Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 08:28 AM   #1111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
not feeling great today. got that icky feeling. maybe starting to get sick??? hope not.

not hungry, that is for sure

off to the movies in a bit with kiddo and her 2 friends. EPIC. should be ok. supposed to get big T-storms here today. bleck. I was thinking last night I would jump on popcorn, but my tummy is not cooperating today, which is probably a good thing for me. So maybe a few bites of popcorn. but I have no interest so I might get away very good on this trip.

hopefully scale will move down tomorrow if I just don't eat much today. then I gotta lock that in as usual.

off to hit the matinee. gotta get the kids out of the pool. yea, they are swimming in cloudy weather out there. pool kinda chilly but there is no stopping the kids LOL

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2013, 09:14 AM   #1112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Hi, Hope everyone had a great weekend.If not, hope you all will have a better week ahead. Glad my weekend is over and ready to start a new week. Lot`s of stress this weekend.Sister`s new grandbaby had to be hospatialized,he is okay now.Other Sister`s dog is at vet`s very sick. He might not pull through. If you all are praying folks, please pray for them both.Thank`s.
I was worried and let my eating get out of hand this weekend.I am back on plan this morning and plan on keeping it that way.
Hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by Jaded62; 06-17-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Old 06-17-2013, 10:20 AM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Hoping your grandson is feeling better soon.
Jericrop!

Sounds like it was a rough weekend for a few of us! Hugs to anyone who needs them.

Hope you feel better soon Trigger. Epic was a decent movie. We saw it a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for the family problems and stress Jaded. Hope you can jump right back on plan.

Stynger, sorry to hear about your storms, lack of sleep, busy day, and grandson being ill. Hope he feels better by now.

Blue, sorry for the scale bouncing. I hope you find a groove, and don't get discouraged.

I had my first of 5 health coach visits through work's health & wellness department today. I told her I wanted to work on motivation and logistics for exercise. I told her I would walk 3 times a week for the next two weeks (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday) for 30-40 mintues. So I need to stick to that! Plus I will play a bit of tennis with DH when my son is at his lessons on Tue/Thur. I see her again on July 1 and she is going to work on some strength training with me - she'll show me how to use light free weights (starting with 3 lbs.) so that I can strength train at home. I need to find the weights we have - I think I have a couple of random ones but I might need to buy a matching set. She also said I could get free sessions with a personal trainer that are worth $350 but she didn't elaborate on that today. I also told the health coach I want to lose 20-25 lbs. in the next three months.

Weight is the same today at 238. Eating as usual. Lamb patties will be for supper. Then I'll walk, hopefully outside if it doesn't rain.
Old 06-17-2013, 01:33 PM   #1114
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
not feeling great today. got that icky feeling. maybe starting to get sick??? hope not.

not hungry, that is for sure

off to the movies in a bit with kiddo and her 2 friends. EPIC. should be ok. supposed to get big T-storms here today. bleck. I was thinking last night I would jump on popcorn, but my tummy is not cooperating today, which is probably a good thing for me. So maybe a few bites of popcorn. but I have no interest so I might get away very good on this trip.

hopefully scale will move down tomorrow if I just don't eat much today. then I gotta lock that in as usual.

off to hit the matinee. gotta get the kids out of the pool. yea, they are swimming in cloudy weather out there. pool kinda chilly but there is no stopping the kids LOL
Trigger, I hope you're feeling much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Hi, Hope everyone had a great weekend.If not, hope you all will have a better week ahead. Glad my weekend is over and ready to start a new week. Lot`s of stress this weekend.Sister`s new grandbaby had to be hospatialized,he is okay now.Other Sister`s dog is at vet`s very sick. He might not pull through. If you all are praying folks, please pray for them both.Thank`s.
I was worried and let my eating get out of hand this weekend.I am back on plan this morning and plan on keeping it that way.
Hope you all have a great day.
Lots of prayers going up for you and your family and furbabies! Don't let the eating get you worked up. Just move on, you've been doing great and its not the end of the world! Sometime we need the comfort we're used to. I know I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Jericrop!

Sounds like it was a rough weekend for a few of us! Hugs to anyone who needs them.

