Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 09:52 AM   #1501
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Blue, I hope you really enjoy your weekend. You deserve it! It sounds like you did a great job with sticking to your WOE during a stressful week.

Trigger, Chinese buffets are the worst. My son desparately wants to go to the one we used to go to every week, but last time we went there I gained three pounds that took a week to get off even though I did my best to eat LC. It sounds like you did great, given how hard it was to find acceptable food there. Hope the party is fun and the storm doesn't hit too badly!

Well, ladies I dropped another 1.2 lbs. this morning. I am actually getting a little worried about it. Thought TOM did just start, and that usually means a drop, but I've lost 6 lbs. this week which never happens. I just had some broth made with two servings of bouillon and 300 mg of postassium citrate supplements. I will be sure to drink plenty of water today. I wonder if medications can have different side effects on people eating LC? I'm sure all the usual side effects are on people eatin SAD. Might make a post in the health forum about this. If this rate of loss keeps up I am going to ask my doctor and/or pharmacist about it.

Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #1502
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Trigger---I think you did great at the Chinese Buffet, God I used to love those things. Been once since going LC and it's not easy to do LC there. I had a salad, shrimp and egg foo young, which if you like it is very low in carbs. Guzzle that water and you can overcome some of the sodium bloat.

Misti---Yes, my meds definitely effected me more strongly on LC. I too dropped a bunch of weight in a week, not like my usual pace at all. The good news is it stayed off even if the weight loss pace and lack of hunger didn't last. I would ask the doctor or pharmacist just to ease your mind. But hopefully all is well, and you're down 6 lbs!

Just got home from a huge sale. I needed jeans, mine are all baggy, and baggy makes me look heavier. Nice problem, but I was still dreading it. But I scored, and best of all found out I've gone from busting out of 18s last winter to between a 14 and a 16. The 14s fit everywhere but the waist, which I could snap, but caused a fierce mushroom effect, and I know it will be months before that's not true. The 16's are a bit looser elsewhere but still look good and the waste fits. Got regular jeans, black and a beautiful sort of cognac color, they look like suede. Love them. Such an improvement from what I've been wearing, both the size and the cut. AND got a great price with my coupons.

So I'm a happy Blue today. Nothing but BPC today, 5:30 and still barely hungry. Having LC apps and BWW at neighbors tonight, so it's going to be a good day.

Thank God for weekends, hope y'all are having a great and relaxing one.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #1503
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
yea Misti I think the meds can wonk up the system. help you or hinder you but if you lost 6 lbs this weeks....then CONGRATS!!! you keep on going cause you are doing something very right and take all lbs. off that ya can as fast as ya can LOL

Blue I was busting out of the 18s when I started this journey also Now I am in 16s loose, but some 14s I can get into but are muffin top tight also. literally we are at the same area about on sizes. I went shopping and got 2 pairs of jeans also. I had too. My 18s were disgusting baggy and the 14s I have in the closet were chokers around the waist...I went and bought 2 pairs of 16s. one black and other denim dark blue. I am THRILLED something looks decent on again, just like you said!!

Glad you are feeling better!

Me, I did EH. ok on pizza yesterday, picked off some cheese/pepp. Had 4 beers which bloated me up. then came home after party and later ate some chocolate and chips and fruit. Oh yea. Up not as much as I would have thought, but today is easy day and perfect LC happening for this week. no wonky commitments to throw me off.

all good here. It will all happen so we all gotta keep each day as best we can and keep on working it!!
Old 10-06-2013, 07:16 PM   #1504
Major LCF Poster!

Great job shopping this weekend Blue and Trigger! You both deserve some nice new things. I only grocery shopped myself this weekend.

Scale is up a bit today and I was actually relieved. Still about 218 though. I guess a day of 4,000 mg sodium yesterday will do that to me. I had a good LC day today, so if the scale moves down again tomorrow I will not be displeased.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #1505
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Good Morning All,
Hope everyone had a great weekend. CONGRATS to those that had a loss !!!
Mine was okay. Stayed on plan for most of the weekend. I did slip up with a tortilla on Saturday night. Not too bad. I have a busy day planned. Hope to start walking a bit today. I need to move more.
Hope we all have good day !!!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #1506
Major LCF Poster!

I got a small flank steak marinating from early this morning.

