Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #1471
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaycey
Stats: 203/188/148
WOE: The 'Jaycey' Diet!
Start Date: 1 September 2013
Friday night here, so thought I deserved a treat - salmon with a creamy avocado dip fitted the bill!

Yesterday I made a chicken & vegetable broth by boiling up a lot of greens, frying up some small pieces of chicken and mushrooms, and putting it all in the blender. That's a nice thick wintery soup that will do me at least three lunches. (Someone in this forum was complaining that all the recipes were 'nasty' - whaaat?? You just need to use some imagination - and judicious seasoning.)

I was getting lazy about my greens - and got a bit constipated, yuck...... (So I put plenty of spinach in the soup!) The weightloss is currently quite slow, but my shape is changing, so don't mind too much.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #1472
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Tigger---Yippi I O Kiyay!!! 2lbs down! God, I love it when that happens. Like I said, I just know you're moving into losing your second "clump" of weight. The wind is gathering under your wings with the LC momentum. And on that note, let me know how you like the poppers if you make them. We had some of the cheese stuffing left, and we liked them so well I'm making them for dinner AGAIN tonight. The jalapenos are very low carb, and then there's just all that good cheese and bacon.

I'm really hoping to get into some new LC recipes this fall, and hope they're all as good as this one. I'm thinking of experimenting with zucchini "pasta" fried in butter and onions, w/some topping or the other. If you gals have any great and easy LC recipes you've discovered, please share.

Jaycey---Salmon w/creamy avocado sauce! YUM. Sometimes I can't believe how good we can eat on LC. And there's a lot of good recipes here, several have become old time faves for me. Check out Linda Sue's onion tart. Fantastic side dish w/a steak, or any meat, really.

A note on the constipation thing. I had this problem big time when I started my LC woe. Folks here pointed me to a magnesium supplement. I take one 500 tab every night before bed now. Problem solved, PLUS, it's a nice sleep aide, makes many, including me, drowsy. PLUS, it's a great anti-inflammatory. Dr. Eades says if he could only tell his patients to take one supplement it would be magnesium.

Misti---Good luck w/your son's B'day party tomorrow!

Don't we all love Friday nights?!
Old 09-27-2013, 02:06 PM   #1473
Junior LCF Member

Wow, I shall be buying some magnesium tomorrow - thanks!
Old 09-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #1474
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Blue you are crazy. I like it. YIPPEE I am moving into my next 'clump' of weight loss. that is a good way to look at it

at least I didn't really backtrack. I held on and now I am phasing into a new batch of weight gone which I am really ready to get my handle on and lose the lbs.

I am in the zone! You ALL KNOW that in the zone is the place to be
Once in that zone the magic happens. I hit the good parts of no appetite, when I eat it is getting to be smaller portions and am satisfied, the carb tummy bloat is receding which I love, (man I hate that tummy bloat) and I feel alot better. All in just a few days of getting my grip on total lc.

I am super low carb right now. first day was like 4 nc, yesterday was like 6 nc and today I am keeping it the same. basically geared at meat and eggs right now to keep me off anything else which is getting me back on track.

Magnesium. YES!! that is important. helps leg cramps also I take it every single day.

YUMMY! the food we are posting about sounds good. I like that soup idea also!! blender chicken and mushroom. Jaycey that is a great idea!!!

Gee, LC is getting exciting on this thread now.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #1475
Major LCF Poster!

another lb. bites the dust. boy I was retaining from those vacations.

no way to say other than I feel SO MUCH better on very low carb. it makes my whole being feel great

12:00 here and I am not even hungry yet. not sure what I will be eating today. I got chicken and burger in the fridge. it will be something with that!

nice day here. just perfect fall weather. love it. gonna be a good day! HOPE you all have a good one today also.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:36 AM   #1476
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---yep, I'm agreeing you're in "the zone." Such a good place to be when you finally get there. So happy for you, and great going on another pound down. Skinny jeans, here we come, LOL.

Yesterday was an off day for me, didn't feel great and didn't do much of anything. Had a burger for lunch, then did perk up a bit for a neighborhood hot dog roast last night. It was lovely, a perfect fall night w/a big blazing fire, lots of good food and good neighbors.

