Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2013, 07:08 PM   #1261
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Congrats on the drop Trigger!

Glad your vacation guests are working out after all Blue. Sounds like you are doing well!

I am going to place a Netrition order tomorrow to send to my parents house. I don't have too much on the list as I will have to buy a lot of fresh foods when I get there. But if anyone has any great ideas for things I can order let me know! So far I have my Atkins shakes, reduced sugar Heinz ketchup, EZ-Sweetz, liquid stevia, coconut oil, low carb tortillas (for my son), steviva (erythritol + stevia blend). I'm thinking of adding some coconut flour and/or almond flour and maybe some flaxseed meal. Any other ideas?

Well, my loss has stuck, scale said 233.6 and Wii Fit said 233.5 today. According to Wii Fit I've lost 2 pounds since last Saturday! It's good to look at a longer range sometimes given the daily fluctuations. I set my next Wii Fit goal to lose 2 lbs. in one month. I figure that will give me plenty of time to recover from my parents' house if necessary. Of course I would love to lose 2 more lbs. before I leave!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 AM   #1262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Glad you are having a great time Blue!!

Misti getting some almond flour is good to have on hand for making oven fried chicken or something. good to use when in a pinch or experiment with new meals.
Hope you lose another 2 before leaving!!!

I am down 1 again. big whoop my fault, I jumped on pretzels, chocolate again. I ate heavier lc for the day and snacked out at night. I gotta get this under control NOW! down 1 is good but it is moving way too slow. my fault again obviously.

today is dad's b-day. going to the lake. mom is buying our usual fav ice cream cake. I know I will have a small piece. should be ok IF I control the rest of the day tight. dad is 84 now. doing great and moving fast still

still feel super fat. the extra weight from vacation is killing me in the feeling fat department. but it will go. I have to make it happen.

off to get moving and hit the road soon. everyone be good!
Old 07-28-2013, 07:12 AM   #1263
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the loss Trigger! A pound is a pound. I am up again today, to 235.2! I ate nearly 4,000 mg of sodium yesterday though, plus a handful of popcorn. If I get over 3,000 mg of sodium I seem to retain water. So I hope it will come off fast. Will try to drink plenty of water today and avoid foods I know I shouldn't eat!

I do think I'll get some almond flour, I do use it as breading, good thought.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:30 AM   #1264
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Misti --- Do you guys ever BBQ at your parents house? If so one other netrition thing you might want to consider is Guy's BBQ sauce, which is imo, excellent. There's several flavors, I got the spicey. Most BBQ sauces are loaded w/sugar. This is 0 carb, or darn close to it. Congrats on the drop, I'm just ignoring the salt/water bounce up---that drop is under that!

Trigger --- As misti says, a pound is a pound. So altogether sounds like you've lose at least half of your vacation gain. Have a fun time at your dad's b'day party---sure do miss my dear old dad. These times are more and more precious as they age.

Well, our weather has not been good. We've been up here 23 years and always had largely fabulous weather, so I guess it was just our turn by the odds. But it's cold, rainy and windy today and was pretty crappy the last two days too. Thankfully there's always plenty to do up here, and we really did enjoy our friends. They left today. So we have this last day to just veg, and given the weather, it's going to be a reading day.

Good day on plan yesterday. Salad for lunch, walley pike, beans and salad for dinner. And a half a hot cheddar biscuit. So much great homemade bread served up here w/dinner, it's like the road to temptation for moi.

All in all I'm happy w/how well I stayed on plan here, couple a little bread treats and that's it. Although I'm expecting a gain when I get back just because I've eaten more than I do at home, even if most of it was LC.

A whole week away from the scale has been heaven. I was thinking about if it would be possible for me to just stay off the scale for a few days after I get home and give it a little time to settle down....but nah. I know myself, I'll just jump right on the first moring back. Which isn't all that bad of an idea in that at least it lets me know what I gained/how well I did or didn't do on vacation, and motivates for tightening the program back up.

Hope y'all are having better weather than we are, and a lovely Sunday.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #1265
Major LCF Poster!