Hope you feel better soon Trigger. Epic was a decent movie. We saw it a couple of weeks ago.

Sorry for the family problems and stress Jaded. Hope you can jump right back on plan.

Stynger, sorry to hear about your storms, lack of sleep, busy day, and grandson being ill. Hope he feels better by now.

Blue, sorry for the scale bouncing. I hope you find a groove, and don't get discouraged.

I had my first of 5 health coach visits through work's health & wellness department today. I told her I wanted to work on motivation and logistics for exercise. I told her I would walk 3 times a week for the next two weeks (Monday, Wednesday and Saturday) for 30-40 mintues. So I need to stick to that! Plus I will play a bit of tennis with DH when my son is at his lessons on Tue/Thur. I see her again on July 1 and she is going to work on some strength training with me - she'll show me how to use light free weights (starting with 3 lbs.) so that I can strength train at home. I need to find the weights we have - I think I have a couple of random ones but I might need to buy a matching set. She also said I could get free sessions with a personal trainer that are worth $350 but she didn't elaborate on that today. I also told the health coach I want to lose 20-25 lbs. in the next three months.

Weight is the same today at 238. Eating as usual. Lamb patties will be for supper. Then I'll walk, hopefully outside if it doesn't rain.
Those health coach visits sound really great! I think that's a fantastic way to keep working toward your goals! And woo hoo on the personal trainer sessions! You should be very proud of yourself! You're making a plan and going for it! Go YOU!
Old 06-17-2013, 01:35 PM   #1115
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all,

Welcome Jericrop. Hope to see more of you here.

Trigger --- woke up feeling punk myself. Better now, but haven't been hungry either. Love the way you call your daughter "kiddo." Warms my heart because that's what my dad always called me. He passed away last fall, and I sure missed him yesterday.

Stynger --- So glad your grandson is on the mend! Oh my, I remember some scary trips to the hospital when my son was young. Everything always turned out all right, but it sure can scare you.

Jaded --- Absolutely, prayers up. Sounds like the grand baby will be fine, not so much the dogger. Losing a family pet is so sad. I've lost my share of dogs in my life, and cried my eyes out every time. Still miss them all.

Misti --- When I was exercising more I really liked the exercise videos. There's A LOT of good weights ones out there. I liked that they told me what to do and I could just follow. Some are for certain body parts, but I like the total work outs that hit a lot of muscles, quickly. Lots of 15 to 30 minute choices out there. And I liked I could do it in my house whenever it fit my schedule. And, you can customize them w/any size weights you want. Lots of good beginners cds out there. Wish you lived closer, I'd lend you some of mine to see if it works for you. Anyway, just a thought.

Like Trigger, woke up this AM feeling off. Had some BPC, and that went down ok. It's late afternoon and I finally wanted some food, so just had some cauli and clam dip. Having dinner at a friends tonight, won't cancel cause I feel better. She knows I'm Low carbing it and is making shrimp salad. She's a fantastic cook so I know I'm in for a great
low carb dinner, as well as her lovely company. So it looks like a good day on the plan.
Old 06-17-2013, 03:39 PM   #1116
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Finally back to check in on my boards. Sadly, I am not going to go back and read 4 pages. Summer is a rough time for me, so much less time on the computer.

Hope you all are doing well on your LC plan and of course in life in general.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
Finally back to check in on my boards. Sadly, I am not going to go back and read 4 pages. Summer is a rough time for me, so much less time on the computer.

Hope you all are doing well on your LC plan and of course in life in general.
Good to see you WickedStitch! Just jump right back in when you have time to post.

I can't wait until this week at work is over, then our slow season should finally start and I can get some long delayed projects done.

Blue Skies - I like the idea of exercise videos. I could set up our old TV just to do them. Do you have any recommendations for strength training ones?
Old 06-18-2013, 05:43 AM   #1118
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am still feeling kinda off. Not sure what it is. we had some big T-storms come thru and usually I get sinus pressure and all that in the face, but not this time. NOW MY GUTS are kinda off. have that icky feeling. Not sure why but I hope I don't have some real sick thing coming --man I hate that.

