Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #961
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
HEY guys.

everyone keeping losing good now!

I am off for 10-12 days. Going on my Florida trip. When I get back I want to hear all about the great weight loss everyone had! Me, I hope included lol

We have a 5th wheel camper. So I do cook and I am bringing my food scale. I am committed to the max and when we do eat out, I am going to be smart about what I get.

So see ya'll in about 12 days and everyone be good

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM   #962
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Have a great trip Trigger!!
Old 05-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #963
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/175/165 - 5'11"
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Hey Trigger, have a great vacation! And you're camping, what fun. We used to have a pop up and went all over w/it. Wonderful memories. Nothing like dinner cooked under the open skies. I'll be picturing you out there w/your food scale, although come to think about it, I only know what the food scale looks like. Good luck with your woe, but the most important thing is to relax and have fun w/your family. Vacations are special times.

Misti---we can be virtual walking buds. Ha. I thought about taking another walk today, but the sofa refused to let go of me. Every time I tried to get up it said "oh no you don't." Tomorrow maybe.

And oh boy, the work health coach sounds scary to me. Being an independent contractor I escape all these well meant things. Hope you get a good one. I've heard some stories here...
Old 05-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #964
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Misti---we can be virtual walking buds. Ha. I thought about taking another walk today, but the sofa refused to let go of me. Every time I tried to get up it said "oh no you don't." Tomorrow maybe.

And oh boy, the work health coach sounds scary to me. Being an independent contractor I escape all these well meant things. Hope you get a good one. I've heard some stories here...
LOL, wer're feeling the same today. I was going to walk but the day got away from me and I don't feel like it now. I will try again tomorrow!

The health coach thing might just be one time. I think I get like $20 or $25 just for going once. I did use them a few years ago and they did help me lose 14 lbs. and get into a walking routine. If I don't like them I'll stop going!
Old 05-26-2013, 06:16 PM   #965
Major LCF Poster!

Fried Cheese Curds

Jaded - are you still out there? I finally tried making low carb fried cheese curds tonight. It was a semi-disaster, so I won't be trying again, though I got a few edible ones. First, I tried coating them only in a coconut flour seasoned with onion powder and garlic salt, as per a website I found (and linked to in a previous post). Disaster. The coconut flour was not enough of a barrier to the hot oil and the cheese melted in the deep fryer. Then I tried a low carb cheese curd batter recipe I found online:

◦1/4 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
◦1/2 cup Crushed Pork Rinds
◦1/2 cup almond flour
◦3/4 cup Miller Light
◦1/2 teaspoon salt
◦2 eggs
◦2 pounds of broken up cheese curds

I halved the recipe and used water instead of beer. Mixed it all up and coated a couple of curds. Disaster. The coating slid off and the cheese melted. The batter seemed a bit thin, so I added the remaining coconut flour (less than a tablespoon) to the batter and it thickened up a bit. This batter was much more successful. Fried the curds for a couple of minutes and got some to come out well. If I were to ever make them again I would omit the salt....hmmm....just realized I used the full amount of salt even though I halved the recipe. LOL. No wonder they were salty! Anyway, if you want to try make sure the batter is thick, and use larger cheese curd pieces if possible. I broke up some of the larger ones and it would have been better if I didn't.

Last edited by Mistizoom; 05-26-2013 at 06:18 PM..
Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #966
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Stats: Me/LessOfMe/JustRight
WOE: LC/Under 20/40
Start Date: March 2013
Morning all and Happy Memorial Day!

I was hoping to see a drop on the scale but my weight is unchanged. That's ok too. I was a bit worried it might be up, since yesterday afternoon I did have one slice of Ezekiel bread with two Tbs. of PB. I needed that for some reason but had a feeling it was going to be a problem today.

I know that weighing daily can set you up for some disappointment but I can't break the habit just yet.....

Today's menu is totally up in the air...tomorrow is the doc visit and I'm hoping to get my labs done before I see her. With it being the holiday weekend and the lab closed today I imagine early tomorrow AM they are going to be slammed. My appt with the doc is at 8:30am and the lab and doc's office are next door to each other so I'm going to try to get in at 7am and be done in time. If not, I'll have to pop over there right after...I'm being obsessive about this, I know lol

Whatever I eat today, I'm not going to eat after 6 pm. That should be a normal thing for me anyway but there are times I do have late dinners.