I am eating the whole thing

big old chunk for lunch in a while then I am eating the rest for dinner tonight.

the family is having chili with nachos and whatever else they want. I am on meat and eggs for a few days. gotta clear the system. I do so well on protein.

at least we are 'all not too bad' and that is a good thing. we are all finding ways to make this happen and sticking with it. we gotta give ourselves a pat on the back.

time for me to move the scale down. this dillydallying around with excuses like a party etc. just ain't working for me anymore. getting mad at myself

so again, here I go lol
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 PM   #1507
Major LCF Poster!

TRIGGER I am with you. I am going to start Meat and Eggs tomorrow morning and see IF I can get back into the ZONE and mindset. I am doing well until Friday and Saturday. Then I am letting myself get talked into things I should not have. I see other`s eating stuff and I feel deprived and then get MAD that I am FAT and can`t indulge with them. So, I say well, just one won`t hurt. You all know the rest. I am going to HAVE to change. I am NOT going to give up.I really don`t want to have weight loss surgery. Time to buckle down !!!!!!
Hope everyone has a good night !!!!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:39 PM   #1508
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger and Jaded, good luck on the meat and eggs! You sound very motivated. Jaded, just say no to the off-plan foods! Trigger, flank steak sounds great!

Today was good. I am down to 217 again, so a bit of a drop after the sodium bloat yesterday but nothing crazy wacky. So hopefully I'll keep moving down at a reasonable pace. Nothing too exciting today, Atkins shake for breakfast, Atkins meal and fat bombs for lunch, bacon cheddar brat, peanuts and asparagus for supper, a bit of a LC chocolate bar for dessert. Gotta go do bills now, and then try to get caught up on some TV shows!
Old 10-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #1509
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---yeah, the socialization/party thing is tough, and you'll hear more on my own battle w/that below. But what I know is that it's never really going to end. We might get a couple of weeks free and clear of parties and family/friend/business get togethers if we're lucky, but they're always going to pop up. And they're going to pop up more and more as the year ends, what w/Thanksgiving and Christmas and all the get togethers both entail.

So I'm w/you---we have to give ourselves some flexibility for these things, and yet not let them be an excuse for a carb out. Always, the balance. So hard, but I know we can do it. Good luck on the meat and eggs thing, wouldn't work for me for more than a day, but hope it does for you. I just need more variety.

Jaded---I would say that we don't have to do this perfectly, and that we will all have our off days, our days when we are angry or stressed or whatever, and we say what the heck?! The thing is, we can overcome those days with our better days. IMO, checking in here and having each other to bounce off, our best days and our worst days, is a good part of the battle, at least for me. We all have our good times on this woe, and our less than stellar times. We just have to keep on keepin' on. Together.

Misti---wow, you've had a major whoosh week that seems to be sticking, hoping that all health issues aside, this is real and yours! And not a sign of anything wrong. We all need these every once in awhile GREAT weeks, for whatever delivers them to us. I will remind you that I remember when you were trying to get under 230, and look at you now!

So yesterday we had my fave cousin and his wife and kids in from SF for a wedding. We all met up at my brother's house for brunch. ANOTHER PARTY. Really, these temptations never end. I did OK, but there wasn't a lot there I could safely eat and I was in a hungry mode

Had salami and cheese and olives for apps, ignored the other temptations. When we got down to the heart of the meal, there was only one dish that I could eat, which was a grilled caesar salad. Grilled lettuce seems to be all the rage these days, in restaurants and elsewhere. It's OK. But we only got one small bunch a piece and then there was a fabulous pasta salad, a big fruit salad, and lot of fantastic breads.

I had a tiny serving of the pasta salad, and a piece of bread slathered with butter. Then I had a very small bit of the many dessert squares. Were home by 5, with a whole night to get hungry again. Had a LC pizza---LC tortilla fried up with cheese and topped w/sour cream at about 7 PM. So all in all, I probably ended the day with close to 50 carbs, but not over that. I just have to remember what I might have polished off a year ago under the same circumstances to remember that I'm still hanging in there, doing as best as I can.

Today I had lunch w/my darlin' pal and neighbor as we tried to figure out our health insurance choices. She made deviled eggs and served it w/olives and tuna and onions. It was good and hit the spot. Tonight, another LC pizza---a LC tortilla fried up, cheese, fried onions and tomatoes for toppings. Not a bad day on the woe.

