Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2013, 08:40 AM   #841
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/176/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Trigger---Yep, it's crazy this out to eat business lately for me. And I just checked my date book and realized I have a date to meet a friend out tomorrow night! That will make three nights in a row. SIGH.

Nanner---YAY! I know how good it feels when you break through into a lower number category.

How nice you both landed on up days for Mother's Day. Have a lovely one.

I did well out to eat last night, ordered just what I planned and ended up w/a good day on both my carb and calorie count. Best of all, I have dropped another pound after bouncing around again as usual. But it's been a three day stick now, so I'm claiming it!

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2013, 08:53 AM   #842
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Trigger---Yep, it's crazy this out to eat business lately for me. And I just checked my date book and realized I have a date to meet a friend out tomorrow night! That will make three nights in a row. SIGH.

Nanner---YAY! I know how good it feels when you break through into a lower number category.

How nice you both landed on up days for Mother's Day. Have a lovely one.

I did well out to eat last night, ordered just what I planned and ended up w/a good day on both my carb and calorie count. Best of all, I have dropped another pound after bouncing around again as usual. But it's been a three day stick now, so I'm claiming it!
Good for you, Blue - you're doing great even with eating out - I have to give you a for that because I don't think I could do that! lol - I claim my loss the day I see it! I didn't claim the 231 I had last week though because I knew that one was going to bounce up, which it did to 236.5, then 234.5, then I didn't weigh, and today the 229.5. I claimed it! Now, it will be interesting to see how long it takes to get out of the 220's with JUDDD. Will be my first "decade" on JUDDD.

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Old 05-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Congrats on the losses Nanner, Trigger and Blue Skies!

Holding steady on the scale for now. Just talked myself out of eating some potato chips out of stress/avoidance of work (yes I had to do some at home this weekend!)

Also went clothes shopping this weekend and bought 6 pairs of pants and at least that many tops (maybe 7 or 8?) for work for summer. I literally had nothing that fit. Spent more money than I wanted, but the stuff looks decent and should fit all summer, maybe longer, even when I lose more weight (I bought a little bit on the snug side...next size up would have been way too big anyway esp. in pants). Bonus was that I could shop 10 minutes away from my house instead of driving to Catherine's Plus Sizes 35 minutes away. Negative is that I had to go to 6 stores to get everything! Not sure I like that! I decided I really like Dress Barn's clothes and they fit me well, unfortunately they are not cheap, especially the tops. I got 5 pairs of pants there and only one top.
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #844
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
Blue you are doing great! you are in the zone. rock it!

Nanner--congrats on the 20s. be nice if we can run thru 10 lbs fast on JUDDD --will be interesting to see. I can't wait til I mark my May 29, 1 month on JUDD loss. hmm...no clue how this will go the bounce ups are scary aren't they?

Misti good shopping trip. might have been a bit of work but smaller sizes are worth it lol
Old 05-13-2013, 04:34 AM   #845
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UP day got away.
family wanted --wait for it---Chinese.

UGH the sodium bloat is nasty. Up 3 lbs. It is ok. I know it will be gone after my Down Day today. there will be days like this so I accept it and move on.

I have been saying no to chinese for a while now and family finally said we are eating it and you don't have too. well I thought, heck I haven't had it in a while, so I ate it too lol

I knew the outcome. like I said, it is cool. I accept what I ate and know that a few days all will be back to normal and I can get some lbs off.

everyone stay strong!!
Old 05-13-2013, 04:53 AM   #846

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
UP day got away.
family wanted --wait for it---Chinese.

UGH the sodium bloat is nasty. Up 3 lbs. It is ok. I know it will be gone after my Down Day today. there will be days like this so I accept it and move on.

I have been saying no to chinese for a while now and family finally said we are eating it and you don't have too. well I thought, heck I haven't had it in a while, so I ate it too lol

I knew the outcome. like I said, it is cool. I accept what I ate and know that a few days all will be back to normal and I can get some lbs off.

everyone stay strong!!
Yes, the 3 lb will be gone before you know it - 2 rotations for me to lose my pizza oops. I'm not going to weigh today as I know I blew it yesterday for Mother's Day - didn't hold back at all (well, maybe a little). I hate seeing the gains, so I'll hold off weighing until DD is over. Chinese is definitely worth it!

Can't wait to start shopping for some new clothes, too, Misti! I should be able to get into a smaller pant size here pretty soon.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger and Nanner---So it's a threesome on the Mother's Day carnage!

