Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #1411
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/174/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Misti---hope you have a good shopping day today. I'm one who believes the baggier our clothes are the heavier we look, and after losing 30 pounds I don't want to look heavier!

Trigger---again, hope you do some good shopping to. After all, I think we adults deserve a few "Back to School" outfits too. Something about fall and the change, not to mention looking better in your clothes than we did a year ago.

In a bit of a hurry as we're about ready to leave to see the movie "The Butler," which I'm really looking forward to.

The ribs last night were fantastic---I LOVE LOVE LOVE Guy's blazin bbq sauce. The black soy beans were VERY good. Hubby used 1 tablespoon of molasses = 16 carbs, and I had half that, so just 8 carbs for that and the black soybeans are 2 NCs a cup. The black soybeans DON'T taste "soy." The only thing I'd like to improve is I'd like to get them a bit thicker.

Would adding glucomannon accomplish that?

For lunch, my newest fave thing. Rasberries in cream w/a few drops of vanilla sweetener, a dash of Splenda and sliced almonds. It tastes like a very decadent dessert to me for 8 to 10 carbs.

Going out for dinner w/neighbors who are coming to the movie w/us. So happy it's Saturday!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2013, 08:58 PM   #1412
Major LCF Poster!

Home from our evening. The good news is the movie, "The Butler," was VERY good. The bad news is I was very bad. Well maybe not "very," just bad.

Started at the movie where both hubbies bought large popcorns. I've done several movies since beginning LC and managed to keep it to a cup of popcorn. Not today. It just tasted so darn good to me, I couldn't stop. Then on to a Thai restaurant where although I had a Thai salad, I also had half a spring roll, half of hubby's crispy chicken mango and rice, and a couple of glasses of wine. Oh yeah, and the pork garlic appetizer which was at least pretty low carb.

Like others here, I too have felt more interested in food in these last couple of days. Perhaps it is the onset of fall---very cool and crisp here in the last few days---or maybe it was just Saturday night gone wild. Whatever, it's a done deal now.

But I am uncomfortably full, a feeling I really don't like anymore, and I can already feel the bloat in my midsection and tummy. Going to watch a movie in bed w/hubby and keep drinking water till I fall asleep.

Note to self. It was fun, but not something I want to do often. I miss that clean feeling I get after a good day of LC eating.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:21 AM   #1413
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
be careful Blue. this is the time it can all go to heck in a handbasket ask me how I know. For you, stop it now. get on strict lower carb. No treats at all and try to be in a situation where the good junk isn't staring you in the face.

carb creep is real. very real. I know this for a fact. I am battling it now.

my vacations took me out of the zone. I am struggling right now. last night I ate a pop tart. WHAT THE? I hate those things. I had nothing else in the house that was so super sweet and that is what I wanted. Sugar. And I ate it. needless to say I was lucky I stopped there cause my mind was hunting the entire house for snacking. I could have done more damage but finally talked myself out of going nutso.

my vacations did this to me. eating what I wanted, even in smaller quantities, saying I will get back on plan right away and I just didn't. a day or 2 perfect then some junk. and this stupid pattern is continuing without weight loss.

I am fighting for control again. carb creep can sneak back in like a freight train smacking you right in the face!

I hit the grocery this morning. got a ton of no sugar puddings and other lc snacks that I think will do less damage if needed. I am going super low carb on meals, then if I snack out a tad the carb count should still be low.

man oh man it can be a struggle. I am working on my problems right now. while I got the motivation, somewhere something is lacking in my willpower. so doing what I must to get back on track.

everyone hang in there we can do this!!!
Old 09-15-2013, 12:27 PM   #1414
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Yep, carb creep is very real. That's how I gained back the 50 lbs I lost years ago doing low carb. And I really like how you call it "the zone." Because when you're in a good place with your LC woe, that's what it feels like. That's where I've felt since I returned from vacation, and last night just kind of hit out of the blue---HA HA on that pun. It happens.