I have been playing bouncy boo for a week and a half, and am back down to 193 today---first saw this number almost two weeks ago. All in good time. It WILL stick and then drop. And I guess the theme of my post is that we all need to make allowances for life and social events, and that when we can't have the perfect LC day, celebrate the fact that we're so much more aware than we used to be, and that for most of us, a bad day on the woe, couple of cheats, would be an unheard of good day in our past lives. Everything is relative
Old 10-08-2013, 04:03 AM   #1510
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded--lets go for it! meat and eggs does help but remember one thing, if you are a variety person like me, don't drag it out too long, if you do --when you add in other foods ya kinda go wild and cut the good effects of the meat/eggs. So do it comfortably and when you get a hankering for veggies or a different taste, just slowly wean off m/e and then you can easily incorporate back into low carb.

first time I did m/e I lost 5 lbs in 4 days. Loved it but when I started eating again I over ate on lc foods gaining 2 back. next time I decided to do it for a shake up and loss on the scale, but never drag it out where I am fighting with myself. It is a great tool to shake it up, register a good loss, but don't go overboard. know yourself and then ya can really get good results.

3 days is my tops usually, I lose alot fast, then can easily eat lc foods again without kinda going ravenous into those other foods.

WE can do this!!!

Blue you are right. IT IS NEVER going to end. We have clean weeks which I love and can easily handle, then the parties come, I can easily do many LC and then the resolve gets less and less as more on more piles on and wham. here I go

I like your idea of capping out at 50 carbs. That way if you do indulge in higher items, you still keep to a routine. I think I am going to adopt that. It gives you a boundary. A wider one than our usual days of 10-30 nc per day that I usually do, but having that higher boundry for social times is a good way for control.

I agree that we give into ourselves a bit cause when I had my chinese buffet I told hubby that while it was not stellar, (those sugary sauces in moderation), I ate way less and different than my old normal plate of 5,000 calories in one buffet grazing I told him when confronted with hard situations, I am just going to choose the best I can and be fine with it. Life happens all the time, we gotta deal with it.

maintenance will be sweeter than weight loss mode I should hope Keeping that scale moving down can be defeating sometimes, at least I feel maintaining should be a bit easier. Not having to fight for a loss on that scale all the time would be a nice change!

Keep on everyone! We are learning and changing and that doesn't happen overnight. we gotta do our homework and get 'er done!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #1511
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: JoeyB
Stats: 250/235.6/140
WOE: Atkins/LC/ME
Start Date: 02/11/2013
Hello, you terrific ladies!

It has taken a few days, and I have read most of the posts on these 51 pages. I cannot lie, I did skip through a few pages. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading the support, help with issues, the fun times, vacation times...not the bad times, but they happen anyway, right? You guys are the greatest!

I love the idea of LC Our Way. Or MY way. I think sometimes we set ourselves up for failure by being too strict. As humans, we have to have a little leeway - wiggle room - to keep ourselves going. Seems like I do, anyway. Although LC is very liberal in many ways.

I can identify with so much said here. As I was reading along, I'd find myself wanting to join in and give a reply, and I was like, Oh, no! I still have 30 or 40 pages to read, or 15. LOL!!

I feel like I know each of you. I also, weirdly, feel like a bit of a voyeur, reading private conversations or something!

Well, I first began the original Atkins, '72 version, probably in 1973, I think it was. (I was a baby!! LOL! Oh, ok! I was a teenager. Like 19.) Then a few more times over the years, then did other diets, then not LC again until 2011. At that time, I did well for three months, then on and off, up and down...Now it's 2013 and I started February. I quit smoking and re-started LC on Feb. 11, 2013. Here I am, 8 months later. Still not smoking! That seemed to be the easy one. (!!!) I lost 22 lbs. and now I've been playing around with the last 10 lbs. I'd lost. Up and down, and ALL around. I'm certainly round, and man can I feel those pounds.

Been back on track a few days now, and still trying. Staying OFF the scale to see if that'll help. Feeling a lot better already, after taming that CARB Monster inside. I feel awful now when I go off and eat a bunch of carbs. It's like walking around with a hangover!

I love the comaraderie and encouragement you all have together.

Just reading what you all have written has encouraged me tremendously, and I thank you.

I'd be honored to join your group, if you'll have me!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #1512
Major LCF Poster!

JoeyB! We are glad to have you here! I can't believe you read the whole thread (even if you skipped a few pages!)

It sounds like you've done great so far and we'll be happy to help you keep going!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #1513
Junior LCF Member

Thanks, Misti! I appreciate the welcome. I should have written you gals names down, LOL. I can remember some, not all!

Have a great evening, all of you! I'll check back in tomorrow.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #1514
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome JoeyB!!!!! What a lovely post you wrote. Made me smile and want to get to know you better. I love this site, all parts of it, and it has helped me so much. But this little corner is my FAVE. It's a cozy intimate group, and we get to know each other as much as is possible on the internet. Can't put words to how much our little group here has helped me. It will be delightful to have you with us. We are about the same age, we both live in the midwest, and we both started back on LC at almost exactly the same time. Looking forward to finding out what else we have in common, and where we're different, which can be just as interesting.

