Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 05:29 AM   #1201
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Jaded. back on plan fast. you will be fine. that 5 lb bloat will leave quickly.

it is never about the gain from eating off. it is ALL ABOUT getting back on LC fast and cutting any cravings etc that might happen.

Sounds like you had a blast

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #1202
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

HAPPY WED. to everyone!!!!

wow. I am cutting carbs cause I am getting into sweets more and need to cut that out.

I am starving.

I had a ribeye steak with bit of garlic butter at 11:30 and then wanted to eat down the house still

I was going to hunt for something sweet. oh yea not a good thing.

decided to make hubbys lunch for work tomorrow and made bacon and egg for him and MADE MYSELF about 8 slices of bacon. Woofed them down in a minute.

ok I am under control right now. I tell ya it is hard to be super disciplined anymore.

It is the creep. I know I have to back off when the creep happens. the CREEP comes in sugar and starchy carb forms. ugh haha

chicken with mushrooms tonight with a bit of broccoli and believe me I am going to eat a TON of it to ward off any cravings.

anyone else fighting to hang onto some control? I am doing well on moderate carb but I wanted to cut them back a bit and dang if I am not paying for it lol

eh, all will be fine. just the usual stuff to deal with.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 PM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Jaded ---Glad to see you back! Sounds like you had fun w/your guests, and are jumping right back on plan. I know everyone says it, but it doesn't hurt to say it again---getting right back on plan is SO important. Otherwise before you know it, you've gained that weight back, and man, is that depressing! So much easier to just get back on plan till the next treat---whenever that is.

Trigger---I'm a total water baby too, always have been. I love to be in it and on it, and walk along it, and sit in front of it. And I lOVE pools. I know you have one, man would I ever love that. I'd be in it every night. I love to exercise in a pool---do you ever do that? So easy on your joints and you're never hot!

Do you think your hunger has to do w/the moderate carbs? Because one thing I have to say about a LC diet is, for me anyways, I really don't struggle with much hunger. Except for mind hunger, which is of course a different thing, and even that goes away much of the time for me on LC. Maybe if you continue to go a bit lower carb you'll edge yourself back into ketosis---50 gs of carbs a day will probably get you there, and that's not too tough.

I think the transition back to a lower carb thing is tough because you have to get back into the planning thing and working on the LC variety thing. Carbs are just faster and easier. But once you get going on it, at least for me, I like the "project" nature of it.

Thanks gals, for all the nice birthday wishes. It was a lovely one. Dinner was freaking fantastic. Hadn't had crab legs in so long and forgot how fun they are. Keeps you workin' at it, but everyone gets messy and doesn't care, and then there's that garlic butter. Also, the cold cucumber soup was incredible. This is SO easy to make (if anyone's interested in the recipe I'll gladly share it.) and something you can whip up and have on hand for a few days. You top it off w/chives, lemon slices and a dollop of sour cream. Cool and refreshing on a summer night.

I did not have dessert, traded that for one slice of a baguette dipped in butter. Geepers, one puny little slice is 16 carbs! But it was worth it. All the apps were LC, so that was my only carbs yesterday, except for a couple in the salad. So good day carbs wise, calorie wise not so great, but not horrible.

Had BPC for breakfast. Then for lunch something SO excellent, if you like liver pate. We had some left over from appetizers last night. So easy to make and SO CHEAP to make. Excellent Low Carb, high fat food. So today I made a "patty" of it on my plate, added 2 slices of crispy bacon, and a thin slice of onion. Had this w/cornichons---tiny little pickles so tangy and wonderful, and the lowest carb pickles out there. Oh boy, was that good.

Hubby got a great deal on Salmon, so that will be for dinner w/sliced tomatoes and my french dressing. It's a good day on the woe. Now that the birthday has passed, I'm really on a mission to eat super clean for the next couple of weeks till vacation #2---and starting to plan foods to take on that.
I've got lots of good ideas.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #1204
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
HI All, Thank`s for the Welcome Back Trigger and Blue !!!!!!! I am still on plan and starving !!!!! I tell you it is hard to get the carb craving out of your system !!! I feel like I could sit down and eat until I pop !!!! I will NOT do it, though. It will pass. Oh please let it pass quick !!! LOL. I have dropped 2 pounds as of today. The water is my key to weight loss. Hope you all have a good night.LOrd, Please keep me out of the fridge !!!
Old 07-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #1205
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue the crab legs sounds fantastic. Love them and what a treat I know you had a blast from reading your post. AND BY THE WAY, what was your birthday present?

