Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #1741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Back from lunch w/my pal from out of town. Salad and soup, no bites of anything off plan. I have a couple of hours now till we leave for our party tonight. Hope I can keep it mostly on plan, although hubby is bringing his fantastic twice backed potatoes for our contribution, something he kindly hasn't made in months because he knows how much I love them. So hoping a couple bites will do it.

Trigger---a diamond ring! Even if it was a small one. I just love the idea of buried treasure, no matter how big or small. Now I'll be able to picture you and your metal thingy on the beach while you're gone!

And I agree, like I said above, as much as these holidays are challenging in terms of temptations everywhere, I too know I don't want to go back to the way I used to eat or look. Seeing my slim pal today was motivating. She used to struggle w/her weight too, but no more. She got there by deciding she just didn't like the feeling of being full anymore, and from there got into a big health food thing. Now she just "grazes" as she says, but she is very content with her woe, and it looks great on her. Don't think I'll ever just graze through life, LOL, but we all get there in our own ways and seeing her happy and healthy reminded me that's exactly where I want to go, my way.

I'm actually looking forward to the day after Xmas, when staying on plan will be easier again. I feel pretty good about how I've done so far all things considered, bites of this and that instead of any whole hog off plan meal.But it's been more of a struggle with all that delicious stuff everywhere, and the scale is totally stuck. Up 2 pounds today. Up and down, but same old numbers. I'm considering fasting a bit after Christmas, not as in starving myself, but as in cutting my calories way back for a couple of days, or maybe the dreaded meat and eggs thing. We'll see, but I'm already thinking about how to shake it up and get back to losing!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 04:02 AM   #1742
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
yum. twice baked taters! those are hard to resist. I must say that is something I loved before giving them up. bet Chef Hubby's are delish!! There are days when I can resist everything and days when just the sight/smell will trigger intense cravings. but luckily longer and longer I eat lc I have more power over saying no. I really look forward to a day in the long term future when I don't 'even think hard' about saying no to foods but just say no and move on.

Don't get hard on yourself!!!! Worse thing we can do is start to get crazy about losing cause we feel we must. after the holidays we can do simple things. drink tons of water. eat our usual lc meals we love but pick those meals that you know are kinder to you for losing good weight.

I have lc meals planned for my vacation. I am pre-cooking some things and bringing them so I can jump on them, but they are my meals that are good for weight loss on me and also ones I love to eat.

we will get back to losing and once the holiday is over all the crazy stress of social foods will be gone. In fact I have seen so much stinking foods over the last few weeks that I almost am getting sick of it. tired of food Thankgiving starts it and then it just seems like too much.

I don't like this time of just stagnating. But it comes with the territory of holidays.

Not much longer and we can feel more free to handle our journey. not much to do in jan/fed/march but lose weight LOL

I am up about 4 lbs now but I am ok with it. I know we all will get the holiday bloat gone and move down the scale.

quiet easy sunday here. not doing much. getting house in order and taking life easy today. usual lc meals. nothing fancy. eating lighter today cause I have no obligations to get in the way
Old 12-22-2013, 09:00 AM   #1743
Major LCF Poster!

Well, this little puppy arrives here today w/her tail tucked between her legs. So. We went to our party last night, and it was the first time at one of these things that there's been hardly a LC thing to eat. From the apps through dessert it was a "southern" meal. pastry appetizers of many different kinds and fabulous. Then ham with three different sweet toppings, including this amazing raisin apple one, twice backed potatoes, a corn dish, macaroni and cheese, a very sweet coleslaw, and three different breads, two pies for dessert.

And...I ate it ALL, and lots of it---except the pie, but I had some Christmas cookies. It was like there was this what the hell moment, and then I felt my LC angel fly right out the window, LOL. This was the biggest off plan meal I've had since I began this woe, including my cheats in Cartagena.

It was delicious, but boy, did I pay for it. Within moments of finishing--- Man, I felt terrible. I got sweaty, felt nauseous, and like I was drugged. Wanted to leave, but couldn't exactly eat and run and the hubby was having a great time. I took a little walk outside to get some air and that helped a little, but the night was over for me, counted the minutes till we could leave. Came home and still felt awful. Drank a bucket of water and put my naughty self to bed.

SO the lesson for me is, I really can't eat this way anymore and enjoy it. It wasn't even about guilt, or fearing the scale's thoughts on my meal, it was about feeling really crappy. The good news is that unlike others, this kind of cheat does NOT make me crave more carbs, even bread sounds terrible to me this morning. Food sounds terrible to me.

Like you Trigger, I'm just tired of it. All the dancing around the treats and being good or bad or in-between. Missing my quieter, cleaner, easier LC days, and the energy that comes with that.

Tonight it's a another party, I'm having some BPC for breakfast, and maybe a few hard boiled eggs before I leave for the party so I don't arrive hungry---although hunger seems a distant possibility right now. But tonight I'm strapping my LC angel on my back so she can't escape. And you know, I really don't want another night like last night so I think it will be fine.

