Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 08:58 PM   #1561
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Hello,
Hope all are doing well.
Trigger, you have had it bad, girl !!! Hope you can eat something soon.Feel better !!!!
BLUE,glad to hear you are holding steady on your weight. Good for you !!!
JOEY, Happy to see you back. So Sorry about your brother. Will pray for him.
MISTI, Hope you are doing well.
The protein Powder I have is :: SIX STAR PRO NUTRITION WHEY ISOLATE PLUS: ELITE SERIES DECADENT CHOCOLATE. It says one scoop has 2 carbs. The scoop is 80 cc so I use half of a scoop. I use 8 ounces of SF Almond Milk it has less than one carb. That makes my shake to be 2 carbs. I have an old slim fast shaker I use to shake it in. I add 2 ice cubes. It is keeping me full for hours. It taste pretty good to me. A bit malty. I got it at Wal-Mart.
Well, ladies it has turned cold here in Tenn.It is going to frost tonight. It is supposed to snow in the higher elevations of the Smoky Mountains. Not much, though. I think we are in for a bad winter.
Hope everyone has a great night !!!
Jaded---thanks for the info, and for telling me what you mix it with. I've never used Almond milk so this will be interesting. And I love "malty" so this might be for me. Bookmarked it and will look for it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-2013, 09:18 PM   #1562
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Joey so sorry to hear about your brother. sending prayers out to your family! hard times. I hope all goes well and things take an upturn! take care of yourself also.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:21 PM   #1563
Major LCF Poster!

I have to hit walmart tomorrow. I will buy this and the SF almond milk. I, like Blue, have never tasted it. I hate regular old milk, wondered if almond milk was worse
we shall see! at least the protein powder is chocolate and tastes malty. I like that!
I would love a shake to keep me full for a long time. I like the idea of it.

haven't eaten hardly anything today. just picked a few things.

I stepped on the scale earlier and I have lost nearly 7 lbs ah, it was easy. NOT HAHA

but I am taking advantage of it anyway I can.

Blue, so true about 'seeing yourself smaller'. LC does that. loses those inches even if that scale doesn't move a ton. A REAL PLUS to this way of eating!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 09:27 PM   #1564
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Krimeri20
Stats: 206/173/140
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: September 1, 2013
Anyone had the quest bars? So awesome... So low in carbs for most of them!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:41 AM   #1565
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded I got unsweet almond milk.....hmmm...on the fence LOL not sure if I like it or not HAHA

and I got the protein powder. I had tons of clumps and I stirred like mad. I guess I gotta get out the blender for this one.

I made a small one to try it. Hmmm....on the fence again---I know, crazy!!! I just can't seem to decide it if was good or not. I kinda got an aftertaste of something ?? but I was wondering, do you think the almond milk tasted kinda coconut like? It seemed like that to me. I gotta read the ingredients LOL

but I got it down and hoping it stuffs me up. thanks for all the info.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #1566
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
HI,
I hope everyone is having a great day. Mine is going okay.
TRIGGER, I have not tasted the almond milk. I pour in 8 ounces of AM, add 1/2 scoop of powder,2 small ice cubes and shake for at least 30 seconds. I have no lumps and taste good to me. Did you put the powder in the bottom ??? I bet it would not mix well by stirring it.You might try a blender. Maybe our taste are much different. You might try putting in some vanilla extract. Just a thought. I hope you end up liking it. WOW !!! On your 7 pound drop !! That is great.
BLUE Hope you are doing well.
MISTI hope you are doing well.
KIMERI 20, I have had the QUEST BARS. I did not care for them. They were too hard for me and did not like the taste. I could eat them, just not great.I much prefer Atkins Bars.
I hope we all have a great weekend.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #1567
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---7 pounds down!!!! Wowza. Heck of a way to get there, but like we said, silver linings and all that. You are in a great tee off position to just keep on goin' down. On the protein powder/mixing thing---nothing's good when it's clumpy---I have one of those little slim little hand mixers, use it for my BPC. Cost me about $20 and it's a little whirring wonder. You could do it w/a blender but what a hassle to take out and then wash. Love my little whirly wonder, so easy to clean, just run her under the water. Jaded's way sounds good too. But sounds like you're not sure whether you like the taste or not, but will be interested to here if it kept you sated for awhile. There's all kinds of proteinn powders in all kinds of flavors, but I like that this one w/Almond milk is so low carb.

