Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #1231
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
HAPPY DANCE FOR MISTI !!!!!! I am so HAPPY for you !!!! Congrats on your loss !!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #1232
Major LCF Poster!

I forgot to say THANK YOU !!! To Misti for the cold food ideas. YUMMY !!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #1233
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
YAY Misti!!!!!!---So happy for you---I know you've been waiting for this for awhile, and now it's here!

Funny that we had the same dinner last night. Those salt and vinegar wings are
SO DELISHMO. Love the Lemon Pepper too. I really don't like the goopey saucy wings near as much as I like the dry rubs. Good thing too, as we both know the diff in carbs and calories.

We leave on Vacay this Monday. I'm hoping to make it so that we can eat every lunch in, and dinners out. Our vacations are different of course, in that you'll be at your parents' house, and we'll be in a hotel. But we do have a kitchenette and for money and woe reasons, I want to make use of it.

Here's what I hope to bring: Container of homemade egg salad and tuna salad. Container of liver pate. A dozen hard boiled eggs. A jar of cornichon pickles. Wasa crackers and parmesan crisps---these are no carb crackers you can actually buy, no carbs, crispy and delish. Almonds, celery and dips---most specifically, pimento cheese dip which is SO good homemade. Again, anyone who wants the recipe I will share. And, some good cheeses.

My hopes are that this gets us through lunch every day. We will eat out, as the room is not set up for making dinner, and after all, it is vacation. We have been to this place many times before, and I know the restaurants very well, and I know I can find Low carb choices at them for dinner. So that's my plan.

Jaded---so happy to hear you're buzzing along on plan. You are not always a woman of a lot of words, but I think you're quite tough. You really hang in there with this and us.

Had a gyros greek salad for lunch at work, from the absolute best place you can get it in this town. YUM. Dinner is left over chicken wings, which at 60 cents a wing, I brought extra to have for dinner tonight. I warms them up in our toaster oven and they are just as good, if not better, as the night I bought them.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:34 PM   #1234
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded --- couple of more cold food ideas. Do you like cucumbers? I have a very easy, delicious cold cucumber soup recipe I'd be happy to share w/you,---cheap and easy to whip up a batch for a couple of days, and so refreshing on a hot day---w/a salad, or cold shrimp, or some salmon, or whatever. This may not appeal to you, and I understand. But if it does, let me know.

Also, have you ever done cream sodas? Fill up a glass w/ice. Then pour it 3/4 full with/a diet soda like Hanson's Black Cherry, or Diet Rite's Tangerine, or even Diet Rite Root Beer. (no aspartame in any of these, if that bothers you.) Then fill the last quarter w/heavy whipping cream, and stir really well. It's like a dreamsicle or a brown cow/root beer float. So yummy and cold and refreshing. Of course, it you don't do diet pop, this won't work for you. But I only do one or tops two diet sodas a day, and it seems OK for me. If the same if true for you, try this!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:49 PM   #1235
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry to hog up so much space, but sometimes I'm just the only one here, but still determine to check in! It's such a good accountability thing for me.

Today was hot as hades. BLECH. I hate the heat, drains all my energy, and we only have AC in the bedrooms. So here I sit in my office with a fan 2 ft from my face, and that makes it bearable. Only good thing about the heat is it sure dampens my appetite, so I'll take that!

Today was 2 hard boiled eggs for lunch with may and pickles, my go to lunch lately. Dinner will be an artichoke w/butter and mayo, cold cucumber soup and an avocado with french dressing. Maybe I'll treat myself to a couple of pink grapefruit sections w/it, as my carbs will be very low today.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #1236
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hi Blue! Sounds like you are ready for your vacation with a good plan. It's nice your hotel has a kitchenette, but you're right, you're on vacation and you should not have to cook too much!

Never thought about buying extra wings for the next day! I often (but not always) have leftovers, but I didn't think to get extras proactively. Might have to do that next week!

