Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 05:49 PM   #2101
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Oh...and Gobah, cool story about the rats, even if they scare me to death. But you're absolutely correct, hope is the ticket to everything we need and want. We won't get it all, but hope will keep the door open to the best efforts we can make, and I too really believe we are rewarded for that.
Hope is powerful. Sometimes at weddings you will hear the words quoted out of a famous book "faith, hope and love..., but the greatest of these is love." Hey...hope is right up there in the top 3!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2014, 07:48 AM   #2102
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
So true GoB
hope is important in life along with our determination to change what we want to change

well, today is a beautiful sunny carolina blue sky day here. gonna be warmer. Mud is SLOWLY drying but still horrible. ugh

rode horse yesterday for a small time which was fun. trying new tack on her. When I got off I planted my foot and when I dismounted that foot slid in the mud deep and I ended up twisting my knee. Can ya believe it? I tell ya I don't live right or something!!! So OW this morning. I thought it would hurt less, it hurts more LOL

Up 2 lbs and I know exactly why. Improtmu party with a few rum and diet pepsi last night with kiddo's friends mom. (yes this has got to stop)--plus diet pepsi makes the heart pvc's worse--gotta watch that big time). then at night since I skipped dinner I ate 1/2 a hersey chocolate bar. and um, it was the giant bar, not the little one.

so this is 2 lbs of late night drinks and chocolate which will come off fast I know.

but honestly I am maintaining. literally. which I kinda find very cool in the fact that I can do it. and I have for a few months now BUT my butt should be in loss mode and it is not.

I need to have a long talk with myself and you guys need to be screaming at me!! Tell me this is not a time to relax, to enjoy maintaining, I should be in loss mode and getting the rest of these lbs off because come summer when I have to put on my bathing suit (which is about middle of May here) I need some lbs GONZO or I will be moaning about the fact I didn't stick to my loss mode.

crazy huh. I KNOW I WILL be ticked if I don't get more off by summer for my vacations etc. yet I don't care that I will be mad. Even tho I know my disappointment will be huge. You would think that would kick me back into loss mode and stop having a good time of it maintaining? Am I insane or something? I truly wonder some days about me HA

well it is good to chat it out.
it helps alot.

today is clean lc eating and no drinking and getting some more things done around here. gonna tackle my car today. gonna clean it up big time and get that sparkling.

so all is good but I need that motivation to get back into loss mode. this 2-3-4 lbs up and down and up and down is annoying yet oddly satisfying??? hmmm

hope everyone is good today!

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-09-2014 at 07:50 AM..
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #2103
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
So true GoB
hope is important in life along with our determination to change what we want to change

well, today is a beautiful sunny carolina blue sky day here. gonna be warmer. Mud is SLOWLY drying but still horrible. ugh

rode horse yesterday for a small time which was fun. trying new tack on her. When I got off I planted my foot and when I dismounted that foot slid in the mud deep and I ended up twisting my knee. Can ya believe it? I tell ya I don't live right or something!!! So OW this morning. I thought it would hurt less, it hurts more LOL

Up 2 lbs and I know exactly why. Improtmu party with a few rum and diet pepsi last night with kiddo's friends mom. (yes this has got to stop)--plus diet pepsi makes the heart pvc's worse--gotta watch that big time). then at night since I skipped dinner I ate 1/2 a hersey chocolate bar. and um, it was the giant bar, not the little one.

so this is 2 lbs of late night drinks and chocolate which will come off fast I know.

but honestly I am maintaining. literally. which I kinda find very cool in the fact that I can do it. and I have for a few months now BUT my butt should be in loss mode and it is not.

I need to have a long talk with myself and you guys need to be screaming at me!! Tell me this is not a time to relax, to enjoy maintaining, I should be in loss mode and getting the rest of these lbs off because come summer when I have to put on my bathing suit (which is about middle of May here) I need some lbs GONZO or I will be moaning about the fact I didn't stick to my loss mode.

crazy huh. I KNOW I WILL be ticked if I don't get more off by summer for my vacations etc. yet I don't care that I will be mad. Even tho I know my disappointment will be huge. You would think that would kick me back into loss mode and stop having a good time of it maintaining? Am I insane or something? I truly wonder some days about me HA

well it is good to chat it out.
it helps alot.

today is clean lc eating and no drinking and getting some more things done around here. gonna tackle my car today. gonna clean it up big time and get that sparkling.

so all is good but I need that motivation to get back into loss mode. this 2-3-4 lbs up and down and up and down is annoying yet oddly satisfying??? hmmm

hope everyone is good today!
good morning trig! Sorry about your knee

I'll let the ladies scream at you to get your rear in gear on losing the pounds for the swimsuit.

