Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #1621
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Yes, good luck Vanilla Latte, feel free to check in anytime!

I am not even thinking about bathing suits!! Actually this summer I found an awesome sale on swim shorts - I got several sizes for $11 each. I think the lowest I got was 18 or 20 though. So hopefully they will be too big by next summer! I also got some swim tops on sale at Target - down to size 16 I think.

Weight down or steady at 215 today. Still up 1.8 lbs. from my low but I am feeling more on track and not having the head hunger I was having a few days ago. So I think I am pretty well in the groove again. Would love to drop more this weekend.

Blue, we got some of Chocolite Peanut Butter Cup Patties and they are actually pretty good. Not exactly the same taste as Reese's but the carbs are so much better! One piece is about the size of a mini reeses and has 35 calories and 0 net carbs. A box has 32 pieces (16 packets). Expensive but worth having a box around for a once in a while urge.

I agree with Blue, Trigger, you will see 195 soon, just stick with the plan!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2013, 03:48 AM   #1622
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
pin up for seniors. you got that right you had me laughing good on that one.

Please tell me the catalog you found!! I am also the same with a long torso and suits are a nightmare. I hit the internet and even on that with zillions of sites the long torso are so limited. They usually are the ones with the granny skirts and uuuugggglllyyy finding nice suits with long torso can be so frustrating!

Misti glad you are out of the head hunger games! They can be annoying. One day you barely think even about eating, then boom, your mind is on whatever food ya can get your hands on and then it isn't even enough. I hate that!

Swim shorts. I can't wait to try some of those on this coming summer. I also want to try on tankini. that is something I don't buy but will try. Sadly for this old gal bikinis are out of the picture. ain't gonna happen.

Guys, anything single thing made with real sugar is a carb loaded nightmare.
I don't care if it is the size of a pea, sugar is gonna throw that carb count thru the roof for even a speck of a treat.

So I tried the Russell Stover sugar free chocolates again. I got tummy troubles when I ate them before but I was desperate for some chocolate treat so I tried them again. If I stop at 3 pieces, which is enough anyway, then my tummy can handle them. Last time I tried 5 pieces and it gave me tummy aches a bit and figured I couldn't handle them. I can handle 3 max and feel ok. They taste good to me! SO I bought all the varities they had and they squelch the need for chocolate at night. and I am losing while eating them.

for me I am rolling along doing fine. but the hot flashes are getting wild again. they come and go. hot then super freezing. and my mood is jumping around. got that wiggly/anxious/crazy feeling and want to kill then a bit later I am smiling and feeling free as a bird and over the top happy. Man oh man it is a trip for sure!!! I am ready for this to go away again!! It stinks!!

slipping off drinking enough water. relying on some diet sodas more and more. darn I gotta get off that kick and hit the old water again. Lately, constantly I got to remind myself of that. maybe with the menapause kicking back in I am forgetting to drink water? who knows.

hang in there everyone. come summer we will be so much better than where we are today!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #1623
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Misti---good work on the 215. Those "new lows" aren't always real, as we both know, at least not for awhile, as fun as they are too see the first time. Seems you're steadily working your way down to it and before you know it, you'll be talking about hitting 210.
Thanks for the Chocolite tip. Checked it out and there's a lot of good sounding bars there---any other's you'd rec? I've got a Net order building up and I think I'll try these. Not much of a sweet tooth most of my life, but more of one now on LC, and peanut butter cups were also one of the few kinds of candy I loved.

Trigger---The swimsuit catalogue was called Newport News, but I've been wearing the same suit I got from there for 2 seasons and when I googled it, I couldn't find it. However, if you google swimsuit - tall, several choices come up. I'm always looking for just a nice black tank suit, w/some support. I like simple. And I found a few of those in talls scouting around this morning. There were some other cute ones here and there without the old lady skirts, but I had to look at a lot of 'em to find a few I liked. It's out of season too, will be better in the spring.

OMG, I remember the worst of the meno--pause for a Joan of Arc moment. Fine one minute, and then like someone built a pile of logs at your feet and lit it the next moment. I'm mostly through w/it, but still get the night sweats now and then. AAAAAAAAND, you just reminded me to grab a glass of water!

190.1 this Am! Finally. You know, I've been dropping steadily from last week's bounce up to 194.5 all week. I'm thinking the stress of the last weeks was much of the bounce up culprit---I think I might have been producing cortisol in buckets, lol. Next stop, that 189 I saw a month ago. I'd like to be at 188 by Thanksgiving.

Going to see a movie w/my neighbor this PM, "About Time" a cozy little movie I hope, not looking for any thrills or chills, just want to relax. Will have a cup of popcorn, one kernal at a time, like I usually do, I hope anyway.

Cup of Chili from last night for lunch. It was fantastic w/the black beans and less of them. I melted cheese all over the top and a plop of sour cream. Mmmmmmmmm.

Neighbor and I are going to grab dinner after the movie, don't know where we're going, but it will be a clean LC night. Feeling motivated by seeing 190.

