Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2013, 05:51 PM   #1081
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/208/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Lawmom - Very sorry to hear about your uncle. Peace to your family.

Blue Skies - too funny about the birthday date mixup. I hope you have a great dinner and party! Happy bday to your hubby! I also had someone comment at work today. She hadn't seen me in a while, she said I was "looking good".

Stynger - congrats on the loss! WTG! Hope the job stuff goes well. We were supposed to have severe weather today too but luckily it seems to have missed us. Hope you stay safe!

Jaded - we can be Atkins poster children together! I had two shakes today (one for breakfast, one for supper) and an Atkins meal for lunch! I did eat a few real foods too, but not too many!

I'm at 241.2 today, so down a bit from a few days ago but not quite to last week's low of 241.

Here's what I had today:

Breakfast
Atkins Advantage - Advantage Milk Chocolate Delight Shake, 11 fl oz

Lunch
Atkins - Farmhouse-Style Sausage Scramble, 1 bowl
Low carb chocolate peanut butter cup (fat bombs), 2 serving

Snack
Planters - Sunflower Kernels - 2 oz

Dinner
Low Carb Cole Slaw, 1/2 cup
Atkins Advantage - Dark Chocolate Royale Shake, 11 oz
Chocoperfection - Dark Mint Chocolate Bar , 10 g. (1 bar)
Arizona - Arnold Palmer Half & Half Powder Stix, 1 Packet (1.7g)
Olives - Manzanilla, 5 olives

Calories for the day were around 1500. The rest of the night will just be zero cal/carb beverages or water.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 06-12-2013 at 05:53 PM..

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2013, 06:52 PM   #1082
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well, congrats to everyone on there loss today. After my Atkins day, I came down one pound !!!! So, that is pretty good for me. I was afraid I would gain.I had another busy day at home. I did some deep cleaning and my back is going to pay for it tonight. I just had dinner at 8 pm. Late for me. I fixed DH some dinner and was too hot and tired to eat,so I skipped it.I had a 3 carb wrap BLT with ham.It was good.I am ready for the couch.You all have a great night !!!
Old 06-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #1083
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
Misti and Jaded, congrats on your losses! Woo hoo!

Didn't plan on waking up/getting up at 4:30 am but going back to sleep would just make it harder to get up later lol
My weight is unchanged today, but that's ok
Keeping an eye on the sky today, we're supposed to be rocking and rolling with severe weather here anywhere from 2-10 pm. I have two client visits today, on AM, one PM so we'll see how that pans out. I know that if things start looking dicey, I'm heading home to my furbabies immediately. I can remember as a kid knowing that the only thing that ever bothered my grandmother was wind. I didn't really get it then. I do now lol I miss the days when we ran outside when the wind kicked up, turning the leaves backwards and inside out. Never thought it was dangerous. Ah the good old, na´ve days
I've been offered a pizza feast on Saturday...I thought about saying yes to even just one piece but when I think about it, I don't like even the idea of how it might make me feel on Sunday....I know if I eat all those carbs, cuz the crust is my favorite, I'm gonna feel like a dishrag the next day...The thought of that just might be the perfect reason to just say no, thanks
I have no idea what my menu is today. I'm never hungry this early in the day and the thought of food is just...ugh... I can tell ya that if we get hit with the storms the way they say we might, I'll be eating a lot of low carb stuff that's in my fridge LOL
I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and successful day Just think of the progress we're all making, even if we don't see a drop on the scale. We're on a road trip here And we're all doing pretty darned good!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:52 AM   #1084
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Good morning all! Thank you for the condolences. My stepdad's surgery went good. Despite a few moderate "cheats" scale is down another .4 .... (it sure is creeping but at least it is creeping down). Weight today (200.4). Still hoping to see onederland by the end oft heweek at least ...

Blue Skies -- I remember how good it felt when my co-worker's noticed my weight loss the first time I was doing a LC diet. It really helped keep me motivated too.

Stynger -- I have always been afraid of tornadoes and high wind too. Hoping you have a "safe" day.
Old 06-13-2013, 07:58 AM   #1085
Major LCF Poster!

Scale was at 239.8 this morning!! Hope it sticks! That's 60 lbs. gone in just under 7 months.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:03 PM   #1086
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Dance for Misti and Lawmom !!!!!!! Happy for you all. Congrats on your loss !!!
My back is hurting today,i knew it would. Oh well. My house is clean. LOL. Doing some veggie prepping today.Not hungry at all today. It is 2 pm and all I have had today was an Atkins shake.I didn`t want that. Ketosis has kicked in.
I hope everyone has a great day !!!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:51 PM   #1087
Major LCF Poster!

Confession time! I went totally off plan today at a Mexican restaurant. I don't know why I do this to myself....Trying to down water and walk tonight in hopes it won't totally derail the downward progess ofthe scale too much. Anyway, hope everyone else is having a better day than me!
Old 06-13-2013, 06:32 PM   #1088
Major LCF Poster!