I did not do induction coming into this woe this time, and I'm not a "strict low carb" person as in induction standards because it makes me feel too deprived. Started this thing at 50 carbs or less a day and backed myself down to an average of 25 to 30 w/my own choices. That's a comfortable spot for me, a good zone that I can loose in. And I want to be there so I'm back at it again today.

Good idea going to the grocery store for all those LC snacks you like. Over the months I have found many LC foods I enjoy, and all I need to do is make sure they're there when I need them. You'll get back in the zone, it takes what it takes, and sometimes that's more time than we want to give it. But then you blink and it's 6 months later and you've
dropped weight.

And don't forget buying that "inspiration" piece of clothing that's 5 lbs to small. I've got a dress I bought I'm dying to wear this fall and it's hanging on the back of our bedroom door. Woke up this morning looking at it, and thought I'm in for a good day.

Artichoke for lunch, and a small cup of leftover Thai spicy Coconut soup. Totally satisfied for now. Don't know what dinner will be, but it will be on plan!

Good Sunday to all!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:04 PM   #1415
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

that's right, you started at a higher carb and backed down a bit. kinda like backsliding into place. I like it

I was induction with atkins in the beginning so when I feel that need hitting I go super duper low carb and just make the break from the other foods. It seems to be what I need for control.

today was good day so far. 1 small piece sausage, 2 cups beef broth, 2 very small slices of taylor ham I forgot I had , and dinner? who knows. haven't made it yet.
the beef broth bloated my tummy, which is good for hunger control but I am worried a bit I will be hungry 'in a while' --which means late, which means I might snack out.

but I got bacon to fry if necessary. instead of junk I am having bacon snacks tonight LOL

call me crazy.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #1416
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Ok, ladies, let's all commit to buckling down for the rest of the month.

I did pretty well this weekend. At the BBQ last night I did have about 4-5 Tostitos with 7-layer dip, so that was carby. And two small bites of the cutest cookies ever that looked just like mini hamburgers. They even had sesame seeds on them. They looked better than they tasted, as they were so sweet, I didn't really even want to finish the bites I took and threw most of the cookie away. A small victory I suppose.

Ate pretty well today except did have two slices of a fresh apple from one of our own trees at lunch time. But I was low on carb count for the day as a whole, so I think that was fine. Also stuck pretty close to my calorie limit today.Went grocery shopping today and got some NY strip steaks on sale for tomorrow. Had low carb lamb patties tonight with some pan-roasted brussels sprouts. Weight today matched my low, so I'm happy with that. I would really like to see a drop this week though.

I did go shopping yesterday, and bought size 20 pants for work and a couple work tops at Dress Barn and several casual tops on sale at Kohl's. When I was trying on pants I came across at pair that was way too big and I wondered why, then I looked at the tag and I had accidentally brought in a size 22, the size I have been wearing since May. So I guess I really did need new pants. I think I'm set for fall and maybe even winter, except for a winter coat. But I will be happy to buy new pants if I drop another 25 lbs. quickly!

Because of the shopping, I didn't have time to make anything for the BBQ from scratch, so I just bought stuff at Costco. A tray of salami/proscuitto, a tub of Greek olives & feta, and a tray of mac & cheese which I baked at home before we went over. The mac & cheese was the biggest hit of the bunch.

Let's have a great week everyone!
Old 09-16-2013, 05:32 AM   #1417
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

right on Misti. we gotta buckle down. go in a good direction, not backward I am for it!!

lost 1.5 which is nice to see the scale move down. That would have been more but I snacked out a bit on lc stuff at night. apparently not too bad since I lost but I also know I gotta start catching myself and not allow so much.

so far so good

Mac n cheese biggest hit! oh yea. that is an old standby I kinda miss. yummy and easy to prepare and a pleasure to eat :O

busy day for me today on the road. hubby is off work and we are taking camper in for some minor work and I hope he doesn't want to hit every food joint out there. he loves to eat out. gonna have to control my day. around him, who knows LOL gotta keep on my toes this time.

lets keep on being smart in food choices. every time I get a decent day under my belt is one step toward better control!!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #1418
Major LCF Poster!

