Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Low Carb Challenges! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/)
-   -   7-day Movement Challenge w/ reward (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/low-carb-challenges/797468-7-day-movement-challenge-w-reward.html)

LoriAS 02-19-2013 11:38 AM

7-day Movement Challenge w/ reward

Many times I think we get go "busy" to move. Choose something you do not normal do, include how many minutes a day you are going to do it and include a reward you are going to give yourself at the end of the 7th day (in a row) of the completed movement. Post when you can and definitely tell us about the reward when you get it!! Start a new 7 days with a new reward when you finish. I'll start:

Movement Duration Days Completed Reward
Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........0......................New Top

LoriAS 02-20-2013 05:42 AM

Ok, I flopped last night. I had to go shopping for a job interview cook dinner, drop the daughter off for 4H and attend my 2 year old. By the time I stopped and thought about the treadmill it was 9:30pm. I skipped it again. Blech! Ok, today is now the official start day and I am determined to get on the treadmill. My kiddos have youth group at church tonight and the Y is only 1 1/2 blocks away. I am going dressed for the gym and after I drop them off going to walk the track for my "treadmill" time. It starts today!!!

2f2f 02-20-2013 06:30 AM

I am going to do 20 minute turbo jam DVD daily - Started this morning, and it was the fastest 20 minutes of my life. So much fun!

Monica......Turbo Jam.......20 min.........1..................Manicure/Pedicure

LoriAS 02-20-2013 06:41 AM

ohhh, I like the mani/pedi idea. That will have to be my 2nd 7 day reward!

I will also have to check out this turbo jam. It sounds like fun! Congrats on 1 day towards the mani/pedi!

2f2f 02-20-2013 06:48 AM

Thank's Lori! I bought the program years ago and just decided to start using it:o

There are 2 discs and 3 or 4 routines on each disc. I chose the 20 minute one for the mornings, because it's fast and fun. I am going to try and do Cardio Party or the Abs one on Monday and Wednesday nights - sometimes evening exercise is hard because life happens. That's why I chose the mornings because the only thing getting in my way is me!

Okay, 1 day down and 6 more to go!

LoriAS 02-20-2013 07:09 AM

I like that you are reminding me about my mornings being mine. I have 4 children at home and when they get up, my day is usually not mine anymore. I have been contemplating getting up an hour earlier to have some exercise and "me" time. I need to just DO it and stop thinking about it ;) .

2f2f 02-21-2013 06:08 AM

I am actually shocked that I woke up this morning and exercised. We went to a basketball game last night and I didn't get home until 11:00 and was not in bed until close to 12:00. When my alarm went off this morning in my head I was like NO WAY - then I thought - will you really go back to sleep for 30 minutes? What good will that do? Will you honestly be less tired? Well I didn't like my answer to any of those questions so I got my lazy butt out of bed and did the Turbo Jam video and I'm happy I did!

Monica......Turbo Jam.......20 min.........2..................Manicure/Pedicure

2f2f 02-22-2013 06:13 AM

Well, I woke up again this morning and did the video. I put turbo jam in a calorie calculator and it said that a person at my weight burns 361 calories in those 20 minutes - awesome!

Monica......Turbo Jam.......20 min.........3..................Manicure/Pedicure

Now tomorrow is going to be tough doing this video. I'm going Hiking which the trail usually takes me about 1 1/2 hours so I'm usually exhausted when I'm done. Maybe I will try and squeeze it in before I go. Who knows.

Lori - How are you doing?

LoriAS 02-24-2013 12:26 PM

Terrible. I have to put my foot down and take time for me. I keep letting life gay in the way.

2f2f 02-26-2013 08:31 AM

Well I got 4 days in, and then did not do it on Sunday or Monday :sad:

I am going to Vegas at the end of the week so I can't get 7 days in. I will start when I get back next week!

LoriAS 02-27-2013 10:19 AM

sounds good, I have to get in the groove so maybe we can both be on the same page!

2f2f 02-28-2013 08:05 AM

Sounds good. I like this idea and really wanted to do a pedicure and manicure before I went to Vegas (I've already bought a groupon). But I'm not going to reward myself since I did not make my goal. When I get back from Vegas, IT's ON!

