a lb. so going to buy 3. Pea soup will be made soon. Party at your house, you got your check

Jo we usually don't really have a thaw until end of April. Right now the ice on the lake is 16 inches thick. I alway ask the ice fishermen, so I know it's safe for the Grandkids can go out on it. Lightly snowing with sun here too. 2nd day back on induction and DH says he would love cheese bisquit with the spaghetti I love them.
I love homemade spaghetti . We can dream more snow? Played on the ice lately?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yeah the flood was a little scary because we can get big trees in the water. Smack the place and knock it off its perch. But it won't do that until we finish remodeling
Old 03-22-2013, 01:28 PM   #206
Deb

Jo do you have Great Canadian Super Store or the Whole-sale club??

thats were turkeys are on sale right now
Old 03-22-2013, 01:30 PM   #207
Deb

Quote:
Party at your house, you got your check

I know I know

i havent had a govt check with my own name on it in years
im going to pay a couple of bills of and change the rest into American money for our trip.

Misty i love ham and pea soup

you bring the soup and i will break out the merlot
Old 03-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #208
Deb

Laura have A great date-night

after chatting with you my man asked me to go out for date-nite too

nite everyone and happy friday
Old 03-22-2013, 08:52 PM   #209
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Hope you have fun Deb ! We did. Great food ( on plan ) - beef fajitas, shrimp with jalapeno wrapped in bacon, really good salad and guacamole

Ended up not going to movies, just piddling around in Houston and just got home . He was so sweet
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Jo do you have Great Canadian Super Store or the Whole-sale club??

thats were turkeys are on sale right now
ya right Deb we have one store , a Northern Store and did pick up my turkey today for Easter it was on sale 2.68 a lb. Groceries up here are nuts for sure.