Coming here every day and sharing with you all is really helping me to stay accountable. Thank you all so much!
I'll post my menu as soon as I figure it out. I can't even think of food for a few hours after I get up in the morning

Wishing you all a safe and wonderful Memorial Day
Old 05-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #967
Major LCF Poster!

Stynger---same w/me. I too find coming here so helps in keeping me accountable, not to mention the encouragement and commiseration, whichever is called for. Good luck w/your blood tests! Just want to note that I've been told it can take months for a LC woe to effect your blood tests in a positive way. Or not. Not sure how long you've been doing this. I need to have mine done soon too, and I'm trying to read as much as I can so whatever results I get, I'll understand how to respond to some of the "myths" and figure out my best path. Being an RN, you're probably very prepared.

Misti---Oh my. The fried cheese curds! So know the feeling of a LC recipe gone awry. You sure gave it your all. And no, I don't think I'll be trying that.

Yesterday I had the hungry thing going on all day. Not real hunger, naughty snacky hunger---and it doesn't want any more cheese or pickles or hard boiled eggs or any of my usual tricks. I didn't let it have its way, but it was a bit of a struggle. I'm finding these days just show up once a week or so. Sometimes stress does it, but I wasn't stressed yesterday. Seems it can be pretty random. And the truth is, I do miss some of the foods I love. And that missing culminates into a day like yesterday. Then it passes.

This morning I made my first cup of BPC. Always thought it sounded terrible, but decided to try, as I think I need a bit more fat in my day. I used Coconut oil, butter, HWC and a splash of splenda. Was I surprised! It's yummy. I actually prefer this to a fat bomb, which I like to fend off hunger if I'm in a hurry, but I find just too rich to enjoy eating. I just push it down. This will work much better for me.

Friends coming over for dinner. We're doing burgers on the grill and some sides, including a bacon and hard boiled egg salad which will be my only side. BPC for breakfast, artichoke for lunch.

Hope you all have a lovely day, even though the weather may not be lovely. Gloomiest day of the weekend here. And cold. We'll make a fire tonight and gather around. It's the best you can do with a Memorial Day like this.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:15 AM   #968
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
sorry your weather stinks Blue. right now we are hot and sunny and kiddo is getting ready to swim in a bit. finally our Southern warm weather is here.

I know in Florida I will be alot hotter

today I am packing and getting food in the fridge.

I pounded out a ton of thin chicken breasts. I am going to grill them for salads, sandwich or whatever, vs. being bad on vacation. Bringing alot of eggs and having those also. I am going to stay away from most dense carbs. I also got some 'diet treats' packed for me so I will lay off the rubbish that I don't need.

I want to really lose on this vaca. I know it can be done, I just gotta do it

gonna check my weight in the morning, log it in, and then NO SCALE for at least the next 10-11 days WOOHOO. NO SCALE. will be nice actually.

So challenging myself to lose AT LEAST 1/2 lb when I come back in 10 days. Should be interesting to see if I can do it. who knows LOL

see ya'll soon!!! everyone be good and drop those pounds. I am rooting for everyone!!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:23 AM   #969
Major LCF Poster!

Still at 246 today, which I consider a victory, as I feel like I ate a ton yesterday, though it was all LC. Plus I am down 2.4 lbs from a week ago. So I'm feeling good about that.

Trigger - sounds like you are doing a great job planning for food for your vacation. I'm sure it will be worth the effort!

Blue Skies - BPC sounds very interesting, though I don't like coffee, so I don't think I'll take it up. I really don't like hot tea that much either. I did try some sugar-free Oregon Chai tea mix that I had in the fridge, and mixed it with almond milk. Now I think I could get addicted to that. But since the almond milk has a few carbs it couldn't really be considered "bullet proof" even if I added fat.

Stynger - a day without a gain is a victory in my book! Good news on the Ezekiel bread. Good luck with the doctor's appointment tomorrow. I have mine in a week.

Today so far:

B - Atkins Advantage shake
S - sugar-free Oregon Chai mixed with unsweetened almond milk (1 cup each), 1 oz. almonds
L - left over tuna salad (tuna, celery, mayo)
D - hopefully grilled steaks and asparagus if the rain holds off!
Old 05-27-2013, 11:07 AM   #970
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Stynger---same w/me. I too find coming here so helps in keeping me accountable, not to mention the encouragement and commiseration, whichever is called for. Good luck w/your blood tests! Just want to note that I've been told it can take months for a LC woe to effect your blood tests in a positive way. Or not. Not sure how long you've been doing this. I need to have mine done soon too, and I'm trying to read as much as I can so whatever results I get, I'll understand how to respond to some of the "myths" and figure out my best path. Being an RN, you're probably very prepared.