We boogie board and all when at the beach. never stop. In my pool at the house I relax. I don't do water exercises. I get out my big float and lounge. of course games of MarcoPolo and such with the kiddo in the pool LOL

Yes. It is a carb creep that makes me want more. I think lowering a bit each day to find that sweet spot will be good.

like yesterday I did fine thru the whole day, but then a 100 snack pack of popcorn was calling my name. YUM. all in all my carb count was low for the day. Slowly I am backing off major carbs. watching HOW I get the carbs.

I have to say I love that Sara Lee bread. 12 nc for 2 slices you can't go wrong. My only 'real' carbs today will be from that bread. Monster BLT is on my lunch menu. yum

I am doing ok. just figuring out a good spot to land and be comfortable in the food I eat daily.

Jaded--water is key for me also. one diet soda and I bloat like a maniac but drinking tons of water really does help weight loss and your whole body! drink up!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 10:22 AM   #1206
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Welcome back Jaded! I am up a bit in weight myself but it is not dropping off as quickly as you! I am sticking on plan though, sounds like we all doing a good job there.

Chatted with a friend last night on facebook I haven't seen in a while after I posted a new profile pic, she asked what kind of awesome diet I was on or did I have weight loss sugery. I told her LC...turns out she had WLS at the end of April. She has lost a total of over 100 lbs. since last August. It was funny when we were talking about what we eat, I said "low carb" and she said "high protein". Turns out we eat the same amount of carbs and protein, I just eat more fat and calories than her (I'm at 1400 cal/day, she's at 700). I thought that was pretty funny for some reason.

Lots of work to do today, but only another day and a half until the weekend!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

First things first today. I FINALLY dropped another 2 pounds. This is after pouncing around between the same 4 lbs for at least 3 weeks. I would get to the lowest in that 4 lb range one day, then bounce up 2 the next, down one, the next, etc, and even once, up almost 4! That was a bad day. But this morning the scale zipped right past a new number to the new number under that. and it was .0. I'm sure I'll bounce again, but I've decided the first time I see a new number I'm claiming it and reporting it. SO, TADA! 20 pounds down now. Love that nice fat even number.

And you know, I think it was strygner (miss her) or Trigger who mentioned you just get this leaner feeling, like there's less of you, right before a drop. And I had that yesterday but after all these weeks didn't dare to hope. But there is was this morning, that beautiful new number! Dropping is the MOST motivating thing and keeps me believing I just have to keep on keepin' on.

Just a cup of BPC so far, and it's held me to late afternoon. Had an all afternoon appointment, no chance to eat anything, but I'm not really hungry. That BPC is the bomb for me. Keeps me going for hours w/out even thinking of food if it's not in front of me. Not sure what's for dinner yet, we'll see.

Jaded---Hang in there girl! As you go deeper back into LC foods your hunger WILL abate. In the mean time, I think it's good to eat as much of LC foods as you need to be sated, don't worry about calories. And fatter meats are always good at this point I think.

Trigger ---Hubby's birthday was just two weeks ago, and so we always hold off on giving each other gifts till we get to Door County, our next vacation. So many fabulous shops there and we buy ourselves something for our home or garden for our birthdays. It's fun to pick it out together.

And I love that SL bread, although now I buy the Trader Joes Sprouted wheat for 8 carbs a sandwich, 4ncs a slice! LOVE IT. Still eat the SL Lite and Delicious hamburger and hot dog buns. Only have them a couple of times a week, tops, but like you, when I want a BLT this is the way to go. You can really fill it up with Bacon and tomato and have a nice big sandwich, but that toasted bread just makes it. Can't WAIT till our garden tomatoes get ripe, then it's going to be BLT city around here for awhile, sandys or salads or just sliced w/salt and some good Balsamic vinegar.

I just know you'll tiptoe down on those carbs and feel less hungry and better about things. Summer is rushing by, and if there is good loss, great. If not, fall is around the corner, and then you can really dig in. Just read again about a gal who lost 50 pounds, maintained for 6 months, and then lost another 40! Lost it in two batches. Thought that was going to be me for awhile, but looks like the scale is moving again.

Misti---Cool story about the facebook pix. Isn't it great that she noticed your loss right away and thought it was big enough that it might have been WLS?! Also, she gets 700 calories a day, you get 1400. Hmmmmm. Oh yeah...YAY LOW CARB!
Old 07-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #1208
Major LCF Poster!