Hope y'all are chilling and relaxing a bit, Monday will be here all too soon.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #1624
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Blue. That is good swimsuit info for me. I will research into the newport news definitely. Yea, time to wait a bit for the new suits to hit the market. Now is parka time

WOW you are almost into the 180s. That will be fab when ya get there!!! Hold the course! You are doing fantastic.

Me, bleck. My daughters friend came over and her mom also. We chatted for a while, laughing and bs'ing and we hit the liquor. Darn beers. Had 4. Got a bloat on this morning.

I gotta stop this. I told her last night after I finished my last beer and got bloated up that I couldn't drink every time she popped over to chat LOL She was cool, she agreed cause she is a 'tiny little petite thing in a size 4' and she is making those 4's tighter, so she wants to cut back a bit and get more comfortable in her clothes. She doesn't want to hit a size 6. So she agreed time to not drink so much when chatting

whew. I felt like we were going to keep hitting the beers each time and I told hubby I couldn't keep doing this cause it is effecting my scale BIG time. But I think all is cool, chatting without the drinking. I mean I have a case of beer in the outside fridge for months on end (I have them for when we go camping) and it seems like I went thru that case in a few weeks. Huh....can't be letting that happen anymore.

So I seem to have my ducks back in a row and now I gotta fight this bloat and get the scale moving down down down. that is my goal. get this happening!!!!! I am not gaining but not getting anywhere also and I truly need to get my butt into the low 190s soon. I can't just keep staying here at this weight.

So all good. Time to get forward momentum again!
Old 11-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #1625
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---we sure don't want your friend to go from a 4 to a 6---good thing you're cutting her off those beers! Do you like vodka tonics (w/diet tonic and a nice squeeze of lime)? Can't have 4 of 'em, but one or two works, no carbs. I like gimlets too. So nice on a Friday night, (or on Sat. or Thurs, ha ha) to have a little sippa something to bring the shoulders down that doesn't cost any carbs. Hate to waste carbs on booze. You'll get that bloat off in no time, grab the water glass and stand at the kitchen sink and "get 'er done."

Had a lot of fun w/my neighbors yesterday. We saw "About Time," which I very much recommend. Sweet, funny, lovely, feel good film.

Had about two cups of popcorn, around 12 carbs, so good so far. Then the kids wanted to go to the Chinese buffet---sound familiar, Trigger? Didn't do too bad, no breaded stuff, noodles or rice. But I'm sure there were carbs in the sauces, had Mongolian beef and salt and pepper shrimp, cucumber and tomato salad and a tiny helping of my fave carby sesame chicken. Pretty sure I ended up over 40 carbs for the day. Not what I intended, but yay for saturday night fun.

This morning I was only a tiny bit up to 190.4. Whewwwww. So far today just a LC cheese quesadilla. My son is hot on a new wing spot called dspot, so he's going to bring us chicken wings from there for dinner. The menu is wild with about 40 flavors, ones you can't even imagine. I'm sticking with the dry rubs as I know how carby those wing sauces can be. And that will be it for me today.

One other fun thing. I tried on this fall knit dress I bought last summer on vacation. At that time it was an inspiration piece I thought would look good 5 pounds down from where I was. Well, now I'm 13 pounds down from when I bought it and tried it on for the first time since summer. WOW. It fits better than I ever dreamed. Falls perfectly, no lumps or bumps showing. Such a cool dress for work or out. HAPPY.

Where did the weekend go so fast?
Old 11-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #1626
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, Blue, can't wait until you see a new decade! It will be soon! A new wing place and an inspiration dress that fits well? Sounds like you've had an awesome weekend!

Trigger I hope you drop the bloat soon. I never liked beer so I'm glad it's not a temptation for me (though I drank plenty of it in college ).

Weekend was ok for me. I ate way too many calories yesterday, but the extra was all fat, so I think it's ok. Weight was steady this morning at 215. I didn't track today, so we'll see what that means for tomorrow. I don't feel I over-ate but I did eat a couple of sweet things I didn't intend to (sugar-free pudding and two Chocolite peanut butter cups). The only ones I've tried are the regular and white choclate peanut butter cups, Blue. The regular chocolate ones are better than the white chocolate. The white chocolate coating just tastes very sweet without having any real flavor. They have a chocolate caramel pretzel bar which is tempting but I haven't tried it yet. Their regular chocolate bars are decent too, and a good size for one serving, but I like the flavor of ChocoPerfection bars a bit better.

Can't believe the weekend is over either!
Old 11-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #1627
Major LCF Poster!

How is everyone today? I'm hanging in there. Just under 215 today though I've feeling dehydrated all day so I wouldn't be surprised to bounce up tomorrow as I am trying to drink plenty of fluids tonight. A new person started at work today so I was busy showing them the ropes. Calories a little over my goal today but not too bad. Just need to keep away from food the rest of the night, I'm feeling a little snacky. Hope everyone's week started off well!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:42 PM   #1628
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Thanks for the info on the Chocolite, have made note of it and am going to check out ChocoPerfection bars too. Don't eat a lot of this kind of stuff, as you know bread's my Achille's heel, but I need some options here and this helps.

