Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 02:21 PM   #1921
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I don't like when I graze Misti. It makes me feel like I got cheated wtih less good food or something during the day I like meals. I know how it goes when you get cheated out of your good dinner!!

it started to snow. waiting for school to call and cancel for tomorrow. but it stopped right now but I know the kids will probably have REST OF WEEK off if what they say is coming, does come. bleck.

ran some errands. moving slow today. cold, rainy/snowy and windy and ugly outside.
hey, it is real winter it can go away for all I care!

vet came. horse got all shots. he said she is perfect. he aged her at about 12-13 years old, not the 10 they said she was, which is fine. no biggie. He said she is definitely not over 14. he figues 12-13 so that gives me a good age anyway.
he said she is healthy so that is all that matters.

I dodged a bullet. Hubby walked in wtih giant fresh hot pizza. OMG! I was about to eat a bunch of it cause I too didn't eat good today. about to say, who cares !!! but I held on and had like 2 bites crust then threw it away.

dinner tonight is garlic shrimp and asparagus. love aspar. and haven't had it in a while.

I bought Atkins chocolate candies. they are identical to MMs. they are good. not as sweet as MMs obviously, but they do give me that feeling of having some. 3 nc per pack means I can have 2 at night, good bit of chocolate to snack on. should be a good one for me to have something to snack and stay lc.

off to relax and watch the stinky weather

Hope you guys are doing well.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-2014, 04:08 PM   #1922
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hey gals---good job on walking away from the pizza! Boy, do I know that temptation---my son makes pizzas all the time. Mostly I just walk away from the whole thing, don't even trust myself to just scrape off the toppings, which is why I never order it out w/that idea in mind either--- because you never know when I might just grab a slice and eat all of it, or two or three. Funny, I never loved pizza that much, but now that I can't have it, of course I want it, LOL.

Also Misti---really liked this "could have done better, could have one worse." Ain't that the truth for a lot of our days, and I think it's important for us to remember how much WORSE we are all capable of doing. We report where we were less than perfect in our choices on a certain day, and yet when I think what I used to eat on a regular basis in terms of carbs---holy moly,my worst day on this woe is better to the moon and back than my best day before this woe.

Trigger---Great news that your girl is healthy, and if you ask me, older women are the best, not that I have any bias. Still, smarter, gentler, better judgement, lots of youth issues straightened out---that's the bonus of age. BTW, how long does a horse live in general? LOVE that you're using Jade as your avatar. Seems like it might mark a new journey for you---less about food, more about the joy of riding, and other passions answered to.

I LOVE animals and I just feel happy for Jade---I know she's got herself a lovin' new friend. Really, I'm so grateful for all those who give caring and kind shelter to any animal.

Pretty easy Monday, just one meeting and then I polished off more odds and ends that needed to be done.

Had some left over Peanut chicken soup for lunch w/pepitas and roasted coconut sprinkled on top. SO darn yummy.

Making an omelette w/cheese and roasted tomatoes for dinner, along w/some little sizzlers w/a dash of my SF Maple syrup and some sliced avocado.

Down to 183.8 this am. To me this means that 186 was one of those water bounce ups that happen to me now and then, for whatever reason---it's happened all along But I do think 183 to 184 is mostly my new territory. Glad I have till April to get to 180 for San Diego though, think it's going to take that.

I was thinking today that if I'm 180 when I go to SD, I'll be 17 pounds down from where I was when I went to Cartagena, when I was already far into my LC journey. When I think of it that way, I'm so good with how things are going!
Old 02-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #1923
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Not much going on today. Didn't weigh, since I was late this morning. Will get back on the scale tomorrow. Had leftover crack slaw for lunch, and some Progresso Light chicken enchilada soup for supper that Trigger recommended. It was good with some extra salt and a little tabasco, and I stuck with one serving so 6 net carbs. Plus I had a couple mozzarella sticks. Then I had dessert...lots of peanuts and sf chocolate chips. I used to snack on that a lot (with real chocolate chips) in my high carb days. Oh well...could have done better, could have done worse!

Glad Jade checked out, Trigger. Our new cat (did I tell you guys we got a cat) has cost us quite a bit in vet bills so far, I can only imagine how much a horse cost. Glad your scale is cooperating Blue! I have no doubt you will be 180 or less (probably much less!) by your trip.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #1924
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vanilla_latte
Stats: Weigh/Too/Much!
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 8/18/14
Okay, I lurk here occasionally and I just gotta say congrats on the horse!!!! I adore horses, had several when I was younger. Would love to have another one myself, but it's just not feasable. Jade is beautiful and reminds me of the horse love of my life.