On that lots of good food part, heh, I did pretty well with the exception of a helping of my husband's calico beans which are the BEST, and not so low in carbs, and a very small piece of carrot cake. But hey, one has to live a little on a gorgeous fall night, and I came home feeling better than I left.

We have a going way part for some friends this afternoon, so just making myself some BPC to avoid getting there hungry. It's going to be pork tenderloin sandwiches and side dishes, so I'll just have mine bread-less, and hopefully find some low carb side dishes to go with it. The parties are tough on one's resolve, but gotta learn to deal w/it.

A good Sunday to all.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:59 PM   #1477
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Jaded - hope your weekend went well and the bloat falls off very soon! Glad you mentioned using banana extract 'cause that was literally my first thought - bananas?!?! LOL. Did they taste like real banana muffins? Because I love bananas but I usually detest artifical banana flavor. But maybe now that I am LC my tastes may have changed. Hmmm....

Jaycey - you have some good recipe ideas there! Would love to hear more. I agree with you about the person who said all LC food is nasty. You aren't trying very hard if that's what you think! I also take magnesium. I used to take 500 mg magnesium citrate a day, but I can't find that anymore so now I take 500 mg chelated magnesium (magnesium glycinate and/or lysinate). I think the citrate is actually better to "keep things moving" but the chelated is supposed to be better absorbed.

Trigger - you are in the zone! Go you! You are inspiring me!

because...

Blue - I also had an off day yesterday. Really all that I ate that I shouldn't have was some potato chips and like a teaspoon of frosting from my son's cake. But I felt like crap the rest of the day, and the carbs made me hungry, so I overate LC foods the rest of the day. And I'm paying for it on the scale, I am back up to 224.4, 3.4 lbs. above my low weight. Ugh. I did ok today but not as good as I planned because I ate out for lunch (it was LC - philly cheese steak with onions, peppers, mushrooms, provolone, hold the bun - it was just a lot). Hopefully tomorrow will be better - back to my regular weekday routine. My son's party went well, though, and he had fun.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week tomorrow!

Last edited by Mistizoom; 09-29-2013 at 06:03 PM..
Old 09-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #1478
Major LCF Poster!

Blue, going breadless is what we all have to do most times at any party or outing. I pick thru what is offered and doctor it all up to fit lc. just something we will always be doing Hope you had a great time!!!

Misti, glad the party was fun. Hope he made out like a bandit on presents
don't worry about a few lbs up. it happens. back on track is key of course. all that will be gone fast if you carefully watch the next 1-2 days and you will be right on track again.

Me, I lost .6
I will take it!!

honestly it feels great to see the scale going lower every single day. got my mojo back because of it.

today for early breakfast/lunch was sauteed chicken with alfredo sauce mixed with cauliflower and brocc. with parm cheese. YUM I am so stuffed it is insanity!! tonight is flank steak on the grill so I know my day is under control.

I got visions of finally getting past that 198.5 that has been sitting on my stats for WAY TOO LONG getting there and can't wait til i can come back and say I am finally past that stupid number LOL

everyone enjoy the day and stay strong!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 09:11 AM   #1479
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi All,
I hope everyone had a great weekend !!! Mine was okay. I had to go to a outdoor concert with DH Saturday night and I did pretty good.As of today I am doing a strict a LOW CARB woe this week. I am going to get those 5 pounds off. It could be my period. I am not as regular as I once was. Very close to menopause. Sometimes I have 2 periods a month or none at all. Oh well.
The Banana Nut Muffins are delicious and I can not tell the extract from the real thing. YUMMY !!!
TRIGGER Congrats on your loss !!!!!!!
Well I need to get busy. Hope we all have a great day !!!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #1480
Major LCF Poster!

I am hitting into mena also. long time no monthly which I love but it was sketchy there for a while when it might show, but even if it didn't come, I still got the bloaty symptoms I hear ya!

