Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #2161
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Gobah---I always check in on vacation, even when I went to Cartagena Columbia. Helps me stay on track on vacation, and I like sharing a bit of my experiences w/my pals. Looking forward to hearing from you from the tent!

Thnx Blue...I feel the love I admire your posts. Most times I talk about myself too much. But you are all about others.

But...how about you keep being unselfish and I keep being self-centered? Then we can be like a married couple

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2014, 02:00 AM   #2162
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Well...the scale didn't get thrown out the window this morning, but it was close. Down 1 pound this week. Still up a couple from my low at the end of January. With all the exercise I do, I just can't understand why this blubber won't go! Sigh..... The sands have shifted and I feel as if the scale should be showing me a lower number. Oh well, it is what it is.

Time for boot camp!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:01 AM   #2163
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Lori, CONGRATS ON THE LB. GONE! one less to deal with

I was 'up a couple' for many months and just stagnated a bit. Now I am trying again to get into weight loss mode mentality again. I know that feeling of 'just get this blubber off'

stay strong cause you ARE changing your body toward the good! that exercise along with low carb will definitely make you lean. just takes some time! something none of us wants, but it sure isn't going to change!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:12 AM   #2164
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, I am up for a LCOW party! That is so funny to read...L COW. I eat alot of cow LOL

and now BRINNER! never heard that one but I a out here in the sticks kinda. New words and concepts, etc., take time to trickle my way HA

-------gonna avoid the scale this morning. going to give it a few days of cleaner eating and see where I go. tired of the scale all of the sudden.

dinner was a disaster!!!!!!! This is what happens when ya 'DO NOT LOOK at a label'!

london broil on the grill. YUM
big honking salad--just bit of cheese and tons of greens.

Almost always ranch cause I love it but I think hey, that dressing my kiddo loves is right there. Catalina. I like it. gonna change it up. THINKING it has a squeeze top lid, open turn and squeeze and GIANT glob comes slinging out. Full open mouth bottle.

EH, ok it is just dressing. spoon off a bit cause it was too much and go eat. little gloppy but will survive.

then I thought will read the bottle label out of curiousity.

10 carbs per 2 tablespoons. 9 g sugar per serving!! Ut oh. I had at least 10-12 tablespoons on it I had at least 10 tablespoons. calculate that out to 50 carbs in dressing.

HUH. BLECK! but it was a low carb day for me, about 5 nc leading up to that so in reality I 'did ok for a moderate carb day' but I wanted it WAY lower than that!

So moral of the story is read a stinking label before you squeeze the bottle

shooting for another very lc day.
not hungry this morning. I think I can accomplish it.

everyone have a great friday!
Old 03-14-2014, 06:47 AM   #2165
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Lori---WTG on that pound gone!! I hear you on throwing that scale.

This morning, back up that pound lost yesterday. Gotta love the bounce! So I'm quite annoyed with my scale too! I'm obsessing about whether or not I should wait until the last 15-20 pounds to work out. I even increased my food intake considerably to compensate for the exercise. Lots more fat & protein yesterday. I feel so great when I exercise. It helps get me through the day.

Yes, I know I'm obsessing about all this. I just don't want to stall due to exercise. I've lost 0 pounds for the week, so I feel like it is a concern. If I was closer to goal it would make more sense to me. I've only lost 8 pounds of 35 so, still a long way to go.

Sorry, I guess I'm just thinking out loud here.

I hope you all have a great weekend on plan!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #2166
Major LCF Poster!

MsGoody do not give up exercise. How about cut it in 1/2.

whatever your exercise routine, just shorten it down. That way you get some benefits, keeping it lower key, and maybe the scale might show ya some benefits also
Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #2167
Major LCF Poster!

FOOD IS NOT US!!
The hunk on the market is not fit to be eaten by anyone.
chemical junk.

DUH

I am finally learning this literally NO MATTER WHAT the taste is like, it is NOT real food

bit of a statement there but is dawning on me literally LOL
Old 03-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #2168
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Blue, DH has threatened to not let me in the house if I flat iron my hair or cut it short.

Nothing to report, except that, as usual, the scale is going back up. And, as usual, I never know what to look at - too many calories or not enough since carbs are okay.