Later on a Friday night here, and just in from a night out to dinner w/a gal pal. So happy it's the weekend. Had a good day on the woe, although had a bad taco salad for lunch, so I didn't eat much of it. Had Chicken marsala for dinner out, hadn't had that in a long time and it was yummy. Think I'll have to see if I can get the hubs interested in making this---LOL, he's pretty happy to do anything to keep me out of HIS kitchen, it's been tough on him having me in there experimenting since I started my LC woe. He's such an orderly guy, everything in its place etc, and I'm kind of a flakey whirl wind in the kitchen. Drives him crazy, but he's getting used to it. And he actually likes some of what I've been making. So old married couple that we are, we are still adjusting, which I keep trying to tell him makes life more interesting.

Hope we all have a lovely fall weekend ahead, full of good LC foods, and happy times.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:34 AM   #1568
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded I put in on top of the milk and stirred. not great results but I will definitely try again and make it better I was trying a little to taste and made a mess mostly HA

Blue it is great you got the kind of hubby that watches you go flakey in the kitchen!
Life is all about change. adapt or die right

today I got a kid day. around 4 I have 3 kids coming for a sleepover. We are going out to dinner and then hitting the HAUNTED house to spook everyone. Terror by the Creek. Hope these 8 year olds can handle it LOL The parents said they could, we shall see

feel alot better. moving a tad slow but all is coming around. Keeping the weight off which I love. Finally big time back in the zone. took this misery and turned right around to get me back on a solid track.

last night after my taco salad I wanted something sweet. NOPE. didn't do it. not even my sf lc stuff. avoid avoid as long as I can to get a good control back.

All that vacation weight gained, the goofing around with 5-8 lbs up and down, finally I am approaching the ONEderland again. WOO H OO. a few more days and boom, I will be there at my weight listed on my stats.

Sounds like all of us are back into the swing of things and having good times!! Lets keep plugging away and working our magic
Old 10-26-2013, 10:58 AM   #1569
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Some of those haunted house things scare me to death! Took my son to a particularly scary one once, and I was practically hyperventilating by the time I got out of there, LOL. Have fun, glad it's not me.

Sounds like you've got a new wing under your wings on the woe. Good work just saying NO to the untidy nighty snacking. Couple more pounds to onderland, yay!

So gals, although the scale remains in a rut---bounced up to 194 today---I have been feeling slimmer, as I mentioned the other day. Today I went through all my fall pants and jeans to uncramp drawers and wow, couldn't believe it!

4 pairs I was wearing fine JUST 4-6 weeks ago---maybe a bit lose, but ok---are now absolutely too baggy to wear. In the bum, the thighs, and the hips particularly, the waist is always the last to loosen up for me. But they all looked...just too big on me.

I don't take my measurements because my clothes always do that for me, and it's great to see that while I feel stuck on the scale, my feeling that I'm slimmer is also true. Going for the NSVs these days.

Making a yummy LC pizza for lunch. Fried up LC tortillas, w/swiss cheese and fried onions, couple of drops of hot sauce. Love these little pizzas of mine, so many different things you can do with them. Putting less cheese on them for now, baby tweak to get that scale to move. But not that much less.

Tonight is a b'day party for a colleague. Glad it starts early, 5, cause I want to be home and cozy by 8 or 9. No idea what they're serving, hoping for the best.

Hope it's as gorgeous where you guys are as it is here!
Old 10-27-2013, 07:36 AM   #1570
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your party was fun Blue! I am so pumped to be reading about how much thinner and leaner your body is without the carbby fluff It makes me so happy to be reading this info cause it just cements in the greatest about low carb. Back to what nature intended a hard leaner body made by food. works for me!!

the haunted trail was fun. LOUD screaming and flashing strobe lights and it was fun going thru the tight gristmill set up as a butcher chamber the kids loved it. no one got super scared, it was just low key enough for their age. All in all a good time.

we ate out and I had buffalo wings and side salad. the chili cheese fries were everywhere with fried seafood for hubby and hushpuppies. I didn't sway or even care.
My mind really is abuot low carb again. I am slowly coming to the realization that one has to be at peace with their choices and I am saying to myself that now I AM A LOW CARB eater and my food choices are important to me. Stay the course til the grave I choose this way, I will live it. It is getting easier for that to stick with me.