I know that "snacky feeling," been without it for awhile and thankful for that. It comes, it goes. But as long as the snacks stay LC, even if it tips the calories up a bit, I think we're OK. We can't eat like robots in a perfect stream of just the right this and that day after day. LC eating doesn't banish mind hunger or every attack of "snacky." It just makes them happen much less often imo.

Down a teensy to 191.2 from 191.4. Which is only significant to me in that isn't a bounce UP. For me, "Bouncing Blue" as Trigger well named me, just hanging on to that new low for awhile is satisfying. Then I'll drop one of these days and start bouncing again. That's the way my body does it.

So I love to watch The Barefoot Contessa's shows on the Food Network when I can't sleep. I know it's crazy to watch something all about eating, but her shows are so calming to me and I appreciate her artistry with food. Last night she visited this place that made incredible meat ball sandwiches. And I thought, how can I do one of those LC.

Well, for lunch today, I took one of my Sara Lee low carb hamburger buns and buttered it up and toasted it. Then a slab of my husband's left over meat loaf (close enough to meatballs), added a TBLS. of his spaghetti sauce and a nice bit of mozzarella cheese, and toasted it till cheese was melted. Of course it wasn't the amazing buns from the show, but you know, it was YUMMY. Something new for me, and I love that.

Dinner was hubby's three pepper chicken over ZOODLES. Going to write a post in the ML
about this, so happy w/it.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:18 AM   #1629
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

yea Blue I gotta remember that also that LC doesn't banish boredom snacking
I can NOT be hungry and want to snack just 'because' and I hate that feeling but with LC it sure makes it more easy to say no. cause I am not hungry and if I hit more lc snacks I figure it is more ahead of the game than going hog carb wild.

keep the faith Misit. the scale will start to drop for ya. I am hoping for a drop here soon also.

Blue I love the barefoot contessa. I like her shows.

for me I am good. a bit heavy in cals. scale not moving much but it sure isn't going up and that is a good thing. Today is quiet, easy day and starting out with not hungry so that helps.

I am losing inches again WITHOUT the scale moving. I love love love that about LC. A thinner version at a heavier weight. can't go wrong with that. My pants are getting very loose again. My mom said my pants are getting too baggy and I said yea, I see it and it is time to get into my smaller sizes. all because lc is losing me some inches without the scale dropping a ton.

when you add up the effects of an LC diet, truly you can't go wrong. not being 'fluffy' is a plus. lc makes ya lean and I like that alot!

busy day today. gotta get the old butt in gear
Old 11-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #1630
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---SO happy to hear you're noticing the inches. Through my long period of bouncing between 192 and 195 or 6, everything was fitting a bit looser even if the scale said no go. This is the very example of how water weight, or whatever, can mask fat loss. I think this happens often as we bounce our way down the scale, and is so important to remember when the scale doesn't know sh*t from shinola, as our bodies are losing fat.

Love the mum telling you your pants are getting too baggy. Yes!!! And yeah, we don't like being "fluffy." Love that too.

Misti---How are your doin' girl?

Today was a good day in general, always welcome on a Monday. Got a lot done for work---things sailing a bit more smoothly there---and just spent about an hour shopping on line for an artificial Xmas tree. What a process.

We want a certain height and we like "skinny" trees, and we want it pre-lit---nuff years doing the lighting w/the endless cords and sockets, which has always been my job as hubby does not have the patience for it. Our last artificial tree was done last Xmas after 5 years. We flirted w/the idea of getting a real one, but once you learn you don't have to sweep up or vacuum, needles for months, it's hard to turn back. Have a couple book-marked, kind of feeling like doing something different this year, and leaving our boxes of long collected ornaments in the attic, just for a change, and being more simple. We do a 5 ft. tree we put on a big round table in the corner of our living room. I love decorating under that tree, as much as the tree...all my favorite old Christmas books, a small collection of snow globes, and pix of our family in Xmas pasts. Heh, thanks for listening, you can tell my head is still deep in this.

What do y'all like to do for a tree, or if you don't do the holidays that way, what do like to do to decorate? I like to keep it simple, great tree and lots of candles.

Two small steamed artichokes w/butter and mayo for lunch. Pork chop and "baked beans for dinner." My husband has been experimenting w/LC black soy beans and he's come up w/something I like almost as well as regular molasses beans. He's learned to make the texture mushier, in a good way---black soybeans are for lack of a better term, crisper than the usual baked bean. There's a touch of sugar in a helping, because of the molasses, but not much and they're quite good. Another way to make a high carb thing you loved, a low carb thing you like!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:51 AM   #1631
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did pork also for dinner. A big pork roast. Ate too much of it cause it was delish. The scale is up a bit. WHAT IS IT about pork that nails me? LOL well not worried, it will go away. I know if I overeat on pork a bit this happens but it goes away quickly and still is LC so I am fine with it all

AHHH, the dreaded change on the Xmas tree! Hubby is pushing very hard for a pre-lit skinny tree. That is so funny when I read that. My tree is 16 years old and in perfect condition. I loved it when I bought it way back then and love it now! I can't bring myself to get rid of a perfectly great tree ''just'' to have another and it is driving hubby crazy that he can't get a new one. I also am tired of the lights cause I do it too, but I figure if it is one time per year I can handle it. He is ALMOST swaying me to get a new one, but in the end I fall back to my old time fav tree and am hanging on without replacing it.

