Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #1831
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi gals.

Trigger---and you continue to move towards being in onderland once again. Your moments away! And hey, I noticed in your stats that you and I have the same goal! Yep, 165. Haven't seen it in a very long time, closest I got was about 168 four years ago.

Also, I seem to remember that like me, you're a tall gal. 5'8"? I could totally have this wrong and mixed up w/someone else on the board. I'm 5'11", and 165 would make me officially slim, at my age anyway. Funny, I remember so many years when everyone was telling me to put some meat on my bones, even though I ate like a horse. I was perpetually skinny till my thirties, and never more than 10 lbs overweight till my forties.

Then, like you, after a late first and only child birth at 38, the weight started to pile on, and then the forties melted into the fifties and peri and total menopause, and the battle was on.

LOVE this new energy in you w/the thought of a new horse. Like I said,

Misti---we have to pop a metaphorical bottle of champagne here when you hit 199!!! You have come such a long way. Also, saw your post on Atkins meals. Interesting. I'm no purist, and not for or against, (except as a lifestyle) but none of these pre-packaged meals ever satisfied me---memories of Stouffers when I was doing low fat. I would eat them, and it was like an appetizer without much joy.

And as for the raccoons, LOL, it's only happened twice in 24 years here, and for me it's all about the babies. And, I think city girls can be quite senseless in this regard.

My salad last night was so freaking good, if I do say so myself. Had left overs from it for lunch. I'm tellin' you gals, roasted tomatoes are the best in the winter! Roll 'em around in Olive oil, balsamic vinaigrette, salt, pepper and a dash of splenda and roast for about 15 minutes. My neighbor couldn't believe how good they tasted on this salad.

For dinner tonight, I'm making in between posting here, a LC tortilla pizza w/melty cheese, sour cream, a touch of salsa and fried onions. Haven't done this in weeks and looking forward to it.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 05:31 PM   #1832
Major LCF Poster!

Noticed I forgot to end a sentence, too busy making dinner. But what I wanted to say is "like I said..." in an earlier post, passions, hobbies, interests can fill holes food used to.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:31 AM   #1833
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
I am down 0.6 lbs. again today too, to 205.2, another new low! This low carb thing really works when we did it right, huh?!
YOU SAID it Misti! it does work when we do it right!!

That is very interesting about MLK day in your area. I never heard a school doing that before.

Snowing? I was a northern gal before coming to NC, but I have to say I love the easier winters down here. Snow was fun as a kid. but get older and it means driving to work in it, shoveling and tons of wet clothes to handle.

You keep up the good work Misti. You are heading straight into the 100s!!!!
great accomplishment!!

Blue you are right. the horse business is keeping me in high spirits. I made a decision, one that suits me best and away I go. funny when something is weighing on your mind how it effects you daily. I didn't think it was, cause I kinda said, no horse cause we travel, but I think it was just jerking me around mentally. glad that is over!

You and me are the same. Yup, 5'8. tall and straight, not curvy hardly at all. like a bean pole! 43 for my only kid. I was 'never a twig' except teens/20s but then I got a 'little bit heavy', nothing dramatic. carried it well. but after kiddo which I gained only 19 lbs with her, the week after I starting packing on weight. TOOK OFF 70 lbs. then 50 back on
And away we go again. Me and you have bathing suit troubles also! those long torsos are hard to find but when thinner, I have better chances into fitting into suits. they stretch longer instead of wider when I got a gut. HEEHEE

We need to get ya a horse. then we'd be twins

For me nice drop. 1 more lb. GONZO! Yip!

Misti hit it on the head. when ya do it right it works. duh for me!

lc all the way yesterday, not eating much. not hungry.
all going well on this gal's southern front

I found a good horse in area. but she might be sold. bleck. this lady is selling what I want and I contacted her but haven't heard back yet. drats.
well, just keep plugging along and find the right one.

outside barn work today
some fence work
laundry and the likes

kiddo is better, hubby went to work and is mostly better and I am good. crud didn't get me yet.

work it today guys so we can drop that scale.

which I am not updating stats now. like every 2 weeks I will change it.