LoriAS 03-01-2013 02:48 PM

Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........1......................New Top

FINALLY! Getting back "on the horse" is soooooo difficult. But I hope that this is just the beginning of my 7 day "run".

Woohoo!

ETA: 29:15 run/walk intervals, 1.9 miles, 280 cals.

LoriAS 03-04-2013 07:59 AM

On treadmill 20 min sat and 29 min sunday. Looking forward to it again this afternoon!

4 more days until I get a new top!! Woooohooooo!

Hope you had a great time this weekend. Now time to get back at it!

Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........3......................New Top

LoriAS 03-05-2013 09:51 AM

20 more minutes on treadmill last night!

3 more days until I get a new top!! Woooohooooo!

Come back 2f2f.

Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........4......................New Top

LoriAS 03-05-2013 08:37 PM

29:15 on the tread tonight makes it day 5!!

Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........5......................New Top

LoriAS 03-06-2013 07:06 PM

20:32 minutes on the treadmill tonight makes 6!! One more day!

Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........6......................New Top

2f2f 03-07-2013 01:06 PM

Way to go Lori!

Starting on Saturdy with my Turbo Jam - still feeling Vegas - lol.

LoriAS 03-07-2013 03:50 PM

I think I will do a lifting/treadmill rotation next after a day of rest ;)

Day 7 complete! Going shopping tonight!

Lori......treadmill..........20 min.........7!.....................New Top

2f2f 03-08-2013 08:20 AM

Awesome job Lori!

LoriAS 03-08-2013 08:27 AM

Resting today, starting back tomorrow (maybe ;) )

Lori......anything cardio..........20 min.........0.....................Manicure

bdladie 03-08-2013 08:32 AM

Oh I would like to join 7 days of Wii Zumba 20 minutes.

I have been really pushing my exercise and this will help me stay on track.

I think my reward will be a new top. I was trying not to buy new clothes till I got some more of this weight off but 1 top will be good.

2f2f 03-08-2013 08:38 AM

Lori......Anything Cardio.....20 min.....0.....Manicure
Monica.....Turbo Jam.....20 min.....0.....Manicure/Pedicure
Tania.....Wii Zumba......20 min.....0.....New top

LoriAS 03-08-2013 11:45 AM

YAY! I'm looking forward to this!

:welcome: Tania!!

bdladie 03-09-2013 09:23 PM

Ok I am down 2 days out of 7!!! I also went to the gym today and did interval training on the treadmill for 45 minutes. OMG hard work.

LoriAS 03-11-2013 04:59 AM

Tania.....Wii Zumba......20 min.....2.....New top

I was completely unmotivated this weekend. However, I plan to jump on the treadmill as soon as I get home from work today!

2f2f 03-11-2013 08:30 AM

I still haven't started:sad: But tonight, tonight I will start!:)

bdladie 03-11-2013 10:59 AM

Tania.....Wii Zumba......20 min.....3.....New top

Monica- You can do it. 20 minutes is not that long if you look at how much time you still have left in the day.

2f2f 03-12-2013 07:40 AM

I still have not done my Turbo Jam and was thinking about changing my goal to any exercise because sometimes I don't always have time for Turbo Jam - unless I wake up at 4:45 am (which actually starts my day off really good - I'm just lazy). I do exercise pretty much everyday, for instance I cleaned house and did yard work for 5 hours on Sunday (I rearranged every piece of furniture in my house - my house is not that dirty - lol) then I played in a softball game (1 hour) and I got on base every time - so I ran a lot. Then I walk on the treadmill for about 45 minutes at lunch every weekday.

So now - Am I cheating myself and taking the easy way out if I change my goal to 20 minutes of exercise a day, since I do that already? Was the original challenge to do something we don't normall do? Now that I'm thinking about this - I really need to stick to my originial comittment of Turbo Jam. So 0/7 for me. I will start TONIGHT!

LoriAS 03-12-2013 08:00 AM

Lori......Anything Cardio.....20 min.....1.....Manicure

Monica, I think it is a personal decision. I have been having similar thoughts though. I want to start this program that alternates lifting/cardio every other day. That would mean that I would have to do lifting and my cardio commitment on the lifting days. I think for now I am going to follow suit like you and just stick with my 20 min/day cardio commitment.

31 minutes on treadmill last night walk/run intervals 1/7