Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 06:05 PM   #1801
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Woo hoo, you guys are on a roll! Congrats on the two pound drop Trigger, that's awesome! And a new low Blue! Wonderful!

I am a bit down this moring, but still right around 210 or so (scale was very wonky today so it was essentially pick-a-number day). I think I will give myself until next weekend to see if the scale keeps moving before I make any changes. Today was the first day I had over 21 net carbs this week, it was around 34 or so I think, but like you Blue I really have no idea because we had a potluck at work for lunch today. My splurge there was 2 bacon wrapped dates. I'm not sure if they were whole dates or half dates though (they seemed small) so the carb count for today is very dependent on that (I did put two in the tracker) plus the homemade chicken tortilla soup I had. It was a thin tomato broth with just chicken and spices, no corn or grain or any thickeners. The person who made it said there was no sugar in there. So I think it was ok. Still stayed within my calorie count for today also, I think.

No major plans for the weekend, though I just got my huge Netriton order today so I could try a new LC recipe with a couple things I bought. Might tray a Big Train Mocha mix that I got tomorrow for a treat.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2014, 07:39 PM   #1802
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
CONGRATS BLUE! you are rocking it

You are in the zone and when ya that sweet spot, are satisfied, fitting in the foods you want when ya kinda want them, THEN you have surely found it. that balance. GOOD for you.

WOOHOO Misti you keep rocking it also girl! You are finding your way also. in that zone.

Let us know what ya got in that order and how each product is. the mocha mix souns good.

Yea we all have found a new vigor for this lc thing

One thing I have to watch is cheese. Love it to the max. When I eat very clean I have a tendenancy to upt on TONS of cheese on things. makes them more lovable to me.
So going to be careful and get out my food scale. Yup. Gonna measure my cheese again. 1 ounce on meals and limit to 3 oz. per day. That way I can control it.

off to relax. long tiring day but thank goodness tomorrow is Sat. morning
Old 01-11-2014, 04:54 PM   #1803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Misti---I think giving it another week before making changes, w/the help of the tracker, makes a lot of sense. You had a nice drop already, and bet you will again, sooner than later.

Trigger---I love cheese too, but use it mostly on salads, so not usually too much there. Do like to put two nice sized slices of cheese on my burgers though. I try to keep the cheese to either lunch or dinner, not both. But yeah, cheese does make things more "lovable," LOL, love the way you put that. I feel the same about tomatoes and onions---they too make things more lovable for me.

And here's a tip on tomatoes gals. Winter Tomatoes aren't so tempting. BUT, when you roast them, it brings out the sweet and juicy. Rub 'em up w/some olive oil, salt and pepper, then roast in the toaster oven for about 15 minutes or so at about 350. You want them still whole, but soft. Let cool a bit, and add to salads or sandwiches. You won't believe how good!

Well, this is the Blue face for today:

Went to look for some new jeans/pants. The ones I bought last fall are baggier than I like now. So, an afternoon in dressing room hell. I'm still between a 16 and a 14. Been that way for months. Waste too small in a 14, hello mushroom top, everything else too loose in a 16. Tried on many, bought nothing, headed home frustrated to begin with.

Got a flat tire on a busy street, w/no choice but to drive on it till I got to a convenience stop, to pump it up till I could get to our station/mechanic. Only about a mile or so, but tore the tire up, needed a new one.

So I'm out 200 clams, no new jeans/pants, and feeling haunted by all the bad views of myself in the dressing room today,

Remedy: making the hubby and I a really terrific salad. We will eat it watching the 3rd season of the Borgias, a kind of dark and bloody crew, perfect for my mood tonight.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #1804
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for that tip on maters. they sound delish!! honestly winter maters are yucky. mine off the vine in summer are to die for

Blue you had a rough day gal. just forget about it now of course the wallet hit with the tire is an ouch too

I am right there with ya on the sizes. my 16s are baggy, my 14s fit but are tight enough where I can't stand wearing them. I MUST get some lbs. off to get into the 14s and just stay there and be happy for a bit. if I can do that I figure I am doing well.

clothes are a nightmare when dropping lbs. one of the annoyances for sure!

I ate popcorn last night. not a ton but man oh man it was good. bit of bloat again.

I swear I am putting on and taking off the same bloat constantly. I gotta get that killer instinct back. I have my lc doing well but than cave on 'just a little' and that isn't working for me.

I also hate this weather. 2 days of super hard rain, pastures flooded, yard flooded, just miserable and I hate it big time. makes me nutty. I like SUN SUN and more SUN.

not hungry today. it is 11 and no desire to eat. I am going to 'kinda' IF it as long as I can pushing water. maybe today will give me good results. I do love the no hungry days.

off to get things done. we are doing it gals. might be a bit wonky getting into gear in the new year but I know we will all succeed!
Old 01-12-2014, 12:33 PM   #1805
Major LCF Poster!

Sunday already?! The weekends sure do fly. Nicely, I have a work day at home tomorrow, which is true most Mondays. LOVE it when I can hang out in my old jeans, no make up or hair worries, and still get my business work done, as well as other things around the house.

