Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #1531
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Misti---happy to hear your kidney tests came out fine. Yes, you certainly have had a long string of tests and Drs. appts. Yuck. Hopefully they're coming to and end. Not to worry about the 2 lb bounce up. It will probably gone by week's end, and even if not you still had a huge whoosh.

Trigger---a few of the kiddo's fries an a few fried shrimp ain't the end of the world. It happens. You've had a good string of days this fall, don't forget that. And you can do it again!

The trip to the beach sounds so yummy. I love the ocean and walking the beach. Hopefully you can plan for some good low carb treats. Will you be camping? Making your own meals, or eating out?

Day off of work today, or at least nothing scheduled. So I'm spending the day cleaning. My uncle is in town and coming for dinner tomorrow night w/my brother and his wife and my mom, so that's good motivation.

And on that note, I've decided to do a re-feed carb night tomorrow, since we're entertaining w/out much time to prepare and hubby is going to make spaghetti and garlic bread and probably an apple crisp. I'll make a salad and pick up some apps. It's what works for us time wise and ease wise, and seems a good place to try a re-feed. So I'll be having it all tomorrow night. Will not binge or over eat, but will end up with many more carbs than I've been eating.

I spent some time this morning researching this concept. It's all about the leptin which is a hormone that helps you release fat. In LC eating leptin stores often go down. A re-feed helps build them up again. Very simplistic bottom line, but the gist of it.

This morning I bounced up a half pound. Just think I need to experiment with shaking it up a little. It's one meal, then bam, back on the program. We'll see what happens. I know I'll bloat up several pounds at first, so have to be ready for that. Then water and good LC program.

Today will be a very clean day. Small salad so far. Maybe an artichoke for dinner and something else, don't know what. Will eat clean till dinner tomorrow night. Then I will enjoy that dinner!

Dreary Monday here, good day for cleaning and putzing around.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #1532
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
What a beautiful, Fall day here in the Pacific NW!! I never thought we'd get it after all the rain we had awhile back. It's gorgeous, but chilly.

Finally saw a bump on the scale - in the right direction! Total of 2 1/2 lbs. gone for last week. Definitely in ketosis. The stick registers the lowest reading next to nothing, but with this mouth, I can feel it! Must keep going in the right direction. So far, so good.

Blue, I also had to laugh at "Serial Poster." Too funny!! I think I had computer burn-out and took a couple days off. Sometimes a person has to. I'm up all hours of the night, and the computer is a life-saver.

I like your re-feed ideas. Will stay tuned to see how that worked. I think we all know it gets harder the more we've lost. Seems rather contradictory, but true nonetheless. I'll just be happy to get down there far enough to find out!! LOL.

Misti and Trigger, oh yes, those co-pays can be deadly too. Been there, too. It's never easy. Hope things start going better and your GI tests if you have them - are good.

Am pretty much eating the same. Cut out some things that I can't seem to control and it works better. For Pork Rinds, I count them out, put in a separate bag, and watch it as I eat them. The old ways are hard to get rid of! I like being more aware though. That mindless eating is what got me here, to be sure!

Take it easy, have a nice evening!

Last edited by JoeyB; 10-14-2013 at 05:12 PM..
Old 10-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #1533
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hi everyone. Doing ok today, I'm still up about 2 lbs. from my low. Made Jaded banana walnut flax muffins last night. They aren't pretty but do taste good! I think I will have one a day for a few days to see if it helps keep things "moving" before my GI appt.

JoeyB - congrats on the loss! I hear you on the pork rinds. It's surprising how few are in a serving. I usually try to weigh them out. They are easy to overeat! My husband can eat most of a bag easily in one sitting. I didn't realize you live in the Pacific NW! I went to Oregon State in Corvallis for grad school. Lived there for 4 years in the early 1990's. My brother lives in Vancouver, WA now, but I haven't visited since he got married 4 years ago.

Blue - how did the carb nite go? Hope everything was tasty! Nice that you had a day off yesterday. I think after my 1 pm doctor's appt. on Thursday I am taking the rest of the day off to get a haircut and maybe look for a winter coat. Though I bought one last year in October and it was way too big by the end of winter. Of course we had an extremely long winter here last year. Hope that doesn't happen this year.

Trigger - have a great time at the beach! I love the beach, grew up on Cape Cod going to the beach every day in the summer. So nice that you can take quick trips easily where you live. Hope your eating plan is going well this week!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:12 PM   #1534
Major LCF Poster!

