Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 10:09 PM   #1051
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
But for me, I treated it like a diet last time, wanted to drop weight, period. I did not make the effort to read, research and learn for a lifestyle approach.
yea that rings so true with me also. it was all about losing weight, ANY WAY I COULD. and I did. but most people can't sustain that in maintenance.

this time it is losing slower, but eating good each day with hardly no deprivation that can drive me insane.

LC Crab cakes are fab. I make them now and they are so filling and decadent. great meal! Hope yours come out great!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 AM   #1052
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
Good morning all!
I have been crazy busy and am going to go back and read and then post. I wish you all a wonderful Saturday!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 AM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!

another bloat drop 1.5 lbs gone WEE!

it is going fast. scale was 201.6 this morning. So close to my ONEderland again

still working my moderate carb plan and it is treating me well.

happy saturday to ya Stynger!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:38 AM   #1054
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hi Stynger!

Congrats on the drop Trigger...it WILL be gone soon!

Up a tiny bit again today. I forgot to mention in my post last night that the big Netrition order I placed came in. I posted a month or so ago I had lots of LC chocolate in my shopping basket. Well this week I realized if I didn't order some now it would be too late to order before summer heat hits. So I ordered some chocolate. Yea, enough for the whole summer, and then some. I usually don't eat it, but I had a bit of a sample party last night. Oh well. I will try to control myself from here on out. Wii Fit says I did lose 1.1 lbs. since last Saturday , so I will take it. Less than 3 lbs. and my BMI will be below 40 for the first time in eons.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:34 AM   #1055
Major LCF Poster!

Misti --CONGRATS on that 1.1!! take any and all ya can get down the scale LOL I sure do!

chocolate. smart move. we gotta have some in our life. load up and eat it sparingly. I sure have choc. in the house at all times. believe me a bit of choc. when needed can keep me from going hog wild 'looking for that taste' I want
Old 06-08-2013, 08:43 AM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Trigger---good news on the drop! You're motoring right down again, and it seems your plan is really working for you, which is so great. What's so cool about it is it allows you more lee-way but keeps working. When I get to goal something like this might work for me, but since I'm carb intolerant/metabolic syndrome, don't know how many carbs I'll be able to add back in, will just have to find out. However, even going up into the 40-50 grams a day range would represent more possibilities.

Say, you and Misti mentioned you've made LC crab cakes. I need some tips. My crab cakes were, um, interesting. I followed the recipe, but they really fell apart in the frying, even though I cooled them for a half hour to "set." They were a mess, but they tasted pretty good. I checked out some other recipes and some add baking powder, or more eggs. My recipe called for one egg, a lb of lump crab, pork rinds, celery, shallot, mustard, bell pepper. Any suggestions?

Misti---Good going on the chocolate. I love Trader Joe's simply lite---dark chocolate and almonds. I have a square or two now and then, and it really scratches the itch. Excellent news too---just 3 lbs and the BMI goes below where it hasn't been in "eons." As the kids say, sweet! As I said above, if you have any tips on LC crab cakes, I'd sure appreciate it.

Stynger --- missed you this last day or two, good to see you here!

So today I have two parties to go to, and another one tomorrow night. A shower this afternoon, a birthday party tonight, and an Anniversary party tomorrow. No idea what will be served for food at any of them, so I'm just going to have to put my big girl
LC pants on, and make the best choices I can.

Thankfully I'm feeling pretty motivated. Yesterday I was up a pound from my lovely 3 lb whoosh, but today I'm back down 1.5 pounds. So all in all, it's over a three pound loss for me in this last week. Now that's yummy!
Old 06-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #1057
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Saturday all

Been feeling like a hamster on a wheel here. And I don't like it LOL

I've stayed on plan and as of today am down 17.2 pounds.
I accepted a very part-time second job which is definitely NOT working out. Suffice it to say it involves unloading a tractor trailer.... over 600 boxes of all sizes and weights, in less than three hours. I can't believe I did it or survived it on Thursday. That's the job one day a week, the other day is on the register but it's not for me.
Then I got a call from my DD who informed me that her husband wants to look into moving across the country I can't even talk about that. I'm hoping it doesn't happen but my reaction to it is much stronger than I ever imagined it would be.

I haven't eaten yet today but know that I need to. The lack of appetite is crazy and I know my metabolism is going to drop.... I did throw a corned beef brisket in the crockpot. I usually cook mine for two days. Put it in the fridge at night and then fire it back up for day two....
I also found a recipe for chicken parm meatballs and also creamed kale so that's the dinner menu....

I feel a bit disconnected here but am getting through the posts and updates here as I can today

I hope the weather where you all are is better than here....rain, rain and more rain...but at least we escaped the worst of tropical storm Andrea!

I miss 'meeting up' with you all here! I'm off now till Tuesday, which is a good thing so I'll be posting more.

Keep on keeping on! Be back later!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #1058
Major LCF Poster!

yea Blue having more carbs is a blessing. but I really do try to keep it 'more' toward real nature carbs vs. bread, candy etc. fruit. carbs aren't created equal to me. fruit carbs, no problem for me. bread carbs, oh yea, they do stick more to the waistline :P

when you do add in more carbs I recommend the things that don't effect you too much.
for me with experimenting, sugar free pudding has 11 nc per cup, but even if I eat 2 of them, 22 nc does not nearly effect me as if I ate a piece of garlic bread or such. So I do weigh and choice the best carbs that work with my body vs. against me. bread is mostly always against me LOL carbs from fried foods if sparingly, like fried jumbo shrimp, again, don't effect me as if I ate a load of potatoe chips.

trial and error on how the extra carbs effect you. after all this 'dieting' I can tell what I can and can't handle more and more so that helps me alot.