Yeah, I didn't have my planned "slim" piece of Key Lime Pie. I had a big old slice of Key Lime Pie. AND, my brother made cucumber martinis, had one of those, and a glass of red wine at dinner---another 200 calories and 5 or 6 carbs unplanned for carbs. BTW, there are 56 grams of carbs in a serving of Key Lime pie and 450 calories!

Otherwise I stayed on plan, but it was A LOT of plan Yep, onion pie and steak and guacamole and, and, and. So when I added it all up last night my log was screaming WOWZA GIRL!!!!!

So back to business today. I've decided to re-schedule the dinner I had planned w/a friend for tonight. I cannot face another night out. I just need a simple, clean dinner. I mean I really feel like I need that, and that's a good thing. Not hungry, not interested. The treatarama is over for a couple of weeks. I hope.

Misti---good going on the cloths shopping. So great that you found so many pairs of pants you like. I consider finding jeans and pants shopping hell right now. It's Battle In The Fitting Room! all the way.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:43 AM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well, I am back. I am still pretty weak, but otherwise doing okay.I am back on My Plan and doing well.
Wanted to say hope everyone had a great Mother`s Day. Congrats on everyone`s weight loss and Misti Happy you found some clothes you like !!!! You ladies Rock !!!
Have a great day.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Well, I am back. I am still pretty weak, but otherwise doing okay.I am back on My Plan and doing well.
Wanted to say hope everyone had a great Mother`s Day. Congrats on everyone`s weight loss and Misti Happy you found some clothes you like !!!! You ladies Rock !!!
Have a great day.
Jaded---So glad you're feeling better, if still in recovery. And you jumped right back on plan! That's so great. Hope the next few days find you feeling stronger and stronger
Old 05-13-2013, 06:05 PM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

THANK YOU Blue Skies !!!! I appreciate the kind words.I did well today. Hope tomorrow goes well.I am feeling the carb withdrawl tonight.I hope it doesn`t last long.Hope everyone has a great day. See you all later.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:10 AM   #851
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Start Date: Restart ever on going
Congrats on the weight losses. I haven't been near my scale. I try to steer clear of it at TOM. No need in stressing myself out about weight fluctuations. Rambo back from training trip, Mother's Day at the Minor League ballpark, fraud prevention phone call and daughter asking for money after blowing through her weekly allotment to round it all out.

Keep up the great effort everyone!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #852

Hey all - glad to see you back Jaded and that you're feeling better! Wicked, you sound busy!

Well, I've had a bit of a bounce up to 231.5, but that's okay because my bounce ups are lower and lower - used to be up to 236 and 234, now only 231, which I can handle. I know it will go down again after next DD.
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 AM   #853
Major LCF Poster!

Nanner---That wicked bounce! But you have the right attitude about it. I think of weight loss like a ball bouncing down the stairs, it goes up and down.

Yesterday I had a very low calorie and carb day, in fact I barely made it to 800 calories, about 10 gs of carbs. I didn't try to make it so low, I just seriously was fooded out after all that eating out. So between my big day Sunday and tiny day Monday, I dropped another pound and saw a new lower number on the scale. Made me think of JUDD. I know it will bounce up again, but it's always good to see that new number for the first time.

I did wake up very hungry this morning, which is a weird feeling because I haven't been actually hungry for a long time.

Hope y'all have a great day.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #854
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Jaded glad you got thru that last bout with dv. I know hubby when on the mend, he grits his teeth thinking--I hope it is REALLY over and not coming back any time soon

Nanner---I know exactly what you mean. the bounch back is lower and lower. the bounce happens, but then it is a lower bounce. It makes it crazy when ya see it but long term we are losing so that does help the old mind when getting on the scale.
everyone on JUDDD says weight ONLY after a down day and skip the morning after the UP day. makes sense. who really wants to see the bounce LOL

Good job on dropping another Blue. when you get that very weird hungry feeling, stay strict on plan. if you do you could get a monster whoosh down the scale. whenever I got that hunger feeling (and it is a different kind of hunger in a way), if I worked thru it real careful the scale dropped alot. I love whooshes I live for them lol
Old 05-14-2013, 04:31 PM   #855
Major LCF Poster!

