Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Kimberli33
Stats: 200 /166/149? 5ft 6 1/2 in. Age 42
WOE: LC-My Way start 1/27 then JUDDD on 3/12 2 171.5lbs
Start Date: Jan 27,2013 at 199 for the LAST time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
oh I am right there with you. I would never eat before at least 11:30 am.

but just since oct. when I started my plan it is changing. I never thought I would change ever in this life about breakfast. who knew LOL

I am not the 'you should eat breakfast' person at all. I just do it now cause when I started bacon was available to eat, in large quantity, so I started breakfast bacon made me do it.
bacon made me do it...lol

Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #182
Big Yapper!!!!

Well......I had a "free" meal today with my daughters...VERY free.lol Who wants to bet there will be NO losses tomorrow.lol..Ya know what though,thats ok,I wanna be able to eat what I want at times without counting anything.Might sloooow me down by a few days but wont derail me.Just keep on chugging.

Last edited by Kimberli33; 02-22-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 02-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #183
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus83 View Post
Hmmm it makes sense, its just Mon - Fri work days its hard to find time to cook a big breakfast like that. if there was something quick i could do would probably try it.

just random question but how do i add a signature? ive looked in user control, edit option and it mentions show signature but nowhere to actually add one. Do i have to pm admin? anyone know? x
Focus here is the info about signatures:
Tickers and Images in your Signatures
Old 02-22-2013, 02:56 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I had 2 pork chops for breakfast. about 10am

lunch was 2 chicken thighs with skin

atkins bar---granola with chocolate chip
5 squares 76% chocolate

stuffed. there won't be anything else tonight. everyone is getting their own food today for dinner. leftovers or whatever they find. made some shrimp and a salad for daughter. hubby had chicken and stuffing. KITCHEN IS NOW CLOSED

I was gonna eat a ton of veggies for dinner but I am just not hungry.

Focus I think you have to be on the forum for 60 days before it gives you all the options etc. (not 100% sure but I remember something like that)
Old 02-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Well......I had a "free" meal today with my daughters...VERY free.lol Who wants to bet there will be NO losses tomorrow.lol..Ya know what though,thats ok,I wanna be able to eat what I want at times without counting anything.Might sloooow me down by a few days but wont derail me.Just keep on chugging.

as long as it doesn't derail ya, ....eh.

I do it. every now and then I eat whatever I want. I am careful not to eat the absolute foods I love that I know I have a hard time pulling back from.

slow down a few days is not problem. you got a bit of time on your side to get where you want to go! me too!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: focus83
Stats: 316.5/292.25/285
WOE: 30g carbs or less
Start Date: 01/01/2013
Since Ive restarted i had two free meals and the day after was such a challenge i had to get help to get back on plan. It does sort of help with weight loss as in a way i got the cravings out of myself but trying to avoid these free meals. Hope you enjoyed it. In my cases it never tasted as good as my memory of it. If that makes sense.

Thanks Trigger, yup think its 60 day rule.

Managed to do 30 mins on an exercise bike today, will try do the same tomo.

Just got delivered my low carb goodies i ordered on line. Now have some da vinci syrup. Its huge!! not even sure how i am going to use it. Thinking try it with coffee and to make some low carb desert. Do you guys use them at all? x
Old 02-22-2013, 04:52 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

also for heavy meals it is best to be on plan for a while. your control is stronger. when you just are kinda starting out the higher carby foods can draw you back up the scale very easily.

I can eat most things now and not crave afterward. but even with that I have to be super careful.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:57 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Just got delivered my low carb goodies i ordered on line. Now have some da vinci syrup. Its huge!! not even sure how i am going to use it. Thinking try it with coffee and to make some low carb desert. Do you guys use them at all? x
Yea for low carb goodies! I have gone through one small bottle of SF vanilla syrup (350 mls) in about 3 months. I also have raspberry and caramel. My grocery store has a few flavors but not as many as online. I like to put some in unsweetened chocolate almond milk and heat it up to make a "hot chocolate". Also I used it as quite a bit in the "Fantastic Flour Mix" muffins I made the first time - it acted as a sweetener and the liquid for the recipe. There is a whole thread in the recipes forum on what to do with the syrups: http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ffee-help.html.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I had 2 pork chops for breakfast. about 10am

lunch was 2 chicken thighs with skin

atkins bar---granola with chocolate chip
5 squares 76% chocolate

stuffed. there won't be anything else tonight. everyone is getting their own food today for dinner. leftovers or whatever they find. made some shrimp and a salad for daughter. hubby had chicken and stuffing. KITCHEN IS NOW CLOSED

