Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #1291
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/178/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hey Misti---OMG, flying is the worst these days, imo. Good on you to stay on track through nine hours of boredom and junk food temptations in the airport.

And yeah, I'm sure it will be challenging for you to match your parent's schedules and eating w/yours. But IIRC, you're going to be there for two weeks and chances are, you'll settle into a good groove. You've planned ahead and made sure you have the stuff you need. AND, you have your son to consider too, and your continued concern for him really touches me, as I have a son too. Mine is much older than yours,with different issues, but we know how to go into jungle mama mode when we need to, right?

I loved that you checked in tonight, was so happy to see you here. We're here for you, throughout your vacation, the ups and the downs.

ANNNNNNNNND, how could I leave this till last? You're down 2 lbs!!! YAY. I'm telling you Misti, you CAN have a great vacation, even a few treats here and there, and NOT gain or put yourself behind yourself after all your hard work. I know it's possible, and not only possible, but preferable and enjoyable. Looking forward to your next vacation post.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #1292
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
9 hrs at the airport. OMG! that had to stink bet you are glad that is over LOL

down 2 lbs is wonderful. you hang in there and stay the course. you are doing fab!!!

kids over to swim, yelling for pizza time and I jumped on 2 pieces. (along with 3 beers for us adults ) bleck. I am up a bit. nothing I can't handle BUT I realized I AM NOT getting back on board. dragging my feet. 2-3 days doing very well then I CHOOSE to eat off plan. that just isn't cool.
justifying little bits here and there. that has to stop.

but here we go again. leave tomorrow for a 5 day trip to the mts. told hubby I will be eating way different than him no this trip. will take longer to prepare my eating instead of just jumping on whatever comes my way with carbs

So I gotta get my head together straight, get my act back in gear. I was in such a good place, losing well, then BAM I got out of whack.

It is hard guys. no doubt about that. so I know what I am doing wrong, why can't I just get a hard fix on it and fly right? I don't know. Only redeeming thing in the near future is kiddo goes back to school and I have days to myself without kiddo parties and I can maybe get a more better grasp on things.

I lose so well in winter type months and do so bad in the summer time. by next summer that has got to be handled. at least I got alot of time to work on myself LOL

its all good. I see it and must do something about it hard and fast and get control.

sorry for the ranting a bit. It does feel good to write it out and it cements in me that it is true. I am straying and have to get hard back on board.

ah, life is tough some days
Old 08-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #1293
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi All,
I want to say WELCOME to HONEYSOCK !!! Sorry I missed you when you joined up with us !!!!

Congrats on the weight loss to all of us that had a drop !!!!! I did drop 2 pounds on Friday and kept it off and did well over the weekend !!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day !!!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #1294
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to say I am doing Meat and Egg starting this morning. So far so good. I hope to do it for 3 days.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:17 AM   #1295
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---The GOOD thing is that you are here, and aware. And, although you've struggled over the summer, you have not gone willy nilly back up the scale, in fact seems you've maintained over this summer, for the better part, and that's a ANOTHER very GOOD thing!

I've mentioned it before, but I do believe if we hit a bad bump the next best thing is maintaining what we've lost. And I'm w/you, summer is the hardest imo, with all the vacations and bbqs etc. Tomorrow night it's an ice cream social in our neighborhood. Going to have to bring down my SD RS ice cream and my own toppings---which is always kind of weird because it gets all the questions going.

Hang in their girl. Soon the fall winds will blow, it will get darker earlier, and we won't have so many opportunities to carb out, or so many temptations. I look forward to that and trying some new LC recipes. Haven't felt like cooking all summer---LOL, but then I haven't felt like cooking most of my life.

Jaded --- Congrats on the loss and the hold! I'll be interested to hear how your meat and eggs fast goes. Never tried this. Curious.

But right now no need for a fast of any kind. My appetite continues to be way down, and duh, I finally figured out why. A couple of years ago I suffered from a few panic attacks for the first time in my life. Went on Zoloft for a year, then tapered off. They came back this spring, out of the blue, or so I thought. Panic attacks do not have to come from any one thing, and I've had them when everything was going swell.

