Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #2041
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Good Morning LCF's,

I'm so glad it's Monday (did I just say that?) I can get back to the weekly routines. Weekends just throw a wrench into the mix. We all went grocery shopping as a family and the rest of the fam ate at Subway. I didn't and I didn't want to get a burger and pull the bun. That's just too messy when you're out and about. Fast food burgers really are not good for my stomach anyway. I'm not sure why that is. What do they put in those things anyway lol. So, I decided to just not eat. I wasn't hungry anyway and it was pretty late at that point. So, it looks like grocery shopping will pose some challenges for me.

I have had my first bounce this morning. I had a feeling that was going to happen. I was 159.8 so very close to 160. I was just so excited seeing that 159. I still lost 5 pounds for the week so I'm happy with that.

It is so cold here. 0° here this morning, but the sun is shining and it's not supposed to last very long. 50's by the end of the week so that'll be a nice change!

A chef for a husband would be lovely! Especially with a low carb lifestyle. This food can get monotonous after awhile.

Yes, the hubby is definitely a keeper! We just celebrated 14 years.

Today I'll be babysitting my cousins 1 year old. Which should be interesting. It's been about 10 years since I've had to chase a 1 year old around lol If nothing else I'll get some exercise in!
Good morning Msgoody and LCF's. I'm glad it's Monday too. That happens a lot with the bump back up a pound or so. Probably mostly water levels adjusting with in the body.

5 pounds was fabulous! I hope you can drop another 5 this week, but 2 or 3 would be amazing and more likely...if you are really good.

I'll look forward to reading how it goes.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2014, 08:41 AM   #2042
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Good morning Msgoody and LCF's. I'm glad it's Monday too. That happens a lot with the bump back up a pound or so. Probably mostly water levels adjusting with in the body.

5 pounds was fabulous! I hope you can drop another 5 this week, but 2 or 3 would be amazing and more likely...if you are really good.

I'll look forward to reading how it goes.

Thanks GoBahnsen! I agree 5 pounds is pretty darn good.

I actually got to thinking about how last time I lost 12 pounds the first week and realized that last time I was full boar Atkins. This time I'm not doing Atkins. I'm not as strict with myself. Sometimes my carbs are pretty low, just because I'm not very hungry or life gets in the way. I never paid any attention to calories before either. Calories are not make or break, but it's good to look at them and see exactly where I'm at. If my carbs are a little higher that's ok too. I track my weight everyday so I can see if something isn't really agreeing with me. I can get pretty anal LOL!

I can remember last time eating all those eggs and bacon, sausage omelets. I was so sick of them. I didn't eat them again for so long after the diet. I'm not a breakfast girl to begin with so that was definitely overkill for me. I'm just trying to have a shake for breakfast, a big lunch, and dinner varies and is on the smaller side and keeps me pretty satisfied. This is what is working for me, so for now that's my plan. I'm eating a lot more often than I ever did before, so hopefully that's waking up my metabolism a bit. If I get hungrier I snack in between. This is MY WAY and it's something I can live with.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:03 PM   #2043
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi gals and a guy ,

Late check in tonight, had a busy day and just got home from dinner w/my brother. We had a great time and ate at an excellent steak house---renown for their garlic bread. I had a slice, but thanks to my otherwise clean eating day---really saved up for tonight in cals and carbs--- I came in just a tad over my cal goal and right in line w/my carb goals and had a fabulous dinner. Seared scallop appetizer split w/bro, spinach salad, pan fried Walleye, and asparagus.
Low carb eating can be so delicious.

Trigger darlin'---you know I love you, but if you tell me one more time how beautiful it is where you are while I'm freezin' to my bones, I'm going to come to Carolina and pinch you---then we'll have a drink and a laugh.

Msgoody---congrats on doing it your way. And I can really identify w/what you say about how you did LC the last time, and how you're doing it this time. I too did my last round on LC, years ago, like a diet. Repeated the same LC foods over and over again. Didn't explore and branch out. Got bored to death w/it and fell off the wagon.