We used to do real a long long time ago but I hate the needles etc. and those real trees are getting very expensive for a one time use.

We decorate pretty big outside still cause kiddo is 8 and she loves it. And I have to say it is pretty. I love outside lights. No blow ups. For some reason I hate those blow ups, especially when they are deflated on people's lawns HAHA I have the old time decorations and use those. Inside I use small cute decorations and kiddo has a PINK small plastic tree we put up on a table in her playroom. She decorates that by herself and it is so cute.

Inside I put up a few strings of the garland with lights over the doorways. Just a touch without going overboard. I always remember what goes up, gotta come back down and you know I do all that work LOL

I love the holidays. AND GUESS WHAT? All my shopping is almost done. a few more small things and all the holiday stress is over for me. I start in oct and finish about now and it is all good not worrying about crowds etc and I can easily enjoy the days near the main holiday without going crazy.

off to dentist again this morning. Her spacer broke last night. 2nd one. good thing is that tooth is finally coming in and once this spacer is taken out today, she shouldn't need another. so busy morning. will stay LC all the way today!!
Old 11-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #1632
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---LOL, I hate those inflatables too. Reminds me of car dealers. And it's not a good luck when they lose their air, like a drunk santa or snowman. Also love outdoor lights but we don't do any. Our neighbor across the street does a nice display that we enjoy through our front windows---they sure got the bad end of the stick, LOL. Can't believe you've got your shopping all done! haven't even begun. I do a lot of mine on line these days, which I actually enjoy. Cozy at home and "window shopping" my way to just the right things---in my jammies in front of a nice fire. Now that's the way to shop.

I think pork has more salt in it, which is why you probably just have a couple pounds of water bloat going on. That will roll right off and hopefully take a couple more pounds with it.

189.7 this AM. YES!!! It was about a month ago I saw that number and it's back. My weight has been in a more steady downward or hold path the last 2 weeks, which doesn't mean this won't bounce up again, but I feel I'm on my way into the 180s sooner than later. In NSV news, put my winter coat on and it's WAY too big and boxy. Loved it too, a frisky little red number. But I'm not wearing big and boxy, that's my treat to myself, to wear clothes that fit well and show my weight loss instead of hiding it. So, found a very cute coat on line today, excellent sale price, plus good promo code,from Macy's. Hope it fits and I like it.

Artichokes for lunch, steak and salad tonight for dinner. Have the day off tomorrow! Lovely.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:56 PM   #1633
Major LCF Poster!

Yea, Blue! (Back to) a new decade and I agree with you, even if you bounce you should consider youself in the 180's now. And good for your for getting yourself a new coat! That's a great way to treat yourself and we certainly need good winter coats here in the midwest.

Trigger, I am totally jealous you have your Chrismtas shopping almost done. I have bought one book for DS and that's it. My husband's bday is November 30, so it is hard for me to think beyond that when I haven't done anything for his bday yet.

As for trees, we always get a real one. I let DH deal with putting it up and taking it down. He also waters it. I think he even decorated it by himself last year, as DS and I weren't very interested! I am not great with holidays if you can't tell!!

So....I saw a new low today! I am claiming 213, though I saw 212.6 a couple of times but the scale was very wonky and I saw higher numbers too. But, I was 213 again when I came home after work. I really, really hope this sticks and keeps moving down. I last saw 213.2 around 3 weeks ago, so that is long enough bouncing for me.

I am jealous for those of you who lose inches even if you don't lose weight. Doesn't happen for me. My pants are much looser now than when I was up 5 lbs. from my low very recently. I already have size 18's waiting in my closet for pants. I think another 5 lbs. and I will be able to start wearing them.

And Blue, I finally made the LC Asian Zing sauce and put it on wings for supper tonight. It was very good. DH gives it two thumbs up! He wants me to mix up some and keep it in the fridge so he can use it on already cooked chicken for lunches and other things. I calculated on my tracker that it works out to about 1 net carb per wing, and I was shocked how low the calories are. I have calories left over for a little snack tonight if I want even after eating 8 wing halves. Thank you for the recipe!! With your enthusiam for zoodles I might end up trying those next, even though zuchini is not something I am overly fond of. What do you think?!

