Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #1441
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
hi Jaycey--- sounds like your own list is doing very well for you.

we all do our own thing on this thread we help each other alot while tackling the mind game behind losing weight also!!

congrats on that weight loss! looking good and it sounds like you are in the zone!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #1442
Major LCF Poster!

HIP HIP

1.5 lbs of extra crappy 'I have to lose it again' weight is gone

OK---I was reading that thread on the main board about acid paired with protein (or eating a lower fat meal?) (heck can't remember what I read now HAHA) is a good way to keep from over eating and getting that starved feeling.

hmmm maybe that is my lemon water huh? I live on lemon water thru the day and got away from it and I am back on it now. I use 1/2 fresh lemon at least 3 times a day in each glass before/during a meal. I MUST SAY I am way less hungry. HUH maybe my lemon water was controlling something in me when I used it religiously before???

who knows but I sailed thru yesterday just fine. eating smaller, more spot on with meals I like that are super LC and so far so good.

drinking my lemon water right now and off to find some food. bacon anyone? YUMMY!!!!

I ''think'' I might be getting a handle back on this LC plan which I am very happy about.
and Tues my best friend and I are hitting the mall and eating out (big old salad for me) and I AM GOING to buy 2 new outfits. ones that fit I gotta feel human again--thanks for pointing that out Blue! I can't be an unhappy raggamuffin forever right?

ok off to get stuff done and cook in a bit. don't want hungry to hit me too hard. gonna stay fed and not wanting. works best for me.

everyone have a great sunday and lets keep rocking down the scale.

CAN YOU IMAGINE US BY NEXT SPRING!! We all will be SUPER HOT!!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #1443
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaycey
Stats: 203/188/148
WOE: The 'Jaycey' Diet!
Start Date: 1 September 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
hi Jaycey--- sounds like your own list is doing very well for you.

we all do our own thing on this thread we help each other alot while tackling the mind game behind losing weight also!!

congrats on that weight loss! looking good and it sounds like you are in the zone!!!
Thanks for the welcome, Trigger828 - my list is being good to me thus far...... You can only work out what suits you by trying it, which is why I really wanted to do my own thing as far as I could. (One thing I have discovered - you can eat too much on a low carb diet, lol. The food is so yummy, that it's easy to pile up your plate like a greedy-guts - especially if that's what you've been used to doing! I found myself poaching two bits of salmon the other day instead of one - and then felt uncomfortably full afterwards! You live and learn - I'm adjusting my portion sizes now & slowing down my eating as opposed to gobbling - and I'm feeling much better for it. )
Old 09-22-2013, 11:51 AM   #1444
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Welcome to you, Jaycey! Hope to see you back often. Great little group here, we have some fun and some laughs on this journey. And yeah, in the beginning I sometimes ate too much LC food, but it was all ok cause it kept me from snatching at the carbs. Then gradually, my appetite began to diminish, and one reasonable sized portion is now enough.And I too have come to hate that "uncomfortably full" feeling, which is another NSV, as I used to do it to myself all the time.

Trigger---congrats on the 1.5 drop! You are on your way girl, I just know it. The lemon water thing is interesting. I do find that when I concentrate on getting enough water every day --- at least 8 glasses, my weight loss pace picks up. Have fun at the mall with your pal, so glad you're doing this. I have a tendency to reward myself a bit too often w/something new to wear these days, but what the hell, it motivates me, and reminds me. Every time I see those baggy old tops I used to have to wear, and instead am able to buy something I like much better, I feel even more dedicated to my woe.

We had a lot of fun last night, and I stayed on plan. Pork chops, braised cabbage and a salad. Some liver pate for an appetizer. All yummy and was very satisfied.

Gorgeous fall day here! So far just some BPC. Not hungry today, I'll take it. Either a Bacon, tomato, hard boiled egg salad, or one of my LC tortilla pizzas for dinner.