Just wanted to say congrats!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #1925
Major LCF Poster!

Hey vanilla!!!! glad to see ya!

thanks on the horse. I am a horsey person also. they just fit so well into my life.
I am lucky. got barns, pasture etc. farm gal here I truly hope some day you can get your hands on another one. they do add something special in your life!!
Old 02-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #1926
Major LCF Poster!

Misti, the vet bills aren't too bad, unless they get major sick. then we are into big bucks seriously my dog shots were more....her cost for all shots yesterday was
$58. that included the barn visit. I was happy.

Your new cat !!! COOL. I love cats also. What is her name?

but be careful, I saw on the internet the other day a guy got bubonic plague from his cat. OMG his hands were totally black. floored me to read that. I TELL YOU I shouldn't be reading all this news. it blows my mind LOL

Doing good today. still up a bit. NOT DOING total lc. I mean just a bit of heavier eating days. Maintaining basically. which isn't great cause I want to LOSE....not maintain but can't seem to push me into that zone right now.

the weather. I swear that is it. bleck. cold. gonna get 8-12 inches in my area NOW they say. starting tonight. WE SHALL see what happens.

Blue, you are doing so well on this plan. You stay the course. You fit right into LC and it is great to read how comfortable you are becoming on plan!!!

off to get things done. made a beef stew in the crockpot. hubby wants dumplings with it. OMG! talk about heart attack stew LOL but I will just have a bit of meat.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:46 PM   #1927
Major LCF Poster!

Vanilla Latte---love your stats, LOL. If you ever feel like doing more than lurking here, please join in, we'd love to have you.

Misti---Good improvement on the SF chocolate chips from the real ones. I know some have issues w/sweetners etc, but thankfully I don't and doesn't sound like you do. For me I can be happy on low carb, but don't want to do it without some subs. Not much of a sweet tooth here so that's not where most of my subs are. I think we all know where mine are, lol.

Trigger---$58 for shots and a barn visit?! Yeah, my dogger costs considerably more for much the same agenda.

Nothing wrong with maintaining, it is after all the second best option to losing. The third and only really bad option is gaining it all back.

Booked my trip to San Diego today. Will stay 2 nights at a hotel on the ocean w/one of my gal pals, and the last 2 days at my pal's who lives there. Nice combo of a little bling, and a little homey. There will be 4 of us all together, who have known each other for almost 50 years.

So gals, I'm in "bat out of hell" mode on the woe, LOL. I don't do high school class reunions, but this is kind of like that for me, but much better. I want to look and FEEL great when I get there. It's a convenient goal, and I'm glad for it. I do well with short term mini goals, in many areas of my life.

Our scale battery is dead, so I couldn't weigh myself this AM. Hubby ordered new batteries, but they probably won't get here till at best the end of the week, maybe next week. Funny, but this is uncomfortable for me. I've gotten so used to weighing myself every morning, as opposed to the days I avoided the scale. So it will be interesting.

Had an artichoke for lunch, and a handful of pepitas. Tonight will be a cheeseburger on a GLCBC onion roll---two open faced sandwiches, a patty and cheese on each.

Which reminds me, Trig did you get your GLCBC order yet?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:03 PM   #1928
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, go steal some batteries from something else to put in your scale I can't function without a working scale even for a day LOL

no didn't order yet.

In fact, I bought bread today. NOT HAPPY with it. 'light 7 grain' from pepperridge farms. bleck. very thin cut and kinda like oatmealy taste. AND then I realized (and I swore it read less at the store) it was 7 nc per slice. which ''sounds'' ok but then it would be 14 nc for 2 slices. that is alot in my book for a thin, small, ho hum sandwich.
I got roast beef and provolone cheese on it and melted it and toasted the bread. the cheese/meat almost basically ripped thru the toast. not good for me. probably throw the rest out cause hubby ain't gonna touch it

I think i will put in an order now cause I need some options and there was nothing at the store that fits the bill for me.