Really, my NUMBER ONE advice to Low carbers back on the wagon is too really experiment w/all the different great LC foods you can make, in so many ways, until you can't make all the ones you like often enough. That is so possible, and I'm living it. I try to make something new whenever I can.
Don't love everything I try, but have found so many gem recipes and ideas this way, and I'll never stop experimenting. I like food, and can't think of any reason why I can't enjoy it on a Low carb woe.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:24 AM   #2044
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
You said it Blue! That is key to life---variety. In our foods, our adventures, our daily living I so agree. Those stupid bagels and rye bread HAVE MADE such a huge impact on my 'reasoning about long term success' on this plan. I mean who wants a sandwich occassionally on lettuce all the time? Not me. I don't think of this low carb bread as a ''sub'' at all. to me it is a product of bread out there like any other bread on the shelves of supermarkets.

I wish my low carb cookbook I bought was a good one. the one I got is a 'more mod' carb which is ok for maintenance, which is when I will try those recipes, but for weight loss I really needs the lower carb menu to get those lbs off.

I am going to make CROUTONS with my rye bread. OH YEA!! cube up, drizzle with olive oil and parm cheese, into the oven and YUM! add into my salads. Boy I miss that crunch sometimes from a good crouton.

Also it would make a good addition to my crab cakes. Help hold them better vs. bread crumbs I don't want to use. this bread again should be a great compliment.

Blue we got freezing rain today! Ya happy? LOL
just cold enough to make the misty rain freeze on the porch but nothing bad. should be gone today which is nice. My bro got about 12 inches yesterday. I told him he has to move South!!

All going well. I got my self a smoked briskett from the market. YUM I love those but the rub they use is alot of sodium so it works against me a little, but in the end when I pound the water I do well with it. the taste is out of this world.

Very busy today. got ton of errands to run, things to do, and all that mess.
Everyone be good lc people and hold the fort!!!!

Misti, thinking about ya! Hope you are doing ok girl!!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #2045
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Gosh, I hope you guys don't mind me posting here so much. I feel like I hijacked this thread I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to come here and not get 20 lashes for not doing the diet the "right way".

Blue---I definitely agree with what you're saying about boring low carb foods last time. But you know, this time around there are so many options available. Just the ability to go get a frozen meal that's low carb. That wasn't available before and neither were the shakes and snacks. It was all pretty new, well new to the mainstream public. Dr. A has been around for awhile but wasn't advocated because of the "dangers". This time I did not do induction, so I'm sure if I did the loss would've been greater, but I'm also sure I would've gotten sick of it quickly. So, I feel like if I don't make it all so drastic and strict I can get there and stick to it, albeit slow and steady.

No loss today, which I fully anticipated. I had that high sodium stuff. I know I shouldn't eat it. My body just doesn't like it. Every time I try to add a little I end up with the bloat, no matter how much water I drink to compensate. I could've had a gain from it so I'm glad that didn't happen.

It was a busy day yesterday, with the babysitting. I cleaned my house, like a mad woman all morning. The little guy has allergies and I have 2 dogs so I didn't want his allergies to flare up. My house looks great though as a nice side effect, and I'm pretty sure I burned lots of calories from the deep clean.

It's a beautiful sunny day in the 40's today! Love it
Old 03-04-2014, 08:49 AM   #2046
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

Very busy today. got ton of errands to run, things to do, and all that mess.
Everyone be good lc people and hold the fort!!!!
Holding the fort. Have a great LC day!
Old 03-04-2014, 12:01 PM   #2047
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I can't tell you how much I appreciate being able to come here and not get 20 lashes for not doing the diet the "right way".
that is one reason Kim originally started this thread. OUR WAY! we eat what we want, how we want, and do it exactly OUR WAY to get the lbs. off.

one thing that is vital in all this crazy----you must be able to make this a long term commitment and way to eat for life. You can only do that if we eat the way we can survive, enjoy and with food lovers, enjoyment is important! I love food and it has to fit my life. So I have to do this my way or no way LOL

You hang here MsG. this is a great thread for chatting and learning and no one is gonna give ya a pounding. well, maybe a small one if we get out of hand, but that is out of kindness to be sure we don't slack. Keep our focus and win our goals and change our eating for life

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-04-2014 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 12:04 PM   #2048
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Holding the fort. Have a great LC day!
WHEW. GLAD someone strong is holding the fort thanks LOL
Old 03-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #2049
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WHEW. GLAD someone strong is holding the fort thanks LOL
How went the battle today? Staying strong? How's the focus factor?
Old 03-04-2014, 08:07 PM   #2050
Major LCF Poster!

