Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 09:00 AM   #2011
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Trigger and GoBahnsen on the cold and snow. It really is a Catch 22 isn't it? We all want the warmer weather to get out there and walk, bike, run, etc. and just enjoy the outdoors, but yet that's when all the cookouts and get togethers are going on making it that much harder to stick to our plans. I'm definitely ready for Spring here. We've actually been in a deep freeze here. In the Midwest it can be so up and down. It just leaves you spinning sometimes.

I added a picture and as you can probably see I absolutely hate pictures. I stay as far away from a camera as possible. I will only allow head shots if I get them taken at all. Eventually, it'll be nice to see my face thin out as I go along.

WTG on the .6 Trigger. KUTGW!!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 09:36 AM   #2012
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Trigger and GoBahnsen on the cold and snow. It really is a Catch 22 isn't it? We all want the warmer weather to get out there and walk, bike, run, etc. and just enjoy the outdoors, but yet that's when all the cookouts and get togethers are going on making it that much harder to stick to our plans. I'm definitely ready for Spring here. We've actually been in a deep freeze here. In the Midwest it can be so up and down. It just leaves you spinning sometimes.

I added a picture and as you can probably see I absolutely hate pictures. I stay as far away from a camera as possible. I will only allow head shots if I get them taken at all. Eventually, it'll be nice to see my face thin out as I go along.

WTG on the .6 Trigger. KUTGW!!
Yeah, right on...congrats on that loss Trig. That's not small potatoes!

You're right Msgoody (love your pic BTW), when the weather is great there is more food around at all the parties. But, us LCF'ers know what to do with that BBQ! We eat the meat!

Seriously, after you spend enough time getting informed, it's a lot easier to say no to the baked beans. Beans aren't that bad, complex carbs and all, but cooked in sugar? Please!

I'm not going to say a word, but I'm sorry, so much of the food available just looks super dumb to me. But if the potato salad looks like a winner, I will have a small scoop...thank you very much.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:58 AM   #2013
Senior LCF Member

I'm not sure if you all are interested in this, but it looks to die for and low carb to boot!!

Louisiana Hot Crab Dip

1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat, free of shells
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
3 tablespoons minced green onions (white and green parts)
2 large garlic cloves, minced
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot sauce
1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

2. Combine all of the ingredients in a casserole dish and gently stir until thoroughly mixed. Adjust seasoning to taste. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until lightly golden on top. Serve hot.

3. Serve hot, with hot sauce on the side for those who like it spicy.

Makes about 1 1/2 cups
Old 02-28-2014, 05:38 PM   #2014
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Msgoody---On the quote thing, if you want to quote just one person, click on the word Quote button on the lower right after you've clicked Post Reply. This will throw the quote on your reply and when it's published, it will appear in a box. If you want to quote more than one person in a comment, start with the quote marks button next to the Quote word button, and click for as many as you want to quote. Then for the LAST one you want to quote, click the Quote word button.

Your Lousiana Hot Crab Dip sounds incredibly yummy, I've cut and pasted it into my desktop collection of recipes and will try it soon!

Gobahnson---Are you one of those lucky folks who lives somewhere the weather is always bearable? SIGH. This winter has been more of a bear than usual, and this midwestern girl who loves all 4 seasons, is getting tired of the hibernation. But yeah, like Msgoody said, summer is glorious, but no cakewalk for low carbers. My neighborhood loves to do the bbqs, and I know I can always eat the meat, but Lord, the buffet of tasty stuff to say no to requires big mental biceps, LOL.

Trigger---congrats on another .6 down. You're motoring girl! And you know I so understand on the GLCBC products. I've had Trader Joe LC bread for the last year and it's saved me so many times. Now with GLCBC products, it's another option, and for even less carbs. Don't miss the potatoes, rice or pasta that much at all, but you know Blue and her bread. Some of that is because w/out bread, there's so many things you can't do, like sandwiches. Love me a good sandwich now and then.

And it's funny, but I have no desire to overeat those products. They're good, but they aren't that good. Perfect.