Trigger---I ALMOST dove into a bowl of popcorn last night too. Hubby made some and there was that smell wafting through the house. I deeply, madly and truly love popcorn. And it's not the worst in carbs, about 6 a cup, but of course, I don't want just a cup. No, I want a big old bowl full. So these days I only have it when I go to the movies, allow myself 2 cups, a kernel at a time, LOL. But doesn't sound like you had that much, and on the bright side, all that butter was probably good for you.

Sometimes I do a mini fast too---don't eat from BPC to dinner. Not all that often though, as I'm afraid to come to dinner too hungry. But there are days it just works.

Bounced up to 187 this am, so everything is back to normal, LOL. Not concerned as it seems 187 is my new high number instead of the old low number. So that's progress. I'll probably bounce between 185 and 187 for at least the next week or two, and then meet my new bounce territory. Pretty clear to me this is my pattern and not going to change.

I've been really into yummy salads lately. Just made my latest fave for lunch---romaine, red leaf, chicken, roasted almonds, blue cheese and reduced sugar dried cranberries, which I am very moderate with. I love this w/ Balsamic vinegarette.

Balsamic is a bit carb heavy compared to other vinegars, and can add up fast. So another tip Blue has had to remind herself of: TOSS THE SALAD really well w/a minimum amount to begin w/then taste, add a small bit more if necessary.

I get in a hurry and just pour the dressing over the salad and try to mix up w/my fork. Doesn't work well, some bites get too much dressing, others not enough, so you pour more on and end up w/a soppy mess at the bottom of your bowl.

So simple, Duh, I know, but forget. Did this today and used half the dressing I usually end up using, and it tasted perfect. Cheeseburgers for dinner.

Balmy 42 hear today. Lovely winter day. Sorry about the rain and flooding trigger, that sounds very gloomy and aggravating.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:54 PM   #1806
Major LCF Poster!

still waiting for Misti to check in

I also hate sloppy mess salads. lol I hear ya. your salads sound delish tho.

I didn't eat all day until 5. ate 2 pork chops and nothing else. still doing well, not hungry at all. I think I will finish the day just on water.

I will take advantage of it as long as I am not hungry.

Kiddo had her friend sleep over last night. they made the popcorn and you are SO RIGHT, the smell did me in! I had to munch on some.

Her mom came and got her around 2 and we chatted. She brought over some Mike's Hard Black Cherry drinks. YUM big time. I passed. She had 2. (this is the lady I was starting to party drink with and had to shut it down LOL). I told her I have to pass on the booze for a bit. Spring will come quick and size 12 is calling my name and I have to be more responsible in getting there. she understood.

ah the things we do to see the scale drop. bleck HA
Old 01-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #1807
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here. Did pretty well this weekend. Had a few bites of popcorn at the movies myself yesterday, but I think no more than 1/4 cup. Entered it into my tracker. I've been "on track" for the whole weekend and the appetite supression is pretty good right now. Battling a bit of head hunger as I usually do on the weekends though. Down to 209.8 this morning so still heading in the right direction. I even have breakfast and lunch entered into my tracker for the next 3 days, and dinner for tomorrow. Lots of leftovers this week, so I'll know what I'll be having. Made crack slaw tonight, my husband really likes it.

Sorry about your tire, Blue, and that you didn't find any pants. I am still in between 20 and 18 myself. I can fit into the 18's but the huge saddlebag on my left thigh (which I obtained after my son was born) is very prominent in th 18's. The 20's are loose, but I have been wearing long underwear this week so it's ok. Hopefully another few weeks and they will be falling off so I have no choice.

Yea for passing on the drinks, Trigger! I think it will pay off for you. Regarding my Netrition order, I got mostly ingredients, some coconut butter and cocoa butter to make these new "white chocolate" pecan fat bombs. They don't really taste like white chocolate but they do taste good. Also almond flour, poly d (I've seen it used in a couple recipes, but can't remember which ones now!), powdered erythritol, EZ-Sweetz, berry flavored stevia drops, Ice Chips xylitol candy (they are good, but I generally leave them to DH and DS), Syntrax Nectar variety pack to try a few new flavors of protein powder. The "fun foods" I got (besides the mocha mix, which was very good), I got the Go-Lo Foods dark chocolate hazelnut spread, some Kale Krunch (very expensive but I haven't had luck making my own kale chips yet), and ChocoPerfection dark chocolate mint bars. Not sure when I'll be able to fit these into my eating plan, but maybe someday!!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:04 PM   #1808
Major LCF Poster!

Hey gals,

Hubby is taking mom home after our Sunday dinner, and before we watch Downton Abby, so I thought I'd check in a gain and see what was happening here. Glad I did.