Thank You, Nanner and Trigger for the kind words.I am glad to be back. Trigger I know what your husband means, it gets so bad I pray it doesn`t come back.
BLUE,congrats on your loss !!!! Happy for you.
I have had to force myself to even drink an Atkins shake today. Ketosis has hit me hard.Maybe because i was so weak?? I am going to make myself eat something lite.I don`t want to pass out.Maybe a chicken leg and some cheese.
Hope everyone has a good night.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:18 PM   #856
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Thank You, Nanner and Trigger for the kind words.I am glad to be back. Trigger I know what your husband means, it gets so bad I pray it doesn`t come back.
BLUE,congrats on your loss !!!! Happy for you.
I have had to force myself to even drink an Atkins shake today. Ketosis has hit me hard.Maybe because i was so weak?? I am going to make myself eat something lite.I don`t want to pass out.Maybe a chicken leg and some cheese.
Hope everyone has a good night.
Be gentle w/yourself Jaded. Do whatever it takes to get stronger. The plan, the woe, everything can wait till you're confident you're back on your feet and in the pink again. I guess I'd say, eat what your body seems to be asking for, and if it's say, chicken noodle soup---one of the best things imo, for when you're feeling week, and something my body only asks for when I am sick--- then eat that and don't worry about the noodles.

Wow, I've been reading up on diverticulitis since your posts, and because I have a friend who has some symptoms that sound like that, albeit at a lesser degree than yours. But it's clear this is no spring cold.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #857
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Good job on dropping another Blue. when you get that very weird hungry feeling, stay strict on plan. if you do you could get a monster whoosh down the scale. whenever I got that hunger feeling (and it is a different kind of hunger in a way), if I worked thru it real careful the scale dropped alot. I love whooshes I live for them lol
Interesting, Trigger. My hunger this morning was just plain old stomach grumbling, I need some food, hunger. Felt strange because on this LC woe, I haven't felt that way in months. But it didn't surprise me, as I ate so little yesterday.

For me, the whoosh is never more than 2 pounds, and I find that's not real, as it bounces up again pretty fast, at least a pound if not more. But I'm going to pay attention to what happens in this next day or two, and see if that hunger was a signal of good things to come. Hope so.

Meanwhile, I'm checking in w/a decent day. Very good on the carbs, not as good on the calories, but not at all terrible. I'm having a bit of trouble juggling the two, and wrote a thread about it in the main lobby.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:44 PM   #858
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/200/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Hope you are feeling a bit better Jaded. Nothing wrong with the Atkins shakes if you need the nutrition. I agree with Blue Skies, be gentle with yourself.

I am a bit stuck, still just over 248. I have my yearly doctor's appt. next Thursday, and I'd like to be 50 lbs. down on her scale since last year (I was 297 there last year, I gained a few lbs. to 300 before I started eating LC in November). We'll see what I can do. Went out to dinner tonight and I left half of the food on my plate because I got full. Will try not to snack tonight.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:38 AM   #859
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Blue, ride thru the hunger a bit. that whoosh really could be coming.

I read your thread in the Main Lobby.

I need to calorie count. While on atkins my meals got away from me fast. it is the good fats we are allowed. at some point for alot of people calories do matter. some can get away with not watching the calories cause they can self limit easily. it doesn't really effect them. those are the ones who say not to ever watch the calories.
You gotta determine what kind you are. For me at some point I had to accept that my calorie count was too high, which meant I was just eating too much lc foods.

When I got high in calories, I was watching what I was eating. Like 3 eggs and 4 bacon. Well I cut that back to 2 eggs and 2 bacon. saved alot of cals. Or I went a bit different thinking of my old ways to cut calories. 1 egg, 3 egg whites and 4 bacon.
Then things like mayo. my 1 tablespoon, in reality, was probaby 2. I just scooped and plopped it. that is 100 cals extra I didn't really need so I made sure I watched those portions on things that can get away from you. like salad dressings etc.

Then I cooked some meals in butter, oil---then some things I used PAM spray.
It wasn't all greasy chicken with skin. Many meals was lean meats.

Cheese I can get very handed with easily. Once I brought out my food scale again, I weighed cheese. any cheese can slow down a person. And I stopped the cheese at every single meal. When I did this I have to say I started losing better.

Think of how food is prepared. Just for a fleeting second while thinking of a meal you are preparing, how can I cut 50-100 cals from that meal. some little change?
Also when you plug in your meals on your tracker, which meal is coming in at the highest calorie count? that is the meal to watch a bit.

in the beginning on LC I could easily eat 3 eggs fried in a bit of butter with cheeese melted and some mushrooms, 5-6 bacon---and after losing a good bit of weight I then had to recalculate my portion sizes. My breakfast became 1 egg, 3 egg whites to make a bigger omlette, skip the cheese on breakfast cause I had other use for it during the day, and cut bacon back to 3 slices. big difference on those meals for sure and it worked for me.