This was also a lesson in how I don't want to feel Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. So while there will be off plan food, it will be small amounts. I want to enjoy those days w/my family, not end up a sweaty nauseous mess.

And hey Trigger, I'm up 4 pounds too, off to fill up my water glass!
Old 12-22-2013, 12:09 PM   #1744
Major LCF Poster!

ut oh Blue---you went whole hog

but I bet in reality you didn't eat as much as you normally would have before lc.
so you probably did edit the amt. of stuff you would have eaten.

Sicccckkkk.....oh yea. if you ate everything (except that pie but had the cookies) that you listed above, I am surprised you are still standing. last time I did a whole hog feast was way back when I did my vacation and I was sick as a dog also. into the next day like you are!

thing is, as bad sick as I got from the carby junk....when I recovered my mind was all about carbs! I wanted more. I would have thought it would have been easy to say no to another feast of carbs, but it was hard not to say no. I wanted more and more and then I had to battle again to cut the cravings. That is the time I was struggling trying to get away from the carbs again and then I kinda leaned toward sugar. Yea.

One thing for me I can't ''go all in'' any more. I can taste. Have a few pieces of something etc. but no more full off the grid old SAD meals I used to eat. cause when I did that I had to work very very hard to gain back control. It was scary for me actually to realize what kind of control those old meals had over me. I wanted ALL (and I mean ALL) of my old comfort back in my life.

sweaty nauseous mess! WOW it hit you hard girl!

You mentioned a good thing to remember and we all should make this a standard policy.
EAT before you go Yup. even if lc options are there at a party, also are the most delicious tempting foods. In a heartbeat we can say 'what the heck'. I do know if I am around alot of yummy foods, if I am stuffed before then it REALLY makes it so much easier. But....then I get the old tired feeling off...."Man I gotta eat before I go to a party that is supplying food?" what the??? HAHA but it is the best working policy for me. if my gut is full, I eat way less and am way less tempted. big time.

I am so glad you mentioned that. because I think I am going to do that before any big situation from here on out. Christmas day I am bringing a smoked boston pork butt to moms for everyone to pick on for lunch. I am going to eat alot of it (even tho pork is a weight holder for me, it is better than other options) and then I should be controlled at dinner around that lasagna. And if full enough, I might skip it

I feel for ya. been there. it is a horrible feeling for sure. an eye opener also. that 'what the heck' is a very bad thing! I know, my lc angel left me a few times and it ain't pretty after!

I am doing well today. not hungry cause 'who knows' but I have only had a few bites of chicken at lunch and put it up. just didn't want it. dinner tonight is cheeseburger and some bacon crumbled.
Old 12-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #1745
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hi gals! I'm back. Sorry to be gone so long. Graduation ceremony is finally over and we just had Chrismtas with the in-laws. Made my own chili to bring and east which worked out well. So now I am on the downhill slide into Christmas. Just tried to apply a screen protector to DS's new Kindle Fire for Xmas and that didn't go so well so I just had to order another one. So I'm not quite done yet.

Food wise is ok. I ate nearly an entire recipe of the sweet & spicy pecans yesterday (nearly 2 cups of pecans!). Oops. I saw a very brief new low just below 208 a couple of days ago but I must have been dehydrated because I'm now back up to 210.x like I have been for quite a while. I'm with you on the slow losing Trigger. I think after a certain amount of time on LC it is just slow going. But since I know this is the healthiest way for me to eat, I just have to do it not matter what the scale says.

Sorry you felt bad after indulging at the party, Blue. It just isn't really worth feeling like crap anymore, is it? Even if we want to eat it, our bodies react. I hope tonight's party is better food-wise. Have fun.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:30 PM   #1746
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in late Sunday night, after the party.

OMG Trigger, you make me laugh. Your first sentence, in your last post "uh oh, Blue, you went whole hog" had me How often have I said "whole hog" as in NOT doing it, not gonna do it, in the last weeks?! God girl, thanks for that. I needed it. And best thing is, I read it before I went to the party, which put me in a good mood on the way out the door, still smiling.

Misti---So glad to see you back. We missed you, but I knew you needed to get the graduation out of the way. Couple of cups of nuts? Hey, compared to my swan dive off plan, that's nothing, LOL. Seems like we're all a bit stuck in the muck right now, winter and holidays etc etc. I'm looking forward to all of us grabbing on to the new year together. It might be slow, but it's going to be a go for all of us, somehow, I just know it.

So I checked in mostly to say I had a great time tonight, and that's because I stayed on plan, and therefore, FELT GOOD. It was a buffet of stuff, w/some good options. I had a couple of meat balls, some celery and cheese dip, and that was it. What a difference a day, and a hard lesson learned, can make.

