Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Good Day everyone! How's everyone doing today? What's new in the lowcarb world of yours?

I haven't eating one thing after dinner in 3 weeks on my new WOL. It is such a good feeling not to have the urge to eat after dinner....I was always sucked into the kitchen in the evening and felt powerless, to cravings and hunger.
I'd call that a major NSV (non-scale victory), Lindsay! Woohoo, you are rocking the CAD WOE!

I had a small tin of calamari canned with its own ink and olive oil, eaten on flax crackers, for lunch, and it was pretty tasty. After all those days on potatoes only, I'm eager for new tastes for a few days, and that was change for me. When I travelled in Spain and Portugal some years ago, I had some restaurant dishes of "black rice" (rice cooked with oil and some octopus or squid ink and meat), so I already knew that I liked this. The ink doesn't add a different flavor, but it adds a black food coloring to the dish.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
You are a brave woman, Sven! I don't think I could eat that.

Go Lindsay!!

We are going to a great Italian rest. tonight with some friends. I am so excited because they have the best, freshest salads there. They put fresh shaved mozarella on the salad. YUM! The only problem is that they serve pizza and I love pizza. I hope I can avoid the temptation. My plan is to eat a grilled chicken salad.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
You are a brave woman, Sven! I don't think I could eat that.

Go Lindsay!!

We are going to a great Italian rest. tonight with some friends. I am so excited because they have the best, freshest salads there. They put fresh shaved mozarella on the salad. YUM! The only problem is that they serve pizza and I love pizza. I hope I can avoid the temptation. My plan is to eat a grilled chicken salad.
Good luck at the Italian restaurant, cfine. I'm glad you have a plan. I sometimes go to a pizza restaurant called Punch with friends, and I order 2 salads--1 with proscuitto and grated Parmesan, 1 with Roquefort and walnuts--to eat while they have pizza. In my experience, salads in pizza places can be a little skimpy, since many people order them just as a side dish for pizza. So don't be self-conscious about ordering a second salad if you need it; I would certainly do that if the first salad didn't fill me up.

I just ate some sushi--shrimp and salmon on rice--for the first time in 14 months. Rice counts as a "safe starch" on the Perfect Health Diet, and sushi was the closest thing to real food I could find in the stores near my workplace; just about everything else was a processed and packaged food product, and I'm trying to eat very clean. I've been avoiding icy sidewalks and thus avoiding grocery shopping, so I had to buy something near my workplace. Tonight, I'll be cooking lamb meatballs and spinach salad to serve to friends and will have some for leftovers, so I'll be going back to either lowcarb/JUDDD or potatoes, potatoes, potatoes until I go out of town in a week. Anyway, my sushi lunch (shrimp and salmon on rice) was a nice change.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #94
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Lamb meatballs sounds so yummy!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:37 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Today, I'm making chicken cooked in carrot juice and chicken broth, together with spices and dried apricots. I haven't let myself eat carrots or apricots for ages, but I am cooking for some upcoming meals with friends, and I figure that they'll eat the majority of the food and I can have a small serving.

A friend is coming for an afternoon of film-watching, and I picked "Tampopo" and "Babette's Feast" for our viewing enjoyment--both about food, love, and sensual pleasure, in different settings (Japan and Denmark). I expect to be drooling while watching the lovingly photographed food. And I'll be drinking kombucha--probiotic and delicious and low calorie--as my new replacement for diet sodas. Has anyone else tried kombucha? I love "Culture Club" brand--50 calories for a large bottle, with flavors like raspberry ginger and cranberry ginger.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:01 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amundson
Stats: 285/164/155
WOE: Atkins (w/ Protein Power ideas also)
Start Date: April 2010
Sounds like a lovely day!! Enjoy!!

I had a cooking problem today. The breaker on the kitchen electrical circuit was triggered but I didn't notice. So my Chili pork roast didn't get done for dinner. So we went out, but will have it tomorrow. Am down another 1.5 pounds but overate today. Life is good but there is lots of stress. Am having to get some new clothing which is gratifying but troublesome and expensive.

All the best to everyone.
amundson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #97
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

That sounds like a fun time, Sven.

I hate it when something like that happens, Amundson. When I cook in the crockpot I have to put a note beside it or my mom will keep opening the lid thinking she has to stir it. I have come home to several meals that weren't done

I have been in a horrible,foul mood all day. I haven't eaten carby food though. That's what my brain wanted me to do. I opted for a bit more LC food instead.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
That sounds like a fun time, Sven.