Misti---Oh my. The fried cheese curds! So know the feeling of a LC recipe gone awry. You sure gave it your all. And no, I don't think I'll be trying that.

Yesterday I had the hungry thing going on all day. Not real hunger, naughty snacky hunger---and it doesn't want any more cheese or pickles or hard boiled eggs or any of my usual tricks. I didn't let it have its way, but it was a bit of a struggle. I'm finding these days just show up once a week or so. Sometimes stress does it, but I wasn't stressed yesterday. Seems it can be pretty random. And the truth is, I do miss some of the foods I love. And that missing culminates into a day like yesterday. Then it passes.

This morning I made my first cup of BPC. Always thought it sounded terrible, but decided to try, as I think I need a bit more fat in my day. I used Coconut oil, butter, HWC and a splash of splenda. Was I surprised! It's yummy. I actually prefer this to a fat bomb, which I like to fend off hunger if I'm in a hurry, but I find just too rich to enjoy eating. I just push it down. This will work much better for me.

Friends coming over for dinner. We're doing burgers on the grill and some sides, including a bacon and hard boiled egg salad which will be my only side. BPC for breakfast, artichoke for lunch.

Hope you all have a lovely day, even though the weather may not be lovely. Gloomiest day of the weekend here. And cold. We'll make a fire tonight and gather around. It's the best you can do with a Memorial Day like this.
I've only been truly LC with no cheats for 14 days counting today. I have read that it could take months to see actual change, I just know my doc won't go for me putting off the blood work any further, so I pushed the limit lol At least this as good as I can get by now lol
Never tried the BPC... but you have me thinking here lol I've also never done coconut oil but I looked at some options today online. Saw Jorge C on Dr. Oz so it piqued my curiosity...I can get it locally so I might give it a go....I'm already way into the coconut flour so I might like it.
No grilling here today. Everyone else is working and it's clouding up already.DD is 4 hrs away, living, but she and her hubby are visiting Arlington National Cemetery. That has to be so sobering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
sorry your weather stinks Blue. right now we are hot and sunny and kiddo is getting ready to swim in a bit. finally our Southern warm weather is here.

I know in Florida I will be alot hotter

today I am packing and getting food in the fridge.

I pounded out a ton of thin chicken breasts. I am going to grill them for salads, sandwich or whatever, vs. being bad on vacation. Bringing alot of eggs and having those also. I am going to stay away from most dense carbs. I also got some 'diet treats' packed for me so I will lay off the rubbish that I don't need.

I want to really lose on this vaca. I know it can be done, I just gotta do it

gonna check my weight in the morning, log it in, and then NO SCALE for at least the next 10-11 days WOOHOO. NO SCALE. will be nice actually.

So challenging myself to lose AT LEAST 1/2 lb when I come back in 10 days. Should be interesting to see if I can do it. who knows LOL

see ya'll soon!!! everyone be good and drop those pounds. I am rooting for everyone!!
Trigger, I think you're tackling this vaca in the perfect way! Preplanning is everything! I envy you...I'd rather be where it's really warm right now! And I applaud you for being 'scaleless' in the coming days! I want to get to the point where I don't need to see those numbers to give me validation. Enjoy your vacation and have a blast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
Still at 246 today, which I consider a victory, as I feel like I ate a ton yesterday, though it was all LC. Plus I am down 2.4 lbs from a week ago. So I'm feeling good about that.

Trigger - sounds like you are doing a great job planning for food for your vacation. I'm sure it will be worth the effort!

Blue Skies - BPC sounds very interesting, though I don't like coffee, so I don't think I'll take it up. I really don't like hot tea that much either. I did try some sugar-free Oregon Chai tea mix that I had in the fridge, and mixed it with almond milk. Now I think I could get addicted to that. But since the almond milk has a few carbs it couldn't really be considered "bullet proof" even if I added fat.

Stynger - a day without a gain is a victory in my book! Good news on the Ezekiel bread. Good luck with the doctor's appointment tomorrow. I have mine in a week.