And yeah Trig, I did have something before I left, and I agree that's a darn good idea. Thought I was going to have a couple of hard boiled eggs but instead made homemade egg nog---a recipe I got here---and had myself a big old glass before I left. SO EASY, and SO GOOD. An egg, cream, a half tsp of vanilla, a drop of sweetener and nutmeg. Fantastic, and not at all like the hugely sugary and too rich stuff you buy at the store. Really filled me up and satisfied me after eating nothing all day. Just wasn't that interested in the food when I got there.

Thinking I'm going to make this for dessert for me on Christmas eve, while everyone else has the red velvet cake I ordered. Maybe I'll add a bit of rum, which could only improve things. Always surprised rum has 0 carbs, as sweet as it is. In fact, this egg nog thing is something I may be having beyond the holidays for a treat---minus the rum of course, at least most of the time.

Anywho gals, home tonight feeling good, and writing it down. And the reason I feel good is I stayed on plan, and that's the reason I had lots of fun tonight and not so much last night.

Onward to good things for all of us.
Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 AM   #1747
Major LCF Poster!

Misti, a kindle fire. Great gift. I have wanted one of those. haven't bought it yet but it is on my list of wants. Nuts are so addicting. I would be right there with ya polishing off 2 cups! I love hand to mouth foods. We changed how we eat so much and dropped so many foods from our lives, that eventually the body will give up some weight. See, that hint of 208 was there! That means when we do get out of this holiday situation we can control a bit better and work it good for the scale.

Blue, this is for you

here's the whole hog for ya. dressed up for the party also!!

I know one thing you saved me on alcohol. I have stopped the beers. I am a rum girl now. I had a few diet pepsi and rums over the last weeks and it doesn't bloat me or really do anything to me like beer did. So I made the switch for good.

Your eggnog sounds delish. And using it all thru the year is something you should do.

Good job on that party. Sounds like you are back in gear.

for me I feel good this morning. got a leaner feeling which as usual I love love love.
didn't eat alot yesterday, just not hungry. I noticed today I woke up with that low hunger feeling so it should be an easy day again. No scale today. I am not weighing again until I get after the holiday now.

Sounds like we are all actually doing ok. For every little backslide we learn. that is key. we gotta remember, find new ways to make corrections/tricks/tips and all we need to cement in this way of eating long term. A learning journey for all of us
Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #1748
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah! The only thing you missed in this portrait were the cute boots I wore to the party---the hooves, not quite the same thing.

Love hearing you're feeling leaner and not so hungry. Love it when that happens. And I agree, we're all doing just fine, imo, because we're here and we're conscious of what we're eating and the decisions we're making for the better or the worse.

And on that note, Misti---I was thinking today about what you said about even when we want it, our bodies don't. I know this intellectually, but that carby meal was a PHYSICAL reminder that my body cannot handle that kind of food, except in very small increments. It's somewhat amazing to me that I used to eat like that all the time, and all that while my body was saying, "I don't like this" in many ways. But I couldn't see it, or more honestly, didn't want to. To think I was once USED TO feeling like that!

Gals, I had a great day. Finished up my shopping for hubby and son, DONE.
And along the way, I got some great little treats for Blue. Got 3 tops at TJ Maxx, two for 16.99, and one on clearance for 9.99.

Geez, there's some great deals out there right now. And it reminded me how much I love being able to wear stuff I really like, and how much I don't want to go back to what was a year ago at this time.

Hardees lettuce wrap Frisco burger on the run for lunch. BWW's for dinner. Pretty much all meat today. Dropped 2 pounds of bloat this morning.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #1749
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and one more thing. Trigger, I'm glad you've made the substitute of rum for beer.

I've never been a beer person, and I don't drink much wine anymore, as it "triggers" forgive me for using your name, LOL, hot flashes. This happened even before I went LC. And now, I have even more reason to avoid the carbs in wine.

I enjoy a cocktail. I don't overdue, but a bit of the spirits helps disengage earlobes from shoulders, after a long day. But as I've said, I really don't want to drink my carbs. It's all about finding our way in this LC life, and I'm convinced we can do so, and not give up
anything that really matters.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #1750
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome drop, Blue! Glad the party bloat is coming off quickly. Sounds like we had a similar day. DS and I went to the dentist then a bit of shopping. Got DONE with shopping, though a couple things should still be arriving tomorrow. Hopefully they will anyway! Didn't shop for myself, but it sounds like you made some great finds. Also had a fast food burger (double bacon cheeseburger deluxe, no bun, at Culver's) for lunch. Will have homemade wings for supper tomorrow as there are some in the fridge that need to get made.