I was gonna eat a ton of veggies for dinner but I am just not hungry.
Sounds like you had a good day! Kitchen was closed here tonight too. DS (age 10) had no school today because of snow, so he was at grandparents' house and grandpa brought him a Hardee's cheeseburger around 4:30, then he had an Atkins Advantage bar when he got home (I guess I should be happy he likes them as he does not need any sugar for sure). I am trying to make up for yesterday myself so I let DH scrounge leftovers for supper.

Here's what I had today:

B - Atkins Advantage milk chocolate shake

L - Atkins crustless chicken pot pie frozen dinner, sm. package salt & vinegar almonds

S -Premier Protein chocolate shake, 2 peanut butter fat bombs, 1 oz. cream cheese
Old 02-22-2013, 05:24 PM   #190
Big Yapper!!!!

I do pretty ok at having 1 free meal a week and then getting right back to it.Never notice any cravings the next day and am always glad to get back to eating foods that make me feel good and LOSE.
Its just nice to go out and not worry about carbs once in awhile,I know this wouldnt work for alot of people though.
Im not sure id say im a carb addict...but,it can mentally be a slippery slope for me in the past.Eating carbs equaled failure,that was my mentality, but with a new mindset that some carbs is ok as long as most of my food is healthy I think I will still see success.
March Goal 169lbs-met March 13th
Aprils Goal 159lbs-
Goal Weight-149lbs-
Current weight -189lbs after months of insanity
Old 02-22-2013, 06:13 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
I'm not good with cheat meals, I'm learning! Cheat meals become cheat days.....never cheat weeks thanks goodness! So I'm just trying to stay away. Maybe it will get better at some point.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:33 PM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoug4ho View Post
I'm not good with cheat meals, I'm learning! Cheat meals become cheat days.....never cheat weeks thanks goodness! So I'm just trying to stay away. Maybe it will get better at some point.
Ya it is a challenge to maintain that balance but the meal is over and im back on track and here on the boards, hopefully no harm done!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

ONE lb. drop. only 1.5 til ONEderland....well, 1.7 lbs I guess HAHA

I am dragging (literally dragging) hubby to the mall today to walk around and look at clothes. he gave me the look. too bad. I promised to feed him real good at lunch. that worked to make the trip easier on him---heehee

everyone lose weight today!!! I plan too

see ya'll later and everyone lose weight
Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #194
Big Yapper!!!!

Karen-WTG on the lossYou will make Onederland by March!!!Have fun shopping!

I'm up 6ounces today.Not suprised though.I was a BAD girl yesterday.Keeping it really simple and clean today.Wont post my menu though just going to wing it...as it might be a fast of sorts.If not a vlc day for certain, to jump right back into ketosis.I've had coffee and water so far.
Im REALLY having the BR issues tooUsually an off meal will get things going again but not too much this time.Going to take some extra magnesium and see if that helps any.Lots and lots of water too.
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberli33 View Post
Karen-WTG on the lossYou will make Onederland by March!!!Have fun shopping!

I'm up 6ounces today.Not suprised though.I was a BAD girl yesterday.Keeping it really simple and clean today.Wont post my menu though just going to wing it...as it might be a fast of sorts.If not a vlc day for certain, to jump right back into ketosis.I've had coffee and water so far.
Im REALLY having the BR issues tooUsually an off meal will get things going again but not too much this time.Going to take some extra magnesium and see if that helps any.Lots and lots of water too.
I'm up to, to 266.4! I think it was the erythritol. I took 2 magnesium last night (250 mg) each and one this morning. I usually only take one a day! Nothing on that front yet... I am going to be very good this weekend too. I really want to be back down to 265 by Monday. Then I'll have 2 weeks to get down to 261 for my online dietbet. I would love to be 255 before my cruise (starts on St. Patrick's Day), I guess we will see!
Old 02-23-2013, 12:19 PM   #196
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone.