Misti---Thinking of you, and hoping your week has been a bit less stressful. We always miss you when you're not here.

Today I had the most delicious thing at a lunch out w/a pal. Shrimp/bacon crostini. Now you may think that means bread, but in this case it was big jumbo grilled shrimp served on a thick and meaty slab of bacon, with blue cheese crumbles and chopped scallions. It was so darn good. Also had beef tips w/a mustard dip. Still full. Might just skip dinner.

Happy Friday night pals. Love me a Friday night!
Old 02-28-2014, 06:41 PM   #2015
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post

Gobahnson---Are you one of those lucky folks who lives somewhere the weather is always bearable? SIGH. This winter has been more of a bear than usual, and this midwestern girl who loves all 4 seasons, is getting tired of the hibernation. But yeah, like Msgoody said, summer is glorious, but no cakewalk for low carbers. My neighborhood loves to do the bbqs, and I know I can always eat the meat, but Lord, the buffet of tasty stuff to say no to requires big mental biceps, LOL.

Yes, I am one of those lucky folks, though I don't believe in luck, but I know what you mean. I believe in providence girl. Things both good and bad are not happening by accident.

You are no accident either and I think you are a great asset to LCF!

Yes the great weather brings on the food. So let's plan ahead. Be good, put in our exercise and when the party arrives, go ahead and splurge some.

I had some of my wife's chocolate chips last night. First time in over 3 months. The pleasure center of my brain went crazy. I could actually feel the neurons firing off.

I hated to stop, but it was worth the fun. Won't do it tonight though. It's too wonderful to try it again too soon.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #2016
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Blue, I tell ya that bagel and rye bread have made a world of difference to me. but it is funny cause I thought yesterday, do I want a sandwich, NAH, I still couldn't bring myself to eat it....haha. good thing is I can freeze it and when I truly WANT a sandwich I will be making one.

today I decided on toasted rye with cheese and tuna. You call them your tuna cheesies....

Also I realized I can bring a bagel in my purse when we go out for breakfast. While everyone is eating hash browns and buttermilk biscuits I am going to bring a bagel wtih cream cheese when I eat my bacon cheese omlette. NOW THAT IS LIVING!

sleepover last night. kiddo and 2 friends. MY GOSH they were loud. alot of high pitched screaming. one kiddo gone now cause she has b-day party later. other 2 are outside having fun. long night it seemed.

I had a few beers with one kids mom who stopped to chat a bit. my goodness did we chat and throw back a few beers. good thing is I am almost out of beer in my garage refrigerator, and I won't be buying any more. gonna stick to a rum drink that is lower carb.

no scale for me this morning. not bad but a bit of bloat that will leave today. eating lighter clean lc today. chicken and asparagus for dinner tonight. simple/easy.

off to get things straightened out and kids had waffles and bacon this morning. HOW DARE they go after MY BACON! LOL

hope everyone is doing well!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 08:34 AM   #2017
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

I had a few beers with one kids mom who stopped to chat a bit. my goodness did we chat and throw back a few beers. good thing is I am almost out of beer in my garage refrigerator, and I won't be buying any more. gonna stick to a rum drink that is lower carb.

hope everyone is doing well!!!
Beer? Beer? Did someone say beer?

What kind were they Trig?
Old 03-01-2014, 08:43 AM   #2018
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning! I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend so far.

Blue--Let me know how that recipe turns out!

Ok so yesterday turned out to be a whirlwind of a day Just as I was getting set to workout on the treadmill I get a call from my son from school. He says he injured his finger again playing football. BTW he broke this finger not even 3 months ago doing the exact same thing. So, that's what's running through my mind. I took him to get it x-rayed and low and behold, it's broken again different part of the bone this time! Ugh!! Boys will be boys I guess. Splint on the finger, and stop playing football, child LOL!

Well, today should be interesting. We have to go to 2 year old nephews birthday party. Lunch will be provided and of course birthday cake. I'm guessing lunch is sandwiches. I think I'm just going to eat here before I go so I'm not hungry and can be a good soldier of the plan!