Blue be sure your crab is very dry. I pat mine super hard, then stick like a heavy pot on it while wrapped in paper towels. drier the crab the better. Then I used an LC receipe, but in the end, when I saw how 'loose' it was I added in 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. That was ONLY 21 NC and it made 4 big crab cakes. I ate 2. that was 5 nc per crab cake so in the end I ate 10 nc. and it didn't effect me much at all for a 'carby' feeling or anything at all. that little 1/4 cup made a huge diff in frying. AND fry SLOW. very slow. put them on and leave them. Don't touch. Let them dry a bit while frying and fry super crispy. Then turn them over and leave them alone again. I fry slow and long. Mine came out wonderful. ah, the taste. Super!!

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-08-2013 at 02:39 PM..
Old 06-08-2013, 02:41 PM   #1059
Major LCF Poster!

Ah Stynger. I bet hearing that possible move of DD across country whammed you hard. It would me if my kiddo wanted to go very far away. Hope the opportunity is great for your DD to go so far!

WOW unloading a tractor trailer fast. that is a workout
Old 06-09-2013, 03:55 AM   #1060
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
yea Blue having more carbs is a blessing. but I really do try to keep it 'more' toward real nature carbs vs. bread, candy etc. fruit. carbs aren't created equal to me. fruit carbs, no problem for me. bread carbs, oh yea, they do stick more to the waistline :P

when you do add in more carbs I recommend the things that don't effect you too much.
for me with experimenting, sugar free pudding has 11 nc per cup, but even if I eat 2 of them, 22 nc does not nearly effect me as if I ate a piece of garlic bread or such. So I do weigh and choice the best carbs that work with my body vs. against me. bread is mostly always against me LOL carbs from fried foods if sparingly, like fried jumbo shrimp, again, don't effect me as if I ate a load of potatoe chips.

trial and error on how the extra carbs effect you. after all this 'dieting' I can tell what I can and can't handle more and more so that helps me alot.

Blue be sure your crab is very dry. I pat mine super hard, then stick like a heavy pot on it while wrapped in paper towels. drier the crab the better. Then I used an LC receipe, but in the end, when I saw how 'loose' it was I added in 1/4 cup of bread crumbs. That was ONLY 21 NC and it made 4 big crab cakes. I ate 2. that was 5 nc per crab cake so in the end I ate 10 nc. and it didn't effect me much at all for a 'carby' feeling or anything at all. that little 1/4 cup made a huge diff in frying. AND fry SLOW. very slow. put them on and leave them. Don't touch. Let them dry a bit while frying and fry super crispy. Then turn them over and leave them alone again. I fry slow and long. Mine came out wonderful. ah, the taste. Super!!
Okay, now I have to have crabcakes

Quote:
Ah Stynger. I bet hearing that possible move of DD across country whammed you hard. It would me if my kiddo wanted to go very far away. Hope the opportunity is great for your DD to go so far!

WOW unloading a tractor trailer fast. that is a workout
Trigger, you are so right. I was a mess all day yesterday. My eyes are puffy and I have to work on not losing today being an emotional mess. IMO the possible job offer isn't even close to making the move worth it. I am just stunned, speechless and shaking my head. I have a feeling that it was a done deal the minute SIL mentioned it. He usually finagles a way to get what he wants....I have very strong feelings against this. If they go out there and DD isn't happy, it's not going to be easy to just head back east. I don't know if she realizes that....
I made myself eat last evening....chicken parm meatballs on SL bread with provolone and a tiny bit of red sauce. Pretty good! And creamed kale...YUM!
I'm down another 1.2 lbs for a total of 18.4....
I have been keeping a cheat day in the back of my mind but just can't bring myself to do it LOL That is so not like me
Thank you all for letting me share here, the 'stuff' that's been going on in my wacky life. Just typing it out helps sometimes. I think I need to find more things to keep me busy for a while until I know about the decision on the DD move to Colorado. I guess making your kids your life isn't such a totally wise decision...your goal is to raise them to be independent, happy humans...I just want them happy and independent no more than three hours away lol
I've been craving an Italian sub so I bought the 'guts' to make a sub salad...that's on the menu today. So far it's just black coffee.
I also have an avocado that needs to be eaten today as well.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday! I'm going to make this one, for sure!
Quick question...anyone here on Crestor? The doc wants me to try it for three months but I'm not a meds kinda person. Any experience or side effects or good results from it?
Be back in a bit....
Old 06-09-2013, 04:34 AM   #1061
Major LCF Poster!

Yea Stynger. I agree the move for a new job has to be SUPER before contemplating a long haul. It is not easy if you do want to come back, but if they just rent, it would be easier I guess the move is very exciting to them. new adventures etc. but hard on you. Nothing is in concrete, so hang in there. Might not happen but at least you got time to bring yourself around with the idea of them being far away if it does.

Hubby was on Crestor. Worked very well for him. No side effects that he experienced.
Dropped his chol. very quickly. he was on about 6 months or so, but he is off now and doing the usual things to control it. fish oil, eating better etc. When he needs to go back to the Doc for any reason, he will get new bloodwork and see if the diet change etc. is helping enough to keep him off meds now.