Tonight we went to Which Wich (sandwich shop) for the first time. I've been there before because they have "lettuce bowls" but I didn't like it - too much shredded lettuce and it just didn't appeal. I saw in the Main Lobby someone said they have lettuce wraps ("Lettucewich") like Jimmy John's does. So we tried it tonight after DS's tennis lessons. It was really good because it is very customizable - moreso than Subway and way more than JJ's. I still love my #16 Club Lulu unwich as JJ's but DS and DH liked Which Wich even more, so I think it may be a staple for us. I did check out their nutrition facts ahead of time to get the rundown on the carbs and other nutrients in each item.

Still holding steady at under 235 (234.6 today). So I'm feeling pretty good that it is sticking this time. Hope to see a few more pounds drop off in the next couple of weeks before I visit my parents. We'll see I guess.

Had another health coach visit today. Nothing too exciting though I saw a flyer when I was there and it sounds like there may be a DEXA machine on the university campus where I work that is avaialble to the public for body composition testing. Not sure if I want to look into it or not since it involves radiation. As long as I'm losing I'm not sure that it matter so much, but it would be nice to know what a realistic goal is depending on my lean body mass. There is also a "BOD POD" machine which doesn't involve radiation, but she said that isn't open to the public or health coach participants, only for research.
Old 07-20-2013, 01:00 PM   #1237
Major LCF Poster!

Misti --- Glad to hear you're holding your drop. Me too. Good for us to hold on as best we can as our vacations approach. And your vacation is long IIRC, that's great, but not always so easy on the woe!

Missed my check in yesterday. It was a long hard work day, stressful and tiring. Came home and hit the sofa and didn't move till I moved to the bed. Good news is I was too tired to eat much, so had a great carb, calorie day yesterday. Had a brat for lunch, and 5 spareribs w/Guy's BBQ sauce---that stuff is great grilled on, and no or very low carb!---for dinner, and a handful of pepitas for a snack, that was it. If you've never tried pepitas they're a great LC snack --- you can have a nice big handful for 3 or 4 carbs.

Today was an artichoke, butter and mayo for lunch. We're going to our neighbors for dinner and she's making chicken wings. She's a low carber too, and found a Low Carb Asian Zing recipe, so that will be fun to try. Plus all ever appetizers are always low carb, so it'll be another good day on the woe.

Tomorrow I'll be whipping up a bunch of stuff to bring on vacation for lunches
and packing and then Monday we're off. Can't wait. Boy, do I need some R an R. Our last trip was busy, busy and very social. This one will be a lot of sitting on the verandah in front of the beautiful lake and reading.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:03 PM   #1238
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Blue! How great you have a friend who is doing LC. As always, your meals sound amazing. Hope the vacation prepping goes well. Have fun!!

Today was rare - I slept in until 10 when DS woke me up. That never happens! So I didn't start eating until after that. I had a lot of little snacky things today, including a handful of DS's popcorn at the movies. Plus we went to Costco and I had a few samples, all low carb except for a small amount of the "skinny pop" popcorn. My tracker says the popcorn was 5 g carbs altogether, so not too bad. Weight is holding steady under 235. Wii Fit says I lost 1.2 lbs. since last Saturday. I'll take it.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #1239
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Man, I love popcorn too! I've tried the skinny pop stuff, it was ok, but mostly not worth the carbs to me. When hubby and I go to the movie we air pop a bunch, use real butter and a dash of salt, and smuggle it in. We hate the fake butter and the expense of popcorn at theaters. So now I leave the bag in his lap---used to insist it be on mine, and I literally do one or two kernals at a time, savoring every bit of each and every one, trying to pace myself between reaches. Luckily, we don't go out to that many movies as each time I only barely win the battle. Good to hear another day, another day holding under 235!

Wow, dropped another pound today, new number! Very surprised because I ate a TON last night, all low carb but still, I had a plate of bones in front of me that looked like something a jungle beast had just finished for lunch! OMG, my neighbor's low carb asian wings were freaking fantastic, and she cooked them just right, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside.

