Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #1171
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: blondfire
Stats: 227/183/145
WOE: Low Carb
I re-started at 210# late in April. May 24th I got down to 196# and started following Kimberli33 on this blog. I cut out fruit and today I weigh 181#!! I am so excited to re-visit the 70's this week! Thanks, Kinberli33 - you have helped Me change my Life and put a smile back on my Face!!

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-2013, 06:51 AM   #1172
Junior LCF Member

What really helped me initially was all you ladies Meal Plans but, I had to tweak it for myself.

I am a Coffee Roaster so I drink and test a lot of coffee! But, I switched to Lemon Water in the afternoon and through the Evening which has helped considerably with bloat.

Here's my plan for today:

B: Huckleberry Coffee w/ Almond milk
L: Califlower Fried Rice with Portabella shrooms, Shrimp and an egg friend in a pat of butter (My new favorite and I thought I hated Cauliflower?)
D: Grilled chicken Salad with tomatoes, cukes, hard boiled egg and a homemade reduced balsamic dressing done Kardashian style! ( And no, I don't like the Kardashians but when they eat their delivered Salads they put only a very little dressing on them and then shake the Box resulting in much much less Dressing being needed?)

And I weigh myself Everyday...
Old 07-02-2013, 09:57 AM   #1173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Welcome blondfire! Glad to have you here! Congrats on your success so far. Sounds like you have some great meals planned for today. Is huckleberry coffee a flavored coffee? I generally don't drink coffee but it sounds interesting. Never heard of Kardashian style salad either! But it's a great concept. Do you have a container you shake your salad in? I usually just add a whole bunch of dressing and then have a pool at the bottom.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #1174
Junior LCF Member

Yes, Misti - Huckleberry and Huckleberry Cream are two flavors I have made by a flavoring company. I live in Montana so I also do a Flathead Cherry as well that sells well in Tourist Traps. hehe.

For the Kardashian salads, I noticed one night flipping through the Channels that they all were having Salads with dressing on the side as I went for a lemon water re-fill. No big deal until they I saw them put about a tbsp. or two on their salads and SHAKE!! I usually drown my salads so I reached for a Glad container and did the same thing and have been eating my salads the same way since?!! I never thought I'd actually be interested in ANYTHING Kardashian but, then, who would have ever thought that I would ever eat Cauliflower Rice? I love the stuff and am a great cook but, I am very "picky".

I have also been on a Portabella Shroom kick to lower my red meat intake.

I am a Cosmetic Chemist by education and a lot of low-carbing is done with food grade gums, emulsifiers and thickeners used in cosmetics so I find it very intriguing...

You can make a very creamy lotion with 97% Water, 1% oil so, why not Gravy? Well, you can! It's just the rest of the ingredients most people can't pronounce that gives those packaged products color, flavor, mouth feel and shelf life. You wouldn't want to consume any of these toxic chemcals and a lot of them have a skull and bones as a reminder that they are poisonous but, the good old FDA doesn't regulate the Formulas but only requires these ingredients on a small Ingredient disclosure...

...and that's why I like Cauli Fried Rice!!!! hehe.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #1175
Junior LCF Member

Another "trick" that has really jump-started me these past few weeks was my curiosity about Skinny Fiber that was popping up all over FB for $49.99? A quick check of the Ingredients and it boils down to Glucomannon and Digestive Enzymes! So, I bought Gluc and Super digestive enzymes off the shelf? What a difference it made for me in NOT caving into or rationalizing with myself. I open one powder capsule and pour it on my tongue and drink it down with water so it works faster! $5.49 - Gluc controls hunger and constipation as it is also fiber! Anyone else tried this?
Old 07-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #1176
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondfire View Post
Another "trick" that has really jump-started me these past few weeks was my curiosity about Skinny Fiber that was popping up all over FB for $49.99? A quick check of the Ingredients and it boils down to Glucomannon and Digestive Enzymes! So, I bought Gluc and Super digestive enzymes off the shelf? What a difference it made for me in NOT caving into or rationalizing with myself. I open one powder capsule and pour it on my tongue and drink it down with water so it works faster! $5.49 - Gluc controls hunger and constipation as it is also fiber! Anyone else tried this?

Welcome blond fire! You bring interesting information and points! No, have not tried "Skinny Fiber," or even heard of it, but I sure like your know-how as to get the same thing for a lot less! A friend of mine just signed an endorsement contract w/a diet company that gives her something similar. She pops one and claims her appetite is gone for hours, or is greatly reduced at meal times.