On the cheat day---don't allow that. Make a conscious decision to just eat something you want---be done with it---and don't go any further. Many days I had some food I considered off limits, higher carbs etc. and if I just ate that one item, I did well losing. It didn't destroy my plan. A 'real cheat day' to me means going hog wild, gaining a few lbs you have to lose again, and might make big cravings happen.

So it is easier to just have something you desperately might want and enjoy it but then just keep on plan.

for me it is pizza. 99% of the time I scrape off the toppings and eat that. one day I was wanting the crispy crust so darn bad. we went out and I ate 2 pieces of delish pizza with the crust. No guilt, no gain, but I was happy. I was sure to eat very light and clean thru the day knowing I was going to crust up. next time we had pizza I scraped off the tops again sometimes you just gotta enjoy yourself a little.

Last edited by Trigger828; 06-09-2013 at 04:35 AM..
Old 06-09-2013, 04:38 AM   #1062
Major LCF Poster!

all bloat vacation weight is gone. scale was 200.2 this morning. now time to hit ONEderland again and get this show on the road and get some lbs. off.

I leave July 16 for another beach trip. That gives me 5 weeks to lose well before leaving.

I am thinking about a few days of meat/eggs fast. hmm.. not sure if I wanna do it or not LOL
Old 06-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #1063
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hello everyone! Yesterday was a busy day. I walked yesterday morning, took my step-mom to get our nails done (I have been promising her since Mother's Day) then came back and went to the zoo with my husband, daughter and grandbabies. It was hot but fun. I actually was up about .5 lbs this morning but am convinced it is water weight because I really didn't eat much yesterday at all -- but also didn't drink much water (or anything else for that matter). Trying to drink some water today (that is a struggle for me). If I need any additional motivation I will look at the pics we took yesterday. Let's just say -- NOT FLATTERING.

@Blue skies, I think that you are on to something with the diet vs. life style change. The first time I seriously did LC, I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding. Every picture of me made me want to cry. I think up until that point I had my head buried in the sand and was in denial at how much I had let myself go through the years. I had been in a car accident and had back surgery in 2007 which just contributed to my problem. I avoided scales and pictures like the plague. However, that wedding was a wake up call.

I have a family history of diabetes and heart disease (both my mother and father are insulin dependent and have both had heart attacks/heart disease), but personally, have never had any problems with either. That being said, I know that if I don't control my eating now, it is just a matter of time.

There are a lot of posts on these board about nothing tasting as good as skinny feels ... HOWEVER, I don't think that saying applies for me. I wish it did, but it just truly doesn't. I do feel better and have more confidence at lower weights. I just wish I could make myself stop liking the foods that are bad for me and start liking the foods that are good for me... @Trigger, like you I think I am going to keep plodding through and hope that I get that "break through" one day.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #1064
Major LCF Poster!

So much interesting reading here this morning, love that!

Trigger---THANK YOU for the tips on the crab cakes. And I think you're SO RIGHT about the bread crumbs! For that amount of carbs why am I fooling around w/pork rinds and God knows what just to avoid a small amt of NCs? In fact, I could take my SL LC bread and make bread crumbs from that, or just stop obsessing and throw in any damn bread crumbs. And it is so FUN, watching you drop that vacation weight! I say it's going to be onederland again for you in no time at all.

Stynger--- I remember well when one of my best pals moved across the country when her husband got a job offer. It broke my heart. Thankfully we keep up well, love each other dearly and forever, and still maintain our great friendship. But no, it's not the same. But like Trigger said, we don't know this is a done deal yet, so maybe it won't happen. If it does life will change, but we do find ways to climb up and out of these things, and I know you will. Still, it's just plain poopy. OTOH, you're doing great on your woe! If you have a little treat to console yourself w/it's not the end of the world. But it's not going to give you that great feeling you get when you're on plan either.

lawmom---I don't think most of us ever have that "break through" or an AH- HA! moment in one big jolt. I think we evolve into it. I too LOVE carby foods. Love them. I don't look at this as giving them up forever, I look at it as making different choices, i.e., less of them. If I thought I could never enjoy any of these foods again, I'd probably jump off the wagon w/out a parachute.
But as you go deeper into this woe, you begin to experience its rewards, which then begin to compete w/the desire to go off plan. For me, just getting started was the hardest, because I had no rewards yet to help fight off the temptations.

The good news is, you're here w/us today, "plodding away" and it's not so bad, right? We can worry about tomorrow and next week when they get here. I'm just glad we're both hanging in there today.

Oh, and BTW---that little gain is definitely water weight. Keep in mind that the human body will fluctuate up to 4 pounds of water weight daily, and that's just the average.

ANOTHER dreary, cold day. Man, it's starting to get to me, making me cranky

Did pretty well at my parties yesterday. Had lots of cheese and sausage appetizers, some shrimp, a bun-less hot dog and hamburger, and one tiny serving of awesome potato salad. And my reward for saying no to 99% of all those temptations? A 3 lb GAIN this morning. I know it's just water weight and probably all the salt in the sausages and brat. Good thing I refuse to get bent out of shape about this, because if I did today, plus the weather and my general crabbiness, I might bite someone.

Tonight is our friend's wedding anniversary party, it's an annual thing and lots of fun. There'll be all kinds of good food there, lots of choice, so I think I'll be fine. Heck, maybe I can even gain another 3 lbs!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!