JoeyB --- Congrats on the loss!! 2 1/2 pounds is a nice juicy drop. As ketosis takes over you should have less and less of an appetite, love it when that happens. I know the feeling of computer burn out---I laugh though when I think "really, I have to do more clicks?!" Nothing's ever fast enough or easy enough in our world these days.

Misti---Carb night is tonight. And I'm looking forward to it, but it's kind of weird too. I feel like my woe is undergoing surgery, LOL. Do take the rest of the day off Thursday if you can, it's so nice to break the routine I think. I need a haircut so badly and keep forgetting to schedule it. Love a new hair cut.

Off for a short nap before we go into big time dinner prep. Didn't sleep well last night. So far just a salad today, since a re-feed is supposed to be just one meal, and ideally between 6 and 10. I'm sure I'll be reporting in tomorrow saying I feel like a beach ball and the scale's jumped 5 pounds. Getting ready for that.
Old 10-15-2013, 01:20 PM   #1535
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Thanks Misti. Hope to have a blast when we leave friday! I got a hair cut today! it makes one feel good. When my hair loses it's style shape, and I have to fight with it, drives me nuts. I love a good haircut, gets me back into feeling great! Go get that new coat, will also make you feel good. Big baggy coats swallow you up, make you look bigger than you are. you go get a nice new fitting coat and enjoy!

JoeyB, I sure understand the mindless eating. I can do it very easily, 24/7
TV time is worse for me. I can munch and munch til I shut it off and hit the bed. Can we say, hmmm, about 2500 cals in snacks alone some days HAHA. Yea, one reason I got here at the weight loss forum also LOL Time we control that!!

I got some new vigor. I have been thinking about it all, got some good advice from other low carbers I knew from before, I think I am back on track. I guess being a long journey, we are sure going to take detours. I found some peace and ease with this whole change of eating so hopefully it will rock me down the stupid scale

well off to get a bunch done and everyone hang in there and work it hard!
Old 10-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #1536
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
HELLO,
JOEYB Happy Dance for you !!!! Good loss !!!! Keep up the great work.
MISTI Happy to hear your test came back fine. Glad you liked the muffins.
TRIGGER I hope your vacation is a fun one. Walk some for me.
BLUE enjoy your carb up night. Hope it works for you.

I had a good on plan weekend. Even got in some walking.It about killed me,though. My back hurt so bad. YUCK !!
Hope everyone has a good night !!!
Old 10-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #1537
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, I hope you are enjoying your carb refeed. I think I had an accidental one tonight myself. I had a half an acorn squash. Depending on what source to believe it was anywhere between 15-30 g carbs. A little too much for one serving of vegetables. Oops. Probably won't be eating the other half. I imagine the scale won't be pretty tomorrow. I was hoping otherwise, as I actually dropped weight during the day today. I feel a bit woozy now, which happens sometimes after I eat carbs, though it could be something else like my blood pressure medication. I'll check that after I've been sitting for a while.

You sound back on track, Trigger, glad to hear it. Glad to hear you had a good weekend as well Jaded.

I am going to take it easy the rest of the night. Have a good one everyone!
Old 10-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #1538
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---my back hurts too when I walk more, or even when I'm on my feet more than often. I know what this is about. We need to strengthen our stomach muscles to support our backs. I learned this when I once went on a year long exercise jag, which I am well over now. Still, I do know that I suffered a lot less back pain when I was doing various versions of sit ups and stomach strengthening exercises. Am I doing anything about this? No. Still...it is true that stomach muscles do support the back. Glad to hear you had a good weekend on plan. Weekends can be tough, so this is very good news for you.

Misti---those meds are really foxy, and their effects can change from situation to situation. I think we really have to log their effects under many circumstances before we really understand what we're dealing with.

So last night was the carb re-feed. So many thoughts on this, I'll try to be brief, but as we all here know, I'm not so good at brief.

First of all, I was reminded how much I LOVE my husband's spaghetti, which I have not had since last February. I have often been heard to said I married my husband for his spaghetti, which while it does not cover all the bases, is not untrue either. It was SO good. As was the garlic bread, 3 or 4 pieces, and the big piece of red velvet cake I had for dessert.