Your upcoming trip sounds fab and it is a great goal. to go when you feel great is a huge plus! 50 years is a long time! Chatted with mom today. anniversary. they are married 58 years today. holy she was chatty I guess cause they made it this long LOL
Old 02-11-2014, 05:57 PM   #1929
Major LCF Poster!

Trig---so cool your parents have been together for 58 years today! And I think I'm doing good at 24 years this April w/the hubby, but your parents have done twice the time, note the pun.

These gal pals of mine go back to when we were 11, and one when we were 8---Brownies together. She went on to be a stellar girl scout, and I dropped out and began my years of rebellion. But still, she always got me and I always got her and we loved each other right through our differences. But none of that is like a marriage. Congrats to your parents!!!!

If you do place an order w/GLCBC, I just want to note that my rec is w/the bagels and the onion pockets. Not so keen on the bread, but try whatever sounds good to you.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:26 AM   #1930
Major LCF Poster!

twice the time LOL I know mom said looking back the 58 years flew by. bet they did. getting older now and I can't believe 'how time flies'. weird.

You are lucky you stuck with your friends. I had 2 besties. One I chat with thru email. she moved out to Colorado. the other, she is somewhere in Virginia area last I knew. It is great you guys kept in solid touch and can meet up and have a blast. We kinda all went our own way when we got older. I guess we let life get in the middle and split up the group to the level you held on to yours. That is fab!!

I am going to try the rye bread from GLCB along with the bagels and onion pocket. I love rye and am hoping toasted it can hold onto a melted cheesey type sandwich. the other bread was so disappointing and way too high in carbs. I have to be lower than that.

school cancelled. not one flake of snow out there but they say now 3-5 inches is coming. heck they don't know! cold and icky outside but the days following this 'big storm' are in the high 40s/low 50s so whatever does come is not going to stay long.

woke up not hungry so I think today will be an easy lc day and I can move toward dropping some weight. I noticed I am going in groups of 'hungry days' and then I maintain thru that and then I am having 'not hungry days' where I can drop some weight before that other feeling comes. holding my lows and not going up so that is good.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:28 PM   #1931
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: onthepath
Stats: 234/213/180
Start Date: June 2012
Bumping so I can read later
Old 02-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #1932
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthepath View Post
Bumping so I can read later
Hey onthepath, another Minnesotan here!

Hi gals,

I read this interesting thing today on "Livin' La Vida Low-Carb," Jimmy Moore's site. Now, let me say, I don't like pod casts. Can't just sit there and listen, unless I'm in my car and don't have a choice. Have tried to listen to podcasts while doing other work on the computer, and that doesn't work for me either. But the great thing about what I'm about to recommend is that it comes w/a transcript you can read.

If you go to the site, look for Kevin Geary's "Why we fail at our health goals." Scroll past the podcast and you'll find the transcript, which I loved as I can read in 5 times the time it takes me to listen.

He makes some really good points about our "triggers," And Trigger darlin, he wasn't talking about you, silly man. And he talks a good bit about how we think "will power" is the answer and shame ourselves when it doesn't work for us. Really worth the read, my friends. I think we can all find ourselves in what he writes.

We put the "dead" scale battery back in today, just to see if it would do anything for having been re-inserted till the new battery arrives (this is not a battery you can get many places) and lo and behold, it worked. So I know I'm at 183.6 today. Down a smidge.

No knew lows, but my clothes are fitting differently again, everything just a bit looser. So I think all is well, and I am reminded the scale is only half the story, and often behind the real story.

Had a HUGE LC breaky today, unusual for me. An omelette and breakfast sausages and when I added it all into my tracker, It was 800 calories before I'd hardly begun the day, LOL, but carbs were fine. Good news is that it kept me satisfied all day, but now I'm hungry for dinner. Going to do it from LC leftovers. And if I go a bit over my calorie "hopes," meh. So be it.

I think I like the idea of carb GOALS, and calorie HOPES. There's a difference between goals and hopes
Old 02-12-2014, 05:45 PM   #1933
Major LCF Poster!

Ha, Trigger your vet bills for Jade are definitely less than the cat bills so far! He had a urinary tract infection a couple weeks ago that set us back $150. now I have to buy all wet food, the vet didn't say so, but I read that male cats are prone to UTIs and a wet food diet is best, as it help keep their system flushed out. I also realized that if I am eating a ketogenic diet my cat should be as well! Cats being carnivores and all. So I researched it and found a site that had info on the best foods, low carb and high protein. So we are spending a lot more on cat food than we used to, because even some of the grocery store brands that are ok (some of the Fancy Feast and Purina One types) are not the cheapest. And some of the good brands are over $1 a can for a little tiny can. Our very old, deaf, outdoor female cat is still getting dry Purina cat chow though. Not changing that now!

