Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Support Groups > Low Carb Challenges!
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #811
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Trigger828
WOE: atkins 72
Start Date: ongoing lc lifestyle
I got on the scale finally

lost 1 lb after my UP day --I will take it and run

down day today.
500 cals and eating clean so I think the scale tomorrow should be nice to me. bit of a bloat from yesterday so I hope that whooshes away

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2013, 05:26 AM   #812
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Nanner
Stats: 253/229.5/200
WOE: low carb my way
Start Date: This time - 03/18/2013/JUDDD 04/29/2013
Wicked - Good for you for catching on to what your daughter was doing and nipping it in the bud before things got bad - I haven't had to deal with anything more than the usual "drama hormone days" from my kids yet. Neither of them are interested in partying yet though some of their classmates are. My son was so disappointed to learn this year that a lot of his classmates are now partying - he had no idea (small class of about 30-some kids). He's been invited to parties but has declined going. I told him he could go but not drink, but he has no desire to even go to the parties. Daughter belongs to SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions). Luckily, the kids they most hang out with also are not into partying, so we've been very lucky in that aspect. We talk very openly about it and I don't say never, ever do that because I know one day they will, whether it's in one year or three, but I just want to have an open dialogue and for them to know the safety aspects, no drinking and driving, no riding with someone who has been drinking, I'm always here for a ride if they should ever need one with no questions asked, the dangers of drinking straight alcohol, drugs, etc, we've talked about it all. My son and I have an ongoing argument where he thinks things have changed since I was a teen, and I say that things are the same - kids in high school party, it's what they do, and they will be exposed to it at some point during their high school days, and, when I said he could just say no, that he doesn't want to have a drink, he says it's not the same as when I was a teen, so he doesn't even want to get into the situation at all. I'm also lucky as I haven't had to deal with them having a girlfriend or boyfriend yet, so their high school years (so far) have been relatively easy other than arguing about missing school when they're "sick" or when a grade is going down. I just hope it continues. We're talking about moving to a big city soon (Minneapolis), and I worry about what may happen when they go to a school with 1500 kids as opposed to the school they go to now with 250 kids in 7-12. I think they've shaped their morals and values and are not followers just to be part of the "cool" crowd so I think they'll be okay.

Trigger - Good for you with your loss! I'm not even going to look yet. I had a deliciously wonderful up day yesterday. DH brought home ribeyes and potatoes, so we had steaks on the grill with baked potatoes and garlic toast last night - HEAVEN!! I haven't had a good steak like that in a very long time, and the baked potatoes were delicious also.

Blue - you cracked me up with the onion rings story - lol!! I find myself doing that also, but, like you, I'll have a few and then give the rest away (like the pizza the other night - could've eaten the whole thing but didn't). At least we're making some progress in that we aren't scarfing the whole thing down.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Bye-bye 240's - 04/05/2013
230's - 05/12/2013
220's -
210's -
200!! -
Old 05-09-2013, 06:37 AM   #813
Major LCF Poster!

AH Nanner reading that meal you had was just enjoyable. baked potatoe wtih that steak. OMG! I haven't had a baked tater yet on JUDDD.

tomorrow on my UP day. OH YES small baked tater LOADED the way I love it.
I can't wait now. Sounds like a fab meal !

I think we kinda gotta get used to a different type of weigh in on the scales. Up and down days are going to make us bounce ALOT I think. but in the end the 'little losses' will be thrown in there and we will get down that scale.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #814
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mistizoom
Stats: 300/202/190 initial goal
WOE: low carb
Start Date: November 2012
Ok, ladies, I've been doing very well recently but I'm starting to stress eat. I haven't done that in quite a while. I am in charge of planning two graduation ceremonies for the university where I work, for between 1500-2000 students total. They will be held next Saturday, and I am in the deep trenches of planning right now and little things are going wrong, as usual. I had some "no sugar added" ice cream at our party at work yesterday, but I think it was still pretty high carb (had "sugar-free" cookies in it) and high calorie, and I was up a bit this morning. There is some left over and it, along with some tortilla chips laying around the office, are calling my name! UGH. Must stay away. Eating my lunch now, and I have 2 fat bombs for a snack if needed. I will try to stick to LC foods if I do feel the need to eat more than I should over the next week....
Old 05-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #815
Major LCF Poster!

girl don't you dare gain back some lbs you just lost over STRESS!

no seriously. do anything else but eat. AND IS THERE ANYONE, and I mean anyone, who can help you more. shove some work onto them. don't take it all on by yourself. others can help pull some weight also

