Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Styner ---Good to see you, missed you. Yeah that working for a living thing does get old. I'm sure you know that it is quite common for weight loss to slow down on a LC woe, once past the beginning month or so. So just keep on keepin' on and DO DO DO, pay attention to how those clothes feel. That has always been more accurate for me than the scale.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #1142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Misti --whoa, that is scary. anything kid related and sickness worries me to death.

I asked before on the main board about giving my daughter the atkins bars. Almost all the responses were 'don't give that fake sweetner to a kid, they probably can't handle it.' I made her stop eating atkins bars She gets good old sugar stuff but it is just more limited (her and I are working on 'control and portion sizes' when it comes to sweets). she is learning

Glad he is ok and he can get over that kinda fast.

Stynger---I dropped a size when I thought I never would. when I stalled a bit. but those inches kept dropping and wham, one day I tried on the smaller size and I was it in, yet the scale wasn't moving much at all. believe me, you are doing good things for your body. You stay strong!!!

Blue---'lock in the loss' is important for me only because I can lose 2-3 lbs and gain them back very easily but if I lock it in, get a bit lower than the 2-3 lbs lost, and then gain back a bit, I gain to the lower number. that makes me happy. As long as the lowest scale number then becomes the bit of a gain number, I know I am still heading down. Complicated.....yes HAHA but I sure use that stupid scale to help me thru all this.

I think my higher eating days of UP TO 60-70 nc has to be lowered. my gut gets the more carby bloat I am noticing. I will drop to UP to 50 per day max now also. I think in the 30-50 range will be it for me also.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger --- I totally get your "lock it in" thinking. Makes a lot of sense to me. And you know, life is pretty good at 50 carbs and under a day. As I said, I started there and backed it down to an average of 30, because that's very doable for me now, the great majority of the time---as long as I know I can have a treat dinner now and then. And btw, forgot to add the lamb patties to my carb count from last night, which shot me up to 56 grams. No biggie, but the first time I've been over 50 since my anniversary, two and a half months ago. But there have been treats just not big ones. When I get to goal, we'll see what I can handle. As it is, my weight loss is pretty slow, so I don't have a ton of leeway. I bet you can do the same thing you've been doing, alternating higher and lower carb days, bit keeping the lid at 50 except for super duper special times.

I've had a nice low carb and calorie day, and I sure got in my exercise. I took my mom shopping for some things she needed. She zoomed all over Macy's w/her walker and managed to tire ME out. She's pretty frisky at 86, but I have to keep my eye on her because her balance is bad if she lets even one hand go off that walker.

We had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays and I just have to rant for a minute. Love my mom, but we see the world differently in many ways. She was a real babe in her youth, and is still very weight conscious. So she took the opportunity to tell me tonight that I needed to employ more discipline due to the amt of ranch dressing I had on my side salad. GRRRRRRRRRRRR. I've tried to explain the low carb thing to her, but she doesn't get it, and doesn't hear what she doesn't want to. I kept it from derailing our dinner, but it took pulling up my super good daughter pants to do it. Just home, and I am totally tired out from the whole thing.

BTW, had the talapita w/sauteed shrimp and cream sauce for just 2 grams of carbs, 365 calories, then green beans and that infamous side salad. The only other thing I had today was BPC. So regardless of what my mother thinks, I had a very good day on my woe.

Thanks for listening, and over and out.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi All, Hope everyone had a great weekend.Mine was mostly okay.Had car problems on Saturday about 50 miles from home. Made it home and found out it was just minor problem, thank goodness.I did keep on plan for the most part.Just derailed a bit on a couple of meals.No biggie.Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 06-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

Good day here. A JJ's Italian nightclub Unwich for lunch. AND, lucky me, Lobster for dinner. Hubby got a great deal months ago on small lobster tails and froze them. We kept saving them for a special occasion. But then this morning hubby said he was tired of looking at them in our downstairs freezer, and needed to make room for our latest grass fed cow parts. To which I replied, then let's make tonight a special occasion. So we did. And it was.