Glad you booked your trip Blue. How great you've known these friends for so long! I don't have any "childhood" friends left. I'm Facebook friends with quite a few people from high school, but I woudl say most of my real friends are from college and beyond. I don't keep in touch as often as I should. Glad your scale is working again for now. Mine isn't moving much, which is actually a good thing. If it was it would be in the wrong direction I am sure! I hope I can shake off this over-snacking soon. I know I am still in ketosis, and I'm not hungry. I'm just eating to eat. Which I know I shouldn't be doing, but I am.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #1934
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---OMG, totally missed the new cat thing! Had to read back to find it. Senior moments. Did you get a kitty? I must love cats from afar, as I am very allergic to them. Wish I wasn't, would so have one if I could. I'm quite fascinated by them. And yeah, I had the same reaction to Trig's vet bill---which is that my dogger costs a lot more!

I do feel lucky to still have these old friends. And it is just some lucky magic powder of who we are and the stars that we all held on over all these years. I have had many friends in my adult life who have come and gone---circumstance, timing, growing away from each other etc. But you know, the best remain, from both my childhood and my adulthood, and I could never keep up w/all those I've at one time been close to. It's the way of things.

On the "over snacking" again, I would point to the article I listed in my post. There are some very helpful thoughts there, at least there was for me.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #1935
Major LCF Poster!

LOL my horse thrives on grains HAHA cheap also actually. yea I know the price of critter food is getting alot higher in the store for th GOOD stuff to feed them.

Bolt (my papillion) eats chicken. Yup, I cook chicken every day for him. also he gets IAMS dry but he barely touches it. of course being small, a bag goes a long way which is nice.

we are paralyzed literally here. about 8-9 inches on the ground now and our state is just shut down.

stupid (that is hubby) went to work this morning. staying til 4 he says. I told him he was a fool. LOOK, if he runs off the road I can't help. no one is on the roads anyway. he will be stuck for good and if he hurts the truck he is triple dead.

I went looking for a shovel to do snow. Yea all I got is regular shovels. No snow ones like we had up north. took forever to make a path with a little shovel LOL

of course kiddo loves it. she is out building a snowman right now.

too much snow for us. there are 2 snow plows in the state. 1 in raleigh and 1 in charlotte. believe me we don't have equipment LOL

I am sure kiddo out of school til monday/ maybe tues depending on how hot the weather is to melt this junk fast.

ok easy eating today. big old honking bacon cheeseburgers for lunch.
chicken (in oven or BBQ if we lose power) but I can stay lc either way

hope you guys are doing well!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #1936
Major LCF Poster!

Well now that's interesting. I posted something here yesterday after my initial "congrats" post and it's gone. Seems like I posted the initials to the homeowners association and then it said it would have to be approved by the mods, but I haven't gotten an email saying why.

Basically, it said if we had have an acre more, we could have a horse out here. Maybe if we move out to west Texas.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #1937
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Trigger---so you finally got that snow! Been watching news reports on this all day as I worked on my computer. As a once northern girl you know 6 to 8 inches is chuckle up our sleeve stuff to us. But wow, 2 snow plows in the state?! When it snows here, anything over 3 inches, it's like an army has descended on us, snow plows everywhere you look!

Imagining you shoveling with a garden shovel and knowing just how wrong that would be, But yeah, what fun for kiddos, particularly for those who don't experience this hardly ever. Hoping your hubby is back home and safe by now, no stopping those men sometimes. We ladies know when to keep our bunny slippers on and stay warm and out of trouble.

Roasting tomatoes for a steak salad as I write this. Had my fave artichoke lunch w/butter and mayo. God, I love those things, so satisfying to me. Nothing else so far, so with my steak salad I'll come in good today on my tracker.

Hanging in there at 183.6 today. Knew I wouldn't see a new number for awhile, these days I kind of know the rhythm of my losses. But I'm starting to set aside clothing for my trip, and today I tried on a knit dress I bought for Cartagena, that I thought looked good enough then. But boy, does it ever look better now! So these are the NSVs we live for, right?