Last edited by Mistizoom; 11-13-2013 at 05:57 PM..
Old 11-14-2013, 04:36 AM   #1634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

LOL drunk santa, I can see that when they kinda deflate a bit and are wobbly. Plus most don't last 2 holidays. you know plastic is gonna be a short term investment. Why pay $229 for a plastic decoration and get 2 years out of it and then into the garbage. I can't part with my money that way

Blue I hope that coat fits. I also have coat problems. I put on my FAV brown demin coat I got from Macys a few years ago. I AM ALMOST INTO IT. it is tight in the arms and I can barely button it next early spring, I will be rocking that coat again and I can't wait. being southern, while cold out, my heavy coats are needed until like January. But I got to try them on and see where I stand. probably too big and like you, I have a desire to have clothes that fit now.

CONGRATS on that 189. You are getting this whole thing done and that is fab!!

Shopping is easy tho. I got kiddo who is 8 and she has a list. So easy to get that filled and done in one trip to toys R us lol hubby is simple. one present only and he gets me one and we are done. a small token gift for all the parents cause they don't want or need anything. my friends and me have decided we aren't trading this year. just like above, we can buy whatever we need whenever we want, so why bother. Instead just have a great lunch with a few drinks and have a blast. My kinda fun time.

I love buying online also. can be addictive. I gotta be careful I don't have the world being shipped to my house LOL

Misti---5 lbs and you will change a size! That is great. Work hard on those 5 lbs gone cause when you get into that lower size it will make you feel like a million bucks!!! It is a great little goal to change sizes and fit into smaller clothes. A mental pick me up

I am just hanging here. No loss. I ate a bit heavy again. All lc foods. WHAT was nice is that I ate like a maniac literally, stuffed to the gills all day, was easily staying with LC foods, and the scale didn't move. I thought, WOW with what I ate, wasn't hungry, happy with the food and no gain---this is the way to go long term. something I know I can maintan thru life. I mean I get all the food I want to stuff myself and hold steady on the scale. win win for me.

but I gotta get moving down now. So I am doing meat and eggs for 2 days to get the system in gear to drop a few on the scale. I need a small kicker to get past the same number on the scale.

Should be good. No more pork for a bit even tho I love it. I got a ham planned for thanksgiving so I will stay away from it til then and stick with chicken and beef right now.

off to get a ton of things done. no rest for the weary
Old 11-14-2013, 11:53 AM   #1635
Major LCF Poster!

Mist--- 213!!! Yay! I know what you mean when the scale gets wonky, like it's almost going to go lower then decides to go fatter, lol. I see those flashes of lower numbers and I think "where ya going so fast?!" Ha. You'll be hitting 210 soon and feel the difference. For me when I've lost 5 pounds from a set point like I had the last month, I can see it and feel it. Maybe you should think about shopping for a fun Xmas outfit that will fit great by Xmas Eve! Thinking about doing that myself.

SIGH. I do miss a real tree, but not the mess and the drying out. I get real greens for the mantle so we still get the aroma. I plant candles in different shape glasses in the pines, and done with my decorations, except for the tree. Still grappling with which one to get. Love it when it's done though, as simple as I do it. With the tree and the mantel sparkling with light, and a fire in the fireplace, it's so lovely, and enough for me. Like Trigger says, what must come up, must come down and be put away. Over the years we've gotten simpler and simpler with it and enjoying what we do do more.

Glad you liked the Asian zing wings. Thanks for the reminder, need to get my husband to make these soon. On the zoodles. Maybe you got a chance to read my post on it in the recipe help room? if not give it a peak---there's a nice embed now that shows the four different kind of zoodlers. I have the sprooli and am glad I got it after watching the demo.

As I say there, not a big fan of zucchini either, but never hated it, just neutral. I think a lot of the reason I love the zoodles is how I prepare them. The oven drying makes a difference as it wicks out the moisture so they're not soggy. Then of course the butter,garlic and onions (till brown and crispy), hard to go wrong. You could just use a peeler and experiment before you invest in a zoodler, but harder to get the water out this way and you don't get that nice round twistable on a fork noodle. Love the texture. Worth a try. If you find a way you like it, it's such a good base for so may things.

Trigger---Good job on staying on the LC foods. Sounds you're having a hungry week, they come, they go. Bet by next week you'll be back to more appetite suppression. Fingers crossed for you for a nice 2 pound drop. So motivating.

Ha, yeah one does have to stop the fingers from doing the walking online. I got on a bad jag of it last winter and one day my husband asked if we were getting re-married as the UPS truck was here every day.
Finally got that splurge time paid off, and now I have tricks to stop the fingers from being so naughty...like a one day waiting/cooling off period before purchase, LOL. "Slow down girl!", that's my new online mantra.

It's going to be fun to share a bit of the holidays with you gals this year.

Down to 189.0 this morning, from 189.7 yesterday. It's been a much less busy and stressful week, and I'm getting my water in. Stress, not enough water---I really feel these things slowed me down. Bouncing is normal for me, but that amt of time in the same place is not normal---although may become more so as I get closer to goal.

I have the day off today, so I'm just chatting away here. Don't know about lunch or dinner yet. Had my BPC, not hungry. Maybe a small salad for lunch. Hubby is out tonight, so maybe a JJ's unwich. Feeling lazy, and it's a nice luxury.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #1636
Major LCF Poster!