Woo hoo, great drop Trigger!

If you eat out today, stick with clean and simple, like burger and a salad. You can do it!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #1419
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Quick post, will add more later: CARB CREEP. Another term that's new to me, but boy-oh-boy, the process itself isn't. It crept up Friday night then totally CRASHED my weekend. Sister moved in this weekend for a few months, started a new job in my town. She has some issues, so we have to tiptoe a bit.

Yes, I'm on board for the save-the-rest-of-the-month sentiment. Will be back after class for a chili/chile report . . .

Thanks for being here . . .
Old 09-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #1420
Senior LCF Member

Trigger, congrats on the ongoing weight loss!!! And did you find out if it was your sciatic nerve causing your "malfunction?" Chile report: the stuff I ordered a lot of online (which claims to be Chimayo) is very good but not quite as good as the Chamayo chile powder I got at the Santa Fe Farmer's Market. It's a little darker, and doesn't have the sweetness. I think if I mix it with sweet hungarian paprika and a little cayenne, I'll get the same intensity as the farmer's market stuff. To cook with it, I've been rubbing it (a lot of it!) into just about any meat or fish I've been cooking, and I've been letting it sit for a few hours to absorb the rub. I've been using it with garlic and salt, but I didn't like it when I mixed it with cumin, oddly enough.

Blue, we had artichokes last night, thanks to you! Haven't had 'em in years. I've been craving them ever since I started on this board, reading your reports. I made a mock hollandaise in the blender instead of melted butter, just because we were also having roasted/buttered asparagus. The artichokes were huge, and out of this world. Am putting them on my list of go-to treats. As far as the molasses beans getting thicker, could you try stirring in some heavy cream at the end, or perhaps puree-ing a portion of them and stirring them back in? Also, you could cut the carbs back a little maybe by subbing some SF DaVinci's caramel syrup and coffee granules for the molasses. (But as a huge fan of molasses, not sure I would sub all of it.)

Misti, I think I'm going to take a cue from you and just go to Sam's for a big plate of something next time I'm invited to bring a dish. I am too tempted to eat "bites" of bad-for-me stuff when I cook for an event. I can usually resist store-bought mac-n-cheese. But I always think I have to "test" everything that comes out of my kitchen, which leads to just one more taste, then another . . . (like the braided loaf of three kinds of bread I took to the beer tasting. Had to taste all three!)

Okay, done with Monday's classes, was kinda glad the weekend was over when I got up this morning! I finished tiling the bathroom finally (and have aches, pains, and bruises to prove it) and we got my sister settled in. 27-yr-old son is still living with us so . . . a full house at the moment. It's okay; we all get along. But 3 different ways of eating . . .

Weekend failures: bread Saturday night, and my mom sent her homemade brownies with my sister. I'm too embarrased to report on that, even. Suffice it to say I hope they're gone when I get home today. But today has been fine so far. I'm still shooting for onederland by Thanksgiving. Sadly, I am exactly the same I was when I joined this board what, five weeks ago? I should be glad I haven't gained, with two vacations in there and a bit more stress than usual.

Need to work on: planning lunches, drinking water, eating earlier in the evening.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #1421
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Trigger---Whoopee! Now you know it is working. And you sound more and more comfortable with it by the day. When those pounds start dropping the motivation starts climbing.

Misti---I'm all in for the good month, still hoping to meet my goal of 190 by Nov. 1, so it's going to have to be 6 weeks of very clean LC eating. Sounds like you had some very successful shopping!

honeysock---Don't be discouraged. I say I started in Feb, because that's when I got really serious about it, but I really started in January and kind of goofed around with Low Carb, gently growing myself into it, experimenting, learning etc. I didn't start dropping weight till the end of Feb. Hang in there with us, we'll do this together.