Here is a little info on me. I'm not one of your usual fat people, in that I really don't have a love affair with food. I don't have any favorite foods. I also do not like chocolate anything; cake, candy, ice cream, etc. I'm not really into sweets either. So, why am I fat you ask? Probably because I would typically not eat much at all throughout the day, eat a huge carb laden dinner and snack all night long, and drink soda like it's my job! So, I don't think the cake will be an enticement for me at all. Yesterday, I had a fleeting thought of having pizza. Then, I thought well I don't even really like pizza so what would be the point in that!? I definitely think when you're stressed out, it's very easy to contemplate cheating especially if you're an emotional eater, like I am.

My husband absolutely LOVES all food and goes overboard on all of it. He is currently doing low calorie and is not thrilled that I didn't join him in his plan, but he's happy that I'm doing something.

So anyway, I lost another pound today. I'm pretty sure it was even more than that as the poop fairy made another visit.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:03 AM   #2019
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good Morning! I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend so far.

Blue--Let me know how that recipe turns out!

Ok so yesterday turned out to be a whirlwind of a day Just as I was getting set to workout on the treadmill I get a call from my son from school. He says he injured his finger again playing football. BTW he broke this finger not even 3 months ago doing the exact same thing. So, that's what's running through my mind. I took him to get it x-rayed and low and behold, it's broken again different part of the bone this time! Ugh!! Boys will be boys I guess. Splint on the finger, and stop playing football, child LOL!

Well, today should be interesting. We have to go to 2 year old nephews birthday party. Lunch will be provided and of course birthday cake. I'm guessing lunch is sandwiches. I think I'm just going to eat here before I go so I'm not hungry and can be a good soldier of the plan!

Here is a little info on me. I'm not one of your usual fat people, in that I really don't have a love affair with food. I don't have any favorite foods. I also do not like chocolate anything; cake, candy, ice cream, etc. I'm not really into sweets either. So, why am I fat you ask? Probably because I would typically not eat much at all throughout the day, eat a huge carb laden dinner and snack all night long, and drink soda like it's my job! So, I don't think the cake will be an enticement for me at all. Yesterday, I had a fleeting thought of having pizza. Then, I thought well I don't even really like pizza so what would be the point in that!? I definitely think when you're stressed out, it's very easy to contemplate cheating especially if you're an emotional eater, like I am.

My husband absolutely LOVES all food and goes overboard on all of it. He is currently doing low calorie and is not thrilled that I didn't join him in his plan, but he's happy that I'm doing something.

So anyway, I lost another pound today. I'm pretty sure it was even more than that as the poop fairy made another visit.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend!
Hi ya Msgoody Yeah...the after dinner thing is where I struggle. I'm always hungry after dinner, even if I eat a filling dinner. In 20 minutes I will actually feel like I didn't have much of a dinner. But I have 2 hours to get thru before I can just go sleep off the struggle.

Good thing the clocks change next weekend. That way bedtime comes around quicker. And when the weather gets warmer, my appetite decreases. So...we're almost there
Old 03-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #2020
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and congrats on another pound!!!!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 AM   #2021
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
Oh and congrats on another pound!!!!
Thank You!

I was just telling the husband I felt like my loss should be WAY more. It is Atkins after all, well low carb. Last time I did low carb successfully I lost 12 pounds the first week. I was younger, in my low 30's and now almost 40 so I'll just have to take what I can get this time. My husband has lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks on his low calorie plan, but men always have an easier time losing faster. And yesterday for dinner he did his liquid diet (light beer) and still dropped a pound! I'm happy for him, but annoyed at the same time LOL!
Old 03-01-2014, 09:53 AM   #2022
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Thank You!

I was just telling the husband I felt like my loss should be WAY more. It is Atkins after all, well low carb. Last time I did low carb successfully I lost 12 pounds the first week. I was younger, in my low 30's and now almost 40 so I'll just have to take what I can get this time. My husband has lost 14 pounds in 3 weeks on his low calorie plan, but men always have an easier time losing faster. And yesterday for dinner he did his liquid diet (light beer) and still dropped a pound! I'm happy for him, but annoyed at the same time LOL!
I keep hearing that age does effect things. I used to lose weight with calorie restriction, lots of exercise and some Lite beer sprinkled in. Not anymore. Drink a beer---go to jail!