The weather here has been very cool as well Blue! It is 63 degrees outside right now, that shouldn't happen on a July afternoon! I had to go out and buy a pair of jeans yesterday as I don't have any casual pants that fit. I figured I would get by with capris as casual wear for another two months, but I think I'll be wearing the jeans to go grocery shopping today.

BBQ sauce is a good idea, we do grill when we are threre, but Netrition has been out of Guy's for a while, so I ordered another kind I saw on Amazon called Jack Stack KC Low Carb BBQ sauce. I sent it to my parent's house already. It was very expensive with shipping and now I see Guy's will be in stock at Netrition tomorrow! Oh well. I know I like Guy's but it will be good to try something different.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:05 AM   #1266
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---never heard of Jack Stack. I'll be interested to know what you think. Still cold up here so it's not as hard to leave as it usually is.

So we're about ready to take off for the long drive home. Yesterday was a good day on plan, with yet more perch! I know I won't get it back home so it will be another year before I taste its sweet goodness again.

Yesterday was uber crummy, coldest yet, windy and rainy. But we still had a great day because we did some shopping and I found my new inspiration! Couple of months ago I bought a skirt that was just 5-7 lbs short of fitting me, and that was my inspiration for awhile. Tried it on every week or so till it fit perfectly. Well, yesterday I found the most fantastic fall dress, knit, so yummy, will look great w/black tights and boots. Again, it's just 5-7 lbs short of fitting great. I think I'll hang it on my refrigerator, lol.
It wasn't cheap and it will be a great motivator because come fall I want to be in it and looking good in it!

Later gators.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:11 AM   #1267
Major LCF Poster!

I have Guys in the cabinet and never used it yet I have got to try it.

good idea buying some clothes a tad smaller. good motivation, especially hanging in deal view of you every single day.

I am roller coaster time right now. this last vacation has made it very hard to be stricter. last night I jumped on some junk. no loss/no gain. which is good but my goal is to lose the bloat from the vacation not happening well as I thought.

I hit the grocery. Doing meat and eggs ONLY for 2 days, then onto meat and salad for 2 days then onto stricter lc my way. I gotta get control back.

chicken wings cooking. ribeye defrosting. bacon and eggs for dinner probably.

haven't eaten yet and starving. COME'ON CHICKEN WINGS. get done!!!!!!

I knew after so many vacations and giong hog wild on this last vacation was leading to a bad road and it did. stupid control has got to come back. I know it will tho, but it gets so darn annoying some days LOL
Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #1268
Major LCF Poster!

down only 1 this morning. bleck

I am fighting this gain hard now.

no food yet today but for EARLY dinner will be ALOT of eggs and bacon. and for snack tonight it will be some steak. I gotta do what I gotta do to get back under the 200s.

screw food sick of it literally. tired of all of this. So my battle has begun.

hope everyone is doing ok
Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 PM   #1269
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---once you get back in ketosis your appetite will probably dull, as you know, and the cravings go way down, at least for me. That will make this a lot easier. I tell you, I'm scared to carb out even for a night out of fear of starting that whole cycle of carbs and cravings again. I'm such a carb hound, don't trust myself any further than a small treat now and then.

Buying an item of clothing that's just 5 lbs short of fitting great really works for me. Buying something any smaller is not as encouraging. 5 lbs is doable, and then when that item fits, you get to buy another one for the next 5 lbs. It's much more fun than the scale! Cause sometimes when the scale's not moving, the item fits loser, if not perfect yet. I choose things I really love and can't wait to wear. Love the hunt for the next inspiration.

Back to work w/a vengeance today. I'm feeling the re-entry burn! Had a huge presentation to the new mktg. director of my biggest account at 9am. I was pretty nervous and got up before the roosters to worry. But it all went very well. Wheeeeeweeeeeew! Then had to style a huge room. Just home and I'm pooped. Cloudy, rainy and cozy here today, perfect nap weather, and that's where I'm headed.

Cup of BPC for breakfast, which held me nicely till on my way home at 1:30. Picked up a bunless Frisco burger at Hardees. So good. Will have a couple of brats for dinner, and that's going to be it. Appetite is way down. Love that.