AND, I'm not particularly hungry, feeling satisfied w/my LC foods. so all is good!
Old 02-14-2014, 05:46 AM   #1938
Major LCF Poster!

Vanilla, yea it is wierd what they allow and won't allow typed on this forum

I am lucky I am out in the boonies almost so we don't have restrictions.

Horse is out in the pasture digging thru snow to get to the grass. funny to watch her s intent on pawing and finding a scrap here and there
Old 02-14-2014, 05:51 AM   #1939
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, that is sweet something you wore before is even BETTER now.

the lc way that makes us leaner and less fluffy is a HUGE extra I do love about eating this way. leaner/more slim/less fluff when weighing heavier actually. can't go wrong with that perk!!

things are melting out there which is good. can't wait til every speck of snow is gonzo!
had like 5 towels at the front door for the kids tracking in and out for new dry gloves. had the dryer going in between LOL they had a blast.

my friends mom came down and I ended up drinking a few beers. stalled me on the scale. stayed lc all the way except for those beers. kept me maintaining. which is ok. Come to realize that is better than gaining. You know I feel more relaxed now that I even 'allow' myself a maintain time....but I do got to keep it rolling down the scale.

I gotta refire my butt into loss mode.

off to make a bunch of bacon this morning. yummy. that will hold me well. dinner tonight? no idea. maybe some pork chops. gotta hit the freezer and see what is there to defrost.
Old 02-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #1940
Major LCF Poster!

wish I could 'edit' after. but wanted to add

got on the scale. up .8

not bad. hmmm will take it.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #1941
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Vanilla, yea it is wierd what they allow and won't allow typed on this forum

I am lucky I am out in the boonies almost so we don't have restrictions.

Horse is out in the pasture digging thru snow to get to the grass. funny to watch her s intent on pawing and finding a scrap here and there
Yes, and disappearing threads!!! There was a Facebook thread started in the PG and it's gone. Another thread got deleted recently on BPC.

We're in the mid-boonies. If we moved a bit further west or north, we could definitely do the horse thing. We don't get snow a lot, but with winters like this country has had, we get a little. Mostly snowy ice ... icy snow, but we do get excited when we get it.
Old 02-14-2014, 02:37 PM   #1942
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentines Day gals!

Hope y'all are having a lovey day!

Trigger---Love the way you put things. Feeling and looking less "fluffy." Exactly!I swear that even though I have 10 more pounds to lose than what I lost last time around on exercise and calorie restriction, I feel just as slim as then and can wear the same clothes from then, the ones I have left. Sometimes we just don't see the fat gone on the scale.

Well, I started Valentines day very well. First the scale dropped to 182.4, down a pound and a new number! Second, the hubby left roses and a valentines card on my desk in an envelope that was addressed to "my littler valentine." Way to steal a girl's heart all over again. He's such a good guy in so many ways---never made me feel bad when I was over weight, but has been very supportive of my losing it, even when it's involved HIS kitchen, LOL---that one's been hard on him, but I'm trying hard to keep the order there and he's getting better at letting go a bit. Yep, he's a keeper. Lucky me.

We're now off to an early Valentine's Day dinner w/our neighbors. Getting a reservation on a Friday night was almost impossible unless we went really early, so we're off to a Japanese restaurant for their happy hour and a bite to eat, dessert and a fire back at our house after.

Probably not going to see that new number again for a bit, as tonight will be a treat night for me. Going to have Tempura shrimp, the carbs #s for this are all over the place on the net, some surprising low, some pretty high. Depends on the place and the batter etc. But oh well. Will eat LC around the shrimp, no rice, a veggie and a salad. So I'll survive it, but probably not w/out a jump on the scale. Still, tonight is for lovers, including lovers of good food.

Hope you gals have a cozy nice night w/your hubbies and your families---one full of love.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:49 AM   #1943
Major LCF Poster!

YES your hubby is a keeper you got a sweet one. just don't mess up his kitchen LOL

Hubby got me an orchid. very cool and strange looking with a sweet card.
I got him and kiddo candy, stuffed critter and got him a shirt to wear on vacation.

we had a good V day!!

Congrats on that lb. drop. you doing it!!!

