Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 11:04 AM   #1981
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hi gals. Having a stressful time here. Had to take DS to a pediatric urologist on Friday. His doc referred us on Tuesday and they had an opening. He will need to have surgery in April to correct an issue with his private parts. So kind of stressful, and I still haven't had time to research yet either. DH isn't convinced he should have surgery, but isn't willing to try and research it himself. Though with my science background it makes sense that I do it, I guess. We also have a consult with a pediatric endocrinologist at the end of March, as DS's TSH level has been high three times in a row (October, November, February). He likely inherited hypothyroidism from DH, who thinks he has had it since he was a teenager but it only recently got diagnosed. Poor kid, he has really bad genes!

So I haven't been giving too much thought to my diet, though I really tried to stay on track this weekend, though the samples at Costco got me yesterday. This morning I am still exactly 4 lbs. above my low weight. I decided to start tracking again today. At least it is something I can control. And I'm going to avoid ordering more sugar-free chocolate for now. It seems to be my downfall.

Glad your dad will be ok Trigger. Also, drinking lots of water/liquid seems to be a good plan. I will try to do that if I get the munchies. Glad you had a good weekend Blue. Hope your workweek is off to a good start. Mine will be very busy again, plus one of our front desk people is leaving at the end of the week so I will have to help fill in for that a bit. I don't mind, but it takes time away from other things. I have blocked off plenty of time on my calendar this week for projects. Hopefully I will get many of them done this week.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 06:45 PM   #1982
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Misti--- Nothing more stressful than when things go wrong w/our children. And it's so hard when you get something major like surgery recommended, and you wonder if it's the right thing, the necessary thing.

I'm not surprised to hear you have a science background, I hear it in your posts all the time. You have a very neat and concise, short and sweet way of communicating these things. So yeah, you probably are the right person to do the research on you son's issues. Still, that's no comfort when you're already over loaded.

We all hit tough times in our journey, and I think it's FABULOUS that through your bumps in the road, you ARE maintaining, not gaining. That's HUGE when you consider that most of us gained the weight to begin with because we weren't good at that. Seems you've gotten quite good at that!

And yeah, maybe cut out the SF chocolates for a bit, as you seem to like them w/nuts. I will just say that Dr. Eades says when his patients stall, it is almost always because of cheese and nuts, for whatever that's worth.

Trigger---Glad you ordered the GLCBC products. Will be very interested to hear what you think of them. Don't know what I'd do w/out my subs. Maybe they're not "pure" in the way some here want everything to be, but they've saved and whittled down my butt, LOL.

So I was up a pound and a half today, who knows why, considering I've had a very clean week of eating. I seem to be bouncing in a smaller range these days, and that's good---currently anywhere between 182 and 184.

BUT, I had a nice NSV today. I was choosing merch for a shoot at one of my client's stores, and a long time salesman said to me, "Good God, girl, you're getting downright skinny." Oh, happiness, even though I'm nowhere near skinny. But God bless the folks in our lives who notice our efforts.

Today was a whirlwind of busy, so much so that I've almost ended up fasting for 24 hours, not intended. But by the time I got home at almost 5, I'd had not anything but coffee, and strangely, I didn't feel hungry or needful of food through the day.

My dinner pal canceled because of illness, so I find myself at dinner time with all kinds of carbs and calories to spend. Making a BIG salad, and I'll still come in way under my goals today.

We've all gotten through another Monday, gals. Good for us.
Old 02-25-2014, 05:01 AM   #1983
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Awwww Misti I hope all turns out well for DS. any (ANY!) type of medical stuff with a kiddo is hard to handle. I know you must be beside yourself with all this happening. I would be! Poor kid, but you will get him thru all this and in the end all will come out OK and he will be better!! Prayers for his speedy recovery and everything turns out alright for you guys!!

eh, 4 lbs is fine to maintain. You hold the course. Don't worry about going down the scale right now, just be a low carb eater and hold where you are at. I sure done that. As long as you lc all the way and keep it in mind, you won't be gaining back what you fought hard to lose!!