HEY GUYS---is this normal? I always could eat a ton of cauli and broccoli with no problems. But after eating my alfredo sauce with my chicken and cauli/brocc my gut is so bloated it is crazy. My tummy hurts!!!! Can brocc/cauli sneak up on me and act like this NOW? I have eaten probably over 1,000 acres of this stuff LOL and wondering why I got a bloated horrible feeling. just uncomfortable. Took an alka seltzer but it didn't help. Off to take more

man, if I lost brocc and cauli as staples that will kill me big time!!!
Old 09-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #1481
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Not to worry. I predict you'll be down those 3.5 pounds by the end of this week---if I were a betting woman, I'd put some bucks on that. I loved that graph of weight loss in the ML. Shows us all what continuing loss REALLY looks like. Up and down and up and then finally down for good. Then it begins again. I dunno, maybe some lose in neat batches that never bounce, but my guess it's not too many. Glad your kiddo had a good B'day party. They're very important I think, as much as my son's parties used to stress me out---all those little boys running around till they were red in the face, jumping off everything and on top of each other ---but I know we made wonderful memories for him, as my parents did for me. Still, it's a bit of a sigh of relief when it's over, and man, I used to sleep like a log that night.

Jaded---My experience was that my periods were never worse in terms of how long, how uncomfortable, and how bloating they could be then right before they ended, including that last year where they were highly irregular. So take heart, I'll bet 95% of any weight gain during that time has everything to do with your period. Good luck on the very LC week!

Trigger, Big claps for 6 pounds down! You are SO in the zone, girl. As for the broccoli and cauli, don't eat that much myself, but I DO KNOW< broccoli can cause gas, which would also cause bloating, as well as water weight does. Sorry you're feeling a bit punk now, but I wouldn't worry about giving either up. If you've been OK w/them before, chances are good this is an exception. And I don't think the bloat is due to water, but rather gas.

So I did pretty good yesterday at the party. It was so gorgeous and we were on a beautiful deck w/a potted garden on it that you would not believe. Appetizers were all low carb, except for the crackers, which I didn't eat. Had pork tenderloin, a bit of chutney, coleslaw w/vinegarette, and heres the slip, yep, backed beans. I loves 'em and had a helping. So I figure both Saturday and Sunday I came in between 40 and 50 carbs for the day instead of my usual 25 to 30. No biggie.

BLT on LC bread for lunch, brats for dinner. Will be a nice LC day, drinking water like crazy.

Still stuck on my bounce up from 194 to 195.5 of a couple of days ago. It's like the weather you know, you just can't predict. Except to say, I'm going to hang in there, I'm going to do mostly good, and I'm going to lose more weight.

Monday nights are cool, aren't they? Why? Because Monday, is over, re-entry is accomplished, and we're into the week. Let's make it a good one gals!
Old 09-30-2013, 04:37 PM   #1482
Major LCF Poster!

Just jumping back in to go into a bit more detail on the Muffins I made. To me, they taste like the real thing. My sis in law makes banana bread and they taste just like what she makes.She makes it from scratch. Keep in mind I do not eat real bananas. So, maybe I like fake extract taste. LOL. It is not an over powering taste of banana in the muffins. Just enough.
Trigger sounds like you need some GAS X pills. Only thing that helps me when I get like that.
Have a good night all.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #1483
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger, you go! Another drop is awesome!! I am so happy for you! Not sure about the broccoli and cauli. If you haven't eaten them too much in a while, you may need to build up bacteria in your intestines to deal with them again. Maybe keep trying but in smaller amounts at first. Broccoli is ok, but I do love cauliflower!

Jaded, my periods have been a bit wonky too. I'm 43 so I'm not sure if it is perimenopause, or my usual hormone wackiness becuase of my PCOS, or if my fat cells are releasing estrogen as I lose weight. Kinda sucks, especially when premenstrual bloat comes around way more often! And you must post the banana flax muffin recipe you are using. I really want to try it!