That's all I had. Lobster. Dipped in bowls of garlic butter. They were not big, but they were fantastic. It will be awhile before I am so blessed again. I am a happy low carb girl.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:19 AM   #1146
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded, car troubles stink. Worst is if it is a real problem it can cost such big bucks. glad it was minor!! Hang in there. Everyone gets derailed a bit on meals. Key always will be never let it stop you and get right back on track.

Blue---your mom sounds like mine mom is 85 and she is just starting to get a bit wobbley also. she is on no meds and moves faster than me most of the time. Dad is 84 and still works. All I can do is hope the genes are in my favor for the future HAHA
When I add butter and cheese to most things my mom gives me a look. Hmmm. You can eat that? that much? yes, mom I can lol but as much as I get the looks, the weight is still slowly coming off so she can't get me on the diet LOL she backs me but still says time and time again, be careful of that butter, dressings and fat. I just listen

Macys. I love that store. I can't wait til thinner and I go and buy new things. Macys have the best sales and great clothes. I have a blast there!

well I am going to concentrate on fresh, healthy foods. ate the last of my atkins bars I had in the cabinet. will buy no more of them. I sure noticed I have SO MUCH less junk in my cart while shopping. Used to be boxes and cans of food, now it is fresh stuff and meats. It is so interesting to shop fresh. I see others carts with frozen pizzas and the likes and think, I used to eat that. Not any more

hang in there everyone. we can work this all to our advantage and come up with wonderful ways to eat thru life and hit goal!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

Blue---your mom sounds like mine
When I add butter and cheese to most things my mom gives me a look. Hmmm. You can eat that? that much? yes, mom I can lol but as much as I get the looks, the weight is still slowly coming off so she can't get me on the diet LOL she backs me but still says time and time again, be careful of that butter, dressings and fat. I just listen

I see others carts with frozen pizzas and the likes and think, I used to eat that. Not any more
Trigger --- thanks for making me feel less alone in the "mother" category. don't care so much what she thinks of my LC woe, after all, we all have seen many lift a cocked eyebrow to those of us who don't worry about fat. But for me, this is just one more thing my mom and I don't see the same way, on top of many others. And it is challenging. Oh well, I love her anyway and it is what is,

On the grocery store cart thing, omg, love you brought that up, as I have an odd predilection for eyeing others' grocery carts. If it's a good day, I think, geez, could you get any more crap in that cart? And if it's a bad day, I think, could we switch carts?

Had a Hardees LC breakfast bowl for lunch/breakfast today. And only half of it, because that's all I wanted. Had a cheeseburger on a SL. low carb bun for dinner. That's all today. Still enjoying my lack of appetite right now, and/or interest in food. Too many other things going on, no time to be bored---which is always the time I feel that mind hunger.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Blue---my mom has said over and over there is no way she ate like us as kids.

they had severe portion control and fresh foods.

tomatoes, cukes and whatever fresh veg from the garden and slice of bread for dinner. yup, sometimes that was it. they ate good --according to the times some people had nothing.

She talked about homemade ice cream....then later she said---oh that was 2 times per year we made that. WHAT? 2 times a year LOL wow we have ice cream at our fingertips every second.

I can easily see how the older generation can wonder about our eating. cheese was not abundant to the level of 'put it on everything'.

the minute factories made food in cans/boxes/fast food and cheap food all heck broke loose. mom says by then her eating pattern was in place. she didn't succumb.

our generations are in trouble for sure
now we have to backtrack to fresh food and limit it.

life is crazy

yea cart watching in the grocery store happens to me all the time. on bad days I could also switch carts with many people
Old 06-26-2013, 10:30 AM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger what your Mom said is so true !!! I remember being a kid back in the 60`s and 70`s.We had a BIG garden every summer.We ALL worked in it and then we canned and froze the veggies.We had them all winter and were happy to have it. We were not rich and what Mom fixed, we ate and never even thought to NOT like something. I was NEVER overweight in my younger years up until my 30`s.Then I was working so much I started living off of fast,boxed and quick fix foods.That was my downfall. No time to exercise helped,too. IF I only knew then what I know now. I would have never become fat. Oh well.