Blue, you are getting downright skinny! I would love to hear that. bet it made ya feel good I've heard it before also and I want to hear it again but I am not there just yet lol

I am doing well. LC all the way baby. and Blue I agree I need to find some subs because I want a stupid sandwich and have got to have options. I am realizing it is a must for LONG term way to handle this woe. Now I can't wait til my order comes. I take it you are freezing some of these breads? use when needed?

My swimsuits came. HOLY COW. not good! 2 of them I just didn't like on me so they are going back. 1 fits nice in a smaller size (WOOHOO) and I am keeping it and the other in the smaller size I can barely, and no kidding, get it over my thighs. that smaller size is for a barbie doll or something LOL so that one is giong back. well, 1 kept out of 3 ordered. But that one I like I did just go online and order 2 sizes up on it. I liked it and for some reason it is cut super trim. Bleck. Clothes or swimsuits are all made so differently.

but it was a wakeup call.....I was teary eyed after trying them on because I am not where I want to be at all in my weight loss. I fudged around a good bit. Now I pay the price iwth spring coming on my heels. kinda got that depressed feeling----then I thought---HOLD ON. I can lose weight. I know that. YA GOTTA DO IT THO! LOL
So LC hard, just like when I started. back to weighing my cheese etc. Yes I had to wipe off the little food scale that was sitting on the counter and it is back in action. No more portion guessing. IT HAS to be about losing some now. I don't want to feel desperation cause that sure doesn't help, but I also know that it is time to be responsible and get this happening for the results I want.

medium busy day today. few things to get done. neck is still wonky a bit but alot better. should be warmer, sunny nice day with alot of Carolina blue skies
Old 02-25-2014, 05:13 PM   #1984
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---nothing worse than trying on swim suits, makes trying on jeans look like a walk in the park. Plus, like ALL women's sizes, they vary a lot from label to label, and sometimes within the same label. Remember, the one you kept is a smaller size and fits nice.

Having said that, it's not the worse thing if you see this as a wake up call to what you want for yourself. You spend a lot of time at the beach, and you want to look and feel better in a swim suit, that's motivation! Love that you dusted off your food scale, now that's determination!

I really believe once we get to goal and maintain awhile, our bodies adjust to that new "set point," and although we'll not be able to go hog wild (LOL, still thinking of the pix you posted on that!) I think we will be able to loosen the reins a bit. Or at least experiment w/it. Losing weight is more demanding than maintaining it in some ways.

So after saying all that, I'm off to dinner w/my pal who canceled yesterday, and I know I will come in over my calories for today, by some, but will hold on to my carb goal.

I figured out this morning when I weighed in at 183.0, a pound over the low I've been at twice in the last month, that I've basically lost nothing the whole month of February, just bounced around for 4 weeks. I had one treat night in the whole month, and it was modest. Otherwise I've eaten darn clean, and definitely less calories than I was.

So what's clear to me is that being 18 pounds from goal, my weight loss has really slowed down. I don't believe it's stopped, I just won't be surprised if it takes me most of this year to get there, and that's OK. I cannot cut calories anymore right now and maintain. I'm at a 1500 calorie a day goal, and at 5'll" I need those calories most day to keep from being honestly hungry. Lower calorie days happen only when it happens naturally, and it does occasionally, and so do higher calorie days. As long as I keep to my carb goals, then I'll have to accept what my body is willing to do under those circumstances.

Carbs are my first concern, always. Calories will be observed but they ain't rulin' the roost, LOL.

R
Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 AM   #1985
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Msgoody2shoes
Stats: Size 14 --> Size 6!
WOE: Moderate Carb
Start Date: February 24, 2014
Good Morning Ladies,

I have been reading through many of these posts. I am also doing my own way of low carbing. I have incorporated the use of the shakes as well. I'm not, and never have been a breakfast person so the shakes are the best option for me.