Lawmom,Please don`t feel bad about the Mexican food.You are doing the right thing by jumping right back into your WOE,walking and water.I bet you will not even see a jump in weight IF you drink alot of water.I most likely will go off plan on one weekend day.Most likely it is for just one meal.I just jump right back on the wagon at the next meal. I probably lose slower because of this.We all have to have a woe that we can live with and if an off plan meal now and then keeps me from giving up then that is what I will do. HTH.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:02 PM   #1089
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Jaded! I am kind of annoyed with myself. The sad thing is that I knew before I even pulled in that it was a mistake. Then I just said to heck with it. Ate that HUGE lunch then had 2 little Debbie oatmeal cookies because they were there ... I walked one off (gotta love treadmill) and then have drank 3 bottles of water (which is a lot for me because I NEVER drink water --it is one of the things that I want to work on)...
Old 06-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #1090
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Hi everyone

lost internet and phone for one and half days. ticked me off. lousey Charter Communications. my phone and internet has been skippy for over a month now. would lose it for a hour here and there and now boom. gone for 1.5 days. I was ticked off LOL hey, I need my communication

CONGRATS MISTI that is quite the achievement

I hope everyone is losing a few lbs.

I am 199.5. didnt get far but it is out of the 2s so I am happy about that. eating just enough over to not lose well but NOW MY STUPID days are mine. I had a small party at my parents cause my brother and his family stopped over. drank some beers you know. the day that I don't gain but I am not losing either.

so now the next SOLID week is mine. no food challenges. time to get a few off that scale.

everyone stay strong. we can get it done!!
Old 06-14-2013, 03:43 PM   #1091
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hi all.

Stynger---Great news on the second interview going well. LOVE coloradNO We mother's have our ways.

Misti --- Freaking fantastic! I have been doing this for four and a half months and have only lost 18 lbs---which I'll take! But 60 pounds in 7 months is terrific. I have resigned myself to the fact that it's just going slower for me this time, but I love to hear about other who are zooming along. That makes some people feel bad about their slower rate of loss, but it actually inspires me---we're all in this together and every time I see it WORKING, no matter at what rate, it re-enforces my woe.

lawmom --- Like everyone else says, just get right back on plan. Don't beat yourself up, but I think it IS useful to note to yourself how you feel AFTER going off plan.(Not talking about planned treats here.) When I'm tempted I ask myself if this will be worth it to me after the food is gone---which reminds me that it won't be worth it. This works better and better as I lose more and more weight and I can see how worthwhile a better decision is.

Jaded --- Hope your back feels better. Love the "not hungry" thing. It's a relief.

Trigger --- And say good bye to the vacation bloat! Back in Onderland for you! So cool. And omg girl, if we lost our computers and phones in this house for a day and a half it would not be pretty and if you took the TV too, we'd probably go to a hotel We may be shallow, but we have fun being so.

So here's the story on my weight for the last week. I had a big whoosh, 4 lbs. It stuck for a day or so. Then bounced up 3 lbs. Then yesterday it bounced up ANOTHER pound, totally wiping out my whoosh. Buuuuuuuutttttttt then, it was down 2 pounds this morning. This is my pattern, and every time I think I'm moving beyond it, I get told that's not happening Which is why I never know what or when to report something here. Geeze, if you counted all my whooshes that have de-whooshed I'd have lost 50 pounds by now.

Had a bunless cheeseburger and a side salad for lunch. Think I'm going to have a BLT on TJ's sprouted wheat bread tonight, or maybe order a JJs. We'll see how lazy I am. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2013, 06:35 PM   #1092
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue that whoosh and de-whoosh is wild lol

if that would happen to me I would blow a gasket. I couldn't take that but at least you know your loss pattern. so you can handle it!! down 2 is great!!!!!

yea if I lost cable also we would have to evacuate HAHA
I do all my banking online, transfer money all the time and work online also. 1.5 days was rough but I lived.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #1093
Major LCF Poster!

Lawmom - good for you for getting right back on track after the Mexican etc. I hope you had a good day today. I always stick with fajitas at Mexican restaurants - no rice, no beans, no tortillas. Usually I get ones they call "creamy" or "con queso" depending on the restuarant, which has a cheese sauce. Makes things simple, but then those tortillas chips and salsa are staring at me. I do usually eat a few, but for the most part I been good at stopping myself before it gets to be "too many".

Trigger - Congrats on the loss! One good week and you will be solidly in onderland!

Blue Skies - good that you recognize your loss pattern. Two pounds is great! I had sort of the same pattern the past couple of weeks, but usually I am more slow and steady.

Jaded, Stynger, and everyone else - have a great weekend!

My 240 has stuck! I was 239.4 this morning, so down another 0.4, and 240 when I weighed myself this afternoon. So I am claiming 60 lbs. gone!

I am going to need to buy some new summer clothes (again). I am now 8 lbs. down from when I bought new clothes for work about a month ago. I thought my 3X capris from last summer would be fine for casual use this summer, but only two of them still look ok. The rest just look sloppy. And most of the casual shirts I have are too big too. I think I'll hit the second hand stores this time and see if I can find any great deals.

Today's food:

Breakfast
Atkins Advantage - Advantage Milk Chocolate Delight Shake

Lunch
Mcdonald's - Double Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese, No Bun
Mcdonald's - Diet Coke (Medium)

Dinner
Low carb chocolate peanut butter cup (fat bombs), 2
Plain Deep Fried Chicken Wing, 8 section
Mrs Dash - Salt Free Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend, 1 tsp

Snacks
Arizona - Arnold Palmer Half & Half Powder Stix, 1 Packet

While I hate the idea of counting calories, the past few days I have been entering my food right after I eat supper. By some miracle it seems that I eat right about 1500 calories nearly every day. Since I seem to be losing well at that level, it has motivated me to avoid evening snacking. Is this counting calories? I don't know...but it's working for me so I will stick to it for now!