Again, duh, I finally realized that the anxiety attacks had begun as I went very low carb.
Did some research, and sure enough, serotonin uptake is thwarted w/less carbs, and I have a weaker uptake anyway. So a week and a half ago I got back on the zoloft. Didn't give it much of a thought because i'm on a very low dosage, and had no side effects last time.

But like everything else, things hit you harder on Low carb I've found, including alcohol, caffeine and now zoloft. Did more research and found many experience weight loss in the beginning on this, and some experience weight gain. Like everything YMMV. Seems this time I'm going the weight loss route. Dropped ANOTHER pound. Which doesn't surprise me so much now that I've connected my lack of appetite to a cause, and my appetite really is about non existent right now. Won't last forever, or even much longer from what I read, but for now, what the heck, I'll take it.

Today was BPC for breakfast---on top of its other benefits I find the fat and cream coats my stomach and keeps me from getting jittery on the caffeine. Small salad for lunch, had to force myself to eat it as I have a long business meeting this afternoon, that I need to run off to now, and didn't want to feel light headed from lack of food. Tonight will be artichokes, butter and mayo, and maybe an avocado. Going for the fat when I'm eating this little.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #1296
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
. . .
I want to say WELCOME to HONEYSOCK !!! Sorry I missed you when you joined up with us !!!!
Thanks Jaded. You maybe didn't see me because I'm shrinking? Oh now wait, that's a bit premature; I haven't even lost 5 lbs. yet. Long way to go. But thanks for the welcome!

Misti, I can't believe you did so well stuck in an airport. I would have consoled myself with junk food.

Good to know about the anxiety attacks being triggered by low carb, Blue. I had them during a rough spot a few years back. I wonder if I was doing low carb at the time? Can't remember.

Trigger, ranting is one of the rights here. correct? Complacency, combined with a lack of focus, is probably my single biggest problem. There are SO many times I think I would rather stay overweight than have to work so hard and deny myself from the foods that I want. Then I'll eat a bunch of carbs and feel awful, physically and emotionally. Bloat + guilt = bloalt (?) But I'm at the age now where I know I have to do it for my health. Diabetes runs in my family.

My weekend was okay; I've been going a little crazy with the test strips but if it keeps on the straight and narrow, I'm going to keep shelling out the dough for them. I know, for example, that subbing low-carb bread on a bacon cheeseburger was enough to knock me out of ketosis for a day, but I'm back in it now. (Should have just removed the bun, period. Doh!) This time around, I'm paying more attention to the day-to-day details than I have in the past.

We'll be going to Las Vegas next week on vacation; I've already got a food plan! By then I should have enough invested that I won't lose my resolve.

It's low-carb enchiladas for dinner here, at DH's request. At least he's doing low-carb with me; he says he'll never go on any other kind of diet. (Why would he? He always drops weight soooo darn fast on LC.)

Happy rest-o'-the-Monday to you all.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:12 AM   #1297
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded good luck on meat and eggs. I always get great results doing it. I hope you do too!!!

Blue you are so right and so helpful!!! believe me all that helps me alot! I appreciate your thoughts and they are good ones It means alot. on the ice cream, as long as you don't use pepperoni as a topping you should be ok HAHA

honey--Bloat + guilt = bloalt (?) LOL I love it! new term in low carb! yes ranting here is allowed cause when ya do, some great people come in and give me good advice which I need right now!! hang in there like me. it all works in the end if we slowly change our mind set and adapt to a new way of eating.

OFF today for 5 days. to the mountains. hmm...rain in forecast for all my days. might be home early ?? who knows. depends on the amt of rain of course. food wise 'my mind' is settling down. some times it gets hard mentally fighting this vs. just physical. my mind game is more wonky vs. actual hunger. So working on that and today I woke up feeling alot more in control. I hope it sticks!!!

See ya'll in 5 days and hope I have no rantings, just good news about what I was eating LOL

take care all and good losses on those scales
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #1298
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Finally got some computer time - my father is pretty much online constantly and typing on my iPod stinks.

Trigger - hope you have a great trip to the mountains and are able to stay on track as much as possible. Summer is tough - I haven't lost much at all this summer and I've only had one small trip before this one. It is weird that weight loss is easier in the winter, but I do agree with that. Maybe because standard comfort foods involve so many carbs it is easier to overeat them in the winter, but since we are avoiding them it works differently for LCers.