I have done Atkins before, so I know the ins and outs of it, and just how strict the plan is. So, I'm not going to do it, and then beat myself up when I can't stick to that WOE and quit. I do know that low carb is the best kind of diet for losing weight for me, as opposed to strictly low calorie. I am attempting to keep it both lower carb and lower calorie. I also have realized through trial and error that my body doesn't appreciate the high sodium foods as much as I do. So I try to stay away from those items as best as I can.

I started this plan Monday, so this is Day 3. Monday was extremely difficult. I was very hungry, tired, and grumpy. It's amazing the effect those carbs have on us. Yesterday, I felt so much better. I wasn't starving all day and my mood was much better. If I had to guess I would say that I am probably in ketosis which is why I'm not as hungry.

We bought a treadmill yesterday. I haven't used it yet. I'm just not sure how that fits in with my plan. Normally, you use it to burn off your calories, not carbs and you have to increase them to give you energy to get through a workout. Not sure how that's going to work. I'm going to have to do some research on that. I know low carbers do it. Maybe I'll look around on these boards and see what I can find on it. I'm really not sticking to a set number of carbs. I will liberally eat veggies, as I know they are the best thing for our bodies and the fiber is great to keep things moving!

Things are going well. I've lost 2 pounds so far, which is awesome! I'm drinking tons of water (which I hate). I miss my soda. I got through the caffeine withdrawal headaches finally. I tried drinking diet soda, but I can't stand whatever fake sugar they put in it and that nasty after taste. So I will just have to suck it up and deal with the water. I may add some lemon to it and see if that helps at all.

Well good luck to you all! I hope it's ok that I chimed in here. I just don't feel like I fit in anywhere else.

-Michelle

Last edited by Msgoody2shoes; 02-26-2014 at 08:26 AM..
Old 02-26-2014, 02:47 PM   #1986
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good post Blue. you always make so much good sense to me

yea I do spend alot of time in swimsuits literally when the season starts right thru til I freeze my buns off and can't wear them anymore. all my vacations are water based, along with my pool in my yard and anywhere else I can get into water at any time LOL

good news....lost 1.8 on the scale this morning. YIP! I tell ya, ANY AND ALL times when I eat clean lighter lc I do so well. You would think I could just stay the course---well I will now cause warm weather is coming and I gotta do what I gotta do to get where I want to be.

You are so smart to accept how long it 'might' take to hit goal. all the while you are actually living the lc life and it is working for you. if losses are slow who cares. you made a dramatic change in eating in your life, slower weight loss might happen, but in the end you will get to final goal.

super good lc eating today and know I will hold this course. In a good zone mentally right now so that helps

eDITED TO SAY: Just got my bread delivery at the door. OMG OMG I just ate 1/2 everything bagel with cream cheese and it was absolutely stinking wonderful to the fullest. I am a fan. 1 net carb for 1/2 bagel. good size also. I CAN NOT wait to try the rye bread. but sadly I am too stuffed to even bother at this point but will tomorrow morning by making myself a big old honking BLT. OMG I can't wait.

this makes me be able to make this a real lifestyle definitely. Bread. I got some breads back into my life iwth very very low carb counts. Oh my goodness. this is living now can ya tell I am happy!!!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 02-26-2014 at 02:59 PM..
Old 02-26-2014, 03:43 PM   #1987
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GoBahnsen
Stats: Have lost 42 lbs since Nov.19, 2013
WOE: Low carb my way
Start Date: 188 as of March 5, 2014 6'2"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
good post Blue. you always make so much good sense to me
Hi Trig I like Blue too
Old 02-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #1988
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hi GOB
I hope all is going good for ya!!!! I was kinda wondering about ya, haven't seen as much posts for you on the main board. Glad you are around
Old 02-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #1989
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

welcome MissGoody

seems like you are on your way.

the withdrawls from carbs, sugar etc. are gonna happen. you can get thru and find your own path of foods ya love all the time losing some weight.

cool you are getting a treadmill. You will be kinda tired for a bit as you adjust, but when that adjustment happens, you will feel so much better on lc way of eating
chat away!!!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #1990
Major LCF Poster!