You just never know what's going to move that scale and when, but I'll sure take it. I'm now where I hoped I'd be taking off for our vacation.

Working all day on final prep for our trip. For our lunches I'm bringing tuna fish salad, hard boiled eggs, liver pate, cornichons, homemade pimento cheese spread bacon bits, nuts thinly sliced peppered salami, various cheeses and TJ's sprouted Wheat bread---and a little toaster! Will probably only have it twice, but it will be worth it. Once there we'll pick up tomatoes, onion, mayo, celery, sliced beef and berries. So that should do us nicely for lunch, save us a glop of money, and all choices good for the woe, no tempting naughty stuff.

Dinner will be out, and I'll be having a whole bunch of perch. You have NEVER had better perch than they make it in Door Country Wisconsin. Usually fresh caught and panfried with the THINNEST, lightest, coating, just enough for a little crisp. Many places up there do it, and they all do it well. Best lake fish I've ever had anywhere---except when my dear old dad used to bring home the trout he'd just caught and fry it for breakfast with/potatoes, and big hunks of bread w/jam. Hmmmmm. I sure get poetic when I'm talking about food!

I will probably be checking in a fair bit, as it's so helpful to me in not feeling like I'm off in vacation land where carbs don't really count.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:27 PM   #1240
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you are well-prepared for your trip Blue! I had fish today - wild Alaskan cod, previously frozen. A whole pound, half for lunch, half for supper. It was good. The perch sounds yummy! My vacation will involve fish as well - my parents live on Cape Cod and I am sure we will go out for seafood a couple of times. Sadly I won't be able to eat fried fish or clam chowder any more. I will have to find a new fish favorite. Probably something broiled. I don't like lobster, unfortunately! I might try some broiled bay scallops though.

Should walk tonight but I don't feel like it, and I'm working on the bills...decisions, decisions.

Have a great trip Blue! Glad you'll be checking in.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #1241
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Sounds like you are well-prepared for your trip Blue! I had fish today - wild Alaskan cod, previously frozen. A whole pound, half for lunch, half for supper. It was good. The perch sounds yummy! My vacation will involve fish as well - my parents live on Cape Cod and I am sure we will go out for seafood a couple of times. Sadly I won't be able to eat fried fish or clam chowder any more. I will have to find a new fish favorite. Probably something broiled. I don't like lobster, unfortunately! I might try some broiled bay scallops though.

Should walk tonight but I don't feel like it, and I'm working on the bills...decisions, decisions.

Have a great trip Blue! Glad you'll be checking in.
Misti---Oh, you lucky ducky! Cape Cod! You know, Door County, (which is the
"thumb" on the mitten that is Wisconsin) reminds me of cape cod, smaller, but the same villages a long the water, and lots of water, that you find in Cape Cod. Because the peninsula stretches between Green Bay, which is enormous in itself, and Lake Michigan, it has a feel of the ocean. A horizon line where the water never ends.

I love being near water, it brings me peace. Now that I know you'll be in Cape Cod, it will be fun to imagine you there!
Old 07-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #1242
Major LCF Poster!

I've never been to Door County but it sounds great. I think we'll have to do a trip there sometime, since it's in driving distance.

Oh, and congrats on the drop! WTG!
Old 07-22-2013, 06:34 AM   #1243
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I am back up two pounds today. The only thing I have changed recently was to go from 1500 calories/day to 1400 and adding exercise (walking 3-4 times/week and now some light strength training) about a month ago. I haven't had a net loss since starting the walking. I really don't think 100 calories/day would make that big of a difference, but last time I saw a drop on the scale I ate about 1685 calories the day before. So maybe I need to eat a bit more and exercise a bit less. I think I'll start with the eating, and if by the end of August I am not back on track weight-wise I may give the exercise a rest until I am closer to goal. Any other suggestions welcomed!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #1244
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals,

First day of vacation and it's cold, cloudy and windy. Booooo. Oh well, It will be a great reading day, maybe a bit of shopping---there's so many great little stores here. And it's lovely to be here. Feel like my shoulders have disengaged from my ears already and are on their way down to calm and relaxed.