Oh, and best news of all, I didn't gain anything on vacation. I was exactly what I was when I left. I was pleasantly surprised. I had a lot of breaded perch, but it was so thinly coated it didn't hurt me a bit it seems. Also, I think my calories were up, even if it was almost all low carb, save for a few treats. It's encouraging to know I didn't over eat as far as the scale is concerned. AND, I've still got that ketosis metal mouth, so I think I made it through without damages. And it wasn't that hard, and I had good meals. So, yay.

Which is why I'm going to take Trigger's advice from awhile ago and never goof w/pork rind coating for crab cakes again---it was a disaster when I tried it, fell apart, didn't taste great. I'm going to just use a very small amt of well ground up bread crumbs and lots of spices. And that goes for any coating---and keep my carbs low all day around that. That worked well on vacation.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #1270
Major LCF Poster!

WOO HOO BLUE! No gain on vacation is so awesome!! You did great! I am so happy for you!! Sorry to had to jump right back into work again today. Good day for it I guess, the weather is crummy here as well. I love the buying clothes a bit too small thing myself too. Except I am worried they are never going to fit right! I have 2 pairs of 1X capris which I am wearing now...I thought I would have lost some weight since I bought them a month ago but not so much! So they look fine, but are more skin-hugging than I would normally wear. I also got three 1x tops for fall at Kohl's for free the weekend before last ($10 free coupon and $10 Kohl's cash, all three tops were on major clearance, 2 for $5 and 1 for $10, hence free!!) They fit ok now but will look much better in 5-10 lbs. And I wouldn't be sad if they are way too baggy in the fall, since they were free. I hope that happens, as I'm a bit discouraged at the moment. Tonight I am about a pound higher than my low weight, but at least I am still below 235.

Trigger, another pound down is great! I agree with Blue, try to stick with the LC as much as possible right now so you can get in ketosis and have the hungries go away. I really need to try meat and eggs one of these days, it might help jumpstart me again. But since I am leaving for my parents on Saturday I don't think it will be for a while. It will be hard enough eating regular low carb at their house. I did send $100 worth of Netrition food to them, plus a couple other things. I also sent my mom a list of a few things to buy. Plus I can always go shopping when I get there. It will be ok, I'm sure. I just need to remain in control and not eat something I shouldn't just because. There is always another option. I really should start packing tonight, but I just don't feel like it. Tomorrow.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:01 PM   #1271
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Misti---thanks for the "WHOO HOO BLUE!" And it all rhymes!

And hey, on the clothing inspiration thing. Let me just tell you that it took me over 2 months to fit into that first inspiration piece, the skirt. Sizes are weird w/women's clothes, I know you know this, right? They're all over the freaking board. So when I say 5 pounds too small, who knows what that means from label to label? And frankly, I just assume it's going to take at LEAST 2 months to fit into any inspiration piece with ease. Such is the reality of how I lose weight. So don't be discouraged! IT WILL HAPPEN, if we make it happen, but sometimes it does happen at the Tortoise's speed.

Misti, I really do believe some of us lose weight in "clumps" particularly as we motor down on the scale. I know you have been stuck for awhile, and I know how discouraging that can be. But I'm here to tell you, IT DOES MOVE DOWN, eventually. I'm not expecting a significant drop for another two weeks, at least, maybe more. My pattern is to do a big drop---3 or maybe 4 pounds, and then hold. You've lost so much weight, I think you may be getting into a new territory, and I think it's important that we note how our bodies react as we go down.

I really hope you check in now and then on your vacay, because I'd really like to hear what you're doing and experiencing in Cape Cod. That would be really fun for me to hear. But also, my experience is that treating vacation just like any other day on the woe, by checking in, was paramount to my success in not gaining on vacation. The important thing was not treating vacation as a bubble away from my every day life when it comes to our woe

You guys are my journal, my mooring. Don't know if it works like this for you, but I kind of dread you being gone for 2 weeks, and I feel the same way about Trigger when she's gone. We're an increasingly small group here---so many new comers show up for a day or two and we never hear from them again.

I love the intimacy of our little corner here, hope we can keep it going.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #1272
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Blue! The good thing is I am committed to this WOE whether I am losing or not. I just have a lot left to lose, so I don't want it to stop yet. I know it will happen, I just need to keep eating right.