Hope Sunday is treating you all with relaxation and good LC foods!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #1445
Junior LCF Member

Hi Blue Skies, nice to be here! Interesting to read what you say about drinking enough fluid - I have a real problem with that! The trouble is that I just don't like cold water much, and glugging down glassfuls of it makes me feel sick. I have an iPad carb app, & I've put a daily six glasses of fluid into that (which I know is the minimum) - but boy, do I have a job keeping to this. I've even set my phone alarm to go off six times a day to remind me. I make my fluids tea or coffee or low carb fruit drink - I just can't do water! (Then of course if I cram them all into the evening, then I'm up all night going to the loo!) This has been my problem every time I go on a diet, I'm just not a natural drinker. Even now I'm only managing about five drinks a day. Am I really going to screw things up?

Also - are there any other Brits in this thread or just me?
Old 09-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #1446
Major LCF Poster!

No, Jaycey no other Brits on this particular thread presently, which is why it's so delightful to have you join in. Always good to find out how much we have in common, no matter where we live. We're a small group here, 5 or 6 gals,very intimate and cozy I think. A nice chance to get to know each other away form the more populated threads.

I know what you mean about the water thing. It's been tough for me to grow into too. I hate to think of how often I ran around dehydrated before I began this LC woe. I work out of my home, but also have many appointments. When I'm running around a lot I forget my water bottle and don't do so well. When I'm working from my computer I do well by keeping a glass of water next to me on the desk, and when it's empty, I immediately refill it. This way I can sip my way to my 8 glasses a day, instead of gulping them all down in the last part of the day, and yeah, LOL, I know that problem of drinking it all too late in the day. Many a good dream has been interrupted by the need to get up and go to the "loo."
Old 09-22-2013, 04:11 PM   #1447
Major LCF Poster!

I know about the water. I just happened to be getting away from pure water. not a good thing. In all reality your body needs water. plain old good water. not flavored with junk. as much as I know that I started sucking down more and more junk.

back to plain water and lemon water. just sipped down my 3rd lemon water of the day after dinner.

it really keeps the body functioning. something we should strive to keep in the forefront, plain old water!!

Jay, I also ate alot when doing lc in the beginning. my portion sizes can get very huge, especially with BBQ meats etc. chicken wings by the monster bucket (nah, but close)

good thing about LC is when you do hit into good ketosis the appetite will wain a bit. that is a good feeling to have.
Old 09-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #1448
Major LCF Poster!

Blue I want the rewards but clothes rewards drive me bonkers. Buy them and within so much time they are too big and away they go. money out the door so to speak

gotta hit some clearance racks!!
Old 09-22-2013, 04:31 PM   #1449
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Jay, I also ate alot when doing lc in the beginning. my portion sizes can get very huge, especially with BBQ meats etc. chicken wings by the monster bucket (nah, but close)

good thing about LC is when you do hit into good ketosis the appetite will wain a bit. that is a good feeling to have.
I think I'm getting there already - I made a low carb savoury bake for my lunch and I only ate a tiny portion of what I'd normally eat. The dish I used would normally give me two portions, whereas this time I had barely a quarter of the dish, because my brain was telling me, "You don't need all that!" And I really didn't! My husband lives mostly abroad these days, but when he was here all the time, I used to cook a big portion size for us both without even thinking about it - I think I got a bad habit from that. (The great thing about a low carb diet seems to be that you can fill up and feel satisfied - unlike a calorie-controlled diet which just leaves you hungry for more! I'll never do one of those again.) I love the 'daily discovery' moments I get with this diet - I guess you guys who have done it lots of times or are maintaining on it know all the tips and tricks, but I'm just discovering all this for the first time!
Old 09-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #1450
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Blue I want the rewards but clothes rewards drive me bonkers. Buy them and within so much time they are too big and away they go. money out the door so to speak

gotta hit some clearance racks!!
So get the way you feel Trigger. And much if not most of what I buy is on the sale and clearance racks too, although I do splurge sometimes.

For me, I have to look well turned out as a business woman. My pals, family and neighbors don't give a hoot how I look, they just love me. But I am in a business where most are a whole lot younger than I am, and I need to keep up. Sadly, or not, in business appearances do count for something. So I look at the clothes I feel and look good in NOW, as an investment of sorts, one I just need to make.

And I can't deny that I just like clothes and always have. Wouldn't call myself a fashion plate by any means, but I do like to feel good in what I wear---unless it's the weekend or a day I don't have to go anywhere, then I don't give a fig and schlub away, looking like the biggest "ragamuffin" you've ever seen. And I enjoy the relaxation and carefreeness of that too.