New low on the scale!!! My carbby bloat gut is all but gone. got that leaner feeling. I am so close to my stats. I gave myself a goal of a week to be dead on my stat number and then lower it fast and keep rocking down that scale.

It is all good guys. We can live this long term and get at peace with food once and for all.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:49 AM   #1571
Major LCF Poster!

4 pound whoosh today! 189.9. You should have seen my eyes bug out when I looked at the scale. So, since my goal was 190 by Nov. 1, I'm going to call this making my goal, even if I know it will bounce up. Gotta grab that new number and run with it.

It's been a long several weeks bouncing between 193 and 196, 194 just yesterday. But I knew I was feeling slimmer, it just took the scale a while to catch up. It's so good to confirm, again, I just have to hang in there and keep going no matter what the scale says, because that scale doesn't know everything.

We're taking my mom for a drive this afternoon to see the fall leaves, and then to her favorite German restaurant. That will be easy on the woe, great brats and red cabbage comin' up.

Happy Sunday everyone, hope y'all have a good one.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #1572
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Trigger---we must of posted at the same time, so I didn't see your post till mine came up.

You sound SO in the zone, and I love hearing it. You're going to make your goal, I just know it. Loved hearing how you slid right past those chili fries. And you know, here it is the next day, and if you'd eaten them, they'd be gone, and you'd be feeling crummy, with only the memories of those fries left. But as it is, you've got a new number AND you feel good! We just have to realize that on this woe, it's not about the immediate gratification, but if we hang in there, we get the rewards.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #1573
Major LCF Poster!

WOW WOW AND ONE MORE WOW FOR YOU BLUE

NICE drop. Sweet. that scale finally decided to show you how good you are doing!!

again, with a great post like that it just means we should all stay the course. the daily scale doesn't mean a thing in reality. it is the long term gusto sticking with the plan is what gives us the results we want eventually!!!

sounds like a great day seeing the fall leaves and eating out. I got kids carving pumpkins in the backyard. I gotta get out there and supervise HAVE A BLAST today and enjoy that wonderful drop down the scale. Proud of you!!!!
Old 10-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #1574
Major LCF Poster!

SO CLOSE it is crazy.

I dropped 1.5 this morning.

Too bad I have to lose all this vacation weight to get back to 198.5. It was ALOT

But I am so close. I am 199 right now. Into ONEderland I go again.

Now I have 1.5 left to lose to hit my stat number.

I am in a good place, deep ketosis, no hunger and sailing thru the days easily.

NOW, I have to keep in mind, as long as I am in deep ketosis I am cool. the hunger is handled. I can't allow heavier carbs back. I really am going to try to stay in the 25 nc range. going over that gets me into heavier foods and I don't want to do that.

and I have had no real sugar since starting. what a nice thing! but last night I jumped on a cup of SF Swiss Miss. it was delish and before I thought it stunk lol when you get nothing in the way of sweets, even the junkier things you didn't think of become better HAHA

SF Swiss Miss will be a go to in the colder months just to have something to sip on at night.

ok off and running. work and stuff gets in the way of all my fun but I gotta do it. I do right? hmm....eh, yea I gotta do it.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #1575
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quick update, sorry to be MIA. Work and home have been super busy.

for Blue and Trigger. You guys are doing awesome!! So happy for both of you!

I'm doing ok, eating LC but my weight isn't going anywhere. Still hanging out around 214-215 most days. It's ok for now, I'm giving myself of a bit of a mental break from thinking about it too much. Work will continue to be crazy for the next couple of weeks so I'll just try to hang in there.
Old 10-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #1576
Major LCF Poster!

sorry to hear about ya being so busy Misti. that stinks. I know when I get overloaded and thru the roof busy it can weigh me down big time. everything goes BLAH. too much.