I will definitely check in on my vacation. I am sure I will be up at the crack of dawn with my son while my parents sleep in. So I may be posting more in the morning than at night, but I will be here! I will need you all to keep me on track. My mother has a new scale, so I do plan to weigh there. My goal is not to gain while there. I really hope I can accomplish that.
Old 07-31-2013, 08:01 AM   #1273
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi All,
Sorry I have been MIA. MY family !!! My Sister has a bad problem with drinking. She has been drunk for a month off and mostly on. She will NOT get any help and is in denial all the way. She is 54 years old and has had this problem for many years. It has escalated this past year.She and her Husband got into a huge fight this week. She has everything. A huge nice home on the lake and all that goes with it. All the money in the world she needs and has NEVER in her LIFE had to work !!! I just don`t understand her. She has been in rehab many times.She just will NOT accept she has a problem.She has tried to kill herself many times and I just found out she cut her wrist 2 weeks ago.It was not deep enough, Thank God.Oh well. Sorry for the rant.Thank you for listening.
I want to say congrats on all your weight loss this week. I am Happy for you all.
I am doing MY best to keep on plan. I am not gaining so that is good. Just not seeing a loss. That is not good. Hope everyone has a great day !!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:56 AM   #1274
Major LCF Poster!

WOW and WOOHOO BLUE on no gain. that is wonderful. I sure wish I did that on my last vacation. 12 lbs up is SO WRONG it is insanity. one thing I do know, it sure told me that heavier carbs are killing me. I know avoidance of all that stuff must happen thru life long term. no way around it.

Misti a goal of no gain while away from your normal routine is a good one. believe me I sure wish I did that I learned the hard way folks, and you guys need to know how much it sucks to be in this position. will help keep you on the staight and narrrow.

I am the poster child for 'never try this at home' HAHA I did a huge gain and it was not worth any of it.

I agree Misti I am scared to buy smaller clothes also. but if something is 'just tight' and a few lbs will make it perfect, then yea I go for it. Like Blue said, just 5-7 lbs would make that fit better and it sure is a doable goal.

YEA
FOR
ME

dropped 3.5 lbs this morning doing meat and eggs. So slowly I feel like control is coming back. doing it again today. chicken with a 'very' small bit of cheese for taste and tonight is giant beef patty with scrambled eggs.

One thing I FINALLY woke up with. that thinner feeling. oh boy did I miss it. I had bloat carb gut. and I couldn't even suck it in good HAHA now my tummy is leaner for sure and not poochy.

So on a good track today and I LOVE checking in with this group. It is a grounding that I absolutely need and watching you guys is good inspiration and advice for me. You are smart gals!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:59 AM   #1275
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded, so sorry to hear about your sister. I believe they say many people have to hit total rock bottom before they come out of denial. She is in my prayers for her to find guidance and recovery! I know what has to be hard seeing someone destroy their life and take down family members also. You hang in there.

but one thing Jaded. Her life is hers. It is not yours. You must be strong in your own convictions to make yourself healthy and one thing to stay by is your eating plan. If you are healthy and strong and believing and living the way you want and need, then you can definitely put that strength into helping your sister. the stronger and more steadfast you are in your life, the more you can give and help her without it tearing you apart.

hang in there gal!!!!
Old 07-31-2013, 03:23 PM   #1276
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---glad to hear you'll be checking in on vacation. It REALLY helps me. And we'll be here, w/lots of support and understanding. When do you leave?

Jaded--- It is just heart breaking to watch someone you love destroy themselves. And it makes one angry too. But I really like what Trigger said. Folks like your sister can drain the energy right out of you, and we have to find the balance between caring and being swallowed up by it. I hope your sister wakes up to life and sobriety, but meantime I wish you calm and resolve in protecting yourself and staying healthy.

Trigger---Girl, you always make me smile. You are so honest and forthright---so I'll be honest and tell you that yes, your experience w/the mondo carb out has really helped me---in that I KNOW I don't want that feeling again. Been in Ketosis for months, so my cravings aren't bad anymore and my appetite is generally down. But there are moments...