Stopped at a fave little deli half way hear yesterday for a delish greek salad and a half cup of muchroom soup for lunch. Dinner was as expected, perch, and it did not disappoint. Sweet and fantastic. With a green salad. So day one on the vacation woe went well.

Misti---Yuck.HATE that bouncy bounce. I'm THRILLED to heve a whole week without the scale! It's all about water and muscles and how they interact when excesising I think. Still it is a bummer not to have that loss. When I worked out a lot, I DID lose, but it took the scale awhile to show it, but my body showed it. OTOH, it could be just another little stall, so I think it's a great idea to give it another month.

I'll be back tomorrow, hopefully with another good report!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #1245
Major LCF Poster!

Hi, Hope everyone is doing well. BLUE hope you are having fun on your vacation.Misti hope you are doing well.Those 2 pounds will fall back off.
I am doing okay.Made it through the weekend pretty good.I need to go out and do some errands today.I need to hit up the veggie stand.Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #1246
Major LCF Poster!

You were right Jaded. I'm back down to 235 today. But I really need to go lower very soon!!! Especially since I will be visiting my parents for two weeks starting Aug 3. I will plan as best I can but I will be happy if I can just stay the same while I am there.

Hope your vacation is going great Blue!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #1247
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi Guys!!!

back from my trip and I did so bad on eating it was frightening

I am UP so much it is insanity. Up 12 lbs. YUP. I stepped on the scale and couldn't believe my eyes but I can tell ya one thing, I sure feel this weight on me like a ton of bricks around my bloated gut. Seriously, my 14 capris do not fit. they are so tight I had to not wear them and thank goodness I brought some 18 pants I had with safety pins to make them fit. I couldn't breath in some of my shorts at the end of the trip.

and I feel huge. absolutely incredibly huge. and my gut is bloated out and horrible.

I mean, I was getting that flatter tummy and it was making me feel so good and all within a short time the carbs gained so much on me it is wild.

BUT never fail. I do KNOW the 12 will come off reasonably fast. We ate out and my choices were horrible. hubby was in the mood for going out and getting 'specific' meals that of course I won't make in the 5th wheel so all my LC options that I brought got mostly unused. and of course with everyone ordering decadent food I sure didn't control myself at all. my fault, my choices

3 days I am doing meat and eggs. I have 12 chicken wings in the oven now to use thru the days. I am hitting the store in the morning for more eggs and tuna and hamburger meat.

I am limiting and 'dieting' away this 12 lbs as fast as I can. I know alot is sodium. I drank diet sodas and beer I hardly drank water. So getting fresh lemons for tons of lemon water to help me.

I am depressed about this gain but I also know I can handle it and get rid of it and then have to make a conscious decision to LOSE weight and not flutter around.

I have to say this is the highest vacation gain I ever had, but truly I ate like a hound dog with no discretion....and see what it got me LOL

One thing I do know, I have to truly make a low carb way of life more into my vacations. it can't be a bit here and there. it won't work.

BIG OLD SIGH as I go on my way and try to correct the past days and get my ducks in a row!!

I hope ya'll are doing well. Misiti congrats on staying the course!!!!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #1248
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---summer vegetable stands are the best! Glad to hear you're doing well on your plan, and yes, I'm having a great time on my vacation!

Misti---Good to hear those pounds dropped off. It's all water craziness, but you know I know how frustraing these stalls can be, and all the bouncing around. You've lost a lot of weight and I think it gets harder and the time between drops get longer. But we both know if we just keep at it it does happen!

Trigger---So you had a good time on your vacation, right?! Poopy to feel all that bloat, and yeah, probably a few pounds to boot, but you are very good at getting back on plan and motoring that right off. It was actually good for me to read your post because I'm on vacation now and it reminds me of my choices. The good news is there is I think, a lot of motivaton in learning once again that we don't like how we feel or look when we carb out. As I've said before, you have a great spirit and I know you'll get back on plan and keep going. It's a long haul we're on and there's gonna be some spills along the way, but getting back on plan and sticking with it will work.

