Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 4myfuture
Stats: 216/186/166
WOE: healthy lower carb meals - no snacking
Adoug---your doggies are adorable. I'll have to post my two pups sometime---I've got two little dogs too, a beagle/papillon mix and a papillon. 3 cats too, that's why I have to clean like a mad woman a lot.

I did get some cleaning done the other day, but my bathrooms---well, still a hot mess! LOL Saturday will be the day for them.

I have full weeks. I teach orchestra to 4th and 5th graders in public school, I play in a semi professional orchestra Monday nights, I conduct a youth orchestra on Tuesday nights, teach private cello on Thursday nights and this coming Easter I have a major cello gig at a church I play in!!!!

Cleaning is something that always gets put on the back burner, I try to keep things straightened up, but it's so hard!

I love my musical career and now my daughter is getting into the cello it's wonderful to see her learning to read music!

ok, enough about me, what do you guys do?

In the end, all you need is kindness. ~Jewel
4myfuture is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 06:55 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Those pups are adorable!

In other news, I'm down another .4 lbs, to 205. I'm starting to see a hazy light in the distance. I think it's Onederland up ahead! It's starting to feel like more than a pipe dream.
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:16 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

wtg Mrs. S!!!!! scale is going down baby!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: svenskamae
Stats: 235/178/135 5'3"
WOE: Nutritional Ketosis/Primal/JUDDD
Start Date: January 15, 2012
Congratulations, Mrs S! You'll be in Onederland soon!

I noticed that you are doing LCHF Vegetarian. Do you have Rose Elliot's "The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet" book? I think it's quite good. I see she has an accompanying cookbook, too, but I haven't looked at that.
svenskamae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4myfuture View Post
Adoug---your doggies are adorable. I'll have to post my two pups sometime---I've got two little dogs too, a beagle/papillon mix and a papillon. 3 cats too, that's why I have to clean like a mad woman a lot.

I did get some cleaning done the other day, but my bathrooms---well, still a hot mess! LOL Saturday will be the day for them.

I have full weeks. I teach orchestra to 4th and 5th graders in public school, I play in a semi professional orchestra Monday nights, I conduct a youth orchestra on Tuesday nights, teach private cello on Thursday nights and this coming Easter I have a major cello gig at a church I play in!!!!

Cleaning is something that always gets put on the back burner, I try to keep things straightened up, but it's so hard!

I love my musical career and now my daughter is getting into the cello it's wonderful to see her learning to read music!

ok, enough about me, what do you guys do?
Oh, my goodness, Lindsay, you are such a hard-working and energetic person!

I work in a research center at a big university, managing a global health data project that employees 17 research assistants, and I spend too much of my time working (usually 12 hour days ). For fun, I read and watch films and do long walks when the weather is good and sometimes work out (doing resistence training, yoga, elliptical) and cook everything I eat from scratch. I have one elderly, well-behaved cat who doesn't shed much, and I hire someone to clean my house once a month, so I don't get any exercise cleaning. I can't carry a tune to save my life, but I admire people who are musically talented and usually go to 1-2 dance or music concerts per month with friends.

Who's up next?
Old 02-28-2013, 01:47 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Mrs S
WOE: LCHF Vegetarian + Eat Stop Eat
Start Date: 8.13.12
Quote:
Originally Posted by svenskamae View Post
Congratulations, Mrs S! You'll be in Onederland soon!

I noticed that you are doing LCHF Vegetarian. Do you have Rose Elliot's "The Vegetarian Low-Carb Diet" book? I think it's quite good. I see she has an accompanying cookbook, too, but I haven't looked at that.
Cool! I'm not familiar with it. I typically take meat recipes and adapt them with mushrooms, eggplant, etc... but I'd love some new inspiration. Thanks for mentioning it!
Mrs S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:41 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
4myfuture, thanks! I'm actually allergic to dogs and cats, but luckily my two don't shed at all It does mean however, that they require regular grooming trips, which can get expensive!

Mrs. S, we're in the same place! The world of 205 I see Onderland sooooo close for us!
Adoug4ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:52 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: amundson
Stats: 285/164/155
WOE: Atkins (w/ Protein Power ideas also)
Start Date: April 2010
A fellow musician! ! My first degree was in vocal music and I taught for four months only!! I now am a business school professor and teach operations management. I cant sing anymore because I have thyroid nodules and have really given up music. Interesting!! My cousin was an orchestra teacher for years. And I have two Labrador retrievers.
amundson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 06:12 PM   #69
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/223/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
Hello friends. I am back from my travels and so happy to be back in the comfort of my own home. I don't even want to talk about my eating habits while I was gone. I hate being out of my bubble! I am back on track now and that's the important thing.