MsGoody---you are very welcome to chat all you want here, Lord knows I sure do when I'm in the mood. The act of checking in here daily is a big part of my LC woe. Reminds me every day I'm on a journey that I share w/others who are on one too. Reminds me we all struggle and succeed at our own pace, and most of all it keeps me in the game.

Trigger---Ok, now that you're having freezing rain, I'm feeling better.
Slowly warming up here, in the 20s tomorrow and 30s by the weekend, but I'm just sick of it, and I usually like winter, but this one has been too brutal to like it.

Gobah---the focus question is interesting. I'm feeling like right now, my focus on losing is not as sharp as it was a couple of weeks ago. Part of that is I'm now real close to an official, longer than 6 weeks, stall. If in another week I still haven't seen a new low it will be official, and the first time it's happened to me in a year. I've never lost weight fast, but it has been steady for the most part, and dropping a pound or two and holding on to that loss is so motivating to me, and keeps me going for weeks. SIGH. Don't feel like I've not worked my plan, in fact I'm actually eating less calories than I was on many days. Just not happening right now.

So, just back from taking mom out to dinner. Poor thing, she's so antsy. She needs a walker and can go no where in this snowy icy weather without us. In good weather she can get out to the city park right across the street from her, and get around a bit, feed the birds, and pet all the dogs. We try to get her out or over hear as often as possible. This weather is so hard on the elderly!

Had a salad and chicken wings for dinner, couple of spicy beef hot dogs w/mustard and onions for lunch. So pretty good day. But two nights in a row out to dinner is tough, as you never know exactly what you're eating.

Bounced up again this AM, God, this is so boring. I need a new number!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #2051
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GoB, my battle was won by me today
got all my errands, work and all that crappola done early on in the day. worked on horse fence I wanted to improve etc.

eating was stellar for lc ---YIP---I know I will have a drop on the scale in the morning.

meals were cheeseburger with some bacon
3 russell stover sf choc. candy
small bit of chicken/brocc/cheese for dinner

nothing else. all eaten on the earlier side of the day so sucking down tons of water right now.

I got that thinner feeling coming which I love!

Blue I so hear ya on the elderly and weather. My mom is inside right now also
plus down here in the 100 heat she is an AC Baby! mom is outside for short periods thru the day and loves heat and ac to the max LOL being 86 in a few weeks, she still drives to the close stores and gets out thank goodness.

Hold on Blue. Believe me your drop is coming!! You lost alot. You are adjusting now to this new low number. Sometimes it can be long. But remember one thing, you are eating this way for life so even if ya didn't lose another lb for a while, you are still staying true and strong to lc. but I know it will happen for you soon.

I mean look at me compared to you. you were rolling those lbs away while I stagnated. I had my lousey months also. But I am keeping the faith we will all move forward and get our rewards!!!
Old 03-04-2014, 08:44 PM   #2052
Major LCF Poster!

Dearest Trig---thanks for your comforting words. Was feeling a bit discouraged today, but hard to separate the weight thing from the weather thing about now. Just did my tracker for the day, over on calories by about 150, but good on carbs. The 8 chicken wings I had were dry rub, so not saucy/sugary or battered, but they sure add up in calories! Lots of fat in that skin. Yum.

I set my tracker goal for 1500 calories a day at the beginning of the year and have been under or at goal a lot more than I've been over. But it doesn't seem to matter, and frankly, I'm going to have to get more desperate to drop my cal goals because you're right, and I know it, it's got to be something I can stay on board with. And for me 1500 calories a day is reasonable, and happens naturally a lot. Haven't cut out my nightly cocktail yet, still thinking about it, LOL.

