Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 AM   #2131
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Hi LCF's,

There's really not much to report today. No loss again. I started being a little more consistent with my treadmill, but I'm thinking I might need a little more calories since I'm working out. I don't know. There's no one really doing what I'm doing, since it is MY WAY so it's hard to know where my calories should be with exercise. It's a learning process so I'll just have to bump them up and see what happens there.

I'm taking the day off from exercise to give my muscles a chance to recover a bit. I'll be back at it tomorrow!

Lori,

Feel free to post here! This is a great, supportive, non-judge mental group we have here.

P.S. I am originally from Central PA. Williamsport to be exact. Home of the Little League World Series

Blue and GoBahnsen where are you guys!?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #2132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 195/190.4/150
WOE: IF; 4:3/5:2
Start Date: November 16, 2014
Thanks for the warm welcome! Small world......I live about 25 miles south of Williamsport!

I ate a salad with protein for lunch today. I am pretty bad about getting many veggies in. Most of the time, I'm perfectly happy with protein and don't bother with veggies. It's not that I don't like them, I just don't take the time to fuss with them. Today I went to our local super market and hit up their salad bar. I try to do that at least once a week to get some salad greens in me. Last night for dinner I had 2 salmon burgers and some red pepper strips dipped in ranch dressing. I eat very simply. My biggest source of carbs is my almost daily Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt. They are around 12 gr of carb. I throw in around a dozen almonds for crunch and extra protein.

Lunch is usually a bowl of "chili" that I make every couple weeks and freeze. It is simply ground beef, any veggies I feel like throwing in and mushrooms for bulk. This week I used 2 zucchini, chunks of red pepper and 2 packs of fresh sliced baby bella mushrooms. I put no sugar crushed tomatoes in it and just throw in spices. I got a little heavy with the hot sauce this week!
I make 6 qts at a time and it lasts me a couple weeks. I love it with a dollop of sour cream.

Enough of my rambling. Talk to you all soon!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:10 PM   #2133
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Lori, about how many carbs are ya trying to hover around each day?

just wondering

MsGoody, since you kinda just started lc, you can eat more calories than ya think.
when the weight really starts to drop, then ya really have to check in with calories and see if you are just overeating for a bit for your thinner body.

so go for it. increase the fat and food a bit for sure!!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:21 PM   #2134
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Trigger,

I have been trying to stick to about 1500 calories and 20-30 carbs. As far as I can tell I can eat 2000 calories with exercise, but I think that's for just a Low Calorie diet. I'll try upping my fat intake. I'm sure that will raise my calories considerably.

I'm a work in progress!
Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 PM   #2135
Senior LCF Member

I'm not counting carbs so much as limiting wheat and sugar. I will look at the carb count on a packaged item, like my yogurt or a protein bar or something, but I don't even think about the carbs in veggies. This may make any losses very slow, but it's easy for me and that's key right now.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:39 PM   #2136
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Hi all. I'm cautiously dropping in as this seems to be the place for me - at the moment. I flit a lot around here on LCF. I popped in here late last year to ask a few questions. I still lurk in here and decided since I'm pretty much eating low carb my way, here I am. Much as I adore JUDDD, it hasn't been working for me this time. I did Atkins '72 late last summer and that did nothing, either. I admit, I have a very, VERY difficult time sticking with anything when I lose the typical 5-7 lbs., then hit a brick wall. I rarely seem to see the body changes, so that discourages me as well. Clothes rarely give me a hint anything is working and yes, I've measured and rarely get any encouragement there, either.

I saw mention of the maintainers on the LCF board and I'm speaking for myself only here, but it sometimes seems like they reached their goal without ever having a bad day, week, or month. I'm sure that's not true, but it leaves me feeling like you gotta be absolutely perfect 24/7, never, ever falling off the wagon. I'm much more inclined to be receptive to those who admit to having their off days, weeks, or even months. That doesn't discount the good advice, but sometimes it can come off as though one just isn't trying hard enough or dedicated enough. My opinion only.