Yea on the drop Blue! Woo hoo! I am having that hungry yet physically lighter feeling today, so I am really hoping for a drop tomorrow. Need to get off these extra 2-3 lbs. that crept on since last week. Played tennis tonight with DH while DS had lessons. Food was fine for today, I'm staying on plan. Hopefully the scale shows it soon.
Old 07-12-2013, 06:43 AM   #1209
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Friday ladies! Dropped down again this morning to 236.6. Really want to see my low weight of 235 again very soon! We are going out to supper at a BBQ place tonight with my in-laws and I am promising myself I am going to order the $5 special where you get a small amount of meat (I think 4 oz.) and a couple of sides (I'll stick with green beans and maybe a salad for a $1 upcharge). I don't need the combo meat platter with 10 oz. of meat that I usually get (though to be fair I usually do bring half of that home - it just costs 3 times a much as the special). Hope you all have a great day!
Old 07-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #1210
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Dance for Blue and Misti and me !!!!! Congrats on the loss !!!! I too am down another 2 pounds !!!! YES !!!
MY hunger is just about gone and am in ketosis. I hope to have a quite weekend and stay on plan. All these Ups and Downs are getting to me.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend !!!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #1211
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Happy Dance for Blue and Misti and me !!!!! Congrats on the loss !!!! I too am down another 2 pounds !!!! YES !!!
MY hunger is just about gone and am in ketosis. I hope to have a quite weekend and stay on plan. All these Ups and Downs are getting to me.
Hope everyone has a great day and weekend !!!
Jaded --- congrats!!! yes, happy dances all around. And just as good, that hunger being gone. It is hard to jump on and off plan. Those carbs are just so beckoning once you get going on 'em again. I hope you have a lovely, relaxing weekend, on plan, and not bothered with cravings.

Misti ---More loss. Great! Seems like you'll be back at 235 in no time. And I know you know that the exercise may be adding some muscle weight, nothing wrong w/that. Can you feel a difference w/the exercise, in terms of feeling or looking a bit slimmer, even if the scale doesn't say so? Enjoy the BBQ tonight---good plan w/the $5 special, for the woe and the wallet!

I can still hardly believe it, but I dropped another pound this am, for a tota of 3 in the last two days. Of course, this has happened before, and then the bounce begins. No reason to think it won't happen this time too. But the good news is I'm in NEW bounce territory, and that's what it's all about. Good Lord, seeing those new numbers on the scale is so...beautiful!

Had an on site work day, so we went to a food truck for lunch. These can be hard because they're all carby treats it seems. But today I had something delicious from a Thai Food Truck. A ginger sausage, big and juicy, covered w/lemon grass, tomatoes and green papaya, to which I added hot sauce to.
No bun of course.

Everyone says papaya is so carb heavy, but I think there's a difference between green and ripened papaya. The ripened is bright yellow and very sweet, where as the green is white and much less sweet. On Fat Secret it says green papaya is 8 NCs for a cup---which I don't consider high at all for the amt. There was maybe a quarter of a cup on this sausage, so I'm not worried about it. But I do think it's interesting that no one discusses the differences. Green Papayas are often used in thai cooking, and I love a green papaya salad w/chili's and peppers.

Having a cheeseburger on 2 slices of TJ's sprouted wheat for dinner w/some homemade vinegarette coleslaw. Might throw in a small scoop of SD coconut ice cream for dessert, might not. And that's going to be it for today--- So I should come in at about 15 carbs. Calories will be around 14 - 1500, so it's been a good and tasty day.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #1212
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOOT!!! congrats on the loss!!!! a lb. or 2 here and there over any amt of time still adds up

Misti that is cool you and your friend are losing. one on such little food tho. that is rough. my neighbor got that lap band. wow she ate hardly anything at all. but in the end she was losing her hair etc. also in the end she lost her job and she pulled the medical for her family which is gone now, can't afford the lap band adjustments and gained back over 125 lbs. I tell ya life is rough. but at least you guys are doing it

Blue----where did you read that? A gal lost 50, held for 6 mos. then kicked in and lost 40 again? I don't think I have seem that post?

We don't do presents anymore. Hubby and I hold off for Christmas were we do buy a very generous present. something we each want and splurge makes us happy to get what we want. Cool you guys team up, I like that.

I am hanging in there today. meatballs and small piece of low carb bread for dinner. not very hungry so that should do me
Old 07-12-2013, 05:30 PM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Darn it. I honestly did just read it here a few days ago, and I'll be darned if I can remember where. Isn't that the way? LOL, I can't remember where I put my keys or my reading glasses either.