Sheesh ... it never ends ...

Wishing all a good weekends since I rarely come to LCF on the weekends.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #2169
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Pals, gals, and guy,

I have had a really hard day, and am rather beside myself. It has to do w/my work and the client who decides whether my family will be able to pay our bills tomorrow, or not. I am an independent contractor, otherwise known as a free lancer, and have been for decades. As is the hubby---and we need both of our efforts to keep us afloat. It gets really gnarly now and then, and today was one of those days. I honestly don't know where we'll toss up next week. Things are at one of those points you just don't know.

I only say so, because my first instinct was not to check in, and eat like crazy. I don't suffer cravings all that often, but tonight I would really like to stuff myself w/every carb I want to. I would REALLY like to say what the heck.

But in the end, I decided to check in and write my feelings out. I decided to think before I leap, and writing this out is part of that.

SIGH. Think I might just put myself to bed, before I do eating damage that has absolutely nothing to do with solutions to the problem.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #2170
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Pals, gals, and guy,

I have had a really hard day, and am rather beside myself. It has to do w/my work and the client who decides whether my family will be able to pay our bills tomorrow, or not. I am an independent contractor, otherwise known as a free lancer, and have been for decades. As is the hubby---and we need both of our efforts to keep us afloat. It gets really gnarly now and then, and today was one of those days. I honestly don't know where we'll toss up next week. Things are at one of those points you just don't know.

I only say so, because my first instinct was not to check in, and eat like crazy. I don't suffer cravings all that often, but tonight I would really like to stuff myself w/every carb I want to. I would REALLY like to say what the heck.

But in the end, I decided to check in and write my feelings out. I decided to think before I leap, and writing this out is part of that.

SIGH. Think I might just put myself to bed, before I do eating damage that has absolutely nothing to do with solutions to the problem.
I stand by you Blue! I will pray for you right now, that you will have good success.

I'm proud of you for checking in here first. You did the right thing. Your LCF's got your back.

I hope to hear a good report tomorrow. I'm proud of you!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #2171
Senior LCF Member

Blue---I'm sorry you're so stressed out. You'll make it through it. You're a strong lady! I'm glad you decided to write it all out and hopefully you stayed the course. You and I know food won't solve the problem. It'll just cause another one. Feel free to write it out and vent all you want. That is relieving in itself. It takes some of the weight off your shoulders.

Ok so yesterday was another whirlwind of a day. I got a call from the school son is sick. I go get him, come home for an hour maybe and get another call, other son is sick and go get him. Stomach bug, Yippee!!

Then, the husband decides he wants to drive out to Wichita, which mind you is 3 hours away, to look at a truck. 6 hours of driving with 4 kids, 2 of which are sick. You can imagine this was a fun road trip! He bought the truck. Men and their trucks

I wasn't feeling well myself yesterday. I ended up not eating much due to that and we were in such a time crunch to make it out to Wichita in time. But, I was feeling so nauseated and just not hungry.

I ended up losing 3 pounds. Was the whoosh already coming, who knows! Like I said, I didn't plan for my day to be so out of control, but who really does!?

Well, I'm off to go grocery shopping.

Have a great day on plan!
Old 03-15-2014, 01:41 PM   #2172
Major LCF Poster!

Gobah---thanks for your sweet post. Was about to finish off the hubby's mac and cheese dish, and checked in again to avoid it. Found your post, very helpful. No Mac and cheese. Thanks.

Thanks for your kind words too Msgoody. It does help to write it. And oh boy, 2 sick boys and a long trip, you poor thing. Sounds like you might have caught the bug. Hope you feel better and congratulations on that gorgeous WHOOSH!

As it turned out, I only had a small piece of steak last night. That was it. So I didn't end up at the bottom of the Mac and cheese last night, which is amazing because it's one of my fave things, and the "what the heck" evil twin was very vocal and quite sure that I deserved at least 2 helpings.

So today I'm really dragging. Tired and worried. Things will not be resolved till next week, so it's all hovering over my head like a black cloud. I think things can be resolved, but you never know, and having one's income threatened is very scary.