OMG, when I saw my post come up I couldn't believe it! This one gets the prize for longest ever. Guess my fingers still won't be reined in
Old 11-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #1637
Major LCF Poster!

Aw, your post wasn't too long Blue! What you write is always very interesting. I did see the Recipes post about the zoodles and zoodle makers. I'm going to take a look at the video. Hope you had a relaxing day today off work.

Great job sticking with LC foods Trigger. I am doing the same even though I still feel like eating more than I should. But using the tracker is stopping me from way overeating my calories.

Scale was up a tiny bit today, but I'm not going to worry about it. I will just stay on track with eating and the scale is what it is.

I also definitely do a lot of holiday (and other) shopping online. I have Amazon Prime and ShopRunner (which I got for free) so between them I hate paying for shipping anywhere else. I think the only place I am willing to pay for shipping is Netrition since it is so reasonable.

Have a great night. So glad tomorrow is Friday!
Old 11-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #1638
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Hmmmm...never heard of ShopRunner so I had to google it and take a peeky. FUN, and free shipping. So thanks and on my desktop it goes.

Annnnnnnnd it's Friday! Hope you gals are going to have a nice relaxing evening, or a barrel of fun out, whichever, happy Friday. I do have to work for a couple of hours tomorrow but it's a personal design consultation with a great client. We have so much fun I almost hate to charge her. I said almost. Anyway, doesn't feel like work, I actually look forward to it.

Had a way too salty salmon salad for lunch and won't be surprised if I'm up a couple of pounds tomorrow. Drinking lots of water, but man I'm sure I'd float easy if you through me in a pool. Tonight it's cheeseburgers, I'll have one on a LC bun, and one bunless if I'm still hungry, as no side dishes tonight.

Looking forward to a nice weekend and wishing one for my LC gal pals too!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #1639
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hit the buffet with a friend while shopping and ate too much
sodium bloat. I stayed lc all the way. some pork, piece of baked chicken, giant salad loaded wtih all the good things. She had mac and cheese, fried chicken and salad. Ate least I stayed all LC! got home and munched out on some pistachios last night--alot of them darn it.

So I am being good but not my simple home cooked meals. eating out nails me even if I am lc all the way, then hitting the nuts is never good for me.

So back on track today. Eating very light lc. I can control it and am hanging ok on the scale...but this whole stupid journey is getting the lbs OFF. not maintaining but in a way, it is a social time of the season, so maintain isn't a bad thing for me either.

I told my friend who later said, lets go out to dinner, NO WAY. This is the gal who I have been having the beer fest with I told her my whole objective is too lose more weight, so I said that I have to change things to get that happening. It is all about the weight loss for me right now and it is very important. She got it. Plus why waste money on eating out later that day when my gut was so full from that buffet I couldn't consider another meal.

ugh. I gotta get into a loss mode again seriously. But I am good. Not worried. I still got my eye on the final goal and it will happen.

good note is I got into a few shirts that were tight before so it gave me more options to wear out in public. I like that. the inches are going slowly still.

I like your post on the main board Blue.

hang in there guys.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #1640
Major LCF Poster!

Happy weekend! Very glad it is here, especially because I saw a new low today of 211.4! Very happy about that, I really feel back on track.

Sorry you're up Trigger but you should be proud of yourself for sticking to LC when eating out even in the face of mac n cheese! We ate out last night too, at Chili's, and I had a few chips and salsa but did mangage to stop myself at a few. For some reason those filled me up, I have no idea why, so I only ate half of my chicken entree, my blue cheese dressing for the salad with a few bites of lettuce, and skipped the plain broccoli it was served with. So overall I very well with dinner despite eating out, and I will have leftovers for lunch today. I hear you on the nuts. I have been good about tracking and completed my tracking for the day yesterday, then went and scarfed down some peanuts and didn't enter them. It seems I have either peanuts or almonds (or both) pretty much every day. I usually fit them in, but yesterday I didn't track them. Know I was over my calories because of that. I do think it is better to overeat on LC foods if you are going to. Any gain will be sodium bloat as you say and it will come off again quickly.

Blue, ShopRunner usually isn't free unless they are running a special or you can find a promo code, but they usually do so at this time of year. Because of that I've gotten it free for the past two years, then this year there is a promo if you have an AmEx card it is free forever it sounds like, so renewed through the AmEx link on their site and now I have no expiration date on my account. It's pretty handy for some items that I can't get on Amazon, or if the prices on Amazon are outrageous which happens sometimes.

Have a great Saturday!
Old 11-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #1641
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Thanks for the nice word about my post. Although seems I failed to mention how much my husband does of that fresh cooking. But seriously, I have never cooked so much in my life, and I'm learning what I like to make and eat. Fresh and well spiced, much of it simple to prepare, but delivers on taste.

GROAN---those buffets. They are a danger field. But you stayed LC and that's the important thing. Satisfying yourself without welcoming back the carb craveys. I hope the holidays see some loss for me, but like you, it may at some point shift into maintaining, once those parties and get togethers started.