And I know I've read it before here too. In fact, sometimes you can see it in people's stats, where they show you starts and restarts and total losses.

And, my common sense tells me that if you catch a snag in your commitment and momentum, and you know you're just not quite where you need to be w/your gumption, then the thing to do is to shift into maintenance for awhile, which is no piece of cake in itself, but which is second best, as opposed to sliding off the wagon and gaining it all back. Oh Lord, I've done that too much.

YOU GET TO TAKE A REST, if you want one, hold steady for awhile, re-gather your strength and analyze what you really want, and how much you want it. Nothing wrong with that, as long as that rest doesn't undo your previous losses. Because you and I both know that's a real crappy feeling.

I really respect your gutsy way of trying new things, exploring with what could work. But I'll be honest to say that I know for me, I cannot do moderate carb without it making me want much more than moderate. Carbs always lead to more carbs for me. Maybe some day when I reach my goal, I'll be brave enough to experiment more. But I'm just not there yet. It scares me.

I know you have struggled lately, and I'm SO happy to hear your hunger has abated with that tip toe down in carbs. We will, in the end, do this "our way"----and that's why you and I are here in this little corner of this site, right?

But hey, we keep showing up here, right? Showing up is a huge part of the fight. We're both fighters and we're hanging in there. And when I've lost as much as you have, and I get tired and my mo goes down, I sure hope you're here to remind me of what I said to you. XOBlue
Old 07-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the drops Jaded and Blue!

Sounds like you did well today Trigger.

I was doing well until after supper. Contrary to what I said earlier I did not get the $5 special but got the combo beef and chicken, but I brought all of the chicken home for lunch tomorrow. Green beans and salad with ranch for sides, plus brought LC BBQ sauce to use on the meat. So I did pretty well.

However I just stress ate....I should not as I wasn't really hungry but DH stressed me out tonight. He got a phone call and is all excited...then says "are we free at 10 tomorrow", I said yes. When he got off the phone he said, "I entered my name in a drawing for a John Deere tractor and I made it past the first stage! I won a free weekend trip! The guy is coming here tomorrow at 10 to talk to us." I said it sounds like a total scam, and he admitted it would be some kind of sales pitch and probably everyone "makes it past the first stage." I thought about it a while and told him I don't want the guy coming over. I mean, we don't know this guy from Adam. Of course he didn't get the phone number. So DH says, "I'll meet the guy at the door and tell him my wife doesn't want him to come in the house." I said, you can just tell him I don't want to meet with him. Of course DH is mad about it. Sigh. My DH is so gullible sometimes. He has boatloads of "get rich quick" type info dating years back. I'm just glad our retirement account are separate, he's the type who will probably write out huge checks to someone making empty promises a few years down the road.

Oh well...the stress eating was LC and not too much, a tablespoon of peanut butter, a few almonds, a square of sugar-free chocolate. But still, I didn't need it, and now I have heartburn from the chocolate. At least now I can sleep in tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #1215
Major LCF Poster!

Misti--- Husbands are both lovable and infuriating. (As I'm sure we wives are too.) And I so get how this episode set you up for what YOU see as doing less well than you wanted to tonight. But from what you've said here, I think you did just fine, all things considered. Some peanut butter, a few almonds, some sugar free chocolate---meh. Actually, I think this is a pretty good, pretty controlled "rant/stress" eating reaction. In my hay day it would have been a lot more, and more damaging foods.

I do understand you were looking forward to doing even better. Then life intercedes. Anger/stress is really hard on our woe, and I don't know why it is that the first thing we want to do is say "to heck w/it, I'm going to eat what I want." As if that's going to punish anyone but ourselves. SO BEEN THERE.

In fact, I barely escaped that tonight. Went to the grocery store to pick up one item, and took my beloved dogger. First we took a long drive along the river, her head hanging out the window, taking everything in, and she LOVES that. Then I stopped in at the grocery store, was in and out in 2 minutes, honest to GOD, as I only needed one thing for dinner, got it and hit the few items isle,where there was no one else.

Returned to my car, and there were two angry women waiting for me. They bout tore my head off before I knew what was happening. Yelled at me about leaving my dog in the car on a hot day---84 and breezy here, windows half way down for her comfort. I love my dog more than they'll ever know, and we treat her with the utmost of kindness and consideration. I can't tell you how much this infuriated me. Told them to get their big noses out of my way. Man, I was furious!