For me, I use BPC almost every morning to do the same thing, plus gets me some needed fat in my woe. Sounds like you're doing great, hope to see you back here often.

So today will hopefully be another super light day in prep for coming vacation. So far, BPC for breakfast, two hard boiled eggs w/mayo and celery salt, a small handful of cornichons and a small handful of almonds. I LOVE this lunch. So tasty and light, but yet filling for me.

A friend is taking me out for dinner tonight for my upcoming birthday. Now I'm off to that restaurants site to re-select my order, and avoid any spontaneous bad choices. This really works for me for eating out.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:26 AM   #1177
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi guys
back from trip and UP 4 lbs. bleck.

vacations are nailing me and I leave for another trip on July 16 to the beach.

as much as I am wanting to continue to lose, it seems I am stagnant now in this summer time of trips. at least I am staying around my new lowest weight and not really gaining. I guess that is one good thing, but I sure would love to see real weight loss and it isn't happening.

I have trips planned all thru summer until kiddo goes back to school. we cram in trips when she is on summer break.

I feel like the hamster on a wheel getting no where

hope ya'll are doing well!!!!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:02 AM   #1178
Junior LCF Member

180#

B: Coffee
L: Omlette with shrooms/onions
D: Nori Sushi with Cauli Rice/Oysters/Daikon radish/wasabi

* I am obsessed with my Scale. I want to be under 180# so bad and in my 170's but I won't count it until I can see my red needle "clearly"!! Believe me, I even put my finger on my vanity!! hehe.

**the Gluc Powder may be working too well? I am in strong Ketosis and have NO appetite. Last night, I took a Gluc and went for a quick 10 minute walk; made a new friend and spent about an hour talking. When I got home I had absolutely no appetite? I attribute it to either the Gluc or Sun Stroke because I never go outdoors!
Old 07-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #1179
Junior LCF Member

I bought 5 dozen eggs for 4.89 last week. This is MY WEEK to break the bondage of "No Noodles"? hehe

Gluc Noodles, Chia with Coconut flour Noodles, Egg white noodles with Potato flour? Almond Flour with egg whites? Cauliflower and Gluc Noodles? I hate those Shiritake Noodles and I don't "think" I like Squash?!! There's got to be something!! Any ideas?!!
Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #1180
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: exotec
Stats: 380/216/130
WOE: Primal lo-carb
Start Date: Sept 2007 :-(
Great idea for a topic! Low-carb is always a personalized plan. It's good to get ideas from others.

We were set on this path by our endocrinologist. I went originally just for weight loss. Naturally, most of his patients are diabetic (which I am not, thankfully!), and his standard diet is formulated for them. Nevertheless, he put me on it. He says I'm "metabolically deranged!" LOL Love it He affectionately refers to his version as his "caveman diet." My husband is on it now too, for Type II diabetes. He's not adhering very well, but what little he does has improved his diabetes a lot.

Anyway, coming from a medical background, it looked SO very wacky I had to start researching it. The more I discovered about this lifestyle, the better I felt about it. It's been a lifesaver for me, in terms not only of weight loss, but better health, too. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir. You all know that already!

So, we're following his "caveman diet" and incorporating as much Primal into it as possible. I have issues with most veggies - I'm sensitive to FODMAPs, cruciformes, nightshades... that makes it a real challenge to stay on the plan. My "cheats" tend not to be with true carbs (MOST of the time!), but with off-plan veggies. I crave a nice big salad! but I can only manage perhaps a cup or so, and then just the lettuce. I can eat string or snap beans, but that's just about all my gut will tolerate that's still in the low-carb milieu. I love and can eat carrots, corn, green peas, beets, beans (in moderation), sweet potatoes, white potatoes (though I don't, just on accounta), squash (mostly winter varieties), mushrooms (in moderation), an occasional slice of cucumber, tomatoes only in the form of a bit of ketchup or sauce (I'm talking a few tablespoons)... and that's about it. I absolutely cannot assimilate cauliflower or broccoli or anything else in that family. I don't even get the "fake" pasta/rice/taters that most low-carbers can make from cauliflower.