In re-feeds, from what I've read, it is important to make it starch heavy and not add in a lot of fats, so this was the perfect meal for that. Also, part of a re-feed is about calories, and Lord knows I also did my best at that last night.

Here's the other side. I could not believe how drowsy, overstuffed and crummy I felt after the fun had been had. I had forgotten! And you know, it strikes me that unlike say, a new pair of boots or jeans, or a new lamp, or many other such like examples, when you've finished a carb heavy meal, it's OVER, nothing left but the memories, and the discomfort. Also, forgot how much gas carbs cause.

This morning I was up 3 pounds, expected more, and 3 pounds up hasn't been rare lately for me, with all the bouncing I've been doing, even on LC. Perhaps tomorrow it will be a bigger gain. Don't know. But so far, seems like whether this works or not, I'm not going to be too much worse the wear for it. Also, woke up with same old metal mouth. Don't do Ketosis stix, so maybe I now just have a permanent keto mouth? Cause I sure would have thought what I ate last night kicked me out of ketosis, and maybe it did, but somehow, I don't think so.

And, I'm right back on plan today, not only because that was the plan, but because I was actually happy to return to it. You know gals, if nothing else, last night taught me that while those carbs sure are good, they have diminishing returns. And having sated myself, I really had no desire today to continue down the carb path. In fact, I wanted to do anything but. Another NSV for sure.

Way too early to see if I'll have any results from my re-feed, and who knows, maybe it will lose me a week or so in losing. But I have that to experiment with. Stay tuned, I'll be reporting further results or lack of them.

One more note on re-feeds, the rule of thumb seems to be that the closer to goal you get, another words the leaner you get, the more re-feeds that may be necessary. As someone 30 pounds from my goal, I won't be trying this again for at least another month or two.

Well now, that certainly was brief, right? Thanks to all my LC gal pals for hearing me out and allowing me to be heard.

Today has been a bunless cheeseburger for lunch, an artichoke for dinner, and some left over cheese, salami and live pate, and not much of any of them. Pleasantly not hungry.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #1539
Major LCF Poster!

Blue thanks for the jello dessert you mentioned in the other thread. wrote it down

Very interesting on the re-feed and you are right. those meals are vicious on the energy. everyone says carbs give ya energy, load up etc. but to me it is the opposite. it saps my strength. I feel so alive on low carb, but when I go back to the dark side, it is like thanksgiving dinner every single time sleepy, bloated, and just plain nasty for quite a while. I feel the effects into the next day even.

I know that meal was to die for tho and it sounds like you enjoyed every mouthful LOL

I can't wait to hear what effect it has on you. Definitely wanting to know.

guys, in general I feel yucky. leaving tomorrow early for 4 day beach trip, icky weather (which won't slow us down) except this bit of rain gave me a sinus headache. bleck.
now I am relying on my drugs to fix me

eating clean so far. doing well. had mushrooms with garlic butter and small ribeye for late lunch. no dinner tonight, my tummy is wonky from sinus meds. trying to win this game before I leave and feel better!!

I will be back on Monday late and tell ya how I did. Only eating out one time and I brought a big hamburger patty for myself, a small pork roast for the grill one night, tuna and all my lc snacks. I PLANNED on being good on this trip. I decided this trip will not be a 'up 4-5lbs' trip this time LOL

So see ya all Monday late and everyone take care of themselves and do well on plan. I will do my darndest this time.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #1540
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---If you need more specifics on that recipe let me know. it really is so yummy. We served it for dessert and folks loved it. Sorry you've got the sinus headache, those are nasty. But you sound in a really good place regarding your woe. Have a great time on your vacay, and eat whatever you want, as long as it's LC. Glad you've planned it out and prepared, this makes it a lot easier.

Well this morning I was almost the whole 3 lbs down on the bloat I gained from my re-feed. One more pound down and I'll hit that new low I first saw weeks ago. And then hopefully I'll see an even newer number.

Had a LC pizza for lunch. My uncle is till here and we're all going out to dinner tonight. Will stay clean as I know the restaurant well and there's several good options.
Old 10-17-2013, 06:47 PM   #1541
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, sounds like the food on the re-feed was delicious, but the side effects not so much! Glad you've dropped most or all of the bloat already.

Trigger - have a great time on your beach trip. It sounds like you have planned well and it's good that you plan to stick to your plan. Even if you go off a bit just do your best!