My rant for the day. LOL. Hope everyone has a great day. Stay on plan and drink your water. I am.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hi everyone!

My mom was talking the other day about soda, how it was huge treat when they were kids and they had it maybe once or twice a year at birthday parties. Now it is way too easily accessible. I was having almost one a day a couple months ago but now I've cut back to 1 or 2 a week. Also, I live half way across the country from my mom, so she doesn't see how I eat except for a couple of weeks a year. I am already mentally prepping for my trip there in August. I am going to order some food to send there ahead of time and buy the rest when I get there.

Finally back down to a new low of 236.6. Hopefully that sticks. I have been doing my walking as promised to my health coach, need to walk 30-40 minutes tonight still. Have also bought a set of hand weights (2 each of 2, 3 and 5 lbs.) so I am ready to use them next week after my health coach appointment.

I've also been looking a bit into "zero carb" - essentially it is eating all animal products, nothing from plants. Kind of like a meat and egg fast but even more strict I think. Don't think I will do that at this point, but it has made me feel less guilty when I don't feel like eating any vegetables!
Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 PM   #1151
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger and Jaded---I agree w/both of you! And I'm pretty sure I'm older than both of you. I grew up in the fifties and sixties. Packaged goods were very rare in our house. Every dinner was for the most part, meat, veg, potato. And all were whole foods. We had our treats---popcorn, candy bars now and then that my mom always tried to hide, but we always found And we had ice cream, but that was mostly a summer treat, w/fresh berries on top.

And get this---I REMEMBER when the first McDonalds came to our town. I was probably 6 or 7. Hamburgers were 10 cents! Cheese burgers were 15 cents. My mom and her friend took us kids to it a couple of weeks after it opened, and we all LOVED it. Little did we know that was the only the beginning of "fast food" in every category.

I'm tall, and NEVER had a weight problem till after child birth, and then it was a matter of 10 pounds, instead of 50. Menopause is not your friend in this respect. But that's not the whole of it. Fact is, it's so easy to fall into "fast food" of EVERY kind, and almost all of it is sugar and carb loaded.

On that note, some fast food is good. Glory be, a Buffalo Wild Wings just opened 7 blocks from our house. Tonight dinner is their dry rub wings, the lowest in carbs. A couple to choose from. They're sitting on the kitchen counter ready to eat, along w/ranch and blue cheese dip.

My hubby is a very good cook, but life isn't like it was when I was growing up. We are both too busy every day to fresh cook a meal. But he does that often enough. On nights when it can't happen, good to have some fast alternatives that fit my woe.

Had a salmon salad out for lunch w/colleagues. It's going to be another good day on my woe. More and more I see how this can work for me over the long
haul, and that's a very good thing.
Old 06-26-2013, 04:50 PM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Hi everyone!

My mom was talking the other day about soda, how it was huge treat when they were kids and they had it maybe once or twice a year at birthday parties. Now it is way too easily accessible. I was having almost one a day a couple months ago but now I've cut back to 1 or 2 a week. Also, I live half way across the country from my mom, so she doesn't see how I eat except for a couple of weeks a year. I am already mentally prepping for my trip there in August. I am going to order some food to send there ahead of time and buy the rest when I get there.

Finally back down to a new low of 236.6. Hopefully that sticks. I have been doing my walking as promised to my health coach, need to walk 30-40 minutes tonight still. Have also bought a set of hand weights (2 each of 2, 3 and 5 lbs.) so I am ready to use them next week after my health coach appointment.

sI've also been looking a bit into "zero carb" - essentially it is eating all animal products, nothing from plants. Kind of like a meat and egg fast but even more strict I think. Don't think I will do that at this point, but it has made me feel less guilty when I don't feel like eating any vegetables!
Misti---I'm so impressed w/your walking thing. Not doing it yet myself, but feeling inspired by you.

And, imo, you made the PERFECT choice of beginning weights. 2,3 and 5 lbs. You'll find you're using the 5 lb weights in no time at all. But it is so good to build up. Let it be easier at first, for confidence, and THEN let us build up. Your body will surprise you w/its capacity to do that in a relatively short time.