Blue, sounds like you did great this weekend. 40 or 50 carbs a day should be fine for a day or two. Certainly any gain from that would be just bloat. You were right on the drop, scale this morning was about the same as yesterday, but I dropped a pound during the day, which is unusual. I ate well today, didn't go over calories or carbs, only 18 net carbs for the day and under 1400 calories. As long as I don't eat anything else tonight! I had a small and snacky supper (salami, mac nuts, salsa, diet ice tea/lemonade mix), but I'm full, so I'm going to stop for the night.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:22 AM   #1484
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Trigger, Big claps for 6 pounds down! You are SO in the zone, girl. As for the broccoli and cauli, don't eat that much myself, but I DO KNOW< broccoli can cause gas, which would also cause bloating, as well as water weight does. Sorry you're feeling a bit punk now, but I wouldn't worry about giving either up. If you've been OK w/them before, chances are good this is an exception. And I don't think the bloat is due to water, but rather gas.
I'd agree with that - brassicas (the family to which broccoli and cauli belong) do cause gas, bloating and stomach cramps in some people. I'm an IBS sufferer, and the list of foods to avoid was headed by brassicas! However, I find that I can have them in small quantities without too many ill effects. (But they do need to be thoroughly cooked to neutralise the irritants that cause the problem.) On the other hand, they're really good for you!

I did another of my soups last night - this time a 'hot' one, with some chopped pepperoni thrown in and chilli powder with the veg. Really nice - I keep going over to the pan and spooning a bit out, lol. A bowl eaten with a piece of my flax focaccia bread is a really filling and nutritious meal imho (this one had every bit of greenery in it that I found hanging around in my fridge!).
Old 10-01-2013, 06:13 AM   #1485
Major LCF Poster!

I have IBS too, Jaycey. Though it does seem to be much better on low carb, thankfully. Soup sounds like a great idea, maybe next week as it is still in the 80's for highs here this week.

So the bloat is dropping, yea! Down to 221.6, only 0.6 above my low weight. I really would love to see that again by tomorrow. So I'll try to keep the carbs very low and eat clean today.

Busy at work today. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #1486
Major LCF Poster!

my bloat is hanging on up 1 lb. and that ticked me off cause I ate super good and low yesterday. I tell ya tummy is still extended.

I guess cause I was so low on carbs, watching everything, dropped alot fast, the brocc/cauli I ate decided to nail me to the wall LOL

I always eat it. never did this to me but I am NOW ON the lookout about my quantity of this in my meal. I am not going down this road again!

back on meat and eggs basically for a few days and tons of water and get this under control and staying off the scale for a few days just to be sure I stop having it effect my mood.

It is all good.

I went shopping today and WANTED so many things but am holding off til I get the weight starting down again. I did buy 2 nice shirts that fit great just to have some less scruffy things to wear out in public! But I got alot of incentive walking around wanting things in smaller sizes!

lets keep on rocking down that stupid scale ya'll. we can do it!!!
Old 10-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #1487
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
Hope everyone had a good day. Mine was good. I am doing well and keeping on plan.
Misti, here is muffin recipe for you. It is simple.

2 cups GOLDEN FLAX
1 cup splenda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp.baking soda
1tsp.vanilla extract
1Tblsp.banana extract
3 beaten eggs
1/4 cup oil
1 cup walnut pieces
3TBLSP. water
Mix all ingredients well. Pour into well sprayed muffin tin. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Enjoy !!! Each muffin has 3.62 carbs.It makes 12.

That is it. You do not have to put nuts in it if you don`t want them.
I love it with nuts.
I am eating these for breakfast and sometimes a snack at night.

Last edited by Jaded62; 10-01-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Old 10-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #1488
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry about the bloat Trigger, but at least you know what it is from. And yea for new shirts! I've found it's nice to have things that fit and look good right now.

Jaded, thanks so much for the recipe! It looks good, I'll get some banana extract this weekend. I love walnuts so I will definitely keep them in there. I'll start with half a batch just in case!

Did well today except that I had an Atkins bar at lunch which I wasn't planning on, because I ran out of fat bombs and forgot to make some last night. Will make some tonight. Still at 32 net carbs for the day even without subtracting any sugar alcohols from the bar, so not too bad.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:29 PM   #1489
Major LCF Poster!