MsgoodytwoShoes. Thanks for introducing yourself and telling us a bit of where you're at. Yep, we all do it "our way" here, and we've all been at it awhile. And a big part of all our individual ways, is experimentation to find what works best for us. That takes some time, so turn up your patience dial, and do join in!

Trigger--- 1.8 down is yummier than anything we eat! I wouldn't argue w/you about much once you set your mind to it---I bet your hubby and I would agree on that. I can really tell you're in a movin' and groovin' mode right now, and I love hearing about it. This is when it gets fun, imo.

And I'm so happy you got your GLCBC order. Yeah, those bagels are the bomb. So many things to do w/them for so little punishment. They're pretty filling and satisfying and I haven't had any desire to overeat them. At some point, try the onion pockets too, a bit denser, but so good buttered up and toasted to a slight crisp. Love them for dipping in soups. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the rye bread. I like rye, but don't love it, but I could be tempted to try it for say, a nice buttery fried up Rueben. I was not a big fan of the everything bread, texture was a bit spongey to me, but I only had one slice and froze. Think I might not have toasted it enough.

Hey Gobahnsen---what a surprise to see you pop up here! Thanks for your sweet comment. I miss seeing your posts in the ML. You have great humor and fun about you. Please feel free to drop in here any time, or all the time, if you don't mind swimmin' in women---which as my hubby says every time I have the gal pals over, is a very fine thing.

So last night I ended up doing fine on calories, but not on the carbs. The exact opposite of what I said I was going to do---which is why they say what they do about the best laid plans. It was the appetizers that got me, not so bad in themselves---green beans and calamari-- but the dips were ginger honey sweet, and I don't even want to think about how many carbs I dipped into.

Bounced up 2 pounds this am. Not surprised. Kills me how three days in a row of being under my calorie and carb goals doesn't get me even a mini whoosh, but a couple of appetizers w/a sweet dip and BOOM! But not fretting, just water weight rolling around. Had a busy day today, and am WAY behind on the water I should have been drinking to make it go away. Oh well, as Scarlett O'hara would say, Tomorrow's another day.

Back to the nice and clean today. Sliced chicken on a salad for lunch, and I will have a LC pizza tonight. Which reminds me---

Trig, have you ever tried the La Tortilla factory wheat wraps 7 NCs and about the size of a small pizza. I fry one up w/butter---which turns them crispier, and then toast it in the toaster oven w/cheese and whatever other LC toppings you want. Know I've talked about it before, but just want to point out that these done right are another great sub, and we love our subs. Yep,I agree, if not abused, they really do make this woe easier and more likely to remain a lifestyle.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #1991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Welcome MsgoodytwoShoes (Michelle)! I think you will fit right in here, so please keep posting. I drink an Atkins shake every day for breakfast. In the car on the way to work (at least DH drives) usually, but I usually stick with them on the weekends too. I find they keep me just as full as eggs and bacon frankly.

Blue, thanks for your kind words about me and my son. I really appreciate you noticing things like that!

Trig, congrats on the drop and thanks for the GLCBC review! I haven't placed a Netrition order recently (trying to avoid ordering massive amounts of sugar-free chocolate which are still in my cart) but I think I will try the bagels next order. I kinda feel like you do right now - I want to try a lot of foods but can't fit them all in! Though today I am very hungry, but I am trying to avoid eating more today. Just had a sugar-free suisse mocha hot drink, but it still didn't do the trick. Might have to get a spoonful of cream cheese.