I lost .9 yesterday, but only because I rode hills all day and pretty much skipped dinner. But it was a really fun and great day! I had a blast losing the weight.

That's what we all have to find for ourselves, making losing the weight as fun as we can. Right
Old 03-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #2104
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Trigger---You're going to have to take it easy on that knee. You just jump right back on track. It's great that you're able to maintain. You know exactly what you have to do to maintain and that's great! You're ahead of the game. You know, even if you didn't lose another pound by Summer you've accomplished so much! You're smarter and healthier! You have all the tools you need to succeed at your fingertips. All you have to do is utilize them to their fullest and you'll knock off those pounds in no time. I'm rooting for you!

The husband is making my omelet now. It smells so good!! I didn't lose any pounds today. Just a couple ounces again so I got a sneak peek of that 156 number. It's coming! Something pretty cool though, I lost a dress size! I'm a 10 from a 12. I'm completely content with a size 10 but I'm still at it! I joked that I could quit now, but no way I'm loving it too much!!

Another weird thing is for the past couple of days, no headaches! I have had daily headaches for years. If this keeps up I know I will never quit low carbing. Carbs cause headaches!? I guess that makes sense.

Have a great day on plan!!
Old 03-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #2105
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hey Trig---where's the "spanking" icon when you need it, LOL.

I would rather have a hershey's w/almond candy bar than any fancy chocolates.
In fact, that's one of the few candies that even tempt me, not much of a sweet tooth. Thank you God for that. If I lusted for both bread AND chocolate I'd probably just throw my hands up and turn into a blimp.

Maintaining is fine, second best to losing, as we've discussed. But you don't want to stop here. I know you don't. So what do you want more? The candy bar or the slimmer (AND healthier) you on the beach? That's really the question, right?

Here's my thoughts. You need SPECIFIC subs for when you get the candy urge, ones you've planned ahead for. I know I've mentioned the GLCBC lemon bars often enough, but one of these fried a bit w/whipped cream and whatever toppings WILL make you forget that candy bar for just 3 NCs. Or, berries and cream w/vanilla SF Toriani syrup and roasted sliced almonds. Or my jello, cream cheese, berry and nut crust dessert, which I will send you the recipe for if you're interest. These are my go to sweet treats, and I really find them all delicious and satisfying.

Also, maybe make a deal w/yourself to try on that swim suit you bought BEFORE you have the candy bar. That might just be the best cure for a high carb treat there is. Only takes minutes, but sure packs a punch of motivation I think.

You know, I envy your ability to lose well and surely when you put your mind to it. I put my mind to it, and the scale still laughs at me for weeks before it gives in. So you've got that going for you, now you need to get going for it!

Gobah---It's so great that you love that kind of intense exercise. Me, I'd rather be on the sofa reading a great book, and darn, why is it fair that improving my mind burns absolutely no calories?!

So Msgoody, thought of you today because I did my grocery shopping. And I just want you to know what you have to look forward to---I know you'll get there. Might take awhile, but then one day you'll find yourself happily making your LC list, and looking forward to stocking up.

Went to two places to get what I needed and enjoyed every bit of it. In fact, I've never found grocery shopping so interesting or fun. And I don't get overwhelmed by everything offered because I know what I want, and am pleasantly uninterested in the carby stuff. I now have so many tasty LC things I like to make I enjoy stocking up, and always, there's something new to try.

For instance, this AM I read in the ML that Trader Joe's had Hollandaise sauce. Couldn't slap my boots on fast enough to get over there and pick some up, as well as my other many fave TJ products.

Then I made myself eggs freaking Benedict, which I LOVE. Made it w/a GLCBC bagel, canadian bacon, poached eggs and the nectar of the Gods, fabulous Hollandaise all made, you just have to warm it up. Oh, man, I am a happy gal. And very satisfied. I will easily make it to dinner w/out craving anything.