Do you all find weekends a challenge as much as i do? Totally had to plan out today to stop myself overeating. Same with tomo.

I be happy if on Monday i didnt gain anything new. x

PS Trigger well done you are so close to Onderland! KUTGW!
Old 02-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hey everyone.

Do you all find weekends a challenge as much as i do? Totally had to plan out today to stop myself overeating. Same with tomo.

Yes, weekends can be hard. Much more access to food than during the week when I am at work all day. Today I have probably blown it already, plus we am going out to dinner with the in-laws.

Breakfast - Atkins Advantage milk chocolate shake, 1 piece bacon, 1 egg white (cracked open a HB egg that I thought was raw...ate the white but didn't feel like eating the yolk)

Lunch - Chinese restaurant buffet 3 chicken terayaki sticks (they didn't have a sauce on them and didn't taste sweet), maybe 1/2 of a thigh of "barbeque chicken" (large pieces of chicken, didn't really have any sauce on it), small amount Hunan pork, stir-fry green beans, stir-fry greens (bok choy? not sure)

Supper - not sure where we are going yet
Old 02-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

no I really have to say that weekends are no different than any other day for me.

I won't allow them to be hard. I just eat very LC. And I accept it.

Today was mall shopping, dragging hubby who ended up having a blast cause he found a few nice clothes on sale he was in his glory finding things easy and cheap but great quality. Man I love 70% off.

and we ate at Wings. He was thinking Dennys but I said Wings would be better for me so off we went. 10 buffalo wings and a nice ceasar salad and stuffed. We thought about sucking down a few beers but I ended up not doing it. Gonna save those beers for a more fun time for later.

on plan and doing well.

Wings had a nice bacon, cheddar/jack, grilled chicken on a tortilla. I am definitely getting it next time. today I passed cause I was in a wing mood, but that tortilla just sounded so darn good.

Misti the buffets can be deadly. even if I eat just the meats you would think are OK I definitely gain and stall for a few days. whatever is in that chinese is deadly for me LOL
last time I went everyone piled their plates high. I had plain old shrimp and a monster salad. didn't touch one piece of chinese. thankfully it lost its appeal.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:50 PM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
no I really have to say that weekends are no different than any other day for me.

I won't allow them to be hard. I just eat very LC. And I accept it.

Today was mall shopping, dragging hubby who ended up having a blast cause he found a few nice clothes on sale he was in his glory finding things easy and cheap but great quality. Man I love 70% off.

and we ate at Wings. He was thinking Dennys but I said Wings would be better for me so off we went. 10 buffalo wings and a nice ceasar salad and stuffed. We thought about sucking down a few beers but I ended up not doing it. Gonna save those beers for a more fun time for later.

on plan and doing well.

Wings had a nice bacon, cheddar/jack, grilled chicken on a tortilla. I am definitely getting it next time. today I passed cause I was in a wing mood, but that tortilla just sounded so darn good.

Misti the buffets can be deadly. even if I eat just the meats you would think are OK I definitely gain and stall for a few days. whatever is in that chinese is deadly for me LOL
last time I went everyone piled their plates high. I had plain old shrimp and a monster salad. didn't touch one piece of chinese. thankfully it lost its appeal.
Wings sound awesome but it is unlikely the in-laws would go to a wing place for supper! I didn't even really want to go the buffet, and almost let DH and DS go while I ran a few errands, but it was just easier to go in with them. I really hope it doesn't cause me any more problems. Otherwise I might have to do something more drastic tomorrow!
Old 02-23-2013, 04:13 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Hubbys parents wanted chinese buffet one time and I didn't go. I told him and daughter to go and meet them. told him I couldn't eat it and wouldn't. He hemmed and hawed for a bit feeling like he shouldn't go without me (I trained him well ) but I finally convinced I really wanted them to go and I had no problem staying home. Plus I got some quiet time. Gave daughter $10 to go to the dollar store and buy a toy after. I bought myself more time HAHA
Old 02-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #201
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Hey everyone.