Misti---Yep, you're on the motor down again. 211 is just an eensy from 210, then you start the countdown to onderland! Bet that will be here sooner than you think.

4 hour consultation today, and very fun as I knew it would be, did beautiful things to her living room. But I'm tired from all that and now we're on our way out to dinner with hubby's brother and his wife. Steak house type place so I'll be fine. So far just a small bowl of stawberries and vanilla flavored cream. So very good. Still have the bulk of my carbs left to enjoy tonight.
Old 11-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #1642
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Misti, I congratulate you on stopping with just a few chips/salsa. I find those so addictive I can barely eat only 1 without polishing off the whole dish. It is something I can't control myself around at all You did good eating out. Eating out can be very hard sometimes.

Blue, again that stupid eating out at the buffet got me again! My brother flew down from NJ on friday. I didn't think me and kiddo would go out to eat with them last night, but it ended up we were there for dinner. I thought I was going to visit all day and leave before they went out to eat, but the day changed and we went to a chinese buffet. UGH. Well I did great again. boiled shrimp, giant salad and a few slices of grilled steak (no heavy sauce, just like an au jus and tasty). Hubby was off on his 4 day hunting trip so I figured why not just stay late, go out to eat and have fun. I did!
Your steak house dinner sounds yummy.

But we went back and played cards and had some fun with a few beers. HOLY. I gotta stop this and now LOL the social thing is getting me right now. this stupid Nov/Dec time is just a fun time with food nightmares trying to get me along with those stupid beers for a bit of fun.

but I am holding. I ate little yesterday actually.

But I am not losing and this is not cool anymore. I gotta get a few lbs off and get lower on the scale. If I get too complacent in just staying here, I will eventually start to 'not care a bit' and gain up some. I KNOW ME!

OK---right now looking at the week ahead I have nothing planned. All quiet on this front (SO FAR!) so this week is meat and eggs today and tomorrow then very low weight loss meals for the rest of the week. Maybe I can move a bit down and get it to be a new low and stick there for a bit. AH, I gotta work all angles down the scale anyway I can.

stay strong guys. best we can do!
Old 11-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #1643
Major LCF Poster!

TRIGGER---You did very well at the buffet. But I suppose those beers can get you. I don't drink beer, don't like it, so I don't know how my body would react--- it seems to like vodka though,

Yeah the social thing is hard, and this time of year all the celebrating around food. But we can do this. The number one enemy is gaining, maintaining is better but not as much fun. And yes, I think losing weight is fun! I try to balance that against the "eating too much is fun" concept and when you think about it , eating too much doesn't have a lot to offer up against losing weight.

So gals, here's my naughty side and some of the fun in losing weight. last night we had dinner out at a terrific place with hubby's brother and wife. My SIL is a good person but she is one of those people who cannot give a compliment, and is very competitive. She has never acknowledged my weight loss, but I catch her giving me the eye, noticing the loss plenty. She knows I'm doing low carb, never asks about it, ignores the whole deal, but talks a lot about various diets she's doing---the latest was "forks and knives" which sorry, but I find kind of silly. And like all the other ones, it hasn't worked. She is quite over weight and still gaining. So I enjoy wearing my most slimming things when I see her. Catching her checking me out is the compliment she can't deliver. Wish she was more generous that way, but it is what it is, so I have some fun with it.

All that said, did well out last night, surf and turf, blue cheese steak and walleye, yum. Green beans, salad. Then like you, Trigger, had a stumble at their house after dinner. They served Baily's and I had about 14 carbs worth. It's actually less carbs then I would have thought. Rest of day was pretty good, so no biggie, but still bounced up to 192 this am. Almost 3 pounds. Oh well, bottoms up with the water today and hopefully I'll motor it right back down this week.

Gloomy day out today, perfect day for getting cozy on the sofa and reading. Hope y'all have a lovely Sunday.
Old 11-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #1644
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

''forks and knives''---what kind of crazy dieting plan is that one? Never heard of it. WOW, in the olden days I would find info on that and give it a try! No more of that for me ever. LC is the way to go. It works and we eat like queens!

I love you said you enjoyed having her check ya out. Yet she couldn't ask you about it. People are so funny and limiting with the emotions. If she could put her pride down she could ask ya how you are doing it so easily and eating so good, and she could do it also. Yet she can't ask ya more about the lc way. So sad. I know you feel good showing off the weight loss to her! Go Blue. I would have loved to see her reactions actually..lol

I used to drink bailys. YUM. like a dessert. The social thing does catch us in the butt sometimes. Drink up the water baby! I will be doing it today also

easy day for me. busy a bit but nothing should get in my way for an easy eating day. Time to rock the scale down a few lbs. of bloat from eating out and get a handle on it.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #1645
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like we are all bouncing! Oh well, weekend is done now time to get back on track for the week. Blue, I will say the Bailey's sounds like it was worth it. And 14 carbs isn't too bad especially since you stayed on track earlier in the day, AND made your SIL jealous! Trigger, is there such a thing as a low carb beer? I have no idea, and somehow I doubt if there was it would taste very good! I am up a bit today but I did not track this weekend and ate very high cal on Saturday. I made two cups of LC "sweet and spicy" pecans and ate at least half of them. DH ate the other half. Nuts are definitely one of my LC downfalls.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:45 PM   #1646
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Yeah, the SIL has always been that way. Years ago we gutted our kitchen and redid the whole thing and she managed not to say one word about it. Walked in when it was done and said "hmmmm." That was it. "Hmmmm" has been a joke between the hubby and I ever since. I actually feel bad for her about it. Giving someone a sincere compliment is such a great gift---to see how happy it makes people to feel good about themselves is a joy she's missing out on.

