Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Low Carb-Our Way


After seeing the replies to the post in the Main Lobby I decided it might be nice to start a support thread.This thread is loosely based,just a place to share our plan,ideas,questions,suggestions and support.Hope you will join us.
I guess you could say I do a plan based off of Atkins,but not exactly Atkins as im not following the ladder traditionally speaking.I eat 20-30 carbs most days(will be seeing if I can add more soon),I also eat sweet potato,yogurt,enjoy Crystal Lite and the Atkins Bars, I dont sweat hidden sugars but do remove all known sugars and flour from my diet.I think im doing good.I reinducted on Jan 27th after several failed attempts at Atkins by the book and as of today im down 7lbs!!
I know alot of people say im looking to fail but I judge my success by the fact
#1 Im NOT hungry at all!!
#2 NO cravings
#3 Im losing weight
#4 I feel good with this woe

Ok today
B-coffee (im really not hungry so im not forcing food)
L-Little Smokies cooked in butter and sf maple syrup-
Celery and Ranch
D-Idk yet

Im currently 185
Feb goal 179
__________________
Kim -Grandma of 6
Restart Jan 27/2013 at 199lbs
February Goal 179lbs-met Feb 20th
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Kimberli33 is offline  

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Trigger828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,200
Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi Kim. Great idea for a thread. I am Karen from the Southeast.

I lost 70 lbs on low fat/low cal. but over a few years gained back 50 of it because I was starving. I could not maintain that lifestyle.

I researched low carb plans because I remember my Dad mentioning Atkins a long time ago. So I have soaked up alot of info regarding low carb diets and best ways to succeed/tips/tricks and more. People's experiences sure help one when trying to work their way around food plans.

I am also very loosely based on atkins. I started atkin induction, did well, and about the 7th or so week I started stalling. trying to walk the carb ladder a bit. following their rules. nothing helped but staying at induction levels. I won't accept that just yet. so I let another 5 weeks or so go by and now it is MY PLAN. I will make this succeed on my terms.

I went rogue and am doing my own plan now. Since I did that I have dropped 4lbs very fast.

thanks Kim for starting this thread. I believe we can sure help each other.

so far today is:

bacon--5 slices
lunch---5 fried chicken wings with buffalo sauce. OMG delish and first time. I had grease flying everywhere but these will stay on my menu!

dinner will be ribeye on the grill (smaller portion) so I can be sure to eat alot of veggies.

I don't want anyone to faint when I say tomorrow morning I am re-introducing A SMALL bagel into my breakfast.

Since I am staying at no higher than 30 carbs, a 1/2 of a half of a mini bagel is 6 carbs.
I want to see what it does to me I will let ya all know lol


and Kim with this list:
I know alot of people say im looking to fail but I judge my success by the fact
#1 Im NOT hungry at all!!
#2 NO cravings
#3 Im losing weight
#4 I feel good with this woe--------I don't see how you can fail here. You covered many key problems in ''diets'' and you are eating the foods you enjoy. that is win/win to me.
__________________
Gonna get this done
Trigger828 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Glad to see you here Karen
I think we can really help each other with this.Interested to see what the bagel does.My appetite right now is GONE.Ate 1/2 my lunch and gave the rest to my grandson.He liked it
Im 42,mother to 3 girls and grandma of 5(almost 6 )and from the NW.Raised in Washington and live in Montana.
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Trigger828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,200
Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Kim is that your pic in the avatar. NO WAY you are a grandma. You look very young! Good for you lucky lady! I am 51 ugh. and have a 7 year old daughter. HA


yea I want to see if introducing very very little bread at any time will stall me or be ok. I will keep the days eating clean and experiment a bit. If I do it slow, I know if I don't lose I can correct it quickly and easily.
Trigger828 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,712
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hello! Great idea for a thread. I've been doing low carb (this time!) for just over 2.5 months and have lost almost 30 lbs. I don't count carbs, or anything else for that matter but I try to keep the carbs as low as possible. I don't eat grains and I try not to eat any added sugars or foods high in natural sugars (though I am still occassionally having diet Arizona Arnold Palmers ice tea/lemondade packets - 2 g sugar each - trying to kick this habit). I don't eat starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, corn, beans. I try to eat high quality fats and keep my overall food intake/calories and protein moderate.