Today I'm hungry, but the urge to get drunk on carbs has passed, LOL. Had LC eggs Benny for breakfast, which would usually hold me to dinner, but I'm going to have a LC pizza now, because I flat out need the comfort of it.

Tonight I'm going to a pal's house w/a big order of BWWs and we'll sit in front of her fire and talk it all out, she's a good listener and a smart gal, so I'm looking forward to her input and advice on my situation. There's nothing like great pals!

Hope y'all are having a much funner weekend than I am.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #2173
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Blue I am sending the finest and best luck your way I hope it all pans out for you. when you support yourself and are on no one's payroll, you work 50 times harder!! I know. When we farmed we did it all. relied only on ourselves and no one else and it sure can be stressful to the max.

Glad you didn't dive into the carbs head first, I would be off checking for a picture of someone slamming head first into a cake or something LOL

Stand strong my friend!!!!!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #2174
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---thanks sweetie. I can feel some wind under my wings already. The problem w/this client has been building for quite awhile, and no matter how hard I've tried, I haven't been able to turn it around. Perhaps things coming to a head will help, hoping we can have a constructive conversation. Been reading on how to effectively manage disagreement all afternoon on various articles on the net, so really trying to get my attitude in the best place to make things turn out positively. Fingers crossed.

BTW, I did drop 2 pounds this am, still one up from my low. SIGH. up down, up down, same old 4 numbers, no new number in weeks and weeks. Trying to drink a LOT of water today. The stress I'm under is probably releasing cortisol, the fat gain hormone, like crazy. Hoping I can flush some of it. Oh my, Blue is blue.

But a cozy night w/my pal will help, and I hope to wake up tomorrow with more energy and a more positive view. I'm going to need it.
Old 03-15-2014, 04:00 PM   #2175
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---thanks for your sweet post. Was about to finish off the hubby's mac and cheese dish, and checked in again to avoid it. Found your post, very helpful. No Mac and cheese. Thanks.

Well thank you Blue! I am proud of you all over again! For avoiding the temptation!

Sometimes we can second guess ourselves for maybe spending too much time on a site like this. But when we hear we actually helped someone...we become all the more certain to stick around.

You made my day just now! I mean that. I have been melancholy the last two days. I never left for the camping trip either. But my LCF's help to center me. You matter. Thank you

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-15-2014 at 04:04 PM..
Old 03-16-2014, 03:03 AM   #2176
Senior LCF Member

I'm new here, but wanted to add my wishes that everything works out well for you, Blue. Sounds like you are approaching it in the best possible way.

I've had a 2 day carb fest. Friday night we went out to an Italian restaurant & I had their homemade ravioli with pink cream sauce. It was SO good, but I ate way too much and felt so bloated. Yesterday my sister came to visit and we went for an hour long walk and then stopped for a peanut butter milkshake for lunch. Then we went out for dinner and I dove head long into some nachos with pulled pork. Sigh....... Funny thing is, after all that, my waist looks smaller this morning!? I won't go near the scale until Friday to find out how much damage I did. I enjoyed every bite, so I'm not going to beat myself up too badly. I'm back on the wagon today and will have nothing but protein and fat with a few veggies thrown in. Hoping the carb monster hasn't been awakened.

Hope you're all having a good weekend!
Old 03-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #2177
Major LCF Poster!

'the carb monster'---met that bugger a few times, don't like him one bit

the only thing I recommend when having this carb fest is to shorten it! Seriously.
when ya go overboard and eat whatever you want, you somehow gotta TRY alot harder not to give into the next temptation. I think somehow that makes us grow so much stronger to cement the lc way.

I did 2-3 day carb fests but tried so hard to not do it. when I did one again, it would be only a day.

Now fortunately when I do heavy carbs, it might just be a meal. I try not to ever have it go any longer cause the setback to me personally is allowing those heavy carbs back, I am the type that might say 'forget this, who cares' and jump ship. Heavy carbs draw me right back into them fast. After a long time on lc I still worry about that

also I can't stand the way the carbs make me feel anymore.

After saying that, last night I jumped on some popcorn from the movies LOL
kiddos mom friend took them to the movies and brought me back 1/2 a large tub of popcorn. OH HOW Sweet --HAHA. Didn't touch it til about 11 pm when it called my name. While I didn't have a ton of it, I can feel my guts this morning acting wonky. I don't like that icky gut feel anymore.