SIGH. Hi Gals. Blue skies had a cloudy day, even though it was sunny out. Work was crappy, in some scary ways, although I'm sure it will look better tomorrow. On top of that I had to go to focus groups for a client tonight, and there was bad food everywhere. On a bad day, that's dangerous. I did well anyway, but only because the chocolate cupcake I grabbed when I finally couldn't take it anymore, was craptastick on the first bite, floury and tasteless even though it was supposed to be chocolate, so I only had one small bite. Otherwise ate the insides of a wrap, and had a salad for lunch. So at least I had a decent LC day.

But I am blue, without the skies, and it just feels good to say it. It happens. Sorry to not be so conversational w/everyone tonight. No energy, but this is kind of my LC home and
so I limped in to say still hangin' in there, even on a bad day. As Scarlett O'Hara would say, tomorrow's another day.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:20 AM   #1490
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you had a craptastic day Blue. Hope things are better today.

New low today, claiming 220.8 today! After a week and a half of bouncing it was very nice to see. Month to month is seems like usually I am losing about 5 lbs. a month now, though there is a lot of up and down. According to my food tracker I should lose 1.5 lbs/week if I am on plan, so I guess that's about right. I'll be happy if I can keep up this pace.

My appointment with Urology is today. Wish me luck. My sister is a nurse has warned me what they might try to do to me. I don't want to think about it.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #1491
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
HAPPY DANCE for MISTI !!!!!! Congrats on your loss !!! Hope your doctor visit goes well.
BLUE Sorry you had a bad day !! Hope today is better.
TRIGGER hope your bloat is gone !!!

I am up doing well today. Getting ready to go hunt for a kitten some one has thrown out up the street. Wish me luck in finding the poor little thing.
WHY are people so damn mean ???

Hope we all have a great day.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM   #1492
Major LCF Poster!

Misti CONGRATS. 5 per month is wonderful and if you just keep on hitting those new lows on that scale, then you are doing great!!! that is the way to goal new lows constantly!! hope that dr. appt is ok

Jaded, my 2nd cat was from the grocery store parking lot. poor thing was abandoned, and ended up being a wonderful pet when I got her tamed up! Hope you find it!!! let us know. glad you are on track and doing well!!

Blue--sorry you are blue. I sure have those days. when it all goes wrong, and on top of it, being super tired to where you can't function sure makes for a miserable day!! tired is key for me. less sleep and more aggrevation makes for a Blue Trigger also

I am tired today. hit a bunch of stores returning some kid clothes and boots that didn't fit, got some Christmas stuff kiddo wanted, hit a few other stores looking at things I need but wasn't successful in getting what I wanted. bleck. wore me out. hubby is tired after 4-12 hr days at work and is achy. we all got some type of small crud with snots/tired/allergy type thing?? ugh. just an annoying time for some reason. everyone gets super tired and it all gets on my last nerve very fast.

but off to get things done. tons to do and no time left!
Old 10-02-2013, 10:48 AM   #1493
Major LCF Poster!

Misti --- So I should be a betting woman Love to say I told you so in cases like this, 220 and a new low! So good. Wishing you luck on your Drs. Apt., that does not sound fun. I just hope it all ends with your best chance for good health.

Jaded --- Just breaks my heart when animals are abused and abandoned. Can't watch those ASPCA ads with all those animals w/big hurt eyes, but this is where I donate my money. That kitty will be very lucky if it gets you for a mama. Sounds like you're doing well on the woe, really great to see you checking in so often.

Trigger--- Shopping can exhaust me too, although when I'm in the mood and I'm finding stuff, I love it. I do more and more these days on line. Which I find very fun because you can go anywhere without getting off your duff. LOL.

And I agree, everything's worse when you're tired. Hope you can squeeze in a little nap here and there and get that energy back. When I get tired I'm more likely to cheat. It's a miracle I didn't throw my whole head into a bag of potato chips last night. Must be something in the stars this week, lots of obstacles.

Feeling much better today, as I knew I would. Hate that blue, blue feeling, as for me, it's always laced with a lot of anxiety. But today started better right from the get go as I
dropped to 193.6, which was a lb drop and back to my lowest number yet. Hope it sticks this time. Still working towards hitting 190 by Nov. 1.