Dinner will be one of my casserole salads, all kinds of fun LC stuff. It will be a good day on the woe.

Down to 182 on the nose this AM, the low I last saw 2 weeks ago, with a flash of 181. C'mon baby, two more pounds before San Diego! Yeah!
Old 03-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #2106
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---It's so great that you love that kind of intense exercise. Me, I'd rather be on the sofa reading a great book, and darn, why is it fair that improving my mind burns absolutely no calories?!

!
Ahhh...you'll get out when it warms up. I'll be cracking the whip on you girl But we all benefit from your beautiful mind, so keep on reading too.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:43 PM   #2107
Major LCF Poster!

Gobah---About 5 years ago I did a year of increasingly intense exercise that led to 6 X a week for an hour, combining aerobic, weights and pilates. I LOVED IT every time---when it was over. And yeah, I sometimes loved it during. And I know I will NEVER be that buff again. But, ultimately, it was not, and will never be, something I can sustain. Just too many other things I want to do with that time.

Which is why I said, and meant, it is a great thing to really love "just doing it" in terms of the physical. It is a big advantage to find your pleasure where it helps you out w/weight and health.

I miss the sweaty high when I was done, but not enough to go back there in that way. My thought is that come spring, and as I close in on my goal, I will add exercise back in. But it must, for me now, be something I can accomplish in 20 or so minutes 4 or so times a week. That is a goal I hope to take on, and one that I have a chance of sustaining, long term.

Trigger---In my zest to talk about the woe thing, I forgot to mention your knee. Wow, I almost felt that mud suck that twisted things up. Hope it's getting better as the day here fades.
Old 03-09-2014, 07:02 PM   #2108
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---About 5 years ago I did a year of increasingly intense exercise that led to 6 X a week for an hour, combining aerobic, weights and pilates. I LOVED IT every time---when it was over. And yeah, I sometimes loved it during. And I know I will NEVER be that buff again. But, ultimately, it was not, and will never be, something I can sustain. Just too many other things I want to do with that time.

Which is why I said, and meant, it is a great thing to really love "just doing it" in terms of the physical. It is a big advantage to find your pleasure where it helps you out w/weight and health.

I miss the sweaty high when I was done, but not enough to go back there in that way. My thought is that come spring, and as I close in on my goal, I will add exercise back in. But it must, for me now, be something I can accomplish in 20 or so minutes 4 or so times a week. That is a goal I hope to take on, and one that I have a chance of sustaining, long term.

Trigger---In my zest to talk about the woe thing, I forgot to mention your knee. Wow, I almost felt that mud suck that twisted things up. Hope it's getting better as the day here fades.
I totally love what you just wrote. I want to come back to it. Because we are all at different places in life. Getting thin isn't where everyone is at! It just feels that way when WE are trying to get there.

For some perverse reason...I think everyone is just like me I keep thinking that, even though I KNOW that is not true.

WHY?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #2109
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
I totally love what you just wrote. I want to come back to it. Because we are all at different places in life. Getting thin isn't where everyone is at! It just feels that way when WE are trying to get there.

For some perverse reason...I think everyone is just like me I keep thinking that, even though I KNOW that is not true.

WHY?
Why? well GB, part of the reason is that you are so full of yourself, that, of course, you think everyone else is just like you. I mean seriously pal...get a grip...you are not that great and you can thank God that most people are NOT like you. You are a self absorbed ego-maniac.

GoBahnsen: Pay no attention to him ladies. He doesn't know what he is saying. He means well...everyone just move along and post...
Old 03-10-2014, 06:33 AM   #2110
Senior LCF Member

GoBahnsen---WTG on that .9 loss!

Still no loss on that scale, but I did manage to lose an inch off my waist though. I can't tell you how happy I am to be a size 10 again. So, things are definitely happening. My husband says he sees it, and so did one of our cousins. I don't see it at all. I'm still that same fat chick in the mirror. I wonder if I always will be. I know it's a mental head game. I just have been overweight for so long. Probably about 15 years.

I started thinking about what size I will be when I get to 130 and that I will have a S, M, and L in my closet once I get to goal.

Day 3 of no headaches! Are you kidding me!? All I had to do was low carb. That's great though! That's a pretty easy fix.