And I had to go past our Hardees on the way home, and all I could think about was that I needed onion rings, and lots of 'em. And maybe a chocolate milk shake. Don't know how I drove past this time, but I did. It was something of a miracle for me, because when I feel that anger, nothing else matters and for some reason, my answer to it is food.

So I really understand. But again, I think you did way good enough tonight. And you know, good enough is the best all of us can do sometimes. Hope you sleep in grandly tomorrow, and of course, tomorrow is another day. A fresh new beginning, every 24 hours. Thank God for that.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:25 AM   #1216
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

hey Blue your posts are so helpful to me!! you have a good solid common sense head on your shoulders I like that.

I am thinking my carb limit might be lower than I am thinking. Sure I can make it thru a good bit with more moderate carb, but then I notice the carb creep hitting harder and harder as the days go buy.

I think lowering the carb limit to 30-40 tops right now is it for me. I am trying to find ways to make it all fit. I guess that is also why I am not losing good weight numbers right now. I am experimenting. Hmmmm....maybe THIS IS NOT the time to experiment with carb limits?

taking a rest and going into maintenance for a while is good if needed for specific reasons, but I think me trying to find new ways of eating what I like thru the day and monkeying around with my diet plan is just what is keeping me maintaining. I need to be losing tho.

my experiments probably should be at the end of weight loss right? I only have about 30-40 lbs left to lose and I know I can get 'er done if I stick to a more very low carb limit.

So maybe now I should go back more strict and save my experimenting while in maintenance? Maybe my experiment time is over right now LOL and back onto the losing time?

Let me say that while jumping up this 3-4 lb area and then losing and gaining, I feel SO FAT it is unreal. Honestly. I hate that feeling. I now feel FATTER at my lower weight. I don't like that I actually feel like the 30 I lost is still on me. weird.

And I think this is WILD---I feel inches coming back. Yup. the tummy feels bigger. (I wish I did real tape measurements when losing) I swear my pants are tighter that fit fine when I was more very low carb. I put my smaller pants on yesterday that felt fine about a few weeks ago, and they felt tight?? I mean, could I be gaining a few inches around the gut just because I went into moderate carb? I think that might be happening and I sure don't liek that

I gotta think hard on this and probably I am swinging back toward lower carb and losing weight. I don't think my mind says it is time to really take a break and maintain just yet. Hmm

WOW on those women. I can see them feeling bad for the doggie but I also can't understand why they wouldn't just talk to you instead of jump on you. I also take Bolt to the store in the car and do the same--max of 5 mins. grabbing one item. No good dog owner leaves a dog in the car any longer cause of high heat. People jumping on you in the parking lot isn't cool. My area we have concealed guns they get might get more than they bargained for if they jump on me like that HAHA
Old 07-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #1217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Misti. that would upset me also. I don't want strangers in the house either. especially when you know it is a 'you win for free' and then ya know you gotta pay. my hubby listended a long time on the phone about a free trip. I finally walked over, took the phone out of his hand and hung it up. he wasn't happy about that I told him nothing is free in this life and no one is going to hand you a free anything!! he just doesn't get it poor fellow haha

your eating was fine. if you controlled to that you did very well!!!
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 AM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger --- Yeah, unfortunately in menopause, the weight goes to the middle first usually. When I was younger I got it in my thighs and butt. No more. it's mostly around the middle now, and a thinner layer everywhere else. And since I have long legs, it leaves me looking like an apple on sticks. Thankfully, My 20 pound loss is also mostly from my middle. I think this is pretty standard for those with metabolic syndrome, which is definitely me. Docs don't want the weight on the middle. Dangerous.

I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on this. And so understand them. Last time I did LC I carb creeped myself right back up the 35 pounds I lost, and then some. This time I've lost 20, 30 to go. When I get to goal I'm going to give myself a 5 lb leeway area to experiment. If I shoot up those 5 pounds, it's back to Lower carb, until I know what I can and can't do to maintain. And BTW, I don't expect maintenance to be any walk in the park either, but at least I'll be looking better doing it.

But you have lost those 30 pounds, and I know it looks good on you. It's just that feeling our bodies get bigger instead of smaller isn't fun, even if it's only 4 or 5 pounds. We all like that leaner feeling we get when we're about to whoosh. So yeah, I like the idea of your lower carb plan because I think you will be happier and feel better on it. Not to mention you will begin to lose again. Might take awhile, but it will happen.