Trigger---You are doing SO SWELL. Turning down the Mike's hard stuff was such a good idea. I looked it up, and it's 32 grams of carbs a bottle, ALL SUGARS. Two of those babies are 64 grams of sugar! I'm telling you girl, some popped kernels of corn aside, you are going so strong. And with every day since the holidays, I hear your hunger decreasing, and your cravings too. Sometimes we don't see what those on the outside see, and what I see is that you are evolving back into low carb, in a way that suits you, instead of trying to juggle it with SAD, which is an endless battle w/the bloat.

Misti---LOL, seems we all had popcorn on our mind this weekend. Like you, I only eat it at movies these days, and then like I said, a kernel at a time. 209 is excellent and you ARE headed in the right direction. I think we all need to give it a month from the holidays w/our new energy and commitment to see where we're really going. What is crack slaw?

As for me, went over my calorie goal by a hundred calories today, for the first time since I started. But my carbs were only at 26, so it was all pretty LC. Not worried about it. The tracker is working very well for me, in that I can observe what I'm eating, and tonight I decided I needed a bit more and went over in calories a bit. Hungrier today, who knows why? And I can always differentiate between real and mind hunger. No big deal, and I'm sure it won't be the last time.

I'm in the range I need to be to keep on losing, just may speed it up or slow it down a bit day by day.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:05 PM   #1809
Major LCF Poster!

"since I started tracking," that is.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #1810
Major LCF Poster!

and "CAN'T always differentiate between mind and real hunger." I think I'm tired and my fingers can't keep up w/my thoughts accurately.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:28 PM   #1811
Major LCF Poster!

WOW Misti that is some order you got there. poly d? never heard of it and will look it up out of curiosity. I can't seem to get into the protein powder drinks. got some at walmart that was low carb but it always comes out 'chunky'. can't get into it. I think my mind wants food to touch, not drink LOL

Blue---HOLY. 32 carbs each. I had no idea. I was going to hit the net and see cause I checked the bottles and no info, and there isn't any on the six pack holder either. Since ya did it for me---I tell ya now they are history. NO WAY I can allow those into my life. that is thru the roof off my chart! I know I have to get back into the game.

I see January almost starting to fly by now. I need lbs. off. Without me doing what is right I am going to get no where.

I am so glad we all check in and chat. It means alot
Old 01-13-2014, 09:26 AM   #1812
Major LCF Poster!

HI GUYS

woke up not hungry again today. hmm. I am running with eating very little as long as I can. I have to say the flushing it gives the body is a good one. I like the less food feeling 'most' times

but around 12 lunch I got 'I want just a little' so I had a few small slices of beef brisket.
very happy now and full. pushing water today again.

I got ammo for later if needed. making spahetti/meatballs for family which isn't a fav of mine at all....so I got some broth and tuna if required.

I really am enjoying eating less so far. It just feels right vs. eating heavy right now. I guess the body does all kinds of weird things. So just going what feels right and rolling along. A little of IF is a good thing for me.

I also got bacon and eggs on breakfast list first thing if hungry when I wake up.

I seem to got myself covered right now

hope all is going well with you guys!!!
Old 01-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #1813
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trigger---I've been hungry the last 2 days too. I find these times just come around every once in a while for me. Sounds like you've been doing a bit of IF which accounts for your hunger, particularly if you're used to eating more. It also sounds like you're PLANNING really well for it, and that's a lot of what makes things work, imo. A bit of beef brisket is a great way to stave off the hunger and pushing the water is really good too.

Lunch and dinner out today. Had a nice omelette and a little side salad for lunch. Going to a pal's for dinner. She knows my woe and is a great cook---in fact she tells me she loves the challenge of cooking a good LC dinner. Lucky me.

A bit on the droopy side today. Just want to throw my head into a bowl or plate of something and eat a lot of it. Not carb cravings, just food and more of it craving. Like I said, this hits me now and then, hope it's gone tomorrow. Don't like it.
Old 01-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #1814
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are doing well, Trigger. You sound very committed right now! Glad the spaghetti and meatballs won't derail you. Though the meatballs would be pretty easy to make low carb. I have found subbing 1 tbsp. coconut flour and 1 tbsp. ground golden flaxseed per pound ground meat does a great job of giving it a nice soft texture like bread or breadcrumbs would. Though I haven't made actual meatballs since I started LC, I have made a few other ground meat recipes.

I have been hungry today myself. Around 3 pm really wanted something to eat, but since I had planned my day already I knew I didn't want to eat anything unless necessary. So I didn't and the hunger subsided. Glad to have supper tonight, a bacon cheddar brat and pan-roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon and chesse. I make them with oil and butter too, so they are a very high fat veggie. Pretty perfect day today eating-wise, as long as I don't have anything else!

Our cat got home from being neutered today (male) and he's not feeling well, so I gotta go do dishes so DH can keep an eye on him. Have a great night.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:15 PM   #1815
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---good job on passing the 3pm temptation. That's where the tracker really helps, imo, you just want to please the thing, lol.

So, I'm home from my pal's. Great meal. A cod fillet in a spicy crushed tomato sauce, cauliflower mashed potatoes and a nice green salad. Not hungry now, and came in at my daily carb and calorie goals.