Having berries and cream and a pork chop for lunch. More focus group meetings tonight,
more naughty food every where. Yuck. Hope I make it through again.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:01 AM   #1494
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Gals. Well, I survived the buffet of temptations last night, had a salad, cheese and nuts. But the week continues to be incredibly stressful, and when I got home last night I was in a state and decided I was going to have a carb pity party. Pulled a pizza out of the freezer, turned on the oven and decided I'd eat the whole thing.

But then, I turned the oven off and put the pizza back. Instead, I took out a LC tortilla, fried it up, loaded it w/cheese,sour cream and hot sauce and ate it. It wasn't a great idea at 9pm, and it was a lot of cheese yesterday, but it scratched the itch. When one must splurge, better to splurge low carb. So that was a sort of victory on a hard day.

More focus groups tonight, the last night of them, finally. Good news is I'm not hungry at all today, too stressed I think, might as well get something out of it, huh? Bad news is I bounced up a pound today. SIGH. I'm on my usual yo-yo program, so at least it's very familiar.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #1495
Major LCF Poster!

Hi,
Well I have looked for two days and have not saw the kitten again. I did get in some walking. I left my name and phone number at a house over where I saw it. They said they will call me IF they see it. SAD !!! I so wish I could have found it. Maybe it will turn up or someone found it.I pray.

BLUE great job on putting back the pizza !!! Happy for you !!! I hope your days get better and you feel better.
Trigger and Misti you all keep up the great work and attitude !!!

Well, I need to get some pork chops cooking. Have a good eve.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #1496
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger, I'm very impressed you've already started Christmas shopping! I'm thinking about it, now that my son's bday is over. But it is not something I enjoy.

Blue, so proud of you for putting back the pizza! Sounds like a rough week. I'm glad you were able to find a LC food to satisy the desire. The high carb stuff would just make you feel worse. Sorry you had a bounce anyway. I hope your last focus group went well tonight.

Jaded, sorry you can't find the kitten. I'm a cat lover myself and we used to live way out in the country so we aquired quite a few cats at one point - I think we had 10-12 outdoor cats?! We got them all spayed and neutered through a low cost program. We of course couldn't keep all of them inside, and their lifespan is much shorter being outside all the time. One of them got run over by the UPS truck in our driveway. It was very sad. We only have one cat now.

So my Urology appointment yesterday was pretty much a waste. They took the same health history I had already given multiple times (this is all through the same university hospital system, so they have all my records) and they basically said I need to come back next week for tests. So I'm going on Thursday for a CT urogram and a cytoscopy. For the urogram they inject some kind of dye by IV then take an X-ray or CT scan of my kidneys, bladder etc. It's at 1:30 pm and I can't eat for 4 hours before hand (clear liquids only) and nothing at all for one hour before hand. So I need to figure out what to have for breakfast that day. For the cytoscopy I guess they will use a local anesthetic and stick a tiny camera up my urethra to look at my bladder! It gives me the heebie-jeebies just thinking about it. The resident doctor said, "you don't look too excited about this". I said, "I'm not!!!"

The good news is I dropped like 1.6 lbs. overnight! I haven't had a whoosh like that in a long time. So I'm down to 219.2, over 80 lbs. lost total. I really would love for this to stick, but I have a feeling I am in a bouncy pattern. But it was really nice to see a much lower number on the scale.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 10-03-2013 at 07:09 PM..
Old 10-04-2013, 03:15 AM   #1497
Major LCF Poster!

Ahh, too bad the kitten can't be found Jaded. maybe some gave it a home before you got to it? I hope!

Blue, I have done that a few times. Started to prepare something bad and then backed out I will probably do that again also LOL stress is bad. no telling what we might do when we have a ton of stress on us. You hang in there!!!

Misti, medical stuff is lousey. just gotta get thru that junk Congrats on that whoosh. a whoosh is one of the best things in the world!! You are doing wonderful!

Me, I got sodium hit. bit of a bloat and up a bit but it is ok. I went pizza buffet last night. Scraped off the tops and ate pepp/cheese. had some buffalo wings and small salad. So stayed on plan but sodium got me. No biggie. that will be gone fast and I know a drop should be coming. I am on plan and doing well!!

man it got hot again outside. I kinda was into jeans etc. but now I am pulling out the shorts again. fickle weather!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:09 AM   #1498
Major LCF Poster!