ETA: Just realized I didn't have any vegetables at all today, unless you count the 3 pickle slices and a few chopped onions on the burger. Ooops....

Last edited by Mistizoom; 06-14-2013 at 07:00 PM..
Old 06-14-2013, 10:05 PM   #1094
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post

if that would happen to me I would blow a gasket. I couldn't take that but at least you know your loss pattern. so you can handle it!! down 2 is great!!!!!
Hey Trigger---can't tell you how much I appreciate you letting me know that my bounce pattern would cause you "to blow a gasket." That lets me know how hard I've had to work to not let this pattern deflate and defeat me. And yes, I HAVE worked really hard at that.

I absolutely NEVER just STICK and stay there, and not only do I not STICK, I can freaking count on the fact that NO whoosh is EVER here to stay, and that it will ALWAYS be taken back from me, and will ALWAYS bounce back up. This last week was one of the worst examples of that---although in the end, not an oz. outside of what Phinney and Voleck call the average amt of pounds that can be due to water weight. 4.

Of course, it is also true that the trend of my weight loss IS good, if slow, over the long view. But geepers creepers, sometimes it is so hard not to have more immediate gratification.

Anywho, I guess I'm taking a lot of words to say, I'm kind of blue about all this tonight. I'm a fighter and it's hard for me to say when I'm down.

But I am down tonight, regarding my woe. Everyone else here has said so at one time or another. And I need to learn to say so too.

I'm discouraged tonight. Tomorrow is another enchilada. We'll see what it brings, but it is a relief sometimes not to have to be so optimistic.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:44 AM   #1095
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue--one thing I know in this life that nothing you truly want to achieve will come easy

We all have to learn that and be happy thru the process. Not let it ever make us 'blue' heeheee

You know that pattern and did work hard to stay true thru it. That is so important. You are a fighter. But you also know that once you learn that pattern, the way your body wants to let loose of the weight, you stick long term and you will get'er done.

You need to smile. You are rocking it down the scale. A weird way, lol, but you are getting it accomplished. You are way ahead of many others who haven't even started their journey. You keep on rocking!!
Old 06-15-2013, 06:46 AM   #1096
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

loss of like .2 or .4 on the scale.

eh. it is down a bit and I will take that

today is easy day I think. not hungry at all this morning. got that calm feeling. bit of chores, laundry, deliver some work to a store and then I am laying in the sun on the porch and swimming.

I got myself a mess of chicken wings cooked up. I will be eating those and tonight I have a small pork roast. some veg and stuff thru the day. But today feels like one of those easily controlled days. I HOPE I get thru fine.

everyone keep plodding along.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:55 AM   #1097
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

[QUOTE=Mistizoom;16471060]While I hate the idea of counting calories, the past few days I have been entering my food right after I eat supper. By some miracle it seems that I eat right about 1500 calories nearly every day. Since I seem to be losing well at that level, it has motivated me to avoid evening snacking. Is this counting calories? I don't know...but it's working for me so I will stick to it for now!

[QUOTE]

If you are tracking most of the forms will fill in the calories anyway. even on the atkins site it will post the calories.

I think knowing your calorie area is important. Gives you a basis. If you gravitate up in eating, maybe 3-400 cals. and start to slow, then you can back down to your losing calorie number again.

Also knowing your calorie counts are important when adding back in carbs when we get more toward maintenance. those higher carb foods can easily add up your calorie count alot faster. So if we choose to indulge, knowing your cal. counts keeps you in line.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #1098
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
Good morning all! Thank you for the condolences. My stepdad's surgery went good. Despite a few moderate "cheats" scale is down another .4 .... (it sure is creeping but at least it is creeping down). Weight today (200.4). Still hoping to see onederland by the end oft heweek at least ...

Blue Skies -- I remember how good it felt when my co-worker's noticed my weight loss the first time I was doing a LC diet. It really helped keep me motivated too.

Stynger -- I have always been afraid of tornadoes and high wind too. Hoping you have a "safe" day.
I'm so glad your step Dad's surgery went well! You are sooo close to onederland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Scale was at 239.8 this morning!! Hope it sticks! That's 60 lbs. gone in just under 7 months.
OMG! You are amazing! You give me inspiration to just keep going!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Happy Dance for Misti and Lawmom !!!!!!! Happy for you all. Congrats on your loss !!!
My back is hurting today,i knew it would. Oh well. My house is clean. LOL. Doing some veggie prepping today.Not hungry at all today. It is 2 pm and all I have had today was an Atkins shake.I didn`t want that. Ketosis has kicked in.
I hope everyone has a great day !!!
I hear ya on the housework! Just did my own and the cat litters too...ewwww LOL Isn't it something to have no appetite? I had to make myself eat a few evenings this week. Imagine....me, having to MAKE myself eat!

Quote:
Confession time! I went totally off plan today at a Mexican restaurant. I don't know why I do this to myself....Trying to down water and walk tonight in hopes it won't totally derail the downward progess ofthe scale too much. Anyway, hope everyone else is having a better day than me!
It's no biggie....and you know how I can tell? You came here and shared it. You owned it, you claimed it....it is what it is and now you just keep on your path. This is real life and it's not rigid. There are ups, downs and sidewayses No beating yourself up. You're human, just like us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Lawmom,Please don`t feel bad about the Mexican food.You are doing the right thing by jumping right back into your WOE,walking and water.I bet you will not even see a jump in weight IF you drink alot of water.I most likely will go off plan on one weekend day.Most likely it is for just one meal.I just jump right back on the wagon at the next meal. I probably lose slower because of this.We all have to have a woe that we can live with and if an off plan meal now and then keeps me from giving up then that is what I will do. HTH.
Exactly what Jaded said!