Today so far:

B - Atkins Advantage shake
S - sugar-free Oregon Chai mixed with unsweetened almond milk (1 cup each), 1 oz. almonds
L - left over tuna salad (tuna, celery, mayo)
D - hopefully grilled steaks and asparagus if the rain holds off!
I know that feeling when I eat more LC food than I planned. Hey, it is a victory though to make just LC choices! Since we're all doing this for health as well as loss, eating the LC is a great alternative to totally caving and going off plan.

So far today I've had:

Small amt of homemade roast beef salad (leftover roast, mayo, salt and pepper mixed up in my Magic Bullet)
Cheese
Water
Black coffee
Small plain hamburger patty

I'm upping my water intake today as well.

Going to try to get some wash out on the line and dry before it gets any cloudier!
Have a wonderful afternoon everyone! And to any of you who have served or have loved ones who have served or are serving, thank you so much from my family to you and yours!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 PM   #971
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger. Wow, you're really doing a great food prep job for your vacation. Way to create a home away from home while you're camping! This is going to really help remove temptation. And you can do so much w/that pounded chicken over a campfire or a coleman stove. Yum. What fun. We're going on vacation a bunch coming up in a few weeks here, and we won't be camping. You're an inspiration to me in thinking about how I can "plan ahead."

Misti --- Holding today too, which I also consider a victory. I had a big whoosh last week and I know how it goes w/me. Going to be here for awhile. But I did get in a walk today! A bit over a mile. Cold and dreary out, but it was kind of invigorating. Also great to get back home and know I did that, and now I can putz around and lay around all I want.

Stynger --- Were you saying you put meat and mayo in a blender to create a sort of "chicken salad," but instead w/roast? What a great idea. Wonder if I could do this in my food chopper---one of those mini processor things. Could you add celery and onion I wonder? Don't have a Magic Bullet. Do you like yours? What do you think are it's advantages?
Old 05-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #972
Major LCF Poster!

Stynger - 14 days on plan is awesome!

Blue Skies - you inspired me to walk on the treadmill for 25 minutes tonight. I didn't really want to, but I saw you walked today, so I wanted to keep up. Thanks! I feel pretty good right now.

Trigger - have a great vacation!

I have a magic bullet too, but usually use it for whipped cream or smoothies for my son. I really should expand my repertoire!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 AM   #973
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Hey Everyone~! I'm baaaaack.

I have to admit I have not gone back and read through the three or four pages that posted while I was busy with life. Father in law is still here, I drove Teen Queen back to school Sunday and we spent the day moving her from one dorm building to the other for summer semester. Definitely too tired to drive the 6 hours back home. Got home yesterday to a messy house...the boys, (Father in Law, Son and Husband) were on their own while I was with my daughter. Not a fun thing to come home to is all I am saying.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Old 05-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #974
Senior LCF Member

accidental post
Old 05-28-2013, 08:50 AM   #975
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wicked! Welcome back!

Blue, I took the leftover roast beef, chopped it VERY small and added the mayo and put it in the Bullet. I had to shake the heck out of the cup more than a few times and then actually had to stir it up with a spoon, with the meat being soft the Bullet didn't want to work full force. Yes, you could put onion, celery, anything in it! My Mom used to add a tiny bit of diced green peppers to hers and used a splash of olive oil and less mayo. She wasn't ever LC it was just something she did with leftover roast beef. No matter what I do, I can't make mine as good as Mom's But isn't that the way it always is?
The Bullet is okay. I use it for smoothies, etc. I've never ground things in it and I have a tendency to overdo things so even salsa comes out as an unidentifiable mess LOL But for the drinks, it's great

Well, all, didn't get the labs done, the place was crazy! I forgot that they weren't open yesterday with the holiday so you needed a shoehorn to get in the door...frustrating since I fasted and all but I'll try again tomorrow. I have NO patience for sitting in an office for hours. I always take the first appt slot of the day at the doc's so I can be in and out. From the looks of the lab waiting room, I would have been there till noon.
The doc visit went ok. BP is down a little bit and that's good

I'm now at the point where I don't have an appetite, but making myself eat. I'm stuck for the past 5 days. It's not technically a stall but it's a stall to me....I haven't been eating enough because when I get to this point the thought of food isn't all that appetizing....

For breakfast I had:
3 fried eggs
4 strips of bacon
Unsweetened iced tea

I'll update as soon as I know what the rest of today's menu looks like.

Taking it easy for a while, then heading to work this afternoon....