But the great thing is YOU DROPPED 3.5 MORE OF THOSE POUNDS and it seems this experience has been very motivating for you, even if uncomfortable. Absolutely, yay for you! You're a hang in there gal, through all the literal ups and downs, and I'm w/you on our little corner of this site, don't know what I'd do w/out it.

So far today I've had a greek salad and a couple of handfuls of nuts. Hubby is gone for a few days, might just order a Jimmy John's tonight. Weight holding steady at pre vacation number---don't expect a drop for awhile as I had one before I left, and I'm totally realizing this is how my body works. Nothing for 2 or even 3 weeks, and then a nice drop.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #1277
Major LCF Poster!

good thing time flies at this age now right Blue? that 2-3 week drop will come quickly for ya. Hope it is a big one

when the scale shows success, after all this time I still get excited to see the drops!!
Old 08-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #1278
Major LCF Poster!

YIP! 1.5 lbs gone this morning.

I am doing it right. Meat and eggs move the scale for me alot. The thin tummy feeling is SO MUCH improved that it gives me more motivation right now to stick with it.

The only ONE redeeming thing about carb bloat after vacation is that it is not real and it means you can lose the weight fast. Thank goodness for that.

hanging in there and gettin'er done. Hope everyone is doing well today!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 06:03 AM   #1279
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome news Trigger! So glad the M & E is working so well for you.

Good for you Blue, for realizing your weight loss pattern and not stressing about it. I need to get to that point.

However, I am down this morning, to 232.8! I checked my blood ketones and I am in "nutritional ketosis". I have been eating exactly on plan this week, so I just need to keep doing what I'm doing I think and the pounds will come off eventually. I leave for my parents bright and early Saturday morning (6:10 am flight, ugh). So I need to start packing tonight so I can go to bed early tomorrow.

Jaded, very sorry to hear about your sister. It is so hard to watch someone having those types of problems and not being able to do much, if anything, to help. My SIL has many of the exact same issues.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 AM   #1280
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
THANK YOU ALL for the kind words !!!!! It made me feel a bit better.I know there is nothing I can do.Maybe one day she will get some help and it will stick. I hope and pray.

Happy Dance For all of you !!!!! I hope when I weigh tomorrow I will show a loss !!!
I am going to do the meat and egg thing starting Sunday. I hope to do it for at least 3 days.I am doing pretty good this week. I still feel like I am eating too much food, though.I think Meat and Egg will help me with this. I hope.
Hope everyone has a great day !!!!
Old 08-01-2013, 12:47 PM   #1281
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Hi all,

Trying to catch up on this thread--I have a horrible time sticking with routines, which is part of my weight problem as well. I need to put a sticky note on my computer with a list of everyday must-do's. First on the list: make sure I have some sticky notes. : )

Jaded, sorry to hear about your sister. I have a sister who is an addict (you name it, she's probably been addicted to it) and I finally just had to remove myself from her life. So I will echo what others have said--keep yourself healthy!

Never heard the term "carb bloat" before but I LOVE it since I seem to get it every time I go off the carb wagon. I may try the meat thing (no eggs-I'm intolerant as of two yrs. ago!) if I don't show a bigger loss this next week. Down just a pound this week.

Trigger, I thought my 8 lb. gain on a 5-day trip a few years back must have set a record. But I KNOW I didn't drop it as quickly as you have. Weigh to go. : )

Having some shrimp and something else (don't know yet) for supper. My daughter who's a chef came over and practiced for a chef's challenge last night. Great food, but not lc. I'm trying to eat very light today.

Good luck to everyone heading into the weekend. Am going in search of sticky notes right now.
Old 08-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #1282
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---You sound healthy and centered w/this. Fingers crossed for that weight drop for you soon!

OH BOY. It's a stellar day here at LCOW. Trigger's down, Misti's down and shockingly to me, I'm down. 2 lbs down this am, whole new number. The LC stars must be doing a jig over we gals. I LOVE it when this happens for us at the same time. Rare, but fun. Yay us!

And yeah Trigger, I too still get so excited when I see that drop. This morning I really couldn't believe my eyes, as I wasn't expecting any drop for awhile. Got on and off the scale three times to see if it would change its mind, but nope, it was quite sure I was 2 lbs down. By tomorrow it will probably change it's mind and bounce again, but still seeing that new number is so motivating.