LOVE your new low. You go girl!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:42 AM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---you are not kidding with this statement. if I only knew then what I know now.
I absolutely wish I never depended on fast canned/frozen items for meals. Once we get so busy, we shortcut meals. People just do it. I sure did. Lunch I would leave work and get fast food. Instead of having 15 extra minutes in the morning or the night before just stick a huge salad in tupperware and of course i would never drive to buy a salad and bring it back to work. It was always the heavy burger and fries LOL

Misti---that exercise routine you are getting into it is great! That is something I have to move forward into. I am busy outside doing things, bike a bit etc. but I do need some good exercise on a regular basis. I gotta get my butt in gear

I sure agree about soda. what a waste. I also remember as a kid waiting to hear that ice cream truck come thru the neighborhood. MOM!! I need a dollar! Fast! oh yea...it was delish.

Blue--you might have me beat by a little. I am 51. I didn't see a McDonalds in our area for a while. but when those fast food places came, whammo, we hit them hard. My parents to this day might have had a total of 5 burgers from fast foods. they never ate at them. Mom would get some burgers for us, but her and Dad would eat a real meal she cooked. I remember our treat was going to the local diner. I miss those little family diners. They are gone around my area. all fast foods. AND a new MCDs is being built about 3 miles from the other McDs they just remodeled. they are slam full constantly. cars out into the road lining up for food. Just shows, fast foods are not slowing down at all.
Old 06-27-2013, 05:46 AM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

oh---Misti. I do the meat and eggs plan for 2 days. I drop great weight. Usually about 3 lbs each time I do it. There is a 'meat and eggs' thread running on the board.
Key for me is after the 2 days of meat and eggs, I must eat very careful for another 2 days to lock in the loss. So it is 4 days of just being strict for me and I can move that scale.

In fact, a 2 day meat and egg is a great idea for me. I am starting today because I have 2 free days here where nothing is planned. I leave tomorrow evening for a fast camping trip to the mountains for 3 days. When we get there, I can easily do burgers on the grill and just stay on the plan.

COOL you got me started girl to lose a few lbs LOL
Old 06-27-2013, 08:45 AM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY DANCE FOR MISTI !!!!!! Good for you !!! The walking IS paying off !!! I am Happy for you !!!
Ladies, I will soon be 51. I too can remember the first Mcdonalds,Pizza hut,Buger King,etc. that we got in our town. What a treat !!! My Mom LOVED to bake. We allways had cookies and she would make a cake or pie for Sunday dinner.I guess a southern thing?? I never liked sweets that much. I liked junk food. When we got to go to the grocery store with her she would let us each get one thing. My sister`s would get candy bars. I would get a can of Vienna Sausages. LOL. Sometimes potato chips. LOL. Cokes were a treat.We would get one maybe once a week. We drank water.My Mom raised us up drinking water.Of course Milk,too. That was our main drink`s.I will admit, she did make me get a good habit of drinking water.I still love it.
Just wanted to tell you all I will be gone quite a bit this weekend and next week.With it being a holiday and my husband`s Birthday coming up I will be very busy. I am going to try and stay on plan as best I can.I will be getting some exercise cleaning up and doing some things I don`t normally do. Hope it helps.

Hope you all have a wonderful holiday and good luck staying on plan !!!! Have a great day, my friends.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great time Jaded! Happy bday to your hubby. I am going away next week too, but just for a long 4th of July weekend (4 days). Will be up in Blue Skies neck of the woods. Should be able to stick on plan, we are planning to bring our usual breakfast foods and just eat out for lunch and supper.