Trigger---So interesting that you think maintenance will be easier. Kind of scares me, as I've been there twice before after losing 40 to 50 lbs each time, and really goofed it. Gained it all back, both times. I do understand the idea of the relief of not waiting for the scale to drop, but for me, I'm pretty goal oriented, and find pleasure in chipping away at any challenge. But I'm determined not to regain the weight I lose this time, and think I have a good chance because I'm older and smarter, and hoping the third time is the charm. One thing's for sure, I hope you and I will be learning how to maintain together, the ups and the downs and the laughs.

Misti---How's it going with the meds? Is it evening out for you?

OMG, what a long and exhausting day. I styled three rooms for a shoot tomorrow. This is physical work, and I really need to start to add in exercises for my back, which takes a hit these days when I'm on my feet all day. I know I'm not a spring chicken anymore, but it still surprises me how much I feel a day like today than I used to. Tomorrow will be another long day on the shoot, but at least I'll have more burley guys to do my bidding and who doesn't like that?

Had a JJ's Hunter unwich for lunch. Just about to make dinner, and yes, it's going to be another LC "pizza." I'm really digging these lately. Cheap, easy, LC and delish. My carbs for the day will be under 20 grams---frankly, I'm just too tired to do much more damage.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #1515
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Joey! welcome to the thread. Jump in and chat away. We help each other. It is great to have a small support group where they tell ya like it is, help with meals and we all can rant a bit about the #@*% of losing weight
congrats on quitting smoking. I need to work on that. been trying with no success yet but I know the day is coming soon I will put them down forever!!

Blue the reason I think my maintain will be good 'this time' is LC. Last time I lost 70 lbs was low fat/low cal. Just couldn't maintain. After all in the end I was on like 1100 cals a day and low fat, talk about starving. With LC I feel I can still eat ya know and the benefit of ketosis with natural appetite control has got to be a plus. With the low fat/low cal. I was eating alot of the foods in miniscule portions. Didn't work for me. I thin LC should be a better maintain I hope

I am not a spring chicken anymore either LOL I am getting a new bike soon and need to get on it and get my butt moving. last bike ride I kinda was petering out and that isn't good. We all gotta keep the blood pumping and the limbs moving!!

In general, I did fine on meat and eggs yesterday til snacking kicked in. I jumped on a pack of kiddos oreo cookies. Good thing was I was good thru the day so it didn't really effect me, but I see I need control at night again. Nighttime is bad for me. I love to snack. Time to stop that again!!! But of course it is more controlled vs. my old time snack pig outs

ah, work in progress every single day!

off for DD to go to dentist this morning and drop her off at school later. then to do a bit of shopping. kinda easy day here. Not going to push it. kinda tired and it is getting colder out. bleck. but by next summer you know we all will have alot of weight gone and our summers next year will be alot different in clothing choices, how we feel, more success under our belts. looking forward is cool. Lets hang in there folks!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:53 AM   #1516
Major LCF Poster!

Down to a new low today of 216! Yea! I've been bouncing since Saturday after my whoosh last week so this was good to see. I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow at radiology and urology...I am calling my sister today to see what they'll be doing to me! She's a nurse and also has a kidney problem so she's had these procedures done before. Because of the contrast dye they use, I can't take my metformin for the next couple of days, but that's ok.

Blue, sounds like you are still having a stressful time this week. I hope it gets better soon! Trigger, back away from the Oreos! LOL. Maybe next time you are tempted see if you can just have a bite? Usually it doesn't taste as good as I remember. Except for potato chips. Potato chips still taste good.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:55 AM   #1517
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
WELCOME TO JOEY B !!!!!!!! We are HAPPY to have you with us !!!Look forward to your post.
Trigger, Meat and Eggs are going well for me. I feel I am losing weight. I will weigh Friday.
Blue, Hope your day is going better and your weekend is relaxing.
Misti, HAPPY DANCE !!!! Good for you !!!!! I am HAPPY for you, Gal !!!

Well, ladies I have a busy day to complete. I best get at it. Hope we all have a great day !!!
Old 10-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #1518
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---yeah, it totally makes sense when you explain this the way you have. And yes, the low fat, low calorie thing is unbearable and unsustainable for me too, although I must say, those kinds of efforts are long, long in my past and never worked for long for me. ALWAYS hungry, ALWAYS deprived. And you are so right that with LC we have more options to be satisfied, and more chances our appetite will not be so oversized.