Blue - interesting about the Zoloft. As long as you aren't experiencing any other bad side effects I would take the weight loss side effect as well! I am on metformin for PCOS/insulin resistance (not diabetes), and given my most recent insulin and blood glucose numbers I probably can cut it way down or stop it, but I don't want to right now in case it is helping my weight loss. Good for you for doing the research and making an informed decision. Congrats on your loss!

Jaded - How is the meat and egg going? Next time my weight loss slows/stalls I am definitely giving it a whirl. Congrats on the drop!

Honeysock - It's great your DH is doing LC with you. Mine is as well and it makes life so much easier. Have fun in Vegas! I'm impressed you have a food plan for there! Where will you be staying and what will you be doing? I've never been except in the airport! Low carb enchiladas sound good! What did you use for tortillas?

As for me, I have been sticking on plan so far at my parents' house. I have been having an Atkins shake for breakfast fairly early, then making my own (and DS's lunch) then we eat supper together. My mother thinks I look a lot thinner (I hope so, almost 70 lbs. less than the last time she saw me) but she still trying to foist food on me. Yesterday I had my shake before they had breakfast, then she made eggs for her, my father and my son. She said, "can't you even have an egg?" I said I could, but I'm not hungry. Though if I knew they were having eggs I might have waited on the shake, but since I drank it, I didn't need any additional food at that point. We went to a movie yesterday afternoon (a couple handfuls of popcorn for me, as usual) then to Longhorn steakhouse for dinner and I had half a ribeye, salad and a few green beans. Weight is holding steady at 230.2 lbs. on my mom's scale, but I'm not updating my weight until I get home and can verify on my own scale. Would love to see 220's while I am here though! Going to the beach today, it's been cool here but it should warm up by early afternoon. Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #1299
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all,
Hope you gals on Vacation are having a wonderful time !!! We used to go on vacations every year. Just got tired of it.My husband thinks a vacation is a race to do as much as you can do in the time you have to do it in. It kills me. I decided to just stop doing it. I like to take time to rest,afterall isn`t that what a vacation is for?? LOL.We live so close to a huge national park it is just 30 minutes away from us. We can go there anytime we want.We now take Daycations, LOL.

My meat and egg is working. I was not one bit hungry last night !!! I had to make myself eat breakfast. I am in Ketosis and feeling good !!!
Hope everyone has a great day !!!!

Last edited by Jaded62; 08-06-2013 at 08:15 AM..
Old 08-06-2013, 09:08 AM   #1300
Senior LCF Member

Happy Tuesday, but not really for me. Woke up feeling awful--I think it was the eggs I couldn't resist on Sunday morning. I made them for DH but I ate some before he noticed and could stop me. (I developed an almost overnight GI resistance to them a few years ago. So, I knew I would pay for it. Serves me right!)

I weigh tomorrow at WW, I hope the scales smile on me.

Misti, have fun at the beach! That sounds lovely. Oh yeah, for the enchiladas I used La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas at 3 net carbs each. For the sauce, I used a great find: hot red chile puree by The Authentic New Mexican (brand) in a carton in the frozen section at WM. It has 0 (yes!) net carbs per serving. I added spices and chicken base and thickened it with some low carb biscuit mix. With a ground beef and onion filling and lots of cheddar cheese on top, they were pretty good. I had one (they were huge--more burrito sized than enchilada-sized) and topped it with bulgarian yogurt, olives, and guacamole; DH ate three and wanted another. I'm sitting here looking at the carton of the same brand of green chile puree: sadly, it has 4 g. of net carbs per 2 Tbsps.

Trigger, have fun in the mountains! I hope the "rain washes you clean" *sings Fleetwood Mac song*

Jaded and Blue, keep on a-dropping! Blue, do you use fresh artichokes, or just the hearts? That sounds so good for a simple supper.

Off to ponder lunch possibilities . . .
Old 08-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #1301
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Hope you're already in vacation land, happy and carefree!

Misti---Good to hear from you in vacation land. Sounds like you're doing very well so far. I am imagining you at the beach, wind in your hair, smile on your face, and looking slimmer! And how nice that your mom's scale has you lower---enjoy it. When in Rome, LOL.