I had my GI appt. today, it was with a PA. She recommended to go ahead and do the colonoscopy. So I need to call and schedule that tomorrow. I might shoot for Thanksgiving week as getting time off work before that would be harder. I got the Miralax prep, which works slowly over three days. Still sounds yucky, so you'll be hearing me whine about that later.

Scale is about the same, around 216. Has been there for about a week for the most part. At least I'm not gaining. On the other hand, 4 people at work in the past 3 days have told me how much smaller I look. One hadn't seen me in a while and asked flat out how much I had lost. She was pretty shocked when I told her. I also did a bit of shopping today (but only bought two inexpensive tops) and I now fit into size 18 pants, after buying size 20 only a few weeks ago. The 18's are a tiny bit tight, so I am not going to rush out and buy them now, but I have a 25% off coupon good until Nov 5 so I think I will get some before then. Also tried on some winter coats, but I will try to hold off a bit on that. Looked at one consignment store and there wasn't much yet for winter coats. Maybe in a few more weeks. I don't want an expensive one as I plan to get only one season's use out of it!

Tomorrow is Friday - really looking forward to it!
Old 10-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #1542
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Yes! It's friday and I'm w/you, so happy. Thought it would never get here, such an overstuffed week! SO COOL that so many folks at work finally perked up and noticed there's a lot less of you. Seems we have to drop quite a bit before folks notice. Either that or they're afraid to say anything till they're sure. And a nano bit from fitting into 18s too. You are really seeing and feeling the progress. Progress is so motivating.

BTW, for me at least, the colonoscopy thing was no big deal---the actual procedure that is. The build up to it is the worst part, drinking all the stuff and cleaning oneself out. But it was painless and easy once it got going. Still, glad one only has to have them every once in a great while.

Did very well out to dinner last night, but still up 2 pounds this morning. Honestly, I think I'm wearing a groove in the scale between 194 and 197. To early to assess the carb re-feed, but not feeling too optimistic today. This is one of the longest stalls I've had, and I really miss the motivation of seeing a new number. I know in time it will drop, but patience is not exactly my strong suit. Although I've kind of amazed myself with how long I've stuck to this, no matter what the scale was saying. And that feels good.

Two salads today. Had a salad w/chicken and bacon for lunch, and hubby is going to make his very delish spinach, caramelized bacon, tomatoes, mozzarella and onion salad w/my home made balsamic dressing. So good. Maybe some raspberries and cream for dessert, later.

I'm reading a GREAT book, the pages are just flying. Love that. Going to cozy up with it tonight, or maybe watch a movie with the hubby. Don't know, don't have to decide now.
And that's one of the best things about Fridays,---less decisions on a time line.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #1543
Major LCF Poster!

Saw a new low today 214.8, about 0.4 lbs. down from my previous low. Yea! Hope it sticks. I probably should have went back to work after my dr. appt. yesterday, as my son was not feeling well today, so I went to work in the morning then came home about 11 am so DH could go to work. Of course by 11 am DS was fine. Oh well. I was going to do some work from home but it didn't quite happen. I should do some this weekend or I will be backlogged next week after taking two half-days off.

Also scheduled my colonoscopy for March 31!! The earliest opening they had was March 21 - a Friday afternoon. I asked for a Monday morning instead and that was the first one. So I don't have to worry about if for a while!

Sorry the scale is not cooperating right now Blue. But you're a long-term viewer, I know, so just know if you stick with it the scales will move again. Slowly, but they will move.
Old 10-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #1544
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Yay for the new low! I'm living vicariously through you, lol.

Down a half pound today. Not too exciting. Eating very clean. Bunless cheese burger for spicy tomato Arrabbiata sauce and Italian sausage over zucchini "noodles" for dinner. This sauce is very low in carbs, just 4 NC for a half cup and it's delish.

This week I've been experimenting w/zucchini as a base for sauces, and liking it quite well. I saute it up in butter and onions. Couple of days ago I put a 4 cheese sauce on it and it was very good. Tonight the Arrabbiata sauce, both bought at the grocery store.

So---there's this cool kitchen tool that turns zucchini into spaghetti shaped round noodles. I wanted to make sure I liked the zucchini as a base for sauces before I invested in it, even though it isn't very expensive. But I think I'll get it. Texture, shape and mouth feel is part of what I love about spaghetti, and I like the idea of being able to twirl the "noodles" on my fork with some sauce. There's no end to the gadgets, hey?