It is tweaking we have to do. At some point we all have to re-evaluate what is being prepared to eat.

hope some of that helps a bit.
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 AM   #860
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

good luck Misti.
When I lost weight before my Dr. saw me at my highest weight. When I eventually went back 70 lbs lighter she didn't know me LOL I love doing that to people. the shock of seeing someone after a good weight loss.

You will shock your Dr. with your loss. You are doing it! You are losing the weight that many can not get rid of. You found your way. Your dr. will be jumping for joy seeing the amt you have lost. don't worry about that little bit Drs. love to see people on the right path and succeeding in a weight loss plan. You will surprise that Dr. for sure!
keep on rocking it!!!
Old 05-15-2013, 05:11 PM   #861
Major LCF Poster!

Thank`s for the kind words Blue and Misti. I am doing okay today. I woke up hungry and I have ate about 25 carbs today. I am keeping it low carb.I hope to be able to start doing some walking in a few days.I will have to get back to my normal self first.Hope everyone has had a great day.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #862
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Blue, ride thru the hunger a bit. that whoosh really could be coming.

I read your thread in the Main Lobby.

I need to calorie count. While on atkins my meals got away from me fast. it is the good fats we are allowed. at some point for alot of people calories do matter. some can get away with not watching the calories cause they can self limit easily. it doesn't really effect them. those are the ones who say not to ever watch the calories.
You gotta determine what kind you are. For me at some point I had to accept that my calorie count was too high, which meant I was just eating too much lc foods.

When I got high in calories, I was watching what I was eating. Like 3 eggs and 4 bacon. Well I cut that back to 2 eggs and 2 bacon. saved alot of cals. Or I went a bit different thinking of my old ways to cut calories. 1 egg, 3 egg whites and 4 bacon.
Then things like mayo. my 1 tablespoon, in reality, was probaby 2. I just scooped and plopped it. that is 100 cals extra I didn't really need so I made sure I watched those portions on things that can get away from you. like salad dressings etc.

Then I cooked some meals in butter, oil---then some things I used PAM spray.
It wasn't all greasy chicken with skin. Many meals was lean meats.

Cheese I can get very handed with easily. Once I brought out my food scale again, I weighed cheese. any cheese can slow down a person. And I stopped the cheese at every single meal. When I did this I have to say I started losing better.

Think of how food is prepared. Just for a fleeting second while thinking of a meal you are preparing, how can I cut 50-100 cals from that meal. some little change?
Also when you plug in your meals on your tracker, which meal is coming in at the highest calorie count? that is the meal to watch a bit.

in the beginning on LC I could easily eat 3 eggs fried in a bit of butter with cheeese melted and some mushrooms, 5-6 bacon---and after losing a good bit of weight I then had to recalculate my portion sizes. My breakfast became 1 egg, 3 egg whites to make a bigger omlette, skip the cheese on breakfast cause I had other use for it during the day, and cut bacon back to 3 slices. big difference on those meals for sure and it worked for me.

It is tweaking we have to do. At some point we all have to re-evaluate what is being prepared to eat.

hope some of that helps a bit.
Trigger---Thank you so much for putting such time and effort into responding to me on this issue. And you say a lot that makes so much sense.

My weight issues have always been about portion control too, vs. snacking. I'm not much of a snacker at all. My calories, carbs, whatever, and through every woe, including the diets and the free for alls, almost always come from the 2 meals I eat a day. In fact, I have to encourage myself to have a snack now and then, so I don't come to one of those meals so darn ready to have at it. And although my appetite has decreased w/my low carb woe, it's still the same old Blue behind the woe. We are what we are.

I really appreciate what you said about calories, and I so get it. And hey, anyone who's lost 70 freaking pounds is someone I want to listen to! What an accomplishment. I'm trying to lose the same 40 to 50 pounds I've lost and regained twice. I'm almost 6 ft tall, so I get away w/more extra pounds than most---and that's a blessing and a curse, because it allows me to stay in denial longer. Also, I spent a good deal of my life never having to worry about being overweight, save for 5 pounds or so---till late child birth, and then menopause. Menopause was the real whammy. EVERYTHING changed w/that.