Trigger - I might give meat and egg a whirl myself after we get back from the 4th of July trip. I am pretty addicted to my Atkins shakes for breakfast, though, but I guess I could give them up for a few days. Can't be forever because I have like MONTHS worth already purchased on sale! Let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the encouragement Blue! How was your Buffalo Wild Wings? We are going there almost every week at this point, there are two convienent locations in my area!
Old 06-27-2013, 04:55 PM   #1157
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
I never liked sweets that much. I liked junk food. When we got to go to the grocery store with her she would let us each get one thing. My sister`s would get candy bars. I would get a can of Vienna Sausages. LOL. Sometimes potato chips..
Jaded---that's me too! And still is. I've always gone for the salt and starch. French fries, potato chips, and omg, cheetos! To this day I cannot eat more than a small scoop of ice cream, and have little to no interest in candy. There ARE some desserts I love, like hubby's Key Lime Pie, and his rhubarb pies and crisps. And my fave of all---creme brûlée. I could eat that by the bucket full. Thankfully you can't buy it at the grocery store, and it's not something you can make easily, or purchase through a drive through. But it is always my go to dessert on a treat night out.

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement Blue! How was your Buffalo Wild Wings? We are going there almost every week at this point, there are two convienent locations in my area!
They were great! Although I must say, my hubby's chicken wings are the best ever---very seasoned and crispy, not saucy. But not as easy of course. I will say you have to watch which "flavor" you're ordering. Some of them are drenched in sauces that have a pretty darn high carb count, luckily these are too goopy for me anyway. I stick to the dry rubs, and I really like the Lemmon pepper. Delish w/Blue cheese or ranch dip. It's great to have this so close now, another good low carb fast option is so appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I remember our treat was going to the local diner. I miss those little family diners. They are gone around my area. all fast foods. AND a new MCDs is being built about 3 miles from the other McDs they just remodeled. they are slam full constantly. cars out into the road lining up for food. Just shows, fast foods are not slowing down at all.
Trigger---I'm so w/you on the good diners. Thankfully, we live in the city and there are still those around. Best for breakfast on a LC woe. Steak and eggs at a good diner is a wonderful thing! Good luck w/your meat and egg thing. So impressed by how many ways you know to do this and what works for you.

Stynger---I know you're busy, but hoping you're still on your woe, and will be back w/us soon.

Well gals, I continue to be in a BIG stall. Not listing pounds either way, till I'm sure they're gone, just bums me out to come back and say back up.

BUT, my clothes are telling a different story. I bought this fantastic skirt for work on line, and got it a couple of weeks ago. It was just a bit too tight, but I loved it and decided to keep it as an investment in my belief IT WILL FIT, soon. Tried it on again last night, and it fit SO much better. Also---and this is kind of silly, but still, I had bought this bracelet a couple of months ago that was tight, but wearable. Now it's starting to hang much more on my wrist. AND, my shoes are fitting better. It's weird where we're losing fat in the thinnest layers that we can't see with our eye, and that the scale won't tell us about.

So I'm still ALL IN!!!!!!! And I can't say enough how helpful it is to come here every day, and meet up w/y'all. You guys are a fun group---LOVED our conversations about how we ate when we were growing up, and how much things have changed. I just really depend on our little corner of this site---helps keep me going. Not only because it's good accountability, but because I really enjoy hearing about how y'all are doing and what's up in your lives.

Today I had a hardees lettuce wrap burger for lunch, and am about to have a
bacon, lettuce, tomato and hard boiled egg salad for dinner, w/my homemade french dressing. I seem to never get tired of this.

Onward on the LESS of all of us path---in the best way of course.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:20 PM   #1158
Major LCF Poster!

OK guys we all got things happening for the holiday time here.

we all have to stay on track best we can. I plan on 'being good' but will be a 'little bit naughty' also never going off the deep end tho.

I did day 1 of meat and eggs.

my food was 2 oz sausage patty, 2 center cut pork chops for lunch (I defrosted them earlier and cooked 2 and hubby got 2 for his dinner tonight---pork is not something I would normally do on a meat and eggs plan tho----2 small chicken thighs with no skin.
(I took off the skin because I just wasn't hungry but decided ot eat 2 small thighs I cooked earlier in the day as 'in case food'. this way it is almost 9:30 I am not hungry at all and doing well.

tomorrow is travel day. leave for 3 days to the mountains. be back monday some time.
breakfast will be here with 2 eggs and 4 bacon the rest is kinda up for grabs. I will stay AS CLOSE to meat and eggs as I can for this 3 days. shouldn't be hard. this is a quiet little trip so I think I can do well on food.

everyone have a great weekend! And it is SO MUCH FUN chatting wtih everyone! WE ROCK!
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great trip Trigger!