Plus, I think the more we lower our carbs, the less we want them and the lower they go. This last week I've hit 20 or under all week, and not even aiming for that low, just my natural choices. For me the best part of LC is losing carb cravings. Not entirely of course, but largely. That makes it so much easier for me. I enjoy my LC food but I don't LOVE it the way I used to, love those carbs, which is a good thing for obvious reasons. And for me, I need to keep experimenting w/new LC ideas and recipes and combinations as boredom is definitely my enemy on this woe. I've learned to really enjoy some things I wouldn't have given a second look to if I had a dish of carbs in front of me.

In fact, I'd really like to start a LC meals/snacks in 10 minutes thread here. Maybe there is one already. But LC can take a lot more effort and time, but doesn't have to. Anyway, I'm babbling here, but Trigger, ONWARD. We'll hang in there together and as you say "get this thing done." One way or the other, and definitely "Our way."

And yeah, I wouldn't have been offended if those women had nicely inquired as to my dog. I would do the same if I was concerned for a dog or a child in a hot car, as I know there are people who are not responsible about this. But what happened is they pulled up next to me as I was walking out of the store, sprung out of their car and lit into me. They had no idea of how long I'd been there. 2 minutes, really, if that. And when you're as big of an animal lover as I am, and have never abused or been unkind to any animal, it was just, well, infuriating. When I got in the car it wasn't even that warm, as windows were down, and dogger was just fine as I knew she would be. Ask her if she would have rather skipped the ride along the river because I couldn't leave her in the car for 2 minutes when I got the SD ice cream. Now if it's a really hot day, she stays home. period. Oh well, over and done. But really, some people need to engage their brains and their manners before they shoot off their big mouths!

Today I slept in quite late, as we had a huge storm that woke me last night and it took quite awhile to go back to sleep. Which is kind of convenient because tonight we're going to an engagement party for my nephew and his fiancee at my brother's house, and I don't have as much time to eat until I get there. It's going to be a big wing ding, catered affair and I'm sure the food will be good and tempting. So I'm having a cup of BPC as I write this, and that will be it till the party, leaving me as many carbs and calories as possible. I will report back in after the party as to how I did.

Hope you are all enjoying your Saturday. Weekends are the best.
Old 07-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #1219
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: qcollins
Stats: 250/246/130
WOE: Moderate carbs
Start Date: July 2013
Hello everyone. Today, I am committing to a lowER carb woe. I have tried all of the low cr diets and never made it past induction on any of them. I definitely need SOME carbs. My challenge is to find how many can I have before the dreaded carb cravings kick in. I have read most of this thread to date and feel encouraged and empowered to eat my way! I am so impressed by the daily successes you all have in doing carbs your way and can only hope that I am as successful!
Old 07-13-2013, 01:38 PM   #1220
Major LCF Poster!

qcollins,

I too could not face induction this time around on LC. So I started at 50 or less carbs a day, which puts most in ketosis, appetite decrease, and decrease in cravings. And, at least for me, I found 50 carbs a day to be comfortable enough to maintain.

That was back in February, and slowly as I read and learned more, and got more good low carb recipes and alternatives under my belt, my carb count went down naturally, and based on MY choices, not a plan I felt I had to stick to. Now doing an average of 30 grams of carbs a day, am a happy camper on this, and have lost 20 pounds since I began. Not huge, but huge for me.

Weight loss is a bit slower when you don't start w/induction, but I didn't care, just wanted to do something I could stick with. Sounds like that's where you're at. I hope you come back here often and join us. I check in every day, even on vacation if I can, and that has helped me on this woe, more than I can say. We're a small little group, very cozy, and helpful, and the "our way" is understood here---a group of good low carb pals, and we all need those!
Old 07-13-2013, 08:57 PM   #1221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue great post with great insight! I love reading it and it keeps me on track.

I am also long legs and long torso. I have tummy and upper arms that carry weight. rest isn't so bad but happy 'all' of it is shrinking.

Lucky me. I am sick! AND I SAY LUCKY because it is getting me back into way low carb. ate very sparse today, maybe a total of 5nc if that. Got tummy ick, woozy from sinus, eyeballs wonky, and HOT FLASHES that are getting unreal. I had some and they left but HOLY cow they are back with a monster vengenance. I actually feel sorry for myself HAHA no one should have this junk lol

I think instead of upping carbs mostly I will pick and choose a carb meal. Like a real BLT sandwich on lc bread. sparingly. which means not often But mostly I am sticking more toward lower net carbs. I have to lose weight. get to goal and then we can experiment with how to maintain and live thru it all.