@Stynger: regarding your DD moving cross country. I dealt with that for about 3 months when my DD and her then BF but now Husband took a job doing insurance adjusting. The whole family went with him to "follow" the storms across the Northeast and ended up in Rhode Island -- we had no idea how long they would be gone. I was devastated too and also worried about their safety (at that time my grandson was about 9 months old). However, I will say that as hard as it was, it was okay. I am so happy that they are back here and settled in a town 12 miles from me, but we talked on the phone quite a bit. Also, remember that Skype is available now as well. With that being said, I know it breaks your heart in ways that only a mom's can. We want our babies to grow up to be healthy, happy, self-sufficient adults but it is bittersweet when we see them spread their wings and fly away... especially when our mom radar's are beeping that this is NOT the right thing. Kind of reminds me of the old Conway Twitty song "That's My Job" ... if it doesn't work out you will find a way to get her home. In the meantime, try to be as supportive as you can --- I have found out from experience that we can talk, scream, cry until we are blue in the face but sometimes the only thing that will teach is the "experience" if you know what I mean.

Last edited by lawmom; 06-09-2013 at 02:11 PM..
Old 06-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #1066
Major LCF Poster!

AH psst Blue--that 3 gain will be gone in no time

yea sodium is a killer. I don't worry about sodium anymore. Cause honestly there is no way we are gaining 3 lbs of real fat from one day of eating. or me, 6.2 lbs from 2 days of wild eating. So we are always good to never let those stupid gains take any power from us.

but man when you rock the boat and don't fix your own meals, the scale always says---stay home and eat fresh homecooked meals ya moron HAHA --at least mine tells me that.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:35 AM   #1067
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Want to say CONGRATS to all that have lost this weekend !!!! Happy Dance for you all. I might have, I did do well for the most oart. I got off one meal on sunday is all. I am right back on this morning,though. I made the DH some Mac and cheese and ended up eating a cup of it. Not too bad.Hope everyone has a great day !!!
Old 06-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #1068
Major LCF Poster!

Jaded---Mac and cheese is definitely my idea of a worthwhile treat off plan. My husband's recipe is just the best, handed down from my mother and doctored up w/crispy buttered bread crumbs on top. One of these days I'm going to ask him to make it w/Dreamfields pasta, but not till I'm closer to goal, because there's no way I'm going to end up eating just one cup! No, I'm pretty sure I'd dive rather than tip toe in.

Trigger---yeah, I know, the 3 lbs will go, although it's still hanging on like a little beast today. No problem. I'm home all day, drinking lots of water and eating well on plan. And you're so right, it's MUCH easier to do this at home. But I figure I have to learn to eat out and party on this woe too, as I have no intention of giving up restaurants and parties.

And on that note, our party last night was so lovely. It was on the river here, overlooking the downtown skyline. The sun came out just as the party began and this place had a beautiful outdoor patio. So many friends, and good people, and of course, good food. I did fine, my only treat was two appetizers of small melba like toast, w/honey, roasted pear, and goat cheese on top. They were seriously good. Another appetizer was watermelon cubes topped w/cilantro, a small dollop of some yummy cheese and a roasted nut, also seriously good. And very different. Other than that, I walked the line and stayed Low carb.

I made a delish lunch today, thanks to a recipe from a poster here. I LOVE oysters. Took a half of a cream cheese block, softened it, and put it in the food processor w/a can of oysters, lemon juice a dash of worcestershire, and several dashes of hot sauce, I love hot. Then I spread it on endive leaves. Totally Yum for me. AND, just to note, endive leaves make GREAT dippers. They have a delicate flavor and a nice crunch, plus a natural place for the dip to sit in.

Hubby is out of town, not sure what I'm going to do for dinner. Might order a Jimmy John's unwich, just don't know yet. Not at all hungry right now. That dip is rich and I'm very satisfied.

Hope Monday is treating everyone well.
Old 06-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #1069
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hello all!

I need to thank you all for being such a blessing to me the last several days as I deal with the possible cross country move of my daughter. I had no idea it would hit me like it did, but in all honesty, your words here made me feel so much better. Just knowing you get it and took the time to share your thoughts and feelings was HUGE for me. Thank you all so so so much.
I hope you all are having an incredible start to the week, no matter if the scale says gain, loss or same! The fact that we all keep coming here and keep on our own chosen path is what it's all about!
I've stayed on plan which shocks me LOL I keep going one day at a time. My weight this morning was unchanged, and that's good. I don't get crazy anymore when I don't see a continuous loss and then bail. I'm growing, I guess lol
I am really missing some high carb foods but I just keep telling myself that after I drop another 20 lbs I can do a meal from that group. So far, so good
I also think that if I do hit a long stall I'll up my carbs to shake up my metabolism a bit. I have no idea why it works for me but it gives me a whoosh the next morning.
I have a chicken roasting in the oven and I cooked some corned beef brisket in the crock pot.
The weekend was not good for me, emotionally and I wasn't good company, even online But I'm in a better place today and needed to let you all know how very sweet you all are. Don't ever think that your words don't hit the heart. They do.
You all are blessings. Don't ever doubt that. And it has not one thing to do with what you eat, what you weigh or anything else. You're good stuff
Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!

Stynger, keep in mind, MANY people must up carbs a bit to lose weight better. Some people's bodies work 'better' with a 'teeny' bit higher carb count then they are eating most days.

every physical body is so different and will process foods so different. SO IF you are noticing a bit more loss with upping carbs a tiny bit---you might want to very slowly incorporate a few more into your day.

you might be one of those that upping the carbs a bit is a great reaction for your body.