Did a little fall shopping today and got some great boots at a fabulous price, and another pair of shoes that were incredibly cheap---originally $76, on clearance for $24. Love it when that happens and they are so cool. Then I bought an "inspiration piece/top"---as all my others now fit. This one is wearable now, but will look even better with another 5 pounds down. It's gorgeous! I need the motivation right now, so it's already hanging on the back of our bedroom door, where all my inspiration pieces stay till they look good on me.

Hope y'all are having a nice relaxing weekend.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:34 AM   #1545
Major LCF Poster!

Saw a new low yesterday of 213.2, but I'm up to 213.6 today. Still over a pound lower than a couple of days ago, though. Lately it seems like I stick for a while, then have whooshes a couple of days in a row.

I had a high calorie day yesterday, as we did a short road trip and ate out for both breakfast and lunch. The high calorie breakfast really is what did me in, as for over 500 calories it didn't keep me full any longer than my 160 calorie Atkins shake I usually have. It was eggs, 2 sausage, 2 bacon, and a small piece of smoked sausage, maybe an ounce. I would have thought it would keep me full longer, but I was starving by noon. We got Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch and it was good as usual.

Congrats on your half pound drop Blue. Sounds like you are eating purposefully, which is a good thing. Great find on the boots and shoes! I think I am going to try and buy a winter coat today, Kohl's has some on sale plus I have a 30% off coupon. The weather forecast for the next week looks downright chilly and the fleece jacket I got in August isn't as warm as I thought it would be. It's also a 2X which is a bit big on me now.

Hope everyone else is having a great weekend, and that your beach trip is going great Trigger.
Old 10-20-2013, 01:26 PM   #1546
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---seems like you've lost about 8 pounds in about 2 weeks. That's about as whooshy as it gets, lol. So great. It's really fun for me to see you motor down those pounds. You've done just an amazing job and it's so inspiring for me to see.

And yeah, it sure is getting chilly up in my neck of the woods too. Seems winter always takes me by surprise even though I know it's time. Good luck finding a coat you love for a good price. And I do think it's important it fit well as opposed to wearing stuff too big for us waiting to be thinner. I'm a fan of clothes that fit as we lose weight, and we here in the midwest wear our coats every day. Hate the baggy thing, just makes us look dowdy imo. Saw this gal yesterday at Macy's who was definitely overweight, but she was rocking it in just the right fit. Stylish and not trying to hide her extra pounds, and yet not looking stuffed into her clothes either. She had that shapely zoftig look instead of drowning in big loose tent stuff that doesn't fool anyone.

Finally. Down almost 3 lbs this morning, to 193.2, that "new number" I first saw 3 weeks ago. Who knows if it's just a rest before another bounce up, but at least that number appeared again and I'll take it!

Just made a lunch of scrambled eggs, bacon and sliced tomatoes with my homemade French dressing drizzled across the top. If you like scrambled eggs, here's a delish way to make them. You heat up oil in fry pan till it's very hot. Then crack eggs into it and scramble. Happens very fast, take them off heat when they get how you like 'em and while still hot fold in a big tablespoon of cream cheese w/chives. It melts in right away and you end up with fluffy cheese and chive eggs. Yummers.

Tonight will be a cheese burger on a Sara Lee LC bun. My carbs are very low today so far, and I can afford the 8NCs. Should come in between 15 and 20 NCs today. Feeling good about getting right back on plan after my re-feed with several clean days ever since. Whether it works in the end or not, it didn't cost me much to try, and that dinner was so good. But it hasn't set me off to any carb binging, nor did I face any increased appetite because of it. So it's all good. We'll see what happens this next week before I come to any conclusions about how it worked.

Trigger and Jaded --- hope you guys are enjoying the last of a lovely weekend.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:18 PM   #1547
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
Sorry I have been MIA for a few days. My Aunt had a heart attack Tuesday and ended up out of town.I went and helped out her Husband.He is 84 and in bad health. He can not stay by himself.Their kids finally got it all worked out and I came home today. WOW !!!! I am tired.Needless to say my WOE went out the window.I stopped on the way home and picked up some protein shake powder and some sf almond milk. I plan on starting my day with it for breakfast.