Your ideas for the molasses beans are great---hubby loved the idea of pureeing the beans. Will probably stick w/the molasses as I can have a nice helping for around 8 carbs. The caramel sweetener is an interesting one though...thanks for the tips.

And good luck with the sister roommate!

It's been a good Monday. Had a big presentation for work today, and it went very well. Sunny, crisp and beautiful here today. My favorite time of year.

5 left over BWWs for lunch. Small handful of pistachios for a snack. Not sure about dinner yet, maybe a fried low carb tortilla with cheese and garden tomatoes. Should come in at 25-30 carbs.

Onward Ladies!
Old 09-16-2013, 06:35 PM   #1422
Major LCF Poster!

One more thing, honey sock---so happy you enjoyed the fresh artichokes. for me, this is always a convenient and well loved lunch. I like the fact that you have to work at it a bit, every leaf is a delicious, dipped in butter and lemon mayo, or your Hollandaise idea---and then there's the "kernel" of the artichoke, which I also so enjoy. Whichever, I find this SO satisfying. Give me a big artichoke, or 2 or 3 really small ones, and I'm a happy camper for hours.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 AM   #1423
Major LCF Poster!

Just a quick check-in to say I dropped to 222.2 this morning! That's about 1.4 lbs. from where I've been hanging. I hope it sticks. It's nice to know a couple days of 1400-1500 low carb calories and I'm back on track.

Blue, sounds like you had a great day yesterday!

Honeysock - hope you can get back on track and not get too stressed from your full household!

Trigger - how was your day yesterday?

The artichokes do sound great. I haven't eaten them in years because I used to make them with bread stuffing in them like my grandmother used to make. I'll have to try them with butter and flavored mayo. I always look at them in the store but never get them. Think I will this weekend.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:15 AM   #1424
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi All,
Just wanted to pop in and say Hi. I have been on a roller coaster for a while.So, I was not able to do anything on the computer.Had a bunch of family stuff going on.My niece left her DH and came here to live for a few weeks.That was hard on all of us. I have been sick. That didn`t help any.Then I have had a HARD time getting back on the LC WOE. I would get back on and get depressed and just stop. I would gain and lose. It turned into a vicious circle !!! So, I am back on track and doing well.As of today. I hope I can stick to it and do well.

I hope all of you have had a good few weeks.Hope everyone has stayed on track. I am going to start posting again.I think it helps me stay on track.Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #1425
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded!!! Good to see you! Sorry you have been stressed out and sick. We are here to support you. We have all been a little off track lately, so you are in good company. Hopefully we can all stick with it and have a good rest of September.
Old 09-17-2013, 12:15 PM   #1426
Senior LCF Member

Hi Jaded! Sorry you've been sick. Our household expanded recently as well, so I know how demanding that can be on your time. I fell off the no-bread-wagon this weekend and got discouraged and wanted to quit, but Trigger's and Misti's and Blue's many words of encouragement over the last month or so kept ringing in my ears . . . and I just drank a huge lc smoothie for lunch and feel great!

Roller-coaster or no, keep hanging in there with us, like Misti said.

At some point, I'm gonna be on the fast track for losing, and I'll have this board to thank for much of it.

*high-five* to Misti . . . YOU GO GIRL!!!! That droppage is going to stick, I just know it!

"Never never never never give up." (Or "in," as Churchill said.)
Old 09-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #1427
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Jaded---so good to see you back! Sounds like a real rough patch you just passed through, glad to hear you're feeling better and ready to hit the low carb woe again. And I agree it really helps to check in here. This little corner helps me so much!!! Looking forward to having you back with us.

Misti --- Yay! It's so fun to see you motor down those pounds. I remember when you were in the 230s and it wasn't all that long ago. If we just hang in there, it works.

Also, just a quick note on the artichokes. So easy to make. just cut off tops and bottoms put in a glass bowl about a third filled with water and micro wave for 20 to 25 minutes. Voila. Then melt up a little butter, squeeze a bit of lemon into your mayo, and dip each wonderful leaf. And don't forget the center under the fuzzy stuff. Yum.