I was thinking on the way home about the hunger thing and how w/me when it strikes it's rarely a carb craving anymore, but more just the desire to eat a lot at a sit down, like I used to. I never was and am still not a snacker. The snack category goes empty on my tracker almost always.

And it's not that I'm denying myself snacks, I just don't want or think about them. For me my problem has always been portion control once I do sit down to eat. When I started LC, I didn't worry about portions or calories, just how many carbs I was eating. Then a couple months in, I started to consider the calories, and even tracked them for awhile, but with a more generous allowance, which still worked as I was heavier then.

But now I know I can't lose more unless I eat a bit less, even if it's all low carb. Most days I'm fine, even great w/this. But I'm realizing that when I have these bouts like the last few days, it's about something that just cutting carbs doesn't answer to. Which is that my "mind hunger" on days like these has to do with volume. I want to eat A LOT when I sit down to eat. Even if being that full is something I have come to dislike, I'm not thinking that when the urge is upon me. So when I don't give into it, I feel deprived and crabby, like I did today.

Thankfully, this doesn't haunt me often, but it does come around. But I feel like tonight I've come to a better understanding of the force behind it when it does come around. And that's good ammunition to fight it, and hopefully less and less with a feeling of deprivation. Because when all is said and done, no way do I want to go back to overeating, not even low carb.

Thanks for listening gals. It's just so great to be able to come here and write it out and put what's running through my mind in black and white.
Old 01-14-2014, 05:26 AM   #1816
Major LCF Poster!

go make yourself some meatballs Misti. Mine were good. I did a bit of italian seasoning and meat. nothing else. no one missed the extras I used to put in it, but they are more dense. but good

Poor kitty. I bet that boy isn't feeling well

Great post Blue. It is absolutely imperative that we chat about how we feel. it gets it out in the open. you can say it to someone and it means more and pulls more weight to discuss it.

I am an overeater also. When I eat I want ALOT. not normal portions by any means.

And I find that as I need to cut back I am ticked off also. Just peeved at life in general that I can't have it all and my cake also

I think having to 'limit myself constantly' is getting on my nerves. But of course if no limits we get fat as I did. So we gotta find that balance.

I need to find some really good 'go to meals' that are very low in calories and carbs and I can eat a ton if needed. my broccoli/cauli alfredo cheese mixture I love and while it is a tad carb heavy if I eat alot, it never hurts me on the scale. so that is key for me.

I lost it a bit last night. I ate the last of the all natural vanilla ice cream I got for kiddo and her friend. I have not bought ice cream in a VERY long time. Don't want it in the house. make hubby and kiddo go out to the ice cream shoppe and buy one when wanted. That way temptation is not here. which helps.

I got a problem on my mind that is driving me bonkers to the max.

I want a new horse. I am a horse person. Mom said my first word was 'horse' and my frist sentence in life was 'buy me a horse!' HA HA

I got my horse at 20 and boarded and then it was land and horses, raising horses, riding horses, jumping horses, all my fun was centered around horses, all my friends now are horse people who have horses

Then kiddo at age 43. Peppers passed from colic about 5 years ago when kiddo was about 4-5. So I been without one for that time and now I want one. I want to ride again. It keeps me outside having a blast.

BUT here is the problem. I am busy. We travel a decent bit in summer and any vacations kiddo has off from school. I work from home about 30 hrs per week and it keeps me hopping. at 52 the housework never seems to get finished and loads me down.
WELL you guys know, life gets in the way of free time !!

Should I or shouldn't I? Can I find time to ride? I rode one for sale the other day from a friends farm and she is a nice horse. cheap also. age 12 so if she goes til about 22-23 she should be old when my retirement kicks, kiddo goes off to college and then I can hit the road in the motorhome and travel.

So I feel like I have about 10 years give or take to enjoy horses then I will probably never ever own another. I feel like time is running out. It is driving me crazy on which way to turn. Do I get an animal with another big responsibility and hope I find time to ride or do I just do other things and pass it by?

So thinking all this and I jumped on that ice cream last night and thank goodness it was only a bit left or I would have eaten alot more. but then I hit a little debbie snack cake cause I was in 'who cares' mode.

It is all so stupid that I can't decide but it feels just so annoying to be up in the air when I feel like I really want something but can I enjoy it? I have 4 horse barns sitting empty. seems so lonely to me. 2 at the big farm and 2 small barns at my house. I go to feed the goats and think--this barn needs a horse

just spouting off and anyone who says go get that horse, yea, I will LOL

AND I AM NOT going near a scale today and that's that!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-14-2014 at 05:32 AM..
Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 AM   #1817
Major LCF Poster!

Down a bit again on the scales today! Saw a flash of my low weight 207.8, but is settled in at 208.6. I'll take it. I'm moving in the right direction. Would love to be at my low weight or lower by the weekend.