How many did he get away with on his "liquid diet" last night? Or if it's too personal...me understands.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #2023
Senior LCF Member

He had no dinner, like I said and says he had only 2 beers and drank his 1/5th of Fireball. Which is a cinnamon whiskey. He was pretty darn drunk when he got home. I said you can't not eat and then drink and not expect to be blitzed. silly man lol

We're off to this birthday party and we're supposed to get another 3-8" of snow tonight and another deep freeze tomorrow 7 for the high and -8 for the low. Ick old man winter go away!!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:17 AM   #2024
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
He had no dinner, like I said and says he had only 2 beers and drank his 1/5th of Fireball. Which is a cinnamon whiskey. He was pretty darn drunk when he got home. I said you can't not eat and then drink and not expect to be blitzed. silly man lol

We're off to this birthday party and we're supposed to get another 3-8" of snow tonight and another deep freeze tomorrow 7 for the high and -8 for the low. Ick old man winter go away!!
Yikes...a fifth? That much alcohol probably dehydrated him and makes trying to judge weight loss really hard.

I'm really glad I never got into the hard stuff. Just so hard on the liver
Old 03-01-2014, 12:32 PM   #2025
Senior LCF Member

Actually I'm not quite sure on the amount. I guessed it was a fifth but I don't know. It's a smaller plastic bottle. Also he really only does this on Fridays after work. Neither of are into drinking so we're cheap dates! I stay away from all of it because my father was a raging alcoholic and I just don't wanna go there and put my kiddos through what I have been through. I'm over all of it but I make a conscious decision to stay away from it.

To each their own but addiction is addiction. Food or otherwise.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:12 PM   #2026
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys---

Trigger---love your idea of bringing a bagel w/you when you go out for breakfast! I'm about to put in another order and I'm going to get the Rye Bread this time. Already re-ordered the Lemon bars from the GLCBC site. Last time I made one I fried it in butter till it had kind of a thin crunchy top and bottom, w/whipped cream, and a sprinkle of roasted sliced almonds and berries. SO good you have to be able to know you can stop at one. I can because my sweet tooth is the only small thing on me, LOL. Doesn't take much to satisfy it.

Gobah---on the night time snacking thing, can you eat a bit later? We eat late around here, like between 7 and 8. No time to get hungry before bed time. Of course that's kind of like a girdle, not that you'd know that LOL, but it has to go somewhere. So my snacky
times hit me in the afternoon. I solve that w/a handful of nuts or some peppered salami.
But I'm much more able to keep it in check in the afternoon because I know I have a good meal coming for dinner.

MsGoody---there are many myths about LC dieting, and one is that everyone loses a load in the first couple of weeks. Some do, some don't. I didn't this time, can't remember if I did last time. And age and any damage done w/past diets that have effected your metabolism can make things different this time. You're doing well and not so bad to get to used to a 2 to 4 pounds a month, because likely that's what it's going to end up, unless you're a man. You're right, they just loose easier and faster.

So today it's been so cold again, and dreary. This mama bear stayed in her cave and read her book. Our sidewalks are so lumpy, bumpy and icy that we can't even walk the dog. Thankfully we have a nice big fenced in yard.

Had some Johnsonville Italian Sausage sizzlers on a GLBC onion pocket w/mustard for lunch. Noticed today that those sausages have 3 grams of carbs per smallish link, all sugars. Why the HELL put sugar in a hot sausage? Yikes, it's really in everything they can shove it into. Makes me mad. Back to buying my italian sausages from the butcher, who assures me there's no sugar added.