Blue - sorry you are in a weight stall but it certainly sounds like you are losing! I love your attitude, and I'm glad you are so committed to this WOE. I have no interest in going back to the way things were, I know I have to eat LC for life.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

Probably going to be quiet around here for a few days. But I'll just keep checking in.

Today I had a hot dog on a Sara Lee Lite and delicious bun, for 8 grams. I added just a small bit of pickle relish, tomatoes, onions, mustard and celery salt for as close as you can get to a LC Chicago hot dog. SO tasty. If I'd had whole pickle spears, I'd have added in one or two of them instead of the relish. Which I've done before and is also so good.

Tonight it's Buffalo Wild Wings again. LOL, they just opened 7 blocks from our house and we're going to wear them out in no time at all. I stick to the dry rubs---the buffalo and Lemmon Pepper are very good. As I said in a post above, some chicken wings here are far from low carb, because of their sauces.

So that will be it for me today, two yummy LC meals. And I'm off to enjoy those chicken wings w/hubby, in front of some good Friday night TV. We have a great movie all lined up. God, I love Friday nights!
Old 06-28-2013, 07:21 PM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Blue! We had BWW last night. I got the salt & vinegar rub and mild buffalo sauce. I got 12 total but could only eat 6. They were huge last night. Usually I eat 7 or 8. Will have the rest for lunch tomorrow. I have some leftover homemade blue cheese dip so I hope that is still good.

We have some Sara Lee hot dog buns on the counter but I leave them for my son. Your hot dog sounds really good though. We do have pickles and even sugar-free relish. I think my splurge tomorrow though will be a LC english muffin and some SF strawberry jam (made with chia seeds), both recipes posted in the recipe forum this week.

I'll be around this weekend so will be checking in. Hope everyone out there, posting or not, has a great weekend.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #1162
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Misti---well, I DID have 12 wings last night! I came to it pretty hungry. I want to try the Salt and vinegar wings too. I'm LOVING the lemon pepper, which I think is a bit new there.

Lemon pepper, buffalo and salt/vinegar dry rubs are 2 grams of carbs a wing so that was 26 carbs of wings last night, which is just fine as that's all I had for dinner and lunch was just 10 grams.

Misti, you seem to be doing some nice LC backing/cooking. I was doing a lot more of that when I started, but have gotten lazy w/it lately. The good news is I have found enough LC faves that I'm not so itching for new faves right now. Although I really want to try some of those cream cheese puffs soon---would love to serve them w/some fresh berries for dessert. Do you have a favorite recipe for these?

And guess what's for lunch? I'll have 6 of the leftover wings and that will be it till tonight, when we go to a friend's chili party house warming for her son's first apartment. I'll have just a bit of chili, and fill up on cheese and meat appetizers I know she will have.

So that's my eating plan for the day. Going through clothes today, been doing this little by little for weeks. I tend to hang on to too many things. I've been
in a more brutal mood lately --- "out with you!" And that's good. I don't wear
most of this stuff and it's just taking up space. But it IS fun to run across that thing you loved and were saving till it fits again, and voila! It does.

Hope the weekend treats everyone well on woe, and in fun and relaxation, whichever everyone needs more of.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

The cooking I've been doing is very minimal! The ones I made today were quick microwave or fridge recipes.

2 g carbs/wing for traditional wings sounds very high for the rubs you are eating. The tracker I am using says 0 g carbs/wing for the salt & vinegar and mild wings that I had. I guess I will need to email BWW and ask for a PDF of their current nutrition facts.