It was funny but when I had the 198.5 there that I hit, and then bloated back up during the holidays, I couldn't get back there but just seeing that 198.5 listed, being heavier, was depressing. So I am going to keep the higher number and every 2 weeks put the new stat weight. I like seeing my current weight higher on the board than what it is. makes me feel like I am going somewhere.

Old 01-19-2014, 08:06 AM   #1834
Major LCF Poster!

This was posted by Leo41 in another thread. from dr.B Berkleys Refuse to Regain Book.

----------------those of us who will struggle with weight management throughout our lifetime should realize that we're on an 'island,' and those on the mainland (the majority) accept higher weights and are more food indulgent than we can afford to be. We should not envy that culture but embrace our own 'tough' decisions as our own culture, one that promotes our well being.

Interestingly, by being 'tough,' I've found some appreciation for my "island culture."

-------------

this hit a chord with me. I am always wondering 'why I can't eat like a normal person'

well, I need to stop thinking that CAUSE how most people are eating now is not normal. my past eating was not normal. (normal being real fresh food and no packaged/fake/manufactured/chemical junk).

I think that quote above hits home. We are the ones eating correctly on our island and the others on the mainland accept less for their own well being. WE (us on eating plans for health and weight) DO ACCEPT responsibility for our own well being and put ourselves in our own island to achieve that.

just rambling. this just made alot of sense for me. makes it seem easier that I am an island dweller and I opt out of being a mainlander

I do that cause I want to. I want island life and all that goes with it. my own 'island culture' as Leo said.
Old 01-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #1835
Major LCF Poster!

Also used to think of it as Gilligan's Island. one where everyone wanted off. back to the group on the mainland.

now I realize my island is exactly where I want to be and it is home

ah, insightful today, aren't I? LOL
Old 01-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #1836
Major LCF Poster!

Interesting stuff from you today, Trig. I like the island analogy. When I started this woe I used to see folks in restaurants eating the carbs I wanted and feel envious. But these days I'm more likely to notice that several look like candidates for metabolic syndrome, and feel relieved that I'm eating the way I am.

And if you ever saw me on a horse you'd laugh your butt off and would not have to lose it through LC. Used to ride a bit when I was younger, and let's just say I never quite got the hang of it.

Most importantly, YAY on another lb down! You bet it works when we work it, and you've been workin' it. Really like your strategy w/your stats.

Misti---Saw your mention of Judy Baker on another thread and wondered if you have her "Nourished" cook book, and if so would you recommend it? Seems like she spends the first part of the book talking about things I'm pretty familiar with, so it's the recipes I'm interested in. Took one for Peanut Chicken soup off her site this AM that sounded so good. I have Dana Carpenter's door stop of a book and never use it because I find it overwhelming and too many of the recipes have too many hard to get ingredients. Always looking for a LC recipe book that's reasonably easy and good.

So, one of the things my tracker has been telling me is that I'm eating more carbs than I thought I was. What I thought was 25 to 30 ncs a day, is more like 30 to 35 and probably has been for a long time. Which is fine because it's working, I'm satisfied w/my woe and these numbers are still very LC. Also, having cut back my calories between 100 and 200 calories a day, and sometimes even more, I'm not feeling the need to do less carbs right now. But I've got my eye on it and we'll see.

Holding at 185.2 for three days now. Not bouncing up is second best to not dropping, so I'm satisfied w/how things are going now.

Also, my trip to San Diego was moved to early April instead of early March, and while I was looking forward to getting out of the cold here sooner, the good news is I have another month to motor off some more weight. My goal was to be 180 by the time I left, and I'm sticking w/that, will take less of course. But this now feels very realistic for me with very little pain. Enjoying my food, not feeling deprived, and feeling VERY motivated.
Old 01-19-2014, 04:51 PM   #1837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Up a bit today but not unexpected as I ate over 4000 mg sodium yesterday and 2000 calories. I was very hungry earlier today so I ate plenty, but thankfully I'm not hungry now so all I had for supper was a sugar-free chai made with almond milk.