I've gotten lately so that too much protein is bothersome, especially heavy proteins. Not that I don't love a nice steak! I do eat that sort of thing often enough, but I can't manage more than a couple ounces at a time. I eat lots of chicken. I love eggs! I eat 4 eggs most every morning - beautiful pastured things from a local producer whose chickens are out in his yard doing happy chicken things! They're amazing. I do eat dairy, like cheese. A bit of yogurt or kefir sometimes. Bacon, of course! I like seafood, although salmon isn't something I favor. I like cold cocktail shrimp (yum! snacks!), and I've recently discovered that Trader Joe's carries precooked and frozen langostinos, which have been a joy to me lately.

I indulge with (white) crab at every opportunity... and scallops. Only trouble with crab is getting into it! What a chore. LOL I found some really nifty looking forks on Amazon a few weeks ago that are meant for opening seafood though; they're sturdy and have serrated inner tines. Can't wait to try those out!

Well, anyway. That's off thread. hehe

I've been on this journey long enough now that my metabolism is trying to save my life in conservation, so I'm semi-stuck. I'm contemplating a Fat Fast to get moving again... but I'm not really avid about cream cheese, and there seems to be a lot of that in a Fat Fast. But WTH, it's only a few days. I'm still waffling about it.

I'm interested to see how the rest of you have implemented your version of low-carb!.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:29 AM   #1181
Major LCF Poster!

so I made a kinda decadent lunch

filet mignon with bit of garlic butter

broccoli with a tiny bit of alfredo sauce on it with bit of parm

ate it all up stuffed

tonight will be shrimp on the grill along with monster loaded salad with cheese etc.

I have to get thru today eating clean but big to keep off any junky stuff.

tomorrow I am starting eggs and meat for 2 days. then I will go back to my 1500 cals per day with limit of 40 nc per day.

MY MIND says it is a short time til July 16, I can't lose much before I leave on the trip, so why not just eat whatever?? well, duh. UH NO. LC is a way of life. Not one I can just jump on and off and boy it gets hard when you sway a bit and have to get back on!!

So I told my mind we are going lc strict vs. lc with wiggle room

AND HI TO ALL THE NEW PEOPLE ON THE BOARD!! LC your own personal way with the foods you like to eat and your own net carb limits is what works for us on the board!! Glad some new people have found this thread. It is a good one!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #1182
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---so glad to see you back! I always miss your lovely spirit when you're gone. Your lunch sounded delishmo. You and I really have a lot in common now w/our upcoming vacays. Would be so easy to discount the short times inbetween our planned trips, throw up our hands and say, maybe fall would be a good time to get back on track. Speaking for myself, been there done that, and didn't fool anyone, least of all my body.

The way I look at it Trigger, is that if we make it through the summer and all our vacations w/out falling off the wagon into carb hell, or gaining much at all, this will be VERY GOOD in itself. Of course I would still like to lose through all this, as would we all, but I'll not give up the good in service of the perfect. We can do this Trigger. We can protect our losses and still enjoy summer life, right?

Blondfire--- I HATE Shirataki noodles. They feel like worms in my mouth. I have found no recipe or replacement for pasta on this woe. There is too much controversy about Dreamfields Pasta for me to trust that they aren't like any other pasta. So for me, just not doing pasta/noodles right now. When I get to my goal, I will see if I can add them in occasionally, and when I do it will be REAL pasta, not Shirataki noodles. Good to see you here again today. Really hope you hang in there w/us. It's a good little corner of this site.

Exotec ---- So nice to see new people here. I enjoyed reading your post and getting an understanding of where you're at. Haven't done fat fast myself, but some here have and may have words to add in. On the cream cheese I would say it that while it may be dull all on its own, it is great mixed up w/so many other things, and so many recipes out there as to how to do that. No time to suggest my faves tonight, but will in the future if you wish. IIRC, Dr. Atkins considered cream cheese almost the perfect food. Hope to see you back here often.

So today I had a salad for lunch at work, and tonight I'm having a fillet of salmon and a small side salad for dinner.

Tomorrow we take off for our 4th of July vacation, and my first time on vacation on my woe. I've done everything I can do to plan for this, and bringing my fave LC products/snacks along. But of course, the best laid plans can go astray. But I'm feeling very positive and motivated to stay on plan, AND allow a few treats.

I'll be checking in on my vacation, because I can, and because I think that discipline is good for me.

Happy long weekend to all.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #1183
Major LCF Poster!