HAPPY DANCE for you ladies !!! You all are rocking your weight loss !!!! Congrats !!!!
I hope to join you this week. I finally had a bad period and feel like I lost some bloat.
Well, I am off to rest. Hope we all have a great night and a great week coming up.
Old 10-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #1548
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded, sorry to hear about your aunt. Hope she is recovering. When stuff like this happens our woe will be waiting for us when life smoothes out a bit, and sounds like you're well on your way right back on plan.

So I was up .4 lb today, but still at 193, so that's Ok and not worth a lot of thought. It's been so brutally busy lately w/work, family and social obligations I just can't worry about it right now. It will be what it is, drop when it drops. Just going to keep on plan and hope for the best.

Today it was an artichoke for dinner, roast garlic stuffed chicken for dinner.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #1549
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded, so sorry to hear about your aunt. How wonderful that you are able to pitch in and help your family like that.

Blue, so happy for you for the drop, even if you are up a bit today you are still doing great. I think you have a good attitude. It is what it is, and you are eating the way you need to be eating. That's how I feel now too. My weight has jumped up a bit since Saturday, but that seems to be my pattern of late (whoosh, whoosh, bounce for quite a while...)

Of course I didn't help matters much tonight by having a sugar-free pudding and a whole bunch of sugar-free chocolate chips after supper that I didn't need. They still have carbs. And I feel kind of gross right now. I still stress eat, I guess. DH went to the doc today and says he only lost 3 or 4 lbs. in the past 3 months. I pointed out that maybe it is all the sugar-free candy and Atkins bars he eats are causing issues, and that many people can't eat them. (I eat them once in a while but not daily like he does.) I was trying to be helpful but he was not happy with that news and tried to defend his candy saying a lot of it is sweetened with Splenda. Yea, right, I just looked it up. Most of the hard candy he buys has isomalt, sorbitol and/or malitol, which are all bad sugar alcohols, along with Splenda or aspartame. So he isn't reading nutrition labels, he is only looking at the front of the packages. Oh well, it's his choice I guess. Just have to do better not letting it affect me.
Old 10-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #1550
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---I think you hit it on the head when you said, "just have to do better not letting it affect me," regarding the hubby doing his own thing. There was a thread in the ML about his the other day. Another husband doing LC "his way" and driving the wife crazy, LOL. Everyone just has to learn their own lessons in losing weight and getting healthier. It's funny, if someone ELSE tells my husband he ought to do something or the other, he's all ears. But me? ummm, not so much. I guess it's just the forever power struggle between mates. The less we say sometimes, the better. Then sometimes they start to ask questions, and then you know they're open to learning or hearing something.

Not going to talk about the scale today, except to say the bouncearama continues. My verdict on the carb re-feed is that it didn't help, and it didn't hurt. I'm doing just what I've been doing for weeks now.

On the positive side, I feel good about eating very clean in the last week, an average of 20 carbs a day. I am struggling with my water intake as I always do when I get this busy. Just can't seem to get in the habit of lugging that water bottle around w/me. And I think sometimes my sodium count is high, what w/the JJs and cheese LC pizzas, so I really have to improve on the water thing.

But you know, I'm just not going down that "tweaking" road otherwise, unless it's the way I WANT to eat. I've changed so much, given up so much, enough already. Most important for me, as I know from past experience, is that I'm happy on this woe, cause if I'm not, all of a sudden, I'm off it. So more water, and otherwise steady she goes.

Yep, a JJs unwich for lunch, no time for anything else and I had to eat as I was styling again today, and I need some food when I'm doing that kind of physical work. Hubby's chicken Tortilla soup for dinner, no chips. Still delish.

And, I got my hair cut and colored, expensive, but always a treat. So all in all, things are a nice fat OK.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #1551
Major LCF Poster!

Hello,
Well, I had a busy day. Had to run errands and grocery shop. Was so busy did not get hungry and missed lunch. I am here to tell you the protein powder shake keeps me full !!! I hope it continues to do so. It is only 2 carbs for an 8 ounce shake including the Sf almond milk !!! Hubby is off work this week. He hurt his back over the weekend. He did go in yesterday and took off for the rest. I think it has been 5 years since he has missed a day of work. So, you know he is hurting pretty bad. It is a pulled muscle. Poor Guy. He is getting babied. I KNOW his pain.
Well, I need to get some stuff done. I hope we all have a good night !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 03:11 AM   #1552
Major LCF Poster!

my hubby has back troubles from the farm. I know how miserable they can be
hope he feels better!!

well guys I am so sick it is insane. I think food poisoning. I ate some shrimp around 1pm yesterday and by 6 or so my guts were hurting, total bathroom loss of control, unreal cold chills and throwing up.