------------

Hi qc
Hang in here with us. We are all doing it our way and experimenting and helping each other big time on this thread. support from friends is fab!!! You can do this.
Old 07-14-2013, 07:29 AM   #1222
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

3 lbs gone. it was an UP weight but at least it is gone. didn't get me any new low on the scale but at least I feel like a change is coming for the better.

I kinda got that renewed motivation that wanes on me and I try so hard to find it. being sick just got me off carbs totally. today I have little desire to eat also but I will stick VERY low carb today to be on the safe side.

I think the menapause is screwing me up also. with cravings. sweets. right now that seems gone so I will run with it and get some lbs off if I can

I leave tomorrow afternoon for a 8 day trip to the beach. going food shopping later today and will stock tons of lc stuff. my goal is NOT to gain MUCH on this trip. a few beers and a few dinners out will put me up a little but key is control within reason.

hope everyone is doing well!!
Old 07-14-2013, 10:03 AM   #1223
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Great news on the 3 lbs down! Sorry you've been feeling ill though. Your vacation sounds yummy enough to be fun w/out going overboard on the food. As you and I both agree, being on a beach is heaven. Have a fabulous time! Will miss you.

The engagement party was so much fun! It was so heart warming to see my brother so happy and proud. This is his oldest son, and he's just a great guy and we're all so happy for him. We love his fiancee too. They will be married in Cartagena Columbia---her place of birth---in late August and we'll be there! Hubby, son and me are going for a week, and I can hardly wait. There was a salsa instructor and that was a blast, and a gelato truck for dessert and that brings up the food thing...

I did have some treats---a small cup of salted caramel gelato. OMG. Also had polenta w/my beef, and one very small appetizer that was a little cream puff BLT. So, it was my most off plan night in months, and I enjoyed every minute and bite of it. And it was my only food for the day, had seconds on nothing and ate pretty light besides the treats.

Best news, woke up this am w/that big old metal mouth, as always, so still in ketosis. AND, better yet, I'm still holding on to my 3 lb whoosh. Not an ounce of gain. This is a couple of days for me w/out a bounce back up, and that is unusual for me and very good to experience. Fingers crossed it holds, and I'm going to do everything I can to "lock it in."

Will have a very clean eating day. Two hot dogs for lunch, Chicago style, with tomatoes, onions, cornichons, mustard and celery seeds. No buns. Hubby gets the BEST hot dogs, spicy and so tasty. Not sure what's for dinner yet.

Can't believe it's Sunday already. Weekends just fly by. Hope you guys are having a good one.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #1224
Major LCF Poster!

Yea Trigger and Blue! 3 lbs. off (or kept off) is awesome! I am creeping down, today at 236 only a pound above my low weight. I am really hoping for another pound or two off this week so I don't have to freak out on my health coach on Thursday, as I haven't really lost a pound since I started exercising a month or so ago. And I am not even exercising that hard, and I'm still tracking calories so those haven't changed.

Sorry you are sick Trigger, though it sounds like maybe it helped the weight loss. Have a great time on your trip! We have been a travelling bunch this summer.

Blue, as always your social life sounds fab! Good for you for enjoying every bite at the party. Sounds like you jumped right back on today.

Went to the movies today and had a few bites of DS's popcorn. It still tastes good. I stopped at about 10 total pieces though.

qcollins! Glad to have you here! I did not do induction either last November. Starting LC was a quick decision after DH was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. I didn't even weigh myself at first, as my primary goal was (and it) to improve health (I have PCOS and insulin resistance). So I didn't really get induction flu or anything last November, as I definitely eased into things. After I went on a cruise in March and got out of ketosis I had pretty bad induction flu. I am going to try very hard to stay in ketosis when I got to my parents' house for two weeks in August as I don't want to deal with that again if I can help it. Good luck and please keep posting!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #1225
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue that sounds like a great party! You did well in eating thru it

Misti that exercise will firm up alot of areas. you keep at it!!

gonna step on the scale this morning before leaving, and hopefully come back with a very low gain from this trip.

I will do my best

see ya'll in about 8 days. hopefully weather will be kind. so much rain in my area now but being at the beach will be nice.

everyone be good! Me included LOL
Old 07-15-2013, 09:13 AM   #1226
Major LCF Poster!