Keep up the good work ALL

Last edited by StyngerIsAScorpio; 05-28-2013 at 08:54 AM..
Old 05-28-2013, 10:11 AM   #976
Senior LCF Member

My Magic Bullet died last year. I got a Ninja instead. Came with chopper thing (like bullet) plus a blender size. The blender is great for 'ricing' cauliflower!
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 AM   #977
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
Start Date: 1/1/14
I am back. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Congrats on all that had a weight loss. I did lose 2 pounds.Not much, I will take it ,though.
MISTI- Thank You for the recipe for the cheese curds. Sorry it messed up. I might try it and maybe bake them?? Think that might work??
My DH and I made a 10 pound BUTT Roast on the smoker Sunday. It turned out good. I now have alot of meat to do something with. We did not put sauce on it.So, it is plain.ANY IDEAS on recipes will be appreciated.
Uncle is holding his own.Thank`s for all the prayers.Much appreciated.
Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:47 AM   #978
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back Wicked and Jaded! Sounds like you have been busy, WickedStitch. Glad to hear your uncle is doing ok Jaded. The roast sounds awesome! Would love to see recipes as well, as I do something similar in the crockpot, only 3 lbs. at a time but still tons of leftovers. Not sure how baking the cheese curds would work. I'm not sure if the batter would firm up/cook before the cheese melted. Might have to think of somthing else, as I still have half a package left.

Down to a new low today, 244.8. So I've lost 55 lbs. in just over 6 months! Woo hoo! And I'm half way to my initial goal. Would love to be there by the end of the year.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:01 PM   #979
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Down to a new low today, 244.8. So I've lost 55 lbs. in just over 6 months! Woo hoo! And I'm half way to my initial goal. Would love to be there by the end of the year.

This is awesome!!! WTG Mistizoom!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #980
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY DANCE FOR MISTIZOOM !!!!!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:58 PM   #981
Major LCF Poster!

Wicked Stictch---Good to see you back w/us. Getting kids moved in and out of their dorms is A LOT of work. Amazing all the stuff they can squeeze into those little rooms!

Jaded ---Glad to hear your uncle is doing better. Don't know on the roast. One thing that occurs to me is chopping it up and adding mayo, onion, celery etc/whatever, and making a "Roast salad" a la chicken salad---something Stynger does and interested me. Then you could eat it on a wasa cracker, 9 carbs, or scoop up on a piece of celery, or put on a Sara Lee Light and Delightful hamburger bun, just 8 carbs. Also, I wonder if it would be good chopped up or "pulled" and mixed w/Guy's LC bbq sauce, served w/cheesy scrambled eggs.

Misti---You've been motoring down, girl! 55 pounds in 6 months is just fantastic. And cool that you hopped on the treadmill yesterday. I think we CAN inspire each other ---virtual walking buds---as we both want to step up the exercise a bit. On that note, although I didn't walk today per say, I put in a thousand and more steps on my job. I design and style rooms for a large furniture company. Did 6 sets today, which means I was all over their HUGE studio and to the prop room and back what seemed like a hundred times. My feet are screaming at me and I'm so darn pooped. I'm counting it as a 2 mile walk and I think that's conservative.

Stynger---thanks for the details on the "beef salad." I'm intrigued. Don't think I'll bother w/the magic bullet though. My little FP will do fine, particularly w/your tip to chop up well first. Sorry about the big lead up to the blood test, only to go home. Good luck tomorrow!

So I got up this AM and had a nice brew of BPC, thinking it would take me though my work stuff today till I could break for lunch. Well, I never got that break for lunch, too much to be done on a deadline. So I just got home and I'm as dead tired as I've been in a long time. And I'm sure a part of that is that I went on a cup of BPC ALL DAY LONG. The good news is, I wasn't hungry. The bad news is my energy sure took a nose dive towards the end of today's project. Don't like to go that long w/out food, not a good idea, but couldn't be helped today.