You are right, Blue, the tracker keeps me motivated. I'm going to make jalapeno poppers for supper but am a little nervous already that I haven't entered it into my tracker yet, as I'm going to wing the recipe then enter when I'm done. At worst, I'll be over calories for the day and I haven't had a high calorie day in a while so it will be ok. I get what you mean about wanting to eat a lot. The mind hunger thing affects me too. But if I let the mind hunger thing get the best of me, I won't continue to lose, so I ignore it as much as possible.

Trigger, it sounds like you need a horse! Certainly you would need to make the time to ride if you got one. Can you teach your daughter if she doesn't already know? Do you ride English or Western? Maybe if you get yourself a horse this could be a solid commitment to eating right, as I am sure the horse would appreciate carrying a lighter load! I tried riding a few times, but was never a horse person, unfortunately. I am a cow and cat person, not a horse and dog person, LOL. Trigger, you've been giving some great advice in the main forums lately, but it does seem that you are struggling a bit day-to-day with sticking with low carb. I think if you can "white knuckle" it as said to someone in another thread today for a week or two and avoid as many carbs and all added sugar it might help. Because eating bits of sugar here and there it just increases the desire for it. It's a drug, and one our mind and body craves. And one that's not good for us.

If you are looking for something good for a meal that's low cal and fairly low carb I definitely recommend Crack Slaw. There are a ton of recipes out there, I've been making one that is kind of Asian flavor and sweet and a bit of heat. Basically it is cole slaw mix (or shredded cabbage), hamburger (or other meat) and spices/seasonings. 1/4 of the recipe I made the other day is 345 calories and 7 net carbs. Had it for lunch the past two days as well. Yummy!
Old 01-14-2014, 04:56 PM   #1818
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---"Go get that horse!"

Seriously, horses are your passion, and a passion is a big part of what makes life worth living. Seems traveling is the issue and it's a big one. I guess it depends on whether you can hire someone to care for your horse when you're gone, and not just care for it, but keep it company. Another option is to buy and board your horse---won't fill up your empty horse barns---but might give you freedom and your horse care and company. I have a pal who does this for this very reason. But of course, it sure does add to the cost. I can see why it's a big decision, and a tough one.

And hon, I do agree w/what Misti said. You're struggling a bit with those sugars/carbs and the more you have them, the more you want them. It does maybe make this woe harder and less satisfying for you, because you find yourself being behind the 8 ball to always lose the latest carb treat bloat, instead of the motivation and satisfaction of dropping beyond the bloat.

Still, nothing wrong with maintaining, which you are doing, and that's no small feat either. That's a decision only you can make.

Misti---Yay on the drop! Yeah, that tracker is, shall we say, influential. I see you as in one of your motoring down periods. Seems we all lose, then pause to catch a breath in our own way. Lose, maintain, lose, maintain. I think this is a reasonable way to lose a lot of weight.

Thanks for the info on crack slaw thing, and I like the idea of a sweet and hot
Asian version. Going to research this one. Sounds easy with a lot of possibilities.

What a difference a day makes! The urge to eat like a horse (nothing against horses, Trigger has passed. It always does. Thankfully it doesn't happen often but when it does I'd like to be more successful at doing as Misti does and ignoring it, but boy, when it hits, and I never know when or why, it challenges me. I'm hoping that realizing it's about old eating habits involving volume, vs. a struggle against carbs per say, is helpful to me the next time it hits.

Very good day today in all ways. I got a TON done at home for work, plus ran a bunch of errands I needed to. I think I'm FINALLY starting to get my energy back from the crud I caught.

Tonight it's BBQ w/Guy's SF sauce, AND I made cauliflower "mashed potatoes" for the first time. Used my pal's recipe, which I so enjoyed last night. When I first had them elsewhere I didn't think I liked them, cauliflower flavor was too bossy. But hers were great. Add in cream cheese, sour cream, a splash of chicken broth, parmesan cheese and garlic and voila---DELISH.

Thankful for a good day. Good days are so nice!
Old 01-15-2014, 03:23 AM   #1819
Major LCF Poster!

I am going to 'slowly' look for the perfect right horse I want

I agree that if it is a passion I want at least one more time in my life, I best go for it.
Not gonna rush it cause I want one kiddo can handle.

WHY OH WHY DO I OVER ANALYZE everything I do? LOL that is me. I am that type.
I over-think every single thing I do and believe me it gets hard and trying and tiring. I need to stop that. Let things roll easier thru life. I can make a small kinda simple thing into a huge production.

Misti you are so right. I am doing lc but I am caving in little bits and it means I get no where. I am tired of no where and it is truly almost like a drug. one that calls loud and I will do the white knuckle to get back on track. yesterday was a good day. lc all the way baby with less than 10 nc. CONGRATS on that flash of a new low. You are rocking this and being steady and stable. that is wonderful!

A cow person? Now that is funny. I just never saw someone say they prefer a cow HA

Blue glad your urge to eat like a horse is gone! I actually am not that hungry the last few days but sneaking bits here and there. time for that to stop.

It seems strange but I kinda can only handle one big mental thing at a time. Like the horse decision weighed so much on my mind, I kinda put the eating on the back burner. Why I do this I don't know? But lc is for me. at least I am not going off lc at all, just not losing. just rotating the same few lbs.