Tonight will be a nice steak salad with melted boursin cheese and roasted tomatoes. Scale still bouncing between 182 and 184. Starting to wonder if I'll make 180 by San Diego. Not that it matters in terms of anyone being able to see 2 more pounds gone, but it is frustrating. Getting close to an official stall---6 weeks. This happened before my last significant drop too. Took me right to the edge of an official stall, and then finally dropped.

So yeah, it's slooooooooooow, and cold here these days. Not a fan of the combo.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:23 PM   #2027
Major LCF Poster!

GoB---I had a 24 pack of Natural Lite beer in the fridge that was hanging around from one of my camping trips. It is almost gone now no more beer. Blue and Misti told me to cut out the beer, it is liquid bread literally. So onto rum or vodka to keep drinks low carb. I don't drink alot anymore, being older that party time is over. I love beer but the bloat isn't worth it anymore. 2 rum drinks would do me fine and I don't get the after bloat effects that beer gives me.

Moody---you take it slow and easy and keep on LC. believe me the results are great. We kinda don't worry about a lb. here or there. I think on this thread, while we want lbs moving, we also know we are doing this BIG change of eating for life. Putting stress on the priority of staying lc, everything lc, learning new recipes etc. the weight will come off! I promise. we are long term trainees with lc.

Blue hang in there. Your usual loss schedule but all of the sudden you are going to have a nice whoosh and see that 180 mark!!! It is coming for you. You are a good lc eater, you hold that course and you will see your results. The rye bread toasts up great. I toast it crunchy and love it that way. Those onion pockets are on my list next order.

Lucky here everyone. we are warming up slowly. had a bit of icy rain last night. nothing major at all. in fact we opened windows today to cool down the house the sun beats thru my front windows and kicks the house up to like 76-77. whew.

stayed good lc today. still got that bloat feeling. drinking tons of water which is good but keeping me full. when this liquid leaves it should be a thinner good feeling coming my way.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:31 PM   #2028
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
GoB---I had a 24 pack of Natural Lite beer in the fridge that was hanging around from one of my camping trips. It is almost gone now no more beer. Blue and Misti told me to cut out the beer, it is liquid bread literally. So onto rum or vodka to keep drinks low carb. I don't drink alot anymore, being older that party time is over. I love beer but the bloat isn't worth it anymore. 2 rum drinks would do me fine and I don't get the after bloat effects that beer gives me.

Natural doesn't taste bad. But I found that it would give me a kind of brain fog. I tried it more than once, just to make sure I wasn't going crazy. The pricing is low, but there's something in that beer that locks my brain. I won't go near it anymore.

Miller Lite is pretty good if you aren't used to the sugary Bud Lite that most people are hooked on. Seriously...Miller Lite has almost half the carbs of Bud Lite, even though the calorie spread isn't that huge...like 14 calories.

Goin off the top of my head here.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:22 PM   #2029
Major LCF Poster!

LOL my riding buddy is a miller gal that is all she will drink for beer.

I remember Dad liked it alot also. I never was a fan of it. tasted very light to me. like no meat and taters to it.

beer is something that really for me has to go by the wayside. that is hard to do. I don't like to drink just one heehee
Old 03-01-2014, 10:04 PM   #2030
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
LOL my riding buddy is a miller gal that is all she will drink for beer.

I remember Dad liked it alot also. I never was a fan of it. tasted very light to me. like no meat and taters to it.

beer is something that really for me has to go by the wayside. that is hard to do. I don't like to drink just one heehee
If I have to choose for quality and taste, then I'm going for an ale of some kind. But for LC WOE, if you're gonna have a beer, you want a low carb one, right? Miller seems like a good choice.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:03 AM   #2031
Major LCF Poster!

yea low carb options are best for us LC'ers. but when I drink it is for 'the buzz' so I want enough to get there, which means A GOOD FEW so in the end I lose anyway with beer. Now mixed drinks...2 (or 3) will get me there, at WAY less carbs...like 2. rum has no carbs, diet pepsi has no carbs. if I place a 1 carb value anyway on it, then I get 2 carbs for 2 hefty drinks. win win for me

another stinker with the alcohol is the stall ya get when in weight loss mode. It just stagnates ya big time and if I am going to move this scale I am going to watch my 'impromptu' parties.