Anywho, thanks for the kind words, and I'm keeping the faith to. Tomorrow's another day and I hope I wake up perkier about it all than I'm feeling tonight. Because even if my body takes 3 months to drop another pound, I'll just have to find a way to adjust because this is the way I need to eat, for my health, and to God forbid, avoid gaining back those pounds again. Not. Going. To. Do. That. Period.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #2053
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Gobah---the focus question is interesting. I'm feeling like right now, my focus on losing is not as sharp as it was a couple of weeks ago. Part of that is I'm now real close to an official, longer than 6 weeks, stall. If in another week I still haven't seen a new low it will be official, and the first time it's happened to me in a year. I've never lost weight fast, but it has been steady for the most part, and dropping a pound or two and holding on to that loss is so motivating to me, and keeps me going for weeks. SIGH. Don't feel like I've not worked my plan, in fact I'm actually eating less calories than I was on many days. Just not happening right now.
Ok...alright...I'm here for you...I'm not trying to push...just checking up.

I'm telling you Blue...if I didn't have that pair of painter's shorts I'm currently using for a measuring tape, I'd be more weird-ed out than I am. Because I'm stalled for going on two plus weeks.

But the shorts show the loss of belly flab. So it's just composition change. Probably same for you too.

I'm proud of you and Trig, so keep up the good effort and don't lose focus!!!

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-04-2014 at 09:10 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #2054
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoB, my battle was won by me today
got all my errands, work and all that crappola done early on in the day. worked on horse fence I wanted to improve etc.

eating was stellar for lc ---YIP---I know I will have a drop on the scale in the morning.

meals were cheeseburger with some bacon
3 russell stover sf choc. candy
small bit of chicken/brocc/cheese for dinner

nothing else. all eaten on the earlier side of the day so sucking down tons of water right now.

I got that thinner feeling coming which I love!

!
Right on sistah! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-04-2014, 09:35 PM   #2055
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok...alright...I'm here for you...I'm not trying to push...just checking up.

I'm telling you Blue...if I didn't have that pair of painter's shorts I'm currently using for a measuring tape, I'd be more weird-ed out than I am. Because I'm stalled for going on two plus weeks.

But the shorts show the loss of belly flab. So it's just composition change. Probably same for you too.

I'm proud of you and Trig, so keep up the good effort and don't lose focus!!!
You're right about the clothing Gobah, and I know it, and I know the scale is in many ways the last to know our bodies are changing. When you brought up your painter shorts, it reminded me that just yesterday I pulled out a belt I hadn't worn since last fall when I bought it---got lost in one of my messy drawers, LOL. That belt had 5 holes in it, and when I bought it I was thrilled that I could wear it on the loosest notch, barely.

Yesterday I used the 5th hole, and it was still loose. Forgot all about that in my poopy mood today. Thanks for reminding me to just get my mind off the number on the scale, and feel the difference in my clothes. I know this in my head, but sometimes our hearts forget. And then too, some days are better than others, no matter what we eat, right?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:00 AM   #2056
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

GoB is so right. other victories it is never ONLY about the scale when doing lc.

You are sticking to the plan and actually enjoying it and working it well for long term.
You are shrinking and that belt proves it big time
You are winning! You started this project on yourself and you are succeeding!
You know you feel pride in your current accomplishments! Give yourself that pat on the back for DOING what you set out to do!!
You give others wonderful advice. Clear, easy to follow fun posts that help so many! That in its own right is so helpful to many and is kind of you to care

believe me Blue it is the weather! It drags ya down and sucks the life out of you.
and then you question yourself. which as a gal we all know, gals should NOT think TOO much. it gets us into trouble. Words I have to remember all the time LOL

Blue you are so much more than a number on a scale to me! A good friend! Chin up!

and funny thing is you just helped me. cause writing all that to you, I needed a reminder.

I thought a good loss on the scale this morning. ate so clean, light, easy the last few days. I am up .8. WTH? Honestly ya gotta be kidding me I was going to funk out but decided it is what it is and we all got the whoosh fairy coming later!
Old 03-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #2057
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoB is so right. other victories it is never ONLY about the scale when doing lc.

You are sticking to the plan and actually enjoying it and working it well for long term.
You are shrinking and that belt proves it big time
You are winning! You started this project on yourself and you are succeeding!
You know you feel pride in your current accomplishments! Give yourself that pat on the back for DOING what you set out to do!!
You give others wonderful advice. Clear, easy to follow fun posts that help so many! That in its own right is so helpful to many and is kind of you to care

believe me Blue it is the weather! It drags ya down and sucks the life out of you.
and then you question yourself. which as a gal we all know, gals should NOT think TOO much. it gets us into trouble. Words I have to remember all the time LOL

Blue you are so much more than a number on a scale to me! A good friend! Chin up!

and funny thing is you just helped me. cause writing all that to you, I needed a reminder.