Blue you are so right. PROTECT our losses at least. I sure agree with that. it is not a time to gain ANY back I lost it I sure don't want to see it go back on!!

you will do fine thru vacation. HAVE a wonderful trip and enjoy yourself. You will haev a blast!!!!

You talk great sense Blue. You keep me grounded and thanks tons for that
A stray or 2 is one thing. full blown fall off wagon is not allowed for any of us

I am not a noodle fan either. oh boy I wanted to love them. I ate some with broccoli and bit of alfredo sauce. thought I was going to gag out big time. the texture is horrifying to me. but I ate a ton of it one time and was so full. I truly wish I could handle them but I just can't.

YOU HAVE FUN and report back when ya get home.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:32 PM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! Just a quick check in as I'm trying to finish up packing for our trip tomorrow. Our hotel is supposed to have free wi-fi so I'll see if I can check in once or twice over the weekend.

For some reason I am up a couple of pounds to 237. Might be pre-menstrual bloat and/or starting the light strength training yesterday. Oh well. I know it's not fat. Just hope it comes off again soon. Will do my best to stay on plan this weekend. Might not be the healthiest eating but I'll stick to LC.

Blondfire, I have use glucc in cooking but not as a supplement. Ketosis alone keeps me fairly "unhungry" but I am sure the glucc wouldn't hurt in that regard either.

exotec! It's great your doctor started you on this WOE. Most are not so knowledgeable about low carb. I don't have diabetes but my DH does. His Type 2 diagnosis last November is what started us both on LC. I do have insulin resistance and PCOS though. I am basically trying to do "nutritional ketosis" - low carb, moderate protein, high fat. I don't have a blood ketone meter to really check, though, but I do keep my intake at the appropriate levels most of the time. I have been tracking my food for the past few weeks and I seem to be able to keep my macronutrients where I want them to be fairly easily.

Trigger, good to see you here! Sounds like a very good lunch and it also sounds like you have a very solid plan moving forward. I am still contemplating reducing my carbs even more, but my eating pattern is pretty fixed right now and I may be too lazy to change it!

Blue, have a great time on vacation! Have fun, and enjoy!
Old 07-05-2013, 06:36 AM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Misti

hope you have a fab vacation. check in and let us know how much fun you are having
Old 07-05-2013, 06:41 AM   #1186
Major LCF Poster!

doing ok but eating a bit too much carby stuff. I am having trouble getting dead set back onto my plan. not a good thing but it is ok cause I know I will get it done.

I am just floundering in this summer time situation of vacations and social events etc.
and hectic. when very hectic I find it hard to get into a good eating schedule.

but of course I am working on all this.

I lost a lb. of bloat which is nice seeing the scale one lb. down on my little gain.but I should have it all gone if I wasn't grazing thru the kitchen and jumping on a few chocolate cookies

well at least I recognize all this mess and have to get my butt in gear and work getting it all straightened out.

hope everyone is doing ok today!!!!
Old 07-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #1187
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger --- good news on the pound of bloat gone. You'll get back in the groove, I know you will. Like I said, for now/summer etc. it just may be good enough to maintain and not GAIN. 3, 4 pounds up, 3, 4 pounds down. Then whenever you're ready to really grab on again, you'll be where you were, instead of back up 20 or 30 pounds. Frankly, the idea of gaining back the almost 20 lbs I've lost scares me--- in a good way.

So we're at our lovely hotel on the edge of campus in Madison, Wis, my beautiful home town. We have a balcony, and I'm out here as I write this on a gorgeous summer day.

So far so good on the woe. We stopped for lunch on the way down here yesterday at a McDonalds. I had the bacon ranch quarter pounder/w/out a bun. It was horrible. The meat was dry, the bacon was soggy, and they forgot the ranch dressing on mine. Ate barely half of it and gave the rest to the dog. Blech. Haven't been to a Mcds in a long time and now I remember why. Give me my Hardees any day, where the burgers are 100% better, and THEY put your burger in a nice tight lettuce wrap instead of a bowl like McDs, which was hard to handle in the car. Enough about that.

Last night we went to a 4th of July dinner party at my life long pal's house. She has the most gorgeous garden, which she had lit up w/ tea candles in canning jars, and we ate at a long table right in front of the garden. I felt like I was in a magazine, LOL.