The island theory is interesting. Thankfully (again) I just really don't want the carby stuff anymore (except popcorn and tortilla chips!) Like I tried one of my son's goldfish crackers today out of curiosity and while it tasted ok, it just didn't do anything for me. Sometimes I'll try a French fry, same thing. However I am wanting some LC treats again but I'm trying to hold off.

Blue, the Nourished book seems pretty good, some basic recipes but most more complex. About 15-20% of the book is info, rest is recipes grouped into meals. Thanks for reminding me about it, it has a recipe for dried cranberries. I have cranberries I want to use and the recipe calls for poly d which I got on my last Netrition order - I think that is why I bought it. I saw your post about dried cranberries earlier, but I've never seen the reduced sugar ones in the store here. Plus they seem a bit too high for me anyway. The homemade ones have 3.2 net carbs per 2 tablespoons. I might try making them tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:00 AM   #1838
Major LCF Poster!

Blue I sure remember in the beginning of this lc thing, the envy I felt when others could eat everything and anything. it was hard to get over!!! now it is so much easier.
You'll make that goal, especially with that date changed! Routing for ya!!!

Misti, I hate sodium also. when it gets hold, it gets hold. days for me to get it off.
You will, keep sucking down the water

I am sick. Yup. I got it finally. last night I got wonky, headache, felt out of this world. took drugs, felt better but this morning I woke up with that feeling I want to throw up. getting worse as I type

so hubby and kiddo are over it, now I am going down for a few days probably.

won't be food on the plate today for this gal. no way I can eat. maybe some dinner tonight if I feel better. ugh. I tell ya, I despise winter cause this always happens. kiddo brings home 'something' from school and away it goes thru the house.

gonna piddle around the house. do small things. rest and more rest (maybe search out an old movie) old movie fan here. cary grant, katherine hepburn, betty davis, ginger rogers, paul henning, all those great old time movie stars. love love love those movies

so off to be miserable and get thru the day.

hope you guys are well.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:28 AM   #1839
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no, sorry your'e sick Trigger! Maybe try some chicken broth, just keep pushing fluids.

Down a pound today from my low a couple of days ago. So at a new low of 204.2. So happily yesterday's bloat got dropped and then some. I am in ketosis (checked my blood ketones this morning) and feeling good.

Need to go grocery shopping today. Might go to kiddo's presentation at 2 pm. Other than cleaning bathrooms and doing dishes not sure what else I will do. Need to think of something to treat myself when I hit onderland or my initial goal. Maybe I could look at clothes if I wait until my initial goal. Don't need any right now, but I will need some new tops for spring, and I have gift cards to spend from Christmas and my birthday. Will have to think about that.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:01 PM   #1840
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---you are SO on a roll here. Another new number! And yes, I definitely think you need to plan a treat for yourself for hitting onederland, and you better think pretty fast because the at the rate you're going, it's right around the corner, girl!

Thanks for the words on "Nourished." I think it's not for me, but thanks to you I now have her web site on my desktop and can go get the recipes she shares there that appeal to me. Hubby is making her Peanut Chicken soup for dinner tonight, so yum.

Trigger---sorry you got the crud. Like I said, almost everyone I know here has had it. I second the chicken broth idea Misti mentioned. I put some cream in mine and a bit of garlic, salt and pepper, and it is so good. Crappy way to lose your appetite, but at least it's a small silver lining.

I love the old movies too! And the new movies, I just love movies. Sometimes hubby and I tune into Tuner Classics on cozy winter weekend afternoons. We used to watch them all the time w/my dear dad when we visited him, before he passed on. We'd build a big fire and watch one after another. I love looking at the sets and the fashions. I love Carry Grant, Audrey Hepburn, Ingrid Bergman, Jimmy Stewart, and so many others.

Which brings me to---I miss popcorn too Misti. Lots! In fact, I've narrowed it down to just two or three things I still miss, and popcorn is one of them. Of course bread is another, particularly a nice baguette, and my hubby's macaroni and cheese, which is nothing short of heaven. But I tell myself it's not like I can never eat them again. There is a time for a treat, just not often, and really not often till I get to my goal, or as close as I'm going to get. Maintenance will be a whole new thing, and some experimentation will be in order.