Quote:
Thanks Jaded! I am kind of annoyed with myself. The sad thing is that I knew before I even pulled in that it was a mistake. Then I just said to heck with it. Ate that HUGE lunch then had 2 little Debbie oatmeal cookies because they were there ... I walked one off (gotta love treadmill) and then have drank 3 bottles of water (which is a lot for me because I NEVER drink water --it is one of the things that I want to work on)...
See? You're on your way

Quote:
Hi everyone

lost internet and phone for one and half days. ticked me off. lousey Charter Communications. my phone and internet has been skippy for over a month now. would lose it for a hour here and there and now boom. gone for 1.5 days. I was ticked off LOL hey, I need my communication

CONGRATS MISTI that is quite the achievement

I hope everyone is losing a few lbs.

I am 199.5. didnt get far but it is out of the 2s so I am happy about that. eating just enough over to not lose well but NOW MY STUPID days are mine. I had a small party at my parents cause my brother and his family stopped over. drank some beers you know. the day that I don't gain but I am not losing either.

so now the next SOLID week is mine. no food challenges. time to get a few off that scale.

everyone stay strong. we can get it done!!
YAY!!!! Out of the 2's YOU GO GIRL! Congratulations Trigger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Hi all.

Stynger---Great news on the second interview going well. LOVE coloradNO We mother's have our ways.

Misti --- Freaking fantastic! I have been doing this for four and a half months and have only lost 18 lbs---which I'll take! But 60 pounds in 7 months is terrific. I have resigned myself to the fact that it's just going slower for me this time, but I love to hear about other who are zooming along. That makes some people feel bad about their slower rate of loss, but it actually inspires me---we're all in this together and every time I see it WORKING, no matter at what rate, it re-enforces my woe.

lawmom --- Like everyone else says, just get right back on plan. Don't beat yourself up, but I think it IS useful to note to yourself how you feel AFTER going off plan.(Not talking about planned treats here.) When I'm tempted I ask myself if this will be worth it to me after the food is gone---which reminds me that it won't be worth it. This works better and better as I lose more and more weight and I can see how worthwhile a better decision is.

Jaded --- Hope your back feels better. Love the "not hungry" thing. It's a relief.

Trigger --- And say good bye to the vacation bloat! Back in Onderland for you! So cool. And omg girl, if we lost our computers and phones in this house for a day and a half it would not be pretty and if you took the TV too, we'd probably go to a hotel We may be shallow, but we have fun being so.

So here's the story on my weight for the last week. I had a big whoosh, 4 lbs. It stuck for a day or so. Then bounced up 3 lbs. Then yesterday it bounced up ANOTHER pound, totally wiping out my whoosh. Buuuuuuuutttttttt then, it was down 2 pounds this morning. This is my pattern, and every time I think I'm moving beyond it, I get told that's not happening Which is why I never know what or when to report something here. Geeze, if you counted all my whooshes that have de-whooshed I'd have lost 50 pounds by now.

Had a bunless cheeseburger and a side salad for lunch. Think I'm going to have a BLT on TJ's sprouted wheat bread tonight, or maybe order a JJs. We'll see how lazy I am. TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That whoosh/unwhoosh is maddening but you know YOU better than anyone else! Just keep sharing the details! It really helps to know what other people go through or how they react on their plan. Makes me feel a lot less out of the ordinary! Thank you for that! And the TJ's bread is on it's way, DD is bringing some to me later today! YAY!

Quote:

yea if I lost cable also we would have to evacuate HAHA
I do all my banking online, transfer money all the time and work online also. 1.5 days was rough but I lived.
I'm learning to be okay when the net goes down....now electric? OH NO. I start to panic about the food in the fridge and the freezer...

Quote:
Lawmom - good for you for getting right back on track after the Mexican etc. I hope you had a good day today. I always stick with fajitas at Mexican restaurants - no rice, no beans, no tortillas. Usually I get ones they call "creamy" or "con queso" depending on the restuarant, which has a cheese sauce. Makes things simple, but then those tortillas chips and salsa are staring at me. I do usually eat a few, but for the most part I been good at stopping myself before it gets to be "too many".

Trigger - Congrats on the loss! One good week and you will be solidly in onderland!

Blue Skies - good that you recognize your loss pattern. Two pounds is great! I had sort of the same pattern the past couple of weeks, but usually I am more slow and steady.

Jaded, Stynger, and everyone else - have a great weekend!

My 240 has stuck! I was 239.4 this morning, so down another 0.4, and 240 when I weighed myself this afternoon. So I am claiming 60 lbs. gone!

I am going to need to buy some new summer clothes (again). I am now 8 lbs. down from when I bought new clothes for work about a month ago. I thought my 3X capris from last summer would be fine for casual use this summer, but only two of them still look ok. The rest just look sloppy. And most of the casual shirts I have are too big too. I think I'll hit the second hand stores this time and see if I can find any great deals.