Anyway, I'd been LC/JUDDD until vacation last week (which I admit carbs were involved), but after getting home went back to strict low carb, tracking and keeping my carbs well below 20 total. Calories, not so sure about just yet. I've got to play around with 'em and see. I'd gained about 7 lbs. on vacay, but have lost 6 of those already. I really wanted to give Atkins '72 a go again, but I'm eating more NK-style. I do love my cream and yogurt, although I haven't had any yogurt again yet. I'm using stix and have been keeping an eye on what keeps it lighter and darker. Been keeping the carbs low, protein low-moderate, fats high (those keep me vewy, vewy happy )

So, I see mention of this lc bread that's pretty good? It is on Netrition? Do tell. I desperately need something I can take when we have breakfast out. When others are eating pancakes and french toast, my eggs and bacon can look a little boring, even if I DO tell myself they're eating poison.

Here's what I've been eating this week:

B: BPC and sometimes an egg cream
L: Deli turkey, cheese, sf pickles
D: Chicken with a small salad

Snacks have been fat bombs, cheese sticks, cream cheese muffins, and coffee w/cream (and sometimes butter). NOT all in the same day, though!

We'll see how this 'round of "lc my way" goes.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 03-12-2014 at 12:48 PM..
Old 03-12-2014, 01:50 PM   #2137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea upping fat a bit is a good way to get more good fuel into the body. that should work!

Lori, limiting carbs is smart. No one HAS to be very lc, like 10-20 per day. A moderate carb diet is surely such an improvement to the body, IT will notice In fact some people do better with a few more carbs actually. It is super personal to each person. you will find that sweet spot.

sadly I do best on very lc. I funtion better actually. I think my max limit will be about 40-50 carbs when I maintain. which by the standards I am doing now, should be a cake walk LOL at least include a few extra foods that would be nice to have back later down the road.

Low carb has treated me so well. Just 'feeling so much better' without those nasty carbs slugging ya down is such an advantage.

We got this guys, lets roll with it
Old 03-12-2014, 02:00 PM   #2138
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Vanilla.

glad ya popped back in.

I wanted JUDDD to work for me so bad. I 'really liked' the eat whatever you desire on UP days, but sadly for me the Down days GOT WAY too hard cause of mind games of starving, and UP days GOT AWAY with me. I admire those who can work the JUDDD plan but I just couldn't handle it.

but as we all say, THERE IS A WAY out there for everyone to eat healthier and shed lbs.

we just got to find the way for us personally.

YES! Get your butt over to Netrition. Get some of the Great Low Carb Bread Company foods. I love the everything bagels, plain bagels, rye bread. I ordered hamburger buns also to try them. BUT BELIEVE me they do the trick. They give me options I thought I was never getting back. The 'bake your own' breads are icky to me. Most lc stuff is cardboard, but this GLCB company makes what I can easily like and works to make sandwiches. They got bread crumbs too

Vanilla your meals are more lighter I noticed. Do you like BIG meals like I do? Are ya kinda confused on how to make a 'more of a meal' on lc or do you prefer to eat more basic?

just wondering. cause with lc if you find you are missing meals and just having salads, snacky type foods ya might not hold on. I am a variety gal.

this was my day so far today

2 slices rye bread( 2nc)
ALOT of bacon
mayo
slice of cheese (all this made a great BLT)

this filled me so much I haven't eaten anything else but for dinner tonight it will be BIG burger with bit of cheese, mushrooms. small side salad (since I hit the store and got some lettuce)

See for me I need to EAT BIG when I do. I can't graze small meals thru the day. I require to be full. feel like I really ate a full meal and that is what makes me happy and get thru the day.

just curious how ya like to eat. it makes a diff. on your sustainability.

AND YES---I said when we all go out to breakfast and I get my big 3 egg, cheese and bacon omlette, I will be pulling a big old honking lc everything bagel out of my purse NOW I can feel like I have a complete meal.