They sure can be.Sometimes I just allow myself 1 free meal a week.My free meal was yesterday,family had Chinese and Starbucks today and I sipped on lemon water.They all felt bad but I told them not too,I could choose to eat it too but that I didnt want too.Hopefully it will mean a nice loss on the scale tomorrowI made a LC shepherd pie tonight and it was very good,will be adding it to my recipe box.The rest of the day was coffee and water to make up for yesterdays off meal.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Wings sound awesome but it is unlikely the in-laws would go to a wing place for supper! I didn't even really want to go the buffet, and almost let DH and DS go while I ran a few errands, but it was just easier to go in with them. I really hope it doesn't cause me any more problems. Otherwise I might have to do something more drastic tomorrow!
lots of sodium,any gain is due to be water.flush,flush,flush and you will be fine
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Adoug4ho
Stats: 222/198/175?
Start Date: October 29, 2012; restart 1/14/13 (carb creep!)
Focus, I hear ya about the weekends. It's my only unscheduled time, so I often celebrate that to the extreme with my eating choices. I also enjoy not having to plan every hour. But, for me, the old adage "failing to plan is planning to fail" could not be more true. I've cracked the weekend whip!
Old 02-24-2013, 04:18 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reta
Stats: 182.8 / 177.4 / 125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Every morning
Hi everyone. i had a very busy day yesterday. Enjoyed LC my way and woke up .8lbs down. Yeah. But, I didn't get any veggies in yesterday, so will do that today. Also, I've not had a BM today, but I'm up and at'em. Hopefully, the magnesium will kick in soon. I will do a 45 min kickbox dvd in a few minutes. Working out helps the system as well.

Like some have you have said, weekends are tough on the meal planning. But LC is everyway. Even yesterday, stopped at a convenience store and just bought peanuts. I could have had roller dogs, but Im trying to eat real food. Peanuts really were the only option. So, I had those and a decaf tea. It was pretty good or I was really hungry.

Happy LCing!!!!
Old 02-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

that is a great point Reta.

LC is everywhere. You just got to choose to eat it
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #206
Big Yapper!!!!

Things are holding steady for me.I been having elimination issues.I have taken so much stuff to combat it that when I do "go" I am apt to lose 5lbs.7 days with little to no bathroom time is NOT fun.
Old 02-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

ugh Kim. stinks for ya!

I ate today. had chinese made at home. killer for me. kiddo and me ate great.
but now sick to my stomach cause right after I ate ice cream too

up probably 3-4 lbs. and take days to lose. I don't care. very very very rare I do this.
maybe 4 times I can count in 15 weeks so eh.

so a week to get it off and the rest off....unless I go insane over the next few days iwth just eggs and bit of meat. I lose great on eggs and some meat.

oh well.............
Old 02-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #208
Senior LCF Member

At least you know what you have to do to get back on track Trigger.

Today ive had alot of calories but all on plan so i know tomo i might show a gain but at least i wont have to fend off any carb cravings. My willpower is seriously weak after ive given in to something carby.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:26 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
ugh Kim. stinks for ya!

I ate today. had chinese made at home. killer for me. kiddo and me ate great.
but now sick to my stomach cause right after I ate ice cream too

up probably 3-4 lbs. and take days to lose. I don't care. very very very rare I do this.
maybe 4 times I can count in 15 weeks so eh.

so a week to get it off and the rest off....unless I go insane over the next few days iwth just eggs and bit of meat. I lose great on eggs and some meat.

oh well.............
The Chinese food yesterday did me in. I am up to 269! It sucks. I really hope it will come off quickly.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #210
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Reta
Stats: 182.8 / 177.4 / 125
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: Every morning
HI all. Today's menu
Coffee, HWC and truvia
B. Cabbage and sausage
l. Peanuts and 1/2 a cookie
s. piece of cheese
d. boneless wings and cheese balls from zaxbys. yummy

My kickbox dvd was great this morning. Will do a 35 min leg dvd tomoro.
Closed Thread