Today's food:

Breakfast
Atkins Advantage - Advantage Milk Chocolate Delight Shake

Lunch
Mcdonald's - Double Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese, No Bun
Mcdonald's - Diet Coke (Medium)

Dinner
Low carb chocolate peanut butter cup (fat bombs), 2
Plain Deep Fried Chicken Wing, 8 section
Mrs Dash - Salt Free Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend, 1 tsp

Snacks
Arizona - Arnold Palmer Half & Half Powder Stix, 1 Packet

While I hate the idea of counting calories, the past few days I have been entering my food right after I eat supper. By some miracle it seems that I eat right about 1500 calories nearly every day. Since I seem to be losing well at that level, it has motivated me to avoid evening snacking. Is this counting calories? I don't know...but it's working for me so I will stick to it for now!

ETA: Just realized I didn't have any vegetables at all today, unless you count the 3 pickle slices and a few chopped onions on the burger. Ooops....
Keep up the GREAT work! You seem to be really in touch with your food intake, like an intuition! It's sure working!

Quote:
Hey Trigger---can't tell you how much I appreciate you letting me know that my bounce pattern would cause you "to blow a gasket." That lets me know how hard I've had to work to not let this pattern deflate and defeat me. And yes, I HAVE worked really hard at that.

I absolutely NEVER just STICK and stay there, and not only do I not STICK, I can freaking count on the fact that NO whoosh is EVER here to stay, and that it will ALWAYS be taken back from me, and will ALWAYS bounce back up. This last week was one of the worst examples of that---although in the end, not an oz. outside of what Phinney and Voleck call the average amt of pounds that can be due to water weight. 4.

Of course, it is also true that the trend of my weight loss IS good, if slow, over the long view. But geepers creepers, sometimes it is so hard not to have more immediate gratification.

Anywho, I guess I'm taking a lot of words to say, I'm kind of blue about all this tonight. I'm a fighter and it's hard for me to say when I'm down.

But I am down tonight, regarding my woe. Everyone else here has said so at one time or another. And I need to learn to say so too.

I'm discouraged tonight. Tomorrow is another enchilada. We'll see what it brings, but it is a relief sometimes not to have to be so optimistic.
We have all been where you are right now, and you can YOU here. We get it, completely. Just know that it will pass, and there will be days when you are so up you'll hardly recognize yourself

Quote:
Blue--one thing I know in this life that nothing you truly want to achieve will come easy

We all have to learn that and be happy thru the process. Not let it ever make us 'blue' heeheee

You know that pattern and did work hard to stay true thru it. That is so important. You are a fighter. But you also know that once you learn that pattern, the way your body wants to let loose of the weight, you stick long term and you will get'er done.

You need to smile. You are rocking it down the scale. A weird way, lol, but you are getting it accomplished. You are way ahead of many others who haven't even started their journey. You keep on rocking!!
This, this and this!

Quote:
loss of like .2 or .4 on the scale.

eh. it is down a bit and I will take that

today is easy day I think. not hungry at all this morning. got that calm feeling. bit of chores, laundry, deliver some work to a store and then I am laying in the sun on the porch and swimming.

I got myself a mess of chicken wings cooked up. I will be eating those and tonight I have a small pork roast. some veg and stuff thru the day. But today feels like one of those easily controlled days. I HOPE I get thru fine.

everyone keep plodding along.
Mmmm chicken wings? Now you gave me the hungries lol

[quote=Trigger828;16471414][QUOTE=Mistizoom;16471060]While I hate the idea of counting calories, the past few days I have been entering my food right after I eat supper. By some miracle it seems that I eat right about 1500 calories nearly every day. Since I seem to be losing well at that level, it has motivated me to avoid evening snacking. Is this counting calories? I don't know...but it's working for me so I will stick to it for now!

Quote:

If you are tracking most of the forms will fill in the calories anyway. even on the atkins site it will post the calories.

I think knowing your calorie area is important. Gives you a basis. If you gravitate up in eating, maybe 3-400 cals. and start to slow, then you can back down to your losing calorie number again.

Also knowing your calorie counts are important when adding back in carbs when we get more toward maintenance. those higher carb foods can easily add up your calorie count alot faster. So if we choose to indulge, knowing your cal. counts keeps you in line.
Hey all, I think I blew up the multiquote button!
Lots of housework done today....stayed on plan. My weight is unchanged for the past four days, counting today. My menu is not planned yet....I will update in a bit!
Keep up the FANTASTIC work!
Old 06-15-2013, 01:41 PM   #1099
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon, all.

Thanks for all of your encouraging words.

Feeling better today. I had a few nights of bad sleep leading up to yesterday, and I was very tired but couldn't sleep when I posted. Hate that. I lose my perspective when I'm tired. Finally got to sleep late late, but also slept late, so I'm feeling refreshed.

When I started this woe, for health reasons first, vanity second, I swore I wouldn't let the scale boss my moods. And I've been pretty good at that. But this last week's crazy bounce around just got to me, finally.

This morning I was up 3/4 of a pound. Honest to God, you'd think I was secretly locking myself in the closet with big bowls of macaroni and cheese or 2 feet long baguettes---not to say the idea doesn't have some appeal.

Oh well, it is what it is. Pout/pitty fest over. Onward.

BLT salad for lunch w/my favey french dressing. Brats for dinner, and I'm going to make some clam dip to w/cauli florets as a side dish. I'm learning to eat things together I wouldn't have thought of before this woe. Always on the look out for interesting LC side dishes besides a salad.