And yes, I must admit that keeping track of my calories is important, even though I hate it because the very act of keeping track of my calories, I realize, makes me feel hungry before I get there. My husband tells me that if there's anything to reincarnation he's sure I lived all my past lives as a starving peasant.
And I DO recognize the importance of those caloric decisions. Just last night I was making a salad for myself and I put three pieces of bacon on the tray to bake. Thought about it and took one off.

Anyway, I could go on an on here, but I've gone on enough. I just want to thank you again for your wise words, and the time you put into them.

I'm w/you girl! Now, as you would say, let' get on down that road!
Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #863
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

starving peasant I will join you in that. I am one too!! My portion sizes can go thru the roof literally. I can eat ALOT of food in one sitting. combined with that I am a snacker also. I am a foodie and it caught up with me for sure! Now life is about reining in the food situation. And darn it can be hard.

You made that perfect choice on that bacon. One slice is really not alot of cals., like 35-40, but in the end it is that much less you ate. I am limiting items alot more now.
Plus some foods are very flavorful. You really don't need more of it to get that taste. those foods you can save cals. on if you are conscious of it while preparing meals.

I made low carb crab cakes the other day. I ate 3 monster sized cakes. like 4 NC each. cals were about 325 cals. for all 3. I was so super stuffed I couldn't believe how well it held my appetite. I cut the low carb recipe. 2 eggs, I used 1. 1/4 cup breadcrumbs (22 NC) I used half of a 1/4 cup as a binder. 11 NC. everything I did was to cut the recipe to save cals and carbs. and those suckers came out amazing

So I think for me it is becoming more and more about the meal prep and ways to cut down some cals. anyway I can. all those little cal. cuts add up to a good size in the end of the day.

eh, we do what we can right? we just find little ways to help ourselves and keep on trucking.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:01 AM   #864
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning gals.

Today will be my first day home for lunch in two weeks. I'm happy about that because it's so much easier to watch carbs and calories at home. I do ok w/the low carbs out, but the calories are tougher. So today I'll have a couple of slices of salami w/a dab of cream cheese, a pickle and a hard boiled egg. That will wind up being about 300 calories, instead of the 600 calorie lunch salad or lettuce wrap burger, and that will give me more in store for dinner tonight.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #865
Major LCF Poster!

Where is everyone?

Say Trigger, your crab cakes sound really good. I have to try that

Found Sara Lee's light and lovely hamburger buns, finally and thanks to Nanner's suggestion. They are 8NC for one bun. Very reasonable and I'm thinking those crab cakes would be darn good on one of those buns w/a big slice of tomato and some low carb tartar sauce. Also found Ken Davis low carb barbeque sauce, but no Guy's even though the grocery site said they had it.

Going to try it tonight on a burger and I think, yes, a bun! W/some pepper cheese and an onion, plus small side salad w/my home made LC french dressing, which is delish.

Hope wherever everyone is, it's a good day.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:04 PM   #866
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

smart move on getting those buns. allowing a bit of bread into some days will be wonderful for you. I forgot what it is like to hold a burger. I haven't had bread in ages lol

I saw Sara Lee 45 Delight bread. lower carbs also. I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I stood in front of it for about 10 mins deciding if I should put it in the buggy LOL in the end I walked away.

BUT
BIG DECISION

back to low carb regular eating. I can't do JUDDD. I just can't handle the 500 calorie day. while I can willpower thru it, most of the days I was eating 650-800. So really it wasn't JUDDD. I came to realize I am the type that must have food every single day

So I started a basic induction type meals for a few days just to clean out those heavier carbs I was trying. carb bloat is killing me. I gotta face that I am one of those stupid carb addict types and have no choice but to eliminate most from my meals.

that UP day for JUDDD was getting out of hand. I would lose a bit on down day, not much, then UP day I would gain that bit back a little, then down day lose good if I stuck to the plan, then UP day a bit lower.....but it isn't enough. I am getting no where.
18 days on JUDDD and final number is UP 1.5 right now. No more time wasted.

I gotta get some lbs off. gotta move forward. so my usual low carb with a few extras and I need to move the weight.

today was low carb my way and honestly I feel so much better. baffles my mind how much my body loves low carb living while my mind wants Ding Dongs, ice cream, bagels and nachos

I bought Guys bbq sauce a while ago. meant to use it, changed the meal and haven't tried it yet. I gotta get that bottle out and use it.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #867

I'm here, just hanging out

Not much to report, still bouncing around. Still hanging on but not really doing anything. I think I'll be switching back to LC my way in a week or two, gotta keep the body guessing, and it's nice to switch it up so I don't get bored. I miss my hot wings and hot dogs that are too high calorie to eat on JUDDD.