Enjoyed your comments on nitrates on that other thread this morning. Very interesting and I was happy to see it because I love my hot dog lunches.

honeysock---nope, we're not going to let you give up, or leave us w/out your fun company here, so don't even think about it. You'll get in the groove, and you'll feel better and better as you do. BTW, do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? I buy there sprouted wheat breat 4 NCs a slice and it's very good, particularly toasted and buttered.
It's not like the fabulous breads you and I love, but when you need bread, or say a sandwich, like a BLT, it's save my bacon many a time. Literally, lol.

Couple of spicy hot dogs for lunch. Fried up half an onion and put that on top of them with some mustard. Delish. Tonight I'm going out with some gal pals, and I'm locking my evil twin in the closet so we don't have any more off plan bumps like last weekend.
Been to the restaurant's site, and I'm going to have their Chianti steak, green beans and a salad. Looking forward to it, these gals are dear neighborhood friends---raised our kids together, traveled together, laughed and cried together. It will be a cozy, fun evening.

Is it only Tuesday?! GEEZ, what a busy week.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:47 AM   #1428
Major LCF Poster!

Thank You Ladies for the Kind words and the Welcome Back`s !!!
I am back in a good place and am keeping on plan. I hope to keep it this way !!!

Misti, Happy Dance for your loss !!! Keep up the hard work, gal.

I hope everyone has a great day !!! Will try and post later.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #1429
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Well, I'm bouncing around on the scale again. Up three pounds yesterday, down one today, which leaves me just where I was when I left for Cartagena, with only a brief glimpse of 195. I did have an off plan day last Saturday, which I'm sure didn't help, but been eating clean since then, and had a good night out last night, totally on plan. I know if I keep on plan I will see 195 again. Still shooting for 190 by Nov. 1, so I hope things get moving soon.

Salad for lunch and it will be Roast chicken for dinner, w/maybe a small salad. Very good day...hope that's true for y'all too/
Old 09-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #1430
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Dance for BLUE !!!! You are doing well !!!! I bet you can and will hit 190 by then.

I am doing well today. Slowly getting back in the mindset and grove of doing LC,again. I am back in ketosis today. I am kind of nauseated and headache.I will test later with the strips.I like it to be proven, LOL.

I was thinking of making some SF Jello Pudding with SF Almond Milk.Do you think it will set using the almond milk?? Let me know what you all think,please.

Well, I hope everyone has a good night.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:00 PM   #1431
Major LCF Poster!

Blue - sorry for the bounce. Seems like maybe your usual pattern is back, for better or worse?

Congrats on getting back into ketosis Jaded!

Hope everyone else had a good day today.

I'm down another pound today! I think maybe my high calorie (but still low carb) week last week was actually a good thing, maybe it helped my body not feel like it isn't getting enough food. I also went to my Rheumatology appointment today and their scale was only 0.4 lbs higher, and I was wearing work clothes, so I think my scale is pretty accurate. At the appointment I was officially diagnosed with Raynaud's, which I knew. He ran a whole bunch more blood tests for things like lupus, but from the results so far those are all normal. I had to get a hand x-ray too (normal), and go for an echocardiogram on Monday. I guess he wants to see how my heart is pumping blood. He also prescribed a high blood pressure drug (nifedipine ER, a calcium channel blocker) which he says will help with blood flow to my hands, and also help my blood pressure which has been a bit elevated on occasion. He didn't say I have to take it, but it's an option, so I'm going to research it a bit and maybe give it a try.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:22 AM   #1432
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jaded glad to see you are back and posting. No matter what we go thru in life and what is thrown at us, you gotta take care of yourself. put you and your menu plan first somehow The vicious cycle. oh yea we all been there!!