Stynger---let me know what you think of the TJ's sprouted bread. And yes, it helps me to read of others efforts, good days and bad days. We're not alone in this, and that's a good and motivating feeling.

Misti---I log carbs and calories. I find it helpful. Just more info. But the carbs are my priority. Usually I come in the right range for calories, sometimes, more, sometimes less, but my log tells me w/a couple of exceptions, that I am not overeating.

Trigger --- You got this right: "if you stick to it you'll get 'er done." Been around long enough to know that persistence is the most important talent. It really is.

Gloomy day here, AGAIN, but I actually don't mind. Going to curl up on the sofa and watch some good TV w/hubby. Looking back at it, last week's work and social obligations seem to have just pooped me out. My house is a mess and there's all kinds of things that need to get done. Oh well, I don't care.
Old 06-16-2013, 05:43 AM   #1100
Major LCF Poster!

Blue Skies - glad you were feeling better yesterday. Both you and I are in this for health first, but the weight loss is still an important factor.

Stynger - Housework is good exercise...wish I could find the motivation. Probably not today though!

Trigger - I know calories are important, I just don't like it! However I finally figured out this morning, after MONTHS of being irritated with my tracker because it thought I should be consuming like 150 g carbs a day, that I can customize the nutrient and calorie levels! Woo hoo. So now I have a real carb, protein and fat goal instead of having to ignore those. I am still planning on entering "retroactively" for the most part for now. Don't want to mess with a good thing.

Went to see Man of Steel yesterday in 3D. It was good. I had some of my son's popcorn, maybe 1 cup total at most. And my calories and carbs were fine yesterday! In fact because all I had for lunch was 2 fat bombs, the popcorn, and a diet pepsi my calories were lower than usual yesterday. I'm now at 238 lbs., so I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing.

DH got a new wood-fired grill from my parents for Father's Day (good thing I didn't buy him a gas grill that I was thinking of) so maybe we'll get some steaks today, if it doesn't rain. It's not supposed to but it looks pretty gray out right now.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #1101
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

YUM on those steaks. You know they will be fab. hope the weather treats you good.

I am the same on the scale. I feel a whoosh coming I will eat light and clean today and I know it has to drop nicely for me. I need more lbs. away from the 2s. still too close for my comfort.

all well. off to mom and dads to swim at the lake today. celebrate fathers day tonight. hubby has to work today. bleck.

everyone enjoy this great sunday. sunny and HOT here. great swim weather!

I bought a new bathing suit. 2 sizes smaller than the last ones I am still wearing. WEE.

I have a long torso. those suits are hard to find even on the internet. So I buy sizes a bit bigger to give me length without the stupid suit coming up short and being pulled tight in the straps. My last ones were size 22. Now I bought size 18. Believe me that is a good sign for me in suits even though I am wearing a 14 pant. eh, sizes. hate them
Old 06-16-2013, 07:19 AM   #1102
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OH

and STYNGER wins the award for LONGEST POST anyone has ever seen LOL
Old 06-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #1103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Good afternoon, all.

Thanks for all of your encouraging words.

Feeling better today. I had a few nights of bad sleep leading up to yesterday, and I was very tired but couldn't sleep when I posted. Hate that. I lose my perspective when I'm tired. Finally got to sleep late late, but also slept late, so I'm feeling refreshed.

When I started this woe, for health reasons first, vanity second, I swore I wouldn't let the scale boss my moods. And I've been pretty good at that. But this last week's crazy bounce around just got to me, finally.

This morning I was up 3/4 of a pound. Honest to God, you'd think I was secretly locking myself in the closet with big bowls of macaroni and cheese or 2 feet long baguettes---not to say the idea doesn't have some appeal.

Oh well, it is what it is. Pout/pitty fest over. Onward.

BLT salad for lunch w/my favey french dressing. Brats for dinner, and I'm going to make some clam dip to w/cauli florets as a side dish. I'm learning to eat things together I wouldn't have thought of before this woe. Always on the look out for interesting LC side dishes besides a salad.

Stynger---let me know what you think of the TJ's sprouted bread. And yes, it helps me to read of others efforts, good days and bad days. We're not alone in this, and that's a good and motivating feeling.

Misti---I log carbs and calories. I find it helpful. Just more info. But the carbs are my priority. Usually I come in the right range for calories, sometimes, more, sometimes less, but my log tells me w/a couple of exceptions, that I am not overeating.

Trigger --- You got this right: "if you stick to it you'll get 'er done." Been around long enough to know that persistence is the most important talent. It really is.

Gloomy day here, AGAIN, but I actually don't mind. Going to curl up on the sofa and watch some good TV w/hubby. Looking back at it, last week's work and social obligations seem to have just pooped me out. My house is a mess and there's all kinds of things that need to get done. Oh well, I don't care.
Okay, now clam dip is on my radar! LOL My DD called me from TJ's. She couldn't find the 4 net carb version so I told her just bring me the Sprouted Multigrain bread anyway. It's similar in count to the SL but has to be a bit better! I've learned to keep the SL in the fridge...it gives it more density, and it isn't so floppy.

Quote:
Blue Skies - glad you were feeling better yesterday. Both you and I are in this for health first, but the weight loss is still an important factor.

Stynger - Housework is good exercise...wish I could find the motivation. Probably not today though!