Anyway, love what we all talk about here, how different we can be, or how different our lives and lifestyles are, but how much more the same we are in so many ways.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM   #1451
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Jaycey! Glad to have you here! We all do our own thing here, low carb in general I would say, but we don't judge, which I think is great! I hope you stick around, it sounds like you are doing great so far!

Congrats on the drop Trigger! You sound like you are back in the zone from your posts. I think the lemon water really must be helpful. Maybe it's similar to apple cider vinegar. Drinking that helped me lose a couple of months ago. But I'm off of it now. Should try one or the other, I think!

Blue, sounds like you've had a good weekend. I've enjoyed my resurgence in interest in clothes. Before I didn't have much choice, had to buy what fit and looked semi-decent. I shopped in only one store for years (Catherine's). But now there are so many more choices! I have decided too that I should look good now. I did hit two consignment stores and Goodwill yesterday and got rid of tons of clothes. However they were mostly tops/jackets. I am still hanging on to my many pairs of now-too-large pants. Must find a way to mentally part with them soon. One semi-funny/strange thing happened at one of the consigment stores though. I saw MY FAVORITE EVER suit jacket in size 20 there - my current size! The one I have hanging in my closet is size 30 or 32! So I tried it on. It fit! But guess what - it didn't really look that good on me.... and the style was a bit dated. I originally bought the suit in 2005 so I guess it is 8 years old. So I didn't get it. And I think this frees me to sell the one that is now 5 sizes too big. LOL.

Scale up a bit today, less than a pound. But we went out to Endless Shrimp at Red Lobster last night...I only had the inital portions though and was stuffed, 1 Garlic Shrimp Scampi and 1 Garlic Grilled Shrimp. It was very good. I ate two salads yesterday and my carbs and fiber were very high. Back on track, mostly, today but I ate a few samples at Costco that I shouldn't have. Oh well, my carbs and calories today were still fine.

Another doctor's appointment tomorrow - echocardiogram and mammogram. Maybe a urinalysis or blood test to if my doctor got the order in. Hopefully the results of all are good.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:32 PM   #1452
Major LCF Poster!

yes when I was corporate I dressed nice. still own some suede high heels I can't bear to part with, but don't do well on the farm LOL staying home and not working means alot less worry about nice suits etc for work. My clothing expenses have dwindled on myself, but of course my 8 yr old daughter discovered stores like Justice in the mall. $59 for a T-shirt. Ah, come on. for a kiddo? yikes. at least they do have great sales tho, we shop then. 70% off sales I can handle
Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #1453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi All,
WELCOME JAYCEY !!!! Happy to have you with us !! Sounds like your plan is working well.

Happy Dance for Trigger !!!!!! Congrats on your loss !!!! You will be back down in no time.

My weekend was busy. I had much to do. I still can`t get into the LC mindset.I fell off the WOE on Saturday and I am now mad at myself. I am back on WOE today. Am I going to have to get myself a food police to stop me from eating off plan ??? My DH is a BAD influence.He talks me into it and I let him. This MUST STOP !!! The weekends are my downfall. I am going to work hard this week and maybe lock myself in a closet on Friday night !!!! LOL. Oh well. Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-23-2013, 02:32 PM   #1454
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---LOL, seeing the jacket you were "saving" at home in the way too big size at the consignment store in the right size---and realizing you didn't even like it then. That's the thing w/women's clothes I find, they'll change just enough of the cut of things from season to season, that often the things we loved a couple of years ago just look out of date and style. I just went through my closet a couple of weeks ago and got rid of a bunch of my old "darlings," as after I finally tried them on I saw that those dogs weren't going to hunt anymore. Haven't been to a Red Lobster in a long time, gotta check it out again, your dinner sounds yummy. Hope your medical tests are good.

Trigger---Yeah, the $59 T-shirt for the kiddo, nope. I wouldn't pay that for myself. In fact needed some cotton Ts for Cartagena and bought 4 for $3.99 each on sale at Target, 100% cotton, great colors. But I know how the kids are, it needs the right logo and it has to be at the cool store. Yep, thank heavens for sale racks. Hope you're continuing to feel stronger on LC every beautiful fall day.