Today is super light eating. like Lori sticking wtih higher fat and meat/veg. time to clean out the system and get lc set firmly into my eating again. believe me a little popcorn has my mind thinking carbs---so good thing was I threw out the rest of it immediately.

Blue, hope you are doing ok and relaxing a bit this Sunday!!! find and grab some relaxation any time you can.

Heading off to mom and dads in a while for a visit.

Not sure if it is going to pour rain or not today. kinda dark and cloudy out there. windy as usual for march.

everyone be strong!! We can whip ourselves into shape
Old 03-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #2178
Major LCF Poster!

oh, might to say Moms birthday today. 86. going strong, still driving, no pills at all and in better shape than me off to celebrate a bit!!
Old 03-16-2014, 10:54 AM   #2179
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
oh, might to say Moms birthday today. 86. going strong, still driving, no pills at all and in better shape than me off to celebrate a bit!!

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!

No loss for me today. Well maybe a 1/2 pound. I don't pay much attention to those decimal points but when I see the .0 I know I'm pretty much planted at 154. That's an 11 pound loss for me in 3 weeks. Tomorrow is officially 3 weeks so if I'm lucky I'll have more to add to the total. If not, I'm okay with 11 pounds. That's like losing a bowling ball in weight. Not too shabby!

My stomach is feeling a little better today. I think I had a slight case of that stomach bug that's going around. Food was very unappealing. The thought of it made me feel sick.

DH is very happy with his new truck, which makes me very happy! He works very hard and he deserves it! He has lost 20 pounds on his low cal diet so only 10 more for him to lose. He started a couple of weeks before me, but men lose it easier anyway.

I hope you're all having a great weekend on plan
Old 03-16-2014, 01:19 PM   #2180
Major LCF Poster!

Gobah---sorry the camping trip didn't pan out this time, but I'm sure it will when the time is right. Hope today finds you feeling perkier. When I feel sad or bad or mad or angry, I think of what my dear old Dad used to always say---"This too shall pass"---and he was right. Got my fingers crossed that we're both on our way to some good days.

Lori---Thanks for your words of encouragement and care. And y'know, that carb fest is now in your past, nothing to be done about it and I agree totally, no use in beating yourself up for it. Better to learn from it. Like Trigger says, eventually if you stay LC long enough, and experience its rewards, I think you'll find it less and less worth the cheat. Meanwhile, you're doing the right thing to hop right back on plan. One of the dangers of off plan times I think, is they can stop your momentum mentally. That's what getting back on plan sooner than later can get going again.

Trigger ---Happy birthday to your mother!!! She sounds like a real pip. Hope you guys have a fun afternoon together celebrating. And hey, isn't this the pal who knows you're on a LC woe? I'm sure she's a great gal and all, but why would she bring you a half a tub of popcorn?

Msgoody---Wow, you have done spectacularly. 11 pounds in 3 weeks! Bravo.

So I had a cozy good night w/my pal. She always gets me to laugh and we had some good giggles. Feeling much better today. The urge to comfort myself w/carbs has passed for now, and that's a relief. Things might be a bit
chaotic right now elsewhere in my life, but I'm in the saddle w/my woe. If you can make it past the temptation to cheat when stressed out, it can be very empowering. After all, for all the things we can't control, this is one we can. And when we do, it feels good.

Out to dinner with my mom and hubby tonight. We're trying a new place out.
Been to the site, viewed the menu, and I will have a great sounding salad or Walleye Pike. Looking forward to a nice meal on plan.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #2181
Senior LCF Member

Sunday evening...soon time to get to bed and get ready to start another week. Hubby wasn't feeling well yesterday and didn't sleep very well, so I've been playing nursemaid a bit today. He's feeling a little better tonight. Just a stuffy head and scratchy throat.

My sister and I tried to head out for a walk on the rail trail before she went home, but we only managed a 1/2 hr. It was only in the 20's and a cold wind. We felt like the skin was going to peel off our faces! No thanks!

I stayed on plan with no trouble today. I may weigh myself tomorrow morning just to see what that 2 day debacle did to the number. I'll decide tomorrow morning if I want to hop on the scale or not.