OMG, gals, it is the most beautiful day ever here! 75 and sunny and crisp. There is a regatta on the bay as I write this, so many white sails in the wind. GORGEOUS. I am reading a ton, which makes me very happy, calm and relaxed, been so busy back home I haven't had much of a chance. Almost done w/my first book, and have another juicy one lined up. This for me is paradise---a good book, a great verandah, a beautiful bay, and all the perch I can eat!

Yesterday was pretty good on the woe, but not fabulous. Lunch was fine as we're eating all those here at the hotel, and the stuff I bought is all LC and working great. For dinner we went to a BBQ place that was just ok. I had ribs, green beans and a salad, all fine. But I also ordered a basket of those onion ring haystraws---I just have a thing for onion rings, and once again was ordering them before I knew what hit me.

They were very lightly breaded, the strips instead of the rings, but I had a nice big helping w/my ribs. So that was a treat/cheat, and boy were they good.

Going to do better today. Had a tuna sandy on toasted TJ's bread w/tomatoes, pickles and a hard boiled egg for lunch, and I'm totally satisfied. Tonight we go to another one of our fave perch places, and I think that's what I'll have, although its a great restaurant and I may have some other LC choice. Probably not because like I said, this is the best perch in the world up here, and they do it so well w/thin thin coat---nothing I'm going to worry about on an otherwise good day on plan.

I'll be back tomorrow, this checking in thing so works for me on vacation, plus I get to tell y'all a bit about what's up w/us in vacationland. Off to the pool to read, swim and soak up a bit of sun.
Old 07-24-2013, 03:37 PM   #1249
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hi Blue---that vacation of yours is sounding wonderful. I read part of a book but it was in the 95-98 range with heat index of 105 and I tell ya I couldn't concentrate on the beach. only getting into the water where the relief was at lol

75 sounds great. that weather is doable. my vacation was so hot it was insane. poor dog came out for a short walk and begged to get back in the camper with the AC. Your weather is sounding wonderful!!!

you are doing well on plan so far. I should have kept it to exactly what you are doing...mostly plan 'with a few' bites of some favorites. but instead I went wild. I paid for it dearly.

oh yea. I ate very light and clean today. I know something will be off in the morning so that helps me get my mind back straight.

I am off again on Aug. 6 for 5 nights in the mountains. I already told hubby ONLY 1 time are we eating out. he best pick what he wants cause rest is eating in the camper and I am eating LC way of life. I do plan on hiking and biking alot at the mountain campground. praying it is under 90 deg. to help with that.

my mind is still on Aug. 26. back to school. vacations mostly over and I can roll into a good way to get the scale down down down

Last edited by Trigger828; 07-24-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Old 07-24-2013, 09:01 PM   #1250
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Trigger! Sounds like you had a good time on your vacation. Eating on vacation is hard, even with sticking to plan it seems like being out of the normal routine causes weight gain. Then add that to a few off-plan meals...I guess it just shows how metabolically "on edge" some of us are. But I am glad you had a good day today eating clean. Hopefully you will be completely back on track in time for your next vacation!

Blue - sounds like you are having a very relaxing time. Glad to hear your planned lunches are working out. It has been "cool" here as well. Strange to say 77 degrees is cool. I would have given anything for 77 degrees in the winter!

Jaded - hope things are going well for you today!

Ate on plan today and "under my calorie goal". I also didn't do my walking today. I am starting to wane on my exercise commitment. Honestly if I didn't have the health coach visits two more times I would give it up completley at this point to see if that is what is causing me to bounce/not lose. I am also wondering if I need one higher calorie day a week (not higher carb, just higher calorie) to keep my thyroid from getting too sluggish. I am going to try and find out a bit more about that. I saw it on the Maria Health blog and have seen a reference to it one or two other places as well.
Old 07-25-2013, 06:49 AM   #1251
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good news. at least 4 lbs of bloat is gone this morning

so 8 more lbs of sodium and bloat to handle HAHA got a very clean and lean menu planned today and should be fine. I am hoping 3 more gone at least tomorrow and then I am getting into my usual area and will tackle it hard.