LC all the way Misti! You can get thru this. because you don't want to be like me, lose the 2-3-4 lbs and then gain back and have to LOSE THE SAME ones over and over again.

it isn't worth it. hold strong girl!!!
Old 05-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Blue Skies
Stats: 224/177/165 - 5'11"
WOE: LC my way
Start Date: Feb, 2013
Nanner---Great post on your kids and protecting them by being open and having lots of discussions. One good thing these days, they REALLY pound it into those kids heads about drinking and driving in Driver's Ed. The laws are so strict for younger drivers now, one offense and you don't drive till 21. My son and his pals are scared to death to drink and drive. When he got in his late teens and was going to more parties they always had a sober driver, took turns. And OMG, that dinner w/the baked potato and garlic bread, Lord, I miss garlic bread.

Trigger---Good news on one pound less. I always like to think of it as 4 sticks of butter off of me. Makes a pound sound as important as it is.

Misti---Same thing happened to me last week. All of a sudden I wanted to eat more and not so well after weeks of no appetite. Stress was the culprit. The good news is for you it will be over after the weekend. So if you can just make it through a couple of more days, I bet it will pass. Mine did and back to a better place w/the woe this week. You've been doing so great and I agree w/Trigger it's a bummer to have to lose it all over again. But also remember that one little treat here or there isn't going to put several pounds back on you. Just get right back on the wagon and don't use it as an excuse to go whole hog.

Good day for me. Another photography shoot, but we ordered lunch from Jimmy Johns and I got the Roast beef, tomato, cheese and mayo "unwich" in lettuce. It was darn good and just 2 grams of carbs. Dinner will be buttery scrambled eggs w/onion and chive cream cheese folded in at the end, bacon and roasted roma tomatoes on the side. This is a delicious dinner that makes me forget all about garlic bread. Not really.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #817
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
Misti---Same thing happened to me last week. All of a sudden I wanted to eat more and not so well after weeks of no appetite. Stress was the culprit. The good news is for you it will be over after the weekend. So if you can just make it through a couple of more days, I bet it will pass. Mine did and back to a better place w/the woe this week. You've been doing so great and I agree w/Trigger it's a bummer to have to lose it all over again. But also remember that one little treat here or there isn't going to put several pounds back on you. Just get right back on the wagon and don't use it as an excuse to go whole hog.

Good day for me. Another photography shoot, but we ordered lunch from Jimmy Johns and I got the Roast beef, tomato, cheese and mayo "unwich" in lettuce. It was darn good and just 2 grams of carbs. Dinner will be buttery scrambled eggs w/onion and chive cream cheese folded in at the end, bacon and roasted roma tomatoes on the side. This is a delicious dinner that makes me forget all about garlic bread. Not really.
It's next weekend (May 18), so I have a whole 'notehr week to get through!! I did ok this afternoon. I did have a stick of beef jerky I didn't need, but it was only 90 cal and 1 g carb. I'll try to decompress tonight and be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. But I've got to order my mother a last minute Mother's Day gift tonight so stress is not over yet.

I had to order lunch for a work meeting last week and I got it from Jimmy John's - kinda sneaky of me if I do say so myself. I felt a bit bad that there were two vegetarians and they got essentially cheese and vegetable sandwiches, but I imagine they are used to it. I got my usual #16 Club Lulu turkey bacon club unwich. Yum.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistizoom View Post
It's next weekend (May 18), so I have a whole 'notehr week to get through!! I did ok this afternoon. I did have a stick of beef jerky I didn't need, but it was only 90 cal and 1 g carb. I'll try to decompress tonight and be in a better frame of mind tomorrow. But I've got to order my mother a last minute Mother's Day gift tonight so stress is not over yet.

I had to order lunch for a work meeting last week and I got it from Jimmy John's - kinda sneaky of me if I do say so myself. I felt a bit bad that there were two vegetarians and they got essentially cheese and vegetable sandwiches, but I imagine they are used to it. I got my usual #16 Club Lulu turkey bacon club unwich. Yum.
Yeah, as soon as I typed submit I thought to myself, I bet she means a week from this Saturday. So OK, that's a bit longer. But you can do it! I know you can.

And a bit of beef jerky is absolutely NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. In fact, I think you should pat yourself on the back for making such a wise choice when you probably wanted a big old donut or something equally as naughty.

The thing is Misti, you're still doing very well! You just think you aren't because it's been harder when under stress than it was last week or the week before. Sometimes I think we punish ourselves for and are in fear of wanting it more than we did yesterday. These days are always going to happen.