Jaded---Good news on the meat and eggs, AND the lack of appetite. I do love that, makes everything easier. And I like "daycations" too! Or even an overnight. Sometimes it's just good to get out of the house and all the responsibilities always sitting there for us.

honeysock---Wow, those enchiladas sound fantastic. I've got to get some of those La Tortilla Factory tortillas. I keep forgetting about them. I think they'd also be good baked till crisp, and then topped w/cheese, sour cream and jalape˝os. On my list they go. And yes, I use fresh artichokes. Cut off bottom and top. Put in glass bowl filled a third with water. Microwave for around 15 minutes or so, YMMV. Then I heat up the butter in a ramekin, and in another ramekin I squeeze in lemon juice and mix w/mayo. Then dip away with each leaf. When you've gone through all the meaty leaves, you get to the heart. Scrape off furry stuff, and dip. Delish. Honest to God, I never get sick of these. They are so satisfying to me, and help replace buttered popcorn.

I can really feel you "winding up at the mound" on your woe. So happy you've joined us and are checking in. Wishing you a drop tomorrow, but whether it happens or not, report here immediately, LOL. We'll celebrate w/you, or talk you down.

Today I woke up w/a feeling of low blood sugar that I haven't had forever, as mainly I'm battling higher blood sugars. But my body was screaming for fruit, so I grabbed a granny Smith apple, ate half of it, and felt much better. But Good Lord, I googled carbs in a granny Smith and it's 24 NCs for an apple. So before my eyes were totally open I'd used up a good portion of my day's carbs.

But no matter, I decided today would be a higher carb day and had artichokes for lunch again, and will have BWW chicken wings for dinner, at 2 carbs each, and I'll have 8 to 10. I've been quite good on carbs and calories this week, due to my lack of appetite, but today for the first time food looks good to me again, and I think I need it. I'm really trying to listen to my body more these days. And although I don't plan on it, cycling calories and carbs can be beneficial for me, meaning a higher day after many lower ones. And I reflect as I write this, that these days a "high" carb day for me is 50 carbs, which I'll come in close to today, as opposed to the 300 a day easy that I used to eat.
Perspective is important, obsession is never good.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #1302
Major LCF Poster!

Quiet day here it seems. Been a good LC day for me. Had some black berries in cream w/a dash of splenda for breakfast. So good, started my day w/a smile.

Two really good spicy hot dogs for lunch, w/onions, tomatoes, cornichon pickles, mustard and celery seed salt---my version of a Chicago hot dog w/out the bun. Love this, and so satisfying.

Tonight will be a steak and watermelon salad. I've been making this lately and it's so yummy. Chilled watermelon w/olive oil, lemon juice, tabasco, blue cheese crumbles, kalamata olives, onions, salt, ground pepper and mint leaves. Totally refreshing w/so many flavors dancing together.

Hope everyone is having a tasty LC day.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:41 PM   #1303
Senior LCF Member

Blue, thanks for the encouragement. And that watermelon salad sounds sooooooo goooood. But now I'm salivating for artichokes!

Had a bad end-of-the-semester day, postponed weigh-in until tomorrow, but I stayed lc all day: experimented with a cowboy beans recipe with black soy beans, bacon and onions, and leftover ground beef--yumm-o as Ms. Ray would say. Next to Weber rotisserie chicken, it was darn good.

Hope to report a loss tomorrow!
Old 08-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #1304
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Went to my sister's house yesterday and saw my nieces, one is almost 4 and the other is 18 months. They are so cute! They live about an hour away and will be coming here to visit for a couple of days this weekend. So we got Chinese takeout for lunch and went to a pizza place yesterday for supper. I managed to stay on plan as well as possible, though I know there were some carbs in the Chinese food and it was heavy on the protein. I only had one bite of my son's pizza crust at the pizza place (childhood favorite pizza place) and otherwise ate a Greek salad and had a diet coke. Even after that I showed a one pound drop on my parents' scale this morning. So I have lost 2 lbs. since I've been here, even if their scale doesn't weigh the same as mine. I don't know if it is a coincidence that I haven't exercised in a week. So not very good incentive to exercise, frankly. Only one more health coach visit the Thursday after I get back, then I don't have to worry about what anyone else thinks about my exercising or lack thereof! Oh well, I brought it on myself. Was hungry this morning so I had two eggs and butter in addition to my Atkins shake. Not sure what we are doing today, weather hasn't been very good for the beach but my son wants to go anyway. We shall see. I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #1305
Major LCF Poster!

honeysock---I didn't know about black soy beans, so thanks for the tip. Googled them and they are so very low in carbs and sounds like you like them. Do you think they'd work in Chili? Do they differ in taste and texture from more common beans? Fingers crossed that scale is dropping as type! Good luck w/you report.