Went to a movie today and had maybe a handful of my son's popcorn. Still stayed under 20 net carbs for the day. Walked 40 minutes on the treadmill this morning, then went to a movie. Pretty good day overall.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:46 PM   #1164
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, I got the nutrition info from BWW in like 15 minutes! Wow. Unfortunately it isn't highly useful, because the counts for the wings are all listed for "average sauce". But it does list all the rubs at 2 g carb per teaspoon. The mild, hot, parmesean garlic and blazin' sauces all have 2 g carbs per ounce. So personally I would estimate 1 g carb per wing from these sauces or any of the rubs. The wings themselves shouldn't have any carbs. A little more disappointing is there are 2.5 g trans fat in 6 traditional wings (5 g in 12 wings). I really try to avoid trans fat, didn't realize I have been consuming that much of it.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:45 PM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ok, I got the nutrition info from BWW in like 15 minutes! Wow. Unfortunately it isn't highly useful, because the counts for the wings are all listed for "average sauce". But it does list all the rubs at 2 g carb per teaspoon. The mild, hot, parmesean garlic and blazin' sauces all have 2 g carbs per ounce. So personally I would estimate 1 g carb per wing from these sauces or any of the rubs. The wings themselves shouldn't have any carbs. A little more disappointing is there are 2.5 g trans fat in 6 traditional wings (5 g in 12 wings). I really try to avoid trans fat, didn't realize I have been consuming that much of it.
hmmmm. This is confusing. Chicken wings themselves have NO trans fat, which would mean any trans fat is coming from the sauces OR, more likely what they're cooked in. So is it possible Misti, that BWW cooks their wings in hydrogenated oil? Can't believe they'd risk the PR disaster in this. Googled it and most seem to think they cook their wings in Canola or peanut oil---both of which are free of trans fat, UNLESS hydrogenated for stability.

Also, their nutritional info lists even the dry rubs as 2 grams of carbs each. Although as you know, the sizes of each wing, drumstick, can vary wildly, so this may be their best effort to average.

So this is something to think about. I may write to the chain and see what kind of answer I can get on the trans fat.

Tonight was a larger feast than I expected, but thankfully, many low carb choices---roast beef and cream cheese roll ups w/horse radish sauce, deviled eggs, lots of good cheeses, and dips and pork rinds. This party was hosted by a pal of mine who is a low carb gal, so nice to have friends like that. There were also lots of potato chips and corn chips, crackers and pretzels, but you know, they didn't even look good to me tonight.

Then there was chili, and I had a small bowl. My only real mess up was dessert, which was home made rhubarb strawberry pie w/ice cream, brought by another guest. I was chatting w/a neighbor and someone handed me a plate, nice big piece w/a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. And I thought, well this is it, I'm going to have it, damn the torpedoes. I had a quarter of it, at most, and passed it on to another neighbor. I enjoyed every bite I had, but by about the 3rd or 4th bite I was saying to myself---this IS good, but is it worth it? Then the answer became no, and I passed it on.

So it's all good. Not a perfect day on the woe, but darn good enough. Summer is fraught w/so many get togethers and temptations. I'm happy to have done as well as I did.
Old 06-30-2013, 03:43 AM   #1166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
Hi all Won't bore you all with the details, just been really sick with a horrible sinus infection for over a week now. I've never been this sick, that's all I need to say
I ate off plan for the past two days, so I'll be getting back on the wagon stat! Lots of reading to do here to catch up!
I hope everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 06-30-2013, 01:04 PM   #1167
Major LCF Poster!

Stynger---So sorry you've been ill. Sinus infections are no fun. Hoping you're on the mend and looking forward to having you back w/us every day. We miss you.

Misti --- to another pound and a half gone AND on your walking! You are doing so well. And I can feel your energy and enthusiasm for your stepped up game in your recent posts. I'm telling you, this kind of persistence mixed with a good splash of patience, wins every time. And you are winning!

Well, tonight it's my family's summer birthday parties get together. We have a lot of summer birthdays, so we toss 'em all together and have one big party. 5 birthdays being celebrated tonight.

It's always a fun night, but ayi yi yi, another temptation gauntlet! I know there'll be some kind of green salad and meat, and usually shrimp for appetizers, so there will be good choices. And of course there'll be some fabulous breads, potato salads, desserts and other no nos.