Trigger, love the pig picture! Glad you are feeling leaner. Hope the scale is cooperating. I agree with trigger, sounds like rum is a better beverage of choice, carb-wise. DH likes tequila, which is also low-carb, so I got him some individual packets of sugar-free margarita mix for Christmas. I might even try one myself, maybe for New Year's eve.
Old 12-24-2013, 04:43 AM   #1751
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, the whole hog didn't enjoy the party. Someone ate him LOL
Glad you are back on track and feeling better. I also love shopping when clothing is fun again! Are ya done with parties yet?? You are quite the social butterfly! This a super fun time of the year and I also enjoy it to the max!

Misti I never checked into sugar free mixes. I will do that! Glad you are finally done. I hope those things arrive for you. I don't like getting caught short without presents arriving. That happened a few times to me but eh, they still came and people still go them

I am a bit sodium induced this morning. tacos last night. I put some on a salad and we ate late last night. So plowing thru water today. No scale again. Waiting til after.

Today is kid exchange presents around 11. Out to dinner tonight at Safari Miles restaurant with mother in law for christmas eve dinner. No cooking for me today! I am having prime rib. Yum. Then home to exchange gift with mother in law. Kiddo can't wait. Chomping at the bit to into some presents.

As much as I love this holiday, I am really ready to move forward now. That 'super slow quiet' time after the holiday. being older New Years doesn't mean as much. Heck for years I missed 12 in bed HAHA So I am in the mood to get into all my easy lc meals without holiday pressures.

we're all doing well thru this!
Old 12-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #1752
Major LCF Poster!

Well gals, it's here at last. These are the two days I love the most, with family and good cheer. Our family can be as screwed up as the next one, but we do Christmas quite well. Lots of fun. And it's the real deal instead of the retail and social whirlwind that precedes it.

Trigger---Your Christmas Eve sounds fantastic. No fuss, no muss and a great LC meal---
prime rib, yum, add a good salad and it's perfect. So fun to have a little one at Christmas, I miss that.

And I'm w/you, looking forward to tonight and tomorrow, and then looking further forward to being back on plan and out of the land of endless temptations.

Misti---Sounds like you've got a chicken wing Christmas Eve coming up from what I read on the main board. Are you making the Asian Zing LC wings? Makes my mouth water, we have to make those soon!

So tonight is the hubby's family at our house. Our tradition is this fantastic sliced and marinated meat on big chewy buns. I'll be having mine on TJ's Low carb buttered toast, at least I'll spare myself some carbs there, and it will still be yummy. Then there'll be the hubby's famous cheesy potatoes, which I will have a small amt of, as well as calico beans and the SIL's coleslaw, which is very good and the light vinegarette kind. Red Velvet cake for dessert, maybe a taste, but no more. Determine to enjoy yet not end up like I did last Saturday morning! Drinking tons of water today, and will tomorrow.

Down another pound of bloat, which leaves me still 2 pounds up from my lowest weight, 187. No matter how good I am tonight and tomorrow, there will be off plan moments, so I expect I'll bloat right up again, but at least I got most of the bloat from Saturday off. Then Dec 26, I hope to get that bloat gone for a good long while.

Lots to do yet, so I'm off, but I wish you gals a lovely Christmas Eve, and am so grateful to have had you in my life this year---the ups, the downs, the laughs, the support, it's been so "yummy."
Old 12-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #1753
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Christmas Eve! I am down another pound myself, to 209.6 today, but not at my low. Not sure when I'll see tht again! We did have wings for supper but I just made buffalo tonight, and BBQ for DS. Sounds like both of you are having good food and cheer for Christmas eve. I bought a standing rib roast (prime rib) for Christmas lunch tomorrow. It was way more expensive than I thought it would be even though it was on sale. So I hope it tastes good! I have a few veggie possibilites for a side. All the present arrived except one Target gift card that has a toy attached for DS. Oh well, he'll live, he is getting tons of other things. Only one more present to wrap after DS goes to bed. Have a lovely evening ladies!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 PM   #1754
Major LCF Poster!

Standing rib roast. OH MY that is one of my favs for home for the holidays. haven't made it in a very long time.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO BLUE AND MISTI!!

I know you guys are going to have a wonderful HOLIDAY!

I am off to get presents under the tree. it is 11:30 and kiddo finally zonked out so now Santa can come

ENJOY THE WONDERFUL DAY TOMORROW!!!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #1755
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Xmas gals!!!!!

I have a few quiet moments here, as Hubby is dropping off some gifts and son is still sleeping. We don't do the big Xmas day breakfast, as we'll be feasting at 4 at my brothers.

Did as I expected to last night. One serving of cheesy potatoes, one of calico beans, coleslaw and the sliced meat on my TJ's bread. No dessert. I enjoyed it completely---it will be a long time till I taste those incredible cheesy potatoes again---and I felt fine. Up a pound this morning, not too bad.

So it's on to lasagna for Xmas day dinner, and then ladies, it will be tomorrow and I will be back on plan, less road blocks ahead, I hope.

