Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Hi all,

I gained a lb today. It was due to eating more calories than normally. It was all low carb though.

I dont know how people do it. Normally Mon - Sat i just have two meals. Once at lunch and once for dinner as that keeps me satisfied. Thats all i pretty much have. The only thing different about Sundays is that i wanna be able to make some low carb toast (coconut flour) or snack on pork rinds or have alil something sweet like last night i made a low carb cake in the microwave with soy flour and almond flour and had it with some cream. All still low carb yet i gain a lb. Yet i read on the board how people have these stuff all the time and they still lose. x

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 04:25 AM   #212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I am not even getting on a scale this morning.

luckily I woke up feeling so bloated, so icky in the tummy that food isn't even an option. Probably like at 12pm-2 I might eat

water and more water today.

I can't believe this is what I would feel like every day eating this heavy food. I forgot what this felt like. I don't like the feeling. the physical body doesn't feel sharp, it feels so sluggish. next few days clean out the old body and move forward. all good.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Hi all,

I gained a lb today. It was due to eating more calories than normally. It was all low carb though.

I dont know how people do it. Normally Mon - Sat i just have two meals. Once at lunch and once for dinner as that keeps me satisfied. Thats all i pretty much have. The only thing different about Sundays is that i wanna be able to make some low carb toast (coconut flour) or snack on pork rinds or have alil something sweet like last night i made a low carb cake in the microwave with soy flour and almond flour and had it with some cream. All still low carb yet i gain a lb. Yet i read on the board how people have these stuff all the time and they still lose. x
I dont know why focus...maybe your body is just one that fluctuates scale wise regardless?Maybe look at the bigger pictureeven if you are up a lb today that as long as your weight is lower this weekend than last it is making a downward trend.
Also-Pork rinds are very salty-if you snack on them expect to see a gain...water weight.I ate a handful of sunflower seeds in the shell the other day and was up2lbsI knew why and upped my water.Weight was off the following day.
Old 02-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #214
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
The Chinese food yesterday did me in. I am up to 269! It sucks. I really hope it will come off quickly.
Water,water,water..and clean eating to jump back into ketosis.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:17 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Hi all,

I can relate. I feel like I am very much metabollically "on the edge", if eat even a few more carbs than usual (including too much fiber or sugar alcohols) then I gain. I haven't quite figured out how important calories are - though I know I am eating fewer calories than I used to simply by eliminating carbs. I've been avoiding nut flours because they do seem like a very concentrated source of calories. I think those of us who are or have been bigger (maybe 250+ lbs? I was 327 lbs at my highest weight) may have gotten that way because of this higher level of metabolic resistance or insulin resistance than most people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Water,water,water..and clean eating to jump back into ketosis.
I did try to drink a lot of water yesterday and I am back down to 267 this morning. Hopefully the other 2 lbs. will come off quickly. I'm at work today so it is harder to get in enough fluids. But ultimately I really want to be down to 261 by March 11 as I have an online dietbet going with $25 on the line!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM   #216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

remember too it is a long run. what little set backs with some foods doesn't mean we won't hit goal and all that.

the scale jumping 1-2-3 UP and then down again and again thru this can be so darn annoying.

lets all get back on plan very good now. we all had a bit of fun we gotta check ourselves a bit. eat clean. get rid of the sodium/bloats and all of us need to get down the scale a bit now.

Who is up for a week of clean eating? that is what I am doing from this morning on
Old 02-25-2013, 08:42 AM   #217
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
remember too it is a long run. what little set backs with some foods doesn't mean we won't hit goal and all that.

the scale jumping 1-2-3 UP and then down again and again thru this can be so darn annoying.

lets all get back on plan very good now. we all had a bit of fun we gotta check ourselves a bit. eat clean. get rid of the sodium/bloats and all of us need to get down the scale a bit now.

Who is up for a week of clean eating? that is what I am doing from this morning on
Me
I also want to apologize as I think I could have set-off this jump off the wagon since I dove off first.This is a support thread and I dont think I did well on supporting everyone else by announcing my "off" meal on Friday.I need to remember that off meals are a complete cave-in for some people and not just a short stall.That said,I'm with you Karen,I want to see 177lbs by March 1st and IM gonna do it!!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:54 AM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I'm in for sure.

Quote:
Me
I also want to apologize as I think I could have set-off this jump off the wagon since I dove off first.This is a support thread and I dont think I did well on supporting everyone else by announcing my "off" meal on Friday.I need to remember that off meals are a complete cave-in for some people and not just a short stall.That said,I'm with you Karen,I want to see 177lbs by March 1st and IM gonna do it!!
Aw, no worries Kim. I didn't go "off plan" purposely, it's just some foods that I thought might be ok for me weren't. I think that's what we get with "doing it our own way"...it might take a bit of time and some "mistakes" to figure out what works for us and what doesn't. And as Trigger says this is for the long-haul. I plan to keep eating low carb for life, so I am not going to let a few minor blips stop me!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:11 AM   #219
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reta
Stats: 182.8 / 162 / 125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Every morning
Morning All. My weight is up 1.2 lbs. I think I didnt eat enough food yesterday. That's always been the case with me. Will do better today. Still feeling good though. i know weight fluctuates daily with this way of eating so Im not too worried.