Still about 3 lbs. above my low. It might take some time to get off because I don't think it is water weight this time. But I am tracking and trying to stay on plan as much as possible this week.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #1992
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
:
Hey Gobahnsen---what a surprise to see you pop up here! Thanks for your sweet comment. I miss seeing your posts in the ML. You have great humor and fun about you. Please feel free to drop in here any time, or all the time, if you don't mind swimmin' in women---which as my hubby says every time I have the gal pals over, is a very fine thing.

Hi ya Blue Been tending to my "Why do we stop our diets and backslide" thread. That's where I hang out with "the gang". But like every little circle of friends that form in here, there is always room for more.

I will pop in here, thnx for the invite. Good to see you and Trig again.
Old 02-26-2014, 06:51 PM   #1993
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Kills me how three days in a row of being under my calorie and carb goals doesn't get me even a mini whoosh, but a couple of appetizers w/a sweet dip and BOOM! But not fretting, just water weight rolling around.
THIS! it drives me nutso also. for all the time I am on plan, hoping for a .6 drop, begging for one, knowing I am lc'ing well low in the carbs, eating cleaner, lighter, and waiting-------nothing happens. then 1 day of a higher carb and and BOOM UP I GO. nothing fair about any of it

this is annoying as anything to me also LOL

I use OLE wraps. I got ya beat. Mine are net 5 carbs. I use them for my pizza base. tomatoe/basil flavor I love for my fake pizza and at 5 nc they are a great choice.

I HAD TO KNOW---so I toasted a piece of rye and its texture is fine to me. kinda small pieces tho. rye taste ok. not like the real deal but I will definitely be buying this again and again and again

I am in heaven LOL
Old 02-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #1994
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
THIS! it drives me nutso also. for all the time I am on plan, hoping for a .6 drop, begging for one, knowing I am lc'ing well low in the carbs, eating cleaner, lighter, and waiting-------nothing happens. then 1 day of a higher carb and and BOOM UP I GO. nothing fair about any of it
Yeah...it's not fair ladies! The rewards to punishment ratio is way too unfair.

But I have settled down about it since I first showed up here in Dec. I'm trying to lose my final 10 pounds or so. And the only way the last 10 came off was by starving myself. But that's because I like fast results.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:57 AM   #1995
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBahnsen View Post
The rewards to punishment ratio is way too unfair.
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!
so true!!

yea when I was low fat/low calorie diet I had to starve the last 10 off also. I couldn't do it and the only way was to just basically stop eating. I got that 10 off. kept it off for a while til I got slack and eating again but that was a few years at least.

with LC I think maintenance will be so much easier. food options (and yummy ones at that) should be a long term deal for me.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #1996
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

after 1/2 bagel with ALOT of cream cheese and then eating 1 piece rye toast with butter last night I dropped .6 on the scale.

oh yea this is doable

believe me finding this bread option will make a world of diff. on how I can handle low carb eating thru long term life.

easy day today. little of this, little of that. cold, icky, cloudy, kinda wants to rain so my sunshine is gone for today. crappola. I need some warm and sunshine big time !!!!!

hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #1997
Senior LCF Member

Another pound down!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I ate a lot more food. It's funny how you kinda feel like you're cheating by eating so much food. That's that low calorie mentality I guess. It was all low carb and I still managed to keep it low carb/lower calorie. The "poop fairy" made a visit. So, I thought there might be a loss today. Another pound down! 3 pounds in 3 days I'll take it! I know it will slow down eventually, but for now it's great and giving me the motivation I need to continue with what I'm doing.

I'm just a few pounds from the 150's, which is my short term goal. The 140's will be a real milestone since I haven't seen those numbers in years! 13 pounds to get there. I can probably get there by the end of March, but I'll shoot for my birthday in April. It's my 40th and we also have a wedding to go to in June. So, I'm hoping that's enough incentive for me to just stick to it. If I can just tell myself to stick to it until my birthday and see where I'm at by then.