So finally home w/scads of calories and carbs to spend for today, and I'm just too damn tired to think about it. Going to have a cheese burger w/a slice of onion on a Sara Lee Bun, then maybe a cream soda before I go to bed. No energy left to even make a salad or anything to go w/the burger. But I'll be in bed sound asleep before I even know if I'm still hungry.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #982
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
My Magic Bullet died last year. I got a Ninja instead. Came with chopper thing (like bullet) plus a blender size. The blender is great for 'ricing' cauliflower!
I'm going to use the Bullet tomorrow for some strawberries/almond milk frothy!
I never tried the blender attachment on my Bullet but I don't think it's as powerful as the Ninja. I've never tried to rice the cauli for things like mock fried rice but I'm game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
I am back. Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Congrats on all that had a weight loss. I did lose 2 pounds.Not much, I will take it ,though.
MISTI- Thank You for the recipe for the cheese curds. Sorry it messed up. I might try it and maybe bake them?? Think that might work??
My DH and I made a 10 pound BUTT Roast on the smoker Sunday. It turned out good. I now have alot of meat to do something with. We did not put sauce on it.So, it is plain.ANY IDEAS on recipes will be appreciated.
Uncle is holding his own.Thank`s for all the prayers.Much appreciated.
Hope everyone has a good day.
2 lbs! OMG, that's a lot! Numerically it might not seem like it but I know how I'd feel if I saw that much gone on my scale! Good for you!

Quote:
Welcome back Wicked and Jaded! Sounds like you have been busy, WickedStitch. Glad to hear your uncle is doing ok Jaded. The roast sounds awesome! Would love to see recipes as well, as I do something similar in the crockpot, only 3 lbs. at a time but still tons of leftovers. Not sure how baking the cheese curds would work. I'm not sure if the batter would firm up/cook before the cheese melted. Might have to think of somthing else, as I still have half a package left.

YOU TOTALLY ROCK! 55lbs in just over 6 months is INCREDIBLE! You are inspiring me so much! You have to be so proud of all you've accomplished!

Quote:
HAPPY DANCE FOR MISTIZOOM !!!!!
What she said!

Quote:
Wicked Stictch---Good to see you back w/us. Getting kids moved in and out of their dorms is A LOT of work. Amazing all the stuff they can squeeze into those little rooms!

Jaded ---Glad to hear your uncle is doing better. Don't know on the roast. One thing that occurs to me is chopping it up and adding mayo, onion, celery etc/whatever, and making a "Roast salad" a la chicken salad---something Stynger does and interested me. Then you could eat it on a wasa cracker, 9 carbs, or scoop up on a piece of celery, or put on a Sara Lee Light and Delightful hamburger bun, just 8 carbs. Also, I wonder if it would be good chopped up or "pulled" and mixed w/Guy's LC bbq sauce, served w/cheesy scrambled eggs.

Misti---You've been motoring down, girl! 55 pounds in 6 months is just fantastic. And cool that you hopped on the treadmill yesterday. I think we CAN inspire each other ---virtual walking buds---as we both want to step up the exercise a bit. On that note, although I didn't walk today per say, I put in a thousand and more steps on my job. I design and style rooms for a large furniture company. Did 6 sets today, which means I was all over their HUGE studio and to the prop room and back what seemed like a hundred times. My feet are screaming at me and I'm so darn pooped. I'm counting it as a 2 mile walk and I think that's conservative.

Stynger---thanks for the details on the "beef salad." I'm intrigued. Don't think I'll bother w/the magic bullet though. My little FP will do fine, particularly w/your tip to chop up well first. Sorry about the big lead up to the blood test, only to go home. Good luck tomorrow!

So I got up this AM and had a nice brew of BPC, thinking it would take me though my work stuff today till I could break for lunch. Well, I never got that break for lunch, too much to be done on a deadline. So I just got home and I'm as dead tired as I've been in a long time. And I'm sure a part of that is that I went on a cup of BPC ALL DAY LONG. The good news is, I wasn't hungry. The bad news is my energy sure took a nose dive towards the end of today's project. Don't like to go that long w/out food, not a good idea, but couldn't be helped today.

So finally home w/scads of calories and carbs to spend for today, and I'm just too damn tired to think about it. Going to have a cheese burger w/a slice of onion on a Sara Lee Bun, then maybe a cream soda before I go to bed. No energy left to even make a salad or anything to go w/the burger. But I'll be in bed sound asleep before I even know if I'm still hungry.
I hear ya on the tired thing.... I've only had the eggs and bacon so far today and I'm running out of day LOL I premade a hamburger steak so that might be it for my late dinner.
I have search high and low for the Sara Lee Delightful Hamburger Buns and no one carries them anywhere within 50 miles. I did stop at a store today and got a loaf of the Delightful Wheat Bread. Two slices are 12 net carbs. Not as low as the buns but I'll just have to deal with it. I love toast with my 'dippy' eggs and this might do the trick.
Decided not to make a special trip for the blood work tomorrow. I have to go to a client on Thursday AM so I'll stop at the lab on the way. I am very frugal with the cost of gas what it is. I rarely, rarely make a special trip for one thing or reason. I make a loop on the days that I work or else I combine errands. I miss the days of going for Sunday drives.....