I know I have to get down the scale but the decision to get a horse was a big one for me. So I wrestled with that and didn't give much care or work to the losing even tho in my mind it is a big priority.

I got tons of friends who can watch the horse when gone. MIL comes to feed the fish and goats etc, but the horse I got my best friend who would handle it. MIL is older now and don't want to ask her to do that but I checked with Barb and she said no problem

Mashed cauli. boy I can't get into that. every single spoonful I expect potatoe taste and don't get it. I just can't eat that anymore even when I doctored it up, but yours do sound tasty.

old days I could easily say 'forget this' and backtrack bad, but with you guys in my face telling me to get a handle now is a good thing. I feel like I can't disappoint you guys and cave LOL

I am the type that goes to bed and thinks about everything, over and over and over. how to do this, best way to get that done, juggle this and that to make the most of the day, blah, blah. it is exhausting. I gotta work on that cause it makes life more hard than it should be. I see it, I just can't seem to stop it!

lc all the way baby. I am making a decision to move the scale DOWN and make it stick.

we are ok guys!!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-15-2014 at 03:24 AM..
Old 01-15-2014, 10:17 AM   #1820
Major LCF Poster!

Hit a new low today, finally! Only 0.2 lbs. down from my previous low, but last saw that on December 20, so it was a long time in coming. Only 3.5 weeks I guess, but it felt longer. Hopefully I will keep on going. I guess I have found my sweet spot, so I should stick to it.

Having Which Wich for lunch. They do a lettuce wrap like Jimmy John's but they don't know how to wrap it as well. So it is more like sandwich fillings on a lettuce leaf. But they do have more variety than JJ's. I got chicken salad today.

I get you on the one big mental thing at a time, Trigger. I made a conscious decision when I started eating LC that this would be my "one big thing" going forward. By the time the next thing comes around, I think I will have this down and it won't need so much attention. But I had a different online hobby/interest before I started LCing and I haven't gotten back to it yet, but that's ok.

As for being cow person - I majored in Animal Science and used to do research on cows. So I have been up close and personal with quite a few cows back in the day. It's been over 18 years now, though! Wow, time flies.

Glad things are going well for you, Blue. Like Trigger I tried mashed cauli a couple times and it just didn't do it for me. I prefer oven roasted cauliflower instead, easier and tasty. But if the recipe you have is fab, I wouldn't mind trying one more time. It has been so long I really don't remember what recipes I tried before.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:14 PM   #1821
Major LCF Poster!

Misti, you'd like my friend Barb. She owns a dairy farm. You want cows, she got about 300 of them. when I milked with her a few times it blew my mind when up and personal with a cow. they are huge! She is about 3 miles from me. When the wind blows the right way ya can smell if they are shooting poop thru the pipes into the fields. One thing that never bothered me was farm smells. Except chickens. Man those reek! There are chicken houses about a quarter of a mile down the other way and every 12 weeks when they clean out/move the chickens the smell is sickening. only about 1/2 day of that, but whew, it is enough We had over 400 layers and I never worked much with them. made hubby do it! I avoid foul (fowl--ha)

yea, I am in the sticks kinda.

It is good to hear you are a critter person Misti. Animal Science must have been interesting for sure. I am an animal person big time. just drawn to that. I like animals more than people some days

went out to eat with Barb today. I stuck to total lc. She had creamy cheesy broccoli soup and I almost said, why not, it is delish. but then I said no. lc only. I feel good about that decision.

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-15-2014 at 12:15 PM..
Old 01-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #1822
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals!

Well, on the Cauli mashed, I understand. Mine last night weren't as good as my pal made them, but maybe that's because she made them. You know how it is, the simplest salad w/dressing at a restaurant seems to taste better than the same at home.

And, I so get what Trig says when she expects potatoes and gets a snoot full of cauliflower. Some things can't be subbed? Still, I'm going to fool a bit w/the cauli mashed recipe, to my taste. It IS a good side dish to things like ribs. We'll see, in the end, if I want to make it on a regular basis. That's the journey, that's the challenge. I really do think I'd be a lot more bored if I didn't try these things. In fact, I know I'd be a lot more bored---memories of my first time on LC when I didn't life a finger to experiment, and fell off that wagon for lack of imagination and effort.

Trigger---your spirit is always something that speaks to me. And again, yes, I'm thinking you should get that horse! I know what you mean about checking in here--- as you guys give me solid ground to check in w/every day, in a way the Main lobby just doesn't, as much as I enjoy entering in there too. I'm so grateful to have both of you here. Would welcome a few more, but they just don't stick and don't know what they're missing.

Misti---Congrats on the new low! You are a very determined gal, that sense blows right through the "tubes" to me. IMO, you're in a good place right now, and you're going to continue to drop and see new lows. And I'm going to be so happy to witness it.