Misti ---Wow, you had only one bite of your son's crust at your fave old pizza spot? I'd say that gets an A for effort! And Chinese is tough. The types of restaurants I've been avoiding are Chinese, Mexican and to a lesser extent, Italian. I think chinese can be the worst. Thai can be much better, but don't find it much fun w/out the rice.

But in any case it sounds like you're doing very well, w/2 pounds down! How fun is that?
And I love the ocean beach on a cloudy day, no one else there and I can walk for miles in peace.

Had some leftover watermelon salad for lunch. Might make a little cheese pizza on a LC
wrap, thanks to Honeysock reminding me to pick some up. Tonight I'm meeting friends for dinner. The restaurant will be fine, lots of choices---I just have to be sure I don't go hungry. This is one of the biggest lessons I've learned about going out to eat on LC.

And my appetite is getting more normal---which is to say still down from my former carb days, but not almost gone, as it has been. I have to say, counter to what you might think, I'm glad to have some appetite back. I didn't like the jittery empty feeling when you're not eating enough, even though you're eating as much as you can.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #1306
Senior LCF Member

Misti, I dream of going on vacation and coming home weighing less then when I left. Kudos to you! I know that even with an eating plan, there's no way I'll lose next week when we're in LV.

Blue, I love the black soy beans. I've read that if you cook the heck out of them, they'll get softer, more like regular canned black beans, but the firm texture doesn't bother me a bit. They are great in chili. I'm already planning a taco salad feast for the weekend using the black soy beans. Glad your appetite is back! I think no appetite long-term would not be a good thing, on many levels. (Yes, I know we all dream of "catching" anorexia but....)

I've got until Saturday to weigh in, so I'm postponing it juuuuust a little more. My excuse today is . . . this morning we adopted a 6-yr-old Miniature Schnauzer, and I'm helping him get settled in. So that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sincerely, Pro Pro. (Professional Procrastinator)

Put a leg of lamb in the crockpot on foil-ball "stilts"--hope that works out. Never done lamb that way before but I didn't want to heat up the house with the oven. My chicken and vegetables in the crockpot earlier in the week was tasty but . . . mushy. Hence the foil balls.

Am going trolling for something interesting as a side dish. I love salad but I get tired of it.

It's almost the weekend. WOO HOOO!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 03:24 PM   #1307
Senior LCF Member

Quick post to report the OMG moment I just had: I have been excited to try the new chocolate almond milk (not as low carb as the unsweetened vanilla but still only 2 net carbs per cup) and was reaching for my bottle of DaVinci French Vanilla syrup and almost dropped it like a snake: it's NOT the sugar free one! I've been drinking it off and on in my coffee all week!!! I keep a little coffee bar with 4 or 5 flavors in my kitchen, don't know I managed to grab that one at the store-- --all the others are SF.

No wonder I've been postponing my weigh-in. My sub-conscious has been trying to warn me!!!

(Sorry to hog two posts. I guess the edit button timed out on the other post, above.)
Old 08-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #1308
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dixediva1
WOE: Jay Robb High Carb/Low Carb
Start Date: March 10, 2008
Hi all, I would love to join your thread. I love low-carb. There is so much leway. My name is Rae, I live in Beech Island, South Carolina. Don't get excited . There's no beach , and no island. We do have a lot of sand. I did low-carb about 3 yrs ago. I've not lost ,or gained. Not gaining is a good thing. I try to live life to the fullest. We have to live thru the 24 hrs. So I try to make all 24 the best I can. Lets get low-carbing.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #1309
Senior LCF Member

Dixediva! I am relatively new here as well, but these folks have been great helping me settle in.

Can't wait to hear about your low carb lifestyle. What are you hoping to gain (lose?) by coming here (other than the obvious support)? I'm sorta where you are...haven't gained, but I'm not losing either (I'll find out tomorrow, officially). I figure I'll wait until I get back from Las Vegas next week to tackle the Stall Demons.