Went out to breakfast. I sneaked 'less than about 1/4 cup' of home fries. OMG they were good. not enough to do any damage, very small amt....but darn I wish I didn't even do that. kiddo and friend and hubby loaded their plates. I just snitched a few off each plate bacon and sausage and a little egg was what I had with water with lemon.

at least I didn't cook this morning!

totally stuffed. tonight won't be much. kinda everyone fend for themselves. I do have 2 atkins dinners left from a while ago....much just jump on those for dinner and use them up.

snow melting nicely. hopefully by tomorrow it will all be gone. who knew 6 or so inches can disappear so fast. I love that!!!!!! want it gone. muddy mess everywhere here.

off to get laundry etc done. chore day. been lazier than normal, (gotta be this weather and wind is whipping out there now) and gotta get my butt in gear and get some things done.

Misti, how are ya? check in so we know all is good !!
Old 02-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #1944
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

Snowy day here---very pretty as long as you're viewing it from inside---where I intend to stay today. Been surfing around the net for a bit, and found a dress I LOVE for San Diego. So springy and pretty and very reasonably priced. Can't wait to feel the ocean breezes blowing through it!

Trigger---I LOVE orchids, what a cool Valentine gift. Someone gave me on for my birthday once, a planted one, and it took me all of a week to kill it LOL. I love flowers but my thumb is black and they really should call plant social services any time I try to buy one.

I find myself tasting things off plan now and then, and don't think less than a quarter cup of anything is a game changer. But of course, it's a slippery slope. Still, I don't think making this a lifestyle involves never having a bite or two of a no no. I can do it as long as I stick to just a taste.

Misti---Yep, miss you too.

So last night was lots offun. It was very nice to go out early and beat the crowds and we had a great time back at our house when we returned. I ended up having only 2 tempura shrimp after all, which was a combo w/a hibatchi steak in soy and ginger. Had a thin slice of cheese cake, didn't eat the crust. So it wasn't a bad treat night.

Still, back up a pound today to 183.4. Not surprised. I might have been de-hydrated w/the 182.4 reading. Nice clean LC planned for today, plus some reading time, and a movie and fire w/hubby later. Very nice Saturday for me!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #1945
Major LCF Poster!

oh your night wasn't bad. up a bit isn't bad from what you said you tasted.

you are right about the 'slippery slope'. Believe ME when I say I wanted a whole 2-3 cups of those taters but I held my ground. I was strong but there are days when I am weak and a taste can send me fast first into something. I absolutely must be careful.

the orchid says 'to water use 3 ice cubes per week (or 1/4 cup water)' nothing else.
I usually kill things also. gonna see how long I can keep this going as a challenge HAHA
hmmm

Misti, oh Misti, where art thou?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #1946
Major LCF Poster!

OK MISS MISTI---check in with us. wondering how you are doing and if all is OK?

I just ate a ton of bacon and scrambled 2 eggs with a bit of melted cheese. YUMMO
stuffed.

tonight is 2 pork chops and brocc or asparagus or mushrooms, eh, maybe small salad.

oddly I am doing ok.

scale is down .6 about so I am fine with that. sticking to lc. seem to be comfortable right now with that so I will roll with it. Not worrying about food (at least this moment) and I hope that continues.

I like when food is not on the top of my thinking list

sunny, nice, kinda warmer day. SNOW is all but gone. just a smidge left but the mush and muck is crazy. I hope this is a sign we are rolling into early spring here.

all good, everyone check in and say what is doing!
Old 02-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #1947
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin' gals.

Well, I ate very clean yesterday, good on calories and water and for whatever reason, the scale jumped up another pound this am and I feel "fluffy" as Trig would say. When I feel like this it's always in my midriff---my metabolic syndrome sore spot. I have lost a lot in that area, but with the belly, it remains the place I still need to lose the most. So this morning I just feel down right rolly polly, SIGH. It happens.

I was reading a post in the ML and I recognized my pattern to a T when another poster named it. A whoosh of a couple pounds that sticks is followed by nothing but bounces--- and many of those bounces are up--- for 2 to 3 weeks. Then the cycle starts again, with an average loss of 3 pounds a month, sometimes a bit less. Been this way for a long time, and so far the calorie tracking and slight reduction just hasn't changed that.

I'm going to keep tracking because it DOES have a big role in my making better decisions, no small thing. But honestly, I just think this is my body's loss pattern and unless I tweak like crazy, I'm not going to change that. And I'm not one to tweak myself into being unhappy on this woe. When I read what some give up to lose weight faster, I shudder with the thought of eating like that, and know I couldn't maintain it.