Blue, sorry about your dad. My FIL passed in Feb. hubby and all are getting better. just a shock when people are 'really gone' from your life. strange. but we are adjusting. My Dad also called us Kiddo. Say it to my kid now lol

Weight is the same but I KNOW a whoosh has got to be coming. Not eating much...but eating well either. Kinda just winging it on bits of food. Anything I want. Never a good thing. I think the junkier eating is helping the guts not be happy.

today is probably not much eating BUT clean and healthy eating today. Gotta run to the grocery for a few things and I will come back LC ready for the day.

In a funk since coming back from vacation. Can't get into the 'diet' again. At least I am not gaining, or doing any crazy off the wall eating at all, but I am not in that 'killer mood' to get down the scale. huh. well this too shall pass. probably cause I feel icky maybe.

hope everyone is doing good. Wicked, get less busy and post a bit HAHA
if it was only that easy right. ''Too much to do and not time to do it'' seems to be my motto all the time.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 AM   #1119
Major LCF Poster!

Misti --- Check your private messages.

Wicked Stitch --- Drop in when you can, don't worry about the whole back story. Always nice to see you here.

Trigger --- Seems to me you've done pretty well since you got back from vacation, weight wise. You got back to where you were and fast. Sounds like you're feeling a bit blue, probably because you're not feeling well. Sometimes we just have to give into the blues for a bit, but the good thing is, I bet you get as bored w/being blue as I do. (not as in "Blue skies" ) You'll be back to higher spirits soon. And it's pretty hard to sustain that "killer spirit" day in and day out. Do remember that lucky for us, the hare won the race!

Last night I had the best time. My pal made a fantastic dinner. I'm sharing the menu, because it was low carb and full of good ideas. Appetizers were yummy parmesan wrapped in prosciutto ham. So easy, so delish. Then asparagus soup w/a big dollop of lemony sour cream on top. Recipe is again, so easy! Then a salad w/shrimp, thin green beans, avocado and pink grapefruit slices drizzled w/home made vinegarette. Berries, mint and a very light, hardly there orange sauce for desert. She is an excellent cook who really knows how to put good tastes next to each other, but everything she made last night is so easy and doable.

Anyhow, not at all sure about menu for today. I have the whole day home, so I may just snack my way through the day. Hubby is grilling a pork roast for dinner, thinking about what to have w/it.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM   #1120
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
And it's pretty hard to sustain that "killer spirit" day in and day out. Do remember that lucky for us, the hare won the race!
Er, that would be the tortoise. The tortoise won the race.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:10 AM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to let you all know the baby is doing much better and so is the dog !!! Thank you all for your prayers. Have a great day !!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 AM   #1122
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Just wanted to let you all know the baby is doing much better and so is the dog !!! Thank you all for your prayers. Have a great day !!!
YAY! Such good news!
Old 06-19-2013, 03:21 AM   #1123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jaded, glad things are improving for everyone.

Blue you are right. just a funk and I know that kiler instinct will come back.
Thanks for the pep talk. THEY are appreciated any support is good support!! It sure keeps me on track. thanks!

Feel alot better today. Off to amusement park with best friend and her grandson. my kiddo likes him alot. she is 8, he is 5. She said she will take care of him and we can let them go off into the park and have fun by themselves. she will babysit. UH--I DON'T THINK SO. LOL she thinks she is so much older now HAHA

packing lunches to take. they have a super nice picnic area to relax. so I can easily control food today. will buy ice cream or some other snack in the park. Will be good tho. no food over the top

everyone enjoy this nice Wed. pretty weather here. not jumping on the scale this morning. I want a scale free day. Everyone eat good today!!!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!

Thank YOU all for the kind words !!!!! The dog is coming home today. I do believe in the power of prayer.
Trigger, I am glad to hear you are feeling better.It is hard to keep up all the time with this WOE.It does get boring at times.To me, anyway. Even with doing it my way.LOL.
Ketosis is kicking in hard today. I feel like crap.I know it will be gone by tomorrow,I hope.I am going to try and eat a bit more today to make it easier to take.
Hope everyone has a great day !!!
Old 06-19-2013, 12:12 PM   #1125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
hope everyone is doing good. Wicked, get less busy and post a bit HAHA
if it was only that easy right. ''Too much to do and not time to do it'' seems to be my motto all the time.
I will try. So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Have fun at the amusement park today!