To both of you---while I may be the only city girl here, I too love the critters. Starting w/our beloved dog. And then there's the matter of the raccoon mama whose given birth to her kits in our attic. Yep. We can hear them and her at night. This has happened once before in the 24 years we've lived in this house.

Last time was when I was pregnant w/my son, so many years ago, and I could hear those babies up there bleating. Hubby wanted to get rid of them post haste, but I insisted he wait till it got a bit warmer. It got a bit warmer, and he strewed the attic w/moth balls, and w/in a day we watched mama drag her kittens out and somewhere else.

Same thing this year. When I first heard them, it was 20 below here. Told hubby, a couple more days won't hurt. Now it's much more temperate here, hubby has spread the moth balls, and it seems they are gone. They hate that chemical smell, see it as danger, and who can blame them?

Decent day today. Had a big old salad at work for lunch. Now just frying up some Italian sausages w/onions.

Sweet dreams gals!
Old 01-16-2014, 10:25 AM   #1823
Major LCF Poster!

Another new low today! 206.6. Onederland here I come! My tracker claims it is at least 5-6 weeks away if I keep eating like I am eating. But I seem to be in a honeymoon phase right now, so maybe it will be quicker.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #1824
Major LCF Poster!

ROCK N ROLL MISTI.

You are doing very well gal! Keep up the great progress. You are strong and steady and working the system. that is wonderful and you are inspiring me to keep at this and do it right!!!

I lost 1.8 on the scale this morning. bloat of course.
but I KNOW HOW to do it obviously, so key now is to keep on going.

My mind is mostly back in the game. I keep saying, LC, LC, LC, LC every time food pops into mind. LC ONLY BABY!!! I stick to lc and the magic does happen.

I am 202 on the scale. changing my stats from 198.5 (in Onederland where I was) to the true scale right now and just from there and change it as needed.
So hopefully the Gods will take pity on me and let me into Onederland quickly and let me post that again. All I can do is wish and eat LC to make that happen

these days it is tons of water right now. back in the flood zone for me. it helps me alot.

Blue, ya know we eat racoon down here. hubby is a coon hunter. NO we never ate one. but he would hunt with the guys that had the dogs at midnight, chasing coons all over the place. insanity in my book, but they love it. Mothballs, huh, great idea. Chase the little buggers out.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #1825
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---TA DA!!!! 206!!!! Yes, I do believe you will be in Onederland soon. Like I said, you're one determined gal. Gosh it's fun to see you do this.

Trigger---And you missy, 1.8 down, also excellent! Bloat or not, it says you are on track because you don't lose the bloat unless you are. And I think it's good that you changed your stats to reflect your reality. I swear, I've gained those pounds back too many times because I was scared of getting on the scale and calling it for what it is. This is why I weigh myself every single morning, and am determined to do so from here on out. You will be back in Onderland in no time, if you just hang in

Another good day here! Work has really been better and challenging in good ways. I'm less stressed, more invigorated. Pinch me, how long can it last?

Had a work lunch salad today, not sure about dinner tonight, but not particularly hungry, at least not in the way I was a few days ago. Like I said, it comes it goes, glad to see it gone for now.
Old 01-17-2014, 05:11 AM   #1826
Major LCF Poster!

Blue less stressed is a good thing. I hope it lasts long for you!!!

Misti you keep on rocking it hard gal! great results

down 1/2 this morning. take it. all in the right direction.

Kiddo off school today. flu/bug thingy going around school now and she got it. sick kiddo. so sad when they feel bad.

gotta hit the road and get some stuff done. hubby off today so he will hang around for her and do junk around here.

Remember I got that LOW CARB BIBLE cookbook? I got it. big big disappointment!!!!!
it is a moderate carby book. receipes like 16 net carbs per serving. YEA LIKE THAT is going to happen also the book calls for low fat cheese, eggbeaters and things like that with your hashbrowns for breakfast? HUH???? so this is a 'diet' book with mod. carb meals I think. Not what I will be making. scanning thru a few hit my idea of OK but not most of them. waste of money. (only $15 so I can shelve it and forget about it) LOL

I think what I consider lower/mod. carb eating is NOT what others consider it. I am mod. up to about 30-40 net range and mod to others I think is ANYthing under 100.

woke up not hungry which is always nice. but I have bacon and eggs when I get hungry and will jump on that when I return from my travels.

Should be a nice day. Gonna go down to my 2 barns on this property and work in getting some stalls fancied up and change a few gates etc. just slow prep work all the while keeping an eye out for a new horse :O) My saddle I put up is in decent condition, which surprised me since I kinda ignored it for many years. No new cost on that. gonna get some saddle soap today on my rounds and start working on it.

everyone have a great LC day!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #1827
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday all. God, I love Friday nights.

Didn't have to edit today, which I usually do on Fridays, so being home was a nice treat, and I got a lot done around the house. Which is a very good thing because it was a messy after Christmas nest, now it's tidy and clean. Still have my tree up. Can't seem to let go of it this year, and since it's "faux" I don't have to. It's so wintery and pretty w/all it's white lights and "snow" that I'm finding it very cheery.