Been wanting to use this little guy for awhile---.
So this AM I was 184.4. And it's not only a new number, it's a special one. First time I weighed myself on this woe I was 124.4, so that makes it officially down 40 pounds for the first time, at least today.

I didn't weigh myself for my first month on LC, so it might even be more, although I was doing that first month pretty loosey goosey. When I started getting on the scale every morning, I knew I was getting much more serious about it.

It's been such an interesting, challenging and yes, fun journey. And I'm not done. But I just wanted to thank you gals for all your support, and for being w/me on this journey. Don't know what I'd do without my daily check in here, for the support, for the laughs, for the wisdom from both of you, not to mention, you guys are a good part of the "fun" in this for me. Cheers dears!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:17 PM   #1841
Major LCF Poster!

HA HA, Blue can make some interesting typos. Like this one: "First time I weighed myself on this woe I was 124.4." Um, that would be 224.4.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #1842
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gals,

Just checking in quickly to say Judy Baker's Peanut Chicken soup is AMAZING, at least to this gal's taste buds. Hubby thinks so too. Hearty and so yummy, and 8 grams of NCs for
a serving. I will so take that! If you guys are interested, I will gladly share the recipe. Wow, this one is good.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:22 PM   #1843
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the rec on the soup, Blue. I found it on her blog (I see it is also in the Nourished cookbook!) WOO HOO to you on another new low! You will also be below 180 well before your trip, I am sure!

Came in right on with my calorie and other eating goals for today. For some reason I don't feel great though myself right now. Hope I'm not catching what you have Trigger! Have to go to work tomorrow, it's the first day of spring semster and we will be busy!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:37 PM   #1844
Major LCF Poster!

Misti, hope you don't get it. it is really lousey effects everything. got the chill shakes earlier. bleck. but I will recover. just need a day or 2 and this too shall pass.

been drinking diet ginger ale. for some reason I can't get enough of it. I am soda bloated now LOL but it will come out eventually.

I did some chicken broth earlier but it didn't set good. I also ate 4 small pieces of skirt steak hubby did on the grill. normally I would dive head first and almost eat the whole thing, but not this time.

WOO HOO Blue. You guys are rocking it big time.

I haven't hit the scale. in a few days when I weigh in it had better be decent drop.

Sick throws me 2 ways. either I lose great, or I retain fluid like crazy. probably all the meds I throw into me.

Blue you are right. experimentation with what we can eat will be intersting at maintenance. your hubbys mac n cheese might be back on the menu sparingly and in small portion. WE JUST don't know really what we can get by with when we maintain just yet so maybe good things are in store for us in small ways.

I am going to ride Sunshine on Sat at 1. She is QH for sale from my neighbor at my other property I own. He will trail with me and I can check her out. YIP--might be spending some money.

checked saddles, bridles. all dry rotted. OMG thought they lasted but they are about 15 years old, sat for the last 6 -7 years doing nothing.....so duh, sure I got to buy all knew. can we say 'STICKER SHOCK' GEEZ, prices are sick.

off to hit the couch and search and old movie

oh blue, when I maintained on low fat/low cal. I ate those 100 cal. bags of popcorn. the natural ones. hit the spot. no idea on carb count but boy it was nice to eat it.
with low carb, don't know if we could add that back ever??? will have to look that up.
Old 01-21-2014, 05:27 AM   #1845
Major LCF Poster!

off to ride a nice QH mare at 11

she is higher priced than the neighbors horse, but if I love her, what the heck is a few hundred more? LOL

let ya know what happens when I get back.

no scale. not yet. bloated a tad. meds/soda. that shall pass.
feel thinner in a way tho. I noticed my tummy receding more since I am back on lc with no treats which is nice.

feel better. got good sleep last night. woke up ok. not 100% but very close. whatever it was is passing faster than I thought so that is always good.

sunny here but COLD. but the sun does wonders for me. SUN and more sun is what I love.

chat later gators
Old 01-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #1846
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun riding today Trigger! I imagine your cold isn't as cold as here, it is -4 F right now! Up about 0.4 today, no reason for it but to be expected with daily weighing. Will check back later.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:57 PM   #1847
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Up a half pound today for no reason too. But I so agree, this is part of daily weighing. For me, not getting on it for over a year cost me a lot in denial. And I think it's good to see our patterns.