good day. sunny, warming up nice out there, carolina blue skies are smiling down and this will be a great day to get outside. wee. spring is coming.

my allergies are starting as usual. brain foggy, runny eyes, snotty and all that. gotta hit some allergy meds. when real spring hits it is hard for me and a zillion people down here. woo! I never had an allergy living up north, move down here to the south which I love and I suffer big time LOL oh well, I shall survive.

gonna go to mom and dads today. kiddo doesn't want to come so she is staying with her kiddo friend up the road. gonna hit the lake, sit on the dock and soak up some rays. relax.

up 1.8 which is fine. knew it would be that way. gonna get rid of that today and continue down the scale. not hungry this morning so gonna roll with no eating til way later in the day. big big meal at around 4-5pm and will be stuffed and no more eating for the day probably. That is what I am shooting for today and should be able to do it.

hope all are good. Misti when ya get a chance, check in gal!!!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 03-02-2014 at 05:04 AM..
Old 03-02-2014, 07:26 AM   #2032
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yea low carb options are best for us LC'ers. but when I drink it is for 'the buzz' so I want enough to get there, which means A GOOD FEW so in the end I lose anyway with beer. Now mixed drinks...2 (or 3) will get me there, at WAY less carbs...like 2. rum has no carbs, diet pepsi has no carbs. if I place a 1 carb value anyway on it, then I get 2 carbs for 2 hefty drinks. win win for me

another stinker with the alcohol is the stall ya get when in weight loss mode. It just stagnates ya big time and if I am going to move this scale I am going to watch my 'impromptu' parties.

good day. sunny, warming up nice out there, carolina blue skies are smiling down and this will be a great day to get outside. wee. spring is coming.

my allergies are starting as usual. brain foggy, runny eyes, snotty and all that. gotta hit some allergy meds. when real spring hits it is hard for me and a zillion people down here. woo! I never had an allergy living up north, move down here to the south which I love and I suffer big time LOL oh well, I shall survive.

gonna go to mom and dads today. kiddo doesn't want to come so she is staying with her kiddo friend up the road. gonna hit the lake, sit on the dock and soak up some rays. relax.

up 1.8 which is fine. knew it would be that way. gonna get rid of that today and continue down the scale. not hungry this morning so gonna roll with no eating til way later in the day. big big meal at around 4-5pm and will be stuffed and no more eating for the day probably. That is what I am shooting for today and should be able to do it.

hope all are good. Misti when ya get a chance, check in gal!!!!!
Well that sounds like a good day!

I've never had allergies, but I'm wondering what kind of natural ways there are to help out? It seems like all the stuff man makes in the lab to help people, tends to just mask the real problem. There has to be ways to get the body better able to handle pollen, etc...isn't there?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #2033
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

Oh and I hear ya on the buzz thing. One beer isn't worth the bother. I never got started with mixed drinks. I just don't like the way hard alcohol hits me.

I've always just stuck to beer and unlike some people who wear their alcohol consumption on their faces, I look like a non-drinker. My buddy who likes his vodka and orange juice, etc, has this knobby nose now. How sad

I've written this before, but I used to lose weight easily if I just avoided chips and junk food, didn't over-eat, exercised a lot and had my Lite beers too. As long as I created a calorie deficit.

It was like "ok I just ran 4 miles, biked all over the place and all I had was a can of tuna, some raw eggs and green powder, with a salad for dinner...and 12 Lite beers...and that made for a 1,500 calorie deficit on the day...and sure enough, my body would honor the deficit. Not so much anymore.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:22 AM   #2034
Major LCF Poster!

yea. I did that too. when I 'dieted' before it was all about calories. I could DRINK my day. as long as I came in low in cals. and not eat I was fine.

I just can't do it anymore. I have to find new ways to get thru this for long term life.