Anyway, I'm happy to see another newbie face here. BTW, I hope to go to SC in the next year or so. We have family who have a beach house there that we need to take advantage of! : )
Old 08-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #1310
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome dixiediva!!!!! Delighted to have your company. And I agree, there is much more leeway on LC. I have a pal who is doing a low fat, low carb, low calorie, low everything program w/a bunch of bars and packets to keep her appetite down. We had dinner out the other night and the poor thing was just miserable and so envious of the choices I had. Hope to see you back often, lots of great support and tips here---really great little bunch of gals.

honeysock---you mentioned a crock pot, and this is my problem w/them too. Everything is so soggy! I've tried more than a couple recipes and really didn't love any of them, unless you're putting it over potatoes or rice, then that's a different thing. Also, bummer on the NOT SF sweetner. Hate it when that happens. But not to worry, that isn't going to matter a bit in the end, as long as we keep on keepin' on w/good LC choices. Good luck on your weigh in!

Had a hard boiled egg with a splash of mayo and celery seeds and pickles for breakfast.
Steamed artichokes, butter and mayo for lunch.

Out to dinner again tonight for a birthday celebration---so much going on lately. I did pretty good last night, had a steak salad, deviled eggs w/bacon and curry, and a couple of bites of some carby treats ordered for group appetizers, but nothing I'm freaking out about, an it was a very clean day for me till then. I've already been to the restaurant site for tonight and have narrowed down my choices. This is a particularly good restaurant for Low carb, lots of delishy things we can have---great meats and salads and seafood. Plus if we're lucky, we'll get a seat on their rooftop patio, beautiful day here.

TGIF!!!!! Wheeeewwww, I sure am glad to see this week over, it was a real stress pit at work. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend, and wish y'all the same.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:01 AM   #1311
Major LCF Poster!

Hello everyone!

Dixiediva1! Glad to have you here. Please stick around! It's great you've maintained for so long. I agree low carbing seems so much easier than low fat/low cal. I have been at my parents' house for a week now and I have stuck on plan pretty well even with unexpected eating out, etc. and lost at least 2.5 lbs., possibly more (depending on how well their scale correlates with mine). My father is doing low cal/low fat/higher carb (and has lost 100 lbs. doing so in 10 months) and eating out completely throws him for the day because he can't seem to not eat high calorie items. So I'm sure he has not lost or possibly gained this week. It's the choices he makes (he could have had green beans at the steakhouse like I did instead of a huge baked potato with butter), but since he is still carb addicted he doesn't think about food any differently that he used to - he views his diet as a restriction. I view low carb as freedom to eat in a satisfying and healthy way while not feeling deprived in any sense. I don't even want the high carb stuff any more, or if I really do (like movie popcorn) I can control it and just have a tiny bit (which I have done with the movie popcorn twice this week!)

Honeysock - how did your lamb turn out? That's a great idea to put meat up on foil, I never would have thought of that. I should use my crockpot more, but I never seem to find great recipes even though we have a couple of crockpot cookbooks. That sucks about the syrup, that stuff isn't cheap either. I have some of the unsweetened chocolate almond milk and also some unsweetened fermented coconut milk (supposed to be like kefir) I bought here and I do have some caramel SF syrup, so I might try adding the syrup to those, good idea.

Blue - Sounds like you are doing well! Sorry you are under a lot of work stress. Hope you get through the day today and enjoy your weekend!

Trigger -hope your trip to the mountains is going well!

Jaded - hope things are on track for you!

Have a great weekend everyone! My sister and nieces are visiting today until Monday (he husband will be here today and tomorrow) and my husband is flying in today as well for the next week, so things will be busy here. Should be a good beach weekend after raining all day yesterday.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:45 PM   #1312
Senior LCF Member

Quick pre-Vegas check-in. Didn't lose this week. Bummer. I'm gonna do the Scarlet O'Hara thing and worry about it tomorrow. Or next week, when I get back. I only hope to NOT gain more than 2-3 lbs while I'm gone. Husband steadfastly refuses to watch what he eats on vacation, but I have realized that I feel physically awful if I over-carb. So I may take some high-carb nibbles, but like Misti--no stuffed baked potatoes for me.