We all gotta work it to our best advantage on how we want to live.
Once ya find out your patterns etc., we can work our foods into our lives and be more content.

just rambling. I love chatting this stuff, it helps me alot also.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:04 PM   #2139
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Blue and GoBahnsen where are you guys!?
I love it when you talk to me that way I'm here. I didn't go anywhere. I'm looking out for my LCF's. Or did I miss something?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:32 PM   #2140
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Geez, I miss one day and the place goes nuts w/nice new posters and fun comments!

Welcome Lorie and Vanilla Latte! You'll like it here, I bet. Like Trigger said, we're all experimenting, with how LC works for us. For me, I love reading how everyone else does it, and I've gotten a lot of good tips. But in the end it has to be how I can do it, during anything I'm going through, because that's life---put yourself in too tight of a place and you'll kick right through the wall to get out, LOL.

Trigger---love how you're sounding. 195 is all you need to think about now, not the rest of life. 4 pounds and you're there! And I just now getting there for you, is going to be a huge motivator. IMO, as we go down the scale, small losses are somehow bigger, and we feel them even more---and they effect the sizes we can wear even more.

BTW, I'm all about being a blondie too. Been foiling my dull brown hair since I was 14. Wouldn't even consider going "natural"---not everything natural is good, LOL.

Msgoody---I love the way you GET how it's all about experimenting and finding your own way. I've seen folks on this site so desperate to find the "magic answer." And the only magic answer is putting in the time and learning how calories, carbs, exercise, treats and cheats work for you. And then just when you think you've got it figured out, your body changes its mind, and you've got to figure out what the heck it's thinking.

Hi Gobah. What up?

So yesterday I missed posting for the first time in a long time. Had a very full work day and fell asleep on the sofa before I could post.

Bounced up 3 pounds after my Thai Restaurant treat night, not surprised, and not griping, it was worth it. Down a half pound this AM, and the rest will go down w/in days. Been here, done this with these 4 pounds over and over again.

I am stalled, and it doesn't have all that much to do w/a rare treat night. My body I think, is simply cozy happy here, and wants to stay at this ranch for awhile, LOL.

Read a good post on the ML from a very successful LCer. She said that after losing a lot of weight, but still 20 pounds from her goal, she went months without a loss, despite clean eating, and just decided she had to accept that it was what it was, that's where her body wanted to be. She let go of needing her goal so badly, but stayed on plan. Then when she least expected it, started to drop again. She eventually lost another 20 pounds and hit her goal. That was good for me to read!
Old 03-12-2014, 07:35 PM   #2141
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

Hi Gobah. What up?

Not much. Hi ya Blue. Nice to have friends, even if it's just online.

Oh...looks like I might be heading up to my storybook area...by myself. wife can't make it. If I go, I will bring my new laptop and look forward to checking in with you guys in my tent.

They have wireless at the campground. And I will need my support group Will update.

What up with you Blue?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:36 PM   #2142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blondie gals unite! I will be forever coloring my hair. that I know. no natural for me, gray is coming in now--bleck

the old up and down. I sure know it also. but you will clear that very soon as usual. then maybe get into the business of seeing a new low. we should all be that lucky LOL

I like that post you read. stalled out, kinda gave up, then whammo, it kicked back in and she hit goal. I feel better seeing that!

I really believe our bodies have to adjust. It gives up 'so much weight' then it has to reset and think about what you are doing and hold the fort a bit in case of emergencies.
Then in the end it has to readjust for your good eating and give up some lbs. nature says it has to do that

I am sitting here thinking about chocolate cause I just read that 'lc brownie' on the main board. why did I even read it. personally with flax seed and all that it doesn't sound appealing to me. I am not the baker type. But seeing the word chocolate--ugh.
going on 10 pm and I won't be eating anything else today. I was stellar again and not going to jeopardize this line of eating now. I know I can shift some lbs gone so that is small motivation to keep me rocking.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:57 AM   #2143
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah.....hair color for me too! Right now I'm medium blonde with highlites. I told her I wanted a pop of color, so the last time she put red, purple and light blonde highlites thru the top. Love it! My hair has been quite short, but I decided I want to let it grow a bit. It'll probably drive me crazy and I'll end up telling her to cut it all off after a couple months!