It is funny---we give up SO MUCH ya know---then ya want a few drinks etc.....and whammo, again it is totally against us. It is like meat, some veg, water is it in life if you don't want to put on a lb again. It is hard to come to terms with, especially when a few drinks can take ya somewhere else and relax and let go a bit.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:07 PM   #2035
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
yea. I did that too. when I 'dieted' before it was all about calories. I could DRINK my day. as long as I came in low in cals. and not eat I was fine.

I just can't do it anymore. I have to find new ways to get thru this for long term life.

It is funny---we give up SO MUCH ya know---then ya want a few drinks etc.....and whammo, again it is totally against us. It is like meat, some veg, water is it in life if you don't want to put on a lb again. It is hard to come to terms with, especially when a few drinks can take ya somewhere else and relax and let go a bit.
I totally hear ya I remember reading an article (I'm repeating myself too I think) where this former Bachelorette from the TV show, had developed an evening wine habit that could turn into as much as 4 bottles.

So she got help and got off the habit, and it's been a while now, but she said about it: "it's a daily struggle." I know she means by that. Some people don't, but I understand what she means.

And I also understand Phillip Seymour Hoffman when he said: "I never cared for drinking in moderation, I still don't."

The current Bachelor said "one beer with a lime in it will last me the whole night." Yuck! That'd be one FLAT beer dude.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:51 PM   #2036
Senior LCF Member

Lost 2 pounds!!

Trigger,

2 things:

1st I totally get what you're saying about allergies. I actually have to take allergy meds all year. Instead of just during Spring or Summer. Inside allergens are just as bad for me anyway. And 2nd I cracked up laughing when I saw that you referred to me as Moody. If I didn't know any better I'd think you're psychic or something LOL!

Moody---you take it slow and easy and keep on LC. believe me the results are great. We kinda don't worry about a lb. here or there. I think on this thread, while we want lbs moving, we also know we are doing this BIG change of eating for life. Putting stress on the priority of staying lc, everything lc, learning new recipes etc. the weight will come off! I promise. we are long term trainees with lc.

So yesterday I went to the birthday party and I ate beforehand so I'd be less likely to cheat. I did not cheat, but I had 2 hotdogs and a cheeseburger, no buns of course. Wow! That was a ton of food to have just for lunch, even though low carb!

I woke up this morning to 2 pounds lost!! I'm in the 150's now! A total of 6 pounds lost so far.

I absolutely love Sundays! My wonderful husband makes me breakfast every Sunday. Which is usually full of carbs with the potatoes and breads, but he made me a huge omelet (which I couldn't even finish) I had some low carb bread for toast, just 1 piece though. I didn't wanna go hog wild on it. I don't know what is going on this time with me, but I am not at all craving bread, potatoes, or sweets. I love this change and I hope it keeps going! Last time , low carbing, I was craving these things so bad I thought I was going to die living without them. I think I've just come to the realization that I'm not really in love with food, so I'm just trying to see it for what it is, which is fuel for the body. Nothing more, nothing less.

I hope you're all hanging in there.

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 03-02-2014 at 03:03 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 03:43 PM   #2037
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Gobah and Trig

All this talk about cocktails made we want one, LOL. Seriously though I've been thinking I need to cut the cocktails out for awhile and see if that gets the scale moving again. I enjoy a cocktail at the end of the day, usually a vodka tonic, two on weekend nights. Can't drink wine anymore as it causes big ole hot flashes, and I don't like drinking my carbs. It hasn't stopped me from losing the weight I have, but maybe now that I'm getting closer to goal it is. I know the alcohol gets burned off first, before the fat goes.

SIGH. Yeah, it's just one more thing to give up. Think I'll try cutting it out most nights and see if it makes a difference. Unlike cutting down the carbs, which for me had to be a permanent thing, this doesn't.

Trig, your description of the slumber party brought back memories. Both of being a kid and keeping parents up all night, and then the pay back, LOL, the kids keeping me up all night. Happily, we're past the slumber party stage.

Msgoody---good goin'! You're approaching what we call the "sweet spot" when LC is starting to do what it's supposed to do. Cut cravings and appetite. Portion control was always the issue w/me. Now that I eat only 25 to 35 NCs a day, that problem just went away, although I know it would be right back if I was eating like I used to. One helping of spaghetti or mac and cheese was never enough. But a nice salad and a small steak does it for me, often don't even finish the steak. Keep doing what you're doing, it works!