Trigger---Another 1/2 lb down! I think you're really starting to motor girl!

That crud the kiddo probably has has been all over the place here. My whole family has had it, or has it, and it hangs on for awhile. Hope she feels better soon. Yeah, you hate to see them sick, and that doesn't go away, my son is 21 and has it right now and I still hate to see it and keep trying to mom him into more water and more chicken soup.

I looked up that "Low Carb Bible" on Amazon where you can peek at some of it and thought the same thing you did---not LC as we know it. Have you ever tried that "look inside" thing on Amazon? It comes in handy.

Very good LC day today. So far and artichoke w/butter and mayo and a hand full of Almonds. Having my neighbor over for dinner, she's a good low carb cook and a low carb fan, even though she doesn't need to lose any weight.
Making a new salad I found---sliced steak on bibb and red leaf lettuce w/roasted pearl tomatoes, chevre soft goat cheese, fried onions and this is the best part---a dark rum and apple cider vinaigrette. Just made it and it's fantastic. Just olive oil, apple cider vinaigrette, a splash of mustard, salt, pepper and a shot of dark rum. Yum.

Down to 185.2 this am, my new low by .2 lbs. Good to see 185 again, I was 187 yesterday. Water and bounce, water and bounce, but hopefully some fat melting away too.

Hope y'all are warm and cozy tonight.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #1828
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry for the post and run yesterday, I was at work and someone walked in my office. Then I never got back here last night.

We are rockin' it gals! A new low for Blue, 2.3 gone in two days for Trigger and a new low for me as well! At 205.8 this morning...6 lbs. away from onederland. Haven't been there in about 20 years.

Sorry about the Low Carb Bible book Trigger. Doesn't sound low carb! Can you return it or sell it? Do you have a decent library near you? I found ours has quite a few LC cookbooks. I haven't checked any out yet, but I did browse through a few. Treated myself to the 5 volumes of Low Carbing Among Friends before Xmas but haven't used them too much yet. They were pretty expensive so the jury is still out on if they are worth it. A lot of recipes (or very similar) can be found for free online.

Blue, you are way nicer to racoons that we would be, that's all I can say! Never knew mothballs would drive them away, though, so that's good to know.

Well, I have a three day weekend, with Monday all to myself, though my son has some kind of school presentation I can go to at 2 pm. Have a great weekend!
Old 01-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #1829
Major LCF Poster!

Blue sounds like your work is treating you well. and the tree? still up? LOL I am Christmas cleared at this point. got my mind on spring big time
water and bounce, water and bounce. yea I know that one but at least you are hitting lower on the scale now. keep up the great work!!!

Misti doesn't your son have off from school monday? Nicole is off. Martin Luther Day.
which is good, she is gonna need that day cause she is sick. getting better tho.
Low C among Friends. will check into it.
Yes I do find many free low carb recipes on line. I just kinda wanted it all in one book but I might find one in the future that is ok.
I know ONEderland is coming fast for you! 20 years? when ya get there, you need to celebrate!!!!!!

I am good this morning. down 1/2 lb again. ate lc all the way baby.

My mind is on horses again yesterday I went to the older barn and started re-arranging and cleaning and finding horse stuff I had, getting organized etc. I love making a new home for whatever new horse I get. Kept me outside working. My mind is elsewhere except on food so that is a good thing. Didn't even mind the cold!!

Sad thing is not many good horses around. They seem nice but short. All seem to be under 15 hands. Midgets for me I need a bigger horse. Still looking slowly and will fall upon that perfect one.

Kiddo getting better slowly. she got hit hard poor kid. But on the recovery now so that is a good thing. She has monday off school for Martin Luther, then goes 2 days, then has Thurs/Friday off for teacher workshop. huh? like she never goes to school seems they get so many days off LOL

ok, off to get things done. hubby stayed home from work today. BLECK. big baby. says he has what Nicole has. player. Not hungry today so should be easy day cause I am working on tack, barn etc. keeping me busy and busy is good.

bacon bacon and more bacon later today. got a hankering.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:19 AM   #1830
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome loss Trigger! I am down 0.6 lbs. again today too, to 205.2, another new low! This low carb thing really works when we did it right, huh?! I think maybe my holiday time gave my body a bit of a break and now it is ready for fat burning again. I have been completely on plan and tracking everything for about two weeks now and it is working!

Trigger, my son usually has MLK day off, but the school district decided to hold school this year and teach the kids about MLK during the school day. It caused a lot of controversy, because many families celebrate on their own and those kids will have an excused day off. The university where I work does a lot of MLK events the community can attend as well. The school district will not be holding school on MLK day next year! Glad your kiddo is recovering and that you are working on the possibility of a horse!

It's snowing here today. Trying to decide if I'll have a "high calorie" (but not high carb) day today to keep my thyroid guessing. Not sure if I want to screw up my progress though. I guess I'll let my hunger guide me. Did have my shake plus a piece of bacon for breakfast, bacon IS yummy! Usually it's just a shake. So we'll see.
Closed Thread