Jaded---Not to worry. It takes awhile to readjust after you've been off plan. The key is staying on plan long enough to get that appetite suppression. That SO helps. Took my almost 8 weeks after I started to really settle in, stop the cheats, and see my appetite go down. Till it does, when you have that mind hunger, just load up on LC as much as possible.

We are having a string of the most gorgeous fall days! Leaves starting to whistle down the street, no colors yet but just around the corner. Sunny, crisp, and soon I hope, energizing. I have much to do around the house, sorting, and getting RID of stuff. Feel the need to winter nest coming on, and for me that means getting rid of clutter, cleaning up and out. So far I keep saying I'll do it tomorrow, but today I was tempted.

Salad for lunch, steak and sliced tomatoes for dinner, drizzled w/my homemade LC french dressing and maybe some green beens. Holding steady at 194, no bounce today.
I'm thinking I just might make my goal of 190 by Nov. 1.

Happy Monday all.
Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 AM   #1455
Major LCF Poster!

Jay, the daily discovery moments are great and help one stay on track. going LC is an interesting way of eating. for me what I loved to hear and SEE it now is that lc makes you trimmer. you lose inches even if you are not losing weight on the scale. you will come across this also. take your measurements when you start (which I didn't and wish I did). many times throughtout the journey many lose inches and it shows when the scale isn't budging well. if you know your inches now, you can compare. it is another thing that keeps me LC. a trimmer body at a higher weight. it is wild.

Jaded, ya gotta police yourself and ya gotta tell hubby to help and not hinder. I told hubby I would be changing the way I eat drastically and told him that my food choices etc. come first and that if I bow out of going out to eat with the family to a chinese restaurant that he just has to accept it. at first he didn't like leaving me while they went out, but I insisted cause of my willpower was not good at the time. finally when LC ways kicked in and I held firm, I went with them and they all piled tons of chinese buffet on their plates and I ate a giant salad with fresh shrimp and 2 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of beef from the buffet. I was the only one who wasn't darn near sick on their stomach when done. everyone else was dragged down and bloated, I was up and running One key for me was staying on plan long enough, that when you do 'give in' you feel it instantly in your gut. uncomfortable, bloated, and tired. It really shows you the different how your body reacts with foods. Hang in there and give it a real gung ho try. LC will treat ya good in the end.

Blue, I noticed lately the stores are giving huge sales. Instead of shopping walmart or some other cheaper store, I can go into Dillards, JCPenny, Macys and get quality items for the same prices. I love that. Man my shopping bill is going to skyrocket when I hit goal LOL can't wait for the big new clothes shop I am planning. might be a bit but I can wait. goal will eventually come.

Last edited by Trigger828; 09-24-2013 at 03:25 AM..
Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #1456
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---you are SO right in what you said about losing inches, regardless of what the scale says! A couple of years ago I went on a big exercise jag and lost about 50 lbs, but it's weird, my belly never got as small as it's getting now, although everything else was buff as hell. The problem was I didn't really like exercising enough to keep doing it an hour a day, fell off the wagon and gained the weight back. Now I just walk the dog. But it's amazing w/the loss of 32 pounds how much my measurements have changed everywhere, put particularly in my midriff and belly. I didn't measure when I began either and wish I would have, but it's quite apparent in my clothing, and I still have about 20 lbs to go to equal the weight I lost from exercise. I really feel like I look like I weigh less than I do. I'm very tall, so that helps, but still I'm amazed at how much my middle has gone down. And even arms and legs are slimmer---pants/jeans from last winter are all baggy, and even arms of sweaters that were tight are now comfy. This tells me I've lost a lot of fat. Burning it off on LC! AND YEAH, when I get to goal there's going to be quite a shopping spree. Agree, it's great to hit the better store sale racks and get the quality stuff for less. Lots to choose from on sale these days. I need to buy new jeans and pants for the fall now though, couple of pairs. Thinking it might not be the nightmare it used to be. Hoping.

Oh boy, I'm so tired you could push me over w/a feather duster. Styled three rooms at my client's on site studio today, and it is very physical work. The rooms looked gorgeous when I was done and I LOVE doing it---to have all the furniture in the world to choose form, as well as accessories and be able to create a room from scratch, walls, windows, paint, everything, is such a blast for me. But honestly I feel like I ran a marathon. Haven't felt this warn out in a long time. Not getting any younger. I'll be tucked in w/my book early tonight, and probably asleep w/my book on my chest w/in minutes.