Hope you've all enjoyed your weekend!
Old 03-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #2182
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like a great dinner Blue. enjoy it. eh, one thing in life is---as much as 'we think we control' our lives, in a small way we don't I am learning to live thru the ebb and tides of it all without as much stress as I used to throw on myself. I hope you find less and less stress also!!

the popcorn was free. see she has this 'giant one time payment' tub she got. she gets free popcorn for life or something at this theater. so she feeds it to everyone LOL
it is gone, don't worry LOL

MG, 3 weeks and 11 lbs. WOOT! that is great. You are doing it and it shows in those stats!!! Keep on rocking.

Eh, skip the scale tomorrow Lori. why see it stay on good plan tomorrow and pass that scale, then see a better result the day after. after all, why see it when ya know what it will probably be!

Thanks for the birthday wishes. Got mom a cool bird mini flag for her mailbox and a moose statue for the garden (kiddo picked that out) and a new blue birdbath with big old flower design. very pretty. her old cement one is leaking, time to retire that and put in this new one.

the mallards are nesting in her front garden. ducks every where it seems. the ducks were eating the birdseed that fell. quack quack....in the older days Dad would have a freakout about nasty poopy ducks all over the front yard, but now he seems cool with them....older they get, the more mellow they are getting, live and let live I guess LOL

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-16-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 01:58 AM   #2183
Senior LCF Member

Eureka!!! I just had a feeling that the scale would be down this morning, and it was! I was down 1.5 lbs from Friday morning!! How weird is that? I'm beginning to think I should look into Carb cycling. I had 1 high carb meal on Friday night, a bit of an off day on Saturday, strict plan on Sunday and down goes the scale! I'm not sure if it'll "stick", but it was nice to see a lower number.

Just about time to leave for boot camp....have to slug down a cup of coffee first. A little caffeine jump start as it were.

I'll pop in later and see how you all are doing! Have a good Monday!
Old 03-17-2014, 03:59 AM   #2184
Major LCF Poster!

WOOT Lori---great job!!!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:07 AM   #2185
Senior LCF Member

Hi LCF's,

So, no loss this morning. 3 pounds for the week and 11 pounds for 3 weeks. I'm happy with those totals!

Slow and steady wins the race. I'd be a lot more upset if I didn't know this has to be a whole lifestyle change. I know I can't go back to eating all that junk again and I don't want to. It's just not worth it.

I still have a bit of that stomach bug lingering with me. The biggest part of that is the fatigue that comes with it. I haven't been tired since I started to low carb. I've had more energy than I've had in many years. It was a welcome change! I'm sure it'll be gone in another day or so.

Lori---Wow! WTG on that 1.5 pounds! A lot of people have great success with carb cycling and the JUDDD program. You could give it a 2 week trial and see how you do with it. Good Luck!

Have a great day on plan!!
Old 03-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #2186
Senior LCF Member

Msgoody........11 lbs in 3 weeks! What great results!

I think the main lesson I learned from this weekend is that I don't have to be afraid to have an off plan meal(s). The trick is to get right back to business the next day! After all, this is for life, not just to reach a certain number on the scale. It'll happen in it's own sweet time.

I'm having a not very hungry day today. I guess it's because I was really low carb yesterday. Whatever the reason.....I'm running with it!
Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #2187
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Msgoody........11 lbs in 3 weeks! What great results!

I think the main lesson I learned from this weekend is that I don't have to be afraid to have an off plan meal(s). The trick is to get right back to business the next day! After all, this is for life, not just to reach a certain number on the scale. It'll happen in it's own sweet time.

I'm having a not very hungry day today. I guess it's because I was really low carb yesterday. Whatever the reason.....I'm running with it!

I definitely think it's ok to treat yourself once in awhile. As long as you don't take the whole weekend. You can jump right back on board, just like you did! Some people plan for a cheat day and that keeps them motivated. Keep going, it's working! I love the not hungry feeling and the not bloated feeling! Food is a piece of the puzzle, not the whole puzzle. Eat to live, not live to eat is so true!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #2188
Administrator

Gallery: Kathy
This thread has been closed due to its size.
Closed Thread