Many posts throught the forums will suprise me sometimes. Like--I ate about 30 nc tops per day and lost but not great. then I upped my carbs to 40-45 net carbs and started losing wonderful. Blows my mind, but I have to remember that each person's body has different processing to foods.

Not getting crazy over the scale is a great thing also. I am in a good place wiht the scale now too I think when we finally accept that we have to change our eating to healthier options for life, the scale bounces don't matter as much. We know we are eating better, the losses will come!!
Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #1071
Major LCF Poster!

Stynger---yeah, isn't it a shock when you stay on plan when you could have sworn you'd have jumped off as if you had built in elastic in your legs?! I'm sure I don't speak for just myself when I say I love having you here. You jumped right in here w/so much enthusiasm I was instantly attracted to you. You've got a fighting spirit girl, and even if you're feeling a bit down and out now, I know you're going to be fine in the end, no matter what happens. Which doesn't mean that journey will be easy. I'm just so happy to see you not take it out on yourself by undoing all the good work you've done on your woe. Sometimes if we can keep just one little corner of our world in control it helps w/all those others not in our control.

OMG gals, I LOVED my dinner. Didn't do the JJs. Instead I found something in the freezer I bought at Trader Joes. Firecracker Shrimp. Fried up half the bag, w/the sauce, and oh, it was absolutely delicious for about 15 carbs. In fact, I can't believe it was that good for so few carbs. It's VERY lightly breaded, just enough to make it super crispy when fried. And the sauce was excellent.

Some days I feel like I'm eating like a queen on this woe.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:10 PM   #1072
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Quote:

all bloat vacation weight is gone. scale was 200.2 this morning. now time to hit ONEderland again and get this show on the road and get some lbs. off.

I leave July 16 for another beach trip. That gives me 5 weeks to lose well before leaving.

I am thinking about a few days of meat/eggs fast. hmm.. not sure if I wanna do it or not LOL
Congrats on the loss! I know you'll see Onderland soon. I am going away for a few days for July 4th, and then for two weeks to my parents in early August. I will need to work on a plan for staying on plan when not at home!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawmom View Post
There are a lot of posts on these board about nothing tasting as good as skinny feels ... HOWEVER, I don't think that saying applies for me. I wish it did, but it just truly doesn't. I do feel better and have more confidence at lower weights. I just wish I could make myself stop liking the foods that are bad for me and start liking the foods that are good for me... @Trigger, like you I think I am going to keep plodding through and hope that I get that "break through" one day.
I can relate lawmom. I don't get too tempted by high carb foods any more, but I tend to want eat just because, sort of a boredom thing. So for me even if I stick with LC foods it is easy to overeat, and every day I seem to be telling myself...am I really hungry? Do I really need to eat this? It's hard to see the long term goal when I feel very far off....on the other hand I know I need to stick with this for life, so I try not to worry too much about the little ups and downs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Want to say CONGRATS to all that have lost this weekend !!!! Happy Dance for you all. I might have, I did do well for the most oart. I got off one meal on sunday is all. I am right back on this morning,though. I made the DH some Mac and cheese and ended up eating a cup of it. Not too bad.Hope everyone has a great day !!!
Good for you for getting back on track Jaded!

Quote:
OMG gals, I LOVED my dinner. Didn't do the JJs. Instead I found something in the freezer I bought at Trader Joes. Firecracker Shrimp. Fried up half the bag, w/the sauce, and oh, it was absolutely delicious for about 15 carbs. In fact, I can't believe it was that good for so few carbs. It's VERY lightly breaded, just enough to make it super crispy when fried. And the sauce was excellent.

Your meals always sound so interesting Blue Skies! Plus you go to more parties in a month than I have gone to in several years! I guess DH and I aren't very social. I actually had JJ's for lunch today for the first time in a while. It was good, as usual.

Stynger - sorry you're having a rough time with the job and your daughter's possible move. I must say when I was younger I never really thought about how my parents would feel when I moved away. I first moved all the way across the country, and I'm now half way across the country from them. If I could do it over I probably would have stayed closer in the first place. We live near my husband's family though, which is nice at least.

Scale not moving much right now. But I do want to hit 240 sooner rather than later. Hoping for a whoosh this week.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:19 AM   #1073
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Stynger, keep in mind, MANY people must up carbs a bit to lose weight better. Some people's bodies work 'better' with a 'teeny' bit higher carb count then they are eating most days.

every physical body is so different and will process foods so different. SO IF you are noticing a bit more loss with upping carbs a tiny bit---you might want to very slowly incorporate a few more into your day.

you might be one of those that upping the carbs a bit is a great reaction for your body.

Many posts throught the forums will suprise me sometimes. Like--I ate about 30 nc tops per day and lost but not great. then I upped my carbs to 40-45 net carbs and started losing wonderful. Blows my mind, but I have to remember that each person's body has different processing to foods.

Not getting crazy over the scale is a great thing also. I am in a good place wiht the scale now too I think when we finally accept that we have to change our eating to healthier options for life, the scale bounces don't matter as much. We know we are eating better, the losses will come!!
Trigger, I think you are so right! My weight is unchanged again today, not a problem, but I think upping my carbs a bit is a plan. My hunger has been totally satisfied this time around so I will add 'smart' carbs and see how my body reacts.