On the Peanut Chicken soup---for the toppin' we used unsweetened shredded coconut, and roasted it, so yummy for so few carbs, and it occurs to me a darn good snack on it's own. Hard to find the shredded unsweetened in stores, found it on line for about $6 a 10z bag. Many uses for this if you like coconut, and boy, I do.

Trigger---I think your idea of "COLD" is quite different than ours up here, lol. About a 15 below wind chill factor here today. But at least we didn't get the blizzard the east is getting.

Blue skies loves the idea of a horse called "sunshine." Curious as to how your ride went. Glad to hear you felt so much better today, darn good bounce back. I have to say, I've been healthier eating LC, this last bout of crud being the first time I was sick in a year, and got past it faster than usual also.

Had some left over peanut chicken soup for lunch, and just got back from taking my mom out for dinner. BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Had deviled eggs for an app and a nice steak salad.

Also had some BPC this afternoon, just to feel cozy in this Siberian weather. Haven't been having much of it lately, easy place to cut those 200 calories a day. So today I'll come in a bit over on my calories and fine on my carbs. No problem. I'm not interested in becoming strict on calories, as much as I'm interested in making easy and good decisions when I can, and the scale has rewarded me for that. But carbs are still the biggest thing, and there will be days when the calories go higher, just not as many as there used to be.
Old 01-22-2014, 03:14 AM   #1848
Major LCF Poster!

the horse was slightly lame in the right front. nice horse but no way I can do that. I can't take on a possible lame problem in a new horse. The guy got on and rode like 5 steps and we saw it immediately. she pulled up in the shoulder on the right front. my 2 riding friends I had along saw it also. I got on and felt the pullup immediately. especially at the trot. so that horse was a definite pass. Will ride Sunshine on Sat.
no hurry. the right one will come.

no scale yet for me. I got that fatter feeling right now so not bothering. light, clean, lc today. not in a hungry mood so that is good. I think all that diet ginger ale has to come out

-4....-15 wind chill. AH NO that is not me. in fact yesterday was kinda warmer out in the sun. my NC winter weather is civil and doable mostly thru the whole season with a few really bad days but those really are nothing
You guys got it rough!!

stupid stuff today. hit the bank, other errands, laundry. bleck the usual chores.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:37 PM   #1849
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you have better luck with the next horse Trigger! But it is good you are actively pursuing your passion. Blue, I must make the peanut soup. I don't know if I have yellow curry powder though. I might. I have so many spices, but if I have some it is old. Would have to get some fresh basil too. I have everything else.

Still hanging just above 204. I might be here for a while, who knows?! I made a really good (light and fluffy) almond flour biscuit yesterday, so having one for supper last night and one tonight put me over on calories both days. But carbs and everything else is good, so I won't stress. I agree Blue that carb are more important ultimately. My trackers says I should be under 200 lbs. within 5 weeks if I keep eating the way I've been eating. Can't wait!

School is cancelled for the kiddo tomorrow again, due to cold. Supposed to be -30 windchill here tomorrow. At least my MIL can watch him, as I really need to be at work this week, being the first week of the semester where I work. I can't wait til spring.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 01-22-2014 at 04:38 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 05:53 PM   #1850
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Yep and giddy yep (killin' myself here w/bad puns) the right horse will find you, and it will be a lucky horse to have you. Meanwhile, I love the energy this has brought to you.

Misti---how did your dried cranberry thing work? Hubby does dried cranberries w/a dehydrator (and "sun dried" tomatoes, w/no added sugars.) And they are great. But you have to have the dehydrator, and it takes 24 hours of this thing whirring on our dining room table. And it doesn't make a ton. So I'm curious about an alternative method.