Jaded: So good to hear that both baby and doggie are doing better.

Mistizoom and BlueSkies: Thanks for the open arms.

It's nice to have a place to come back to and not feel completely out of place! It means a lot to me, thanks everyone.

We are super busy in the summers with softball and baseball. Now that Teen Queen is off to college and staying for summer semester, it's all about Boy Wonder! He plays for his High School over the summer in local league, practices every day there are no games scheduled, plus he plays on a competitive travel team as well.

All the HS games are two game days. For instance yesterday we left the house at 2pm for a 3pm game. Game lasts about 1:45. Went to car to eat and get some air conditioning since they weren't playing the 5pm game and then back to the field at 6:30 for the 7pm game. We left the house at 2pm and did not return until 9pm. Makes for a long day. Thankfully, I packed snacks and sandwiches for him and chicken salad with an avocado for me.

The travel Team plays tournaments every weekend. some parks allow coolers and many do not. Which means they plan on taking every single one of your dollars that you show up to the park with for concession drinks and food. Kind of ridiculous. Not to mention, not very many decent low carb choices.

In any case I managed to show a loss from the past couple weeks. Down just about 3# I will gladly take it!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #1126
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Thanks for your nice comment on my ML thread today. Boy, when I read your post today about going to the amusement park w/the kids and your best pal, and having a picnic, I sighed. I remember when my kiddo was that age, and we did that sort of thing on a lovely summer day. He's now 3 inches taller than me and not too interested in hanging out w/mom. The days when they're young and happy to be w/us are precious. Hope you guys had a beautiful day.

Jaded --- Again, so glad to hear baby and dog are doing well. Boredom is a real enemy of mine on this woe too. It's the major reason I slipped off the wagon last time. So this time I've made a big effort to seek out new recipes and ideas, and that's helped a lot. But there's no gettin' around the fact that it's more work than it was in my carb heavy days. There just aren't that many pick up and go Low carb eats.

WS---The kids athletic thing these days is really something, and a good something. I have friends/colleagues who spend the lion's share of their free time at their kids' games. It's a great thing to encourage, as when they're busy playing for a team, and learning those lessons, they don't have time to get into trouble. AND YIPEEEEEEE on your 3 lb loss. But yeah, it really bugs me when they won't let you bring your own food to events. Hubby and I smuggle our own popcorn into theaters in one of my big hand bags. Not eating that crap and paying through the nose for it.

So far so good today. Had a JJ's unwich for lunch. LOVE that Italian Night club, #9. We have left over grilled Pork roast that I'm going to make a sandwich out of tonight, w/my TJ's sprouted wheat bread. I think I'll do it open faced, twice the meat, and two sandys for the carb price of one. Then I think I'll have a scoop of my So Delicious chocolate mint ice cream for 4 carbs, w/some TJ's coconut crisps on the top. I should come in quite well in my carb and calorie count for today. Haven't been real hungry lately. Gotta love that.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #1127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone is having a GREAT week! Work has been crazy but that's a good thing! My stall continues but we gotta take it as it comes, right?

Had a nice arugula salad here for dinner. Breakfast was two hard-cooked eggs. I had to force myself to eat them, morning is not a good time for my appetite lol

Hopefully things will quiet down by the weekend, at least by Friday night, and I'll get caught up then.

Keep up all the good work!
Old 06-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #1128
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger - How was the amusement park? I'm going to one in a few weeks (Valley Fair - near you I think Blue Skies!) and I wonder what rides I might be able to fit on now. I was very limited when we went in the past couple of years in what I could go on. Went to Disney in 2011 and I could ride everything there, but since I live Iowa we have pretty slim pickings.

Jaded - Glad your dog is home!! Sorry for the LC flu, but it is a good sign that you are in ketosis. Have some broth - it will make you feel better. The LC flu I had after my cruise in March is one big reason I have no desire to kick myself out of ketosis. I had the worst blinding headache every right in the middle of a work meeting which I could not leave.

Wicked - Whoa! You are busy! I thought we have it bad enough with my son taking tennis lessons for twice a week for 40 minutes each. Good for you for planning ahead with your food. And congrats on the loss!

