Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 08:16 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sweetpoison
Stats: 225/225/160
WOE: 80/20 PRIMAL
Start Date: 05/16/2014
HEALTHY AND LEAN IN 2013

O.K. friends.... here we are... for anyone interested. We are a "Group" of people with the same goal... to become healthy and lean for the 2013 year.

This is a place to meet and discuss your success and your "opps" also. No special diet..... just whatever works for you. Since we are all different in our approach to whatever plan we choose to follow please do not down anyone for their WOE.

Well... here goes.... this is me.

Well…. Here I am again….. not quite back to where I started on July 5, 2012…. But, headed in that direction. Gained 18 of the 33 I had lost back. Feel like crap. I remember swearing to myself I would never do this to myself again……. I lied.
Well…… I am not one that can just take up where they left off…. So I am starting new… again!
It is time to just pick up my sorry a$$ and get something done.

Its really 80% about my health at this point and only 20% about looks, although yes, I want to look better… to get rid of the bloat and be all that I can be…. But bottom line is health. I feel like crap everyday…… makes it so hard to get started when you never feel good to begin with. It has an affect on every aspect of my life.
Stepped on the scale this a.m. and it screamed 228. I am not surprised at all… sick yes… surprised no.
Well…. Today is another day. It’s a new day and so we begin again. I will try to update daily… maybe that will help. I “MUST” drop 68 lb. It does not sound like a lot to some… but to me it has become Mt. Everest. My goal is a Healthy 160. I do not strive to be stick thin…… Just normal….just to feel good, physically and mentally.
I finally posted an avatar that is me…now…..what can I say…. While it is not a bad picture for a 60 (April 9) year old woman…… it could be so much better. My face and eyes are bloated….and well…… it is just depressing to look at. I know I can never be 30 again.. or even 40…. But really… I can do better!!!
Well enough of my “Pity Party”….. I will measure myself in the a.m. I am sure that will be an eye opener.

Welcome all ..... I am sure I will not be in this alone.... hope not anyways.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 06:06 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KirbyTris
Stats: 252/230/150
WOE: Low Carb
Thanks for starting this group, SweetPoison!

This is great to have a place where we can check in to help us to be accountable with our plan and to also gain support and encouragement.

I am currently 225 pounds. My highest weight was 252. My picture is when I got down to 170 pounds in 2010-11. At that time, I had lost 80 pounds low carbing with the help of a devastating time in my life…my husband of over 30 years blind-sided me with leaving me for another woman. It’s now been three years and I fell off the wagon and have gained back over 60 pounds. Yikes!

I am looking forward to this journey with you all. I somehow hit the jackpot three weeks ago and started back on a low carb high fat diet. I also eliminated all diet soft drinks and other beverages with no calorie sweeteners. I bet I was drinking gallons of that stuff in one day. I truly believe that even though those drinks had no calories or carbs, my body still recognized the sweetness and the cravings were horrible and all I did was binge.

In the past three weeks, I have only lost 7 pounds, but I have gained so much more. I feel like a million bucks, I have tons of energy, my clothes fit me so well, and I am getting lots of compliments. My hot flashes have also diminished tremendously. What a gift!

I haven’t started exercising yet, and I plan to start this weekend. I wanted to get my diet straightened out first, and now it’s time to hit the gym. I have a few pieces of equipment in my basement, and I also want to hit the pavement and get out walking.

Getting rest is important too, so I am going to call it a night.

Good night!

Cheryl
KirbyTris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow..... we might be alone here. Oh well....... we can do this.
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

YES, we can do this! Looking forward to doing this with you. How's your day going?

I am having a VERY frustrating day at work. I am so glad I am on program with my way of life (low carb), or I would be spending all my money on the vending machines today.

Cheryl
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well.....lets just say it has been one of those days..... I have not been as good as I should have.... but better than usual. Work is an issue..... People get me all agrivated and then it is hard to drop the junk and I dont need money for the vending machine... my principal (I work in a school) keeps an office full of junk to munch on. It is much easier in the summer
sweetpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:54 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I work in a school, too. I work for a college. No principal there, but I do work in the Office of Academic Affairs. I am lucky that everyone in my office is very careful about their weight. My boss lost over 100 pounds over the past two years. He had gastric bypass surgery, but it's a constant battle for him to keep the weight off. He is successful when he follows a low carb plan.

I jumped on the scale today and lost another pound. I have now lost 10 pounds since Christmas. Love this way of eating!