I will say that while the Ocean Spray Reduced sugar cranberries are 21 net carbs for a quarter cup, I only use a third of that on the salad I love them on now and then. So for 7 net carbs this works for me when I have that salad---I simply plan it into my carb allowance. Still, I'm interested in other options.

WHEEEEEEW! I just had the most intense day at work I've have in a long time. Not about me, so not stressed, just can't believe how fast things can change w/colleagues and clients, and my heart hurts for some of them tonight. Honest to God, I'm so happy to be home and cozy, and so aware how capricious life can be.

Making a nice LC dinner right now, and just happy to be where I am in this moment---safe, warm, and employed.
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #1851
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---yeah, that soup is gooooood. Hubby used crunchy peanut butter, instead of the smooth the recipe calls for, and we didn't have the crunched peanuts on hand, but it all worked out. I don't know what he used for the curry, but I do know he is an adept cook when it comes to deciding what part of a recipe is important, and what's not. He was worried initially that it would be a bit too much curry for him, but he went with it, and we loved it. But then, I know you're quite a good cook and will find your way there w/this recipe, if you like it's potential.

Also, on the tracker. SIGH. I wish I could pick up the phone and chat w/you about it. It's a good tracker in many ways, but also I notice that it overestimates some carb counts compared to other sources, particularly when it comes to NCs. I know you don't do NCs but I do. And of course, there's always problems w/trying to estimate your entry portions, particularly if you've eaten out. Still I'm in there every day w/you girl, estimating as best I can as it's a good discipline for me right now.

And, LOL, love that part every day when they tell us what we'll weigh when. Who knows? Personally, I think you'll beat them to the punch, but no worries if you don't. You're so going to get there, not a doubt in my mind.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:18 AM   #1852
Major LCF Poster!

Down to 204 today. No big drops this week but slow and steady is ok. Blue, I do look at net carbs in addition to total carbs, but I do it more mentally, I have the total carb and fiber column next to each other, and I'll subtract the fiber from the carbs to calculate my net carbs. Some people make a custom column for net carbs I think, but I haven't tried that. If I eat something with erythritol I do tend to subtract that from the total carbs, as I don't think it impacts blood sugar, so that is taken out already for me. I also do sometimes check the nutrition facts, and if they are wrong I will correct them. If you correct an item, it will put it into your "My Foods" category so you can use it again more easily.

Haven't tried the dried cranberries yet. Got to busy on Monday. We do have an Excalibur dehydrator and a convection oven. The recipe I have says you can use either. The dehydrator noise is annoying so I might try the oven if I can get the temp low enough. Hopefully the cranberries are still good this weekend for it to work then. If not I have some in the freezer.

Not sure if we will eat out tonight or have chicken wings or LC pizza at home. It is very cold today so I would just as soon go home right after work. Eating out is harder when trying to track unless it is a chain restaurant. Estimating is hard, but we just need to do our best.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:25 PM   #1853
Major LCF Poster!

Don't ask me HOW or WHY, but I had a 4 lb drop on the scale. YIPPEE!!!!

obviously it was from eating very very low to nothing on my sick days, and sticking with lc on the better days (but still eating less)

the scale gave it to me----but I know I have to be careful. I can bounce back up easily if I push it. I know, this happened to me before. the big sick drop and then ya eat again and whammo it is back on.

will not check this as final just yet.

give it another week, and see where I settle.