It's going to be 75 degrees here today!

Old 03-10-2014, 08:42 AM   #2111
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks all. Blue wants a spanking icon LOL I hear ya and one day it will come back at you!

MsGoody I have the know-how, where is the want-to? Honestly I am in a funk.

believe me guys it has to be the menupause kicking in. hot and cold flashes last few days.....mind going kinda wonky, with the "I don't care attitude'

But let me tell ya....longer you go on plan IT DOES save you. Cause delivering my order to my health food store I was set to go thru McDs and get double Q with cheese, large fry and 10 nuggets. OH YEA! Crappola I have not eaten in over 'a year or so. YET it was right there. right there for me. I wanted it. WHY no clue? But I checked purse and had $6 cause I didn't hit the bank. Thankfully $6 was not gonna be enough food for me LOL of course I drove on cause really and truly there isn't any way I am going to eat that ever again....but what scared me was "I sure was on the edge' thinking about it!!

Knee great this morning. Hmm.. Hurt like crazy but this morning woke up and perfect. Love it!

I am 'doing mind things' like I know a monster change is coming. I want a HUGE shakeup in life. I am heading towards it. I think financially I can make it work that hubby gets to retire at 51. 4 years. All this is working on me.

again gotta be the menapause LOL

but last year when I went for checkup they said I was 'pre-mena'---not in it?
hmm. so why bother right now. what worries me if this is PRE what the heck is 'IN IT' going to be!?" LOL

The Lord have Mercy !

just chatting and rambling and going on cause ya'll know I will be fine the next day. today is one of those days LOL
Old 03-10-2014, 03:06 PM   #2112
Major LCF Poster!

Msgoody---Congrats on the smaller dress size! And yeah, I've heard several on this site talk about their headaches becoming much less frequent since starting LC. Also, acid reflux, which I was starting to get all the time 42 pounds heavier than now---almost totally gone, and the rare times it show up, it's not severe or long.

Trigger---LOL, yeah and if we had that icon we'd probably be using it to paddle Blue tomorrow. We've got friends in from out of town, and they want to go to our fave Thai restaurant, which they love. So off we go soon, and although I'll try my best to stay close to plan, I'm thinkin' it's not going to be my best night.

Gobah---We all have a tendency to think folks must see things like us, even when we find out time after time they don't. Doesn't make you an egomaniac. Be nicer to yourself!

Got my hair colored and cut today, and wow, what an upper that is. I always put it off too long trying to save money, then when I see the improvement I think now why didn't I do this 2 or 3 weeks ago instead of enduring all those bad hair days. Oh well, done now and enjoying it.

Just an a steamed artichoke so far today. As I said above, we're off to a Thai restaurant tonight. Went and looked at their menu and there are some things more LC friendly, but of course they aren't the things I love there. We'll see how it goes. Frankly, I'm stalled anyway, doesn't seem to matter how I eat. Might pick up some bloat tonight, but then it will go away in a couple of days and leave me right back where I was.

Up a pound today, after VERY clean eating the last few days, again, who knows why. So I'm just going to have fun w/our great pals tonight at one of our fave restaurants and let it be what it will be. Won't go hog wild though, or Trigger will post that pix again, LOL!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #2113
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
GoBahnsen---WTG on that .9 loss!

Still no loss on that scale, but I did manage to lose an inch off my waist though. I can't tell you how happy I am to be a size 10 again. So, things are definitely happening. My husband says he sees it, and so did one of our cousins. I don't see it at all. I'm still that same fat chick in the mirror. I wonder if I always will be. I know it's a mental head game. I just have been overweight for so long. Probably about 15 years.

I started thinking about what size I will be when I get to 130 and that I will have a S, M, and L in my closet once I get to goal.

Day 3 of no headaches! Are you kidding me!? All I had to do was low carb. That's great though! That's a pretty easy fix.

It's going to be 75 degrees here today!

Thnx Msgoody! That's so great that LC is helping with the headaches
Old 03-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #2114
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---We all have a tendency to think folks must see things like us, even when we find out time after time they don't. Doesn't make you an egomaniac. Be nicer to yourself!

!
thnx Blue, for your nice words. I enjoy some self-deprecating humor from time to time. It helps me to stay in touch with humility.