I got nailed. around 3 this morning I swear I was going to wake hubby to take me to emergency but I survived thru.

I am still horrible weak this morning, guts hurts, feel pukey, bathroom is nasty still and hope that is corrected soon and I am just really sick.

I got so much to do today coming back from that trip but I can't function right now.

I tell ya it is rough out there !!

I will be back later. I gotta go lie down. I know one thing, I won't be eating for days I can tell. off I go to recover and will chat later. take care everyone!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #1553
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded ---Wow, 5 years without missing a day of work! Now that's a committed guy. Cool. Hope his back gets better soon. Nice that you're babying him. It's so nice to be treated well when something's hurting.

Trigger---Oh man, I had food poisoning once and it was SO miserable. It's really almost violent what it does to your body. When you can, be sure to drink lots of water, as this probably de-hydrated you something fierce. Maybe pick up some of that stuff that re-sets your electrolytes. Most of all, get LOTS of rest, you're body's been through ALOT.
Good to see you back here though, always miss you when you're gone.

Ta da! New number today. 192.5. Thought I'd never see it, and might not see it again for awhile. Still once you've seen it, you know you'll see it again eventually, if you stay on plan and just keep on keepin' on. This is what I have to remind myself of and it's good for me to see me type these words.

Had a small bowl of left over chicken tortilla soup for lunch. Love it. Hubby makes it with fresh tomatoes, roasted chicken and chicken broth, garlic, chicken, vegetables. No sugar, no extra salt, but a nice bite. Brats for dinner. Might treat myself to one on a LC bun. The Tequilla soup was about 10 carbs so I've got some room today. Trying to stay at 20 to 25 ncs a day, but if it ends up 30, that's fine too.

It's Wednesday already! This week is flying by. I have an at home work day and I'm loving it. Gloomy here but cozy inside. Going to finish up what I have to in my office and then curl up with my book. After the insanely busy last couple of weeks, afternoons like this feel like such a luxury.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #1554
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,
TRIGGER, I am so sorry you are so sick !!!! I know how bad food poisoning can be !!! I drink PowerAde Zero (grape) when I am sick at my stomach. It really helps and has little carbs and calories. They have other flavors. Chicken Broth and Cottage Cheese are my go to when I can`t eat much. Feel better !!!!
BLUE, HAPPY DANCE !!!!!!! CONGRATS !!!!! I am so Happy for you. You are rocking that scale down, girl !!! Your DH`s soup sounds great !!! I love simple soups !!! YUMMY !!!
Misti, I hope you are doing well and had a great day !!!!
My Hubby is doing some better. Thank You for the well wishes.
I am doing good on my woe. I LOVE the protein Powder. I did not even have a snack last night.I was so full from the powder. Hope it stays this way.
Hope we all have a great night !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #1555
Major LCF Poster!

OMG Trigger, that sounds horrible! I hope you are feeling better now. You were home right, not still on your trip? Make sure you stay hydrated!

Jaded, glad to hear your husband is doing better. Glad you found some protein powder that works to keep you full and happy!

Blue, awesome to see a new low! So happy for you! The week is flying by. I can't believe only two more days until the weekend.

Finally bought a new winter coat at Kohl's today. It was a 1X, fits well but closely, so I should be able to wear it all winter without it being too horribly big. It was 40% off then I had a coupon for another 30% off that. So I got a nice coat for a good price. I am going to wear it tomorrow, it seems winter has arrived early this year! Nothing too exciting on the food front. Weight is fine, hanging at 214.2 this morning, one pound up from my low, but I lost 2 lbs. since last Wednesday, so that's ok with me.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #1556
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Blue. you keep rocking it. you are showing everyone that just sticking with lc your way gets results! I like that!! Sounds like you are revitalized. you sound stress free right now.

Jaded, that protein powder. How are you fixing it? I never used it so I was wondering what brand and how you fix it.