I lost major weight in two ways in the last 10 years. First, I did LC, but I didn't do it well, treated it like a diet, didn't explore ways to be happy on it long term, etc. Lost 40 pounds. Then fell off the wagon.

Second, I exercised my brains out, an hour a day six times a week with increasingly punishing videos. Watched my calories, but never felt like I was starving. I lost 50 pounds, got as buff as I'll ever be. Then fell off the wagon. Because I could not sustain an hour a day, six days a week, because I didn't like doing it, nor was it convenient or realistic for my life, once my goal was met. It was in the end, just another diet, only this time by exercise.

Both times were unrealistic for me.

So now, third time, and like I said, hoping it's the charm. I'm more patient and more willing to take as much time as it took to gain it, to lose it. And, I've approached LC in an entirely different way this time. I'm more satisfied with it, I'm learning every day how to live longer and better with it. And, this time, I'm more aware then ever that I really don't want to go backwards. Again. I've tried it all, and this is the best way for me. I just know it. Finally. I hope.

So yeah, maybe maintenance won't be so hard this time. Sorry to be so blabby about this, but your comments on maintenance, and our discussion here, really got me to thinking about how I feel about it all.

Misti---Oh my, you are on a roll!!!! I am SO happy for you. Fingers crossed your tests go well. Like I said in a post a couple of days ago, I find the worst to be thinking about it and worrying about it. I'll be glad for you when it's done. Meantime, you are getting skinnier by the moment, and ain't that great.

Jaded----Good to hear the meat and eggs thing is going well for you. And I know that feeling of "losing weight." Unlike you, I weigh myself every morning, first thing, and that works for me, but doesn't work for everyone. Still, and Trigger has talked about this too, whether you weigh yourself once a week or every day, you do get a "feeling" about how it's going. Hope your Friday weigh in is great, and if it isn't everything you expected it to be, not to worry. Just come here and talk about it, and we'll tell you how many ways and reasons there are to keep on going. Because keepin on keepin on is what it's all about, for all of us.

So today was a long but easier day than yesterday, physically. But since it was a shoot day, there was food everywhere, from morning, through lunch and through afternoon snacks.

I did fine w/the snacks. Stuck to meat, cheese and nuts, and not too much of any of them. Lunch was order out Thai, which is tough. I had lightly breaded calamari and Thai beef and peanut sauce lettuce wraps. They were way too salty. Oh well.

Dinner will be an artichoke with butter and mayo, and maybe some chicken salad.

Sweet dreams gals.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #1519
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick check-in before my doctor's appointment. I am down to 215.2 today! Woo hoo.... Can't eat for 4 hours before my tests, so I have eaten a lot already today, 912 calories including 77 grams of fat all before 9:30 am! Atkins shake, two Sausage McMuffin with egg (no muffin and no cheese, since it was all stuck to the muffin), and two fat bombs. So I shouldn't be hungry at all at least. Also trying to drink lots of water. Have to stop that by 12:30 for my 1:30 test though. My sister (a nurse) says the dyes that they will inject into me are really bad for the kidneys. How ironic since they are trying to figure out if there are any problems with my kidneys and urinary tract! Thanks for all the good wishes. I will try to check in again tonight if I'm up to it.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:22 PM   #1520
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded, I am GLAD you FEEL the loss on meat and eggs. it does wonders for the tummy. no bloaty. just lean feeling. I love that feeling you keep on rocking it!!!

Hang in there Misti. drinks tons of water like you are doing. it helps flush the world out of your system. CONGRATS on that Woohoo loss! Hope all comes out ok and take it easy for a while. relax and recoup

Blue you aren't blabby! LOL
I agree. the other 'diet' were successful but if it can't be long term, why bother right? I did it too. Success only to fail long term. AND you hit it on the head. Whatever way we eat MUST fit into our lifestyle. That is absolute must. We can change for a while in general our patterns, some might stick, but in the long run if the foods/meals are not sustainable long term, pfffft, we lose.

Exercise to control weight--won't be happening for me. I can barely stand doing a 20 min. walk tape let alone hate gyms etc. Outdoor is good for exercise but not controlled. a walk/hike/bike ride etc. but not geared at a scheduled situation at all. never could do it and ain't starting now. I applaud you for that effort gal! impressive actually.