One thing for me when I 'overthink' and 'think way too much about this lc thing'----one thing I do is just say---heck with it all, I am just going to automatically eat like a total LC person. I don't care about the choices of foods, as much as I care about choosing the best and most LC item I can. (I am not saying go into higher carbs or breads etc) I just mean, when ya eat just say "I am a low carb person. I will eat accordingly' and just relax.

it works for me. takes off the pressure of it all and just lets me be a normal, less-stress, calm low carb eater.

hang in there!! we all can make this work and get our results. You have done so well. It is time just to relax a bit and 'JUST BE A LOW CARB EATER' and stick with it.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #1577
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---You're in Onderland again, YAY! Man, it was a good day for me when I stopped seeing that two in front of everything. And you're so close to your stats, and then like I always say, time for that second big loss to begin, and that's kind of exciting. So glad you've got that ketosis/less appetite thing going on. SO helpful. I like what you said about "I am a low carb person." It's the whole lifestyle thing, as opposed to a diet, and the way we think about it all. And although it's a cliche, it's true that this is a marathon not a sprint, and we all have to find a way to get our hands around that.

And I too don't go nuts over what my 25 to 30 carbs a day are. I don't waste them on junk, they're too precious. But if I feel like a hamburger on a SL low carb bun, then I have it and count it as 8 of my carbs for the day. And I don't go crazy tweaking stuff out of my diet because I have to be able to live with however I lose the weight, or I'll just gain it back. I guess that's the "our way" part, any why I knew I'd found a home on this site when I found this little corner.

Misti---So get you on the work/family busy busy thing. It gets your mind spinning with all the must dos, and that's when our woe just has to fall back to being part of the background, and we hope we've been doing it long enough that we can just cross it off our list of worries for awhile.

I've been reading up on the effects of the cortisol hormone, otherwise known as the "stress hormone," in that we produce it when we're stressed. And if we're stressed over a period of time, weight gain, or lack of loss is more likely, as cortisol increases the sugars/glucose in the blood. This is interesting to me when I consider my last wildly stressful month, which was also my longest time w/out a drop. Now we just have to figure out how to de-stress, which I've been working at my whole life and still not that good at it when it hits.

Bounced up a couple of pounds today, not surprised, expected it. But although this is a particularly slow cycle, I do know my cycle, and I'm on the way down. It takes the time it's gonna take, darn it.
Old 10-28-2013, 08:52 PM   #1578
Major LCF Poster!

New username for ya. Bouncing Blue

but in the end it sticks, cause you are sticking to your plan. you know your pattern and by golly it is working well for you!!!

Blue you were stressed there for a bit. kinda wonky. then you had some better days and felt alot happier and less stress and boom, the scale jumped down for you.

I also think stress is a big factor. the easier life is the less body takes the brunt of it.

We all gotta start doing yoga or something LOL

OOOmmmm
OOHHmmm

RammDaahhLLaahh

every cross their legs and repeat !!

I have been checking into chakra. I found it interesting but I am sorely lacking in how to process the info in a way. I KNOW BALANCE in life is so important. but how to obtain that balance on a daily basis is hard. working on it---like everything else

I also went off finding the best skin bath to take.
came up with a milk bath. after all if Cleopatra can have that luxury of baby soft skin, so can I.

found this:
2-3 cups whole milk
1 cup honey
1 cup epsom salts
1/2 cup olive oil
warm on stove and then pour into warm bath soak up to 30 mins.

and I am going to try it
Old 10-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #1579
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hello,
Blue, Happy Dance for you !!!! Great whoosh !!! Don`t worry about the bounce it will even out soon.
TRIGGER, Happy Dance for you !!! Great to be in onderland,isn`t it ??? Good for you !!!
MISTI, Sorry to hear you are so busy right now. Hope it slows down for you.
I have been doing okay on my WOE. Drinking the protein powder for breakfast and eating right. I am walking some. Going to try and get back in that groove. It does HURT my back I am just going to have to do it anyway.
I am making some shrimp alfredo for supper. I hope it is good. We will see.
Hope we all have a great night.
Old 10-29-2013, 04:41 PM   #1580
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Yep, that's me, bouncing Blue. Swear to God, my weight is never the same two days in a row. And yeah, lots of stress lately. A bit better now. As for Yoga, LOL, I'm hopeless. I can't sit still that long, unless I'm reading a book, sleeping, or watching a good movie. I've got that knee bumping thing, you know? Where the knee is always bouncing up and down---always hope it's burning some calories.