Had a JJ unwich for lunch at work. So like those. Tonight hubby is making a fave--- caramelized bacon, mozzarella, onion and spinach salad with my home made balsamic vinegarette, or maybe my red wine vinegarette, haven't decided. The red wine one is lower in carbs, but the balsamic one is so good w/this salad, and I've had a very low carb day so far. Then maybe some berries, and cream w/a splash of Vanilla SF Toriani.
and a dash of splenda, and a small handful of roasted almond slivers thrown in. This is such a fantastic dessert! I've got rasberries and strawberries and I can have this dessert for 10 to 12 carbs. Try it sometime, you'll LOVE it.

Looking forward to trying new LC recipes now that fall is hear. Going to Make Ntombi's jalapeno poppers in the next few days. They look SO good. Will let y'all know how they work out. This could be a whole new meal for me, and I need a few new ones, even though I've got a fair amount of variety going, but more is good.

Well, for a totally pooped gal, I sure am chatty. Hope you all had a good Tuesday.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #1457
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
TRIGGER you are so right, my friend. I started today doing a better job of controlling what is going in my mouth !!! I ATE breakfast this morning and I was not hungry until 3:30 !!! I was drinking water all day, too. I had a great steak and green beans for supper.I am full and hope I will not get hungry tonight. I have a snacking problem at night. I eat LC stuff, but I don`t need to eat at all. So, I am doing an experiment with eating breakfast instead of drinking it to see if this will help.

BLUE, I do need to get back in the LC mindset. I am just going to have to say NO to certain things. I am mad. I was doing so well and then all heck broke lose and I just said to heck with it all. Oh well. All I can do is do better and try harder, Right ???

MISTI, I hope you are doing well. Hope all goes well with the doctor !!!

Hope everyone has a good night !!!
Old 09-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #1458
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---Hey, nothing wrong with getting "mad" now and then, right? It can be a good motivator. And absolutely, all any of us is try to do better, and it sounds like you're doing just that and doing well at it. As for the night time snacking---do you like fresh artichokes? I've sure talked about how much I like 'em, LOL. But if I get a real big desire for a treat later at night that I just can't say no to, I do an artichoke to dip in butter and mayo, and honestly, I almost feel like I'm eating popcorn. I said "almost" LOL.

Another busy, busy day, just home from work. Had berries and cream for breakfast/lunch, and am now going to make myself a cheeseburger which I'm going to have on Trader Joe's sprouted wheat bread, 4NCS A slice. I should come in pretty darn low on my carbs today.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #1459
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
I have had a day of it. Got into a fuss with DH last night and it made me have a bad night and day. I did NOT go off plan, though !!! I am going to try hard and stick with it.

Blue Thank You for the kind words and support !!!! I needed it today. I am ashamed to say this. I have NEVER ate an artichoke. What do they taste like?? I like just about anything,so I bet I would like one.Thank`s for the idea.
Sounds like you kicked butt today on your woe and working hard. Good for you !!!

Well it is getting late for me. I am tired. Goodnight to all.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:21 PM   #1460
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---if you can get into a fuss w/the hubby and still not go off plan, you're doing really swell, LOL. Marriage...well, you know.

One of the things we all fight is when we get distressed, we just want to say, "the heck with it," and grab that immediate gratification. But the thing with immediate gratification when it comes to our woe, is it's well, immediate. Then there's the price to pay, which if you ask me, extracts a much bigger price then if we'd just said "no, I'm not going to do that to myself just because I'm in a bad place right now."

A fresh artichoke can be found in your grocery produce department. They look like...hmmm, well, they don't look like anything else, LOL.

What do they taste like? Well, to me they taste nutty and yummy, of course what doesn't taste yummy when it's dipped in butter and Mayo?

So. When you buy one of these critters, you cut off the top quarter and the bottom stem. Then you put them in a glass bowl filled about a third w/water, and you microwave them for about 20 minutes---IF, it's a large artichoke, or a couple smaller ones.

Then you melt a nice little bowl of butter, and in another bowl, you put in about two TBS. of mayo, and for me, squeeze lemon over the top of that---not necessary, but extra good.