Those crab cakes do sound really good - wish we had fresh seafood around here but we're totally land-locked. Where do you get your crab?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #868
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
smart move on getting those buns. allowing a bit of bread into some days will be wonderful for you. I forgot what it is like to hold a burger. I haven't had bread in ages lol

I saw Sara Lee 45 Delight bread. lower carbs also. I couldn't bring myself to buy it. I stood in front of it for about 10 mins deciding if I should put it in the buggy LOL in the end I walked away.

BUT
BIG DECISION

back to low carb regular eating. I can't do JUDDD. I just can't handle the 500 calorie day. while I can willpower thru it, most of the days I was eating 650-800. So really it wasn't JUDDD. I came to realize I am the type that must have food every single day

So I started a basic induction type meals for a few days just to clean out those heavier carbs I was trying. carb bloat is killing me. I gotta face that I am one of those stupid carb addict types and have no choice but to eliminate most from my meals.

that UP day for JUDDD was getting out of hand. I would lose a bit on down day, not much, then UP day I would gain that bit back a little, then down day lose good if I stuck to the plan, then UP day a bit lower.....but it isn't enough. I am getting no where.
18 days on JUDDD and final number is UP 1.5 right now. No more time wasted.

I gotta get some lbs off. gotta move forward. so my usual low carb with a few extras and I need to move the weight.

today was low carb my way and honestly I feel so much better. baffles my mind how much my body loves low carb living while my mind wants Ding Dongs, ice cream, bagels and nachos

I bought Guys bbq sauce a while ago. meant to use it, changed the meal and haven't tried it yet. I gotta get that bottle out and use it.
Trigger---good for you. You gave it a good try and realized quickly enough it isn't working for you. I CAN imagine that returning to "low carb our way" might be something of a relief. For me, I just know I couldn't shut off and turn on the carb thing from day to day---and I don't think that's "stupid" on our part. I think it's just the way we are. In fact, I think it's the way most of us are.

For me, it is far easier to allow the VERY occasional carb treat, and stick with the stability of my more gentle low carb plan. Also, I know I wouldn't be able to stick to 500 calories a day, every other day, come hell or high water, not even for a few weeks. And even if I could, then what? Back to the same old maintenance issue.

I gotta say, I'm done w/losing weight just to lose it. Done that, and gained it back. I want to be able to MAINTAIN my weight loss.

When I really think about it, I realize my primary goal is to keep the 12 pounds I've lost off, and my secondary goal is to lose more. And I think that my secondary goal WILL happen, but I think I must be very patient. I just can't risk another "diet," another yo yo on my metabolism, only to end up back where I was 12 pounds ago.

You have done an incredible job so far. I think your decision to return to what worked for you sounds like the right one. Onward!
Old 05-16-2013, 05:54 PM   #869
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
I'm here, just hanging out

Not much to report, still bouncing around. Still hanging on but not really doing anything. I think I'll be switching back to LC my way in a week or two, gotta keep the body guessing, and it's nice to switch it up so I don't get bored. I miss my hot wings and hot dogs that are too high calorie to eat on JUDDD.

Those crab cakes do sound really good - wish we had fresh seafood around here but we're totally land-locked. Where do you get your crab?
LOL
I was eating just enough of the bad carbs all the time to null and void the down day.

I was surprised Nanner to see you also switching back. but you did do better than I did.

it takes a certain type of person to handle JUDDD and more power to those that can and lose. It just wasn't me. I think I would pick ANY plan that allows an UP day to eat whatever I want. foolish me thinking that would work for me no way

I just buy the best top of the line canned lump crab from the market. I don't have any great places aruond me also. it is expensive but makes one heck of a delish crab cake. I am crab lover to the max.

Why are you waiting? just to give it like a month total to see how JUDD treated you?
Old 05-16-2013, 05:57 PM   #870
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Blue for backing me up

I tell ya it was harder than I thought it would be. those gals doing it and losing, wow, they are strong people! more power to them.

I am like you in that I can't do this again. I have to find a good steady weight loss, live with food I like to eat, make it long term for life eating.

again, I know this, but still don't accept it (just yet)---I am going to have to severly limit heavy dense carbs. I know it. but my brain just wants to deny it. I will come around and understand it all one day.

Blue said it! ONWARD everyone.
Closed Thread