HoneyS the chili report sounds intersting. Also I never rubbed chili powder on meat. That would be a great way for me to expand some flavors. cool!! AND YOU gotta keep on track also. Same advice as Jaded. As much as we want to claim stress and other situations, the hand to mouth problem is one we all share. We can't allow excuses to pile up. We have to be the monitor for our own actions. ( and believe me this all applies to me as well )

Right now I am fighting all the little demons about getting back on track. very slowly the scale is dropping .2 or .4 and it is frustrating but I know I can get back into gear.

Blue keep going strong!!

Misti congrats! sounds like your dr. is moving things along to get you in a good place. hope it all comes out well in the end and you can get settled on medical things!!

chilly weather kicking in now around us which means I can get walking. Will take Bolt for a walk today and get into a good pattern of a daily walk with some motive/power behind it. keep on trucking everyone! In the long run (and this is a long trip for most of us) we can get this accomplished!!
Old 09-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #1433
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---so good to hear you sounding confident and comfortable back in LC and in Ketosis!
I have come to love that metallic taste in my mouth, LOL. Don't know about the pudding and almond milk, not much of a cook, but seems to me it would work, unless the carbs in milk help it set. Dunno.

Misti ---Congrats on the Drop! And I get what you mean about the higher calories LC week. Yes, I think we do benefit sometimes from changing it up, as long as it's LC. This is one reason why I quit counting calories---it just didn't seem to matter whether I ate at my top range or bottom range, as long as it was LC I would slowly but surely drop. BTW, I have felt good not tracking, but I do still add up my carbs in my head, and look up anything I don't know.

Good to hear you're getting your health in such good order. I really admire how much you educate yourself about all these things, and often enjoy your comments on the main board learned from your reading.

Trigger---Well, at leas the demons are "little." LOL Hopefully getting smaller and smaller. A .2 or .4 drop is still a drop, and eventually that becomes a lb and then another lb. I think your body is still re-settling into low carb. I was a very slow loser at first, but then that pace picked up the better and more comfortable I got w/low carb. Walking the dog is something hubby and I do whenever we can. And now that it's fall, it's a real delight!

So, I just took a shower, going out tonight, and did something I don't usually do---weighed myself before I got in, even though I'd already weighed myself this AM, which showed a 1 lb drop. But just now, the scale read 195.5! That's over a pound drop from this AM. I mention this just because it really shows you how much weight can fluctuate, and how much of that number has to do w/holding onto water at any point.

In any case, I'm very happy to see 195 again, even if I don't see it again tomorrow morning, I know I'm on my way there. I've really been concentrating on drinking water lately, so easy to forget, particularly if I'm running around a lot. But these last 4 days I've drank at least if not more 8 big glasses a day, and I think it's so key.

Out to dinner again tonight w/a pal. We're going to a russian restaurant that is so yummy. I'm going to have Liver Pate and the Pork medalions in a cream mushroom sauce, oh...and one of their vodka martinis, which they're famous for in about 20 different flavors. Seeing that 195 on the scale was great motivation to stay way on plan tonight.

Hope it's been a good Thursday for everyone.
Old 09-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #1434
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the afternoon drop Blue! And on the little drops Trigger. I agree, 0.2 or 0.4 lbs. add up. Just do your best to stick to plan and the results will come.

My health issues keep coming. I submitted a urine sample yesterday and there was blood in the urine. My father and two sisters have an inherited kidney disease and this could mean I have it too. Cripey. One of my sisters is treated with lisinopril, which is an ACE-inhibitor blood pressure medication, also used to help kidney function, and apparently can help Raynaud's too. So I'm holding off on starting the other medication for the Raynaud's/blood pressure, as it is a different type (calcium channel blocker), which I don't think helps with the kidneys. On Monday I have an echocardiogram for the Raynaud's and I also scheduled a mammogram, since it's been almost 2 years since I had one. It will be a fun-filled morning I am sure. I was complaining to a co-worker this morning - why am I having all these health problems now after losing 75+ lbs.? Doesn't seem fair. The only good part is none of the doctors is discussing my weight being an issue - since clearly I am working on it.