Had Pimento cheese dip w/celery, and curry hard boiled eggs for my choice of apps. Pimento cheese dip is a southern thing and is so darn buttery and good. There was a basket of sliced baguette to spread it on, but I didn't touch it, which was mondo gold stars for me. Dinner was pork tenderloin w/a cilantro, onion and lime spread on top. mmmmmmm. Also a vinegarette coleslaw, homade potato salad, (I skipped that) and corn bread---had a half slice w/butter and honey/lavender spread. Too good to even think about, and my only cheat the whole night. Dessert was an Italian olive oil cake w/whipped cream and berries. Skipped the cake and just had WC and berries, and not much of that either.

So other than that one half piece of cornbread, I had a very good first vacation day on my woe. Today I had a very light salad for lunch. Tonight the hubby and I are going to a cool little rooftop BBQ restaurant here, and I will have the pan fried catfish. So this should be another good day. Plus we walked a ton today. I'm starting to think I CAN vacation on this woe, enjoy myself, not feel deprived and have lots of fun w/out carbs.

I'm grateful to have our little club to check in with --- even on vacation. It is good for me, keeps me accountable. So I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 07-06-2013, 12:37 PM   #1188
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Still having a wonderful time. Went down to Madison's Farmer's market this morning which is one of the most beautiful in the country---spread out around the capitol square. Then down state street, which is filled w/so many fun shops and restaurants. Got some fun stuff, and it's really fun that what I liked fit me!

Last night I had pan fried catfish w/green beans and a salad. So I had a perfect LC day, no cheats. Just got back from our fave Greek restaurant on State Street where I had a greek salad w/gyros meat and Tzatzki sauce. Yum. Tonight we're going to a very good steak house w/friends for dinner, so staying on plan won't be a problem. Although, they are reputed to have the best homemade breads in town. I will have a piece. And that will be my only cheat today.

Still having a great time, still on plan w/minor exceptions. Feeling very good about it.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!

Well, here I am all by myself again. Everyone must be busy w/the holiday weekend. Like we are! This is the last night on our vacation. It's been SO great being "home" again, and enjoying this vibrant city on the lakes. So many great memories here and several great old pals. I really hate to leave.

I've hung in there on plan for the whole trip w/only 2 very small exceptions. A half piece of corn bread, and last night a very thin, small slice of the restaurant's warm home made bread. That's it. Had a fantastic walleye fillet in shallot and wine sauce and
green beans almondine, and a side salad. This is an old and famous steak house here and the food was so excellent. Went w/a couple who are old friends and just had the best darn time.

Today I had a seafood benedict for brunch at our hotel---which was poached eggs on a talapia cake with holandaise. Delishmo. Tonight we're off to a very cool roof top restaurant on top of the Madison Museum of art. Beautiful views of downtown. I'll have salmon and a salad, or maybe just small plate appetizers, of which they have several LC choices.

Oh, and best of all, NO SCALE for 4 days! I don't expect to have lost anything, although we did A LOT of walking, but I sure hope I haven't gained anything, because I've been very good---although more food than I usually eat, it was 98.% Low carb. I feel so good about staying on plan and still having a blast. We'll see if the scale will punish me just for having so much fun and not giving it a second thought.

Hope everyone is back next week, miss y'all.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Blue

Your vacation is sounding absolutely fantastic. AND you are doing so well. just a few exceptions and you know that won't hurt you at all.

more power to you!!!! I like you saying focus on the vacation fun and not the food part of it all. that is good sense.

No scale. Isn't it nice? I love it too when I am away from the house.

Me. I am staying put. up 1-2 and down 1-2. ugh. it is kinda making me crazy NOT really losing but the summer is just getting away from me in the terms of 'real weight loss'. I know I am losing time but then again I have ALOT of future time to lose I guess

I gotta be careful. sugar is calling my name. Never a bit sweet tooth but with less carbs I am noticing also I am graviting toward a bit of sweet here and there. Hmmm...gotta keep an eye on that.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:07 PM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I gotta be careful. sugar is calling my name. Never a bit sweet tooth but with less carbs I am noticing also I am graviting toward a bit of sweet here and there. Hmmm...gotta keep an eye on that.
Trigger---Same with me!!! Never had a sweet tooth, couple of desserts I love, but usually I'd skip dessert---having stuffed myself with dinner carbs. Never snacked on sweets, never had an appetite for them. For me it was all about salt and starchy carbs. My guilty pleasure was Cheetos---orange fingers and all.