I thought a good loss on the scale this morning. ate so clean, light, easy the last few days. I am up .8. WTH? Honestly ya gotta be kidding me I was going to funk out but decided it is what it is and we all got the whoosh fairy coming later!

We gots ta remember too that as we exercise and eat right, we add muscle, bone density, thicker hair, nails, thicker skin too...you're getting health Trig...sometimes that will mean a little gain along the way. Your woosh is coming.

I had one this morning. Almost a full pound. Which is massive during the final 10 lbs to go
Old 03-05-2014, 08:37 AM   #2058
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

Blue---I hope you're feeling better today. GoBahnsen is so right. Look at how far you've come! Just think about all the pant/dress sizes you've come down, all the points you've come down on that pesky BMI chart, and how much healthier you feel! Usually when that scale isn't budging it's because you're losing inches and your body is just trying to play catch up.

GoBahnsen---congrats on that loss!!

I'm back down to 159 today. Feeling good about it and I don't think it's going to bouncy bounce, as long as I stick to the plan, and stay away from that salty stuff!

I had to pick up DD from school yesterday, as she wasn't feeling well. She has had me up 2 nights in a row with a belly ache. It's strange though, most of the day, she is completely fine, then up at night sick. She doesn't get sick often, so when she complains I know it must really be bothering her!

I also got a call about another one of my daughters. She is 20 and she lives in another part of the country. She has just been diagnosed with epilepsy. This definitely threw me for a loop! I just thought that was something you were born with, not so apparently. She started having seizures about 6 months ago, which she has mostly kept under wraps. My first thought was maybe she was allergic to MSG. That stuff can be deadly! My SIL gets blinding, paralyzing migraines from the stuff.

My daughter and I have had some pretty nasty migraines, for years. I had mine checked out with MRI and they say they see no reason for them, but her diagnosis really has me thinking....

Have a good day on plan!!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #2059
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning LCF's,

Blue---I hope you're feeling better today. GoBahnsen is so right. Look at how far you've come! Just think about all the pant/dress sizes you've come down, all the points you've come down on that pesky BMI chart, and how much healthier you feel! Usually when that scale isn't budging it's because you're losing inches and your body is just trying to play catch up.

GoBahnsen---congrats on that loss!!

I'm back down to 159 today. Feeling good about it and I don't think it's going to bouncy bounce, as long as I stick to the plan, and stay away from that salty stuff!

I had to pick up DD from school yesterday, as she wasn't feeling well. She has had me up 2 nights in a row with a belly ache. It's strange though, most of the day, she is completely fine, then up at night sick. She doesn't get sick often, so when she complains I know it must really be bothering her!

I also got a call about another one of my daughters. She is 20 and she lives in another part of the country. She has just been diagnosed with epilepsy. This definitely threw me for a loop! I just thought that was something you were born with, not so apparently. She started having seizures about 6 months ago, which she has mostly kept under wraps. My first thought was maybe she was allergic to MSG. That stuff can be deadly! My SIL gets blinding, paralyzing migraines from the stuff.

My daughter and I have had some pretty nasty migraines, for years. I had mine checked out with MRI and they say they see no reason for them, but her diagnosis really has me thinking....

Have a good day on plan!!
awwww, sorry about your daughter's epilepsy. Our youngest had a grand mal seizure after she turned 16. We found out that it's a lot more common than most people think.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #2060
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
awwww, sorry about your daughter's epilepsy. Our youngest had a grand mal seizure after she turned 16. We found out that it's a lot more common than most people think.
Thank You! It's definitely eye opening! I think I'm going to make an appointment with a neurologist and just get checked again. It's just too similar. Her with constant debilitating migraines, for years and mine are/have been the same. I just want to be on the safe side, and try to be proactive.