Started my day with 5:45AM boot camp. Killer as usual! I've been doing it for 15 months and just got an email saying I've done 200 sessions! I'm having some shoulder issues(bursitis or something), but I refuse to give in to it. So far I can still function by using a topical anti-inflammatory. As long as I can still lift my arm, I'll keep boot camping! I'm wondering how it'll feel when I swing a golf club in a few weeks? Could be ugly. At least I'll have a good excuse for playing so badly!

Cold and windy here today. Spring just cannot seem to get here!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:43 AM   #2144
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Well, I broke my 4 day streak of no weight loss. I lost a pound today finally. It makes me wonder... No working out and lost a pound hmmm It could've just been my body catching up to the weight loss and the new stuff I'm throwing at it now. I know muscle weighs more than fat. So if I'm building muscle that could be part of it too. The timing is just funny. Oh well, at this point I'm not giving up on my treadmill. Most of my body fat is in my stomach and cardio is the best way to tone that up.

My clothes are all pretty loose. Nothing is fitting me right. It's a good problem to have except that I'm looking like a bag lady LOL! I'll take it though.

I'm not feeling all that great today. My first headache in almost a week, but I know exactly what that is. My sinuses are all blocked up

Welcome back Blue and GoBahnsen,

You guys were missed! That is an amazing post. Patience is so hard for anyone dieting. We all want results for our hard work, but that person stuck it out. Obviously, she's made it a lifestyle change. Otherwise, she would've just went back to old eating patterns.

GoBahnsen---Have fun on your camping trip! I look forward to hearing about all the fun stuff you have planned.

Welcome back Vanilla!

Have a great day on plan!
Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #2145
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning LCF's,

Well, I broke my 4 day streak of no weight loss. I lost a pound today finally. It makes me wonder... No working out and lost a pound hmmm It could've just been my body catching up to the weight loss and the new stuff I'm throwing at it now. I know muscle weighs more than fat. So if I'm building muscle that could be part of it too. The timing is just funny. Oh well, at this point I'm not giving up on my treadmill. Most of my body fat is in my stomach and cardio is the best way to tone that up.

My clothes are all pretty loose. Nothing is fitting me right. It's a good problem to have except that I'm looking like a bag lady LOL! I'll take it though.

I'm not feeling all that great today. My first headache in almost a week, but I know exactly what that is. My sinuses are all blocked up

Welcome back Blue and GoBahnsen,

You guys were missed! That is an amazing post. Patience is so hard for anyone dieting. We all want results for our hard work, but that person stuck it out. Obviously, she's made it a lifestyle change. Otherwise, she would've just went back to old eating patterns.

GoBahnsen---Have fun on your camping trip! I look forward to hearing about all the fun stuff you have planned.

Welcome back Vanilla!

Have a great day on plan!
Good morning goody Congrats on the pound off Loose clothes! Nice problem

Yeah...I'm pretty curious to see how it goes on my trip. It's forecast to be 85 on Saturday and 87 on Sunday...and on the other side of the little mountain range, 80 at the beach in Santa Barbara.

The California poppies will be dotting the country roads on the shoulders. I will be riding around with my shirt off and the sun beating on my back

I will have to be careful to not crash into a butterfly

But yeah...at night my only entertainment will be posting on LCF.

I like all my girl-friends

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-13-2014 at 08:44 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 08:36 AM   #2146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_:) View Post
Oh yeah.....hair color for me too! Right now I'm medium blonde with highlites. I told her I wanted a pop of color, so the last time she put red, purple and light blonde highlites thru the top. Love it! My hair has been quite short, but I decided I want to let it grow a bit. It'll probably drive me crazy and I'll end up telling her to cut it all off after a couple months!

Started my day with 5:45AM boot camp. Killer as usual! I've been doing it for 15 months and just got an email saying I've done 200 sessions! I'm having some shoulder issues(bursitis or something), but I refuse to give in to it. So far I can still function by using a topical anti-inflammatory. As long as I can still lift my arm, I'll keep boot camping! I'm wondering how it'll feel when I swing a golf club in a few weeks? Could be ugly. At least I'll have a good excuse for playing so badly!