But now that the old body isn't getting any starch to turn into sugar in minutes, it all of a sudden wants sweets. It's not bad, and it's still much easier for me to say no to sweets then say---BREAD, but it is noticeable. I'm thankful for my So Delicious ice cream, and dark chocolate bars, of which I need very little to satisfy the itch.

And I think summer is by far the hardest time to stick to the woe. Folks talk about the holidays, but at least they're over in a couple of weeks. Summer goes on and on with the bbqs and picnics and all manner of temptations! Hang in there girl, and enjoy your summer. You've lost so much weight and maybe this is your time to be on maintenance for awhile. I've read of many people who lose what they want to lose in two batches w/a period of maintenance inbetween.

Well, back home. I feel like our coach just turned into a pumpkin. It sure was a great little vacation. Now it's back to work, and back on budget, our wallets are bare. We have another couple of vacations coming up, one in just two weeks. So we're really going to have to suck it in for awhile here! We went a bit wild on this last one.

Had a shrimp/crab salad at the hotel before we left. And am having a JJ's Unwich for dinner, and that's it for today. I'm going to do my best to pull back on calories in the next two weeks too. As Trigger would say, I've got to "lock in some loss" before our next vacation.

Hope everyone is back in the saddle after the holiday weekend. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 07-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #1192
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone! I'm back. I had to have my iPod touch replaced at the Apple store at the Mall of America so I was without internet for a couple of days. I feel like I stayed on plan except for Saturday, when I had Hooters wings for lunch but also had about 6-7 fried dill pickle slices and a breaded fried mozzarella cheese stick. Then that night for supper I had chicken fajitas (no rice, no beans, no tortillas) but I did have about 5 tortillas chips with salsa. Yesterday the scale was not pretty but this morning I was up about 2 pounds from my pre-trip weight. I actually lost a pound during the day today, so I am now up about a pound from my pre-trip weight. Not too bad, but I am still 4 lbs. higher than my low weight from early last week. I just hope it come off again quickly.

On the plus side, I did exercise on Saturday morning on the treadmill at the hotel. Yea for me. Need to do so again tonight though I don't really want to!

Blue - sounds like you did very well on your trip. Funny thing, we had McDonalds too, yesterday at lunch. I got the double quarter pounder with cheese and didn't eat the bun. It was fine, less salty than usual. Now I'm glad I didn't try any of the new sandwiches.

Trigger - hope you can find some low carb sweets to satisfy your craving. Real sugar is not worth it!
Old 07-08-2013, 05:16 PM   #1193
Major LCF Poster!

Misti you are doing great!! that vacation sodium will drop quickly if you eat clean.
Once after vacation I was up 6b lbs and lost it in 1 1/2 days

I know Blue!!! If it isn't one thing it is another. I never eat donuts. never. hubby is the donut person and he inhales them. I could have a dozen in front of me and never wanted them. NOW I COULD eat 2-3 without thinking. WHAT is up with that? Another disfunction of ME! switching over to sweets now ??? LOL UGH. at least I am noticing it and will have to find a good way to handle this situation.

I am the same. getting nowhere down the scale but holding. which is ok. I realize summer is LONG like Blue said. I know the day kiddo hit school my big walk with the dog is back in play. It is on a fairly busy road and I just can't take kid with me. traffic is adults only My mind is Aug. 26 and the HARDCORE losing will come back into play.

I feel I shouldn't think like that. Aug is losing time. But I don't know how else to get thru this withoutu going bonkers I am not losing? All I can do is work it out and slowly wait til it hits and even keel and I can move forward.

hang in their guys!!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:54 AM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

OK---I thought I LOST it but now it is back.

the dreaded menapause. when my doc did work up on me she said I was 'just starting' into it and my numbers were good. So I had on and off hot flashes, cold chills and general all around miserable stuff,

I went LC. It went away. But was it because of lc? I doubt it. I think it was more about timing in general on hormone numbers LOL

I am having hot flahes and major brain fuzz to the max. and irritable big time and have to catch myself wanting to kill people at this point

It is back and hard now after about a year of 'tiny' symptoms. it is hardcore hot flashes. AC doesn't help and my eating is reflecting this also.

ugh. time for a dr. visit to see if I can help this situation. I tell ya I KNOW PEOPLE can live better than this junky way of surviving, at least I hope ?????

today is ok. haven't eaten. not hungry. amost 1pm and no thought of food. and some days I am ravenous and have to watch myself big time.