Have a great rest of the day friend!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:22 PM   #2115
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals and a guy,

So, we're home after SUCH a fun night! I have no idea what I ate in terms of carbs and calories, so for the first time since Jan. 1, I won't be doing my tracker. It would be an exercise in guessing.

We went to this Thai restaurant here in the city that is very authentic, small and fabulous. I had green papaya salad, and crispy shrimp and garlic. Huge plate of shrimp, and they weren't overly battered at all, but very crispy w/a light something that I'm sure was all carbs. Not to mention the sauce I was dipping it in. And I ate it all. So delicious.

These are long time, old time friends of ours, and it was a celebration to be together again. I'm sure I'll pay for it on the scale tomorrow morning, but at least, thank God, we don't have that paddling icon YET, as I'd surely deserve it, and I don't care! LOL.

Some nights are special and this was one of them. No regrets.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #2116
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi gals and a guy,

So, we're home after SUCH a fun night! I have no idea what I ate in terms of carbs and calories, so for the first time since Jan. 1, I won't be doing my tracker. It would be an exercise in guessing.

We went to this Thai restaurant here in the city that is very authentic, small and fabulous. I had green papaya salad, and crispy shrimp and garlic. Huge plate of shrimp, and they weren't overly battered at all, but very crispy w/a light something that I'm sure was all carbs. Not to mention the sauce I was dipping it in. And I ate it all. So delicious.

These are long time, old time friends of ours, and it was a celebration to be together again. I'm sure I'll pay for it on the scale tomorrow morning, but at least, thank God, we don't have that paddling icon YET, as I'd surely deserve it, and I don't care! LOL.

Some nights are special and this was one of them. No regrets.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:57 AM   #2117
Major LCF Poster!

No wild hog pic today Blue. You didn't go hog wild LOL! No regrets. That is key also cause if we decide to eat whatever, we know the consequences. At least at this stage in the game even if I sway a bit, it will never ever be back to the old ways totally. So we do have lc on our minds.

I color blond. I also wait a bit too long. I just get tired of coloring. Thought a bunch of times going back to my brown color, but blond keeps calling my name. What color are you?

MsGoody glad to hear lc is helping with the headaches also. eating cleaner food is important. all that processed stuff could have chemicals in it that trigger those headaches. eating fresh clean light lc is definitely helping your body!

Hi GoB!!

I woke up more normal. less hot flashes last night. Hmm. maybe I will stop all this stupid mess for a bit. My mind seems more clear. Don't have that wiggly/anxious/wonky feeling. I will roll with that and hope it settles for a bit.

I tell ya I can get funky weird and wired some days....but then they pass. Getting older, gotta love it

just usual work to do today and nice and sunny and pretty outside. rain tomorrow. we are just about drying up and here comes some rain. shoot me

easy lc. got a hankering for tuna. waiting on my GLBC order. wish it would get here. would love a bagel!

hold strong everyone. we got this in the long run!!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:50 AM   #2118
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No wild hog pic today Blue. You didn't go hog wild LOL! No regrets. That is key also cause if we decide to eat whatever, we know the consequences. At least at this stage in the game even if I sway a bit, it will never ever be back to the old ways totally. So we do have lc on our minds.

I color blond. I also wait a bit too long. I just get tired of coloring. Thought a bunch of times going back to my brown color, but blond keeps calling my name. What color are you?

MsGoody glad to hear lc is helping with the headaches also. eating cleaner food is important. all that processed stuff could have chemicals in it that trigger those headaches. eating fresh clean light lc is definitely helping your body!

Hi GoB!!

I woke up more normal. less hot flashes last night. Hmm. maybe I will stop all this stupid mess for a bit. My mind seems more clear. Don't have that wiggly/anxious/wonky feeling. I will roll with that and hope it settles for a bit.

I tell ya I can get funky weird and wired some days....but then they pass. Getting older, gotta love it

just usual work to do today and nice and sunny and pretty outside. rain tomorrow. we are just about drying up and here comes some rain. shoot me

easy lc. got a hankering for tuna. waiting on my GLBC order. wish it would get here. would love a bagel!

hold strong everyone. we got this in the long run!!
Hi Trig! How's my horse back riding girl?
Old 03-11-2014, 07:21 AM   #2119
Senior LCF Member

Hi LCF's,

I'm still trucking along. No loss again, but another day without a headache is a victory!