My weight is up a tiny fraction today but it's probably from eating out at Mexican last night. I had a new dish - they call it "chicken deluxe", it was a chicken breast with cheese sauce, sauteed peppers and onions, and shrimp on top. Plus guacamole and sour cream. It was very good and a little bit of a change of pace. Had leftovers of that for lunch and a burger and salad for supper. I think I will go to bed early tonight. My son woke up several times last night because he was too hot. Shut off the AC too soon I guess. I turned it back on today, as it was over 90 degrees. So I was dragging at work today. Need to get some more accomplished tomorrow so I hope I can sleep better tonight.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #1435
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All !!!
Hope everyone had a good day !!! TRIGGER Thank You for the kind words and Blue,you too.
Happy for your loss Blue and Trigger !!!
I am in Ketosis and going strong.I am keeping on the right path and working the WOE. Haven`t had this much energy in weeks.
I have not made the Pudding. I decided it was a bit too carby for me right now. Maybe later on.
Misti hope you are feeling better. Hope all your test turn out okay.
Hope everyone has a good night !!!
Old 09-20-2013, 12:54 PM   #1436
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---good to see you here so regularly! It's easier to do this together, yes?

Misti---Sorry to hear about all these health issues for you. It is a big drain on one's energy and can cause a lot of anxiety. But like I said, you are one very informed gal, and very proactive about your health. Even if it doesn't seem like it right now, I just know that's going to reward you in your slimmer future.

So today is a rare Friday off for me, usually on site on Fridays, but today I'm doing a bit of work from home, then going to run out to a little farmer's market near by and pick up some veggies and some hot sauce this guy sells there that's out of this world.

Did well out last night. Totally on plan and totally delicious. Still bounced up a pound today, but all in all it's still a pound loss since vacation and I'll take it!

Had a really delish lunch today. Two garlic herb LC tortilla wraps (4NCs each)
which I fried and crisped up in butter, covered with cheese and fried onions, broiled till all melty, then added sour cream and hot sauce. YUMMERS. I was hungry today, and so I decided on two, and a bigger lunch than I usually have. I am now totally satisfied.

Despite a few off plan moments, I still marvel at how much I've come to enjoy this woe, and how much it satisfies me most of the time.

Happy Friday everyone.
Old 09-21-2013, 07:32 AM   #1437
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jaded it is great to hear you have tons of energy. boy I sure love that about low carb. when I do eat a tad more than I should, I feel it immediately. the other day I had 1/2 a buttermilk biscuit with my breakfast bacon/cheese omlette while eating out. I could feel it. actually feel it bloating me. I am way more in tune with my body now. no more 1/2 biscuits for me. they just set so wrong I also felt that biscuit drag me down. usually after eating I feel great, this time I felt a lag. I like the good energy after eating, not the lag lol

Blue you are doing great. I use the scale on some days as an indicator also on how I am doing throughtout the day.

Misti I turned off the ac too early also. hubby had a cow. TOO HOT! some chilly days with nice cool air with the windows open then wham, back to muggy hot. we need cool to sleep good at night also so AC is back on right now.
Hang in there on the medical issues. you will get yourself all take care of and on the right path. lc will help you get there

I am getting off water. I noticed I am buying diet sodas when I run out for the day to the store or whatever. Or drinking some of the water with those enhancer things you squeeze. Ordering unsweet tea and using 1/2 packet splenda in it when out.

I am off my lemon water and just pure water. starting today I am back on lemon water throughout the day and just plain water. ''bad liquid creep'' kicking in now. not a good thing.

I am down to ONE pair of jeans. My 14s are too tight. this bloat I got happening with a few lbs gained from the summer vacations took me out of 3 pairs of 14 jeans. So I have one pair of 16s I am wearing. A bit baggy but the 14s are way too tight now. UGH I tell ya, it is a mind numbing pain in the butt situation. I gotta lose some good lbs and bloat to get into the 14s again.