I hate it when something like that happens, Amundson. When I cook in the crockpot I have to put a note beside it or my mom will keep opening the lid thinking she has to stir it. I have come home to several meals that weren't done

I have been in a horrible,foul mood all day. I haven't eaten carby food though. That's what my brain wanted me to do. I opted for a bit more LC food instead.
Sorry you had a hard day on Saturday, cfine. Good for you for opting for more LC food rather than carbs! I hope today is better for you.

I have a string of social engagements and then travelling happening this week, so I'm just trying to stay lowcarb and eating only when hungry for the next few days.

I've been reading the book "Rich Food Poor Food" about additives to avoid and better brands to choose when grocery shopping. It's interesting to read what some of those mysterious additives to food actually are and do. I make most things from scratch, already, but even so I find the book helpful--and confirming my decision to continue to cook from scratch. I've also started drinking kombucha, which tastes like refreshing gingerale, with probiotics and not many calories. I'm going to try making my own kombucha and yogurt this spring.
Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amundson View Post
Sounds like a lovely day!! Enjoy!!

I had a cooking problem today. The breaker on the kitchen electrical circuit was triggered but I didn't notice. So my Chili pork roast didn't get done for dinner. So we went out, but will have it tomorrow. Am down another 1.5 pounds but overate today. Life is good but there is lots of stress. Am having to get some new clothing which is gratifying but troublesome and expensive.

All the best to everyone.
Congratulations on being down another 1.5 pounds, Amundson!
I hope you are getting to enjoy that chili pork roast today. Have you tried shopping in used clothing stores? I'm going to be going to the Northampton and Amherst Salvation Army stores with my sister next weekend, and am bringing a big suitcase with me so I have room to put my new acquisitions; they are unusually nice stores with donations from a relatively wealthy surrounding population, so I got great stuff there last time I visited my sister.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Sorry for being MIA guys. We've been remodeling our bedroom and some idiot (me) decided to stencil the ceiling, a very high, vaulted ceiling, so it's become my life's work.

I've eaten out a few times in the last week and I'm up 2 pounds. I've been getting a little complacent anyway and feeling uninspired so I'm adding two 24 hour fasts, Mondays and Thursdays to help jumpstart things in the right direction and give me a break from the routine. This should also help with eating out since we have several social eating situations coming up that will be challenging.

I hope everyone is doing well and had a good weekend.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh Sven I love love love stores like that. Hope you find a lot of good stuff.

MrsS I would love to see your ceiling. I bet it looks amazing.

I am feeling better today. Yesterday was truly a horrible day for me. Glad I didn't hurt anybody
Old 03-11-2013, 03:10 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I love thrift stores and have gotten some fantastic clothing from them!! Good luck with your travels svenskamae!! Mrs S, I applaud your artistic efforts! How do you manage 24 hour fasts? I guess I have done them also but I didn't think of them as that. They are easier if I am st work for the day, but I can seldom do them when I am home all day. I guess that can be a new goal or challenge. Speaking of challenges, I still need to get going on the yoga!

Take care everyone.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
I used to love thrift store shopping but I no longer have the patience to dig for bargains. I need to relearn it because money is getting tight these days.

I work from home except when I see clients a couple of days a week and I was worried that I would graze all day when I started IFing and being home all the time. However, for me, not eating has proven easier than limited eating for some reason. This is my first time doing an intentional 24 hour fast- started last night at 6:30. My plan for a 24 hour fast- stop eating after dinner one night and then have tea or seltzer til dinner the next night. I was fasting (18 or 19 hours) more regularly for awhile and then kind of got away from it and losing has proven more difficult and I find I've been craving sugar-free sweets more than I'm comfortable with and getting a little too creative in the kitchen. Hopefully a couple of fasts a week will ease that a bit and remind me that feeling a little hunger here and there doesn't mean I'm going to starve to death!

I'll post some ceiling pics when it's done. Look for those around 2015.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:08 AM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
HEY LOWCARBERS

Mrs. S. I get the patience thing.....sorting through hundreds of pants looking for the right size, but when you find something, it's so thrilling! I would love to see your ceiling too!

Sven---tell us what foods you ate on your traveling days........

Cfine---glad you are feeling better without reaching for carbs, unfortunately ---mood and carbs----go hand in hand!