The husband is literally driving me nuts! He wants to cheat on St. Patricks Day and again on my birthday next month. I don't think I'm going to cheat On St. Patricks Day, but we're going to the casino for my 40th next month and at the least I'll probably have some drinks.

I really don't want to backslide. This is hard work and in past diet history once I start cheating I don't stop. I do feel like I'm in a different place and mindset, but this will really be the test to see what happens. My birthday is still a month out so we'll see where I'm at by then. I know I'm going to have to figure out how to make the best choices when I'm out.

Have a great day on plan!
Old 03-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #2120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Hi LCF's,

I'm still trucking along. No loss again, but another day without a headache is a victory!

The husband is literally driving me nuts! He wants to cheat on St. Patricks Day and again on my birthday next month. I don't think I'm going to cheat On St. Patricks Day, but we're going to the casino for my 40th next month and at the least I'll probably have some drinks.

I really don't want to backslide. This is hard work and in past diet history once I start cheating I don't stop. I do feel like I'm in a different place and mindset, but this will really be the test to see what happens. My birthday is still a month out so we'll see where I'm at by then. I know I'm going to have to figure out how to make the best choices when I'm out.

Have a great day on plan!
Good morning goody! Just try to establish a new habit. It takes like 60 days on average, some number, to break an old habit.

The point is, that if you can get enough time under your belt, it will go a long way in actually having a new way of life. So don't give up!!

Stay in here and be accountable
Old 03-11-2014, 08:31 AM   #2121
Major LCF Poster!

doing fine GoB
horse is doing great also. lives better than I do! She gets to eat like a horse and it looks good on HER!

MsGoody, USE YOUR few cheats very very sparingly. It is very true one must stick wtih the plan as HARD as they can in the beginning. If you 'start' to cheat a bit here and there when you start, it is a privilege you allow yourself more and more. and believe me it doesn't help

When I started I never cheated for over 6-7 months. I stuck to my guns. Once I allowed a 'few things' back into my life, believe me it gets harder, and harder and harder.
a few lc drinks, no biggie truly. you stall a bit. but food is a whole 'nuther story!!
You stay LC all the way baby for as long as you can! it makes your plan change so much easier in the long haul.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #2122
Senior LCF Member

Trigger and GoBahnsen,

The sad part is I don't even want to cheat! I'm feeling so good now. If I start eating that poison again my headaches will be back too. I don't want to go there again.

I've been doing a lot of reading about the carbs and headaches. It could be any number of things. It could be refined carbs or pasta. Insulin resistance is also mentioned. Once I get to goal I plan to add things one at a time and see what makes me get a headache. Whatever it is I can't have it in my life!

I just walked another mile on my treadmill. Feeling great!!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 03-11-2014 at 09:20 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 AM   #2123
Major LCF Poster!

NO MATTER WHAT!

REPEAT THOSE WORDS

No matter what (anyone, anything, any situation) will NOT sway you from what you want to do.

I had that problem. hubbys b-day and out we went. I absolutely had no intention of eating off plan. in the end when we got home there was his cake. he talked me into a small piece of which I only ate 1 forkful. then I threw it. ---the OH COME ON one small piece just cause it is my b-day.

but this was WELL into the start. not had alot of time under my belt so I think he thought the 'diet' was going to take LOL boy did I fool him. NOW HE never ever in a million years asks me to eat anything anymore. He learned. I will not eat anything at any time I don't want and no one can make me now LOL

if you feel real strong about staying on plan, you do it gal! We got your back!!!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #2124
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Trigger!

I think he must feel like if I cheat it's ok for him to cheat and vice versa. Not happening! I'm not going to do it. If I want to cheat at some point I will, but because I want to, not for anyone else's pressures. They don't live in my body and they don't have to live with that choice, I do.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:16 PM   #2125
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
NO MATTER WHAT!

REPEAT THOSE WORDS

No matter what (anyone, anything, any situation) will NOT sway you from what you want to do.