I hope you all are having a great day
Old 05-28-2013, 08:19 PM   #983
Major LCF Poster!

Stynger---Do you have a Wal-Mart near you? That's where I found my SL Light and Delicious Hamburger buns, and hot dog buns too. Also,my Target carries SL Light and Delicious bread, although not the buns. I cut the crusts off my light and delicious bread---which is 7 grams a slice, and come in at I figure about 5 grams a slice. I pop 'em buttered into the toaster, and they come our like nice crispy little pads too add whatever I choose.

I don't eat these every day, but I do enjoy them now and then. I simply need a sandwich now and then, or a burger on a bun. Sure hope between Wal-mart and Target, you'll have some success finding this. AND, do consider talking to a store manager at whatever grocery store you are shopping at. Not a guaranteed win, but I have politely gotten my way on getting a new product on the shelf, simply by being VERY persistent, but nice. Harder to get a big box chain store to listen than your own local grocery store.
Give it a try. What do you have to lose?
Old 05-29-2013, 05:37 AM   #984
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Stynger---Do you have a Wal-Mart near you? That's where I found my SL Light and Delicious Hamburger buns, and hot dog buns too. Also,my Target carries SL Light and Delicious bread, although not the buns. I cut the crusts off my light and delicious bread---which is 7 grams a slice, and come in at I figure about 5 grams a slice. I pop 'em buttered into the toaster, and they come our like nice crispy little pads too add whatever I choose.

I don't eat these every day, but I do enjoy them now and then. I simply need a sandwich now and then, or a burger on a bun. Sure hope between Wal-mart and Target, you'll have some success finding this. AND, do consider talking to a store manager at whatever grocery store you are shopping at. Not a guaranteed win, but I have politely gotten my way on getting a new product on the shelf, simply by being VERY persistent, but nice. Harder to get a big box chain store to listen than your own local grocery store.
Give it a try. What do you have to lose?
Thanks Blue! I called several Walmarts, even went on their website. It took me to a product locator for Bimbo, the parent company of SL. They list the stores in the search zip and what products have been delivered to what stores in the last three days. I think they have it wrong LOL I ended up with the bread but wanted the buns...I guess I'm going to have to check Target! Never thought of them! TY also for recommending I talk to a store manager. I wonder if I agree to purchase a certain number of packages? I'll work on that today!
I like the idea of cutting the crust off the bread too.

Well, last night I had a late supper, 11:15 pm...made one portion of Dreamfields Angel Hair pasta with some white clam sauce. And this morning I'm down 2 pounds! Yay for me! I was stuck for the previous 5 days and was really over it LOL Those 2 pounds have reinforced me
No idea what my menu is today. Black coffee is about all I can handle right now, this early. Lots of work to do here at home today, so I'll pop back here later.
I hope everyone has an incredible day! Keep up the good work and thanks for letting me vent and share!
Old 05-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #985
Major LCF Poster!

Hi gals.

It was another on site day for me at work, but today I did get lunch, a Greek Salad, and it was fantastic. Hadn't had one for awhile. My husband is making garlic soup for dinner, which I LOVE, and I'm making some cream cheese muffins, for the first time, to go w/the soup. I'm very curious to see what these will be like. Will probably also have a small side salad. Then for dessert/a later snack, some SO Delicious Chocolate Mint ice cream w/coconut crisps on top. So today, I'm loving my LC woe. Some days you just feel like you're in your sweet spot. Love those days.

Oh and yeah, can't believe I didn't mention this first, dropped another pound this AM, and am in "new territory." Didn't surprise me. Yesterday was VERY physical, and my calorie count wound up at 800, my carbs were 9. A very rare low combo for me, but I was just too wiped out to enjoy eating. Drank A LOT of water.

Hope this day is treating everyone as nicely as it is me.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:48 PM   #986
Major LCF Poster!