Blue Skies - I TOTALLY forgot I have some So Delicious sugar-free chocolate ice-cream like stuff in the freezer! I was just entering my food in the tracker and it says I can eat 300 more calories for today. Not that I need to, but now I have an option if I get hungry later! Wish I could find the chocolate mint here. The plain chocoate isn't too different from the Breyer's Carb Smart chocolate and is a lot more expensive. Plus it tastes like coconut. Not that that's a bad thing...

Stynger - Good to hear from you! Hope you catch a break soon.

I am holding steady with weight for a few days now. I have walked for 40 min both Monday night and tonight like I told my health coach I would. DH and I will probably attempt to play a little tennis tomorrow night as well (we are both very rusty, it has been at least 15 years since I've played except for one time last week). The good news is the exercise hasn't caused me to gain like it did in February the last time I tried and overdid it.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Trigger - How was the amusement park? I'm going to one in a few weeks (Valley Fair - near you I think Blue Skies!)

Blue Skies - I TOTALLY forgot I have some So Delicious sugar-free chocolate ice-cream like stuff in the freezer! I was just entering my food in the tracker and it says I can eat 300 more calories for today. Not that I need to, but now I have an option if I get hungry later! Wish I could find the chocolate mint here. The plain chocoate isn't too different from the Breyer's Carb Smart chocolate and is a lot more expensive. Plus it tastes like coconut. Not that that's a bad thing...

I am holding steady with weight for a few days now. I have walked for 40 min both Monday night and tonight like I told my health coach I would. DH and I will probably attempt to play a little tennis tomorrow night as well (we are both very rusty, it has been at least 15 years since I've played except for one time last week). The good news is the exercise hasn't caused me to gain like it did in February the last time I tried and overdid it.
Hey Misti---Yes! When you visit Valley Fair, you are in my neck of the woods.
Haven't been there for years, but we took our son there often when he was a youngster.

I'm in St. Paul, in the city, a block off Summit Avenue, if that means anything to you. Been here for a long time, and we love it here. It's just a great place to live, for us.

I'm so impressed w/your walking thing. I'm just not there yet, although I've been there in the past, and how. And you know, I just have to say, exercise NEVER ads to your weight in ANY negative way. You might not get what you want from the scale every day, when you are adding muscle weight. And, it is true that exercise makes us hungrier---but that's not necessarily a bad thing if we greet that hunger w/low carb choices.

BUT, I do think many here confuse the words of Taubes and Phinney and Voleck, etc, regarding exercise. They are correct, imo, when they say exercise is not a great weight loss tool---although I HAVE lost weight w/it, but that took more than I have to maintain, in the end.

BUT, we can lose all the weight we would ever wish, and we'll still be stuck w/loosey goosey flesh and body tone. THIS is what exercise is good for, not to mention our health in other ways.

I just can't go there yet, but I hope I do again in the future. When I worked out, I did so w/a vengeance. For me, I have to learn to make it a smaller part of my day to sustain it, and not get obsessed w/it.

I think you're on the road to that, and I encourage you w/all my heart. Hope I join you in some way, in the future. But again, I will say, exercise is NOT bad, it's good. We just have to make it work for what we can all do, what's reasonable for us to maintain, and that's always the challenge.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:52 PM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!

Where are all my pals today? I miss y'all.

Well, it's been a chicken wings day for moi. Picked up a pound of rotisserie chicken wings at the grocery store. Had half for lunch w/blue cheese dressing. Will have the other half for dinner.

I am going through another no hunger stage. I had this at first, like most everyone, when I began my LC woe. And when I say no hunger, I mean food is NOT appealing. Then that passed for weeks, and although I wasn't hungry in a real sense, I have had mind hunger on and off.

In these last days the mind hunger has been gone again. Just not all that interested in food. Eating to live, not living to eat. Wish this would last for a whole lot longer.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:30 AM   #1131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wicked --that is some tough schedule you are following!! My kid wants to play soccer this year. I guess I will be able to say I am an 'official soccer mom' now LOL
Wicked just stuff your purse with pepperoni. that handles the low carb choices for you HAHA

Guys, the amusement park was fun. Til I pushed it and got on the tilt-a-whirl. I did the Scrambler a few times, the Tornado which took me down almost and then the tilt-a-whirl, I had to have the guy stop and let me off HAHA boy when young I road every ride 50 times, at age 51 I could handle only 4-5 rides and I died.