So again, if you have a mis step, move on immediately to better choices, and keep on keeping on. DO NOT USE IT as an excuse to go whole hog. And I'll thank you kindly for telling me the same thing when I fear I'm on the brink.

And I'll remind you and me, here's what's really stressful: being overweight, and all the health fears and self recrimination that comes with it.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #819
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
And I'll remind you and me, here's what's really stressful: being overweight, and all the health fears and self recrimination that comes with it.
I like that Blue. It is so true. the stress might make you want to eat way off plan, but in the end the weight is the enemy. So don't feed the enemy

Today is an UP day for me to eat. Will keep it lower carb today.
I lost 1.5 on the scale. I kinda want to be careful on the up day to try to lock this in without a bounce.
So far JUDDD is ok. I am starting to settle into the pattern.

I WISH EVERYONE A GREAT EATING DAY TODAY
Old 05-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #820
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: WickedStitch
Stats: 244/222/180
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart March 2013
Quote:
Wicked Stitch---you're a good strong mama, lucky for your daughter.

But then I found myself shouting onion rings into that drive through box. Couldn't believe my ears! Didn't see it coming. In the end, I only ate half of them and gave the rest to hubby before I could snarf down the whole thing.
First off, thanks! I am lucky to have such close relationships with both of my kids. I wouldn't have it any other way!

Secondly...onion rings are far better carb wise than say yelling FRENCH FRIES through the drive through window! So good for you. Doubly good for you in that you only taste tested half of them!
Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #821
Major LCF Poster!

I noticed I don't require full versions of foods as much anymore.

like Blue eating 1/2 the onion rings. it was enough. she got rid of them before eating the whole cal. count. makes sense if you are going to 'go a bit overboard' WHY GO all the way when a taste is really what ya want.

I taste alot of things and stop. the other night on a down day I made mashed taters and gravy. grabbed a spoon, big old tater and dipped in gravy. YUM. but I could stop.
it was enough, I enjoyed it and I didn't go further.

have any of you noticed you can stop shorter now of eating it all? the whole portion?
Old 05-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #822
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanner View Post
Wicked - Good for you for catching on to what your daughter was doing and nipping it in the bud before things got bad - I haven't had to deal with anything more than the usual "drama hormone days" from my kids yet. Neither of them are interested in partying yet though some of their classmates are. My son was so disappointed to learn this year that a lot of his classmates are now partying - he had no idea (small class of about 30-some kids). He's been invited to parties but has declined going. I told him he could go but not drink, but he has no desire to even go to the parties. Daughter belongs to SADD (Students Against Destructive Decisions). Luckily, the kids they most hang out with also are not into partying, so we've been very lucky in that aspect. We talk very openly about it and I don't say never, ever do that because I know one day they will, whether it's in one year or three, but I just want to have an open dialogue and for them to know the safety aspects, no drinking and driving, no riding with someone who has been drinking, I'm always here for a ride if they should ever need one with no questions asked, the dangers of drinking straight alcohol, drugs, etc, we've talked about it all. My son and I have an ongoing argument where he thinks things have changed since I was a teen, and I say that things are the same - kids in high school party, it's what they do, and they will be exposed to it at some point during their high school days, and, when I said he could just say no, that he doesn't want to have a drink, he says it's not the same as when I was a teen, so he doesn't even want to get into the situation at all. I'm also lucky as I haven't had to deal with them having a girlfriend or boyfriend yet, so their high school years (so far) have been relatively easy other than arguing about missing school when they're "sick" or when a grade is going down. I just hope it continues. We're talking about moving to a big city soon (Minneapolis), and I worry about what may happen when they go to a school with 1500 kids as opposed to the school they go to now with 250 kids in 7-12. I think they've shaped their morals and values and are not followers just to be part of the "cool" crowd so I think they'll be okay.
It's great to have a close relationship and open dialog with your kids these days. Unfortunately, some parents are too busy in their own lives or kids too disconnected from the family to care. My daughters graduating class was 525 kids. My sons class I believe is currently around 600 (sophomore).

I am happy to say that once I broke that 'friendship' apart, we didn't have any more concerns and it was smooth sailing! My son could care less about socializing. He says he does enough of that on the baseball team. hahah In 8th grade, after having never wanted to go to a school dance decided he would go. After about 20 minutes he called me to come get him. I had just barely got in the house! So of course I went and saved him from the awkward 8th grade socializing. He was ever so thankful.

When I hear some of the other kids or their parents and what they are going through or have been through, I am thrilled by the way I have raised mine and how they have turned out.