HAPPY DANCE FOR BLUE !!!!! Congrats on your loss !!!
I had a pretty busy day.I did get alot of things finished up.Like busy days. Keeps me out of the fridge.
Thank`s for the kind words folks. I appreciate it.Maybe IF I have another busy day tomorrow I will lose more this week.I am keeping my carbs low and eating more veggies.I eat too much protein.I am going to have to cut down.Hope every one has a good day tomorrow.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:08 PM   #987
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
HAPPY DANCE FOR BLUE !!!!! Congrats on your loss !!!
I had a pretty busy day.I did get alot of things finished up.Like busy days. Keeps me out of the fridge.
Thank`s for the kind words folks. I appreciate it.Maybe IF I have another busy day tomorrow I will lose more this week.I am keeping my carbs low and eating more veggies.I eat too much protein.I am going to have to cut down.Hope every one has a good day tomorrow.
Hey Jaded, I like busy days too, and for the same reasons you do. Although I'm not opposed to laying around either. But it's good when you're busy enough to not be able to afford much thought of food. Congrats on keeping your carbs low and eating more veggies. And I know what you mean about the protein. It's easier for me to get my fill there than w/fat.

However, it is important to remember that many protein foods, such as eggs and meat, also have fat in them. In fact, I was reading last night in "The Art and Science of Low Carb Living," that unless you're eating only the leanest of meats, both meat and eggs have more fat in them than protein. Interesting.

Do you do BPC? I'm a recent convert, and won't bore you w/it. But if you have any interest in it, and from someone who swore they would never do that to their coffee, let me know, and I'll let lose.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 PM   #988
Major LCF Poster!

Great job on the loss Blue Skies, though make sure you eat enough! Sounds like you got in your water which is good. I tend to be the opposite - I let myself get dehyrated rather than letting myself get hungry! It sounds like your job is very active. My biggest activity at work is walking to the bathroom which is way down the hall!

Didn't exercise tonight as I am working on balancing the checkbook/paying bills for the third night in a row. I was like 9 months behind on balancing the checkbook so it had to be done. I only found one major oops....a Target purchase for almost $200 from several months ago that I had not entered and could not find the receipt for. Oh well. I will keep up better in the future.

Stynger - hope you are able to find the Sara Lee buns. My son really likes them and can't tell the difference between regular buns and them. A strawberry/almond milk frothy sounds really good. Might have to try that.

Jaded - just keep with it, the results will show!

So, my blood tests from my doctor's appointment last week came back. Everything is normal except for vitamin D which was low. My A1C, fasting glucose and fasting insulin were awesome. Fasting insulin was half of what it was last year when I was eating carbs. I do take metformin but even with the metformin the number was on the high side of normal last year. Cholesterol was good too, and my HDL was in the normal range (50) whereas last year it was low. My TSH crept up a bit but still in normal range. I am going to post on the thyroid forum about that because I am concerned I might have subclinical hypothyroidism. Though I really don't want to be on another medication. I guess I'll see what the internal med doc says next Tuesday.

I think I dropped another pound today, but I am waiting for confirmation tomorrow before I claim it, as I think I may have been a bit dehydrated this morning. We'll see!
Old 05-30-2013, 06:27 AM   #989
Senior LCF Member

Quote:

Do you do BPC? I'm a recent convert, and won't bore you w/it. But if you have any interest in it, and from someone who swore they would never do that to their coffee, let me know, and I'll let lose.
I am curious about BPC! Drinking regular coffee upsets my tummy, I was thinking of giving BPC a try.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #990
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
I am curious about BPC! Drinking regular coffee upsets my tummy, I was thinking of giving BPC a try.
Wicked Stitch, I have read about it here often, but thought it sounded terrible. Being an AM strictly black coffee drinker, I thought this was one LC idea I was never going to buy off on.

Well, never say never. Finally I was just so curious. Decided to make a cup, figuring if I didn't like it I could just throw it out. To my surprise, I found it to be absolutely yummy. Reminds me of a white chocolate latte from Starbucks. Not a breakfast eater, and this works perfectly for me. I get something in my stomach, but don't have to eat anything. Keeps me easily satisfied till lunch, even a late one. And it's a good way for me to get more fat in.

I put a TBSP of coconut oil and a bit less butter into a cup of coffee and nuke it till everything is melted and hot. Then I add the HWC and stir. I'm going to try some of vanilla SF Torani in it tomorrow. I keep forgetting to add it.

Maybe w/the fat and cream, this would dilute the coffee's irritation to your tummy?
Closed Thread