Misti, I tried and tried and tried so hard to do an exercise routine. well, not that hard I guess. cause I can't stick to it. I walk which is good. outside stuff. bike on vacation etc. but every time I try to do even a 1/2 hr on the stationary bike, or a 1 hr. kinda easy video I am good for 3 days tops and then it wanes out on me. I just hate scheduled exercise.

You can definitely have a higher calorie day and it will make the body wonder, and that is a good thing. not carbs like ya said, just calories.

Jaded you hang in there!! we all gotta hang in there

off to get some stuff done.
Old 07-25-2013, 03:36 PM   #1252
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger --- Good news on the 4lbs down. Man, that bloat is something,huh? I haven't tested myself yet on an all out carb out, but even with small cheats sometimes I blow up like a balloon. I wonder if the less carbs you eat the more sensitive you become to them? Although then again, I think I was in a constant state of bloat before I went LC and just didn't notice because it was "normal."

Well, gals our vacation has taken an unexpected turn. My husband's cousin and his fiance flew in from New Mexico and surprised us at the hotel yesterday. They will be spening the duration of the trip w/us. I love him, and the fiance is very nice---more on that in a minute---but it has taken our quiet week and turned it into a much more social one, which I can be honest here to admit, bummed me out a bit. But what are you gonna do? We are having fun, and they are interesting people, but well...

Here's the other thing. She's 50, gorgeous and probably weighs about 100 lbs soaking wet. And there I was feeling all spanky in my swim suit minus those 24 lbs, and then she came to sit w/me in her bikini, with her perfect tan and not a cellulite dent to be seen. I had to laugh at myself and how vanity always nips us in the rear just when we're thinking we're stylin'. LOL.

Anyway, through all that, staying on plan pretty well. Had a bit of sour cherry ginger jam w/my parmesean cheese for lunch. Door county is all about cherries. And I'm sure there was sugar in that. Oh well. Otherwise just some pepper sausage and pepitas.

Not sure where we're going for dinner, but sitting across from perfection is either going to drive me into a pasta frenzy, or motivate me to not let a cheat cross my lips. Tune in tomorrow to see which, LOL.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #1253
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you're dropping quickly Trigger! Hope it is all gone in no time.

Blue - sorry your vacation plans have been altered. Seems a little strange frankly. Next time do not tell anyone your exact plans unless it is on a need-to-know basis! Don't feel intimated by her, I am sure you look great and even better you feel great! Hope you are able to stick on plan as much as you desire.

Well, I finally saw 234 on the scale and I'm claiming it. Might be gone tomorrow, but I'll take it for today. In fact the first time I stepped on it said 233.4 then I stupidly weighed myself again and it went up to 233.8, so then I tried again and it was 234 two times I a row. So I stopped there. Didn't want to risk gaining any more. I am really considering skipping my walking for the next week and seeing what the scale does. Then I'll have to decide what to tell the health coach. I could tell her the truth, or lie. Lying would be easier.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 AM   #1254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue I know what you mean about a quiet relaxing time turned into a social media event. sometimes we just want quiet and easy and no others around especially a bikini clad someone HAHA

you won't cave. 100 lb soaking wet gals are everywhere. we sure can't let it stop us and that 24 off you makes a big diff. hang in there gal !!