Eating out is harder. I sure agree there Misti. if a chain at least you can look it up and see where it falls, but other than that it is a crap shoot, even if you ask how it is prepared, who knows what they really are giving ya

Get this....I love seafood salad. that cheap imitation stuff on buffet bars. Everyone else hates it, I love it for some reason. being lc I figured no problem. eat a ton of it.
well, finally, the other day I looked it up. 9 net carbs for 1/2 cup. WHAT THE??? and the ingredients were listed and one was milk and wheat. What the? com'on, wheat?
So I steer clear of it now. who knew it could be so bad?? I sure didn't.
I would eat 2 cups easily with a piece of baked chicken or something like that. whole time thinking I am very low in carbs. was I surprised

Good day. hard work. hubby and I cleaned the horse barn from the old goat stuff. took massive dump trailer of junk to the convenience center. I want the new horse at the older barn I have (the new barn I want to turn into a workshop, atv storage) so hubby said he would help me re-arrange the stalls to make it very easy accessible. YES! hubby on board to make it all good need him for the super duper heavy work.

guys I gotta say I am flubbing the tracker already. I knew they were hard for me to commit to. I am good for a bit then the 'logging' of food gets on my nerves.

well off to relax. just a salad today wtih some tuna and a piece of baked chicken so far. OH, 3 sugar free russell stover candies. (who knows what they might do to me) my tummy isn't a fan. but if I stay at 3 total I seem to do well. with 4 it can be frightening so far, so good.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:35 PM   #1854
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---I need to explore the options on the tracker more, thanks for pointing some of them out to me. Today I changed one thing that will make this all easier, from "recent" to "frequent" on the default list of stuff the comes up when you're ready to make an entry.

Trigger--- 4 pounds down! Yeah, it might not stick, but bet you can make at least half of it stick by sticking hard to LC!

And yeah, it's amazing what they can put into the foods at those buffets. To be honest w/you, buffets scare me these days as they tick off my impulse to eat too much. All that food offered for one meal!

The tracker may not be the ticket for you. It's something that either helps or doesn't, and that's very individual to each of us. Just like weighing every day. I can really understand both sides on both, been on both sides.

Love it when the hubbies do something to lasso our hearts again.

Cozy at home in the cold today. Love these days when I don't have to spruce myself up to go out and greet the world. Comfy in my wooly socks, jeans, no make up, no fuss, no muss. Good balance after the jam backed intense day I had yesterday.

Had a steak salad for lunch, and making some Trader Joe's firecracker shrimp for dinner. One good thing about the tracker we use, the counts on MANY commercial foods, grocery or restaurant, are available there at a click.
Old 01-24-2014, 02:16 PM   #1855
Major LCF Poster!

BBrrrr. everyone is cold I bet we are getting into the teens by 6-7pm tonight. believe me that is horrible for my area lol

no scale today. just waiting it out a bit.

ate light. 4 slices bacon this morning. around 3 I had small bit of low carb chicken parm. love melted mozz. cheese! not hungry at all now. probably won't eat more. maybe a diet swiss miss cocoa tonight to warm me up.

worked on barn with hubby. have to get some wood for one of the stalls tomorrow.

good but tiring day.

hope you guys are doing well! I feel thinner, so maybe I can hold that loss. we shall see.
Old 01-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #1856
Major LCF Poster!

Tigger---actually, it was in the high 20s here today, a heat wave! It's snowing now, beautiful. Love it when it's not too cold and it snows fluffy and pretty. Our house is bungalow style, lots of windows everywhere, including a big one I look out over my computer. So good to be warm and cozy and watch it fall. Peaceful. Love peaceful.

Trig, you are doing so well. I hear in your posts now more ease and satisfaction w/what you're eating. I think the combination of eating cleaner---reduced appetite---and the excitement and passion for the "new baby/horse" coming soon, you've turned a different kind of corner. As I've said before, food is an easy place to focus when we're bored or without a dream. We need our dreams and our passions, or we'll try to eat them.

As I said, work was intense this week, so I'm happy to watch the snow fall tonight, and find some quiet. Hubby and I have a new series on disk, so many good ones out there these days, and so we'll retire to that.

Had a Greek salad for lunch at work, and thinking I'll make myself a sandwich tonight w/TJ's low carb bread, London broil slices, some boursin cheese and roasted tomatoes.

And on that note---I'm going to try some Great Low Carb Bread Company products, there's a current thread in the main lobby about this. Seems it's fairly new, but I did as much research as I could and the reviews are darn good, including on Amazon, Netrition and on the thread. Hope it's not another Julian bakery with fake claims.