Glad you've got an easy day. Are you doin' the meat and eggs thing?

Misti---I'm almost afraid to ask for that LC sweet and spicy pecan recipe, but I'll swallow my fear and say, wow, I'd love that recipe. Love sweet and spicy, lot pecans. Don't do terrible with nuts, might with these, but I have to try them. They sound so delish.

Weekends are great for fun, harder for eating. Monday's are for getting back on track, and these days that actually feels good to me. Read in another thread that you do one higher carb meal a week, and while I don't plan on it, that's turns out to be true of me too, at least I try to keep it to one. But I think that's good, for a lot of reasons.

I bounced down today to 191.1. Looks like I'm going to lose from 193 to 189 one more time, lol. Hoping the third time is the charm.

Made myself the best lunch today, an idea from a gal in the ML. Took crunchy fresh romaine leaves, put generous mayo all down the spine of each, then a squeeze of lemon down each, then 2 crispy pieces of bacon, sliced tomato and hard boiled eggs. Wrapped the lettuce around as I ate each filled leaf, so yummy and crunchy, didn't miss the bread one bit. Satisfying and filling, and a new go to lunch at home for me!

Oh, and Trigger, on the bacon thing. You said you fry up a bunch at one time, and I just wondered if you've ever tried baking your bacon? If you have two big cookie tins with a lip, you can do 14 to sixteen strips at a time. Just layer the whole pan w/tin foil, including lip, lay them out, put them in the oven at 400 for about 15-20 mins. depending on your oven. Then when they're how you like them, take 'em out, drain fat, let sit for a bit to crisp up and they're beautiful. Straight and perfect and crispy. You then just throw out the tin foil and your pan is hardly touched except for a bit of grease, easy clean. LOVE doing my bacon this way, as it doesn't spatter all over the stove top, and you get the nice perfect pieces instead of what happens when I fry in a pan, all twisted up or broken.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:47 PM   #1647
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---meant to say one higher CAL day, not "carb day."
Old 11-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #1648
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Misti---meant to say one higher CAL day, not "carb day."
Yes, I definitely do not do higher carb days!!
Old 11-18-2013, 02:29 PM   #1649
Major LCF Poster!

Google "Five Minute Sweet Spiced Pecans" - it's under Low Carb Diets at about.com
Old 11-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #1650
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Got it, sounds delish and so easy, and really, at 1 NC per 1/4 cup not bad at all. I have long sauteed chopped walnuts in butter and sugar for salad toppings, but haven't done them since going low carb and mean to try them w/splenda. So now I will try these. YUM. Thanks.

OK gals, tonight was amazing and I wanted to share it with you because it's so about everything we're working towards.

I have this group of old friends, 4 of us, now spread out all over the cities and our lives grown apart. But we still get together 4 times a year for dinner, have for 25 years,in honor of each of our birthdays, although we rarely get close to our actual birthdays, due to busy lives and schedules. Tonight was my birthday dinner, even though my birthday was in July. But we just keep on keepin' on whenever we can no matter how far behind we are.

We call ourselves the Birthday Club and since I told ya'll about my SIL, I thought I'd tell you about the other side, warm generous women who made such a fuss over me tonight that it really made me blush. They were so complimentary, my fave comment was "you look healthier and younger." HAPPY SIGH. Can't beat that.

Of course after all that, I was a very good girl about what I ate, couple of bites of a shared dessert with a candle on it, otherwise very good LC night out.

But I just wanted to note that driving home tonight, I just felt so good. We had a great time and a lot of laughs as always and of course that was part of it. But I hear their words ringing in my ear, and their loving encouragement, and I feel SO blessed, and so happy to be on this journey of finding a healthier, lighter me, a person who feels so much better about herself than she did a year ago at this exact time.

I think when we grab a goal, focus on it, and excuse the phrase, bite into it and not let go, and then see and feel the rewards, it spreads to so many other areas of feeling more confident in ourselves.

The goal and focus we share is getting healthier, lighter, and looking and feeling better. And no matter what we go through---the ups, the downs, the bouncing, the good days and not so good days, the battles with our patience and the efforts we make to evolve and grow into a better way of eating for ourselves ARE SO WORTH IT. Just gotta just say so on a good night.

So to the LCOW musketeers, Trigger, Misti and me, cheers to being on this path together! It's a good one.
Closed Thread