Misti take the lowest on the scale. that one is the truth

I lost 1 lb. only. got a bomb thrown at me. chinese buffet. com'on people!!! geez
kiddo had 2 friends over and they all were starving and hubby says, chinese will feed them all. I went. I got salad with steamed shrimp, then 1 stick of teriyaki chicken, and a bit of broccoli and chicken. I did well but the sodium bloat kept me from losing better weight. at least I controlled myself I will take it. today is all about me and no one is going to alter my lc today. So if lucky tomorrow should be at least 2-3 lbs down I hope. fingers crossed.
Old 07-26-2013, 08:30 AM   #1255
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger, dropping a pound after eating at a Chinese buffet is awesome! Last time I ate at one I gained three pounds of bloat that took a week to get off. Needless to say I've avoided them for quite a while. DH has been craving Chinese, so I think I will make a LC Kung Pao Chicken for him, found a recipe on Linda Sue's site.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1256
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Hi low-carb-our-way-ers! I've been reading through this thread and wondering if I can slip in and join you on your weight loss journey? I have trouble following strict rules and usually do better on my own--lost 80# that way once--and am thinking this group is where I belong. I've been a member of this site a looong time, but haven't posted in a while.

About me: I'm a 50+ college professor in Texas and a former restaurant owner (and forever foodie--part of my problem!). As soon as I post this I will go update my stats and avatar . . .

Quick question: what are most of you using to track your daily intake of carbs/calories?

Thanks for letting me butt in. : )

~~Sally
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM   #1257
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeysock View Post
Hi low-carb-our-way-ers! I've been reading through this thread and wondering if I can slip in and join you on your weight loss journey? I have trouble following strict rules and usually do better on my own--lost 80# that way once--and am thinking this group is where I belong. I've been a member of this site a looong time, but haven't posted in a while.

About me: I'm a 50+ college professor in Texas and a former restaurant owner (and forever foodie--part of my problem!). As soon as I post this I will go update my stats and avatar . . .

Quick question: what are most of you using to track your daily intake of carbs/calories?

Thanks for letting me butt in. : )

~~Sally

Welcome Sally! Happy to have you here! Feel free to jump right in and join us. It sounds like you will fit right in. We are a little quiet right now with several people off having summer fun.

We aren't allowed to discuss most trackers here on LCF. I use one that sounds like it is friendly to exercisers. But I don't exercise that much, so it's a bit ironic! I have the same username there.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 PM   #1258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: honeysock
Stats: 211.5/211/150
WOE: low-carb/SB
Start Date: first time on lowcarb: 1972! (I was 13 : ) )
Thanks Mistizoom! I will look for you . . .
Old 07-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #1259
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

down 1 lb. take it considering I jumped on some chocolate last night and some pretzels. me bad.

today I have LC foods lined up and should fair well. need a good drop of 3 lbs of bloat from vacation. working on it.

hope everyone is doing well. rainy day here. ugh.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #1260
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome honeysock! Yes, please do join in, we're a cozy little group here, great gals and it's been so helpful to me on this LC journey to check in every day and chat about our ups and downs---literally when it comes to pounds. I don't use a tracker, but I do log my calories and carbs every day using various sites that give that info. Much of it I've learned by heart after 6 months on this woe. Look forward to seeing more of you here.

Trigger---good news on your continual post vacation drop!

Misti---How goes it? You're getting closer to your vacation, yay, as we are getting closer to the end of ours. Boo.

So I didn't jump off the carb cliff after all. Been very good and on plan for the better part and we're having great fun w/our surprise vacation guests. Thankfully she's very smart, interesting and fun, or I might have to really dislike her for being so beautiful and slim. She had the good grace to tell me how hard she works at it---runs 5 miles a day, lifts weights an hour every other day. Once I adjusted to our "new" vacation with guests, it's been great and I'm really glad they came.

Had mushroom soup and an Italian sausage for lunch yesterday and perch again for dinner, w/a side salad, and one little treat/cheat. The restaurant is famous for it's home made buns, and they are heaven. I had one. I'm feeling good about being able to have a small treat here and there on vacation and not let it lead to more, which in the past I have often done.

Not sure what today's foods will be. It's gorgeous but cool here today, kind of like a fall day. Lovely in its own way. So we're off to lunch and shop---too cold to eat on the verandah today.

Hope everyone is having some good LC days.
Closed Thread