I love getting to know everybody. I am the wife of a workaholic truck driver, the mom to a teenage daughter, and my family is currently living with my elderly parents because my mom has Alzheimer's and my dad got to where it was too hard on him to take care of her alone. I basically take care of everybody. My daughter has chronic Lyme disease but we are seeing improvements,thank God! She is getting out more and more and doing her own thing so that I have more time to myself. I love to have lunch with my girlfriends and love seeing movies. I am hoping one day to be able to realize my dream of becoming a foster parent. We started taking classes at one point but it just wasn't the right time so we stopped. That's a little bit about myself. Oh yes, I would also like to go back to college too.

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:51 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

I'm really glad to see you back here, cfine. I'm sorry that you had some difficulties while travelling but am glad that you are home and back on track. I've been thinking about you.

I'm sure it is stressful to be doing so much caretaking of so many other people, and I'm glad that you are doing some things--like eating lowcarb, losing weight, and exercising--that take care of you. Sorry about your daughter's lyme disease; I just had dinner with a friend being treated for Lyme disease, and she is on an anti-inflammatory diet of no dairy and no grains and no alcohol; she says that it is helping her. What would you like to study when you go back to college?
Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Cfine, you have a lot on your plate with all that caretaking. Please take care of yourself first. My experience with caretaking is that sometimes you have to say no to taking on more responsibilities in order to care for yourself. Please do not be afraid to do that!!
Old 03-03-2013, 12:08 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

I'm down to 179 after 6 out of 7 days of potato hacking, which may include some water weight from eating so much starch. Today I'm taking a break from potatoes; I had full-fat cottage cheese with raspberries for breakfast, and ratatouille from the co-op deli plus 2 hard-boiled eggs with gomasio (seaweed, salt and sesame seeds) for lunch. It tastes like manna after day after day of cold potatoes with malt vinegar, soy sauce, or horseradish mustard. Tomorrow through Thursday I potato hack again ...

I hope everyone is having a restful weekend.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:11 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the weight loss! I have had some setbacks on weight but did 5 minutes of yoga which is 5 minutes more than I did last week! We are expecting 9 inches of snow, so I will probably work from home tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amundson View Post
Congrats on the weight loss! I have had some setbacks on weight but did 5 minutes of yoga which is 5 minutes more than I did last week! We are expecting 9 inches of snow, so I will probably work from home tomorrow.
Progress, not perfection--you're easing your way into yoga, so good for you, Amundson. Maybe it will be 10 minutes tomorrow? Let us know how it goes.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

amundson---music is never given up, just appreciated in a different way! Music has been a part of my life since the third grade with piano lessons. Cello and piano are my favorite instruments to play.

Hi cfine- you are a wonderful caretaker, just remember yourself when things get stressful.

Sven--wtg 12 hour work days and on a potato hack---you are a trooper!

Adoug---grooming is expensive and so are those VET BILLS! lol I'm cheering you on to onederland!

CAD is a dream for me right now. My reward meals include my higher carbs and my other meals are very low carb. It's working right now because my attitude is better. I have to plan just as much as just being low carb, but I get leeway now......I was becoming to annoyed and bitter.

Still working out at the gym---just cardio, think that is helping to burn the fat too!
Saturday was clean the house day---finally got to those bathrooms....2 and 1/2 bathrooms! ugh!

Looking forward to a good week and reading how everyone is doing!
Old 03-03-2013, 08:00 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Lindsay. Your new avi of the cat in the hat made me laugh. I'm glad that you've found something that makes you feel less deprived in the CAD; you sound really happy in your post. Congratulations on a productive weekend of cardio, cleaning those bathrooms, and lots of other stuff, I'm sure.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

That's one of my cats, Smokey. She's my fat lap-cat!

Sven---I'm so happy your scale is going down! With all your hard work, it's gotta feel good.

Probably TMI ---had homemade wings last night with WAY TOO MUCH HOT SAUCE------IF YOU GET MY DRIFT! LOL
Old 03-04-2013, 11:09 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

Hello all! Happy Monday I'm heading to a conference for Tuesday and Wednesday where meals are provided. This used to jazz me up, and now I just dread it. BUT, I'm totally hooked on Shakeology protein shakes so I'm packing my mini-blender and road tripping with it. I'm going to need everyone's positive vibes to help quell the sugar monster that lives in me. I've turned a corner with wheat, where those items don't tempt me as much anymore. Now I'm battling with sugar. The last time I went to this conference they had constant desserts and snacks out. Ugh!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Good Luck Adough!!! You are going to rock the conference with your mini-blender. I totally understand the dreaded words----"meals are provided". Always ends up being something wrapped in bread, sitting on bread, only bread, or coated in bread! LOL

And don't worry about the sugar. Look for some carb friendly fruit to satisfy that monster.
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Well-put on the "meals provided" equals "bread provided," Lindsay.