I really like my Trader Joe's 4 NCs a slice bread, but what interests me is that this company offers bagels and onion rolls, and other interesting bread forms. And, their bread is just 1 NC, their bagels and onion pockets just 2 NCs. They're expensive, but will be worth it to me if all pans out.

Happy weekend, gals.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #1857
Major LCF Poster!

yea I heard about that 'fake claims' from Julian. I really wonder 'about great tasting' almost 0 carb products like that. let us know!

Your home sounds so cozy and nice. Post a pic of it if you ever get a chance. wuold love to see it I have the fireplace going. love the warmth from it and it makes it seem very old fashioned to me.

YOU ARE SO right about displaced feelings. when ya want somethig, know you should do it, keep putting it off even thru so many years and one day you decide the time is right and it all falls into place. I feel relief after all these years I made a great decision that somehow put me on the right track. eat our boredom. YOU are so right!

I love london broil. I can eat 1/2 of one in no time flat. on the grill is my fav. YUM. We have them buy one get one on sale here alot. I have a few in the freezer. When I see that sale I jump

Waiting for Misti to check in and the 3 of us has reported then.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:29 PM   #1858
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday! Busy day at work today. Glad the weekend is here. Up a bit from yesterday, but I'm still down 1.2 lbs. from last Friday. Pretty good considering I have been over on calories almost every day this week! Carbs have been good though.

Woo hoo on the 4 lb. drop Trigger! I hope it sticks. Glad you are feeling slimmer. I get that feeling sometimes too (not today though!). I did have a student come in to my office today who hasn't been there in at least 9 months, maybe more, and he said I looked "different". I said, yes, I lost weight. So that was nice.

Let us know how the bread is Blue. I might try some for DS if it is good. We're trying to get him as low carb as possible at home, though he won't give up school lunches right now.

Speaking of new products, I got some Lily's chocolate today. Netrition is now carrying their baking chips but not the bars. I got both. I know you've tried ChocoPerfection before, Trigger, and didn't really like it, IIRC. Well, the Lily's to me tastes like regular chocolate, better than ChocoPerfection. Not waxy or weird tasting at all. Now, I haven't had real chocolate in over a year so my taste buds may be misremembering, but I think I am going to buy Lily's from now on, except for the mint. They don't have a mint flavor and I do like the ChocoPerfection dark mint. It is expensive like the ChocoPerfection, but good chocolate can be. I don't mind for a once in a while treat.

BLue, heat wave is right! I think we were right around 32 degrees today! That actually felt warm.

Got a call from the digestive clinic today and my colonoscopy on March 31 has been cancelled because the doc isn't available. Hope I don't have to wait another 5 months to get an open spot. But if I do it will be easier to take time off in the summer, I guess.

Well, those are my ramblings for today. Have a great weekend gals!
Old 01-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #1859
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---I'm so w/you on a good fire in the fireplace. For me, that is one of the joys of a northern winter. It just smells so good and feels so good.

And I think you hit the nose so on the head when you use this term: "displaced feelings." I REALLY like that term. I think much of our desire to eat is from "displaced feelings." Whether it's boredom, dissatisfaction w/life, being blue, or whatever, food is one of only a few things that offer immediate relief---and big consequences.

Just checked in quickly to say so as I make my great dinner sandy. Hubby is on the computer too. We are eating late, just letting Friday night be what we both feel like.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:09 PM   #1860
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---we were posting at the same time. When mine came up, I saw yours. Down 1.2 from a week ago is great!

The balance between reducing calories a bit, staying low carb and satisfied, is a juggle isn't it? You eat more oils and fats, your calories go up. I too have been a bit over my goal calories on my latest tracker reports. But like I said, I'm not worried about it. Just happy to be more aware again of what I'm eating, and making decisions accordingly.

I figure if we keep aware of what we're eating and the effects, we're in the driver's seat. I am always reluctant to do anything I can't maintain. Been there, done that, and it doesn't work for me. I've got time to do this in a way I can live with, even if I wish for a drop every day.
Closed Thread