I have PCOS for which I take metformin - it got my insulin into normal range but eating low carb has helped control my other PCOS symptoms for the first time.

I'm not on Atkins but I feel like the Atkins poster child lately:

Breakfast - usually an Atkins shake (Daybreak 10 g protein or Advantage 15 g protein), today was a creamy chocolate Daybreak shake

Lunch - today was an Atkins frozen meal - Italian Sausage Primavera. I also like Jimmy John's lettuce wraps or Chipotle salads (no beans/no rice). I'm terrible about making lunch or taking leftovers, though I do that sometimes.

Supper - usually a meat and a vegetable, sometimes salad. Not sure what will be tonight yet.

I'm 43, my DH is also eating low carb and he's 48. I have a son age 10 who also needs to eat low carb, he's inherited our insulin resistance genes We're working to help him understand why healthy eating choices are important.
Mistizoom is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 PM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Kim is that your pic in the avatar. NO WAY you are a grandma. You look very young! Good for you lucky lady! I am 51 ugh. and have a 7 year old daughter. HA


yea I want to see if introducing very very little bread at any time will stall me or be ok. I will keep the days eating clean and experiment a bit. If I do it slow, I know if I don't lose I can correct it quickly and easily.
Yes,its me,its current(within the yr.),and thank-you.Have you tried the josephs lavish bread??Very good and lc friendly.
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:21 PM   #7
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Hello! Great idea for a thread. I've been doing low carb (this time!) for just over 2.5 months and have lost almost 30 lbs. I don't count carbs, or anything else for that matter but I try to keep the carbs as low as possible. I don't eat grains and I try not to eat any added sugars or foods high in natural sugars (though I am still occassionally having diet Arizona Arnold Palmers ice tea/lemondade packets - 2 g sugar each - trying to kick this habit). I don't eat starchy vegetables like potatoes, peas, corn, beans. I try to eat high quality fats and keep my overall food intake/calories and protein moderate.

I have PCOS for which I take metformin - it got my insulin into normal range but eating low carb has helped control my other PCOS symptoms for the first time.

I'm not on Atkins but I feel like the Atkins poster child lately:

Breakfast - usually an Atkins shake (Daybreak 10 g protein or Advantage 15 g protein), today was a creamy chocolate Daybreak shake

Lunch - today was an Atkins frozen meal - Italian Sausage Primavera. I also like Jimmy John's lettuce wraps or Chipotle salads (no beans/no rice). I'm terrible about making lunch or taking leftovers, though I do that sometimes.

Supper - usually a meat and a vegetable, sometimes salad. Not sure what will be tonight yet.

I'm 43, my DH is also eating low carb and he's 48. I have a son age 10 who also needs to eat low carb, he's inherited our insulin resistance genes We're working to help him understand why healthy eating choices are important.
Hi Misti-
My DH is on the bandwagon too and that helps alot.No BIG temptations in our house.I have no idea what im eating today...Im so NOT hungry.I know this will pass so im just going with it for now,tomorrow I might want to eat our horse.Heck I been on these boards for years so I know how that works..lol
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member
 
Kenny's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 22
Gallery: Kenny's Wife
Stats: 349/289/170
WOE: Atkins/Keto/LC My Way!
Start Date: Restart: January 1, 2013
Hi Kim! I just joined today and found your thread! I like your thinking!
I have been doing a combo of Atkins and Keto, it works for me and I am planning to continue as long as I see success!
I agree totally with only eating when hungry, and of course we need to know what the difference of hunger and boredom are too! I now ask myself the question "are you bored or hungry" every time I want to put food in my mouth.
Your avatar pic is great, and you look way to young to be a grandma!
So, I turn 50 this year and am wanting to enter that decade thinner than I did at 40.
Kenny's Wife is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Trigger828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,200
Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi Misti and HI Kenny's wife. this thread should be great for all of us!!!
Trigger828 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 111
Gallery: dejaht
Stats: 233/229/180 5'11.5''
Start Date: Restart 23/8/14
Hi all, great thread. I've run out of time so just popping in to say hey and I'll be back later...
dejaht is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:19 PM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny's Wife View Post
Hi Kim! I just joined today and found your thread! I like your thinking!
I have been doing a combo of Atkins and Keto, it works for me and I am planning to continue as long as I see success!
I agree totally with only eating when hungry, and of course we need to know what the difference of hunger and boredom are too! I now ask myself the question "are you bored or hungry" every time I want to put food in my mouth.
Your avatar pic is great, and you look way to young to be a grandma!
So, I turn 50 this year and am wanting to enter that decade thinner than I did at 40.
Hi KennysWife,Glad you are joining us.Thanks for the compliment.
Bordom can be a problem but we are on right track(eat when hungry) and you can so make your goal to be thinner at 50!!My goal is to be comfortable in a tshirt,tank,ect this summer.