Wishing you both a warm, cozy, happy Xmas day with your families.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:19 PM   #1756
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas Blue and Trigger! Made the pork rind bread pudding with butter cream sauce for breakfast, and the prime rib roast and pan roasted asparagus for lunch (DS had instant mashed potatoes!). I've had a few bites of sugar-free candy today but not overdoing it. Got a few nice gifts, and DS got lots of gifts, and so shouldn't be bored for quite some time! Hope you are having a great day Trigger and sounds like your family dinner will be very nice Blue. Enjoy your lasagna! Both of you have a wonderful Chrimstmas evening.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:01 AM   #1757
Major LCF Poster!

It sounds like we are 3 lucky gals. We all are having a wonderful holiday and it seems like we are all getting thru it ok.

well it is Thursday and I am up 6.5 lbs. Bleck. I am into the 200s again which stinks but I know it isn't real weight so I will work very hard to get off this stupid bloated, extra foody weight.

6.5 over the holiday with tons of fun and family I figure is ok. I know I am in a good place to get rid of it. the holiday didn't drag me into never eating lc again, abandoning my mission or anything else so I figure I am ahead of the game

SO SO SO busy today. I am packing rv for trip tomorrow and if I don't chat with you gals, I will be back Wed and will check in. Take care of yourselves and work the lc way very hard. I will be. Even on my trip. I am sick of food now so this trip shouldn't drag me down.

see ya on wed. and everyone take care!!!
Old 12-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #1758
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---I'm SO impressed that you made a bread pudding w/pork rinds! I think you are very talented in the kitchen, unlike moi. And it sounds like you did very well on the woe through the whole shabang of Christmas. I bet you will be rewarded with a drop in the next week. Seems to me your pattern is to stall a bit when the stress is high, like it has been the last weeks, but you stick to the plan and then drop when things lighten up.

Trigger---So it's off to the beach to hunt for treasures for you! Have a wonderful time, and yeah, stay on plan as much as you can. You'll feel much better and won't come home to more to lose. Your 6 pounds up now, and I know you can motor that down in the next week eating on plan, and then there's those walks on the beach, and that helps too. I'll miss you!

Well, it was a lovely Christmas Day, so enjoyed my family, and dinner was fantastic. I didn't go nuts, but I had my fill without getting stuffed, including some garlic bread. Up another pound this morning, which I expected.

Today at last, all is calm, all is LC. Took a friend who lost a dear one before Xmas out to lunch today. Despite her loss, we had a lovely time, cried a little, laughed a little and chatted the afternoon away in a cozy little restaurant. I had beef tenderloin tips w/horseradish sauce and a small caesar salad. It tasted great, and I felt totally satisfied. Had my fun, and my treats, and now it's back on plan.

Yesterday my darlin' nieces and nephews were lavish w/their compliments about my weight loss, and their words echo in my mind today and motivate the heck out of me. And I have my trip to San Diego to work towards too.

Life happens, including some off plan moments, not to mention mistakes and regrets. But then I just "pick myself up, dust myself off, and get back in the race." From "That's Life," my dear old Dad's favorite song.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #1759
Major LCF Poster!

Good LC day, bad day for our wallets. We lost electricity in three rooms yesterday and it looks like there's going to be some serious re-wiring that needs to be done. Cha Ching, on top of the big cha ching of Xmas.
At least it's not our kitchen or my office. It's the bathroom, our bedroom and half the living room. So we're discovering the joys of using the bathroom in candle light. Thank God for my Kindle that I can read in bed in the dark.

Had a work lunch today, had a salad and water. It was such a good salad that I ordered another one to bring home for dinner. Hubby is very crabby due to electric fiasco and just wants his comfort food---a big bowl of cereal---which I predicted, so glad I thought ahead to bring home something LC and yummy, and I'll come in at about 25 carbs for the day. Drinking lots of water. Back in the saddle!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:40 PM   #1760
Major LCF Poster!

Hope you are having fun on your trip Trigger! The New Year will be here soon and we will all be getting serious at that point, I think!

Blue, I think you are right about the stress. I am still a bit stressed right now as I having been staying home with my 11 year old and he still wants me to play with him all day! Sorry, kiddo, I do not want to watch you play Minecraft or some other video game all day. Not fun for me. I did help him put together a K'nex roller coaster and a Lego police station, so that wasn't too bad. Eating has been ok, but I am still ranging from 208-210 most days. So not going higher but not going lower. I think I will need to start tracking again in the new year.

Sorry to hear about the wiring in your house, Blue. Not a good time of year for that to happen. Our 13 year old car is on its last legs, sometimes it will start sometimes it won't. We have rarely used it in the past 5 years anyway, but there are some days we need two cars. So we will be looking around and most likely buy one in the spring. Very nice that your nieces and nephews noticed your weight loss! We Skyped my sisters the other day, one I haven't seen in a long time (over a year) could really tell. Apparently I weigh less than her now, which she wasn't too happy to hear! Both of them say they need to get off the sugar, so we'll see.
Old 12-28-2013, 04:20 PM   #1761
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Oh, I so remember those days w/my son! I was always kind of a girly girl and had no interest in boy games when I was little, let alone grown up. I got so bored and antsy when I tied to play them w/him, so I used to take him out to places we both liked, like the zoo or the Science Museum, anything but a boy video game, LOL. He liked being read to, and I really liked doing that, so that worked. Still, I remember some long days trying to entertain him and sometimes I felt bad I wasn't better at it.