oh well just ranting a bit.

it has to be something all the time right?
Old 07-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry you're feeling crappy Trigger. I am not looking forward to menopause. I don't know if being cold all the time like I am now or being hot would be worse. I imagine hot is worse. I think I'm in peri-menopause now (I'm 43). My periods are all wonky, and I may even have to buy a pregnancy test just to be sure. But I told my DH that I am 99.99% sure I am no longer fertile at all at this point (not that I ever was very fertile!) The challenges of being a woman....
Old 07-09-2013, 10:18 AM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

Misti---Sounds like you did well on your vacation, and one off plan adventure doesn't wipe out all the other times you said no. Those 2 pounds up will evaporate in a couple days of clean eating. And lots of water. Don't know about you, but the one thing I didn't do as well as I'd have liked to during my vacation was drinking water. Here at home I just keep a big glass of water next to my computer while I work, and refill it the minute it's empty. On vacation it was harder, and I didn't drink as much as I needed. One night my feet were swollen up because of something very salty I ate and I had not compensated with enough water.

Trigger---Oh, the menopause thing. I'm older than you and mine went on forever, in fact, I still get a hot flash early in almost every morning. But in general it does eventually fade and get better. And for me too, my symptoms were cyclical, and on a schedule I couldn't predict. I'd think I was all but done with it, and then it would be there again, loud and proud.

I didn't want to take any hormone replacement stuff, so I've just bulled it through. And besides the sweats, irritability and other icky symptoms, skin dries and hair thins. Turns out those hormones that are drying up were pretty useful in lots of ways. Oh well, nothing to be done about it, except not let it have it's way with you as much as possible. It's another head game, right?

Oh, and btw, I consider a good rant a very important part of that head game.

Well gals, It's my birthday today! Thankfully, I have no work things scheduled, so the day is mine. I'm tidying the house at my own pace, and that actually feels great, as it sure needs it and we have friends coming for dinner.

I've had a cup of BPC and I'm hoping that holds me, but for maybe a very small snack, for the day. Saving calories for tonight. Hubby is making cold cucumber soup, and crab legs, and I'll make my fave salad. Neighbors are coming with apps, and there'll be a rhubarb pie for dessert. Which I may or may not indulge in.

Back on the scale today for the first time since I got home. Up less than a half pound, nothing to worry about. So I didn't lose, and I didn't gain. And that's good for vacation. Still, I've been on the longest stall since I started this woe in February. A loss sure would be appreciated one of these days.

But I'm determine not to let it get me down. The weight I've already lost is a very good thing, and on this birthday I feel fortunate to be on this journey.
I remember last year, when I was a lot tubbier, and how much I dreaded putting on my bathing suit on vacation. And I LOVE to swim. Still not looking like any bathing beauty this year, but it's a lot better, and I'm thankful for it.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #1197
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Birthday, Blue Skies!

Sounds like you have a wondeful evening planned. Enjoy your day!

Old 07-09-2013, 11:47 AM   #1198
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
Start Date: 1/1/14
I am Back. Wow, I am tired. LOL I have had company for over a week and it was fun, but way to much work. Okay, I must confess, I did go off plan and gained back 5 pounds.YUCK !!! I did get up this morning with a good attitude and cleaned out the house of all the goodies. I am now making some good Low Carb replacements.Wish me luck.
Blue Skies, Happy Birthday !!! Hope it is a fun one !!!
Hope everyone has a great day !!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:24 AM   #1199
Major LCF Poster!

Misti you never know. I had my only daughter at age 43

the hot flashes isn't just 'hot'. they are intense heat flushes from the core of your body. it is strange big time LOL not fun in the least. then the sudden snap to bone cold chill. reason they drive ya nuts are they are very very extreme. I can handle normal hot and cold, but these take the cake
Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 AM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLUE! nothing like getting a year older, but we ARE getting better right

yea blue I know I won't be taking replacement stuff either because I don't like things like that and it isn't THAT severe now so I can handle it. If anything gets worse (which I doubt) then I might consider popping some pills. but I am a pill avoiding person most times

congrats on feeling more comfortable in the bathing suit. Literally for me this is a biggie to lose some lbs. I also am a water baby. water all the time. beach and pool and lake and boating, etc. bathing suits are my normal outfit and at some point ya gotta feel good in them if you want to continue enjoying water activities. I know what you mean.
Closed Thread