Remember, this is low carb our way, so we know when we have those little endulgences, we pay the price of having the scale stall or inch up. We also know what to do to get it back moving in the right direction. So, lets get'er done.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #220
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Happy Monday everyone!

I spent the weekend with my sister at her house and we had a nice time. I was expecting to see a little gain this morning, but hooray, another pound has bit the dust! I did try to be mindful about my eating, but I had at least 2 low carb beers each day(Thurs-Sat) and on Saturday night we made Chicken Marsala and I ate a small serving of Healthy Harvest thin spaghetti. It was yummy!

I was back to it this morning starting with 5:45AM Boot Camp. It was a rough one this morning, but then, it usually is! Guess it isn't called boot camp for nothing!

I'm doing the "Transformation Challenge" at boot camp along with 44 other people. We started on Jan 5, and the person losing the highest percentage of their starting weight wins a bunch of prizes including an iPad. I really don't need and iPad, but I wouldn't turn it down if I happen to win! I'm not counting on it as there are 4 or 5 men in the group and they will no doubt lose more. Whatever, it has spurred me to lose some pounds, so that is the main thing.

Have a good day everyone!

Lori
Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Kim dont worry i dont think you going off plan meant everyone did. It just happened that way.

What annoyed me with the 1lb gain was that i had been on plan. It was all low carb food that i ate but nevermind just going to forget it and keep going the way i do.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
but nevermind just going to forget it and keep going the way i do.
Yep, that's the attitude. We can do this!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #223
Big Yapper!!!!

I was super busy today...and didnt even have time to eat.My calories were major low.
B-coffee
L-2 grilled wings from KFC
d-2 deli thin slice turkey pastrami and celery w/ ranch
Old 02-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

I did pretty well today. Didn't gain any weight between 7 am and 5 pm which is a good sign.

B - Atkins Advantage milk chocolate shake
L - Jimmy John's #16 unwich (turkey bacon lettuce wrap)
D - maybe 6 oz. carnitas (pork shoulder), 3 or 4 tbsp. sour cream
S - diet Arnold Palmer (iced tea/lemonade) - 2 g sugar, 2 almond joy fat bombs
Old 02-26-2013, 12:23 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Showing a 0.75lbs loss today, happy with that. Im generally happy with any losses this time around lol.

Well done everyone for getting back on plan x
Old 02-26-2013, 03:53 AM   #226
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Congrats Lori. Another lb bites the dust!

yea Kim that is nothing. we all do it our way. like Reta said, we know there will be blips. we allow them probably a bit more than the stricter people out there. but our stats show we are doing ok. we are all losing in the long run.

I ate good yesterday but probably a bit much. that always happens after I indulge in a heavier food day. the next day I do fine than I get very hungry at night. stayed LC all the way.

We are all going to commit this week. clean up the menu. best we can do and drop a lb or 2 or 3 or 4

its all good
Old 02-26-2013, 06:21 AM   #227
Big Yapper!!!!

Im sitting here sipping my first cup of coffee and waiting for the "poop" fairy,yes there is a poop fairy and she has been avoiding me lately...lol.If she comes then I weigh in today,if not,Im waiting until tomorrow.
I kept my calories really low yesterday on accident,dentist w/ grandbaby...house hunting w/ oldest daughter,shopping trip-and just didnt feel hungry.Im thinking im back in ketosisNo hunger this morning either,so im gonna run with it.
I would like to see 175 on the scale March 1st but that is a longshot...not impossible though,so who knowsEspecially possible if the poop fairy EVER comes to my house
Congrats on the good losses Focus,Misti,Lori..3 days left in the month lets use them wisely!!
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Old 02-26-2013, 07:38 AM   #228
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I kept my calories really low yesterday on accident,dentist w/ grandbaby...house hunting w/ oldest daughter,shopping trip-!!
Wow, Kimberli, you do not look like you have a grandbaby.

I've decided to really get those carbs low and get a little more serious with my fuel intake. I'm pmsing and this time of month can be disasterous on my body.

Today's food:
Coffee, HWC and CO
B. 2 eggs and turkey scrambles cooked in CO
l. cabbage and sausage
d. salmon, salad
a may eat a small protein bar and almonds through the day as needed.

I did a 28 minutes lower body workout today.

I understand about the poop fairy. I love her and pray for her everyday to visit me.
Old 02-26-2013, 07:52 AM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Good Morning!

Another day of boot camp complete. I plan to take tomorrow morning off and then be back to it Thursday & Friday.

Yesterday must have been a low calorie day for a lot of us. I had some stress at work that translated into me not wanting much for dinner. I really need to eat more...especially on boot camp days. Today will be a higher day...have everything planned as long as nothing blows up in my face here at work!

I was hoping to see onederland by the end of February, but I think I'll have to wait a bit longer for that milestone. I'd like to be about 195 by the end of March when our boot camp challenge ends. The trainer told me today that I am in good position to win.(Highest percentage of weight lost) Who knows...there were 45 that started and I have no idea how everyone else is doing...its all a big secret.