So while my vision of new motivations are kicking in, I also realize I am limited in clothes to wear!! man oh man ya can't win some days. I got to rock some lbs off to get the 14s back on so I have some pants options. Also my 14 capris don't fit again. tight. can get them on but can't breathe LOL I have 2 pairs of size 18 capris I am wearing and they are getting horrible baggy.

I feel like a clothes leper or something. Look sloppy baggy and so limited on clothes is getting me ill/nasty now.

OK--enough of my ranting. time to lose some lbs, get back into my 14s and keep rolling down the scale. life's detours can be a pain but I will eventually get to where I want to be!!
Old 09-21-2013, 09:28 AM   #1438
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are back in ketosis Jaded! Sounds like you had a great day off Blue. It's nice to have those days once in a while! Trigger, you sound very motivated and back on track. You'll be back in the 14's in no time! Maybe find a pair of stretchy pants for now, though, so you'll have something else to wear! I'm thinking of cutting the diet sodas myself. I didn't drink any sodas for 10 years and since I have been eating LC I've been drinking them regularly. Not sure they are hurting me, but I doubt they are helping me either.

Well, I'm down a tiny bit today after mild bouncing for a few days. A new low of 221 lbs. So 79 lbs. lost in just over 10 months. Now I am thinking 100 lbs. gone in a year or so is a possibility. So I'm pretty motivated to stay on track right now.

I've decided to get rid of pretty much all my too big winter tops. Including the ones I was wearing just last winter. I have an appointment at one consignment store today then I'll swing by another, as the first one has a two box limit per day. I still have the old pants, though. I have always had an easy time finding tops and a hard time finding pants. So I might wait until for a few months to get rid of some of the old pants. My son's closet is stuffed with them, though, and I just added all the size 22's in there. Never thought I'd have this problem, so I suppose it is a good one to have.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #1439
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon gals.

Trigger---I'm w/Misti, think about getting yourself one nice pair of jeans or pants, even if you have to do a 16. I'm a big believer in feeling like we're looking good NOW, even though we all have a ways to our goals. My baggy clothes were OK when I was 32 pounds heavier, I needed those sacks. But now I find that my too big clothes make me look heavier and dowdier. Sometime a nice new outfit sure perks you up, and feeling better about how I look motivates me to stay on plan and look even better!

Misti---221!!!! 79 lbs gone!!!! That is so cool. And yes, the way you've been going, I think you might just hit that 100 lb goal in a year. In any case, it's going to be darn close. And I too got rid of all my too big tops, even ones I just bought last winter. They were looking sloppy on my, and I did buy them because I loved them, i bought them because they fit me. Now they don't, bye bye, and good riddance.

Down to 194.0 this morning! It even flashed 193. something, fast, then settled to 194. So I'm counting it even it bounces up tomorrow, clearly the direction is down. So that makes 32 pounds for me in 8 months---and continues to be an average of a pound a week, even if it didn't come off in that neat order. So computing ahead, I will probably loose about 16 more pounds by Feb. Which will leave me 12 pounds from goal, which for me is 160. Although things might slow down as I get closer. Still, time flies when you're feeling good, and these last 8 months have been pretty painless for the better part. Like my food, like my plan, love you gals! You guys add a lot fun.

Today I had a salad for lunch and BPC. Out to dinner w/old friends of ours tonight, don't know where yet, but that 194 on the scale this am is a nice motivator to not go sliding off plan.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:03 PM   #1440
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jaycey
Stats: 203/188/148
WOE: The 'Jaycey' Diet!
Start Date: 1 September 2013
Hi, I'm liking the look of this thread because I didn't want to stick rigidly to one particular plan, so I made up my own based on the most popular LC diets - I've made a JPG of it and put it in my gallery. It's pretty simple and allows me to keep higher carbs to a minimum - & if it's not in my list, then I don't eat it! I've lost a stone so far, so I must be doing something right!
Closed Thread