Today was BPC for breakfast, celery and pimento cheese dip, pickles and a hard boiled egg w/mayo. Meeting a friend for dinner at a restaurant w/a lot of good LC choices. My appetite is SO down. Didn't finish my lunch, just felt like I was full and the last bite I had no longer tasted good to me, so I just quit. I love this about my LC foods---as I've said before, I like them, but I don't love them the way I did carbs, so enough is enough and I'm satisfied, often leaving food on my plate, something that not only never used to happen, but a night without seconds was rare.

This is all good gals, we're on our way down, and just try to stop us!
Old 08-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #1283
Major LCF Poster!

Hi honey sock! Good to see you here. Do get those stickies if they will bring you back more often. Checking in here every day has helped me on my woe no end. Plus it's fun and the gals here are great.

I just wanted to speak to this: "Down just a pound this week." It took me awhile and some older age wisdom to realize that a pound is never "just a pound." I learned to look at it as say---4 sticks of butter, or a lb of hamburger meat. It's not such a little thing when you visualize that no longer on you!

I am not a fast loser but it has been slow and steady at an average of a pound a week, although it happens in fits and starts and not evenly per week. But Since I started in February I have lost 24 pounds, and boy, does that make a difference in how I look and feel. Those "just a pounds" really add up and motivate the deeper you get into LC.

And, I did this eating an average of 30 grams of carbs a day, w/very occasional treats. It has not been uncomfortable or hard for the most part. One pound at a time I am shrinking and every one of those pounds gone is part of the total victory over unhealthy eating and obesity.

So I say, three cheers for you on that pound loss! With patience, it will be joined by many other pounds.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:46 AM   #1284
Senior LCF Member

Blue, 24# is great. I keep thinking if I can lose just a pound every two weeks and not be miserable doing it, I will have accomplished a lot by year's end.

Once school starts back at the end of August, sticking to a routine should be easier. Had a lot of change this past year but it's all coming to a close now. My focus has been HOR-ri-ble as far as weight loss goes. I am paying attention to those of you who know your weight loss patterns. I don't know mine so I'm going to try really hard to track what I eat to see what works.

Am getting ready to throw a bunch of frozen chicken breasts in the crockpot with some veggies to see how that works, since I'll be gone the rest of the day and need supper ready when I walk in the door after golf tonight. Tried a ground chicken-style "sushi" roll last night. It was NASTY.

Good luck to everyone heading into the weekend!
Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #1285
Major LCF Poster!

Honeysock---It really takes awhile to adapt comfortably to Low carb, however you do it. When I first started I made a lot of "Low Carb" recipes. Some were good and I make them to this day. Many didn't work for me, and I've never made them again. It's all been a big journey of exploration for me, trial and error. I'm now to the point where I have discovered enough variety on this woe to be satisfied, and when fall and winter comes I'll be exploring further, when I feel more like cooking and the summertime rush of vacations and activities has passed. Hang in there w/us. The rewards are huge, I have found. Oh, and BTW, I LOVE your avatar guy backstroking in the cup of coffee!!!

Today was a pretty good day. Had a bunless cheeseburger for lunch, and ate about 2/3 of it. More and more I'm able to just stop when I've had enough. This is a big victory for me. Had a handful of nuts later in the afternoon.

Had dinner w/a friend out tonight---hubby's out of town and it's a great time to catch up w/my gal pals. Had chicken wings and an avocado and veggie salad. I'm feeling full and sleepy, and it's late, but didn't want to miss my check in.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:51 AM   #1286
Major LCF Poster!

CONGATS for the early timing on the drop Blue that must feel good to see it coming faster for you.

I also made and researched TONS of lc recipes in the beginning. I have to say most didn't pan out. also tried baking desserts etc with almond flour etc. yuck mostly.

now I am simple. simple plates of food. meat and veg. bacon and eggs. snacks are pepperoni and cheese. I am not in love with cooking, so when I tried to cook tons of lc things it got on my nerves. back to basics for me and it works best.