From the sounds of it, you should be darn proud of your kids as well! Nice job Momma!

Old 05-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #823

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedStitch View Post
It's great to have a close relationship and open dialog with your kids these days. Unfortunately, some parents are too busy in their own lives or kids too disconnected from the family to care. My daughters graduating class was 525 kids. My sons class I believe is currently around 600 (sophomore).

I am happy to say that once I broke that 'friendship' apart, we didn't have any more concerns and it was smooth sailing! My son could care less about socializing. He says he does enough of that on the baseball team. hahah In 8th grade, after having never wanted to go to a school dance decided he would go. After about 20 minutes he called me to come get him. I had just barely got in the house! So of course I went and saved him from the awkward 8th grade socializing. He was ever so thankful.

When I hear some of the other kids or their parents and what they are going through or have been through, I am thrilled by the way I have raised mine and how they have turned out.

From the sounds of it, you should be darn proud of your kids as well! Nice job Momma!
That is so like my son - he likes to go shoot hoops with some of his friends or throw the football around, but otherwise, he'd rather stay home and play PS3. That's fine, I know where he is. He isn't interested in the dances here either. I love my relationship with my kids - worry a bit about my daughter as she isn't happy where we live and can't wait to get out of here, but otherwise, we have a very good time - lots of laughter between all of us - they got their dad's sense of humor. We're very lucky, Wicked, it sounds like!

Not much to report today, still up from my oops the other night but everyone said it would take a couple of rotations probably to get rid of it. I can wait. Making bars right now to go to a funeral for a friend who died of skin cancer - 46 years old. Stay away from the tanning beds, people.
Old 05-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #824
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Making bars right now to go to a funeral for a friend who died of skin cancer - 46 years old. Stay away from the tanning beds, people.

So sorry to hear this.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #825
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
Start Date: 1/1/14
Well I have had to be MIA for a while. I am getting over a diverticulitus attack.I hope to be able to get back to MY plan by Monday. I have had to eat what I could get to stay down.Mainly crackers, broth,cottage cheese,etc.
Happy to read you all are doing well. CONGRATS to all the weight loss,folks !!!! I hope to be back on the weight loss road with you,soon. Looking forward to next week.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #826
Major LCF Poster!

Nanner sorry about your friend. that is so young. life is definitely tough and trying.
Your oops will drop. hold the course!

Jaded, sorry you got so sick. My hubby has attacks of div. also. he is super careful with small seeds, avoids alot of foods etc. he has been doing very well lately and all those changes he made seem to help. the misery of div. is hard to handle.
Glad you are coming around. It would take hubby a few days to get thru some attacks. ended up in ER a few times also. You take care of yourself!!
Old 05-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger828 View Post
I noticed I don't require full versions of foods as much anymore.

like Blue eating 1/2 the onion rings. it was enough. she got rid of them before eating the whole cal. count. makes sense if you are going to 'go a bit overboard' WHY GO all the way when a taste is really what ya want.

I taste alot of things and stop. the other night on a down day I made mashed taters and gravy. grabbed a spoon, big old tater and dipped in gravy. YUM. but I could stop.
it was enough, I enjoyed it and I didn't go further.

have any of you noticed you can stop shorter now of eating it all? the whole portion?
Trigger---the truth is I barely got those onion rings out of my hands, let me tell you, it was a close call. If my husband hadn't been home to throw them at, they'd have gone down the hatch just like that. I love onion rings, and Hardees are the BEST. They're beer battered so they're very high in carbs, which is of course why they're so delishy.

But yeah, in general I'm much better at just having a taste than I used to be, and I'm best of all after I've just lost a pound or two. Nothing motivates like success, right?

Jaded---sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Glad to hear you're eating what you have to eat under the circumstances w/out feeling bad about it. Feeling better comes first, and that takes any nutrients your body can take. You'll be back to it in no time at all.

TGIF for me in a major way. Just got home and am thrilled to the gills this week is over. It was a bear. But I did well at lunch out again today, had the most delightful salad---everything so fresh and a great combination of stuff, light and lovely and very satisfying. I am so grateful for how many tasty and satisfying things I can enjoy on this woe, even if onion rings in beer batter are not one of them.

Tonight will be a steak, w/the same eggs I made last night. A friend has taught me a new way to make scrambled eggs that's so spectacularly good, and when I have more energy I'm going to share it w/y'all.