Quote:
Stynger---yeah, isn't it a shock when you stay on plan when you could have sworn you'd have jumped off as if you had built in elastic in your legs?! I'm sure I don't speak for just myself when I say I love having you here. You jumped right in here w/so much enthusiasm I was instantly attracted to you. You've got a fighting spirit girl, and even if you're feeling a bit down and out now, I know you're going to be fine in the end, no matter what happens. Which doesn't mean that journey will be easy. I'm just so happy to see you not take it out on yourself by undoing all the good work you've done on your woe. Sometimes if we can keep just one little corner of our world in control it helps w/all those others not in our control.

Blue, thank you! You've got me feeling very energized already this morning! I feel the warmth here. I think the idea that we all come here to do our WOE in our way is the foundation that spreads the welcoming and accepting/understanding nature of the group I'm hanging in there, and keeping my plan on track is definitely an anchor! I want a TJ's here! Not much luck of that, but I keep wishing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Congrats on the loss! I know you'll see Onderland soon. I am going away for a few days for July 4th, and then for two weeks to my parents in early August. I will need to work on a plan for staying on plan when not at home!

I can relate lawmom. I don't get too tempted by high carb foods any more, but I tend to want eat just because, sort of a boredom thing. So for me even if I stick with LC foods it is easy to overeat, and every day I seem to be telling myself...am I really hungry? Do I really need to eat this? It's hard to see the long term goal when I feel very far off....on the other hand I know I need to stick with this for life, so I try not to worry too much about the little ups and downs.

Good for you for getting back on track Jaded!

Your meals always sound so interesting Blue Skies! Plus you go to more parties in a month than I have gone to in several years! I guess DH and I aren't very social. I actually had JJ's for lunch today for the first time in a while. It was good, as usual.

Stynger - sorry you're having a rough time with the job and your daughter's possible move. I must say when I was younger I never really thought about how my parents would feel when I moved away. I first moved all the way across the country, and I'm now half way across the country from them. If I could do it over I probably would have stayed closer in the first place. We live near my husband's family though, which is nice at least.

Scale not moving much right now. But I do want to hit 240 sooner rather than later. Hoping for a whoosh this week.
It's like you're reading my mind on a lot of things! I have realized that this time around I am way in tune with when I'm hungry and not. The foods I'm eating are wonderful, and good, but I don't want to gorge or overeat....well, I have to tell ya that I roasted a chicken for dinner and you'd have sworn I was eating something wicked! It was a simple buttery roasted chicken but it was HEAVEN!
I did munch on some strawberries last evening, like potato chips....I didn't eat a bucket full but I did keep popping them in my mouth for a while lol I knew that if I saw a gain this morning I had done it myself and had nothing to gripe about!

Lawmom, I know what you mean about still liking high carb foods. I have no idea if it's because I've been doing my own cooking and really checking out recipes here and other places, but I'm liking the lower carb foods more this time than ever before. In the past I never fiddled with foods, recipes and stuff. I was so basic and the foods I ate were low carb but they didn't satisfy my taste buds. For example, I made chicken parm meatballs with provolone and a small bit of sauce. It really satisfied me and has gotten rid of the carby meatball sub craving. I need flavor to keep me satisfied. I'm over the days of Spartan meat, fish eggs with no bells and whistles.

It's a beautiful morning here! We had a tornado warning here last night, around 11 pm. Thank God I left the tv on when I went to bed. Let me tell you, I came up out of bed like a rocket hit me in the hind quarters! It never materialized in a dangerous way, thank God, but it took me a few hours to get back to sleep.
I have a job interview this morning, so wish me luck. I tried the other job, it was a no go, so we'll see how this goes. It's for a second part-time job and I'd love to have it.
I haven't worked out my menu yet but I do have several options, including leftover chicken...yum!
Have any of you tried the Trader Joe's Sprouted Bread, at 4 net carbs? If so, what's your verdict? Go or no?
I hope all of you have a wonderful Tuesday!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 AM   #1074
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning everyone! Happy to report the scale is creeping but at least it is still creeping in the right direction (200.8 this morning).

Stynger: good luck on the interview! I also like flavor but have never been a big "veggie" fan. I experiment on the weekends with cooking but tend to be VERY lazy during the week. I also made meatballs for one of my OAMC meals awhile back. They were really good the first day. However, there is just something about my taste buds because to me meat never tastes "right" when I reheat it...

Well I had better get off here and get ready for work. My uncle passed away and I have to leave early for family visitation. Then I have to drive down to my mom's Wednesday because my step-dad is having a bypass surgery and my mom is in the mid stages of Fronto-temporal dementia so she needs the family with her.... Anyway, I may not be on much for a few days, so hope everyone has a great week, stays on their plan, and that the "whoosh" fairy is kind to us all
Old 06-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #1075
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I'm a foodie for sure. Not for the fancy of it, Hubby and I just both love good food---although wouldn't you know he's Jack Sprat, and I'm the wife. Keeping my LC woe interesting has definitely been my goal this time, as boredom w/it was one of the major reasons I slid off the wagon last time.

The Hubs and I spent much of the winter in front of the fire and the TV, reading, eating or watching---in fact we began to wonder if our friends had forgotten us, but no, they were just hiding from winter too. Come spring and everyone comes out to play, so yeah, that's as many parties all together as I've been to in a long time too. And tonight's my husband's Birthday, so we're out to meet friends again. Actually, that's why I like winter, things slow down and get cozy, and then I like spring when they rev up again.