For me today, doing well. bacon and more bacon this morning which satisfies the heck out of me lunch was an atkins frozen beef merlot (hmmm, bought the other day. had them a long while ago and thought, not great, tried again and guess what? still not great HAHA...but it held me easily. didn't want to cook anything so I stocked 6 of them in the freezer last week. good for fast eats.

got a full chicken roasting in the oven. Will eat alot of it and maybe sugar free pudding tonight. trying to stay mostly toward meat/eggs but after a few days of it I gotta change it up a bit. tomorrow I will go back to it harder BUT I am not going obsessed like I usually do.

WOW I priced atkins bars again. they jumped up high in price. OUCH. $7.99 for 5 bars of the flavor I like. Hmm. I doubt that will be happening. I will find cheaper ways to handle a sweet tooth.

I am changing things slowly and learning to cope daily to make this all happen.

Scale down a bit. WOO HOO will take it
Old 10-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #1521
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---When you mention the dyes, I think I know the test you're having, or I hope by now had. I had a severe kidney infection when I was younger and they gave me what they call an IVP, that involved shooting dyes into you to paint the kidney, so to speak. It wasn't painful but I did get nauseous for a bit. Hope it went well for you, and most of all that it's over.

Meanwhile, holy cow girl, you are rocketing down that weight!!! If I wasn't so happy for you I'd be darn jealous. Feels so great when the scale takes a nice tumble, as opposed to inching it's way down, and then back up and then down, etc.

Trigger---Good news on the drop! The meat and eggs thing seems to be working. Bet if you stick at it for another day or two you'll have a nice juicy drop.

Yeah that exercise period I went through was not like me at all, which is why it didn't last in the end. Although I will say that I've never been so toned in my life, I miss that. I often think what a cool world it would be if you lost fat and stayed toned by reading---LOL, I'd have an amazing body. But no, using your brain burns nary a calorie.

Anyway, boy, do I sense a change in your agenda since summer. Huge. You're going to drop the second batch, yes you are.

So unlike Misti and trigger who dropped, I was UP 3 lbs. this AM. SIGH. I'm pretty sure it was the thai food I listed above yesterday. I knew it was SO salty when I ate it, LC as it was. Also, when I get as busy as I am now, my water intake suffers. So I'm working on that today, seems like drinking enough water should be the easiest thing we have to do, and yet it's just not somehow.

And, OMG, what a slew of work lunches and snacks and family/friends social things there's been lately. That hasn't helped.

Had a large artichoke for lunch, 10 carbs. Making eggs w/cream cheese, bacon and sliced tomatoes for dinner. Had a day mostly at home, what a difference that makes.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #1522
Major LCF Poster!

Well, my tests are over. You were so right, Blue, they weren't as bad as I had been imagining. The doctor said my kidneys and urinary tract look fine, he is sending off some cell samples from my bladder to be looked at by pathology, but that's just a precaution. He says I don't need further testing other than to continue to get my urine checked for blood every 6 months or so, and go back if there is a huge increase. Now I am still supposed to have a consult with the GI doc, for a possibly colonoscopy. Still putting off that phone call! I should call and get it over with.

Trigger - congrats on the drop!! Awesome news. I eat the Atkins frozen meals too, but I do get tired of them. Only had one this week so far, otherwise leftovers, and today and Atkins shake, nuts, and beef stick I brought to the doctor's office. Walgreen's had Atkins bars on sale for $4.99 last week and I had 8 coupons for 50 cents or $1 off so I stocked up. Someone posted about it in the Main Lobby or I would have never known. I don't eat them a whole lot but DH likes them. Do you have an Aldi where you live? If so they have their own version of several flavors much cheaper and they taste pretty good. Or try Walmart, some of the flavors are cheaper there, but some are still $7.99.

Blue - sorry for the bounce. Restaurant food, especially Asian, seems to do that. Hopefully it will drop off in no time. Artichoke! I bought one last weekend becuase you've been mentioning them, but I forgot about it. It's in the frige, hopefully it will still be good this weekend becuase I don't think I will have the motivation to do anything with it tomorrow night.

Jaded and JoeyB - hope you are both doing well. And anyone else out there who is reading along! Jaded, I did buy some banana extract, so I'm going to try your muffin recipe this weekend too.

Have a great night ladies!
Old 10-11-2013, 09:19 AM   #1523
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
Well HAPPY DANCE for ALL of us that have lost this week !!!!!! I am down 2 pounds !!!!! I wish it was more, but I will take it !!!
TRIGGER I bought some of those Millville Bars from Aldi. They were $3.99 a box. I honestly could not tell the any difference in them from the Atkins ones. They are good.
Blue sorry for your bounce. I bet it is water and will drop off fast.
Misti happy to hear you are doing okay after the test. I hope you enjoy those muffins.