Have a great week, everyone!
Old 08-11-2013, 06:47 AM   #1313
Major LCF Poster!

Hi old timers!

Hi new arrivals!

back from trip. not pretty

Up 9 lbs. well, at least a few of what I lost before I went on this trip are gone still.

OK
9 lbs. from all these trips. bleck. Will start hard LC today. eating some of my old meals that I know I can drop fast weight. having those over the next few days.

leave friday for 1 more trip. shorty. 3 days at an rv county park/waterpark for the kiddo. She is bringing her little friend. So this trip I know I can and will control. So thursday will be slap full hitting the grocery store and maybe changing campers.

we traded the 5th wheel Wildcat for a Torque toyhauler. the deal is supposed to happen thursday, day before we leave. good gravy. too much. unloading one 5th into another. I think I might put off the deal until the following monday. I can't get it all done, ya know

I hope everyone is doing well. This old gal has to lose the 9 lb gain FAST and after this last trip----I can concentrate. Yippee.

ok, off to get a bunch of laundry done now and food out of the Wildcat. see ya'll in a bit. got alot of catching up to do.

and anyone who lost some lbs....CONGRATS!!!!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:32 PM   #1314
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Love hearing your vacation posts. Sounds like you're doing GREAT on your vacation, regarding the woe. And from my own experience, it's so nice to get through a vacation, have a great time, AND stay on the woe---within reason of course. Small treats are part of a vacation, and we can have them without throwing ourselves over the cliff.

honeysock---Not to worry about no pounds lost. Seems to me you're just getting into the LC thing again, and really, I don't think I lost that much at all my first month or two on LC. But then, I did. And you will too. I wish you a great trip to Las Vegas. I hope you have a barrel of fun. Life needs to include fun. And I really hope you'll come back to us and share, no matter how vacation went. We all get the challenge of vacations, and it's important we enjoy them accept whatever happens on them, but not let them push us off the wagon. I hope we hear from you when you get back, and I hope you stick with us.

Trigger---Darlin', as I've said several times, you are in maintenance for now.
And even if you gained 9 lbs on this latest vacation, we both know a lot of that is carb bloat, and you will motor it down, as you have over and over again this summer. Like I've also said many times, you're a fighter. And you're here, aware and honest, always. Can't tell you how well I think this bodes for you, in the interest of the future and more weight loss. And speaking for my interests, I just can't imagine this place without you, so I'm so happy you hang in there with us, and I love your honest posts. Fall will come, the kiddo will go back to school, the vacations will be put on hold, and life will steady out. And hopefully, we'll be here talking about it all when the seasons change.

And btw, when you said "good gravy" I just had to really smile. Haven't heard that term in ages, loved it.

As for me, I missed a check in yesterday, as I got a viral infection late last week, made it through what I had to for work, and a birthday celebration Friday night, and then collapsed on the couch yesterday. Good news is, I had a good day on the woe, due to lack of hunger or energy to eat.

After an entire day of rest, and a long night of sleep, I felt much better today.

I had a little "pizza" on a Tortilla Factory Low carb wrap, thanks again to honeysock reminding me of these. I took the wrap, and fried it in butter till it was semi crisp. Then added monterrey jack cheese, fresh tomatoes from the farmer's market, sour cream and hot sauce. Man, was that good. And that tortilla only cost my 3 Net carbs.

For dinner, I had Buffalo Wild Wings. Hubby is out of town, and it was just so easy. I will end today w/a nice carb count and a respectable calorie count.

I have held on to my weight loss---unbelievably, 5 lbs in a week and a half. Expecting to sit here for awhile, but still amazed at how satisfied I can be on LC and lose weight slowly but surely. Patience, I have found, is key.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:11 AM   #1315
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Monday everyone!

Weather is a bit gray today, expecting showers later today and thunderstorms tomorrow. Hit the beach yesterday at least. Water was pretty cool, took me a long time to get used to it but once I did it was very nice. Not sure what we will do today or tomorrow. My sister and nieces are still here for now but going home sometime today. Haven't weighed myself yet today but as of yesterday I am holding at 228.x on my parents' scale. DH is here now and also weighed the same here as at home so I am hoping it is accurate.

Honeysock - have a great time in Vegas! Make sure to tell us everything when you get back!