Cold and windy here today. Spring just cannot seem to get here!

Have a wonderful day!
Hi Lori
Old 03-13-2014, 08:43 AM   #2147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Blondie gals unite! I will be forever coloring my hair. that I know. no natural for me, gray is coming in now--bleck

the old up and down. I sure know it also. but you will clear that very soon as usual. then maybe get into the business of seeing a new low. we should all be that lucky LOL

I like that post you read. stalled out, kinda gave up, then whammo, it kicked back in and she hit goal. I feel better seeing that!

I really believe our bodies have to adjust. It gives up 'so much weight' then it has to reset and think about what you are doing and hold the fort a bit in case of emergencies.
Then in the end it has to readjust for your good eating and give up some lbs. nature says it has to do that

I am sitting here thinking about chocolate cause I just read that 'lc brownie' on the main board. why did I even read it. personally with flax seed and all that it doesn't sound appealing to me. I am not the baker type. But seeing the word chocolate--ugh.
going on 10 pm and I won't be eating anything else today. I was stellar again and not going to jeopardize this line of eating now. I know I can shift some lbs gone so that is small motivation to keep me rocking.
Hi Trig
I color my goatee. Just the lower part. I'm an interesting case because I'm 58 and I have almost no grey hair on my head, but I have a salt and pepper beard.

I had to grow the goat(I keep in short) because when the fat went out of my face I ended up with a little turkey neck thing-a-ma-gig. The goat hides it perfect. Guys are lucky in that way

Sounds like you are doing good Trig. Keep it up girl
Old 03-13-2014, 09:02 AM   #2148
Senior LCF Member

Men are just so darn lucky!!

My hair started going grey when I was 25!! Gotta love those family genes. I am needing to color my hair now. I am brunette as you can see. Always was, always will be. Sometimes I throw in some light highlights, but that's as blonde as I ever go. I put my hair through enough torture. Bleaching all of it would really kill it. I think an Italian girl would look strange blonde anyway LOL!

I'm sure you ladies look lovely blonde! The things we women have to do to be perdy!
Old 03-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #2149
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Men are just so darn lucky!!

My hair started going grey when I was 25!! Gotta love those family genes. I am needing to color my hair now. I am brunette as you can see. Always was, always will be. Sometimes I throw in some light highlights, but that's as blonde as I ever go. I put my hair through enough torture. Bleaching all of it would really kill it. I think an Italian girl would look strange blonde anyway LOL!

I'm sure you ladies look lovely blonde! The things we women have to do to be perdy!
And you are a perdy one goody
Old 03-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #2150
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Boot Camp Babe! lol
boy I admire that cause there isn't a chance in this world anyone would get me doing boot camp at 5:45! More power to you!!! Love that funky hair coloring!!

MsGoody---CONGRATS! DOWN is a great thing. Don't worry how or why the lbs. leave, they just do don't get too obsessive how it works, the body does what it wants as long as you are being faithful to the eating plan etc. It all comes out good in the end.

I am a sinus gal. Tons of sinus headaches. Up north not one. Moved to the south and I thought I was dying the first time I got a real killer sinus headache They can stop me in my tracks. I get alot of them, live on pills!

GoB my brother is like that. beard is gray to the max, hair is black as can be. he is about 57. but I noticed a bit of gray finally at his sideburn area. FINALLY he can join me LOL

-------WELL I dropped 1 lb. 198 ---WEE! that leaves 3 lbs to hit the 195 I want so bad. I gotta move away from that stupid 200 mark. hovered here way too long and today while shopping I looked at jeans. Mine are falling off --but my 14s I have in the house are snuggy. I hate tight. THEN I thought, wait, hold the fort, don't buy new---work like the devil to make the jeans ya got fit better! DUH!!!! Another 6-8- lbs and those 14s will be looser and fit like I want. So I am going for broke here people.

doing extreme low carb. no more than 10 nc per day and it is working well so far.