Blue I didn't have to worry about fitting on rides this time which was nice. But I know if I had the 30 something lbs. still on me, I don't think that Scrambler door bar would have shut down. It was a smaller type mini kid ride and it just fit when the bar came down.

I ate good. had nothing but a few chips with my roast beef sandwich and carrots, watermelon. all higher carb stuff but I can tell ya we worked it off walking.

And happy to report over this fun time I lost another lb. I will take it --any and all I get down the scale.

One thing being more moderate carb I am thrilled I can fit in a sandwich in situations like a picnic. I don't do bread hardly at all. But the few times it is easy to have a sandwich my higher carbs make life alot easier to handle.

I did get some renewed motivation tho. going up the chairlift ride to the top of the mountain, they snap a picture and you can buy it later. We bought ours. Me and kiddo smiling on the chairlift. (I looked thinner definitely. almost 33 lbs and I can see the difference BUT I can also see I need to lose more to be where I want to me. So that pic, while I am ok with it cause I don't look like a 'total moose', just showed me I can easily lose more and be happier with my appearance.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

I'm here, just had a very busy day yesterday. Hubby and I didn't play any tennis last night but we walked for about 15 minutes when DS's lesson was going on. Down another pound today.

Trigger - glad you had fun at the amusement park. I hope I am able to fit on a few rides when we go. But I hear you on not being able to do as much as years ago. I went on a tilt-a-whirl a couple of years ago and it was terrible. I will definitely skip that. We are going to a water park as well and I think I won't have to worry about weight limits there.

Blue - I'm definitely doing the exercise for health and toning. I know it might slow my weight loss, but at this point I want to try and maintain lean body mass. A few months ago when I was 270 lbs. I wasn't ready for that - the scale dropping was more important. But I am ready for the exercising now, so I just need to stick to it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 06-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #1133
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---Last time I was on a tilt-a-whirl I'd had a grape pop before I got on. Let's just say it did not go well and the carny running the ride did not appreciate the clean up job he had. I have never had a grape pop since, nor have I ever gone on the tilt-a-whirl. In fact, I can't do most rides at amusement parks, unless they're water rides. I do love the Ferris Wheel, particularly the huge ones. At our state fair when you get to the top you can see much of the city. Beautiful and fun when you whoosh down w/the summer breeze in your face.

Lunch out w/colleagues today---had a bun-less bacon cheeseburger w/a fried egg on top. Good but SO rich. Don't know if I'll be hungry enough for dinner, but hubby's grilling pork chops so it's there if I want it, but I think I've had it w/meat for today. Maybe just a fresh salad. Ha, I'm thinking this all out on line, how fascinating

So darn glad it's Friday. We have no plans tonight, and I am so glad---going to kick back, watch a bit of TV, do some reading, just hang.

Hope y'all have a lovely Friday night.
Old 06-21-2013, 04:02 PM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, and hey Trigger and Misti - congrats on one more down!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:04 AM   #1135
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Down another pound today.

Trigger - glad you had fun at the amusement park. I hope I am able to fit on a few rides when we go. But I hear you on not being able to do as much as years ago. I went on a tilt-a-whirl a couple of years ago and it was terrible. I will definitely skip that. We are going to a water park as well and I think I won't have to worry about weight limits there.

CONGRATS on that lb!! keep them coming off the scale! they sure all add up in the end

water park!! COOL. we have a few near us. I promised her at the end of august before school starts we will hit the water park. WE CAN'T WAIT. Good thing is I have a busy summer planned for RVing so I can delay the park til later and be thinner when I go LOL yea I know, the vanity of it all.

You will have a blast!!! water parks are super fun!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:07 AM   #1136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue---NOW I DON'T ever want to have a grape soda again in my life.

HAHA

that sounds awful. ick.

the big ferris wheels scare me to death. even the little ones. I hate the feeling of that swing bucket chair. Like it is going to just drop off or something. Not for me big time.