I had that problem. hubbys b-day and out we went. I absolutely had no intention of eating off plan. in the end when we got home there was his cake. he talked me into a small piece of which I only ate 1 forkful. then I threw it. ---the OH COME ON one small piece just cause it is my b-day.

but this was WELL into the start. not had alot of time under my belt so I think he thought the 'diet' was going to take LOL boy did I fool him. NOW HE never ever in a million years asks me to eat anything anymore. He learned. I will not eat anything at any time I don't want and no one can make me now LOL

if you feel real strong about staying on plan, you do it gal! We got your back!!!
Preach it Sistahhh!
Old 03-11-2014, 06:48 PM   #2126
Major LCF Poster!

Amen Brother!

Great attitude MsG!!!

I did very well today
3 scrambled, 2 slices cheese melted about 2 nc
bit of smoked pulled pork 0 nc
tuna with mayo on 2 slices rye lc bread 2 nc

TA DA came in at 4 nc for the day. nothing else but water and more water and more water

I decided the next 2 weeks is VERY low carb. I know that does me good so I will just eat like this for a bit and HOPEFULLY get some results.

Cause today was hot. hit 75. sun was shining and I was getting worried shorts and all is coming faster than I am thinking Gotta shift some lbs gone now.
no more messing around....hmmmm....hope this works cause whenever I make a statement I sure haven't stuck to it lately LOL
Old 03-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #2127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Amen Brother!

I did very well today
Old 03-12-2014, 06:12 AM   #2128
Major LCF Poster!

Blue you did not post yesterday. Hmm. best pop in and tell me all is ok and post today or I am coming out to your house to check your computer
no post from you on a daily basis worries me. I need ya here LOL

well my bloat of 1.8 is gone. Nice drop. 199 on the stupid nose again. OK folks. Here we go. It is 5 lbs as fast as possible. Mind in a good spot right now so I think that I can get'er done.

but when I make grand statements I go backwards. Not this time.

food today is simple
hamburger patty wtih slice cheese and portabella mushrooms (1 cup) 3 nc
tuna with mayo on rye glbc. 2 nc
sauteed chicken with broccoli (1 cup) 6 nc

So that will do it for the day. more than enough food for me

rainy, icky, bleck outside. turning colder again tomorrow. COME ON WEATHER. I need carolina blue skies with 90 degrees !!!!!

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:17 AM   #2129
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lori_:)
Stats: 221/186/160
WOE: Low Carb-My way
Start Date: January 2013
Hello!

I hope you don't mind someone new joining in? The low carb my way title caught my eye as that is what I'm now doing. Last January-March I lost about 30 lbs following a strict diet. I took off for the summer/fall and luckily didn't put but a few pounds back on. At the end of October I did an 8 week "step" of a low carb diet and then moved into Step 2. After a gain of 4 lbs in a month, I quickly jumped ship! Plus, I was tired of watching the clock and eating when I wasn't hungry as the plan called for. Anyway.......I like the low carb lifestyle with the occasional treat thrown in, so here I am!

A little about me. I'm 54 years old, work full time and am anxiously looking forward to getting back out on the golf course if the weather ever breaks! For exercise I do 3-4 days a week of strenuous boot camp training at 5:45 in the morning. Once the weather moderates, my DH and I will go out and run/walk about 3 miles or so 3 times a week. I'll also be walking the golf course twice a week once the snow melts!

I look forward to being a member of this group!
Old 03-12-2014, 09:28 AM   #2130
Major LCF Poster!

menu change on that tuna

bacon, cheese, mayo on 2 slices lc bread. YUM
no mater, no lettuce. I gotta get to the store my fake BLT was wonderful.

2.5 net carbs total. Gotta love it!!!!!!! It felt so absolutely decadent eating this! with the GLCB company I have to say honestly this is the deciding factor for me that I can handle LC for life. Just a stupid vehicle for holding a sandwich that is tasty, lc, and doesn't make me crave at all and FILLING!

--------Hi Lori! Join right on in. We do LC OUR WAY. whatever and however we need to eat to fit this way of eating into our personal lifestyles. We don't follow a written plan, we just LC and work it best we can and see that we make forward progress. We might be a bit slow in losing but we are doing it with meals we know we can stick with forever.

Your weight is like mine and I am 52. You got me on that exercise tho. I ride horses and swim when weather kicks in. other than that I barely ever 'do exercise' might help more if I would!
Closed Thread