Having the last of our left over chicken wings for lunch - 5 of them. We got way too many the other night as we thought our son and friends would be over. (BTW, misti---don't know how you reheat yours, but I do ours in the toaster oven on bake for 15 minutes and they come out even BETTER and crispier than when we bought them---not worrying about the trans fat for today, LOL) And that's it till tonight.

Feeling pretty strong on my woe today, but I was yesterday too, until that strawberry rhubarb pie ambushed me. We'll see how it goes tonight.
They always talk about the holidays as the biggest food trap. For my money, no ma'm, it's summer! It goes on a lot longer, and is full of barbecues, picnics, family get togethers, neighborhood parties and vacations---and I've got three of those coming up, more on that as it gets closer to departure day ---July 4th.

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday.
Old 06-30-2013, 09:45 PM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

So I'm home late, from the family multi-birthday party. I'm checking in to say, to myself as well as to y'all, that I did well. Had no appetizers, although there were good choices to be made. Just found it easy to say no to them tonight. Dinner was pork tenderloin, caramelized brussels sprouts, a great salad, and buttered carrot balls! Have any of you every seen these? I had not. They were so tender and delicious. Skipped the Spaetzle.

Then for dessert, I had 2 bites of the creme brûlée tart, and 2 bites of the flour-less chocolate cake. Exactly. They were both made for the birthday people, of which I was one, and "LC my way" means enjoying a couple bites of "birthday cake." And realizing that's ok, and that's the way it has to be for me to stick to this.

Also, regarding dinner, I had reasonable portions, and didn't have seconds on anything. I was ALWAYS a gal who loved her seconds. I almost never do that anymore. Another notch on the NSV belt!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #1169
Major LCF Poster!

OMG, it's my third post in a row here. Someone come break my string!

Today I'm doing a mini fast. Had BPC for breakfast, and it has held me all day. It doesn't always work like that, but today it has. Still not really hungry, but I will have dinner---One brat on a Sara Lee LC hotdog bun, w/tomatoes, onions pickles, mustard and celery salt---my new fave. Then probably a second brat, no bun, and a hard boiled egg. For dessert, a small scoop of So Delicious mint chip ice cream w/a sprinkle of coconut crisps. I should come in at about 15 carbs for the day and about 1200 calories.

I'm trying to eat super clean and light for the next three days, because on Thursday we leave for my hometown for 4 days---my first vacation on my woe.

Misti---I know we're both facing the same challenge over the upcoming holiday weekend. As you head into my neck of the woods, I head out, but
I'll be sending you good vacation woe vibes.

I have been planning for this. I have a box of LC products packed and ready to go. I will have a cup of BPC every morning to keep my hunger at bay. And I have LC snacks to keep on hand at the hotel. We have a small kitchenette w/our room, so that will make this a bit easier. The room also has Wi-fi so I'm taking my laptop, and I just may be checking in every day. We'll see, but I think it would be good for me.

We'll be having dinner out a lot w/friends---thankfully one is a low carber too, (I'm lucky. I have TWO close friends who are excellent cooks AND low carbers) and is planning a 4th of July evening party w/lots of good choices for she and I. We've been buddies since 4th grade! She joined me on a LC woe about a month after I started. We've both lost a glob of weight, and I can't wait to see less of her, and have her see less of me. I'm so excited about this trip, haven't been out of town in too long. Then I've got two more summer trips coming up, so I really want to learn to vacation on the woe!

PLUS, I did some shopping for this and other upcoming trips today, and I got some really cute stuff. What I wanted to buy, instead of just what I could fit into. Now THAT is so darn motivating.

We'll see how I do. Hope all my pals here are having a lovely summer day, and a great day on their woe.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #1170
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Blue! Sounds like you are well-prepared for your trip! I am working on it but not quite as far along yet. I plan to take my usual Atkins shakes for breakfast, fat bombs in a cooler, nuts and jerky for snacks...otherwise we will eat out. Need to start packing tomorrow.

Went to my health coach today and she showed me how to do upper body exercises with the dumbbells. I'll start tomorrow with 3 lb. weights. Did 40 minutes on the treadmill tonight. I've been watching The Diet Doctor interview various people on You Tube during my walking. Most of the interviews are pretty good.
Closed Thread