So cool your sister was impressed and maybe a bit jealous of your weight loss. I remember when I felt that way w/friends who lost while I stayed overweight. I was so happy for them, but would always think I need to do something, and then I would eat something to make myself feel better, LOL. I do not miss those days, and sure don't want them back.

I may have to return to tracking in the new year too. I've just been stuck here for so long, partly because of holiday indulgences, but even before that, eating very clean LC
I just wasn't getting anywhere. I'm afraid it's the calorie issue, and that's what I hate counting, but even though I think I'm coming in between 15 and 1600 every day, which is about where I need to be to lose at this point I think, perhaps there's a couple hundred a day I'm missing, and that's what's slowing me down?

The holiday bloat is slow to come off right now too. Holding at 191, which is 4 pounds ABOVE my low of 187, which I hit several time but just couldn't hold on to. At least 20 pounds to go, would like to lose another 25, actually, so I have to figure out how to make it happen AND stay content on my woe.

But I've been good in these days since Xmas. BPC so far today, and a Steamed artichoke for lunch. Going to the neighbors for dinner, and she's always good about having something I can eat, don't know what it will be, but she's a good cook and likes to eat lower carb herself, so hopefully it will be a fun and good LC night.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #1762
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Started tracking again today. Last time I tracked I did it on my own, this time I found a good tracker on line. I put in the foods I ate for the last few days, and I can already see I may have been underestimating a bit, surprisingly to me, more on the carbs than the calories, although it's hard to know if you have all the amounts right. Still, I think tracking for awhile and being more aware of what I'm eating will be helpful in starting a new push to lose in the new year. I think taking the time to look at everything I eat as the days go by, the carb and calorie totals, will influence my choices for the better. So back at it!

Nice lazy day today, felt good. SO darn cold, nice to not have to go out. Making us a fantastic salad tonight w/warm chicken, blue cheese, roasted slivered almonds and blackberries, drizzled w/balsamic vinegarette. According to my trusty new tracker, I will end the day at 33 carbs and about 1400 calories. I prefer 25 to 30 carbs, but 33 is fine, particularly considering my calories will be on the low side.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:42 PM   #1763
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you did well today! I think I will start tracking again on the 2nd, when I go back to work. I know I have been eating too many calories. I tend to graze way to much at home, especially in the afternoon. I do fine through lunch, then I eat whatever I want the rest of the day it seems. Plus I am making more LC goodies. Made some "coco peanut porkies" tonight - basically crushed pork rinds coated in melted (sugar-free) chocolate and peanut butter. Tasty and low carb enough, but not calorie-free!
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #1764
Major LCF Poster!

Well, second day on my tracker and it is certainly less generous than I am with totals. But I do think this will be good for me. I set it for 1550 calories a day, and it comes up in bright red when it goes over.

And it tries to tell me when I'm over on my fats too. It has set up limits for the macro nutrients each a day, and I can't find any place to change them, despite a couple searches. Whatever, I can see the percentages I need to see. I need to keep my eye on the carb/protein ratio, but don't think I'll ever be able to eat as much fat as I'm supposed to AND keep w/in my calorie goals, or have the variety of foods I need.

And Misti---you and I are different in our area of temptations. For you, it's hard to be home, with all those options, not to mention you being a really good cook of LC treats. For me, it's easier on my home days, harder on my work days because that's when I get more stressed and vulnerable to bad choices, not to mention always having to find the good out to lunch option.
In my biz, as an independent contractor, you don't bring your lunch, you always end up eating it out.

In any case, we must all surf our own lifestyle demands, and find the best way to implement them to continue on towards our goal.

Today was a smallish salad for lunch, that still surprised me in it's carb count on the tracker, and a good clue to where I'm going wrong w/larger salads at work. Tonight will be two small cheese burgers on a slice each of Trader Joe's LC bread.

According to my tracker I will end up just shy of my calorie count, and good on my carb count. So far, so good, but tomorrow night, New Year's Eve, is that last holiday gauntlet to cross, and we are having people here. More on this tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:31 PM   #1765
Major LCF Poster!

I have a feeling we use the same tracker Blue. You can change the macros under My Home...Goals....Change Goals....Custom....then enter your calories and percentages of carbs, protein, fats etc. to get it close to what you want. It won't be perfect but better than the preset. You can also choose which columns to see, I do carbs, fiber, protein, fat and sodium, but I forget how I changed that.