I'm sorry about your daughter too. That's so hard for a teenager!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:08 PM   #2061
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

I also got a call about another one of my daughters. She is 20 and she lives in another part of the country. She has just been diagnosed with epilepsy.
Sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis, Msgoody. But here's a bit of information you may not be aware of. Increasingly they are treating epilepsy with a Low Carb diet! They have gotten very good results in decreasing seizures this way. Google Epilepsy and Low Carb diets and you'll find all kinds of articles on this, lots of info.

Maybe the silver lining will be that you and your daughter can share this woe, learn and experiment w/recipes together, and support each other.

Lots of work left to do, will be back later w/my check in, but wanted you to have this info right away so you could start to check it out. I'm a mom too, and we're always looking for ways to help even out grown up kids out. They're always our babies!
Old 03-05-2014, 02:56 PM   #2062
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your daughter's diagnosis, Msgoody. But here's a bit of information you may not be aware of. Increasingly they are treating epilepsy with a Low Carb diet! They have gotten very good results in decreasing seizures this way. Google Epilepsy and Low Carb diets and you'll find all kinds of articles on this, lots of info.

Maybe the silver lining will be that you and your daughter can share this woe, learn and experiment w/recipes together, and support each other.

Lots of work left to do, will be back later w/my check in, but wanted you to have this info right away so you could start to check it out. I'm a mom too, and we're always looking for ways to help even out grown up kids out. They're always our babies!
This is true...that LC is better for epileptics.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:57 PM   #2063
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, so I'm back, work done for the day, and I can take my time w/my check in. Love that.

Trigger---and you are so much more than a number on the scale to me! You are FUN, and a great pal. I love your spirit, and I thank you for sharing some of that w/me today. Read your post a couple of times, and felt the wind under my wings.

Sorry about the .8 up, but you know it's nothing to worry about. That thinner feeling isn't just about what the scale says. I've had it and felt it in my clothes when it was not showing up on the scale. You've been in a really good place w/your woe, and it will pay off!

Msgoody---thanks for the words of encouragement. And BTW, I was going to mention in a post awhile back, but forgot, that I didn't do induction this time around either. Still, 42 pounds down in a year. I'll take it.

Gobah---Big congrats on the pound down!!! Yep, that's huge when you're closing in on your goal. Soon you'll be able to tell us about the trials and tribulations of maintenance, and hopefully, the fun in finally being there.

Feeling better today, although not because of the scale. Up to 186.8 today That's almost 5 pounds up over my lowest number and out of the 4 lb water weight spectrum.

Been thinking about it, and trying to figure out where I'm going wrong. Perhaps this AM was due to the spicy beef hot dogs I had yesterday, they are salty. And heck, yeah, I did have one little piece of garlic bread 2 nights ago, but really?! I really try to be as honest and accurate w/my tracker as I can be, although w/ restaurant meals it's hard to gage, unless they're chains that list the nutritional content of their foods. But we like the local places and one of a kind restaurants that are unique and do not offer that info.

I have not been as good w/my water lately, gosh that's a hard one for me, when it should be easy, but it just isn't. SIGH Still doing better than I ever did before I started this woe, when I think I was running around de-hydrated most of the time.

I think I'll drop from today's high pretty fast, but it's a ways to go my low---AGAIN. All one can do is press onward, and today I've had a very low cal, low carb day. BPC for breakfast, and a steamed artichoke w/mayo an butter for lunch. Having baby back ribs w/Guy's no sugar BBQ sauce and maybe another artichoke or if not that, a small side salad, and that's going to be it for today.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:13 PM   #2064
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobah---Big congrats on the pound down!!! Yep, that's huge when you're closing in on your goal. Soon you'll be able to tell us about the trials and tribulations of maintenance, and hopefully, the fun in finally being there.

Yeah...you know...where are the maintenance people anyway? That's a rare breed in here, no?
Old 03-06-2014, 06:51 AM   #2065
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry to hear abuot your daughter also MsGoody. Things pop up in life that stink and we just gotta deal with them. I hope all turns out well for her!!