Last edited by Kimberli33; 02-05-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #12
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejaht View Post
Hi all, great thread. I've run out of time so just popping in to say hey and I'll be back later...
Glad to see you.
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:11 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member
 
Adoug4ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 208
Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Um......I love this thread! When I first joined I got a lot of "read the books, pick a plan advice" which I get. I'm a huge proponent of knowledge is power. However, for this to be a permanent change, I have to make it work for me. I lost 60 lbs on WW, but gained about 30 back over time. I was eating low points, low nutritional value foods.

Now I feel like I know me. I'm an enlightened version of me. Carbs are a trigger for me, and wheat wreaks havoc. I've made changes using everything I've read and it's fab! Weight loss isn't super speedy, but enough to keep a girl happy!
__________________
Goals:
*Onederland!!!!
*179lbs-"overweight" BMI
Adoug4ho is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:19 PM   #14
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
Um......I love this thread! When I first joined I got a lot of "read the books, pick a plan advice" which I get. I'm a huge proponent of knowledge is power. However, for this to be a permanent change, I have to make it work for me. I lost 60 lbs on WW, but gained about 30 back over time. I was eating low points, low nutritional value foods.

Now I feel like I know me. I'm an enlightened version of me. Carbs are a trigger for me, and wheat wreaks havoc. I've made changes using everything I've read and it's fab! Weight loss isn't super speedy, but enough to keep a girl happy!
Nice to see you,Post often.
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #15
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Well today went pretty well.didnt have much of n appetite all day,meals turned out like this...
B-coffee
S-1/2 Atkins Advantage Bar
L- 4 lil smokies and 2 strips green pepper
S-1/2 Atkins Advantage Bar
D- Chili Dog and Peach CL Tea
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-05-2013, 07:59 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,712
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
Um......I love this thread! When I first joined I got a lot of "read the books, pick a plan advice" which I get. I'm a huge proponent of knowledge is power. However, for this to be a permanent change, I have to make it work for me. I lost 60 lbs on WW, but gained about 30 back over time. I was eating low points, low nutritional value foods.

Now I feel like I know me. I'm an enlightened version of me. Carbs are a trigger for me, and wheat wreaks havoc. I've made changes using everything I've read and it's fab! Weight loss isn't super speedy, but enough to keep a girl happy!


I totally agree with all of this! As I said in the thread that inspired Kim to start this one, this is the first time I have realized I am eating this way for life. It's not a diet. I need to figure out what works and what doesn't, and not beat myself up for breaking someone else's food rules. It's kind of funny actually because in general I am a "rule follower" and when I've lost weight in the past it is because I stuck to the prescribed eating plan to a T. This time it feels very different to me, which is a good thing.
Mistizoom is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 AM   #17
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Good Morning Ladies
Early start to my day today!!Seems when ketosis kicks in I require less sleep.Must say I am feeling great.I dont know where my weight is today (but I feel skinnier)
I am not a frequent weigher...I weigh every 7-10 days.I figure that way I will see a larger loss overallScales can really mess with me if I let them.So less scale,more of what I know to do,and the magic pill called TIME.
Today is a busy day for me.Chiropractor first thing(and what a help that has been), then more appts.I also need to stop and get more water.This is the only woe where I truely get in enough fluids.NEVER enough water in our house now.Need to buy it by the truck load.