Hope everyone is ready to have a lovely Friday evening, I know I am.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:10 PM   #828
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Not much to report today, still up from my oops the other night but everyone said it would take a couple of rotations probably to get rid of it. I can wait. Making bars right now to go to a funeral for a friend who died of skin cancer - 46 years old. Stay away from the tanning beds, people.
Very sorry to hear that Nanner.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #829
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded62 View Post
Well I have had to be MIA for a while. I am getting over a diverticulitus attack.I hope to be able to get back to MY plan by Monday. I have had to eat what I could get to stay down.Mainly crackers, broth,cottage cheese,etc.
Happy to read you all are doing well. CONGRATS to all the weight loss,folks !!!! I hope to be back on the weight loss road with you,soon. Looking forward to next week.
Oh no! Take care of yourself!
Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Blue you got me laughing about those onion rings

and get some energy---I want that scrambled egg info!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #831
Major LCF Poster!

nanner---

Just checked in w/my gals one more time before I hit the hay tonight. And I realized in my totally stressed out overwhelmed end of the week stuff, I somehow missed telling you I'm sorry for the loss of your friend

Hope tomorrow dawns brighter for all of us.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #832

Thanks all, it was a long day. Feel so sorry for her kids - thankfully they are all adults but seem so young to lose their mom - I was 45 and it was devastating, they are all in their early 20's (youngest daughter turned 21 the day after her mom died).
Old 05-10-2013, 10:38 PM   #833
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jaded62
Start Date: 1/1/14
I am up sick tonight. Thought I would check in. I amhappy you all are doing well. Nanner. I am so sorry your friend passed away. So Sad.
I THANK YOU for all your kind words about my sickness. It is a hard cross to deal with.I can manage most of the time,but sometimes It gets the best of me.

Hope you all have a great weekend. Look forward to next week.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:03 AM   #834
Major LCF Poster!

Nanner that is tough. Early 20s is young still to lose a mom!
that is so sad.
Old 05-11-2013, 04:06 AM   #835
Major LCF Poster!

up .8 on the scale. I am ok with that. went over calories a bit on UP day. good thing I ate mostly healthier foods so I guess that treated me well.

down day today. 500 cals will look like this
can progresso soup late for lunch 160
1/2 cup raspberry/blueberry mix 70
4 oz chicken, brocc/cauli mix, 1/4 cup alfredo sauce, 4 Tbsp parm cheese 200
leaves a few cals for something like 2--40 cal fudge pop tonight

what is harder on JUDDD is the scale. it drops in smaller losses after down days and I miss seeing a huge whoosh down the scale. but as long as the lbs go away in the end, I can handle it

I hope everyone has a wonderful saturday and eat great ya'll!! Come monday we need some good lbs off our butts
Old 05-11-2013, 05:34 AM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Adou?
where are ya?
hope all is well. thinking of you and hoping all is moving forward!
Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Trigger---hey, your down day plan doesn't sound too bad. I think the variety you got into it is great! That's what seems it would be hard to do on 500 cals a day.

Well another day, another night out. This has really been a testing time for me as I've had to be out for meals constantly in these last days. Tonight we're meeting friends out for dinner, but I've already checked the menu at the restaurant we're going to and planned what I'll order, and I should be fine.

Then tomorrow night, out again! Mother's Day at my brother's house. I have planned one treat for then, which will be a thin slice of my husband's Key Lime Pie. After all, it is Mother's day, and this mom wants some pie! Otherwise I should be good as we're having steaks, salad and veggie, and I'm bringing guacamole as an appetizer, so that will all work.

We'll see how I do when I report back in. But I'm feeling pretty strong. Fingers crossed.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #838
Major LCF Poster!

Blue the 500 cals per day gets easier with time. as with most things. but who knows, in the near future I could be battling that 500 cals per day and starving not sure how this will go but still trying hard.

wow you are eating out alot. eating out alot gets me out of control almost. the sodium gets me also. at some point I look at hubby and say --no more eating out for at least 6-7 days! I gotta get back on fresh homemade foods

Glad you are feeling strong! when in that mode take advantage of it and work your plan well!
Old 05-12-2013, 03:52 AM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

down day treated me ok. .8 gone. I thought it would be more. huh? well adjusting to new plan and ways of eating I guess it takes time to get it in gear.

UP day today. 1940 cals to play with. will eat well, a few treats, but keep it lower carb as usual.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

off to moms today to relax and have a visit.
everyone stay strong on their plans and lets lose some of those nasty lbs.
Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 AM   #840

Dreaded getting on the scale this morning - just didn't feel like I lost anything, but (drumroll please) - 229.5!!

Finally into the 220's (barely)!

Now for the Up day - have to try and control it best I can.

Happy Mother's Day everybody!!
Closed Thread