I know myself and just don't do well on "diets". I'll have to figure out how to make it a WOL and not a diet. Obviously, I can't go the rest of my life without bread and potatoes. Honestly, though at this point I don't even miss those things. That's amazing in itself LOL! I'll just have to find some low carb breads and buns and I'll be just fine with that. Potatoes I can probably do without. They're not my favorite anyway. No big deal for me.

I cannot wait for this weather here in the Midwest to finally get warm and stay warm. I'm ready for Spring, for sure!

Michelle
Old 02-27-2014, 09:09 AM   #1998
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgoody2shoes View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Yesterday was a pretty good day. I ate a lot more food. It's funny how you kinda feel like you're cheating by eating so much food. That's that low calorie mentality I guess. It was all low carb and I still managed to keep it low carb/lower calorie. The "poop fairy" made a visit. So, I thought there might be a loss today. Another pound down! 3 pounds in 3 days I'll take it! I know it will slow down eventually, but for now it's great and giving me the motivation I need to continue with what I'm doing.

I'm just a few pounds from the 150's, which is my short term goal. The 140's will be a real milestone since I haven't seen those numbers in years! 13 pounds to get there. I can probably get there by the end of March, but I'll shoot for my birthday in April. It's my 40th and we also have a wedding to go to in June. So, I'm hoping that's enough incentive for me to just stick to it. If I can just tell myself to stick to it until my birthday and see where I'm at by then.

I know myself and just don't do well on "diets". I'll have to figure out how to make it a WOL and not a diet. Obviously, I can't go the rest of my life without bread and potatoes. Honestly, though at this point I don't even miss those things. That's amazing in itself LOL! I'll just have to find some low carb breads and buns and I'll be just fine with that. Potatoes I can probably do without. They're not my favorite anyway. No big deal for me.

I cannot wait for this weather here in the Midwest to finally get warm and stay warm. I'm ready for Spring, for sure!

Michelle
I Msgoody I liked your post. You said something that made me laugh. Thnx...I needed that
Old 02-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #1999
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I thought there might be a loss today. Another pound down! 3 pounds in 3 days I'll take it! I know it will slow down eventually, but for now it's great and giving me the motivation I need to continue with what I'm doing.

Michelle
Oh and welcome too! and big props to you for losing 3 pounds in 3 days!

I love the early days of a diet, for that reason alone
Old 02-27-2014, 09:52 AM   #2000
Senior LCF Member

Thanks GoBahnsen! I'm hanging in there. It's so motivating to see the pounds leaving! I heard someone say a pound = 4 sticks of butter.

Congratulations to you on your 40 pound loss. That's like losing a kindergartner!!

I'm glad I could make you laugh. Everyone needs laughter in their life! I think that's why we have children. My kids are the funniest little people in the world. The things they have said LOL!

Enjoy your day! I'm considering a date with my treadmill! It's such a love/hate relationship
Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #2001
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I know myself and just don't do well on "diets". I'll have to figure out how to make it a WOL and not a diet. Obviously, I can't go the rest of my life without bread and potatoes.

Michelle
You said it. I don't do well on a diet either and have to face this is as a total and no sway low carb lifestyle forever.

the great low carb bread is wonderful. that will be my bread for life now.

taters....I will have some sparingly in my maintenance future. They don't make me go carb crazy or anything and I can have some and limit it.

Congrats on the loss!!!

You just started but wait til you are into it longer and how good you feel!! It is worth the changes.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:03 PM   #2002
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

my kid loved the everything bagel. guess what she will be getting from here on out that is alot of carbs cut from her so that makes me happy!!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:31 PM   #2003
Major LCF Poster!

Gobahnsen---Wow, just noticed your stats, and you've lost a lot of weight since last I saw them! CONGRATS!

Misti---glad to hear your tracking again, I really do think it's helpful. I continue to make different decisions because of it.

Missgoody---Congrats on the pound down, you're off to a good start. It's amazing to me how much I don't miss most white food. My achilles heel is bread, and I've found some good subs, such as the Great Low Carb Bread Company, that really scratch the itch. The further you go into this, the more your appetite co-operates.