Very quiet weekend, nothing going on. This weather is making all our pals anti-social. No one wants to go out. I have to say that I'm looking forward to Monday, as I must go out for work. Getting a bad case of cabin fever!

Meeting my brother for dinner tomorrow night, if we don't get snowed out, and I'm really looking forward to that. Had to cancel it last week. Going to a great steak house, so the pickins' will be good.

Had a LC pizza for lunch, going to have BWWs for dinner and watch the Oscars!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:07 PM   #2038
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hey Gobah and Trig

All this talk about cocktails made we want one, LOL. Seriously though I've been thinking I need to cut the cocktails out for awhile and see if that gets the scale moving again. I enjoy a cocktail at the end of the day, usually a vodka tonic, two on weekend nights. Can't drink wine anymore as it causes big ole hot flashes, and I don't like drinking my carbs. It hasn't stopped me from losing the weight I have, but maybe now that I'm getting closer to goal it is. I know the alcohol gets burned off first, before the fat goes.

!
Have fun watching all the beautiful people at the Oscars. But the LCF's are the most beautiful of all....especially cheri

Last edited by GoBahnsen; 03-02-2014 at 04:10 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 06:40 PM   #2039
Major LCF Poster!

ME BAD. I am going to stick with MsG and that way I am safe....now not to be confused with msg which might kill ya

yea the allergies are bad for me also but you have it worse. I do seem to have them 3 seasons, winter I get a bit of a break. but we have a short winter so it doesn't seem like much. thank goodness for allergy meds truly!!!

So glad you got the keeper hubby we all got good guys that support and help and Blue's hubby is a chef. experimenting with lc meals for her. she is one lucky gal.

Blue---it is hard to cut more and more. I know. I am kinda there also. WHAT more to give up to get that stupid scale down and lbs off?
SORRY you are looking forward to work. heehee---cause that means your weather must be horrible. we had a great day here. wind is kicking but that is nothing.

I wish, just wish, it was easier to lose. I mean I am sticking LC perfect. doing water. the lbs move but NOT fast enough cause then I have a 'thing' that hits. something...ya know. geez, it is called LIFE! it gets in the way. a social thing, I want a few drinks on the weekend, I want to eat out and usually get a sodium hit from it, I want to snack more but KNOW that is not good for the lbs to come off. keep a few extra calories off the plate and butt.

There are foods I will never eat again and that is final. I know I am at that point in my lc journey. I been doing this awhile with my friends on this thread and we are doing it. be it slow, we are changing. our minds mostly and that helps.

rock on people!!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #2040
Senior LCF Member

Good Morning LCF's,

I'm so glad it's Monday (did I just say that?) I can get back to the weekly routines. Weekends just throw a wrench into the mix. We all went grocery shopping as a family and the rest of the fam ate at Subway. I didn't and I didn't want to get a burger and pull the bun. That's just too messy when you're out and about. Fast food burgers really are not good for my stomach anyway. I'm not sure why that is. What do they put in those things anyway lol. So, I decided to just not eat. I wasn't hungry anyway and it was pretty late at that point. So, it looks like grocery shopping will pose some challenges for me.

I have had my first bounce this morning. I had a feeling that was going to happen. I was 159.8 so very close to 160. I was just so excited seeing that 159. I still lost 5 pounds for the week so I'm happy with that.

It is so cold here. 0° here this morning, but the sun is shining and it's not supposed to last very long. 50's by the end of the week so that'll be a nice change!

A chef for a husband would be lovely! Especially with a low carb lifestyle. This food can get monotonous after awhile.

Yes, the hubby is definitely a keeper! We just celebrated 14 years.

Today I'll be babysitting my cousins 1 year old. Which should be interesting. It's been about 10 years since I've had to chase a 1 year old around lol If nothing else I'll get some exercise in!
Closed Thread