It is a beautiful day here and I hope it stays this way all weekend. There is a HUGE fall festival going on here for 3 days. We never go. It is way to crowded for our taste. We are going on a day trip tomorrow to do some sight seeing. Hope the leaves are pretty. OUR national park is closed, so will not be going up there.
I hope all you gals have a great weekend !!! I am going to try and stay on track. Wish me willpower.
Old 10-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #1524
Junior LCF Member

Hi Gals!
Has it really been 3 days since I posted?!!
Guess it has been! Was gone half the day yesterday. Had a doctor appointment, for my yearly bloodwork and for my quarterly med refills. No biggie. I've grown to hate going, though. Another thing to work on is getting off some of the meds.

Misti: I am so glad your tests are over. Nothing worse than waiting around for that kind of stuff, and it usually isn't ever as bad as one expects. I'll bet it's a huge relief. Congrats on the great weight loss! You're doing such a good job.

Jaded: Thanks for the nice welcome! I just identified with you guys while reading posts, and it was so enjoyable I just had to join!

Trigger: I wish I could ride a bike. I have fibromyalgia, and for decades now, so bike riding is out. It instantly hurts the leg muscles. I kept at it anyway for weeks and it never stopped. Grrr. So, walking it is. But I haven't been doing it...I severely need a butt kicking. Hope you can get a nice new bike and go out. It sure is a fun thing to do and so great for you.

Blue: Sodium does that to me, too, big time. Drink tons of water today! We pretty much do not ever eat out. A couple times, when out shopping with my son and/or grandkids, I'd get too hungry and we'd do fast food, so of course I'd eat it. Bad planning. It's terrible that after so many months, I could really stuff down those hot (salty) french fries. Yikes. This is why I try so hard to plan ahead!! Wow, you really did a lot of exercise - and for such a long time. Sheer, brute force willpower, sounds like. As you say though, impossible to maintain. LC is such a great WOE.

You have all done so well on losing. I commend each and every one of you.

I'm down 2.5 this week, but that was re-gain...bleah. 8 more to go to break even. That's hard to admit. I was off for two weeks awhile back. That weight can pile back on scary fast. This is why I'm terrified of the holidays!

It seems like the more & better organization that I do - and pre-planning - the better I do, the more disciplined I am, and I will stick with it longer. So I write down every bite that goes down! Trying to do M & E, but it seems to only be one meal a day. Don't think that counts!! But keeping it around 20 carbs, wanting to go lower for some days.

I wish for willpower for us all! Have a great weekend!
Old 10-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #1525
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---so happy to hear these tests are behind you and not as bad to go through as thinking about it. My dear old, much beloved, and now sadly deceased dad used to always say to me, "Honey, the hardest thing about doing something hard is thinking about it. Doing it is almost always easier." God bless you Dad, you were so right. Oh, I miss him so.

So, I'm thinking you're looking at a real big loss in the last week or so, and now we know it's all ok, nothing unhealthy about it. You just had a GREAT week. Happy for you.

Jaded---down two pounds! YAY for you! I can feel from your posts, you're in the groove again. And btw, my definition of being in the groove is not being perfect, but simply hanging in there. Seems you're doing really well at that. That's all we can ask, right?

JoeyB---so glad to see you here again. And I too absolutely do better when I organize and pre-plan. But, SIGH, let's face it, we can't always do that, but we CAN do it as often as possible. This is going to have to be good enough, imo.

You're down 2.5 this week, and that's real GOOD, no matter how you qualify it. A lot better than being up 2.5 pounds, right? Don't worry about the holidays yet, we'll get their soon enough. And hoping you'll be hanging in their with us, and sharing your load. Amazing how that can help---getting through it together, if not perfectly.

So, it's my favorite night. Friday night. Hubby is out of town, son is working, and I have the joint to myself, which tonight, is just fine. Long, hard work week, so happy to just chill, not have to answer to anyone.

Dropped 2 lbs from my big bloat up, bringing me back to one pound over my lowest yet reading, 193, which I had for a couple of days more than a week ago, before it disappeared in a bouncearama. Been here before, I recognize it. It's a MINI stall, not a real stall. I think the hardest thing about when the scale doesn't move smartly along,is that I miss the motivation of losing. When I drop a couple of pounds and it sticks, I'm so much less hungry, LOL.