Blue hold the course like me come summer we will be thinner tho and that is a plus. I really do love that the lc way makes one leaner. You can really feel the difference of that lean vs. carby bloaty gut. So eating lc always has good perks in it. At least we feel a heck of alot better than when we ate the sluggish foods.

well the time has come again as usual, I am doing 2 days of meat and eggs. This is easy for me. only 2 days is all I can handle and it works well for me. This is the usual little trick I use to help me and about the only one I can stand doing and get some results.

not hungry this am so for lunch having big old omlette with 'small' bit of cheese and bacon

dinner will be either hamburger patty or chicken wings or something like that.

Then I will repeat that for tomorrow and see where it gets me.

going to put in another order for bread. out of bagels and I have to have those.

Blacksmith coming today. gonna put 4 new shoes on Jade.

BBBBrrr Colder outside today with the wind than it was in Feb it seems. I hate March here. Wind whips insane. I hate cold wind. gives me all kinds of sinus headaches.

but all good here today. calm and mellow. I like that.

everyone be good and stay the course!!!
Old 03-06-2014, 06:53 AM   #2066
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Yeah...you know...where are the maintenance people anyway? That's a rare breed in here, no?
No idea

I hope to be one of them in the future at least LOL
when I join them I will tell you where they are
Old 03-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #2067
Senior LCF Member

Hello Friends,

Thank you for all the encouraging words. I am doing a lot of research. I am just that kind of girl, the kind doctors hate! I read up on side effects before I take a medication, and look for my own diagnosis. I have battled these migraines for many years, and have been to many doctors for them. I still haven't gotten a good answer, or a good medication for them. So, I definitely feel like you have to take your own health into your own hands. My daughter has her next appointment on the 24th, so I've been letting her know what I've found and she can go over it with her doctor. I'm feeling upbeat about it. There's so much that can be done now to manage seizures.

So, yesterday was a good day on plan. I lost another pound!! YAY! 7 pounds lost so far! I was 158.0 so I know I'm going to stick in the 158's.

BTW Blue 42 pounds is amazing! That's like losing a Kindergartner!! You keep going and you'll make it!!

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 03-06-2014 at 07:53 AM..
Old 03-06-2014, 07:50 AM   #2068
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
No idea

I hope to be one of them in the future at least LOL
when I join them I will tell you where they are
Do they just leave once they hit maintenance? Too busy having fun to post anymore?

But that's why I started the backsliding thread. It's where I hope to talk about arriving at goal and then what? Will the pot at the end of the rainbow contain gold or just rocks?

There has to be reasons why people arrive at goal weight, revel in it for a season and then find themselves 50 pounds over-weight again.

Is it because life didn't really change at some deeper levels that people start to eat and drink bad things again or too much good things again? It's like "hey look at me in the mirror...I look fantastic! So why am I still depressed? Lets go eat some donuts and try to deal with this depression."

Oh well...I am looking forward to getting to goal and writing posts about my struggles with the good, bad and the ugly of having zero unwanted body fat.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:06 AM   #2069
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
If you check, there's a 'maintenance' section on LCF, and many people in maintenance continue to post in threads they frequented when they were losing--the JUDDD section, for example, has many maintainers who post regularly.

Most of us read more than we post because, quite frankly, those busy losing don't seem to want to hear from us for some reason--at least that's how it seems to some other maintainers I know.

Finally, many of us have little in common with those who post about constantly backsliding or 'cheating.' We're still facing the challenges of maintenance, but they are different challenges than we had during weight loss.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #2070
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
If you check, there's a 'maintenance' section on LCF, and many people in maintenance continue to post in threads they frequented when they were losing--the JUDDD section, for example, has many maintainers who post regularly.

Most of us read more than we post because, quite frankly, those busy losing don't seem to want to hear from us for some reason--at least that's how it seems to some other maintainers I know.

Finally, many of us have little in common with those who post about constantly backsliding or 'cheating.' We're still facing the challenges of maintenance, but they are different challenges than we had during weight loss.
Thnx Leo. I'm still pretty new here and haven't explored the site much. Yeah...what do maintenance folks have in common with those trying to get there?

I'm hoping to wax philosophical once I arrive. I'm hoping to understand the issues that cause people to lose focus and the desire to remain healthy, etc.

And I want to post some fun things too I hope. Just how it is that I'm coping with all the new changes that come with looking good and feeling good. It can open up a whole new world of temptation. Especially for us guys.
Closed Thread