So when you take this critter out of the microwave, you will pick off its leaves from bottom to the interior. Each leaf you dip into butter and mayo, then use your teeth to scrape off the BOTTOM OF THE LEAF, where it's all at. The "nut" of an artichoke is at the bottom of the leaf, the rest is to be discarded. Then grab another leaf and repeat.

The leaves will become smaller and thinner as you approach the center of the artichoke and at a point, they will become so thin and flimsy, with almost no "nut" that you just pull them out from the center and discard.

Which will leave you staring at the hairy core of the artichoke. I know this doesn't sound pleasant, LOL. But when you scrape off the hair with a spoon, and it's very easy to do, you get to the "heart" of the artichoke, which is like the nut of all the leaves, only concentrated in four or five delicious bigger bites, also to be dipped in the mayo and butter.

Hope this doesn't sound complicated, because really, it's as easy as pie, actually a lot easier than pie and LOW CARB. It's really so delicious, at least to me. I hope you experiment and give it a try!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:50 AM   #1461
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded, you don't have to eat it all, but if you are in a crazed or whatever snacking binge, then eat a ton of LC if needed even if you eat MORE lc than ya should for the day, the scale might not move alot for ya, but then again, you are not caving back to foods that make you crave. always grab for lc foods. no matter how much ya eat of them. You are far far better off eating too much lc foods than ever grabbing cakes/sweets/chips etc. always remember that.

Blue it sounds like you have a good handle on your eating. that is great to read in your posts.

I am hanging in there with some bad behavior still happening but way less so I am heading into the right direction. even stumbling around a bit and stalling is better than gaining and going back to the wrong foods So I am working on my self to get into a good place and keep on trucking!
Old 09-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #1462
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone. I've been busy the past few days, my son's 11th birthday is tomorrow and he is having a small party with a few friends at our house on Saturday.

My echocardiogram and mammogram went fine, as far as I know, but no results yet from either. My blood tests from Rheumatology for autoimmune diseases are all coming back normal, so that's good. I'm still getting results for that visit, so I think he was very thorough. I have a urology appt. next Wednesday because there was still blood in my urine after re-checking. Sigh. Could be an inherited kidney disease, or could be something else, as my sister says the red blood cell counts in her urine are much higher that what I got (barely out of normal range).

My weight was up again today, to 223.2. I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe PMS bloat, or too much sodium. I don't think I am eating any differently. I also feel a bit stressed with everything going on (work, DS's birthday, health issues) so that could be causing issues. I have been feeling like eating out of stress and/or boredom, but I have been holding off on that for the most part. Trying only to eat when hungry.

Blue, I like your post in the Lobby the other day about stalls. You sound like you are on track and doing well.

Trigger and Jaded, hang in there. I'm sure we get through any challenges. I think Trigger's advice to stick with LC foods if you are overeating is a good one. Much less damage than overeating high carb foods.
Old 09-26-2013, 12:00 PM   #1463
Junior LCF Member

I'm looking at these Asian slaw mentions, and wondered if anyone had read Anand Bhatt's Rock Star Recipes - which are largely all low carb. He does an Asian Broccoli Slaw (not tried it yet however) along with lots of other delish (many Asian slanted) recipes - and he gives his book away for free! (I'll just say that if you google it, you'll find lots of places where you can download it.) It's well worth it, he's got some yummy stuff in there.....
Old 09-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #1464
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---When it comes to weight we can lose, maintain or gain, and they're what we want in that order, right? I have read hear about folks who have lost weight in two big clumps many times here. You're just on the precipice of your second clump.

Misti---I bounced up today too, a bit over a pound to 195.4 from 194. Same deal, haven't eaten any differently. For me that's par for the course, and yeah, maybe for you it's the stress thing, as you've talked about that before. I think sometimes our bodies just sort of "tuck in" for awhile, hang on to what is till they're comfortable to move on. Either way, we both know this is just how it goes and we'll be dropping soon. Good to hear the tests that have come back so far have been normal.

Glad you liked my post, and yeah, I'm in a good place w/my woe right now. But I tend to do well when presented w/a challenge. Getting to goal and maintaining is where I have always stumbled,

Jaycey---That rocker guy is fun! I googled him and found someplace I could get his recipes for free, and bookmarked it. I really enjoyed his narrative and his recipes do look interesting. Thanks for introducing me to him.