Today was a good day on the woe. Had a spicy sausage, no bun, for lunch from a food truck at work. Had Ntombi's jalapeno popper recipe for dinner. Geez, they are SO good.

Now I'm going to tuck myself in for the night w/my book, at peace, and looking forward to all that tomorrow holds.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #1526
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Saturday gals!

Although I wasn't so happy when I bounced up 2 lbs again. This has been going on for two weeks and it is getting old. I'm not doing anything differently than I have been, but for perhaps more calories, but not by lots. I have been more hungry lately, both real and mind hunger. I think it's a seasonal thing for me and have experienced often in the fall as things get chilly.

However, I have mostly answered to my appetite by eating more LC foods. Maybe too much cheese, although I've never had a problem with that before, but maybe I'm at a new point given my weight loss. We'll see. For now I'm going to carry on as I have been and hope I'm just in that place where it takes longer to have a drip, which has happened before. But I'm starting to doubt I'm going to make my 190 goal by Nov.1. but not the end of the world, so make it by say, Nov. 10.

Had some strawberries and cream for breakfast, and am now going to make myself some bacon and eggs for a late lunch. One of my best gal pals is having her big yearly fall bonfire part tonight and I don't want to go hungry. She's serving pulled pork sandwiches and some salads, so I'll just have the pork, and whatever else I can that's LC legal.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:35 PM   #1527
Major LCF Poster!

LOL, "...that place where it takes longer to have a DROP," not a drip. As it is now, I'm not even getting the drip.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:47 PM   #1528
Major LCF Poster!

Well, hate to be a serial poster, but looks like no ones home this weekend in our little corner, except for me.

Down 2 pounds, still a pound up from my low from 2 weeks ago. I am considering doing a "re-feeding" meal sometime next week if this bouncing continues. There was an interesting thread on this in the ML today. The theory is that long time low carbing effects hormones that low or impede weight loss and a re-feed of carbs sort of resets the clock, so to speak. It's ONE meal, not a binge, and then right back on plan. We'll see how it goes in these next days.

Did well at my party last night. No slip ups, although the coleslaw I had did have sugar in it, but those were my only carbs for the day. Today not hungry. Yay. Going to do a one meal day, because it feels fine to do that today. Either a nice big salad, or I'm going to pick up some Famous Dave's baby back ribs. Can't decide yet.

Hope you are all out there enjoying your weekend. Gorgeous perfect fall day here, love it.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:20 PM   #1529
Major LCF Poster!

Not too much going on here this weekend, nothing exciting to post about! My weight is up a bit from my low as well, about 2 lbs. Blurgh. Not sure why. Glad you're dropping some Blue. The re-feed idea is interesting, let us know how it goes if you try it. When I had my huge drop a week and a half ago, it was after a week of higher calorie eating. But I also started the medication. So who knows.

Got the full results of my CT scan. My kidneys and urinary system - which is what they were looking at - are fine. But I may have some GI issues that aren't surprising given my family history. So I think it is good I put off the GI appt, as they will now have some info from the CT results. So I have that appt. this coming Thursday. It seems like it's never going to end. At least I have good health insurance, though I haven't seen any bills yet from these millions of tests. So I guess we'll see.

Homemade buffalo chiciken wings for supper tonight!
Old 10-14-2013, 03:09 AM   #1530
Major LCF Poster!

re-feed? hmm. does sound interesting. I do know when I incorporate some heavier carb days and then right back on track you can get some good movment on the scale again.

busy busy busy

leaving for 4 days on friday to the beach. can't wait but the days leading up to vacation mean alot of busy work for me.

scale is blah. We went out over the last few days and while I ate decent, I snuck some french fries off kiddos plate, then snuck a few fried shrimp off hubbys dinner plate---you get the piture Stagnating again. I tell ya one thing I see, it would be so absolutely simple and easy to revert straight back into heavy carb eating While I hate the gut/bloat feeling of it all I do enjoy the actual eating of the food LOL

So again, gotta get a handle on being faithful to lc and getting that scale lower and lower. Right now I got that hamster on a wheel feeling. trying & working hard it seems but getting nowhere.

re-group, re-focus, RE everything and maybe I can get this all straightened out. all I can hope for at this point.

Misti, yuck on those bills you are gonna see. Hubby had an MRI that addressed his bad shoulder and then his back at the same time. came to $6900. I like my insurance but that 20% I had to pay still stunk stupid costs rack up fast, hope yours aren't too bad.

Blue, serial poster HAHA I like that! funny.

off to get stuff done. everyone hang tough!
Closed Thread