Misti, congrats on getting down the scale. You are rocking this way of eating also!!
I agree that winter is coming. being south, I am shocked at how cold it is right now. I swear in years gone by we were swimming still at this time, now we are wearing parkas HA. Great deal on that coat. You shop like me! Never pay retail LOL

I feel alot better this morning but my guts are still wonky big time. I tried a bit of chicken broth yesterday around 1 and wow it killed me. Last night I tried a spoonful of my cheddar spreadable cheese. It didn't treat me well either

I am hungry but I can't eat. I will just try some light soup again for lunch and see how it goes. But the chills are gone, the headachy feeling is gone and the guts are coming around slowly.

only redeeming thing out of this is the scale will have to move down I would think LOL
but when I start eating, since this is like a total cleanse in a way, I am going to stay directly on LC and I am going to eat cleaner and simpler. I know I detoxed on sugar at this point not eating for a few days, so I am going to take full advantage of when I start my meals again. I will try to turn this into a plus somehow

off to get some things done. like Misti said it is cold here. surprising! I have to get rid of the shorts and start getting out pants and changing over to cold weather clothes. off to try on pants in the closet and see where I stand

everyone keep rocking down the scale. YOU GUYS are doing great!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #1557
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
OMG, Trigger! That's awful. Hell of a way to lose weight, girl.

Sorry for going AWOL.

I went to the dark side almost a week ago, and am still there. Gotta get it together. Easy to blame it on very bad news...sometimes I can't take it. Probably going to lose my big brother and I know everyone goes thru this stuff, but just struggling right now. I'll get better. I wish HE would. (Cancer. Again.)

So proud of all your successes! Keep on going.

Get better, Trigger! That's awful!!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:43 PM   #1558
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---I second Trigger's question. What protein powder are you using? I too have never tried the protein powders, there's so many! Would love to know what you like.

Trigger---glad you're feeling better. Wow, it really got you. But like you said, the silver lining is it is like a cleanse---done by a mix master, LOL. So it's like a fresh start. Way to go turning it into a plus!

Holding at 193.8 today. But you know, I think I look slimmer than 2 weeks ago, even though the scale doesn't say so. I can see it in my clothes. Nothing dramatic, but less there. Always good to note when the scale isn't telling the whole story.

Had a hard boiled egg with some pimento cheese spread with a couple of Kavli crackers (7 ncs---thinnest crunchiest wheat crackers you've ever had) for lunch. Maybe some BWWs for dinner. Hubby had dental surgery and can only eat mush for 3 days, so I'm on my own.

Really chilly here too, but still, love fall. We've been making fires almost every night. Lovely. Have a great day gals!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #1559
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyB View Post
OMG, Trigger! That's awful. Hell of a way to lose weight, girl.

Sorry for going AWOL.

I went to the dark side almost a week ago, and am still there. Gotta get it together. Easy to blame it on very bad news...sometimes I can't take it. Probably going to lose my big brother and I know everyone goes thru this stuff, but just struggling right now. I'll get better. I wish HE would. (Cancer. Again.)

So proud of all your successes! Keep on going.

Get better, Trigger! That's awful!!
Hi JoeyB, good to see you back. So very sorry to hear about your brother. That is very big, sad stuff, and it doesn't matter that others go through it too, it still hurts like crazy.

Be gentle with yourself. Maybe downsize your goals regarding your woe. Say, instead of 30 carbs a day, make it 50, or whatever. Or make LC choices when ever you can right now, and when you can't, just move on to the next chance to make a better choice. And we're always here, whether you're on the LC woe or not, so come back for some inspiration and a bit of company.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #1560
Major LCF Poster!

Hello,
Hope all are doing well.
Trigger, you have had it bad, girl !!! Hope you can eat something soon.Feel better !!!!
BLUE,glad to hear you are holding steady on your weight. Good for you !!!
JOEY, Happy to see you back. So Sorry about your brother. Will pray for him.
MISTI, Hope you are doing well.
The protein Powder I have is :: SIX STAR PRO NUTRITION WHEY ISOLATE PLUS: ELITE SERIES DECADENT CHOCOLATE. It says one scoop has 2 carbs. The scoop is 80 cc so I use half of a scoop. I use 8 ounces of SF Almond Milk it has less than one carb. That makes my shake to be 2 carbs. I have an old slim fast shaker I use to shake it in. I add 2 ice cubes. It is keeping me full for hours. It taste pretty good to me. A bit malty. I got it at Wal-Mart.
Well, ladies it has turned cold here in Tenn.It is going to frost tonight. It is supposed to snow in the higher elevations of the Smoky Mountains. Not much, though. I think we are in for a bad winter.
Hope everyone has a great night !!!
Closed Thread