Taco salad for lunch, no shell, no chips, but it was a big salad that probably cost me about 25 carbs, but the good news is, I'm not particularly hungry. Hubby is having a guy night on our back porch, (He's serving up a carborama it's like he's so thrilled to cook for a bunch of guys who have never said "Low" and "carb" in the same sentence. )

So meanwhile, I'm going to make those jalapeno poppers for dinner. Actually, I already have made them and they're already to pop in the oven. SO EASY, and boy, do they look good!
Old 09-26-2013, 03:53 PM   #1465
Major LCF Poster!

Never heard of that book before Jaycey, but I downloaded a sample to my Kindle. I found the place to get it free as well but I'll check out the sample first.

Blue, let us know how the poppers come out. I've seen the recipe before but have never been motivated to make them. If they are really good I can probably make it happen!

Logged my food today and right now I'm just under my 1400 calorie goal, carbs 26 total, 18 net. So I'm going to try and stop for the night. Have plenty to do to get ready for DS's bday tomorrow, so hopefully I'll stay away from any snacking tonight.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:02 PM   #1466
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
Well, I had a better day and am feeling a bit better.Keeping on plan and doing well. I will weigh tomorrow and see IF I have lost anything.

BLUE, Thank You for the info on the artichokes. I will get one and try it, soon. It sounds good.

TRIGGER, You are so right. I am doing pretty good on my night snacking. IF I do get something it is light and low carb.

MISTI,Happy to hear you are through with your test. I hope they come back okay. Hope your son has a great birthday !!!

JAYCEY, Thank`s for the information on the book. Hope you are doing well.

Well, I made some flax muffins today that are yummy !!! They are Banana Nut and coconut ones. They have 3.62 carbs per muffin and very filling !!! Before you all scream, I made them with flavored extracts.NO real banana`s. LOL. I plan on eating them for breakfast and maybe a nighttime snack.
Hope everyone has a great night !!!
Old 09-27-2013, 08:05 AM   #1467
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning !!!!
It is a beautiful day here in the south. Lovely. I am going to maybe TRY and start walking a bit.I just weighed. I was shocked. I had gained 5 pounds !!!!!!!!!!! HOW ??? Maybe it is water weight ?? I will tell myself this. Needless to say, I am going to be VERY strict from now on. WOW, I am mad at myself. I thought I was doing good this week. Oh well.I will be doing good from now on. My RANT is over.
Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:02 AM   #1468
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---Was it a 5 lb gain in the last week? Because that would certainly be water weight.
In any case, I can hear your determination in your posts, and seems to me your on your way to motoring down some pound---which reminds me how much I like your avatar, one determined kitty.

Holy Moly gals, those popovers l made last night were super delish. My husband and son
LOVED them. SO easy to make, if anyone's interested in the recipe it's in comment thread on the ML post I wrote on tweaking.

Cheese burger on TJ's sprouted wheat bread---love that bread, 8ncs for the burger and so good toasted and buttered. Don't know about dinner yet. Cloudy, cozy day here, and my work is almost done, so it's off to the sofa with a book I'm loving.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #1469
Major LCF Poster!

Misti--say HAPPY BIRTHDAY from us to him cool to be a kid having a party. ah the fun of it all!! hope he makes out on presents LOL

glad the tests are going well for you.

HOORAY! I woke up with that 'every food is LC and I am ok with it' feeling this morning. Dropped 2 lbs. this morning. WEE. again weight that I gained but at least it is going byebye finally. All LC and alot of it yesterday. I ate so good that I thought no way I will lose, and 2 are gone, so that reinforces the LC way again for me.

today is strict very lc like yesterday. doing good on it and I think I am finding my way back. I gotta be very careful on carb creep, and 'bad' diet soda liquid creep. 2 things I have to be very aware of in my life.

so far so good. everyone stay strong. we are all getting it done!!!
Old 09-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #1470
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded are ya near your period? for me I could gain easily 4-5-6 lbs with it coming. I am into menapause now so it isn't as wild for me on the scale but for sure the monthly junk can mess with the scale like crazy so be aware of it.

Blue gonna pop over to check out the popover!!! LOL sounds yummy
Closed Thread