LOVE your milk bath idea. Let me know how it feels and if it's worth it. I'm always so hurry, hurry, I end up taking a quick shower even though we have a big old comfy tub.
But when I occasionally find time for a good hot soak, it's amazing how much it releases stress. Love putting on some fresh jammies after a long hot bath. You feel like a gumby woman and fold right into bed.

Jaded---What do you put your shrimp alfredo on? Or do you just eat the shrimp with the sauce? Walking is so good for us, but please do watch your back. Build up to the strength it take so that it doesn't hurt your back. And I know I've mentioned this before, and don't want to be a pest, but there are some quick easy exercises for back pain that really do help if you take 5 minutes a day to do them. I know, because I too suffer back pain from walking too long, and or being on my feet too long.

Good day on the woe. Bunless cheeseburger and a small salad for lunch. Will have another cheeseburger on a SL LC bun for dinner. Not terribly hungry. Should come in around 25 NCs today.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #1581
Major LCF Poster!

Blurgh. I am up 3 lbs. from my low weight. Not really sure why, as I haven't been tracking very well. Maybe I need to go back to that. I'm eating LC but I think I am eating too much/when not hungry/stress eating. Must stop that and reverse this trend.

Hope everyone else is having a better week than me!
Old 10-30-2013, 08:47 AM   #1582
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Hi Gals,

Just wanted to check in. My IE crashed and just today was able to get on it after about a week. My computer needs a bit of an upgrade...But it made me realize how I'd miss this place if I could not find it again!! I wrote it down this time. Could not remember the name! D'oh!!

Things are still tough, but I've come to the realization that it is going to be that way awhile. Going off my eating plan isn't going to help my brother any and it sure as heck is hurting me. So going to get my head on straighter and get back on WOE. Silly me, going off the deep end. Bro. has a few more tests, then wait for surgery. Wait, wait, wait. There are no guarantees anyway for any of us. So going nuts isn't helping anyone.

Yes, CORTISOL - the stress enemy of ours, as Blue says! Maybe that milk bath is the cure! That sounds awesome!!

You're all doing great, even with bounces up - - just remember, what goes up, must come back down!!! I should also heed that, LOL.

Take care, and I'm happy to find the forum again! I feel like I know you guys, even after such a short time.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #1583
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---You and me both. I've bounced back up to 194 as of this morning. Grrrrrr. Don't know why, eating very clean low carb, and no snacking. Added up my calories yesterday and came in at 1600, which is about right for me. Dunno.

Hope your stress lessens, hope mine does too.

JoeyB---Glad you found us again! You sound in as good of place as possible all things considered. The waiting is torture. Prayers up for your brother and for the best results and recovery possible. In the mean time, I agree, it's not going to help you to put on weight to boot. Sometimes when things feel so out of our control, it's nice to have one thing we CAN control, and that can be our woe, and the rewards we get from staying on plan. Look forward to seeing you here more, and supporting you every way we can.

So as I said, another bounce up this am, and I'm right back in my old groove. SIGH. If this continues for a couple more weeks I'll be in an official stall, as per Atkins. But why borrow trouble, we'll just have to see.

Taco salad for lunch, Husband's garlic soup for dinner tonight, which I love. Haven't been very hungry this week, and that continues. Still not doing as well with my water intake as I should be. How can that be so hard?
Old 10-30-2013, 02:22 PM   #1584
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't bounce up but I haven't gone down anymore lol
it is ok. eating a bit more than usual since I didn't eat for days, had to make it up I guess.

clothes are fitting so much better. love that.

Glad you found us Joey and nice realization. no matter how trying life can be, we can't let it derail us for long. cause 'IT IS WHAT IT IS' AND best to do the things that help your life, like good eating.

Blue, drink that water!!!! I truly believe alot of water helps weight loss SO much!! I started drinking less and I know it effected my scale. Like with anything, just DO IT!
I get my 8 oz glass and stand at the sink and drink it all down. A while later I go do it again no sipping when I don't drink alot of water, it is drink it all at one time and get 'er done.