Thinking my plan looks something like this-
430 am coffee and more coffee
B-Atkins Bar(Im going to prove these DONT stall everyone..lol) on the road
L-finger steak and cucs
D-idk yet
Very little hunger at all,eating has been a bit of a chore in fact
I will be checking in later,hope to hear from you all soon.
Kim
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:50 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Trigger828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,200
Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi everyone!!

bad news. my father in law passed away last night. lost his fight with cancer. He was a very nice man and will be missed greatly. We have alot to handle right now. I will be off the thread for a bit but I will not be leaving it.

My lc way of life has not waivered. I am solid in this and tragedy won't upset the apple cart for me. All is ok.

I will be back when we get thru the final stages of handling this.


everyone be good, take care of youself and stay strong!
Trigger828 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 06:02 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Hi everyone!!

bad news. my father in law passed away last night. lost his fight with cancer. He was a very nice man and will be missed greatly. We have alot to handle right now. I will be off the thread for a bit but I will not be leaving it.

My lc way of life has not waivered. I am solid in this and tragedy won't upset the apple cart for me. All is ok.

I will be back when we get thru the final stages of handling this.


everyone be good, take care of youself and stay strong!
PRAYING for you all.Im so sorry Karen.I HATE Cancer.It has hit our family hard as well.Lost a niece and a sister-in-law in Sept. and Oct of 2012.My Grandma and Uncle in 2004 and another sil in 2009.Hope you feel better soon.We will miss your posts.
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
2BoysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: A big ol' farmhouse in Landenberg, PA
Posts: 3,448
Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
Hi all - I am Marianne, I live in Las Vegas with my husband and 2 boys.

I, like Kim, have been on these boards forever, and have been on and off more diets than I can count. I first did low carb about 9 years ago, and lost 50 lbs. I kept it off for quite a while, but eventually just got tired of it, honestly, and while I didn't gain all the weight back, came just 7-10 lbs shy of it.

Then I started trying calorie counting, heavy exercising, JUDDD - and while all worked short term, none of them "stuck" for me. So I am back again.

I know, though, that all of the rules and ladders and such will just make me crazy.

So - "my way" is - well, just eating low carb. No sugars, starches, all the usual suspects.

I eat an occasional Atkins bar, have a refrigerator full or protein shakes (which actually helps when I am not hungry, but know I should probably eat something), and love my low carb tortillas (ok, so, that does count as a starch - but I did say this was MY way!) and Diet Juices. I even eat cheese - without limit, but also don't go insane with it.

I just want to make this as easy and simple as possible.

I just started again last Sat - and even for the Super Bowl had a load of delicious LC foods that EVERYONE enjoyed, and that I am still working on eating throughout the week.

I am trying to keep my weigh in's down to once a week, so don't know how things have gone yet - but I have very, very little appetite, and have been FREEZING a good deal of the time, so am assuming those are good signs.

(And I was up at 0 dark thirty this morning so had an Atkins bar for breakfast with a coffee with sugar free creamer, Splenda and Coconut Oil! Shhhhhh - don't tell! )
__________________
Marianne

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,712
Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Hi everyone!!

bad news. my father in law passed away last night. lost his fight with cancer. He was a very nice man and will be missed greatly. We have alot to handle right now. I will be off the thread for a bit but I will not be leaving it.

My lc way of life has not waivered. I am solid in this and tragedy won't upset the apple cart for me. All is ok.

I will be back when we get thru the final stages of handling this.


everyone be good, take care of youself and stay strong!
Very sorry to hear this Trigger. Your family is in my thoughts.
Mistizoom is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member
 
focus83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: UK
Posts: 227
Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Sorry to hear about your loss Trigger.

Hi all, just joined the site today and I like you all am just low carbing my way. Ive always ate low carb in the past, attempted atkins several times failing to have a clean induction every time and giving up. Thats why this time ive decided just to do it my way so there arent rules that ive broken which make me think i have failed if that makes sense. I basically dont eat any of the main carb food like potato, flour, rice and pasta. I dont carb count but i do watch out for how much carbs are in things so that i can make wiser choices about what i will eat. Been back on low carbing since 1st Jan this year, lost 12 lbs in total so far, and 3 inches around the waist.

x
focus83 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:48 PM   #23
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
Hi all - I am Marianne, I live in Las Vegas with my husband and 2 boys.