Hope you all have a great day. I'm really enjoying being a part of this group! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Lori
Old 02-26-2013, 08:12 AM   #230
Big Yapper!!!!

Well im 177 nowso maybe 175 isnt soooo far off???I have a killer headache at the base of my skullThink my electrolytes are low.Im going to pick up some chicken broth today and try that.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:21 AM   #231
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reta View Post
Wow, Kimberli, you do not look like you have a grandbaby.

I've decided to really get those carbs low and get a little more serious with my fuel intake. I'm pmsing and this time of month can be disasterous on my body.

Today's food:
Coffee, HWC and CO
B. 2 eggs and turkey scrambles cooked in CO
l. cabbage and sausage
d. salmon, salad
a may eat a small protein bar and almonds through the day as needed.

I did a 28 minutes lower body workout today.

I understand about the poop fairy. I love her and pray for her everyday to visit me.
Thanks Reta,DD(1) left her ID at home and asked me to pick up cigs for her yesterday because she looks to young...I dont smoke so I hate to do it but I did for her sake and the crazy cashier carded ME...now I been told I look young but you only have to be 18 to get cigarettes.I just laughed at her and said ok,you just made my day Im a grandma of 6...she looked skeptically at me and said id have to run out to car and get my id anyway...Held up 3 people in line proving im 40 plus but it was worth the look on her face.
Old 02-26-2013, 08:25 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

brunch

T-bone steak
garlic butter
mushrooms

YUM and stuffed.

dinner tonight will be a giant pile of veggies with some alfredo sauce and parm cheese.

these are 2 massive filler foods for me.

tons of water.

should drop something in the morning. man my fingers are crossed. I hate the few days it takes to get back into the zone and things having that feeling of doing it right and the body responds.

oh well. all normal. I just gotta go with the flow.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

Well, the scale is moving in the right direction again. Either 265 (twice) or 266.2 (three times) this morning depending on which of the five scale readings to believe. I should have stopped after the second time I got 265!

Today so far:

B - Premier Protein chocolate shake
L - Atkins frozen meal (Tex-Mex scramble), 1.5 oz. almonds, maybe 10 small kalamata olives
D - no idea, we may go out, but it is snowing here so maybe not, if not maybe leftover carnitas for the third night in a row
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #234
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Quote:
Im sitting here sipping my first cup of coffee and waiting for the "poop" fairy,yes there is a poop fairy and she has been avoiding me lately...lol.If she comes then I weigh in today,if not,Im waiting until tomorrow.
I need the poop fairy too! TMI?! Had a super tough workout Sunday, so I'm up a bit, but I'm also really sore, so I know why. I'm trying not to let it frustrate me. Especially since I've got another hard workout on deck for tonight!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:24 PM   #235
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I realized I really do need ketosis.

ketosis is so much my friend as it controls my hunger very well.

when I ate off plan a bit I have to say I think I blew myself out of ketosis. I feel it ya know. But I realize now I need it badly.

It is what keeps me sane in a food riddled world. It keeps my control.

Once I hit ketosis again I am doing all I can to stay in it for a very long time.

I can feel the difference in me. I got hunger on my mind. Food on my mind. when in ket. I lose that nasty pain in the butt side of losing weight.

just thinking out loud.

ketosis here I come and staying put this time for a long time

man guys I have no problems pooping LOL TMI? haha
Old 02-26-2013, 07:34 PM   #236
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
since I've got another hard workout on deck for tonight!
So, you workout intensely while LCing? Your food intake adequately fuels you for the hard workouts?

I thought I couldn't workout hard while LCing. I posted a thread on the main lobby about this.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:14 AM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reta View Post
So, you workout intensely while LCing? Your food intake adequately fuels you for the hard workouts?

I thought I couldn't workout hard while LCing. I posted a thread on the main lobby about this.
Hello! Although it took a bit of time for my body to adjust, my body definitely has enough fuel to use. I noticed the biggest difference in my runs at the beginning. They were painful and torturous! But once I got over that "hump" it's been smooth sailing. All this being said, I know it's slowing my weight loss because my body composition is changing. But I'm ok with that (most days at least) because I want that tone and love the benefits of a good workout! I usually burn between 550 and 750 calories per workout, according to my heart rate monitor.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #238
Senior LCF Member

Menu todya:

coffee, truvia and HWC
s. Adkins bar
l. salad, wings
d. bunless hamburger
almonds as needed
Old 02-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #239
Big Yapper!!!!

Good morning Ladies!
Im going to have a house full.My Dds are all coming to visit for the week.Oldest one lives right down the road but middle daughter coming in from out of state and youngest from 3 hrs away.Really excited to see them but looking at a house loaded with toddlers...lol
Plan on feeding them all LC.Told them to bring any goodies they might want as my house is junk free.Luckily for me watching others eat junk doesnt bother me at all.
I plan to get through this cheat free,to many LC options not too.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #240
Senior LCF Member

Good luck with all that, kimberli. Sounds like it might be a little wild over there. lol
Closed Thread