I too am stuck on the scale right now, and stuck w/a gain too. It was down half a pound this AM. Ignoring it and carrying on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StyngerIsAScorpio View Post
... In the past I never fiddled with foods, recipes and stuff. I was so basic and the foods I ate were low carb but they didn't satisfy my taste buds. For example, I made chicken parm meatballs with provolone and a small bit of sauce. It really satisfied me and has gotten rid of the carby meatball sub craving. I need flavor to keep me satisfied. I'm over the days of Spartan meat, fish eggs with no bells and whistles.

I have a job interview this morning, so wish me luck

Have any of you tried the Trader Joe's Sprouted Bread, at 4 net carbs? If so, what's your verdict? Go or no?
Stynger---Me too on the flavor thing. Was just saying above that variety in my LC woe is a priority for me this time. And learning how to make new things, hell, cooking at ALL, has been part of the challenge and that's stimulating too. Although my husband is struggling w/my presence in HIS kitchen.

On the TJ's sprouted wheat bread It's so good I can't believe it's only 4 NCs. Much better than SL. I always toast it w/butter, and it's delicious. I have 3 or 4 pcs a week, and it's excellent substitutions like this that make this woe easier and easier.

GOOD LUCK on the Interview! Fingers crossed for you.

Quote:
Good morning everyone! Happy to report the scale is creeping but at least it is still creeping in the right direction (200.8 this morning).

Well I had better get off here and get ready for work. My uncle passed away and I have to leave early for family visitation. Then I have to drive down to my mom's Wednesday because my step-dad is having a bypass surgery and my mom is in the mid stages of Fronto-temporal dementia so she needs the family with her.... Anyway, I may not be on much for a few days, so hope everyone has a great week, stays on their plan, and that the "whoosh" fairy is kind to us all
Sorry to hear about your uncle, and it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate that has nothing to do w/food. Good luck on your trip, and I'm pretty sure the whoosh fairy can find us wherever we are.

Today my son made me a fantastic egg concoction w/breakfast sausages. I used hot sauce on the eggs and SF maple syrup on the sausages to get that
spicy/sweet contrast I love.

Out to dinner tonight for Hubby's B'day. Yes, it's been a real party cluster lately, but fun. Already have been to the restaurant's site to look at their menu. This place is known for its Southern cooking, so many delishy things I won't be having. But they are also known for their beef jerky, which is the best I've ever had, hands down. So I'll be having that, and then choose between their chicken wings and their crab cakes, when I find out if they're heavily battered or not. So I'm looking forward to my new choices there, I really am, and that feels good to know to me.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!

I just realized tonight is not my husband's birthday party, and today is not his birthday. I just got a little too enthusiastic at that restaurant site. Tomorrow
night is the party. Well, guess I'm looking forward to that!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #1077
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:

Stynger: good luck on the interview! I also like flavor but have never been a big "veggie" fan. I experiment on the weekends with cooking but tend to be VERY lazy during the week. I also made meatballs for one of my OAMC meals awhile back. They were really good the first day. However, there is just something about my taste buds because to me meat never tastes "right" when I reheat it...

I am so sorry about your Uncle. And prayers and hugs to you and your Mom and family. Life can really bite sometimes. But she's very lucky to have you for a daughter.
I'm learning to cut back a bit on my recipes. I am one who has to eat leftovers and I rarely throw anything out. If it can't be frozen, and I've made too much, I'm eating the same stuff for days and then gets old fast LOL

Quote:
I'm a foodie for sure. Not for the fancy of it, Hubby and I just both love good food---although wouldn't you know he's Jack Sprat, and I'm the wife. Keeping my LC woe interesting has definitely been my goal this time, as boredom w/it was one of the major reasons I slid off the wagon last time.

The Hubs and I spent much of the winter in front of the fire and the TV, reading, eating or watching---in fact we began to wonder if our friends had forgotten us, but no, they were just hiding from winter too. Come spring and everyone comes out to play, so yeah, that's as many parties all together as I've been to in a long time too. And tonight's my husband's Birthday, so we're out to meet friends again. Actually, that's why I like winter, things slow down and get cozy, and then I like spring when they rev up again.

I too am stuck on the scale right now, and stuck w/a gain too. It was down half a pound this AM. Ignoring it and carrying on.

Stynger---Me too on the flavor thing. Was just saying above that variety in my LC woe is a priority for me this time. And learning how to make new things, hell, cooking at ALL, has been part of the challenge and that's stimulating too. Although my husband is struggling w/my presence in HIS kitchen.

On the TJ's sprouted wheat bread It's so good I can't believe it's only 4 NCs. Much better than SL. I always toast it w/butter, and it's delicious. I have 3 or 4 pcs a week, and it's excellent substitutions like this that make this woe easier and easier.

GOOD LUCK on the Interview! Fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to hear about your uncle, and it sounds like you've got a lot on your plate that has nothing to do w/food. Good luck on your trip, and I'm pretty sure the whoosh fairy can find us wherever we are.

Today my son made me a fantastic egg concoction w/breakfast sausages. I used hot sauce on the eggs and SF maple syrup on the sausages to get that
spicy/sweet contrast I love.