I was gonna reload on a few atkins bars while shopping and said NO in the end. haven't had any in a while, why start now again.

WINDY insane here. COLD also. 75 the other day, 40 today. GO figure.

I am kinda in that killer zone. How I got it back I have no clue. I think it is the menapause flipping me around a bit---but when in the zone I have to go for broke and lose as much as I can while I can.

hold strong everyone.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #2151
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonGirl
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 2014
Do you guys notice a huge difference between the raw carbs (meats, fish, cheese) and the net carbs (more processed carbs)? The reason I ask is that I find I don't lose much if I do net carbs...
Old 03-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #2152
Senior LCF Member

Trigger.......congrats on the loss! Every pound counts! Good on you for working to get into the jeans you have. They way you're going, you'll be back in them in no time!

Yeah...boot camp is brutal, but it changes your shape like nothing I've ever done before. Plus.......we are like a family.....misery loves company!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:01 PM   #2153
Senior LCF Member

Trigger---Congrats on that pound! You worked hard to get it off! Keep doing what you're doing. It's working! As for the Atkins bars, it sounds like you don't need them and they may throw a wrench into your stride. In the past, I would go crazy on them; oh they're legal let me have 5 of them!

Me obsessive, No! Okay yeah totally! I do want to know the how's and why's. That's why I weigh everyday. I am too obsessive not to.

I have terrible sinuses. I'm from PA and never had a problem there. I moved to NY lived there almost 15 years and my allergies kicked in and never stopped. I'm in Kansas now and they're even worse here. It's just something I have to deal with. You get used to it after awhile.

I just walked another mile! I'm loving the exhilaration of it. It makes me feel good to finally be doing something for myself and my health!

GoBahnsen---Thanks for the compliment!

BostonGirl---Some people do lose better with the clean eating, but it's something that really isn't sustainable for too long. A lot of people will do it if they're in a stall. I feel like I need those other foods to make it a lifestyle change for me. Such as low carb bread and wraps. It's a slower, healthier loss. You don't wanna lose too much, too fast. It's a personal choice though. What works for 1 doesn't work for everyone.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:17 PM   #2154
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
Do you guys notice a huge difference between the raw carbs (meats, fish, cheese) and the net carbs (more processed carbs)? The reason I ask is that I find I don't lose much if I do net carbs...
absolutely 'real' food is best. anything processed means slower weight loss for most people. when I eat simple, easy, REAL food I lose fast and best. I throw in some 'net carb label' foods and I slow down.

But for alot of us we want to be able to stick with it. I am a foodie. I am not going to 'even' try to stick with XYZ only foods for life on my plan. I need variety thus the slower weight loss but I am fine with it.

now the great low carb bread company stuff I buy HAS NOT at all slowed me one bit. THAT is fab. 1 nc per slice bread. I ate 2 and didn't even notice I ate anything. no bloat, nothing...and I lost weight the next day.

so I guess it really is 'how things are made' and what is 'really' in them.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #2155
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

MsGoody I lived in Clark Summit. Just outside Scranton for alot of years. I was fine there. Moved to NC and suffer. You being in Kansas I know your allergies are kicking in. I have trees blooming now and I am starting to get bad sinus happening.

but we power thru don't we
what other choice LOL
Old 03-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #2156
Senior LCF Member

Another member of this board with a Pennsylvania connection! I live about 1.5 hrs from Scranton! Small world!
Old 03-13-2014, 02:25 PM   #2157
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Which time?
Thanks for the welcomes.

Trigger, I think I've been so used to smaller meals that I can't even finish a regular size meal out. I'd be fine if I could get kiddie meals everywhere! I loved JUDDD and it was working for me several years ago. I'm one who could eat a Fast 5 style, which I tried, and that did nothing either. I've been dieting for over 30 years, and haven't seen Onderland since the '80's.

The hubs and I do a lot of salads just because we're not that much on cooking. The ONE thing I dislike about low carb. I'd much rather grab something out of the pantry than have to make things to have on hand constantly. My favorite meal is the hamburger/sausage/rotel/cream cheese thing. I could easily eat half of that in one sitting.