The pork rind dessert "cocoa peanut porkies cookies" basically sugar-free chocolate, peanut butter and crushed pork rinds mixed together that I made last night are already gone. Tastes like "muddie buddies" or "puppy chow" made with chex cereal. Very tasty but I don't think I'll make it again for quite a while as DH and I both found it quite addictive.

Tomorrow is my birthday but it is supposed to snow here tomorrow night so I am not sure if we will even go out to supper or not. Forgot I need to renew my driver's license, I just tried to do it online and it said I need to go to the driver's license station for some reason. Guess I will do that tomorrow during the day. Oh well, I should get a new picture anyway! Even my passport photo which is only 1.5 years old is way out of "date" based on the way I look then vs. now. Hard to realize how far I've come as I am used to the way I am now. Wouldn't be a bad place to stay but I want to get remotivated in the new year to get off at least 20 more pounds in the next few months and meet my initial goal. Still would love to lose more after that of course.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 12-30-2013 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #1766
Major LCF Poster!

Misti!!!!!! Wow, born on New Year's Eve. I hope you're having a lovely day---nice and warm and INSIDE. Good Lord, it's cold out, and they say going to get worse before it gets better. And I hope you get something very fun for your B'day, something you've been wanting.

And yes, it's the same tracker. Thanks for the tip on it, I was able to change it as you instructed. I like it. It's easier than doing it myself, duh, and painfully more accurate I think. I also like that I can fill in what I HOPE I eat earlier in the day, to sort of set a goal, and then change it if I don't quite make it, but it allows me to visualize what I'm eating and what it will add up to before I eat it.

Tonight should be a test of that, LOL. We're having three couples over for NY's eve, everyone is bringing something. Tried to make it LC friendly---we'll make grilled pork tenderloin and SF blackberry sauce to go over it. I made zoodles as well, and there's a green salad coming. But hubby's also making the cheesy potatoes by popular demand. I plan on a very small helping. I'll stick to cheese and celery for apps, I hope, and will try to skip dessert.

My goal is to come in at 50 carbs or under, and no more than 1600 calories, so a bit of a treat night, but not a big one. Dropped 1.5 pounds this AM. SIGH. Sure would be nice not to bit bloat back up tomorrow morning, but at least this is the last of the temptation nights for awhile to come.
Old 12-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #1767
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Blue! Had a pretty good day today. Did got out to get my driver's license renewed, luckily it only took 45 minutes. Then went to lunch at Culver's with my son. Had my usual bacon double cheesburger deluxe no bun and a diet pepsi. It was good. Then ate a whole chocoperfection dark chocolate almond bar for an afternoon snack. So I guess that was my birthday treat. Made "jalapeno" poppers for supper, as I didn't feel like going out, except the store was out of jalapenos so I used mini sweet peppers. Stuffed some with jalapeno cream cheese and some with colby jack cheese and sausage crumbles with some garlic powder mixed in. Very good. Now the rest of the evening will be relaxing at home. Boring, but that's ok with me. Hope your dinner party goes well. Happy 2014! Let's make it a great year.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #1768
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISTI!! Relax as much as ya can. Busy busy times are coming again for all of us. the holidays are over and it is back to the old grind

I read your posts guys. Sounds like you are all doing well.

I had a wonderful beach trip. LUCKILY for me I was not feeling well when hubby and kiddo went to the ALL YOU CAN eat crab legs and a million other foods buffet. I begged out and stayed at the rv. Slept a bit. Tummy was icky. Not sure why, I think I was just so friggin tired that all systems were shutting down So I missed a biggie on food during the trip.
I did well. I did eat some junky today on the drive home but I think all in all I should be ok.

Not going to weigh tomorrow. Gonna do very clean lc tomorrow with TONS of water and weigh in the next day to get a better reading of where I stand.

Misti, I so agree when ya chatted you want another 20 off. I am right there with you. I am resetting goals and getting my butt down to REAL WEIGHT LOSS business.

Blue, no spanish gold on this trip. Just some clad which totalled about $2.50 or so. My arms are dying. I walked miles and swung my ''somewhat'' heavy detector like crazy on all my days. My arms are noodles. talk about an arm workout.

Weather was fab. hubby caught a flounder in the surf that made him happy cause it is in the freezer for him to eat next week. he is a flounder lover! Kiddo had a blast a Ripley's aquarium. Nice place, walk under the tanks and see the sharks swim over you. very cool.

But so happy it is all over. gotta put away all the Xmas decorations. Bleck. Laundry to handle. Bleck. Gotta handle the rv cause Jan 8 it goes in for some small warranty work and I need to get that all done. Bleck.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS and we will do impressive work toward our goals I know!
Old 01-01-2014, 05:37 PM   #1769
Major LCF Poster!

Happy New Year's Gals!!!!! Couple of wishes/hopes/predictions for all of us...