So it is what it is. Still hoping for 180 by San Diego, and I think it's going to take that time to get there. SIGH. I think when one feels fluffy the solution is a nice plate of bacon and cheesy eggs. That's why I love this woe!

Thanks for listening to my Sunday Morning thoughts, gals. Sometimes it just hits you, you know?
Old 02-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #1948
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
When I read what some give up to lose weight faster, I shudder with the thought of eating like that, and know I couldn't maintain it.

BOY DID YOU SAY it just like I think it all the time

I will not and am not giving up what so many have just to lose lbs. and worse is when they want it. like the dairy threads. sure some are sensitive and that is definitely something to check, but if you are not, why oh why would one give that up? Voluntarily? I won't and can't.

Blue seriously we are doing this our way. Slow and steady. experimenting and realizing slowly what foods we can 'play' a bit with and what we know we have to watch severly.

You know, you are lucky you really know your body's pattern of weight loss. It would make one more settled knowing what kinda to expect.

I kinda don't.....but the more I have been thinking about it.....I think I am ''big loss'' like 6-8 lbs real fast---then I go up and down and up and down til about a 2 months later I do it again. that would be about 3-4 lbs per month....kinda like your averages basically. I noticed I am real good on lc and drop fast big weight, then I experiment a bit all the while staying near my lowest weight, til I get ticked after a while and drop more and repeat the pattern but if that is me I am cool with it cause in the end, it all adds up and it means goal.

I think being older, doing this again one final time, means I have to do it different. can't go nutso fanatic on this 'diet' or woe. I am 'kinda' dieting to lose lbs...but will maintain on this woe.

it is funny cause I was thinking thru the last weeks that IT IS time to drop some big weight. I've been hovering here too long. hmm....my pattern I guess

I like your posts Blue on the ML. you come up with some good ones !!

also remember Blue, our bodies do the gal thing even tho we are older and we don't have to deal with monthly stuff, I truly think the body does hold water monthly and we still have the fluffy benefits from it LOL

Last edited by Trigger828; 02-16-2014 at 11:25 AM..
Old 02-16-2014, 06:34 PM   #1949
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals! Sorry I dropped out for a couple of days. Too much going on at work, and the cat got sick again. He was acting very weird on Friday night, and in out of the litter box, then peed on the floor on Saturday morning. Had to take him to the vet again, they gave him an antibiotic and he's been fine since, but I've been resarching cat foods again. I thought I had it all figured out with low carb/high protein/no grains but now I've added low phosphours in the mix. So there goes the "cheaper" foods like Fancy Feast. Did ok this weekend eating wise except for some popcorn both days. Didn't even go to the movies! One was a movie at home and one was at the farm & fleet store today (Thiesen's) - they have free popcorn and I had some of DS's second bag. I don't know where the scale is at, haven't weighed in a couple of days. It probably isn't good. I thought about doing meat and egg this weekend but that didn't happen when we had to rush to the vet on Saturday. But a warmup is coming this week. Maybe that will remotivate me!
Old 02-17-2014, 04:34 AM   #1950
Major LCF Poster!

***slapping Misti on the wrist*** you stay around here girl. we need ya LOL

wow on the kitty. I hope he gets to being better fast. those vet bills hurt (I sure know on that)

Maybe you should do like me. I feed my dog chicken. I nuke it up enough for a day or 2 and keep in fridge. just shred him up some and then I leave a bowl of mini chunks IAMS dry in his bowl to munch thru the day. Of course you could get a better dry food for the cat. he does great on IAMS. ALSO IT SOUNDS extravagant nuking chicken for the dog but by the time I buy the GOOD canned stuff it is just about the same price. A pack of chicken goes a long way for my little dog, so I would think it would for a kitty also.

I am waiting for the warm up also! I know exactly what you mean!

For me this morning I am icky, feeling fat and all that mess!

hot flashes and freezing flashes all night long. so tired, went to bed at 11 which is early for me and then woke up at 2 and have mostly been up since then. hot cold, blanket no blanket, fan myself and flip pillow for the cool side it was insanity.
believe me!!

They left for a bit and now back. seems to be the pattern. get hit hard then they leave and hit again when they feel like it Some kind of COSMIC joke on women.

got alot of running to do today. off in a bit to make the rounds.

gonna be one of those days!!
Closed Thread