I sure love the water rides also!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #1137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OK---that lb. I lost the other day is back. Up 1 lb.

BLECK

pain in the butt. but it is ok.

I am getting a bit carby in my foods. Control on moderate carb is OK. But I know me and I can see the creep coming.

So plan of attack is back to lower carb for a few days. More strict. Which is fine by me cause I know eating VERY carb is easy for me mostly.

so meals are:

bacon and eggs for breakfast

sautee chicken with giant salad, bit of cheese for lunch

something on the grill tonight. not sure if beef or just stick with chicken and side dishes will be something like tons of broccoli/cauli or asparagus

So staying away from heavier carbs for a few days. Lock in some loss and move forward as usual.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:52 AM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Yesterday was not so great for us. DS (age 10) had a stomach ache in the morning and I thought it was gas, so gave him a Maalox anti-gas tablet. We were in line at the movies around 11:30 am and he said he wasn't feeling well and didn't want to got to the movie today. On the way to the car he almost passed out - he got very pale, clammy, couldn't walk very well, and said his vision and hearing were going. We went to quick care which was right around the corner and she sent us to the emergency room. Over two hours later and it turns out I was right - most likely gas or some other digestive upset, no appendicitis which was the main concern. He had two Atkins bars and one sugar free candy on Friday, so I think that is what did it. I have told him in the past to only have one Atkins bar a day, but he had one for lunch and another after dinner on Friday. Sigh. I wish he didn't eat them at all but now he knows why not to eat too many. Today I told him he needs to eat pretty plainly, I think meat and eggs would be best but of course he wants popcorn when we go back to the movies today. I did at least walk last night for 40 minutes on the treadmill, like I told the health coach I would. Would have been a lot easier to just sit on the couch. Up about 0.4 lbs. today, 237.2, so no biggie.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #1139
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Sunday all I have been AWOL and need to get caught up!
Misti, I am so glad your son is OK! That is scary stuff!

My weight is stuck...that is all I'm gonna say, and I'm not gonna think about it! LOL I think I'm noticing more a change in the way my clothes fit even though the numbers aren't moving which is a good thing anyway!

I'm off today and tomorrow. Perfect timing, since I sprouted a raging sinus infection on Friday night....I should have known, I was so tired I was actually weak a few days this week. I can't believe as closely as I monitor myself that I never realize when I'm about to get sick. Oh well. This will be a better week!

I've been researching different spices, ala Dr. Andrew Weil and I'm gonna try to incorporate more of them into my food plan.

I hope you all are having a great, safe and wonderful weekend. Not sure what I'm going to eat yet today. My appetite is still very much under control

I missed being here with you all! This working for a living thing is getting old fast LOL I might have to try buying a lottery ticket!
I'll check in later when I know what I want to cook up for dinner/supper
Old 06-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #1140
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger --- love your phrase "lock in some loss." Seems you are quite good at returning to LC when you need to.

Misti --- When my son was a small tike he doubled over one day, screaming w/pain. Scared the you know what out of me. We took him to the ER, where it turns out he was very constipated, which was causing terrible cramps and no ability to release. SIGH. Being a mom is not for sissies. Glad to know your boy is all right.

Friends of ours have a winter and summer solstice party every year. Last night, summer solstice and a dinner I knew would be great, so I decided it would be my first real treat dinner in months. Ate super clean all day in preparation.

It was an Indian dinner --- fantastic lamb patties and yogurt sauce, tandoori, and of course, plenty of Nann, not to mention appetizers, grilled fruits, cheeses and chutneys. It was totally delish.

I had some of everything, except an ice cream dessert, including the naan. Ate to my satisfaction, BUT did not overeat, as I would have in my carb days. Came in at 49 carbs, my highest count in quite awhile, but still under 50, which is where I began my woe--- 50 grams or less.

My average now is 30 carbs a day. And I'll be back to that today. But it's cool to know I can have a treat night that satisfies me that is w/in the bounds of being ketogenic---something I didn't plan on, but just allowed my appetite to guide on.

Feels more an more like a lifestyle all the time, and that's another NSV.
Closed Thread