I, like Kim, have been on these boards forever, and have been on and off more diets than I can count. I first did low carb about 9 years ago, and lost 50 lbs. I kept it off for quite a while, but eventually just got tired of it, honestly, and while I didn't gain all the weight back, came just 7-10 lbs shy of it.

Then I started trying calorie counting, heavy exercising, JUDDD - and while all worked short term, none of them "stuck" for me. So I am back again.

I know, though, that all of the rules and ladders and such will just make me crazy.

So - "my way" is - well, just eating low carb. No sugars, starches, all the usual suspects.

I eat an occasional Atkins bar, have a refrigerator full or protein shakes (which actually helps when I am not hungry, but know I should probably eat something), and love my low carb tortillas (ok, so, that does count as a starch - but I did say this was MY way!) and Diet Juices. I even eat cheese - without limit, but also don't go insane with it.

I just want to make this as easy and simple as possible.

I just started again last Sat - and even for the Super Bowl had a load of delicious LC foods that EVERYONE enjoyed, and that I am still working on eating throughout the week.

I am trying to keep my weigh in's down to once a week, so don't know how things have gone yet - but I have very, very little appetite, and have been FREEZING a good deal of the time, so am assuming those are good signs.

(And I was up at 0 dark thirty this morning so had an Atkins bar for breakfast with a coffee with sugar free creamer, Splenda and Coconut Oil! Shhhhhh - don't tell! )
Marianne,
I really enjoy the tortillas as well.I havent tried them yet this go around but I think they are a nice change of pace.Joseph's Lavash Bread is my fav. and then Mama Lupes
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 01:57 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
Kimberli33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 7,500
Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Sorry to hear about your loss Trigger.

Hi all, just joined the site today and I like you all am just low carbing my way. Ive always ate low carb in the past, attempted atkins several times failing to have a clean induction every time and giving up. Thats why this time ive decided just to do it my way so there arent rules that ive broken which make me think i have failed if that makes sense. I basically dont eat any of the main carb food like potato, flour, rice and pasta. I dont carb count but i do watch out for how much carbs are in things so that i can make wiser choices about what i will eat. Been back on low carbing since 1st Jan this year, lost 12 lbs in total so far, and 3 inches around the waist.

x

12lbs is Awesome.Sounds like you are off to a good start.I'm the exact same way I do better not letting a bit of pancake mix in my omlette or Corn syrup in a dressing cause me to feel like a failure.I TRY to avoid what I know is bad and dont sweat the small stuff,and guess what??Its actually working!
Kimberli33 is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 05:53 PM   #25
Senior LCF Member
 
Adoug4ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 208
Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Karen, sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you
~Abbi

Welcome new friends!!!!
Adoug4ho is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:11 PM   #26
Junior LCF Member
 
Kenny's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 22
Gallery: Kenny's Wife
Stats: 349/289/170
WOE: Atkins/Keto/LC My Way!
Start Date: Restart: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
Hi all - I am Marianne, I live in Las Vegas with my husband and 2 boys.

I, like Kim, have been on these boards forever, and have been on and off more diets than I can count. I first did low carb about 9 years ago, and lost 50 lbs. I kept it off for quite a while, but eventually just got tired of it, honestly, and while I didn't gain all the weight back, came just 7-10 lbs shy of it.

Then I started trying calorie counting, heavy exercising, JUDDD - and while all worked short term, none of them "stuck" for me. So I am back again.

I know, though, that all of the rules and ladders and such will just make me crazy.

So - "my way" is - well, just eating low carb. No sugars, starches, all the usual suspects.

I eat an occasional Atkins bar, have a refrigerator full or protein shakes (which actually helps when I am not hungry, but know I should probably eat something), and love my low carb tortillas (ok, so, that does count as a starch - but I did say this was MY way!) and Diet Juices. I even eat cheese - without limit, but also don't go insane with it.

I just want to make this as easy and simple as possible.

I just started again last Sat - and even for the Super Bowl had a load of delicious LC foods that EVERYONE enjoyed, and that I am still working on eating throughout the week.