I ate wonky today. bit of steak for late breakfast. roasted pumpkin seeds (a bit too many and way too salty), 3 little sugar free chocolate candies, 1 sugar free jello pudding cup, 2 slices salami and 1/4 cup tuna with mayo. HUH?? that is nuts and my guts are full and icky right now.

no dinner for me tonight. later I will have a sugar free Sweiss Miss cocoa and a few big glasses of water to help move this all along

doing well tho. need a small refocus. I am so exhausted. too much to do and not enough time to do it all. Yeah, I know you all know what I mean LOL

stay strong everyone. where there is a will, there's a way!!
Old 10-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #1585
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
Blue, drink that water!!!! I truly believe alot of water helps weight loss SO much!! I started drinking less and I know it effected my scale. Like with anything, just DO IT! I get my 8 oz glass and stand at the sink and drink it all down. A while later I go do it again no sipping when I don't drink alot of water, it is drink it all at one time and get 'er done.
"Get 'er done." Trigger, you often make me , and that's a very good thing---I can use all the laughs I can get. Plus your words are simple and to the point. I agree, water is so important on a LC diet. I've been getting in 4 or 5 glasses a day, but it really needs to be at least 8. Imagine me standing at the sink and gulping in sisterhood w/you, LOL.

Not to worry about a wonky woe day, as long as it's low carb. You're still in Ketosis and bet you anything you won't be as hungry tomorrow. Sometimes that hunger monster just rears up now and then, even on LC, but I find it goes back in into its cave pretty quick if we stay on plan.
Old 10-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #1586
Major LCF Poster!

Sisterhood of the traveling water cup I shoot for at least 6 glasses. 8 oz. If I do that I figure I am well ahead of the game of other people out there in life swilling sodas!
I can do more on some days easily, others I struggle like you.

yes the wonky food day was stupid. tomorrow I am starting the day with a ton of bacon bacon works wonders as an appetite suppressent for me. eat a good bit and I am stuffed for a very long time. man---now I want bacon this second lol I can wait tho.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:32 AM   #1587
Major LCF Poster!

up 1.5 today

sodium got me. I eat lite salt. but I made fresh pumpkin seeds when kids carved their pumps and I used fine sea salt. Nailed my water weight LOL

TONS of lemon water today. eating lighter. woke up wtih that feeling of 'who cares about food today' and that is always a good thing for me.

stay strong ya'll.
Old 10-31-2013, 09:03 AM   #1588
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Halloween! I am holding steady at 216.2. Still three pounds up from my low weight. I'm hungry today, so I've already had an ounce of peanuts and two fat bombs before lunch. I will not eat any candy today, though. I'm sure of that.

Sorry for the bounce, Trigger. I think you are right about the water, I don't think I have been drinking as much lately. Will try to ramp up on that.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:37 PM   #1589
Major LCF Poster!

Boo!!! The ghosts and witches are out tonight, and I'm hoping to give them every last piece of our candy without snitching one. Thankfully, I don't have a big sweet tooth, but you can pop a few of those little treats before you know it.

I'm making myself a great LC dinner to wipe out any temptations. Ntombi's poppers and yummy garlic soup left over from last night. Hardly had a thing so far, just a few slices of ham with some cheese. So it will be a good LC day.

Trigger---bummer on the pound up, but for sure it's that salt. Hope the kiddo has a great halloween night? Will she go trick or treating, or to a party?

Misti---As I was saying to Trigger, that hunger thing can still jump right out at you, even when you're eating LC. I find it's there for a few days, then gone again. Last week I was hungry, this week, not at all. The other thing that effects me is the cold weather, makes me want to eat.

Scale? What scale? Where? LOL. Ignoring it right now. Happy halloweeny gals!
Old 10-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #1590
Major LCF Poster!

Good attitude Blue! I actually bought some jalapenos other stuff to make the poppers this weekend. Have to find which thread the recipe is in though! DH is out with DS trick-or-treating so I'm here alone. I'm being good and not eating anything. I had an Atkins bar today, though, so hopefully that won't throw me off any more than I already am.

Can't wait until the weekend. Work was still a nightmare today and I found out someone else made a major screw-up with my name on it (literally, the letter was electronically signed by me, and it went out to 2000 students by mistake). Lovely. Need to fix that tomorrow.
Closed Thread