Great job at the pizza buffet, Trigger! Eating out frequently causes sodium bloat for me too, so I am sure it will be off in no time.

As for me, I had another 1.4 lb. drop this morning to 217.8 but it is the first time I'm not very excited about it. I started taking the medication for the Raynaud's, which is a blood pressure medication that is a calcium-channel blocker. It is NOT a diuretic, in fact it can even cause edema especially in the ankles. But I woke up to go the bathroom this morning when DH was in the shower and I got dizzy and nauseated and had to go back to bed immediately, I thought I was going to throw up and/or pass out. I took my blood pressure a while later and it was normal, but it may have been too low at that point since I got up quickly. At any rate, it's hard to feel the drop is "real". The medicine is not supposed to cause water loss, but who knows. I am going to make sure to drink plenty of water today, though I thought I did yesterday. Maybe I just need to drink more than normal, I guess.
Old 10-04-2013, 04:46 PM   #1499
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---Just knowing there's folks out there looking to rescue an animal in need warms my heart. You did your best, hoping that kitty found a home.

Misti---Well, I think you're very brave with this medical stuff. I'm a huge wussy about the Doctor stuff and get incredibly anxious about it. I will be happy when this run of tests is over for you. These tests do not sound fun. But I will say that when I've had tests, the actual experience of it is not as bad as thinking about it and worrying about it.
So again, I'll be glad for you when they're over.

I know what you mean when you you're dropping too fast for your usual pace and wondering what's going on instead of being thrilled. Same thing happened to me a few months ago when I could hardly eat, as I mentioned here, and it was my medication. But it wore off, darn it. It is possible your blood pressure was too low, this used to happen to my dad, same symptoms. Hopefully your body will adjust.

Still, seeing 217 isn't all bad.

Trigger---Sounds like you did great at the buffet. And yeah the cheese and pepperoni can mean salt bloat, which is what I suffered after my LC pizza, heavy on the cheese, pity party. But best to err on the LC naughty side, right? LOVE the way you sound these days, so full steam ahead, and getting more and more in the zone every day.

Oh my God, can't think of a week I've been so happy to have past in a long time. It was gnarly right up to the end. But now it's finally the beginning of a Friday night, and my ear lobes are beginning to disengage from my shoulders. Two blessed days to let it go some, till Monday, when it will all still be there waiting for me. But for right now, I'm just so darn glad to have a weekend between me and "IT."

Very good day on the woe. So far just a greek salad for lunch. Hubby is stressed and tired tonight too, no one is cookin' tonight. There's some left over steak in the fridge, might have that on a Sara Lee LC bun, might just call Jimmy John's for an unwich. Don't know, and apparently don't have it in me to make one more decision this week at this moment,

Happy Friday night gals, hope you are all finding the peace and quiet of a week's end.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:17 AM   #1500
Major LCF Poster!

hang in there Blue. the rat race starts again on Monday but by then hopefully you will be de-stressed! enjoy this weekend!!

yea Misti, I do start Christmas shopping about now. get a few of the big things out of the way then it is just small things nearing the holidays which doesn't put me under any stress I avoid stress LOL

I hit the chinese buffet last night. shopping and THEY got hungry, as usual vote was chinese. I did well but sodium got me a bit again. eating out is painful sometimes.
cold shrimp with a tad of cocktail sauce. onion shrimp which were spicy and good (not sure what was in that sauce but sugar was there) some broccoli and 3 pieces of hunan beef. So I figure for all that fried breaded stuff that was calling my name and I avoided totally, I give myself a plus for the night. I could have eaten 3000 more calories then I did and tons of carbs, lol, so I let myself off the hook and am fine with it all.

today is pizza at a birthday party that I said I will help at in the park. ok with that. more cheese and sodium but after today, the next week is open, bloat will go away and I will go on the attack better.

ah, it is always something.

beautiful weekend here before Storm Karen comes around. we need some rain tho.
Closed Thread