I'm starving right now...not craving...truly starving, stomach rumbling... Not sure what is going on, but I don't have anything else to hold me over till 4:30!!!! agh

B - coffee with cream, greek yogurt
L -leafy greens/tuna/cauliflower/little bit of creamy italian dressing---good size portion

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel

Last edited by 4myfuture; 03-11-2013 at 11:09 AM..
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 06:08 PM   #105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my goodness! I had one of those days where everywhere I turned their was something sweet. Cupcakes, candy bars, chips, pizza. By the end of the day I was truly just pissed off. I wanted to shout out to everyone to stop eating that crap. Of course they would have probably put me in the looney bin if I had. I made it thru the day though. This must be what it feels like to be in the workforce and have to deal with people and their food daily. I'm glad I only have to do it on Mondays.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Doing the happy dance. I finally made it past my lowest weight from back in October. I weighed 224 this morning and my lowest weight prior to that was 225.1. I have been taking fat burning amino acids for two nights and have lost 4lbs. In those two days.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #107
Senior LCF Member

yay cfine! You are awesome! So happy for you!
Old 03-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Way to go cfine! What aminos are you taking??
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:37 AM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Adoug4ho, it's not got the name on it. It just says tri-amino complex, but I'm pretty sure it's got CLA and GLA in it. I get it at a pharmacy and they fill it behind the counter. I am going there today so I will ask them.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I forgot to ask but I will try and remember to call them because I would like to know what's in it myself.

I had to take Percocet yesterday for a terrible earache and today I had a really hard time with my workout. I think it was the meds. My ear is hurting again is evening but I'm not taking anything else. I could barely lift my weights. I can't think of anything else that would have made me feel like this.

Hope everybody's ok.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:41 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry that you have been having some tough days lately, cfine. I think you should take it easy, getting extra rest rather than trying to do workouts with weights, until you are over the earache and off the percoset.

Are you on antibiotics for the ear infection? If so, it would be a good idea to eat extra probiotic foods like plain Greek yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, other lacto-fermented vegetables (may be in the refrigerated section of the grocery store), and/or kombucha (also kept refrigerated). And take some probiotics pills, too. I take "Ultimate Flora Critical Care," which is pricy and has to be kept refrigerated but got the best rating on Livestrong.

I'm going to make a cheese and mushroom omelet cooked in butter for dinner, which will use up most of my remaining spoilable groceries before I catch a 6:30 am flight to Providence tomorrow. I'm looking forward to eating some good fish meals on the East Coast.

Have a good rest of the week and lovely weekend, everyone.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Have fun visiting your sister, Sven. Hopefully you will be checking in with us

I am not on abx just abx drops. I took the Percocet yesterday because the pain was just so bad. I am getting better though. The drops are helping a lot. My DD used to take the ultimate flora but now we have her on the prescription VSL#3 double strength. It's been really good for her especially since she has to take abx still.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:49 PM   #113
Senior LCF Member

No worries cfine! Hope you feel better super soon!

I enjoyed my JUDDD up day today. Maybe over enjoyed it Curious to see how it's affecting the scale. I've been pretty light on my other UDs. Saw a new low this AM.....let's hope it doesn't jump too much.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:06 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Hey!

Adoug----you doing JUDD??? Can't wait to hear how it is going for you!

SVEN---enjoy the east coast! Lobster in the future for you?

cfine---feel better!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 11:01 AM   #115
Senior LCF Member

I am JUDDING, 4My! It's working very well so far. It's been a week and I'm down probably 3 pounds. I honestly can't remember my exact start weight..lol. It's been a fun challenge so far.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #116
Senior LCF Member

YAY! wtg! 3lbs gone is awesome!

I wish you the best with JUDD and look forward to hearing your progess. CAD is treating me nicely so far! I don't get on the scale much, but I haven't eating anything after dinner in a month! My cravings---are squashed at this point.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: February 13 2013
Is it too late for me to join the challenge? My name is Debbie and on Feb 13th I started out at 230. My goal is to lose all the baby weight I gained during my pregnancy, but also to get back to my 2009 wedding weight. I began SB on 2/13 and after 4 weeks, im down 13 pounds. Here are my challenge goals:
First Goal: 213 by Easter (lose 4 in 2 weeks)
Second Goal: 200 pounds by May 1st
Memorial Day Goal: 192 pounds

If I can hit these targets, I will have lost 48 pounds since January 1st. I really hope I can do it!!
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Welcome Spod. It's never too late to join
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Welcome Spod! This is a friendly place! Low carb has changed my life. Good luck. Your goals sound ambitious. Be sure to appreciate all of your victories!
Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Spod
Stats: 240/189/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: February 13 2013
Thanks for the warm welcome! I know I'm being a bit ambitious, but I will definitely be sure to appreciate each victory. When I first saw the scale go from 240-->230, I knew I could get back to where I once was 4 years ago. I'm just hoping I can be as far along as possible by July 1st, because I'm going on vacation and that has been my first big milepost to reach. In the past I was so great about maintaining the lifestyle of LC (for years after losing weight), so I just need to get back in that groove. Just one more size and I'll be back in my pre-pregnancy jeans that I love Wishing you all good luck and looking forward to hearing your progress along the way.
Spod is offline   Reply With Quote