Trigger---another .8 down, you are on a roll! Looks like you're be re-ordering GLCBC products soon. I've already gotten my second order. Good of you to share the bagels w/the kiddo. If she can learn an appreciation for LC early it will save her a lot of nasty diets in her future.

Wow, still SO CLOLD here. I'm really tired of it, and I'm pretty patient with winter. But this is beyond winter, it's like living on the moon. Our roads are in crazy shape with the ice build up and the potholes. You don't so much drive anywhere as you bounce there, and I get enough of bouncing on the scale, LOL. They say more cold and snow on the way. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It was an at home day for me, so eating was easy and good. Cheeseburger on Trader Joe's 4 NCs sprouted wheat tonight. Yum, I'm in the mood for it.

Dropped those 2 lbs in a hurry and back down to 182.6. Third time I've been there, and hoping to see a new number in the next week. Seems I bounce up from a new number 3 or 4 times over a couple of weeks and then finally drop to another new number. Hope so, San Diego is growing closer and closer. Man, seems like it's taking forever to get to 180, but it is what it is.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:36 PM   #2004
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Gobahnsen---Wow, just noticed your stats, and you've lost a lot of weight since last I saw them! CONGRATS!

Misti---glad to hear your tracking again, I really do think it's helpful. I continue to make different decisions because of it.

Missgoody---Congrats on the pound down, you're off to a good start. It's amazing to me how much I don't miss most white food. My achilles heel is bread, and I've found some good subs, such as the Great Low Carb Bread Company, that really scratch the itch. The further you go into this, the more your appetite co-operates.

Trigger---another .8 down, you are on a roll! Looks like you're be re-ordering GLCBC products soon. I've already gotten my second order. Good of you to share the bagels w/the kiddo. If she can learn an appreciation for LC early it will save her a lot of nasty diets in her future.

Wow, still SO CLOLD here. I'm really tired of it, and I'm pretty patient with winter. But this is beyond winter, it's like living on the moon. Our roads are in crazy shape with the ice build up and the potholes. You don't so much drive anywhere as you bounce there, and I get enough of bouncing on the scale, LOL. They say more cold and snow on the way. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It was an at home day for me, so eating was easy and good. Cheeseburger on Trader Joe's 4 NCs sprouted wheat tonight. Yum, I'm in the mood for it.

Dropped those 2 lbs in a hurry and back down to 182.6. Third time I've been there, and hoping to see a new number in the next week. Seems I bounce up from a new number 3 or 4 times over a couple of weeks and then finally drop to another new number. Hope so, San Diego is growing closer and closer. Man, seems like it's taking forever to get to 180, but it is what it is.
Nice post Blue. I like how you take the time to show you care about everyone. That's sweet
Old 02-27-2014, 08:22 PM   #2005
Major LCF Poster!

Gobahnson---I appreciate your nice words. You know, for me, on line support is where it's at. Never was the type to go to a Weight Watchers meeting---not me, I'd rather sit home in my bunny slippers on a cold night and be able to chat w/you guys, even if it's hardly in real time.

It's nice to find a connection with people you'd never know if we weren't sharing this journey, and it's a gift to find a corner of caring people to share that journey with. I find it a lot of fun.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #2006
Senior LCF Member

Blue---Missgoody---Congrats on the pound down, you're off to a good start. It's amazing to me how much I don't miss most white food. My achilles heel is bread, and I've found some good subs, such as the Great Low Carb Bread Company, that really scratch the itch. The further you go into this, the more your appetite co-operates.

Thanks Blue! I appreciate hearing your kind words

Wow, still SO CLOLD here. I'm really tired of it, and I'm pretty patient with winter. But this is beyond winter, it's like living on the moon.

I hear ya! I feel like it's been a crazy winter all over the country blah!

Dropped those 2 lbs in a hurry and back down to 182.6. Third time I've been there, and hoping to see a new number in the next week.