Trigger - glad you are back! You have certainly had an eventful summer. I agree with Blue, fall will be here soon and you will be able to get the carb bloat off in no time. You've done it before and you can do it again.

Blue - you're doing great! 5 lbs. in a week and a half is awesome. Sounds like your eating is right on track. Sorry you've been sick, but it's good you had a rest this weekend. Hope your work week goes well.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:51 AM   #1316
Major LCF Poster!

2 lbs bloat gone. I will take it eating good today also. All will be ok. My mind is good on losing so when ducks get in a row all should roll fine.

Blue---5 lbs in a week and half. GREAT! Your body is responding and giving it up now. your body finally said, darn it, she ain't giving up. guess I got to give Blue a reward HAHA

sorry you got sick. hate being sick. rest and more rest sure helps on that.

I used to make my tortilla pizzas. kinda forgot about them. will have to get them back into my menu. Everything you said Blue is good advice to me

Misti, holding your own low number on the scale while away is a great thing!! You stay the course. Hitting the beach had to be great. I am a beach hound. Love it. Sounds like a good time!!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #1317
Major LCF Poster!

WELCOME TO DIXIEDIVA 1 !!!!!!!!!!! Glad to see another person from my neck of the USA on here !!!

CONGRATS on any loss anyone has had !!! I lost 5 pounds from Meat and Eggs.I haven`t weighed since last week to see IF it stuck.

I have had some problems this past weekend. You all know what I am talking about.So, I was not able to get on here.I did have a few slip ups, too.Oh well. I am doing meat and eggs today to jump back on my woe. I will try and do it fro 3 days. Hope I can.
Well, I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:33 PM   #1318
Major LCF Poster!

WOO!! Jaded---that 5 lbs from meat and eggs is fab! GOOD DEAL. eat lighter and be careful and you will make that 5 lbs stick gal!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #1319
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Love your vacation comments, particularly the ones at the beach. I know that feeling when the water nips you at first, and then hugs you. I love the beach, any beach.
And it's just so cool that you're maintaining on vacation! Loving to hear that.

Trigger---Like I said, I know you'll motor down that carb bloat! And yeah, do get some of those La Tortilla Factory tortillas. The ones I got are large and 3 net carbs. I melted monterray Jack cheese all over the top, added tomatoes and sour cream, and I'm telling you girl, low carb sure tasted great! With treats like this, I'm not feeling deprived at all.

Jaded --- 5 pounds down, Bravo!!! Sorry those same problems are rearing up again, and SIGH, sounds like they will again and again. I wish you as much peace in dealing w/it as possible, and I really like that despite a few slip ups, you're right back on it. And you're here. And I think that's important. Because we're going to encourage you and cheer you on and understand the off days.

Very late her tonight. Had a long day at work, still not feeling great. Came home and slept till 9pm, so of course, now I'm not tired. But I had to do it, was so dragging, and I know I'll sleep again soon.

My appetite was fine today, and I had a couple of bun-less Chicago hot dogs for lunch, and pork tenderloin with my own homemade low carb chutney, spicy green beans, and our first sliced tomatoes from the garden. What a treat that was!
Old 08-13-2013, 10:46 AM   #1320
Major LCF Poster!

get tons of rest and that will help you alot Blue. and nothing like fresh maters from the garden. nothing can equal that taste. YUM

----I am going strong. lost 1 more lb of bloat. working on getting back to my lowest weight of 198.5 and then move farther down the scale to goal.

took kiddo clothes shopping for school and supplies. I have NEW motivation. went to a nice store and TONS of things on clearance. 65% off with an additional 15% at checkout. OMG!!! I wanted to buy a ton of things for myself. But I didn't buy ONE thing at all. No more clothes til I hit goal. Will only buy what I absolutely must to get buy til I hit my goal size. I drooled at the nice items but decided then and there I was going to race now to goal and be smart on what the heck goes in my mouth

I have been pussyfooting around and around. time for serious to start again. today had bacon/eggs/bit of cheese for lunch. Dinner will be big old honking burger with asparagus.
I am an asparagus fan and moved away from it for a bit, overkill ya know, but now I am in the mood again.

ok everyone, lets rock and roll and get the scales screaming!!
Closed Thread