Hi All,
Hope everyone had a great weekend !!! TRIGGER, I hope you have a great vacation and are feeling better.Hubby and I went on a road trip Saturday and had dinner out. It was fun. I have kept on plan for the most part this weekend.I was hoping to do a bit better than I did.I will be strict this week and hope to get some weight off.Hope everyone has a great day !!!
Old 07-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #1227
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---LOL, I swear my social life can be dull as watching paint dry some times, and then wham, everything is rockin and rollin. I have had a lot of parties and celebrations this summer---fun. But sometimes before I leave I just wish I was going be home reading on my sofa. Huge book worm here. But that's for winter I guess, which is one of the reasons I like winter. Actually, I'm a four season girl, love 'em all, and love the way life changes its pace w/each new season.

You are going to lose that pound any day now! I see you have a big vacation coming up too. We're off a week from today. We should talk vacay strategies. Are you or can you bring some of your own foods and snacks? We'll have a small kitchenette where we're going, and I've got quite a list of things I want to bring. Not only for my woe, but for our wallets! Trying to plan lunch at the hotel for every day, and dinner out.

Trigger - Bon voyage! I think maintenance is a great vacation plan! Couple of bloaty pounds, meh. I've seen you knock those off like a champ before!

Jaded---I love a good little road trip! Something so peaceful and sometimes almost hypnotic about being on the road, some good tunes, and conversation as you roll along. Glad you had fun, and sounds like you're negotiating your woe pretty well.

Man, I didn't sleep hardly at all last night, and woke up early to boot, feeling bad---shaky and light headed. So I did something I RARELY do, cancelled my appts for today. Then took a really long nap. Best thing about it, not much time to eat!

Had a bit of egg salad when I woke up, now about to have a brat on a SL low carb bun, and maybe one on the side, bunless. Then maybe a bit of SD ice cream w/a dribble of Torani's sugarless caramel syrup, couple of nuts. And that's it for today.

4th day of maintaining my whoosh, to the decimal point. This makes me so happy, as it is not normal for me. But I waited a long time for this drop, and I'm starting to think it's here to say. Yay. I'd like to knock off another pound before I leave for vacay, but that's pretty optimistic w/my pace of losing.

Hope y'all are having a lovely relaxing night.
Old 07-16-2013, 03:37 PM   #1228
Major LCF Poster!

Hi all.

Today has been a whirlwind, very busy but pretty good. Cup of BPC for breakfast. 2 hardboiled eggs, sliced with a swirl of mayo and celery seeds, and pickles for lunch. Buffalo wild wings Lemmon pepper and Salt and vinegar wings for dinner. And that will be it.

It's just too hot to cook anything and too busy. So until we leave for vacation next week, I think there's going to be a lot of take out LC food.

Hope it's a good LC day for everyone!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:48 AM   #1229
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone is doing well. I am in busy mode this week. Cleaning and doing jobs that don`t matter to anyone but me. LOL. I am keeping on plan. In fact, I am sick of food !!! I am having shakes for breakfast and am so sick of them !!! I think I will make a batch of blueberry flax muffins for breakfast. It is so hot here(90 and above). HOT food makes me sick to think of it.I am doing any cooking I need to do in the morning. EARLY !!!! LOL. Made chicken thighs yesterday. I am eating them cold.If you all have any ideas about cold foods please send them my way !!! Thank`s. Have a gereat day !!!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:24 AM   #1230
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, it is incredibly hot here too! Very glad for AC.

Saw a drop this morning to 234.4! Under 235 finally! I really hope it sticks. Of course yesterday I didn't exercise at all and ate about 250 calories more than usual. Not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but I'm not complaining! Also TOM is also over (no baby for me at age 43, thankfully!!) so that might be helping.

Jaded - Cold foods --- love my fat bombs. Also cold cuts (or any cold meat), cheese, cottage cheese, a few blueberries or strawberries, deviled or hard boiled eggs, pickles. Those deli roll-ups are supposed to be good, put cream cheese on a piece of ham, then roll it around a pickle spear. Never tried one but people love them.

LOL Blue: "Buffalo wild wings Lemmon pepper and Salt and vinegar wings for dinner". That is EXACTLY what I had for dinner last night! 4 of each even for "Wing Tuesday", 60 cents each. I am trying to plan for my vacation too. I am going to have some food sent to my mother's house from Netrition I think. My dad does low calorie but not low carb or low sugar, necessarily, though he does at least use some diet products. I not only have to worry about myself but also DS, as my father will try to give him treats more than I would like. I have a couple more weeks to plan at least. Need to really finish my list this weekend, and order by the next weekend.
Closed Thread