Trigger - I know calories are important, I just don't like it! However I finally figured out this morning, after MONTHS of being irritated with my tracker because it thought I should be consuming like 150 g carbs a day, that I can customize the nutrient and calorie levels! Woo hoo. So now I have a real carb, protein and fat goal instead of having to ignore those. I am still planning on entering "retroactively" for the most part for now. Don't want to mess with a good thing.

Went to see Man of Steel yesterday in 3D. It was good. I had some of my son's popcorn, maybe 1 cup total at most. And my calories and carbs were fine yesterday! In fact because all I had for lunch was 2 fat bombs, the popcorn, and a diet pepsi my calories were lower than usual yesterday. I'm now at 238 lbs., so I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing.

DH got a new wood-fired grill from my parents for Father's Day (good thing I didn't buy him a gas grill that I was thinking of) so maybe we'll get some steaks today, if it doesn't rain. It's not supposed to but it looks pretty gray out right now.

Have a great day everyone!
Keep up the good work! Every notch on our belts is the push to keep it going!

Quote:
YUM on those steaks. You know they will be fab. hope the weather treats you good.

I am the same on the scale. I feel a whoosh coming I will eat light and clean today and I know it has to drop nicely for me. I need more lbs. away from the 2s. still too close for my comfort.

all well. off to mom and dads to swim at the lake today. celebrate fathers day tonight. hubby has to work today. bleck.

everyone enjoy this great sunday. sunny and HOT here. great swim weather!

I bought a new bathing suit. 2 sizes smaller than the last ones I am still wearing. WEE.

I have a long torso. those suits are hard to find even on the internet. So I buy sizes a bit bigger to give me length without the stupid suit coming up short and being pulled tight in the straps. My last ones were size 22. Now I bought size 18. Believe me that is a good sign for me in suits even though I am wearing a 14 pant. eh, sizes. hate them
Fantastic on the bathing suit size! Doesn't that feel GREAT????

Quote:
OH

and STYNGER wins the award for LONGEST POST anyone has ever seen LOL
LMAO! You guys were the ones who finally taught me how to multiquote. Now I need a lesson in 'snip for space' LOLOLOL I was shaking my head as I was typing that post, told my DD on the phone to give me a few minutes, I was gonna get lost in that mess of quotes LOL

Happy Father's Day to all of us and all our Dad's, husbands, brothers, step Dad's and anyone who stepped up to the plate

My weight is the same. But a funny thing happened....I have been CRAVING my grandmother's Black Joe Cake with coffee in it and mayo....It was a wicked craving, so I was at the same weight for four days and thought oh what the heck, I'm gonna have that cake and shake up my metabolism. I didn't have all the ingredients for the whole recipe, but I did have enough to do an 8 x 8 pan. I made it, it smelled so good. I actually went hog wild and made some buttercream frosting....I cut a piece last night. The first bite was GOOD. And then I was over it LOLOL I didn't eat the whole slice! I'm still amazed at that. It is the same cake I have loved all my life, but it was just sickenly sweet! All that craving, all that fuss and ....NUTTIN
I was back on track right after that forkful! That has NEVER happened to me in the past. I have been so afraid to go off plan thinking I'd just fall so off the wagon that I would have a horrible time getting back, but it didn't happen! And I didn't gain an ounce either, thankfully!
I'm working today for my son so that he has Father's Day off. Then back here to relax. I have a marathon week ahead of me.
I hope you all have an incredible day with your families!
I will gladly accept the longest post award....you should hear me talk in person...yak yak yak yak...Ya know, pretty much the way I post LOL
Have a great one all!
Old 06-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #1104
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning gals.

Misti --- I resisted counting calories at first, too many memories of diets past.But now I'm used to it, no biggie, and like I said, not my priority. In fact, last weekend when I had so many parties to go to, I was able to make an adequate count on my carbs because I was eating so few of them. But there were so many foods, from appetizers up, it would have been a pain in the butt to try to figure out the calories, and when it was all prepared by someone else w/no convenient calorie info. So I just wrote under calories in my log, "Party day, who the hell knows?

Might be going to a movie today too, and that's what I plan on. One cup of popcorn, a kernel at a time.

Trigger --- Oh brother, swimsuits. Makes trying on pants seem fun in comparison. I'm very tall - 5'11"! I've tried on swimsuits that I swear were an inch from boomeranging me right through the roof---so stretched were they from shoulders to crotch. Big congrats on being in a smaller size this year. And I must say honey, since I've joined LCOW, (I just noticed that acronym says L-cow. Little cow?! We might have to rethink our name.
I have never seen you so calm, happy and confident in your woe as you are now. And successful! WTGG!

Stygner --- I love chatty people, I'm one myself. But if you want to snip a quote all you have to do is blue out the lines you don't need and click on delete. Just be sure you leave the "Quote" part on each end.

I know the feeling you're talking about when you realize you actually do have some control, and that you realize it wasn't as good as you remembered when it has to compete w/staying on plan---and the rewards of that.

And I'm not surprised the TJ sprouted wheat wasn't available for your daughter. I think these chains often get their breads from regional bakeries. But the one you named is I think about equal to SL carb ct., so it will be fine.

Well, the bummer on the scale continues. Up a pound today, or once again at the top of my endless 4 lb bounce down and up. At this point I'm kind of numb to it, just scratching my head. I always bounce down, but this has been a bit extreme.