Out to dinner tonight for Hubby's B'day. Yes, it's been a real party cluster lately, but fun. Already have been to the restaurant's site to look at their menu. This place is known for its Southern cooking, so many delishy things I won't be having. But they are also known for their beef jerky, which is the best I've ever had, hands down. So I'll be having that, and then choose between their chicken wings and their crab cakes, when I find out if they're heavily battered or not. So I'm looking forward to my new choices there, I really am, and that feels good to know to me.
The interview went well! Now I have a week or so of jumping through hoops to satisfy the required pre-employment stuff. Not complaining AT ALL, just scratching my head trying to figure out how I'll fit it all in and get started on the job ASAP.
I've stayed away from restaurants for a while now. Ever since I heard about IHOP putting the pancake batter in the scrambled eggs I'm not very trusting LOL

Quote:
I just realized tonight is not my husband's birthday party, and today is not his birthday. I just got a little too enthusiastic at that restaurant site. Tomorrow
night is the party. Well, guess I'm looking forward to that!
Too funny! LOL I once made Father's Day arrangements for my son....a week early LOL I can totally relate!

I've stayed on plan today! I did some precooking when I got home, mashed cauli, hamburger steak, chicken broth, chicken faux gravy...Not sure what I want for dinner but I have the sub salad stuff and need to use it soon. Been tired all day, we had a tornado warning at 11 pm last night and it took me hours to get back to sleep once the warning was cancelled. One touched down on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay and one hit an hour or so north of here. Needless to say, my pulse was so high it counted as an aerobic workout LOL
DD is venturing east from western MD on Saturday and is bringing me the TJ's sprouted wheat bread. I can't wait to try it.
Well back to getting caught up around the house and finish putting up the food I precooked. I haven't eaten yet today and if I don't soon, I won't. My goodness, I could put a hurting on a buffet feast in the past. This lack of appetite is a totally new thing. I used to joke that I wanted to see the day when someone would MAKE me eat. Guess it's here LOL
Have a fantastic evening and keep on getting it done.
You know, we all rock!
Old 06-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #1078
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well I had a busy day and mainly lived on atkins shakes and a frozen dinner.I am going to see if it makes any difference in my weight.I had a shake for breakfast and lunch.Then beef merlot for dinner.I might have a bar for a snack later IF I get hungry.LOL. I am a poster child for Atkins today. Maybe it will make up for the Mac and cheese I ate. LOL.
Thank`s for the kind words all I appreciate it !!!!
Lawmom, I am sorry for your loss.I hope your step dad does well. Good luck !!!
Blue, I hope your DH has a fun Birthday party.
Misti, hope you hit the 240`s soon.
Stynger hope you get the job.Good Luck !!
Trigger congrats on your loss !!!!
Hope everyone has a great night !!!
Old 06-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #1079
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

The scale crept down another measly half pound today, from my 3 lb anti-whoosh, but it got outsmarted! A colleague at work said to me, "you look great, have you lost weight?" This is the first time someone's mentioned it to me, and it was much more meaningful to me than what the scale said. I realized I'd achieved that point where people start to notice. That is a great feeling.

Greek salad for lunch, and hubby's b'day party tonight at a great restaurant. I've already narrowed down my choices, and while they're not what they would have been a year ago, they sound yummy for tonight.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #1080
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Well I had a busy day and mainly lived on atkins shakes and a frozen dinner.I am going to see if it makes any difference in my weight.I had a shake for breakfast and lunch.Then beef merlot for dinner.I might have a bar for a snack later IF I get hungry.LOL. I am a poster child for Atkins today. Maybe it will make up for the Mac and cheese I ate. LOL.
Thank`s for the kind words all I appreciate it !!!!
Lawmom, I am sorry for your loss.I hope your step dad does well. Good luck !!!
Blue, I hope your DH has a fun Birthday party.
Misti, hope you hit the 240`s soon.
Stynger hope you get the job.Good Luck !!
Trigger congrats on your loss !!!!
Hope everyone has a great night !!!
Jaded, GREAT job on sticking with it! I haven't tried the Atkins stuff lately but I'm a bit tempted!

Quote:
Hi gals.

The scale crept down another measly half pound today, from my 3 lb anti-whoosh, but it got outsmarted! A colleague at work said to me, "you look great, have you lost weight?" This is the first time someone's mentioned it to me, and it was much more meaningful to me than what the scale said. I realized I'd achieved that point where people start to notice. That is a great feeling.

Greek salad for lunch, and hubby's b'day party tonight at a great restaurant. I've already narrowed down my choices, and while they're not what they would have been a year ago, they sound yummy for tonight.
Blue! WOO HOO! It's great when someone notices! Good for you!
And remember, as much as I am also keying in on the scale, we can see results in other ways! You proved it today! Keep that feeling! You're doing it!
Have a wonderful time at the bday party!

I ate my 'sub salad' late afternoon. It's all so far, but I will eat again so I can take my Vit D before bed. I'm now down a total, complete 20.0! I count those decimal points! LOL
There's no firm plan in place yet about DD's possible move to CO...I've decided to inject some humor...now, when I talk about it with her I call the state, ColoradNO....
To any of you experiencing wicked and dangerous weather, stay safe! We are due some real risk of tornadoes tomorrow afternoon and evening and I'm taking it all very seriously. I hope you all are ok. Those fires in CO are horrible!
I have a jam packed day at work tomorrow but if the storms kick in early I am going to try to reschedule the afternoon.... We were already in a tornado warning the night before last...talk about a panic....
I had the second job interview. It went totally well. I just have tons of clearances to finish, get fingerprinted, med tests, etc. I feel so much better now that the process has at least started!
Thank you all for your kind words, support and understanding! I appreciate it more than you know!
Stay safe, keep up the GREAT work and be proud of yourselves! This is a process and we're all doing it our way
Closed Thread