Misti---So glad you had a birthday treat in the form of a chocoperfection bar. And I love how you are making the popper recipe work for whatever you have on hand. I say it to you all the time, but I think you really have it "in the wrist" when it comes to cooking. Which is my way of saying you have talents in this area I admire, ones I don't come easily by. I just think you really put the time and effort in the kitchen, which imo, every good LC woe needs as best we can do it.

And Misti---NO WAY, you're not going to meet your goals, ultimately, however long it takes. I can only know you in this slim universe, but I know enough to know nothing is going to stop you till maintenance. And that's a whole other conversation we'll have then.

Trigger---So happy to see you back! I always miss your spirit when it's not here.

"Just some "clad," I like knowing the language, as I said, this whole thing kind of fascinates me. And what I also hear, is that you walked miles and used your arms a lot. Nothing wrong w/exercise that we come by naturally out of that which we love, which imo, is the best kind of exercise. So glad you had such a fine time w/your family. These are the things that really matter, imo.

For you Trig, I see a smart, able and fierce spirit, who when she decides what will be, it WILL be. If you decide that it's time to drop some pounds again, God help what tries to stop you.

And for me, I see someone who still struggles with her love of food. Wish it just wasn't important to me, but it still is, if better than it used to be. For me, I see someone who is still just on the beginnings of her path to learn how to be a "foodie," in a healthy way. The good news is, I can see the path there. But, as far as I can also see, I will need to be vigilant w/out triggering my sense of deprivation. Now that's a hefty challenge!

I'm starting my new year on this woe three ways. 1.) I have resumed tracking, for now. 2.) I will read more, discover more, experiment more, in everything from LC recipes to LC techniques. 3.) I will keep up with my daily habit of being here, with you gals, and ANYONE who wants to join us. For me, talking to you gals is what is fun about all this, no matter how good we've been or not, and connected, and so positive.

So cheers my dears, and onward and downward to all of us. I look forward to another year w/my LC buddies!
Old 01-02-2014, 11:19 AM   #1770
Major LCF Poster!

boy you said a mouthful about 'the love of food' Blue. I so agree.

I truly and honestly think 'most' of us who change of way of eating for life WILL NEVER give up the constant struggle to cave. As much as I want healthy eating and all that goes with it, I still struggle also. I fear it will be a very very very long term struggle for me.

when I get a hankering for old comfort food, most times I can get by it easily. THEN there is that time that the 'what the heck' gets into your mind. And it is very easy for this to happen.

many and I mean many don't make lc long term. 'back on the wagon' is a term I see alot with 'ANY' diet change.

I almost went whole hog this morning. got home later yesterday, super tired, did laundry, unpacked most of rv etc. etc. etc. hubby and kiddo got a giant pizza and piggy sticks for dinner. I didn't eat. not hungry which was fine. Piggy sticks are the best crusty goodness loaded with bacon and cheese. OMG they are the bomb

went to bed at 2 am...up at 6 to get kiddo off to school, then more work etc. and then shower to deliver work to a retail store of mine who needed an order----then home around 12:30. STARVED AT THIS POINT.

I put 2 slices of pizza and 4 piggy sticks in the oven. Said 'who cares!' 'I DON'T' too tired to even think of cooking but wanted something hot. folded clothes for a second, ran to the oven, turned it off and put it back in the fridge. I said to myself, IF I DON'T POLICE myself no one will and then where will it get me? I know exactly where. 30 something lbs. right back on

I darn near fell asleep cooking bacon and eggs. AND A TON of it. slap full right now.

Believe me I was ticked off (and I want to write %#*& ***&% etc.) on how mad I was that life sucked that a person couldn't have 2 slices of pizza and a few piggy sticks without the world going to heck in a handbasket. I mean come on!!!!! But in the end I talked myself down and am 'normal again' right now HAHA

Tired is bad. Your willpower and common sense go out the window! Good thing I caught myself but I know for a fact that this will happen again and again. No way it isn't.

I felt cheated I didn't get my crab legs at the beach.
Cheated cause they ate 'goodies' on vacation I didn't.
Cheated cause food in the fridge is off limits --pizza and piggy sticks OMG!!!
Tired of policing myself.
Tired of trying to find ways to make it all believable to me that this will work long term.

I don't know. LOL

but one thing, I really do feel I can't give up lc in true abandon. a few screwups sure, but to dive head first back into how I used to eat isn't going to happen. Cause when I put all that in the oven, it wasn't long before it came out. I just couldn't eat it!!! I just couldn't. which I guess is a good thing

just rambling a bit. tired. but that will go away cause early sleep for me tonight. and tomorrow my thoughts will all be in the positive I am sure.

I am so glad you guys are here for me to blow off steam about things. it helps so much to chat away and someone comment and tell me all will be ok :\

Last edited by Trigger828; 01-02-2014 at 11:21 AM..
Closed Thread