I have made no changes in my woe I can think of. And, I'm not going to print out a daily menu on a thread in the main lobby and be told to cut out dairy, cheese, nuts, tomatoes, ASs, diet pop, and everything else besides meat and eggs. Nothing against those who do that and the wisdom of experience offered in reply, but that's why I'm here---the "my way" part.

I might lose weight faster if I cut out stuff, but I wouldn't stick to it, and I wouldn't be happy on it. I can maintain this woe the way it is, and that's the most important thing to me. So I guess on this journey I'm my body's
passenger and will just have to travel at its speed and live w/its ways.

Don't know about the menu for today yet. I'm not at all hungry after my BPC.
We can't decide whether to go out for dinner, or eat in. My mother and son will be w/us, so that's all that really matters. Hope y'all have a lovely day.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:37 PM   #1105
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying a wonderful Father's Day

I worked in place of my son today. One of his clients pulled a switch and needed some services today instead of the originally planned yesterday. I hated to think of him missing today with his little guy so I did it for him. He actually stopped by to thank me I love that boy. All six feet of him
Later on in the afternoon, my little grandson was really sick, fever, not drinking etc. so they've taken him down to the ER for a check up....little ones can get dehydrated so fast. I'm waiting to hear from them.

My menu today:
B: black coffee
L: nothing
S: so far, one avocado

I'm cooking down some homemade chicken broth which smells YUMMY. I always freeze a ton of it.

Well, time to strain the broth!
Old 06-16-2013, 05:28 PM   #1106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stynger----hope he is feeling better. little ones do dehydrate fast. Hope all news is good news!

Funny about that yummy black joe cake. I JUST SAID to my hubby not 10 minutes ago that I got some chinese for kiddo the other day. I had one piece of general chicken and stopped. I 'thought' I was going to dive into it, but after that one piece, my entire desire for it was GONE. I KNOW my tastes are changing. Slow but sure same with you. it does feel good doesn't it? She just had her third meal from that small lunch plate and finally that stinky chinese is gone from the fridge HAHA
Old 06-16-2013, 05:33 PM   #1107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Nothing against those who do that and the wisdom of experience offered in reply, but that's why I'm here---the "my way" part.

I might lose weight faster if I cut out stuff, but I wouldn't stick to it, and I wouldn't be happy on it. I can maintain this woe the way it is, and that's the most important thing to me. So I guess on this journey I'm my body's
passenger and will just have to travel at its speed and live w/its ways.

Don't know about the menu for today yet. I'm not at all hungry after my BPC.
We can't decide whether to go out for dinner, or eat in. My mother and son will be w/us, so that's all that really matters. Hope y'all have a lovely day.
YOU SAID IT BLUE! 'my way'. when someone posts a menu on the big board and it is pulled apart, use 2 less tablespoons of HWC, eat no cheese, do this and not that. THAT to me is not a way of eating for life. It is restriction at its worst. (unless real medical troubles that hinder) I firmly believe that eating better, cleaner, less, and smart is the way to get down the scale and TRULY make it a way of life long term.

what surprises me also on the big board is when I see what people are eating, it is really nothing. alot of people eat hardly anything thru the day. menus do surprise me on this low carb main lobby. I eat way more and better and lose weight. eh, might be a bit slower, but I still enjoy my life and eat like I want. but some might really enjoy eating like that but I noticed WE WHO do it our way don't complain as much as the ones that do eat that way LOL but everyone in the end gotta do what they gotta do

5'11---then ya know what I am talking about in swimsuits. boomerang LOL that is funny.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:07 PM   #1108
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Evening all

My little grandson has an ear and throat infection....the ER docs and nurses were wonderful to him, started him on some antibiotics and even gave him two Gund stuffed animals They just got home a bit ago. He's worn out and sleeping a lot. Thank heavens they took him to get checked before he felt worse!

I've had my avocado and really am too tired to eat LOL OMG did I just type that? Unreal. I have a long day tomorrow, a long week, in fact, but I'm not complaining. Thank God for the work!

Have a wonderful evening/night. I'll get caught up here when I get home tomorrow evening.

Everyone is doing great! Keep it up! You all motivate me so much!
Old 06-16-2013, 06:10 PM   #1109
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jericrop
Stats: 187/178/160
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: June 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by StyngerIsAScorpio View Post
Evening all

My little grandson has an ear and throat infection....the ER docs and nurses were wonderful to him, started him on some antibiotics and even gave him two Gund stuffed animals They just got home a bit ago. He's worn out and sleeping a lot. Thank heavens they took him to get checked before he felt worse!

I've had my avocado and really am too tired to eat LOL OMG did I just type that? Unreal. I have a long day tomorrow, a long week, in fact, but I'm not complaining. Thank God for the work!

Have a wonderful evening/night. I'll get caught up here when I get home tomorrow evening.

Everyone is doing great! Keep it up! You all motivate me so much!
Hoping your grandson is feeling better soon.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:59 AM   #1110
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericrop View Post
Hoping your grandson is feeling better soon.
Thank you so much! He slept almost all night and hopefully today he'll feel better!

So much for well-laid plans. We had some crazy unexpected storms last night and it knocked out the power. I can't make myself fall asleep without my bipap machine so I didn't get to sleep till the way wee hours of this morning. My client rescheduled till tomorrow afternoon, so I'll be on a marathon tomorrow, not so much today. Not a problem, really, since I feel like I was pulled through a knothole backwards lol
I was sure I'd see a drop on the scale this AM but it's unchanged.... today I will try to eat more and see if that helps.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Closed Thread