Chewing sugarless gum at the end of the main part of the meal, or sipping coffee with cream, have helped me avoid the desserts and snacks. And stay away from the part of the room where the snack buffet is laid out, if it looks like there's nothing you can eat on-plan there.
Old 03-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #81
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey there everybody.

Sven-WTG on the potato hack. You are a trooper for sure.

Adoug4ho-I feel your pain. I hate going out of my bubble. I do so good as long as I'm at home and can prepare most of my meals from scratch. I will be thinking of you

Lindsay-I love your cat.

I am having horrible anxiety tonight and just praying that I make it through without eating. I just got a packet in the mail of all of my DD's bloodwork for the last couple of years and have been going through it. The internet is not a good thing to have when you are trying to figure out what certain bloodwork means. I am freaking out just a bit. Pray for me!!
Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

You're so right! Food provided=bread
Old 03-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Hey there everybody.

Sven-WTG on the potato hack. You are a trooper for sure.

Adoug4ho-I feel your pain. I hate going out of my bubble. I do so good as long as I'm at home and can prepare most of my meals from scratch. I will be thinking of you

Lindsay-I love your cat.

I am having horrible anxiety tonight and just praying that I make it through without eating. I just got a packet in the mail of all of my DD's bloodwork for the last couple of years and have been going through it. The internet is not a good thing to have when you are trying to figure out what certain bloodwork means. I am freaking out just a bit. Pray for me!!
Oh, cfine, I'm sorry that you are having such anxiety tonight. If find yourself eating for comfort or calmness, try to stay away from wheat and regular sugar, but let yourself have other, more on-plan things, as much as you want--fat bombs, a sugarfree cheesecake, tea with cream, pepperoni chips, even some popcorn.

I hope DD is okay. Can you talk to someone in your DD's doctor's office tomorrow? Does your health plan allow you to access a 24-hour nurse line, like the one from Mayo Clinic, so maybe a health care practitioner could answer?

If it was something really bad, I don't think they'd just send you a packet in the mail; I think you would have gotten a phone call and been told to come in right away.

Sending you lots of hugs.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #84
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you, Sven, for the words of comfort. Sometimes it's best not to look through these things. I know that her doctor is keeping up with things because his writing is all over it. Of course, I can't read anything he writes. This particular doctor is an out of town doctor for us so I am not going to bother them. I am going to request that they send me her latest blood work(that we got when we were out of town last week.) I am going to bring all of it to her primary doctor here and let him explain it all.

I didn't eat last night!! Yay me. I actually had anxiety in my sleep with what felt like all night long. It was bad but I made it through. I probably should have went and exercised yesterday evening and gotten some of my energy out. I finally had the courage to get back on the scale this morning, and I'm only two pounds up from the day I left on the trip. That's not bad for all of the crap I ate.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so glad to hear from you this morning, cfine. I've been thinking about you. I think your plan of bringing the material to DD's primary doctor and going through it with him is an excellent plan.

Awesome job of not doing emotional eating despite all that stress last night! Being sure to exercise to work off the negative energy sounds like a great plan for the next few days. And congratulations on being up only 2 pounds; if some of that is water weight, which seems likely, you may lose it very fast.

Have a better day today.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #86
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I went to the doctor today to go over my latest blood work. Everything looked great, even my vitamin levels were good. My cardiac-CRP has went down a lot also. It was WAY high!! I also talked with my rheumatologist this morning, and he is going to see my DD as a patient. She has an appt. with him at the first of May. He is going to run a panel of blood work to check her for RA and Lupus. He's such a good doctor and I feel better knowing he is going to see her. Also, my BP was 106/67. I am slowly weaning off my BP meds. It feels so good to be taking control of my health. Just wanted to share my news with you all.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

cfine---wonderful news! I bet that feels good!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Congratulations on your excellent results, cfine. You earned them with all your hard work staying on plan and exercising! I hope things work out for your daughter's health care and am glad that she'll be seeing a doctor you trust.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Great!!

Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Good Day everyone! How's everyone doing today? What's new in the lowcarb world of yours?

I haven't eating one thing after dinner in 3 weeks on my new WOL. It is such a good feeling not to have the urge to eat after dinner....I was always sucked into the kitchen in the evening and felt powerless, to cravings and hunger.