Nothing down for me right now. I lost a good bit fast, guess the body has to catch up for a day. Meat and eggs today again. working on getting myself in a good place.

everyone hang in there. it takes time. something we really can't push faster and faster. time is required so settle back and we can change our way of eating for life.
and lose some yucky lbs. in the process
Old 08-03-2013, 08:11 AM   #1287
Senior LCF Member

Good Saturday to all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
. . . working on getting myself in a good place
That's me, Trigger. I have successfully lost weight in the past (lots of it!) going "low-carb rogue," but I was extremely focused and driven each time. That's where I need to get back to. I've been at the same weight now for almost 12 yrs, give or take a few pounds. I guess I've become complacent.

Yesterday I bought keto sticks for the first time in years. Wow. They've gotten expensive AND you can't cut 'em in half anymore because of the way they've made them. But I'm going to use them the same way I use my WW weigh-ins: as a means for accountability.

Am going to watch my chef-daughter in a competition this afternoon. It's at a winery, so I will have a glass of wine instead of the vendor junk food that will be offered. Yay for wine!
Old 08-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #1288
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Yes, it was a very pleasant surprise to see such a quick drop for me, since the last one. And I'm holding on to it. No bounce yet. Also unusual.

I've been trying to figure out if I've been doing anything differently, but nothing I can see. But my appetite has been very low lately. Still, my calories haven't been that low when I track them. My food log shows a slight dip in my average carb grams a day over the last month. Which was not by design, but by my natural, at this point, choices, and doesn't include vacation week when I didn't track but know my carb ct was higher because of the boatload of breaded perch I ate, even if it was thinly coated. Again, but I sure hope it keeps on this way.

Good to hear you're doing well w/the meat and eggs and staying motivated. It's so great to get to that point where the cravings dull and the appetite goes down. I tell you Trigger, I'm really starting to realize how differently I eat when I cut out the carbs. No seconds and thirds, often leave food on my plate. And I'm getting to the point where while I enjoy my meals, food is just less important to me. Of course that's for today. Could be a whole different story by tomorrow, but I do feel like I'm kind of at a turning point in my journey where it's becoming more and more natural for me.

Thanks for listening to my thoughts, I've been really paying attention to how I feel about this all lately, and it's good to write it out.

So far today, nothing. Not particularly hungry and am planning on Buffalo Wild wings dry rubs tonight, and want to eat as many as I want. While I'm not a person who's going to do the IMF thing as a woe, it happens now and then---where I don't eat, or very little, til dinner. And this seems to help now and then, particularly if paired w/a day of higher calories. This is how JUDDD
works, I know. But I could never do JUDDD as a woe for lots of reasons, but it's nice when sometimes that rhythm comes from natural and unplanned choices.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
Old 08-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #1289
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in late Sunday afternoon. Nice relaxing day. I've had a scoop of left over egg salad, some blackberries w/HWC and a splash of Splenda and a handful of nuts. Tonight will be a tomato, bacon, Hard boiled egg, salad w/Thousand Island dressing and a sprinkle of French's French Fried onions on the top. These are SO good and crunchy on a salad and only 3 carbs for 2 TBS. Maybe a scoop of SD coconut RS ice cream for dessert---don't know, not been very hungry, so we'll see how I feel after the salad.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:34 PM   #1290
Major LCF Poster!

Checking in from my parents' house. Sounds like everyone is doing well! My son and I got stuck in the Atlanta airport for 9 hours yesterday by our delayed then cancelled connection to Boston. I managed to stay pretty much on track even so. Today was actually a bit harder adjusting to my parents' schedule. I only had an Atkins shake and 2 fat bombs between 6 am and 6 pm today, so I really chowed down at dinner. I had to addd sour cream and mayo to my food to get enough fat, and I had to have a Quest protein bar as the only protein at supper was a 4 ounce cheeseburger and I hadn't eaten any protein for lunch. Oh we'll, I guess that's why I planned ahead and brought and ordered lots of stuff. Good news is if my mother's scale and my scale are both accurate I lost 2 lbs. after Saturday's airport ordeal, and my son's weight stayed the same. I don't want to think about any other possibility! Hope you all had a great weekend!
Closed Thread