3rd time is the charm, right? So hopefully it's going to stick now. Slow and steady wins the race. Our bodies just want to hold on to what's familiar so it takes a little coaxing. Weight loss truly is a battlefield. The battle to be thinner and healthier, the battle to coax the body into removing the weight, the battle to change our thinking along with our WOE, the battle to incorporate our WOE into the real world, the battle to put ourselves first, when so many of us have put ourselves last for so long, that's a challenge in itself!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #2007
Senior LCF Member

I was trying to figure out the quote thing above. Epic fail, as they say LOL!

I'm still trucking along. I lost about a 1/2 pound, .6 to be exact. So holding steady at 162.0. I wasn't really factoring the decimals, but in order to keep the motivation going I'm counting it today

It's the weekend. So, that presents some additional challenges. I don't eat meat on Fridays, so that's another little challenge with Low Carb.

So far here is a rough plan for the day:

B-Atkins Shake (this girl hates breakfast)
L-Veggies
D-Atkins frozen shrimp scampi meal with a healthy salad w/ranch

I may throw some snacks in there too. I'm not sure yet. I'm really not all that hungry. So, I've been forcing myself to eat. Especially the veggies to keep it all "moving".

One other small personal victory. I have noticed my wedding rings are very loose and just spinning around. I absolutely LOVE that! I know it's the water weight, but it's something!

I'm hoping to get my butt on the treadmill today. Why is that so hard for me to do? I know I need to do it, but I'd rather procrastinate about it. I'm just so happy in my little bubble here where I can control everything.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #2008
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Third time.

well let me tell ya gal, being on this thread with us will give you that motivation to drop it a bit more

we take care of each other here. we are small, but we are powerful and keep us on track

---------I lost .6 again this morning even after eating bacon and 1/2 bagel wtih butter at almost 9 last night..........had school thing and the usual starve thing when I got back

Strangely, I am at peace with lc now.
The stupid bread that is GOOD for lc is what made the diff.
I always wanted OPTIONS and finally found a comany that gives me the products I need

ok----cold, sunny but that stupid cold is here. I see buds. I see gras starting. I see spring so close. ..........COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!! I love the south

so close yet 1 day away. I love that

gonna ride Jade today. had 2 orders of the 'perfect' hackamore to put on her. returned them. bleck. last was so heavy even I wouldn't want that on my nose LOL got a light version coming.
I want to ride today. gonna ride up the road in a halter just to get on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am good and happy righ now

Last edited by Trigger828; 02-28-2014 at 08:52 AM..
Old 02-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #2009
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Third time.

well let me tell ya gal, being on this thread with us will give you that motivation to drop it a bit more

we take care of each other here. we are small, but we are powerful and keep us on track

---------I lost .6 again this morning even after eating bacon and 1/2 bagel wtih butter at almost 9 last night..........had school thing and the usual starve thing when I got back

Strangely, I am at peace with lc now.
The stupid bread that is GOOD for lc is what made the diff.
I always wanted OPTIONS and finally found a comany that gives me the products I need

ok----cold, sunny but that stupid cold is here. I see buds. I see gras starting. I see spring so close. ..........COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!! I love the south

so close yet 1 day away. I love that

gonna ride Jade today. had 2 orders of the 'perfect' hackamore to put on her. returned them. bleck. last was so heavy even I wouldn't want that on my nose LOL got a light version coming.
I want to ride today. gonna ride up the road in a halter just to get on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am good and happy righ now
I can't wait to read about all the LC folks getting out there in the warm sunshine and sweating off those unwanted pounds. I started on LCF in December, so all the posts have been about COLD and snow.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:47 AM   #2010
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I agree.

cold is not good for anyone.

we all want warm, easy maintenace vs. snow' SPRING come NOW
that is why I love my South. short winter, easy usually and Spring comes fast when u are begging for it
Closed Thread