My meals do look sparse, but calorie-wise for the day, they're coming in at roughly 1400-1500. I try to have leeway for the fat bombs as I haven't calculated them yet since every recipe I do is different.

I'll be sure to check out the GLCB - sounds great!

So, hair is the subject I see. Ironically, I'm getting my highlighted (or maybe lowlighted) in a couple of hours. There's also the constant debate if I want to cut it shorter or let it grow. I have naturally wavy/curly hair and it gets curlier the longer it gets, which DH loves. But, I struggle with the age/hair/face thing, even though I'm told I look much younger than I am. Drives him nuts. He says he'll tell me when I'm too old to have long hair.

Last edited by vanilla_latte; 03-13-2014 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Changes, baby, changes.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:30 PM   #2158
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cool Lori~! PA is a nice state. I liked living there. good people.
but BBBrrr I sure know it isn't like NC. our winters are so much easier
Old 03-13-2014, 04:59 PM   #2159
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Too busy at work this week---no time to stop in during the days and I see a lot is going on here these days!

Lori, hats off to you on the dawn boot camp. OMG, I'd injure myself. Can't even talk till I've been up at least an hour. Good on you for that discipline.

Msgoody---Another pound down! Your focus on this is really paying off! I need to do some walking too, it is so energizing. Come spring, that's on my list. BTW, weighing in on older post---I say stay clean on St. Pat's and maybe a bit of a treat on your b'day if you really want one. Once you've that big MO going on, a treat night can really throw you off.

Trigger--- Just 3 more pounds to 195. And that will be lower than you've been since I've been here, and I think the beginning of your second batch of weight GONEZO. Love that you're feeling killer drive about getting there, and can't wait to celebrate w/you when you do---we'll have to figure out something fun to do on line --- maybe a LCOW party to celebrate all of our efforts. I can think of some fun ways to do it!

Gobah---I always check in on vacation, even when I went to Cartagena Columbia. Helps me stay on track on vacation, and I like sharing a bit of my experiences w/my pals. Looking forward to hearing from you from the tent!

Vanilla---Ha ha. Loved the line about your husband telling you he'll be the judge of when you're too old for longer hair. Most men love longer hair on women, my hubby goes for either, but really likes short hair cuts on women, he thinks it's sexy in a different way. When he met me I had long curly hair, now I'm a short hair girl all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonGirl View Post
BG---just a quick note on this---carbs and net carbs are not about the amt of processing, they're about the amt of fiber. Fiber is not digested and does not spike blood sugar, which causes insulin spike, which causes weight gain. I do NCs and have done fine. But yeah, if I eat processed meat like hot dogs or salami etc, I definitely bloat out---SALT---despite the low carbs in each.

Wow, peeps, I look forward to when I get back to some work days from home and can check in and out here, instead of these looooooong posts. But honestly y'all say things I love to chat about, so long it is for now.

Lunch on the job today, JJ's unwich. Thinking I'll make LC eggs benedict for
"BRINNER." LOL, love this new word popping up in foodie news. It's like brunch, only instead of the breakfast and lunch concept, it's breakfast for dinner. Love the idea of eating what feels right at the time---LC pizza for breakfast if you feel like it!

The LC woe lends itself so well to this. Eat what you want, when you want it, just make it Low Carb.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:59 PM   #2160
Senior LCF Member

How cool is that! Lots of Pennsylvanians. Scranton was about 2 hours from where I used to live. I've been there a few times. Winters where I was in PA really weren't that bad. I only remember 1 really bad snow storm in the 25 years I lived there. NY was another story. I'm so happy to be in Kansas. Not a lot of snow here, but it was unseasonably cold here this winter frequently.

Trigger---Yes my allergies are going haywire now. It's been so nice this week. We've been in the 70's. I am NOT complaining. I love this weather it just doesn't love me back. I'm used to it though. I just gotta have those allergy meds and I can keep it controlled for the most part, but it makes me susceptible to sinus issues.

Nice to see you back Blue! I'm sorry you're so busy with work.
Closed Thread