I am trying to keep my weigh in's down to once a week, so don't know how things have gone yet - but I have very, very little appetite, and have been FREEZING a good deal of the time, so am assuming those are good signs.

(And I was up at 0 dark thirty this morning so had an Atkins bar for breakfast with a coffee with sugar free creamer, Splenda and Coconut Oil! Shhhhhh - don't tell! )

Welcome! I am new to the group too! Looking forward to seeing your journey! I just discovered coconut oil...oh how I just love it!
Kenny's Wife is offline  
Old 02-06-2013, 08:43 PM   #27
Junior LCF Member
 
Kenny's Wife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Apple Valley, CA
Posts: 22
Gallery: Kenny's Wife
Stats: 349/289/170
WOE: Atkins/Keto/LC My Way!
Start Date: Restart: January 1, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Hi everyone!!

bad news. my father in law passed away last night. lost his fight with cancer. He was a very nice man and will be missed greatly. We have alot to handle right now. I will be off the thread for a bit but I will not be leaving it.

My lc way of life has not waivered. I am solid in this and tragedy won't upset the apple cart for me. All is ok.

I will be back when we get thru the final stages of handling this.


everyone be good, take care of youself and stay strong!
Sorry to hear of your loss! Will be praying for you and your family during this time!
Kenny's Wife is offline  
Old 02-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member
 
Adoug4ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 208
Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
So, today I had a late work meeting where my boss ordered pizzas for the teachers that came to my committee meeting. I grabbed two (one supreme and one pepperoni) and promptly ate the toppings and ditched the rest. NO second thoughts about it! It was crazy. The bready crust and bottom didn't even appeal to me!!!
Adoug4ho is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #29
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Trigger828's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,200
Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
way to go on that pizza. that is exactly what I do. you get the pizza taste and no of the nasty white flour carbs! yummy!

Adoug, I see you are close to ONEderland. I am 205 right now and knocking on the ONEderland door also. MAN I CAN'T WAIT !!!!




Time crunch cause of father in laws funeral. happening on Monday with viewing/service, then Tues is burial service at VA cemertary. VA cemetary has limited burial times and it is dragging out this whole process. but it is ok. everyone is hanging in there. the little things that have to be handled are alot and driving us crazy. there is alot to do!

Eating out alot right now cause it seems we were running around like chickens with our heads cut off getting everything done. run to the register to copy of discharge papers for military burial, then off to the funeral home, flowers, this and that and this and that.
Sodium has got me right now never ate off plan. yesterday we went to Japanese restaurant. everyone got their plate piled high with rice...I got extra veggies but soaked it in soy sauce. retaining water like crazy lol but holding strong on my lc plan. haven't even thought of eating off it.

THANKS EVERYONE for the well wishes. hard times when this stuff happens but we are getting thru. I can't wait til all is settled and I can get back and chat up our lc ways and we rock down the scale.
see ya later alligators
Trigger828 is offline  
Old 02-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member
 
ChocolateBerriez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Georgia
Posts: 64
Gallery: ChocolateBerriez
Stats: 264.8/204.8/165
WOE: M/E
Start Date: 02/08/13
Hey Everyone! It's been a looooonnnngggg time since I've attempted to really commit to doing the low carb. My willpower has been null and void! LOL But today, I've made the commitment to stick to it no matter what! I did very well years ago on it and its been the only thing that has truly worked for me. And through the trying of other diets, i.e. juicing, moderation, 3 day etc... I have done nothing but starved, craved and eventually put all my weight plus some back on! I'm through with that, smh, on to what works for ME, not what other people feel may work, but what I and my body know what works.

I commit to joining you on this journey. May we all attain the look, feel and loss that we desire!

Much Love and Many Blessings,
Vee
__________________
*****My Goals*****
Current: [COLOR=DarkRed]264.8lb [/COLOR] Body Fat: [COLOR=DarkRed]55.4%[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]STG:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]20lb[/COLOR] by 02/22/13
[COLOR="Blue"]LTG:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Indigo"]130lb[/COLOR] by 08/22/13

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...H1h/weight.png
ChocolateBerriez is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.